07-15-2008, 09:53 PM
who will you be supporting?

West Ham United

Mls

MLS All Stars

or just going to protest?

Flipityflu
07-15-2008, 10:07 PM
none of the above. going as a neutral, not protesting.

i'll give Jimmy B support though

andyc
07-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Sorry but with that starting 11 on the all star wankers I have to support West Ham

Bloor West FC
07-15-2008, 10:11 PM
I just purchased the new West Ham United jersey from there site. Goingto go to the game wearing West Ham blue with the RPB scarf!!!

NateDoGG
07-15-2008, 10:16 PM
all stars obviously. i dont blow bubbles

Bluenose13
07-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Let me think about that one ;)

BigLou
07-15-2008, 11:46 PM
I want to blow bubbles. I have been practicing the lyrics for weeks. SO ready to bust it out. Landon is a cunt.

Seriously though, I cheer for Toronto FC players. When our leading man Jimmy B is on that field hes the guy and that's the team. You take him off and we have a bunch'a wanks on the field (rest of all star team) that we all hate. That's my take.

etro
07-16-2008, 01:53 AM
neither... sold my tickets for big $$ and could give a shit!

dannyd
07-16-2008, 05:13 AM
I'm suprised people are actually going to this game. For me its a joke. TBH I'm a little dissapointed that we are even supporting it...

bhoybobby
07-16-2008, 06:57 AM
It's a good event, puts the spotlight on T.O, Lots of decent players, what's not to like?

All footie fans should be up for this. I'm supporting mls.

Nuvinho
07-16-2008, 07:04 AM
I am supporting MLS b/c of the 3 canucks on the team.

pekduck
07-16-2008, 07:05 AM
agreed.

when's the next time an all-star soccer match will be in toronto?

It's a good event, puts the spotlight on T.O, Lots of decent players, what's not to like?

All footie fans should be up for this. I'm supporting mls.

Oldtimer
07-16-2008, 07:10 AM
Protesting. Also going to enjoy a nice footy match. I really can't get all worked up about this game, however.

Niall
07-16-2008, 08:41 AM
I am cheering for West Ham when Landycakes is anywhere near the ball, MLS when any Canadian is near the ball, and protesting the rest of the match.

Might get confusing at times, especially the deeper I get into the evening.

nimamalek
07-16-2008, 09:17 AM
i dont know about the protesting but i'll be throwing pink streamers at Becks and Landycakes

werewolf
07-16-2008, 09:20 AM
I don't cheer for the players on MLS all-wanker team under any circumstances at any time.

Nerepis
07-16-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm one day blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air.
They fly so high,
Nearly reach the sky,
Then like my dreams,
They fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding,
I've looked everywhere,
I'm one day blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air.

Phil
07-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Protesting for me, and enjoying a nice match.

Pachuco
07-16-2008, 09:28 AM
MLS for sure. I mean think about it. If MLS All Stars lose to West Ham that would personally be a little embarassing. West Ham probaby hasn't even started training yet and most of those guys won't be match fit. If we want the perception of this league to grow positive we can't be losing to West Ham in this situation. My only interest is for people around the world to start taking this league seriously.

And yes, I know what will be said if West Ham loses on that day.
"It's a friendly game, who cares?"
"The team used this as a game to work on their fitness"
"They played the bench for most of the game"

But what will be said if MLS All Stars lose?
"The best players in the MLS couldn't beat West Ham"
"MLS Can't be taken seriuosly when they can't beat a West Ham team that played the bench"
"MLS is in the middle of their season and their All Stars can't beat a West Ham team who is just starting to play together"

I'd personally prefer to hear the excuses from West Ham supporters then to see the embarrasing headlines.

Jay P
07-16-2008, 09:37 AM
supporting MLS players...

If Yankee fans can cheer on rival american league players @ the all star game @ yankee stadium, we can get off our high horse and support mls players

and when jimmy b enters the game we go fawking mental.

trane
07-16-2008, 09:59 AM
FUCK THE MLS ALLSTARS, AND THE REST OF THE MLS. UNITED ALL THE WAY.

What will it prove if MLS wins, you are kidding yourself if you think the MLS is on par with European leagues. One day it will be if TFC is allowed to grow, and not be shackled by the present league rules and attitudes.

Pachuco
07-16-2008, 11:17 AM

What will it prove if MLS wins, you are kidding yourself if you think the MLS is on par with European leagues. One day it will be if TFC is allowed to grow, and not be shackled by the present league rules and attitudes.

Who says MLS is on par with European leagues? seriously, who said that?

Your quote is exactly the reason to go for MLS.

What will it prove if MLS wins? absolutely nothing.

But what will it prove if West Ham wins? the fact that not even the best players in the MLS (mid season) can beat a middle of the table EPL team before they've even started training together for the season.

Pachuco
07-16-2008, 11:19 AM

Oh yeah, and fuck the rest of the MLS. Because they aren't the reason why we can all go to BMO field and watch AN MLS GAME!!! :rolleyes:

Blazer
07-16-2008, 12:23 PM
I’m not into staging coos but how amazing would it be if silence filled the stadium until Brennan comes in where cheers erupt and the place goes mental?!

We don’t have a legit Brennan chant for this game do we?

Blazer
07-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Is the suggestion to protest (no cheering and wearing black) merely to raise awareness and show support for BMO remaining a SSS?

werewolf
07-16-2008, 12:50 PM
seeing Frankie Hejduk running down the flank and hitting Landycakes with a cross does not excite me in any way, shape, or form.

trane
07-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Oh yeah, and fuck the rest of the MLS. Because they aren't the reason why we can all go to BMO field and watch AN MLS GAME!!! :rolleyes:

No they are not. I go because TFC plays at BMO. I would prefer to watch an all Canadian League, I do not give a shit about any other MLS franchise, in fact I hate all other franchises, I hate their fans, and I hate the entire US soccer system. The whole setup is crap, playoffs, all-star game, this is all american crap that I could do without. I watch the MLS because TFC is in it, if TFC was not in it, I would not give two shits.

You can support the MLS and love the league, and cheer for Ladycakes and company, knock yourseld out, go with the corporate line. Personally I feel that this is fake, we love you ladycake one, week and then we hate you the next. Please as I said before any MLS player not in a TFC jersey is an enemy to me. I hate seeing them on our pitch. We are not going to play WHU in a competitive match any time soon, and they are a hardnosed hard working club, I would rather support them in one game, then wankers I hate and cheer agains for 15 other games.

BC101
07-16-2008, 12:56 PM
No they are not. I go because TFC plays at BMO. I would prefer to watch an all Canadian League, I do not give a shit about any other MLS franchise, in fact I hate all other franchises, I hate their fans, and I hate the entire US soccer system. The whole setup is crap, playoffs, all-star game, this is all american crap that I could do without. I watch the MLS because TFC is in it, if TFC was not in it, I would not give two shits.

You can support the MLS and love the league, and cheer for Ladycakes and company, knock yourseld out, go with the corporate line. Personally I feel that this is fake, we love you ladycake one, week and then we hate you the next. Please as I said before any MLS player not in a TFC jersey is an enemy to me. I hate seeing them on our pitch. We are not going to play WHU in a competitive match any time soon, and they are a hardnosed hard working club, I would rather support them in one game, then wankers I hate and cheer agains for 15 other games.

Thats the reason the MLS is even on my radar... Before I didn't even give it a second or even THIRD looking...

trane
07-16-2008, 01:01 PM
^ That was my view as well. The league by itseld means nothing to me. It is an american league organized and run in ways I do not like, and playing a style I am also not particullarly crazy about. For me if there is not TFC, the MLS does not exsist.

shaunsas
07-16-2008, 02:21 PM
I will only be supporting Jimmy B....

i

shaunsas
07-16-2008, 02:22 PM
just Jimmy B....

someone please streamer landy pants in black streamers....

trane
07-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Basically only less then one in three RPB are going to support the MLS All-Stars.

ensco
07-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Most balanced poll result in RPB history

Does anyone else think that, no matter what anyone says now, once the game gets going, most of the fans will wind up cheering for the MLS after all? (because of Brennan and DeRo, and especially if the MLS team put some nice moves together)

MadMike
07-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Yup Yup oh yeah !!!!

RealG-TFC
07-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Everybody should boo Landycakes!

RealG-TFC
07-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Is there an anti-Landycakes cheer anyways?

Bloor West FC
07-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Even though I will be wearing WHU colors and cheering for them, I will still cheer on Jimmy B if he plays!

Dirk Diggler
07-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Yes, lets all boo the MLS All-Stars because it is filled with wankers where as West Ham is full of ideal footballers and personalities such as Bellamy and Lee Bowyer; people who every kid should look up to when learning sportsmanship. All they're missing is Joey Barton now. Maybe he'll be signed once he gets out :rolleyes:

nascarguy
07-16-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm not even going to be watching it on tv . I sold my ticket

olegunnar
07-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Screw the MLS
Especially if they break their own rules and make us give McBride to Chicago

Bloor West FC
07-16-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm not even going to be watching it on tv . I sold my ticket

WHO ARE YA???????

RedLion
07-16-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm temporarily blowing bubbles...

Will be supporting West Ham, mainly because they're playing a team of TFC's opponents. Plus there is too much wrong with MLS in its current form to give the impression of supporting it.

Won't be booing Jimmy B, obviously, or DeRo.

NateDoGG
07-16-2008, 10:28 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_Forever_Blowing_Bubbles
screw westham, MILLWALL all the way ;)

TFC07
07-16-2008, 10:34 PM

Well said.

I'm blowing bubbles for West Ham United for this game. :)

KrazyKanadian
07-16-2008, 11:10 PM
I don't care about either team. It's an excuse to party with friends and watch footy without worrying if the result affects my team.