PDA

View Full Version : A little chant rant :)

Bloor West FC
07-15-2008, 09:37 PM
WTF is up with these chants ?

1. we smoke weed all day?

No I don't and stop looking at me and expecting me to join along :)

2. Fu Fuc Fuck FUCK YOU?

This doesn't make we wanna chant, it has nothing to do with our team. How does this pump up our lads?

3. East side stand up?

The east side well when they do stand up they sit right back down, not counting 111, top of 110 and 109.

Ok thats it for me. Have a great night fellow RPB'S!!!

Don Julio
07-15-2008, 09:55 PM
And "Stand Up for the TFC" while walking through the fucking GO tunnel has got to be an all-time low. :(

NateDoGG
07-15-2008, 09:57 PM
time to start copying euro chants

Roogsy
07-15-2008, 09:57 PM
The East/West side stand up chant gets me the most.

OK...they stood up. Now what??? :rolleyes:

The FU,FUC,FUCK chant doesn't do it for me either. Really witty that one.

tfc2007
07-15-2008, 09:58 PM
haha yea really, everyone was already standing, minus one lady in an electic wheel chair.

Bloor West FC
07-15-2008, 10:10 PM
we don't need to copy anybody! Its time to come up with some other good chants!!!! We need everybody to pick there brain for some chants :) . Thats all

Hooligan69
07-15-2008, 10:13 PM
The chants are getting about as bad as our play on the pitch.

FluSH
07-15-2008, 10:17 PM
WTF is up with these chants ?

1. we smoke weed all day?

The problem that I have with this chant (although funny) is that we are cannibalizing our own chants?!?!!

This is done through the version of Dichio24... if we keep using that tune it's going to take away from it's meaning and dilute the chant altogether (although in my opinion the only time it sounded good was last year)

So yeah... if you wanna chant about smoking weed all day I could care less but use different chants instead of recycling the one's we are still using.

FluSH
07-15-2008, 10:22 PM
And "Stand Up for the TFC" while walking through the fucking GO tunnel has got to be an all-time low. :(

http://www.litho-art.net/images/art/black%20and%20white/kill%20me%20now.jpg

NateDoGG
07-15-2008, 10:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDT_ZItzNRs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzLKc-fuYzA
u guys need to get together and get organized like this

someone needs to get a bullhorn and get the ends ready to sing, im sick of this shit ;)

Niall
07-15-2008, 10:32 PM
The chants seem to be getting worse. Can't even get a third of the section in sync.

Mind you there were a lot of new faces today. Could of been it.

They also seemed to reach a new low of disrespect when it wasn't due, lots of drunken ramblings that can't possibly be called chants.

Hope the boys and us do better as a whole on Saturday

pekduck
07-15-2008, 10:35 PM
half the lower rows of 111 is like empty.. i didn't see much of the regular season holders... chairs can't chant.. .and those ppl who are there are mostly first-timers

FluSH
07-15-2008, 10:46 PM
The chants seem to be getting worse. Can't even get a third of the section in sync.

Mind you there were a lot of new faces today. Could of been it.

They also seemed to reach a new low of disrespect when it wasn't due, lots of drunken ramblings that can't possibly be called chants.

Hope the boys and us do better as a whole on Saturday

We'll be back in full form for Saturday.... and just wait for the Montreal game!!!

adampz
07-15-2008, 10:55 PM
ya everybody really needs to come together, and get organised. Montreal better be good, cause thats the game ill probably be at:)

noochie
07-15-2008, 11:09 PM
I think the dreadful pace in this game coupled with so many new faces in the stadium dragged this game down. I think we can take the mulligan :) Apparently no one was really watching anyway...

Flipityflu
07-15-2008, 11:16 PM
The problem that I have with this chant (although funny) is that we are cannibalizing our own chants?!?!!

This is done through the version of Dichio24... if we keep using that tune it's going to take away from it's meaning and dilute the chant altogether (although in my opinion the only time it sounded good was last year)

So yeah... if you wanna chant about smoking weed all day I could care less but use different chants instead of recycling the one's we are still using.

yep.

seriously, do those who sing this really not give a fuck about our team? i'm calling them out now. why do this? why piss on our own history? you make us look like shit.

if you want to sing some pro weed song, go to a Cypress Hill concert or something. it has nothing to do with football. honestly, its stuff like this that stops people from getting involved. STFU

adampz
07-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Hopefully people like this, singing about marijuana all game, will eventually give up their seats because tfc is no longer the "cool" thing to be at. Maybe then people like me who want to sing about the team could be STH's :)

egoodwin
07-15-2008, 11:29 PM
The East/West side stand up chant gets me the most.

OK...they stood up. Now what??? :rolleyes:

The FU,FUC,FUCK chant doesn't do it for me either. Really witty that one.
FU-FUC-FUCK-FUCK YOU

like other chants is all about timing... it's not appropriate in every situation...

egoodwin
07-15-2008, 11:31 PM
we don't need to copy anybody! Its time to come up with some other good chants!!!! We need everybody to pick there brain for some chants :) . Thats all
what's the point really...

admit it, chants will only get support on the board if they are posted by a certain group of people... if it's anyone else, the chant suggestion gets ignored...

james
07-15-2008, 11:38 PM
FU...FUC....FUCK.....FUCK YOU! we used in Montreal and it had real meanning when we played them and they had signs saying they hate us and when they were saying they wanted to fight us. This chant had true meanning for some of us who were involved in that exspecially after the fight, it brings back good memories of Montreal! haha

cant wait for Tuesday!

FluSH
07-15-2008, 11:40 PM
FU-FUC-FUCK-FUCK YOU

I tried doign this chant... and well its a total failure as I'm way too drunk to spell correctly!

adampz
07-15-2008, 11:42 PM
we need to get a couple of solid chants, and just stick to em, i find everybody is trying to make new chants all the time

FluSH
07-15-2008, 11:42 PM
what's the point really...

admit it, chants will only get support on the board if they are posted by a certain group of people... if it's anyone else, the chant suggestion gets ignored...

Actually chants get support from everywhere... even some chants that get support on the boards don't make it to the stands and vice versa (some that don't do pick up) becuase when you are belting the chant live it's totally different than sitting down and analyzing it...

which reminds me... we had 3 new solid chants that came out from the Chicago trip and they carried well in the stands even with the casuals...

I'll post them later!

Cambridge_Red
07-15-2008, 11:43 PM
I hear ya Bloor. The stand up one is really stupid when already walking ffs lol. The F-U-C-K chant was funny the first time, but got old. I must confess I loved the yellow sticks chant..

Cambridge_Red
07-15-2008, 11:44 PM
You can stick your yellow sticks up your ass!! clap clap you can...(coming around the mountain tune)

Fuck Chicago fuck fuck chicago fuck....

Flipityflu
07-15-2008, 11:49 PM
does anybody want to come out and say where the weed dichio24 is starting?

james
07-16-2008, 12:00 AM
You can stick your yellow sticks up your ass!! clap clap you can...(coming around the mountain tune)

Fuck Chicago fuck fuck chicago fuck....

i find when you go on road trips certain chants are started but only those who were on the road trip can really relate to so the chants dont work so well when you come back at BMO field.

Cambridge_Red
07-16-2008, 12:03 AM
i find when you go on road trips certain chants are started but only those who were on the road trip can really relate to so the chants dont work so well when you come back at BMO field.

I hear you :)

Laurignano
07-16-2008, 12:06 AM
We have gone backwards on chants IMO. Not forward.

adampz
07-16-2008, 12:08 AM
^oh ya, what in our support for tfc has really gone forward though?

Cambridge_Red
07-16-2008, 12:13 AM
What? seriously???? /\

Blazer
07-16-2008, 12:14 AM

Who cares who is starting it. Just don't continue it and it will die.

james
07-16-2008, 12:17 AM
really the dichio chant is dieing all together. I dont think this chant will survive another season.

Cambridge_Red
07-16-2008, 12:19 AM
really the dichio chant is dieing all together. I dont think this chant will survive another season.

:noidea:I hope not bro. I think tonight was just an offnight we'll be back in full force on saturday.

yellowfellow
07-16-2008, 12:21 AM
I blame section 117 for this. The "I do what I want" attitude kills all chants.

james
07-16-2008, 12:26 AM
:noidea:I hope not bro. I think tonight was just an offnight we'll be back in full force on saturday.

oh i hope not to, but ive notice even on days when we have great crowds with great atmosphere the Dichio chant is getting shorter and shorter. Sometimes we cant even last a full minute anymore.

adampz
07-16-2008, 12:26 AM
i say ship everybody in 117 over to 119 and get the party in 117 started!

Bloor West FC
07-16-2008, 06:50 AM
I understand using it when someone wants to fights us like in Chicago or Montreal but why carry it on to every game? Yesterday there was no reason to chant that.

Oh and one other thing stop pissing off security on purpose!!!! If they say don't swear say o.k than go back to the chants. Don't swear at the security and don't start a chant chanting CUNT CUNT CUNT!!!!

FU...FUC....FUCK.....FUCK YOU! we used in Montreal and it had real meanning when we played them and they had signs saying they hate us and when they were saying they wanted to fight us. This chant had true meanning for some of us who were involved in that exspecially after the fight, it brings back good memories of Montreal! haha

cant wait for Tuesday!

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 06:59 AM

I know exactly where it's starting. It's been sung at 3 games now with nobody complaining and it actually starts with...

Oooooo drink beer all day... then goes to smoke weed, but whatever.

Complaining about one chant in that game is beyond stupid. There was nobody doing anything in the first half and it quickly became a joke in 112 that everyone was on speed because EVERY SINGLE CHANT was 3x as fast as it should have been.

How about complaining that the massive and Oh When The Reds were sung about 15 times each during that game?

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 06:59 AM
I understand using it when someone wants to fights us like in Chicago or Montreal but why carry it on to every game? Yesterday there was no reason to chant that.

Oh and one other thing stop pissing off security on purpose!!!! If they say don't swear say o.k than go back to the chants. Don't swear at the security and don't start a chant chanting CUNT CUNT CUNT!!!!

THAT is when you bust out the FU FUC FUCK FUCK YOU! ;)

Bloor West FC
07-16-2008, 07:17 AM
I do agree that everything was 3x faster than normal. Were lost without a drum! Yes the chanting sucked all game but half of 112 and 113 were new or just not interested. I can complain about my section 111 but I never turned my back! Saturday we should be back to normal!

I know nobody complained about the weed chant yet, but I just got a new computer as my last one didn't work. So I took the first chance I got :)

I know exactly where it's starting. It's been sung at 3 games now with nobody complaining and it actually starts with...

Oooooo drink beer all day... then goes to smoke weed, but whatever.

Complaining about one chant in that game is beyond stupid. There was nobody doing anything in the first half and it quickly became a joke in 112 that everyone was on speed because EVERY SINGLE CHANT was 3x as fast as it should have been.

How about complaining that the massive and Oh When The Reds were sung about 15 times each during that game?

Bloor West FC
07-16-2008, 07:19 AM
Why? That just pisses them off even more. MLSINTORONTO (Marc) already said you will get kicked out and he wont help. If you can avoid it than just leave it alone. Why make it worse?

THAT is when you bust out the FU FUC FUCK FUCK YOU! ;)

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 07:29 AM
Why? That just pisses them off even more. MLSINTORONTO (Marc) already said you will get kicked out and he wont help. If you can avoid it than just leave it alone. Why make it worse?

I don't care really. Are they going to kick out 20+ people for singing Fuck you? I highly doubt it. Now, when there's only 2 people doing it like last night.. maybe.

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 07:43 AM
Holy crap guys, lighten up.

How about we complaing about the proper use of This is our House?

PureTFC
07-16-2008, 07:56 AM
i say ship everybody in 117 over to 119 and get the party in 117 started!

We don't want some of those folks from 117!! ha ha.

because, and this is a good point too,

Holy crap guys, lighten up.

How about we complaing about the proper use of This is our House?

That was what those guys were singing when, 1. No shit it's our house sherlock and 2. We are losing 1-nil.

MG42
07-16-2008, 08:08 AM

Changing the time from 24th minute has really screwed this chant, the time should have been left at 24 for eternity :)

blackandwhite
07-16-2008, 08:10 AM
"I Drink Beer All Day" , "I Smoke Weed All Day" are SSJ chants. Feel free to join in :)

Redpunkfiddle
07-16-2008, 08:13 AM
With a pretty quiet crowd and a game lacking in Kool Moves it left the door open for wiseass first timers and bored inebriated regulars to set the tone even near the 110/111 area. Shit tossed within the stands. A real write off, compared with the Pachuca friendly.

With San Jose and Montreal coming up, things will be back on track.

TFC Cityboy
07-16-2008, 08:22 AM
With a pretty quiet crowd and a game lacking in Kool Moves it left the door open for wiseass first timers and bored inebriated regulars to set the tone even near the 110/111 area. Shit tossed within the stands. A real write off, compared with the Pachuca friendly.

With San Jose and Montreal coming up, things will be back on track.
It was piss poor in 115/114 too last night. Too many NEWBIES IN 115 who thought it was fun to just yell YOU SUCK and other such creative chants while spilling their beers thinking they were cool footy wannabe hoolies...meanwhile wtf was going on in 114? 1st 5 rows all sat down ! I felt like getting them a fookin wicker picnic basket and a blanket to sit on....

blackandwhite
07-16-2008, 08:27 AM

WTF??? We can't chant FUCK YOU?? Since when?

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Hey Deniz, let's chant it at each other and see who they throw out first!

blackandwhite
07-16-2008, 08:39 AM
is the a joke?? You really can't say "fuck you???

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 08:41 AM
I think it was meant more in a "verbally abusing security" kind of way.

If we really can't say fuck you, I'm screwed.

Bloor West FC
07-16-2008, 08:44 AM
WTF??? We can't chant FUCK YOU?? Since when?

I didn't say you can't but don't direct it at a security guard's. Its just a respect issue they work in our sections. If we respect them they will learn to chillax!
If you want to swear I mean go for it, I really don't care.

Swearing belongs in sport but toward our own or security!!!!!

Swear all you want.

I am not hear to piss people off, I am just stating

blackandwhite
07-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Security has no right to tell me not to swear... I can chant whatever the fuck i want and if they wanna butt in.. they'll hear from us too. Most of these wanna be cops also do security at Raptors and jays games where they are so used to kicking people out for swearing.

FluSH
07-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Security has no right to tell me not to swear... I can chant whatever the fuck i want and if they wanna butt in.. they'll hear from us too. Most of these wanna be cops also do security at Raptors and jays games where they are so used to kicking people out for swearing.

You're right... however don't be chanting f.u.c.k just for the plain f.u.c.k off it... otherwise you might as well be like the drunk TFC fans you despise just because they wanna party dudeeeeeeeeeee!

Bloor West FC
07-16-2008, 08:54 AM

I know dude. But all I am saying is don't direct it at security!! Yesterday there was one in 112 who was doing just that. I'm just saying if they tell you no swearing, turn around and forget about it. Just ignore them. They wont do anything if your chanting with the crowd!! Yes they are playing cops. So just I dont know. Do whatever.

I swear all the time to players and away crowds when they piss me off, when it comes to security just asking me to not swear I just brush them off like whatever. When police where kicking our flags a few games ago telling us we can't have them 1 foot away from the stands I was pissed and swore, but thats different. They pissed off a bunch of people at once. Security are little girls so just ignore them. :)

Hope everybody is having a great day!!!! Even you Black and White our fearless Chicago leader!!

blackandwhite
07-16-2008, 08:58 AM
You're right... however don't be chanting f.u.c.k just for the plain f.u.c.k off it... otherwise you might as well be like the drunk TFC fans you despise just because they wanna party dudeeeeeeeeeee!

I never chant that for the FUCK off it.. i am sick of WHO ARE YA? chant so I make it a more meaning full F-U F-U-C, F-U-C-K FUCK YOU!

Asking a person who he is doesn't seem too effective to me :)

koryo
07-16-2008, 09:02 AM
I can see why so many people are pissed off with the state of things in 112.

Beyond a few pockets of people who a) are fighting the good fight and b) know what they're doing, last night the majority were just drinking themselves stupid and barely paying attention to the game.

I was told that many regulars weren't in there last night. But seriously, is this the state of things or just an off night?

The beer cup throwing at the end was the icing on the cake too. If getting absolutely bladdered and generally being a fucking idiot is the standard of support these days, then I'll stick with my prawn section.

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Last night was worse (a lot of new faces)- it usually isn't THAT bad, but it could be better.

I've stated my opinion and displeasure on this topic many times, no need to get into it again.

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 09:06 AM
I can see why so many people are pissed off with the state of things in 112.

Beyond a few pockets of people who are fighting the good fight, last night the majority were just drinking themselves stupid and barely paying attention to the game.

I was told that many regulars weren't in there last night. But seriously, is this the state of things or just an off night?

The beer cup throwing at the end was the icing on the cake too. If getting absolutely bladdered and generally being a fucking idiot is the standard of support these days, then I'll stick with my prawn section.

That's what happens when you tell people you can support the team however you want. ;)

IMO being a supporter is supporting your team first and foremost. Not making a quick buck because you can sell your $20 for $120 (not counting people who genuinely couldn't make it). Not getting blasted and worrying more about where the beer guy is then the play on the pitch. Not looking at the top of the south end to find 'ponytail' to start a chant for him.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm sick and tired of the bullshit people consider 'support'.

koryo
07-16-2008, 09:08 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm sick and tired of the bullshit people consider 'support'.

Prior to last night, I didn't understand why you, B&W, Mrs. W etc. are so angry at the way things are going.

I do now.

It's shambolic.

FluSH
07-16-2008, 09:10 AM
I never chant that for the FUCK off it.. i am sick of WHO ARE YA? chant so I make it a more meaning full F-U F-U-C, F-U-C-K FUCK YOU!

Asking a person who he is doesn't seem too effective to me :)

Nooooo... I'm not saying you chant it for the fuck off it... but in your thread you sounded like you were pissed and were going to start to chant whatever the hell you wanted at the wannabe cops - just for the F off it!

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Prior to last night, I didn't understand why you, B&W, Mrs. W etc. are so angry at the way things are going.

I do now.

It's shambolic.

By George He's seen the light!!! :D

werewolf
07-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Friendlies are not accurate examples of our support, too many regulars missing, and we were essentially watching an international reserve game.

Flipityflu
07-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Who cares who is starting it. Just don't continue it and it will die.

its important so we can at least try and get some level of cooperation amoung all the different groups perhaps?

to be honest though, i don't think the current climate allows for cooperation on chants so maybe you are right and i shouldn't give a fuck.

blackandwhite
07-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Nooooo... I'm not saying you chant it for the fuck off it... but in your thread you sounded like you were pissed and were going to start to chant whatever the hell you wanted at the wannabe cops - just for the F off it!

Fucking guy!! what do you got a camera here??? I am gonna come over and kick you just for the fuck off it!! :) Go collect the Canada qualifier money!

FluSH
07-16-2008, 09:20 AM

By the sound of it... it was more than an off-night.... more like a vacation. I cordially invite you to 112 this Saturday (warm-up for Tuesday) or better yet come on Tuesday... =P

I guarantee it will be different.

P.S. I saw you on the tele holding the scarf up proud!

Niall
07-16-2008, 09:49 AM
I found it hard at times to cheer loudly for CSL players I hadn't even heard of, and lots of reserve players.

It seemed at times our players (a few exceptions) didn't care what was going on in the field of play.

I am 100% positive saturday will be better, tuesday is gonna be insanity all game long...

Sparta
07-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Hey Flush you got those new songs from the Chicago road trip? Love to learn them

About the Dichio song -- just thought to keep everyone on track --start it when you actually scored

Still think we need a section with all the chants -- ESPECIALLY THE NEW ONES -- some chants are getting old, over played and boring -- i understand that it is easy to follow -- BUT SUPPORTERS should take the time to learn all chants

I try to learn them -- just dont have the full compliment of songs on hand

Loyal
07-16-2008, 10:49 AM
The guys leading those chants were right behind me in 112. They were so drunk they weren't even facing the field.
I'm sure it was a "one off" effort.

BC101
07-16-2008, 11:11 AM
That's what happens when you tell people you can support the team however you want. ;)

IMO being a supporter is supporting your team first and foremost. Not making a quick buck because you can sell your $20 for $120 (not counting people who genuinely couldn't make it). Not getting blasted and worrying more about where the beer guy is then the play on the pitch. Not looking at the top of the south end to find 'ponytail' to start a chant for him.

Word..... man I hurt my throat trying to be the Shag A Ho and yell at the section during the last forza... Fuck its sore mate... Ah well last night was THE WORST... Even OT makes more noise... When United plays like Derby on a rainy Sunday noon match...

magicfro
07-16-2008, 11:12 AM
I've also noticed a lack of support from the rest of the supporters section or the south end of the stadium altogether. The newbie are killing the atmosphere....i swear i've heard "defense" and "Let's go T.O." on a number of occasions in the past couple of months...and the attempt to start the wave in 219 & 220 last night made me throw up a little in my mouth....

Sparta
07-16-2008, 12:53 PM
screw that -- cant start a wave if your standing already -- it will die before it hits supporters

Jeff s
07-16-2008, 02:10 PM
ya worst game i've been to. Some dumb chants, bad atmosphere and game.

But lately when you take the games like Vancouver, we've been improving imo. LAst night I won't take to seriously, new faces and I don't think anyone (including me) were into the game. I didn't even see the goal, someone told me it was 1-0. I was that bored and not interested.

Now if that was a real game than there would of been cause for concern.

Personally just need a couple new songs. Im sure on Sat the atmosphere will be okay.

And can I add something, whats with everyone coming in late?? Personally I think our sections should be full as soon as the players come on to train. Singing during the warm ups is a good way to pump yourself up. Leaving it till after the anthems, you sometimes don't get the same feeling.

blackandwhite
07-16-2008, 02:12 PM
ya worst game i've been to. Some dumb chants, bad atmosphere and game.

But lately when you take the games like Vancouver, we've been improving imo. LAst night I won't take to seriously, new faces and I don't think anyone (including me) were into the game. I didn't even see the goal, someone told me it was 1-0. I was that bored and not interested.

Now if that was a real game than there would of been cause for concern.

Personally just need a couple new songs. Im sure on Sat the atmosphere will be okay.

And can I add something, whats with everyone coming in late?? Personally I think our sections should be full as soon as the players come on to train. Singing during the warm ups is a good way to pump yourself up. Leaving it till after the anthems, you sometimes don't get the same feeling.

You didnt like the SLB chants??

Batman
07-16-2008, 02:13 PM
I sat over in my sons seat in mid 116 last night. I've never been over there before.

Wow, was it ever a different atmosphere from the bottom of 112.

I'm sure there were a lot of newbies there last night, and it's probably better at league games that matter, but we could really get a chant going at all.

I fully expect this weekend when it matters again, and will likely sell out, the stadium will be rocking again.

Jeff s
07-16-2008, 02:16 PM
You didnt like the SLB chants??

LOL, naw I don't like it, I like Porto's version, cause it speaks the truth.:p

kitchener-TFC
07-16-2008, 02:27 PM
I've also noticed a lack of support from the rest of the supporters section or the south end of the stadium altogether. The newbie are killing the atmosphere....i swear i've heard "defense" and "Let's go T.O." on a number of occasions in the past couple of months...and the attempt to start the wave in 219 & 220 last night made me throw up a little in my mouth....
That's fucking disgusting:eek:.
The Chicago soccer moms were heard chanting "Lets go Fire (clap clap clap clap clap)".
Let's not turn our field/atmosphere into that.

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 03:04 PM
The guys leading those chants were right behind me in 112. They were so drunk they weren't even facing the field.
I'm sure it was a "one off" effort.

Which chants are you talking about? and where were you in 112?

Bloor West FC
07-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Which chants are you talking about? and where were you in 112?

he was most likely in the first 3 or 4 rows.

Shaughno
07-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Oh, so me! :D :D :D

PS. I wasn't drunk, nowhere near it.

For the record I was the one yelling at everyone because I thought they were on speed. I was the one muttering my own lyrics to every sped up song because the support in the first half was beyond dismal. I was the one who kept bringing the chants of Smoke weed all day/drink beer all day, from the top of the section, etc. Don't like it? Too bad.

Oh and one more thing, I was facing ACROSS the south end so that I could both watch the game AND bring chants down from the top of 112.

el rojo fanatico
07-16-2008, 04:06 PM
As bad as this might seem, there was some real moments at the top of 112 that Jay and Deniz and Mike with the SSJ could be the start of the re-birth of the top of 112. Lord knows the Workies and my crew need to get some help.
I have spent the last few games on a scouting trip to the bottom of 112 and found it to be inconsistent, when its on is jumping but Jay and Flush have to pull teeth sometime. If the SSJ stay at the top of 112, it could be the start of the first section in BMO to be a full supporter section

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 04:12 PM
As bad as this might seem, there was some real moments at the top of 112 that Jay and Deniz and Mike with the SSJ could be the start of the re-birth of the top of 112. Lord knows the Workies and my crew need to get some help.
I have spent the last few games on a scouting trip to the bottom of 112 and found it to be inconsistent, when its on is jumping but Jay and Flush have to pull teeth sometime. If the SSJ stay at the top of 112, it could be the start of the first section in BMO to be a full supporter section

I've noticed this as well Ben- when Deniz and Mike and the boys are there, it seems to fill out that dead zone in the middle. Especially since very few people at the bottom actualy turn around.

We need that support in the middle to help move things.

Maple Leaf Red
07-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Good discussion so far but seriously, can we find the people starting the "West Side Stand Up" chants and have their vocal cords cut?

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Yes, Yes we can,

You get the seating chart, I'll get the scissors :D

Kevvv
07-16-2008, 04:23 PM
^ I'll supply the rusty hedge-clippers for you

jayeden
07-16-2008, 04:32 PM

For the record I was the one yelling at everyone because I thought they were on speed. I was the one muttering my own lyrics to every sped up song because the support in the first half was beyond dismal. I was the one who kept bringing the chants of Smoke weed all day/drink beer all day, from the top of the section, etc. Don't like it? Too bad.

Oh and one more thing, I was facing ACROSS the south end so that I could both watch the game AND bring chants down from the top of 112.

shaughno who you kidding, you were hammered :D

Maple Leaf Red
07-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Yes, Yes we can,

You get the seating chart, I'll get the scissors :D

Perfect. I'll have a list ready for Saturday.

jayeden
07-16-2008, 04:33 PM

shuaghno who you kidding, you were hammered

BigTingsGwan
07-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Who the fuck cares about independienteiente... Just bring it on Saturday afternoon..

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Who the fuck cares about independienteiente...

See, that's the attitude that causes these problems. "it's just a friendly, who cares".

Wrong.

Your team is still playing.

You support your team the same way you always do, whether the game "means" anything or not.

alexintoronto
07-16-2008, 08:41 PM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Xsk8IRWBKHE/RsYpw4vjCMI/AAAAAAAAAB0/Ik2aiLgDARc/DSCN1607.JPG

ExiledRed
07-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Is the smoke weed all day one, the one that everybody sings when the other team is dicking around over a free kick?

I thought they were singing...IIIIIIIIIII. I take all day, take all day, take all day, I take all day.

Are they saying toke? or has all the welding without earplugs finally ruined my hearing?

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Is the smoke weed all day one, the one that everybody sings when the other team is dicking around over a free kick?

I thought they were singing...IIIIIIIIIII. I take all day, take all day, take all day, I take all day.

Hrmmm, you may be onto something here.... :D

BigTingsGwan
07-16-2008, 08:49 PM
i dont know...usually i would agree with you Mrs Workie..Cause you are green machine(wink wink nudge nudge)...but the timing of that game, and it being our reserves (which i loved) was all to silly to go mental.. They should not be having these mid seasons that mean nothing.. And thats how i treated the game.:)

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 08:51 PM
i dont know...usually i would agree with you Mrs Workie..Cause you are green machine(wink wink nudge nudge)...but the timing of that game, and it being our reserves (which i loved) was all to silly to go mental.. They should not be having these mid seasons that mean nothing.. And thats how i treated the game.:)

Well then we'll have to agree to disagree :D

And on that note:

GREEN MACHINE GREEN MACHINE GREEN MACHINE....

ExiledRed
07-16-2008, 08:51 PM
See, that's the attitude that causes these problems. "it's just a friendly, who cares".

Wrong.

Your team is still playing.

You support your team the same way you always do, whether the game "means" anything or not.

I'm going to disagree on this.

I dont think every single game needs a cup final atmosphere. Shit, people (myself included) will go on forever about liverpool fans, but sometimes its three o clock on a miserable grey saturday in march, and you're playing wolverhampton wanderers, and it's a boring game, and nobody is in the mood. It happens, it doesn't mean Liverpool fans are fickle, or that they don't know how to bring it.

If every game was the same level of support, the high intensity games would be no more remarkable than the boring pointless ones. Look at the Champions league game atmospheres compared to the saturday EPL matches for the same teams, if you want to see what I mean.

Now Im not saying, if the game is meaningless, dont sing. I'm saying we need to pump it up heavily for 'must win' and playoff type games, but we definitely don't need to exhaust ourselves over games like last night.

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 08:53 PM

I dont think every single game needs a cup final atmosphere. Shit, people (myself included) will go on forever about liverpool fans, but sometimes its three o clock on a miserable grey saturday in march, and you're playing wolverhampton wanderers, and it's a boring game, and nobody is in the mood. It happens, it doesn't mean Liverpool fans are fickle, or that they don't know how to bring it.

If every game was the same level of support, the high intensity games would be no more remarkable than the boring pointless ones. Look at the Champions league game atmospheres compared to the saturday EPL matches for the same teams, if you want to see what I mean.

Now Im not saying, if the game is meaningless, dont sing. I'm saying we need to pump it up heavily for 'must win' and playoff type games, but we definitely don't need to exhaust ourselves over games like last night.

I agree Ian, there are certain games, when you should "bring it" more than usual. But to sit around and do nothing, cuz "the game doesn't mean anything"- that's what I don't agree with.

Jack
07-16-2008, 08:55 PM

It's true. The same intensity just isn't there. You still support them, but when the game means nothing, it doesn't have that do or die feeling that brings out the adrenaline like a meaningful game.

That's just human nature.

Flipityflu
07-16-2008, 08:58 PM
its funny, i thought it was TFC Ole

Mrs. Workie
07-16-2008, 09:07 PM
^^^

There is one that goes like that.