PDA

View Full Version : Let's send a message!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Belfast_Boy
09-28-2012, 08:21 PM
We have two homes games left. We are going to rally together to send TFC a message. We want to be proud of our team, players and organization again.
Join in!
Bring your 2-sticks and signs with your personal message to the club.
There will be a "Make Us Proud' banner.
Bring your paper bags to wear and show that we are embarrassed at how our Toronto FC is being managed.
After each game we will rally at Gate 4 and make our voices heard.

It's time to be the voice in the stands and show our passion for TFC. The team we love. The team we support.

Spread the word to supporters that aren't on the board.

69Chevy396
09-28-2012, 08:58 PM
We have two homes games left. We are going to rally together to send TFC a message. We want to be proud of our team, players and organization again.
Join in!
Bring your 2-sticks and signs with your personal message to the club.
There will be a "Make Us Proud Banner."
Bring your paper bags to wear and show that we are embarrassed at how our Toronto FC is being managed.
After each game we will rally at Gate 4 and make our voices heard.

It's time to be the voice in the stands and show our passion for TFC. The team we love. The team we support.

Spread the word to supporters that aren't on the board.

When walking on the sidewalk you encounter a large mess of dog shit most would rather avoid stepping in it. You want to send a message? Stay at home.

Belfast_Boy
09-28-2012, 09:01 PM
When walking on the sidewalk you encounter a large mess of dog shit most would rather avoid stepping in it. You want to send a message? Stay at home.

but yet you're still here in a TFC forum....
be the change that you want to see in the world. do nothing and the results are nothing.

Parkdale
09-28-2012, 09:08 PM
hhaha... called out by Belfast.

why do people think they can drop their tickets, and send a message to the team by doing so.... but still post on a TFC message board years later?

If you are done supporting the team, then be done with it.

Find something that makes you happy, elsewhere.

I'm still here because TFC is still my team, no matter who screwed up they might be. Times are tough? We're tougher

Parkdale
09-28-2012, 09:15 PM
also, please stop comparing OUR team to dogshit. for real, we KNOW were a shitty side, but we don't need it held under our noses. there's no benefit to that rhetoric.

Yagbod
09-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Please folks, lets not derail this initiative. If you are not into it then please don't participate in the statement or the discussion. No problem.

We need to rally together to make sure the FO knows we still have a voice and that we do not approve of the current management. If your way of doing that is to stay home, not renew or sit on you hands: go for it. We can all show our displeasure in our own way without disrespecting each other.

In fact we hope that there will be a variety of personal initiatives from home made banners and 2-sticks to improvised chants.

We want to have a good time at these last two games, but we want to deliver a message before, during and after the match.

Take that old bed sheet from the closet grab some paint and show them how you feel.

Join us after the match at Gate 4 and tell them how you feel.

It may be that nothing comes of this, but they will know we are there and that we still care.

Parkdale
09-28-2012, 09:24 PM
well said yagbod.

it's a time for people to show they care - that the team means something to them - and that it's bigger than a Saturday's entertainment.

tfcleeds
09-28-2012, 10:30 PM

why do people think they can drop their tickets, and send a message to the team by doing so.... but still post on a TFC message board years later?

I'm still here because TFC is still my team, no matter who screwed up they might be. Times are tough? We're tougher

I will be there on the 20th showing my support for both the team and this initiative - however, could we please avoid this "what constitutes a real supporter" debate that I've seen countless times here and on other forums? I think people are perfectly within their rights to drop their seasons if that is how they want to send this FO a message. Just as people who want to keep attending games in person should be able to. Just because people have chosen not to give MLSE any more of their hard-earned cash doesn't mean they aren't fans of the team or that they'll never be back. I think one of the reasons we've gotten to this point, and one of the reasons we're doing this in the first place is because people are turning away - it shouldn't have come to this, and indeed, wouldn't have, if it hadn't been for the mismanagement of this FO since the beginning.

EDIT: and not to suggest you were starting up that debate, Parky, just the tone of some of your remarks seemed to imply that. But I'll leave it alone.

Yagbod
09-28-2012, 11:01 PM
I will be there on the 20th showing my support for both the team and this initiative - however, could we please avoid this "what constitutes a real supporter" debate that I've seen countless times here and on other forums? I think people are perfectly within their rights to drop their seasons if that is how they want to send this FO a message. Just as people who want to keep attending games in person should be able to. Just because people have chosen not to give MLSE any more of their hard-earned cash doesn't mean they aren't fans of the team or that they'll never be back. I think one of the reasons we've gotten to this point, and one of the reasons we're doing this in the first place is because people are turning away - it shouldn't have come to this, and indeed, wouldn't have, if it hadn't been for the mismanagement of this FO since the beginning.

EDIT: and not to suggest you were starting up that debate, Parky, just the tone of some of your remarks seemed to imply that. But I'll leave it alone.

Great point! We must unite no matter what each person's approach to the matter is.

Show your displeasure however you will at the game and RESPECT each other here and there.

We are all in this together.

#TFCsupportersunited

Frings22
09-28-2012, 11:06 PM
How about we wear all black and no fan apparel? Chanting and clapping is still fine but we would really stand out with black t-shirts or sweaters on.

Belfast_Boy
09-28-2012, 11:17 PM
How about we wear all black and no fan apparel? Chanting and clapping is still fine but we would really stand out with black t-shirts or sweaters on.

thats what i'm doing.

narduch
09-28-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm a little confused here. People are trying to send a message by providing the atmosphere the south end has been missing for most of the year?

I don't get it.

Belfast_Boy
09-28-2012, 11:22 PM
can you imagine what some of the banners and two sticks will say?

narduch
09-28-2012, 11:24 PM
can you imagine what some of the banners and two sticks will say?

Yes. I'm sure they will be good.

Sorry I missed the paper bags in the first post too.

Yagbod
09-28-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm a little confused here. People are trying to send a message by providing the atmosphere the south end has been missing for most of the year?

I don't get it.

I am not sure where you are getting that idea from.

We are trying to promote the idea that people should express themselves however they see fit. Banners, signs, 2-sticks, chants, no chants, clothing, paper bags, etc. We want to make as many points as possible all around the idea that the team management is a shambles.

We're not trying to tell anyone specifically what they should do. Just that they should express their displeasure as they see fit.

Respectfully to each other, but not necessarily to the FO. ;)

Belfast_Boy
09-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Yes. I'm sure they will be good.

Sorry I missed the paper bags in the first post too.

we want all supporters to get together on this. FO gets to hear us say they are fucking this up and we want to be proud of our team again.

AL-MO
09-29-2012, 02:11 AM
Great point! We must unite no matter what each person's approach to the matter is.

Show your displeasure however you will at the game and RESPECT each other here and there.

#TFCsupportersunited

Wouldn't that be nice. Right now, certain people would like to make you think that they want to Unite tfc support and that they want to grow supporters culture. But that's horse shit.

The Mask
09-29-2012, 03:03 AM
I am here for this team. Either on a support team or not the team comes first. Flags, bags, or 2 pole banners arent going to change nothing. MLSE are going to do what they want and as long as the money is coming in, nothing will change. I wave flags every game but after this season the only flag I will wave is a TFC flag. You cant get made at coaches, players or management. We had way too many injuries this season to ever put a full squad out there. We cant blame management for guys getting hurt. Lets just all face that this is a Toronto team and Toronto teams never go anywhere. Its been 6 yrs with no playoff. Boo Hoo. Go have a chat with a true leaf, bluejay or raptor fan and we have nothing YET to complain about.

denime
09-29-2012, 06:36 AM
I am here for this team. Either on a support team or not the team comes first. Flags, bags, or 2 pole banners arent going to change nothing. MLSE are going to do what they want and as long as the money is coming in, nothing will change. I wave flags every game but after this season the only flag I will wave is a TFC flag. You cant get made at coaches, players or management. We had way too many injuries this season to ever put a full squad out there. We cant blame management for guys getting hurt. Lets just all face that this is a Toronto team and Toronto teams never go anywhere. Its been 6 yrs with no playoff. Boo Hoo. Go have a chat with a true leaf, bluejay or raptor fan and we have nothing YET to complain about.

Hey MAsk,WHAT HE SAID!!

Please folks, lets not derail this initiative. If you are not into it then please don't participate in the statement or the discussion. No problem.

We need to rally together to make sure the FO knows we still have a voice and that we do not approve of the current management. If your way of doing that is to stay home, not renew or sit on you hands: go for it. We can all show our displeasure in our own way without disrespecting each other.

In fact we hope that there will be a variety of personal initiatives from home made banners and 2-sticks to improvised chants.

We want to have a good time at these last two games, but we want to deliver a message before, during and after the match.

Take that old bed sheet from the closet grab some paint and show them how you feel.

Join us after the match at Gate 4 and tell them how you feel.

It may be that nothing comes of this, but they will know we are there and that we still care.

denime
09-29-2012, 06:39 AM
Wouldn't that be nice. Right now, certain people would like to make you think that they want to Unite tfc support and that they want to grow supporters culture. But that's horse shit.

Stay on track,AL-MO,let's get some ideas,and designs going!

Gazza
09-29-2012, 07:03 AM
"MLSE The Goose That Killed the Golden Egg"

v00d00daddy
09-29-2012, 07:08 AM

#TFCsupportersunited

I totally agree and I will be making a two stick for the last game of the season.

That being said...

I really wish this would have happened MUCH sooner.

Unfortunately, in the past people who expressed these kinds of feelings were shit on for being bad supporters. Now it's gotten so bad that the only people left to shit on are those who can no longer be bothered to even come to games anymore and that's just not fair.

Anybody still interested in seeing this team succeed should be seen as a supporter. Regardless of whether or not they keep their season tickets.

Our complacency as AN ENTIRE fan base has helped put us in this position. There have been many times in the past where letting the entire FO, team, and anybody watching on tv or in attendance know that we're upset....and instead of rallying together then, we shit on each other.

I'm very glad this happening now. I just hope it isn't a case of too little too late.

bigredone
09-29-2012, 08:17 AM

Your reasoning for TFC stinking is weak. "Toronto teams never go anywhere"....is that it, end of story? Mismanaging players with a bit of rust on them was a fault of our coach. Oh and, if you have 8 hours free I would love to kick some back and complain about the leafs, but please leave 8 hours free.

Do it loud and proud guys!!!! Glad for this initiative and hope to see you there.

TOBOR !
09-29-2012, 08:54 AM
This thread has given me two ideas :

1 : if you know of anyone who is not going to the game in order to make their statement, bring a sheet of paper and tape it to the seat.

SECTION ### ROW ## SEAT ##
THIS SEAT INTENTIONALLY LEFT EMPTY BY TICKET HOLDER AS A SHOW OF GENERAL DISSATISFACTION

2 : With the various displays expected to be present in the stands (even the empty seats), this could be seen as all the fans making their own voices heard. All the fans, not just a SG initiative. ALL.

Then, after the game, everyone moves to gate 4 to form a demonstration. All becomes One.

All for One.

We are the 'All' and the club is the 'One'.

Now, what we want is for them to listen to us. To understand that they represent us... that the One is for All.

Listen to us and get us a capable braintrust.

All for one ? Yes.
One for all ? We'll see.

Belfast_Boy
09-29-2012, 08:55 AM

this has nothing to do with injuries or this season. have a look at the team history or you look like you don't know what you're talking about.
we have a golden opportunity right here. new owners are coming in and we can tell them that their investment is mismanaged. TFC isn't the Leafs. people will not blindly support without progress.
IMO Leaf fans should have been doing things like this years ago.

Belfast_Boy
09-29-2012, 09:03 AM
I totally agree and I will be making a two stick for the last game of the season.

That being said...

I really wish this would have happened MUCH sooner.

Unfortunately, in the past people who expressed these kinds of feelings were shit on for being bad supporters. Now it's gotten so bad that the only people left to shit on are those who can no longer be bothered to even come to games anymore and that's just not fair.

Anybody still interested in seeing this team succeed should be seen as a supporter. Regardless of whether or not they keep their season tickets.

Our complacency as AN ENTIRE fan base has helped put us in this position. There have been many times in the past where letting the entire FO, team, and anybody watching on tv or in attendance know that we're upset....and instead of rallying together then, we shit on each other.

I'm very glad this happening now. I just hope it isn't a case of too little too late.

I'm with ya. I wish it happened year ago too. but it didn't. I also think that this is a great time to be standing up. Rogers and Bell need to know that something is rotten in Denmark.

I really think this can bring all supporters together. we have a common goal. it may have started in RPB's but it can be much larger if we do this right.
Moderates can be happy with Make Us Proud, who doesn't want that?
ooooltras can make their own two stick and show how they feel.

The bottom line has to be unity, we need numbers in the stands and at Gate 4.

London
09-29-2012, 09:05 AM
So the mask is saying we should be mindless sheep and just continue to drink from the kool-aid trough

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27547693.jpg

TorCanSoc
09-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Good point. After six years of this, I think a lot of us are going to relinquish their season seats but will still be posting on the boards. Are we still fans after we drop our seasons? Without season tickets, I probably won't be as active on the boards.

I want to continue to love this team....I probably will. But not as a SSH. I will return one day. Seriously, am I less a fan for not getting seasons? I don't think I am.

denime
09-29-2012, 10:01 AM
WOOOOW ,easy there on reasons and what not.

BACK TO TOPIC!!!:topic:

Belfast_Boy
09-29-2012, 10:16 AM
https://www.google.ca/search?tbm=isch&source=mog&hl=en&gl=ca&client=safari&tab=wi&q=stay%20on%20target&sa=N&biw=320&bih=444#i=0

http://coreyfolo.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/keep-calm-and-stay-on-target.jpg?w=500&h=643

AL-MO
09-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Stay on track,AL-MO,let's get some ideas,and designs going!

I'm all ears. But don't act like your group gives two fucks about what people like me think.

I'll be following belfast_boy's lead. I appreciate his passion and interest in sending a strong message.

Belfast_Boy
09-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Lets stay on target. Lets get this done and go forward. Maybe this can get all groups working in the same direction.

TFC John
09-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Good point. After six years of this, I think a lot of us are going to relinquish their season seats but will still be posting on the boards. Are we still fans after we drop our seasons? Without season tickets, I probably won't be as active on the boards.

I want to continue to love this team....I probably will. But not as a SSH. I will return one day. Seriously, am I less a fan for not getting seasons? I don't think I am.

Being a SSH is not an expression of your dedication to the team. It is a financial decision. Some people find it convenient and economical to hold season tickets and some find it better to buy tickets on a game by game basis. And some people are dedicated TFC fans but are unable to attend games at BMO. Lets not confuse things. You're a fan if you say you're a fan. Your a supporter if you show your support. For a lot of people showing our support has led us to sending a message to the FO. There have been lots of ideas on what form that message should take. Each of us should pick the one we like and go with it. Just don't divide our group by saying my message is better than your message. Respect the motivation even if you disagree with the exact form of expression.

trane
09-29-2012, 03:00 PM

Realy???? This is your team??? Not mine???? You are tough, I am not???? You are a real supporter??? Me, and roogsy, ect. ect. ect are not???? This is why the team is were it is, and why the group has gone down hill. The wrong people are leading the team and the group.

Still I appalud Belfast's effort. And I will be at the stadium for the last game if there is realy a protest. And this is my team parkdale, because it is my city's team but my team is dog shit, and has been for almost day one. Not saying that it is dog shit, does not make it any less dog shit.

trane
09-29-2012, 03:02 PM
By the way staying on the message boards, says I still care, but I do not like what you have been doing, and I will not give you my financial support of your distruction of this team.

Belfast_Boy
09-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Lets not get into pissing contests here. We are all pissed and for the same reason. There is another thread about renewing if u want to talk about that.

We are here to rally together and put aside our differences for one reason.

trane
09-29-2012, 04:21 PM
^ Agreed.

Belfast_Boy
09-29-2012, 04:49 PM
The Holy Trinity of Football.
The Fans
The Players
The Manager

MLSE has a lot of work to do.

Belfast_Boy
09-29-2012, 05:17 PM
We have a week to go. AOne big banner is thankfully under way. Gary you deserve all our thanks.

Now what can the rest of us get away with? anyone with banner and two stick experience please advise on what can get through the gate. Al-Mo and anyone else lets hear from you.

Jeff s
09-29-2012, 05:39 PM
.... I'm 70% done in a "3 stooges" banner for sat..

TOBOR !
09-29-2012, 06:32 PM

That's awesome !

Parkdale
09-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Realy???? This is your team??? Not mine???? You are tough, I am not???? You are a real supporter??? Me, and roogsy, ect. ect. ect are not???? This is why the team is were it is, and why the group has gone down hill. The wrong people are leading the team and the group.

Still I appalud Belfast's effort. And I will be at the stadium for the last game if there is realy a protest. And this is my team parkdale, because it is my city's team but my team is dog shit, and has been for almost day one. Not saying that it is dog shit, does not make it any less dog shit.

I guess my original point wasnt clear, as that's not the way I intended it to be taken.

I just find it surreal that some people can drop their tickets, stop going to games, and yet still have the energy to come to this message board and complain about the team years later. I'm not calling you (trane) or anyone else out on it here, but it boggles my mind how some people really REALLY seem to hate the team, but still can't stop talking about it.

anyway, back on topic, sorry about the tangent

Parkdale
09-29-2012, 08:57 PM
By the way staying on the message boards, says I still care, but I do not like what you have been doing, and I will not give you my financial support of your distruction of this team.

you honestly think that the supporters are responsible for the state of the team? That in addition to suffering for this team, we also have to take the blame for them being bad on the field and lousy in management? Sorry, but I don't buy that for a second. All the talk of "supporters need to hold a team accountable" means absolutely nothing with this club. They are not changing for us, and not because we don't try

Yagbod
09-30-2012, 01:31 AM
We have a week to go. AOne big banner is thankfully under way. Gary you deserve all our thanks.

Now what can the rest of us get away with? anyone with banner and two stick experience please advise on what can get through the gate. Al-Mo and anyone else lets hear from you.

Any flags and banners must go though the south gate, specifically the one on the far left/west side of the southern gates. I have never seen them read a flag or banner but they do pat them down. In the past they used to read them, so I have read.

We will try to bring some half poles for two sticks but try to bring your own. We have very few and they may be spoken for before the game.

Yagbod
09-30-2012, 01:39 AM
I'm all ears. But don't act like your group gives two fucks about what people like me think.

Just know that not everyone in this group thinks that way.

TFC supporters should be united.

London
09-30-2012, 05:00 AM
they will read your 2-stick on occasion, they are more likely to look at them if you don't regularly bring stuff in through gate 3B

if you plan on bringing something that might get confiscated then i suggest you bring that in hidden and attach it in the stands.

I feel they will be trying to calm the storm by collecting as much "questionable" banners and 2-sticks

they wanted us to check the "scissor me timber" 2-stick this season

lobo
10-01-2012, 11:12 AM
BUMP! Let's keep our momentum going ... spread the word!

Chevy
10-01-2012, 01:02 PM

I like this as a banner.

I have been struggling this year to determine what form of "protest" I will make with my six season's seats. Do I just walk away silently? Do I throw a rock through the FO's window? I really don't know what's best.

Belfast_Boy
10-01-2012, 02:07 PM
I like this as a banner.

I have been struggling this year to determine what form of "protest" I will make with my six season's seats. Do I just walk away silently? Do I throw a rock through the FO's window? I really don't know what's best.

i prefer the rock!

I'm still deciding what to write on the banner. Think of...

LAST PLACE!

BROUGHT TO YOU BY

INCOMPETENT MANAGEMENT

maninb
10-01-2012, 02:48 PM

Mariner, Anselmi, and Cochrane??? Classic!!! Hoping to hear a "MARINER OUT" cheer!!!

OgtheDim
10-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Personally I like

The Reign of Error 2007 - ?

Belfast_Boy
10-01-2012, 04:52 PM
There's no better way to start a game day than with a tailgate!

bring your banners, two sticks and signs. can't say it any better than Suds did here..

Sat October 6th @ 10:00 AM – Toronto FC v DC United

It’s our final tailgate of the year! It has been a tough season for all TFC supporters. But why not come out and chill with old friends, meet some new ones, and enjoy some pre-game time together. After all, it’s us fans who will be here after the players, coaches, and FO staff eventually move on.

Let’s put the negative emotions aside for a couple hours and celebrate the fact we supporters are still here through these tough times. Blow off some steam at the TG and do something for us.

Suds
10-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Tailgate details in this thread
http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?32794-RPB-Breakfast-Tailgate-Sat-Oct-6th-starting-10-00-AM&p=1533007#post1533007

trane
10-01-2012, 06:38 PM
you honestly think that the supporters are responsible for the state of the team? That in addition to suffering for this team, we also have to take the blame for them being bad on the field and lousy in management? Sorry, but I don't buy that for a second. All the talk of "supporters need to hold a team accountable" means absolutely nothing with this club. They are not changing for us, and not because we don't try

Well this is the rift between supporters, as you know, many of us feel that we needed to have been more critical earlier, and some like me feel that trying to hit MLSE in the pocket should also have been organized earlier. Again this is the constant line in the sand between two verging views over support.

Yeoman
10-01-2012, 08:47 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg138/scaled.php?server=138&filename=blamecanada.jpg&res=landing

this was just traced onto a two stick. will be painting tommorrow

Ajax TFC
10-01-2012, 09:01 PM
i prefer the rock!

I'm still deciding what to write on the banner. Think of...

LAST PLACE!

BROUGHT TO YOU BY

INCOMPETENT MANAGEMENT
how about
"Top ten in the conference!" - brought to you by incompetent management

bones
10-01-2012, 09:25 PM
how about "6 years of losing with Anselmi, everything else has been changed!"

or

"We need leadership that know's the game, not Anselmi"

Ajax TFC
10-01-2012, 09:40 PM
"We need leadership that know's the game, not Anselmi"
Their response will be "that's why we've promoted Cockrane" or "that's why we brought in Paul Mariner" or something else so mind-blowingly stupid that no one will even know how to respond

cmonyoureds
10-01-2012, 09:48 PM
A two stick with nothing but our record, current and all time, should suffice nicely I think.

Yagbod
10-01-2012, 10:03 PM
A two stick with nothing but our record, current and all time, should suffice nicely I think.

Can I use this idea? I've been stuck for good ideas. That 2-stick should be there.

Belfast_Boy
10-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Ajax, I like that.

or maybe....

WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS MESS?

lobo
10-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Ajax, I like that.

or maybe....

that's good ... hope someone uses that.

Petor
10-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Lol lobo, wooden spoon for avatar! :)

Regarding the wooden spoon trophy, do they present it after the last game of the season or after the game that they clinch it? g:D

narduch
10-02-2012, 09:09 AM

Regarding the wooden spoon trophy, do they present it after the last game of the season or after the game that they clinch it? g:D

Haha. They could clinch as early as Saturday.

This will be TFC's first wooden spoon since 2007.

v00d00daddy
10-02-2012, 09:27 AM
How about:

2007-Last Place-Understandable

2012-Last Place-Unacceptable

tfcleeds
10-02-2012, 10:18 AM
^I like it.

lobo
10-02-2012, 10:38 AM

hehe

http://i45.tinypic.com/2gt9345.jpg

cmonyoureds
10-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Can I use this idea? I've been stuck for good ideas. That 2-stick should be there.

I insist that you do!

Scheduling conflict may see me missing DC, so I'll watch for it on T.V!
If I can rectify my schedule, there will be two. The more the merrier I say.

Belfast_Boy
10-02-2012, 12:05 PM
or

We don't want to give up! Please do something!

Petor
10-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Gah! Just realised that it's Thanksgiving this weekend!
Don't know if I can make this game. :(
Might be a few tumbleweeds on the field.

Belfast_Boy
10-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Gah! Just realised that it's Thanksgiving this weekend!
Don't know if I can make this game. :(
Might be a few tumbleweeds on the field.

we might have a chance at winning!

Belfast_Boy
10-02-2012, 12:56 PM
there's some good ones here for those that haven't seen it.

TIFOs (giant ones and 2-sticks)

"it's not you, it's THEM" (FO and players on opposite sides)
"shit floats" (FO)
"the emperors new clothes" (mariner)
"here before you came; here after you leave"
"relegation bound"
"you're getting no more of my money!"
"TFC FO: We're fed up, get your shit together!"
"We want lower season's ticket prices and a better product on the field"
"$$$ VALUE $$$ ???"
Monopoly Money
"We want responsible, knowledgeable management and fair ticket prices"
Management Quotes
BMO TFC mastercard
"The oldest expansion franchise in MLS history"
UGLY // DISGUSTED // NOT RENEWING // NO VISION // THREE STOOGES // MLSE DISORGANIZATION // WHO NEEDS 4-3-3 // NO JOY // YOU LOST ME // BULL SHIT // A LITTLE TWEAK ??? // FIGHT // EMBARRASSING // SICKENED BY MLSE // SCHOOL YARD QUALITY // AMATEUR HOUR COACHING // PISS POOR // NO FRILLS SUCKS
"2011 New Vision - 2012 No Vision"
"We're just one FO away from being competitive"

Chevy
10-02-2012, 01:17 PM
How about "The Emperor's New Shorts"?

Yagbod
10-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Found this little gem in the Banners planning section. It is a video showing step by step how to make a banner/2-stick/flag. I don't have a projector so I'll be free handing mine.

Could be useful if you have never painted banners before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blNKbyzJpwc

Ajax TFC
10-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Ajax, I like that.

or maybe....

Anselmi's response:
Not Me, I don't play, I don't coach, I don't do any of that stuff, I just hire people.

ForzaTFC
10-03-2012, 10:38 AM
This is from the MLSE.com website in a section "meet the leaders".. Thought it would be worth while to show what the first sentence reads for the page of our President Tom Anselmi: “Winning in sports is everything, but winning means a lot of things. It means caring about our FANS and exciting them with a competitive team they can be proud of.”

I wonder how he feels they are doing in fulfilling this "care" for his fans and the level of excitement they are bringing with this team.

narduch
10-03-2012, 10:42 AM
This is from the MLSE.com website in a section "meet the leaders".. Thought it would be worth while to show what the first sentence reads for the page of our President Tom Anselmi: “Winning in sports is everything, but winning means a lot of things. It means caring about our FANS and exciting them with a competitive team they can be proud of.”

I wonder how he feels they are doing in fulfilling this "care" for his fans and the level of excitement they are bringing with this team.

Anselmi probably didn't even write that. I bet they hired a PR consultant to come up with it.

Its is rather cringe-worthy to read.

Chevy
10-03-2012, 10:46 AM

I see this a different way. Rather than be pinned down by saying "winning is everything", and therefore making himself accountable for the statement, he essentially says "winning is everything, but winning doesn't necessarily mean WINNING, and will be defined in any way I choose in order for me to continue my employment".

This is how guys like Tommy Boy survive. Never go on record saying anything you can be held accountable for, and always leave yourself an out.

Yagbod
10-03-2012, 11:02 AM
I went to the home d'pot yesterday and picked up everything (except for the banner material) that I need to make a banner for about $20-25. Paint, dropsheets, brushes and a paint tray. I am using an old bedsheet (washed, don't worry) for the banner material.

You too can do it. Easy and pretty cheap. Make your statement!!!

Belfast_Boy
10-03-2012, 11:12 AM
agreed Chris

I picked up 6 x 4 of red material. it was $9 and some change.

going to have a sinking boat with TFC on it. underneath the words:

WHO IS THE CAPTAIN?

I wanted something with a serious message that I can have fun with. the GF is an artist and she wanted to paint the boat. gotta keep her happy.

TOBOR !
10-03-2012, 11:31 AM
agreed Chris

I picked up 6 x 4 of red material. it was $9 and some change.

going to have a sinking boat with TFC on it. underneath the words:

WHO IS THE CAPTAIN?

I wanted something with a serious message that I can have fun with. the GF is an artist and she wanted to paint the boat. gotta keep her happy.

... can you put 'Ship of Fools' on it somewhere ?

Belfast_Boy
10-03-2012, 11:41 AM
... can you put 'Ship of Fools' on it somewhere ?

unfortunately it's only 6 x 4. if was the size of the Yoda banner I'd have an iceberg with Anselmi's face on it. the leafs, TFC and Raptors on board.

Belfast_Boy
10-03-2012, 11:42 AM
.... maybe at the top! that might work! thanks for the idea!

Benficachop20
10-03-2012, 02:45 PM
what's the rules on flag poles? does it have to be a certain type or size to be allowed in?

Yagbod
10-03-2012, 03:21 PM
No spear heads or spikes on the end, but otherwise you can bring in just about any kind. :rofl:

Make sure you go through the south gate though. That is the only one we are supposed to use when bringing 'accessories'.

Belfast_Boy
10-03-2012, 03:41 PM
i assume wood or pvc pipe?

Yagbod
10-03-2012, 03:52 PM
i assume wood or pvc pipe?

We usually use PVC. I have never seen wood used, but I have also never seen a rule against it. Good question.

I just checked the BMO field restricted list and they do not differentiate between types of flag poles.

A bit of advice though: Unless the pole is very light doweling, i.e. for a banner or 2-stick I would avoid wood. It is heavy and does not bend much, especially for flag waving.

Yagbod
10-03-2012, 03:56 PM
I just finished tracing my banner for Saturday. I used a meeting room at work and was scared shitless the entire time that someone would show up for an actual meeting.

Time to paint now.

Here is my banner idea:

Win: 45 Tie: 54
Lost: 86
Six Years!
To Blame?

Hopefully I can put it next to a banner about the FO...

Belfast_Boy
10-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Nice Chris, if you get caught tell them you're on a mission from god!

Belfast_Boy
10-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Here it is!

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3066&d=1349325267

Belfast_Boy
10-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Still have to clean it up a bit. couldn't have done it without my GF. and thanks to everyone that offered suggestions.

jloome
10-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Someone should do one that has stencil faces with:

WALL OF FAME - on the left
Dichio, Dero, Danny Koevermans

and

WALL OF SHAME - on the right
Anselmi, Cochrane, Mariner

Belfast_Boy
10-04-2012, 08:56 AM
what are we singing on Saturday?

We never win at home
and we never win away
We lost last week
and we lost today
We don't give a fuck
'Cos we're all pissed up
Toronto FC!
OK

Yagbod
10-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Here it is!

This is awesome, well done!

TOBOR !
10-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Here it is!

that is sweet !

cmonyoureds
10-04-2012, 09:08 AM
That banner is amazing!!!! Well done!!!

Another idea, how about "We asked but Plymouth won't take him back" (as per another thread)

Belfast_Boy
10-04-2012, 09:14 AM
thanks guys. it was fun.

__wowza
10-04-2012, 09:18 AM
here it is!

fantastic!

Suds
10-04-2012, 09:30 AM
^^
Great work, Mark.

I'm going to try and get one done if I can clear a few hours the next couple of evenings.

Belfast_Boy
10-04-2012, 09:45 AM
thanks guys.
someone, who will remain nameless, said I was generous keeping it above water. think it's really sitting on the bottom of the ocean.

bigredone
10-04-2012, 09:52 AM
This thread has made me smile and showed me why I can't give up. You guys are true fans and are definitely holding the life preservers on that sinking ship.

TOBOR !
10-04-2012, 09:59 AM
This thread has made me smile and showed me why I can't give up. You guys are true fans and are definitely holding the life preservers on that sinking ship.

Nice idea.

Supporters turn up wearing Life Preservers

Belfast_Boy
10-04-2012, 10:01 AM
a lot of people don't get it bigred! we are doing this because we still give a shit.

Walms
10-04-2012, 10:37 AM
take a page from of the south park ski instructor

if you try to run a FO with Anselmi
Your gonna have a bad time!

can't be there this weekend, gotta watch it at work...but I've taken my last Holiday days to make sure im there for the Montreal match!r

represent us well boys!

Yagbod
10-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Great article that sums up this movement nicely:

http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/10/4/3448622/toronto-fc-supporter-protest-red-patch-boys-make-us-proud-again

Take action people! Make your voices heard.

The Red Patch Boys are offering a tailgate breakfast starting at 10:00am on Saturday in the East Parking Lot. Set aside the negativity and celebrate that we are still here to do something about it. That and enjoy a sausage, breakfast burrito, coffee or hot chocolate
Create and bring in your own "2-stick" message. Just be sure that you are in a section that approves the use of banners and follow TFC's guidelines (http://bmofield.com/about/a-z-fan-guide/)
Post game - fans are asked to assemble at Gate 4 and make their voices heard.
Any time - let the Front Office know how you feel. While we tend to be critical, they are generally responsive and will return your calls

TFC Cityboy
10-04-2012, 10:49 AM
I doubt I'll have the time to make a 2 stick banner but I do plan to tape 2 big sheets of Bristol board together with "the fish stinks from the head down" or s/th similar on it.
Quick easy and gets the message across.

TOBOR !
10-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Great article that sums up this movement nicely:

http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/10/4/3448622/toronto-fc-supporter-protest-red-patch-boys-make-us-proud-again

Take action people! Make your voices heard.

The Red Patch Boys are offering a tailgate breakfast starting at 10:00am on Saturday in the East Parking Lot. Set aside the negativity and celebrate that we are still here to do something about it. That and enjoy a sausage, breakfast burrito, coffee or hot chocolate
Create and bring in your own "2-stick" message. Just be sure that you are in a section that approves the use of banners and follow TFC's guidelines (http://bmofield.com/about/a-z-fan-guide/)
Post game - fans are asked to assemble at Gate 4 and make their voices heard.
Any time - let the Front Office know how you feel. While we tend to be critical, they are generally responsive and will return your calls

Nothing will illustrate the dysfunction and lack of direction mentioned in the article quite like linking back to this thread.

Sally Mack
10-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Simple one i'll add to the mix...

"WANTED: NEW MGMT"

bigredone
10-04-2012, 11:43 AM
a lot of people don't get it bigred! we are doing this because we still give a shit.

And bless you for it. I have been in such a rut with the team lately to the point I have not even checked the score of games played the day before. Some SSH's I know have just decided to rag on the team and nothing more. When I read the boards I feel inspired and I feel that there is hope. Thanks everyone! Current management this is for you...."all good things come to an end".

jazzy
10-04-2012, 08:02 PM
thanks guys.
someone, who will remain nameless, said I was generous keeping it above water. think it's really sitting on the bottom of the ocean.

great initiative.......hopefully I'll see it..I'm on call....it'll make the day .......a true supporter

Yeoman
10-04-2012, 08:27 PM
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/285140_10151227134521049_2051814923_n.jpg

heck belfast that beats mine that's for sure

jloome
10-04-2012, 08:34 PM
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/285140_10151227134521049_2051814923_n.jpg

heck belfast that beats mine that's for sure

I rather like that, lol

Flint
10-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Very productive thread I like that!
Good work guys!

Belfast_Boy
10-05-2012, 06:49 AM
Awesome Greg. Love it.

TFCAURORA
10-05-2012, 08:00 AM
How about a sign on seats the say "vacant for 2013"

Belfast_Boy
10-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Picked up a few paper bags last night. large LCBO bags are perfect. unless you have a freakishly large melon!

here's an easy step by stop guide to the whole paper bags process.

1 buy booze
2 empty bag
3 drinks some booze
4 turn it inside out
5 have another wee drink
6 cut eye holes
7 decorate as desired
8 drink more booze before putting on head

Yagbod
10-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Picked up a few paper bags last night. large LCBO bags are perfect. unless you have a freakishly large melon!

1 buy booze
2 empty bag
3 drinks some booze
4 turn it inside out
5 have another wee drink
6 cut eye holes
7 decorate as desired

What about hole for more booze? Step 9 could get sloppy.

Ajax TFC
10-05-2012, 10:02 AM

1 buy booze
2 empty bag
3 drinks some booze
4 turn it inside out
5 have another wee drink
6 cut eye holes
7 decorate as desired
perhaps step six should be done before steps three and five. you do want to be able to see out of the eye holes right? :p

quelar
10-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Thought I would let you know that the Moderators over at www.reddit.com/r/tfc have taken note of your message and have done what little we can to support you.

Look forward to seeing you at the game.

Belfast_Boy
10-05-2012, 11:57 AM

Thought I would let you know that the Moderators over at www.reddit.com/r/tfc (http://www.reddit.com/r/tfc) have taken note of your message and have done what little we can to support you.

cool, welcome to the party. come out to the tailgate and hang out prior to the game. it starts at 10.

Canary10
10-05-2012, 12:02 PM
For those of us not in a supporter section, how can this be supported? I heard something about wearing black?

Yagbod
10-05-2012, 12:06 PM

Thought I would let you know that the Moderators over at www.reddit.com/r/tfc (http://www.reddit.com/r/tfc) have taken note of your message and have done what little we can to support you.

You should all click the link. Very cool message. Thanks !!!

Yagbod
10-05-2012, 12:09 PM
For those of us not in a supporter section, how can this be supported? I heard something about wearing black?

Some are wearing black, others paper bags. It's really just however you want to express yourself.

Regardless of your seating area there is also the meet-up by Gate 4 after the match.

Canary10
10-05-2012, 12:24 PM
My silent protest has been to stop wearing anything TFC branded. So I wear Norwich strip these days. Lots of befuddlement from people who don`t recognize it. The odd Simeon Jackson fan does though. Will join up at Gate 4. Thanks for the info.

quelar
10-05-2012, 12:42 PM
No problem at all, without the supporters the team is nothing. I want that atmosphere from year 1 back and I'm willing to try anything!

TOBOR !
10-05-2012, 12:49 PM
My silent protest has been to stop wearing anything TFC branded. So I wear Norwich strip these days. Lots of befuddlement from people who don`t recognize it. The odd Simeon Jackson fan does though. Will join up at Gate 4. Thanks for the info.

I used to have Clive Payne's signature.

I bought an autograph book especially.

He asked me how many times I wanted him to sign it. Thinking it was an odd question, I replied "just once".

I hope I didn't hurt his feelings.

TFC Cityboy
10-05-2012, 01:13 PM
decided on my banner to do today

WELCOME TO THE MUPPET SHOW

gets the message accross I reckon

Belfast_Boy
10-05-2012, 01:36 PM
I haven't been this excited about a game in a long long time!

Lets put some pressure on FO!

get as many friends involved as you can.

We want to be proud again. we want these tossers to run our team properly!

lobo
10-05-2012, 01:50 PM

You could easily slide into the supporter section of your choice, no problem these days.

trane
10-05-2012, 03:01 PM
All we are saying is please sell the club.

__wowza
10-05-2012, 03:02 PM

fuckin fantastic, well done!!

Belfast_Boy
10-05-2012, 03:11 PM

sang to the tune of Give Peace a Chance inside BMO and at Gate 4!

Auzzy
10-05-2012, 04:00 PM

Awesome!

trane
10-05-2012, 04:21 PM

That is exactly what I was thinking.

Flint
10-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Looking at the banners here this morning I just had to throw something together.
"LOVE TFC, HATE ML$E"
Painted and ready for tomorrow.

Belfast_Boy
10-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Good stuff can't wait to see it.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

denime
10-05-2012, 09:43 PM
And another father son project is finished

http://i46.tinypic.com/nh1jb.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/219bfgg.jpg

ensco
10-05-2012, 09:48 PM

Gotta say, that is genius.

Belfast_Boy
10-06-2012, 02:29 AM
And another father son project is finished

http://i46.tinypic.com/nh1jb.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/219bfgg.jpg

love it bro! where'd you get them bags? I'm doing the inside out LBCO bag!

Belfast_Boy
10-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Let's go pick a fight!

DangerRed
10-06-2012, 11:11 AM
My protest will be keeping my money in my wallet today, but to all those going to the game, I wish you guys all the best and hope people take notice. Stay warm and thank you for doing this important thing for our club.

denime
10-06-2012, 03:30 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/25q6ovn.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/ml34lv.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/5jtoo0.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/122jgwi.jpg

brad
10-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Based on what sounds like it went down after this match a great banner would be :

"Mariner - meet me outside gate 4 after the match"

denime
10-06-2012, 05:41 PM
From Toronto Star Game article g:D

http://i.thestar.com/images/23/88/881b3e0443cc8bae0f7deb6d14f8.jpg

TFC Cityboy
10-06-2012, 06:59 PM
I counted maybe 14 of us at gate 4 afterwards. Pretty pathetic considering all those who said they'd be there.
We stood with our banners for 30 mins or so and spoke with Ben Knight, who said the media was well aware of the issues and supportrer discontent...but...really...14 of us??? Internet warriors but not prepared to show up???
sad.

SoccMan
10-06-2012, 07:38 PM
No one cares anymore, like I have always stated from day one, pro soccer in Toronto is not hockey, soccer fans will not come back anymore once they are gone, they had patience for a few years because this was an expansion franchise but not anymore. It's been 6 lousy years and people are gone they don't care anymore. It will be hard even if this team starts winning to get people back, get use to the 8 to 12000 people a game from now on for years to come. I can't see people coming back even if they put some winning seasons together I sadly just don't see it, the days of BMO field being full and noisy are gone probably for good.

Jack
10-06-2012, 07:39 PM
I was at a funeral. It's good some showed up and the banners that got made were done, but to some extent this shows how far the malaise has spread. Those of you who did what you did should be proud. Mostly I just feel numb or neutral, (maybe wistfully sad?) which is far worse for TFC than me being angry.

Nestease
10-06-2012, 07:48 PM
http://thestar.blogs.com/photoblog/2012/10/toronto-fcs-season-in-the-bag.html

http://thestar.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341bf8f353ef017d3c8bf93f970c-640wi
http://thestar.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341bf8f353ef017d3c8bf981970c-pi
http://thestar.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341bf8f353ef017c325d9b90970b-900wi
http://thestar.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341bf8f353ef017ee4014eef970d-580wi
http://thestar.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341bf8f353ef017c325d9da1970b-900wi
http://thestar.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341bf8f353ef017ee401580c970d-550wi
http://thestar.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341bf8f353ef017d3c8c0575970c-pi

Parkdale
10-06-2012, 07:52 PM

http://thestar.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341bf8f353ef017c325d9da1970b-900wi

soft focus.... where I should be.

denime
10-06-2012, 08:01 PM

http://thestar.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341bf8f353ef017d3c8bf93f970c-640wi

Damn it's true, I do look better with the bag on my head. g:D

Davenport
10-06-2012, 08:24 PM
I have no idea........

Davenport
10-06-2012, 08:26 PM
^^^^^ Just noticed the exit !!!!!!
Go for it you waste of skin.

TFC07
10-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Great job with banners and bags :scarf:

mar1960
10-06-2012, 09:32 PM
yeah great job on all banners especially the three stooges well done

Belfast_Boy
10-07-2012, 12:14 AM
No one cares anymore, like I have always stated from day one, pro soccer in Toronto is not hockey, soccer fans will not come back anymore once they are gone, they had patience for a few years because this was an expansion franchise but not anymore. It's been 6 lousy years and people are gone they don't care anymore. It will be hard even if this team starts winning to get people back, get use to the 8 to 12000 people a game from now on for years to come. I can't see people coming back even if they put some winning seasons together I sadly just don't see it, the days of BMO field being full and noisy are gone probably for good.

who the fuck is 'they" ? you might have gave up but do not think that you speak for all of of us.

Belfast_Boy
10-07-2012, 12:18 AM
awesome job boys!

it was a good warm up for the Montreal game.

hear there's 400 coming. lets be there and represent!

it was great meeting the guys behind the posts.

get your shit together, we have two weeks!

this is just the start.

DOMIN8R
10-07-2012, 07:25 AM
I wore a paper bag over my head the whole game in 108. Not easy with the wind, I'll tell ya. A few people came over and asked if they could have their picture taken - I said sure. But the most interesting observation was how many people asked me if I had any more paper bags. About 8 or 9 people asked, in fact. This got me thinking. I should have brought more. I think that this warrants furhter consideration. I don't mind buying and preparing 20 or 30 paper bags for distribution to random fans who ask for them. Imagine what that might look like a few more did the same for our last game.

denime
10-07-2012, 07:36 AM
I wore a paper bag over my head the whole game in 108. Not easy with the wind, I'll tell ya. A few people came over and asked if they could have their picture taken - I said sure. But the most interesting observation was how many people asked me if I had any more paper bags. About 8 or 9 people asked, in fact. This got me thinking. I should have brought more. I think that this warrants furhter consideration. I don't mind buying and preparing 20 or 30 paper bags for distribution to random fans who ask for them. Imagine what that might look like a few more did the same for our last game.

THIS IS SOMETHING WE SHOULD DEFINITELY CONSIDER OF DOING IT.

Having extra bags for fans they want to do it,regardless if they are members or not,is good idea.

Flint
10-07-2012, 08:21 AM
It was great too see how many people contributed. But we can do even better for the Montreal game.
If they are going to have 400 people there our protest must outdo their support!

Redcoe15
10-07-2012, 08:46 AM
http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz74/victor_the_crab/TakeAHint-1.jpg?t=1349617221

Fixed! :thumbsup:

tfcleeds
10-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Great job guys! Looking forward to the 20th to be a part of it - wasn't in Toronto for the match yesterday, unfortunately.

Couple of ideas I have for my paper bag or two stick:

'Please Joey Saputo, buy our club!'

'MLSE + TFC FO = ORGANIZATIONAL FAILURE'

OgtheDim
10-07-2012, 09:04 AM
That Anselmi picture is going to come back over the next few years to be used by Leafs fans.

Torontotonto
10-07-2012, 09:49 AM
The banners and bags were all great.
Not so much the turnout at Gate 4 post game, mabey a dozen of us, which is not very effective in trying to make a statement.
For the last game this message and supporter turnout must be greater.
I also heard yesteday the Le Shitpack travelling support is going to be huge, they want to hit us when were down.
Let's not let that happen.

denime
10-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Not so much the turnout at Gate 4 post game, mabey a dozen of us, which is not very effective in trying to make a statement.
I also heard yesteday the Le Shitpack travelling support is going to be huge, they want to hit us when were down.
Someone suggested to make a banner,"this is all what is left" in case we have 10-15 people.

TFC Cityboy
10-07-2012, 10:01 AM
our mini prorest did at least get some press from an unlikely source-Larsson
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/06/toronto-fc-now-winless-in-12

Of course, my muppet sign was misinterpreted as the players so I have set the record straight in the comments below

All those internet warriors need to step up on the 20th and DO SOMETHING other than type their discontent.

Well done to all who made their statements yesterday.It was noticed.

toronto toronto
10-07-2012, 10:44 AM
We have two weeks to get our shit together! If those goofs are bringing 400 supporters down, we MUST bring it. A huge march would be a good start! Start organizing it with the other groups!

v00d00daddy
10-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Mariner was asked in the post game press conference whether he saw the signs in the south end.

He looked irritated and said "no, I was watching the game".

LOL

His irritated look tells me that he saw them all quite clearly. Good job guy and gals!

I'll be at the Montreal game with my first and last ever two stick. I'm excited.

Torontotonto
10-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Someone suggested to make a banner,"this is all what is left" in case we have 10-15 people.

Not sure what you mean by that quote ?

denime
10-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Not sure what you mean by that quote ?

If you have 20 only people at Gate 4 for protest, banner "we're all that's left" means there are no more fans they give a fcuk about them,no fans no atmosphere,no atmosphere no $$$$ for ML$E.

jazzy
10-07-2012, 05:03 PM
awesome job boys!

it was a good warm up for the Montreal game.

hear there's 400 coming. lets be there and represent!

it was great meeting the guys behind the posts.

get your shit together, we have two weeks!

this is just the start.

well it's nice to see the cream rises to the top,...BBoy.....you are humbly? showing us all how to lead and support...... my hat is off to you and the family banner makers.....my ANGER/apathy at the FO is in dire need of your spirit............I haven't been that much fun to be around nearing game day,...lol

jazzy
10-07-2012, 05:18 PM

the wife and I got their just before games end but noone was there...we were cold and with me on call , we had to leave,..esp after the most boring game....I was lucky to take in the game,...and we actually were only there to support the discontented ....it is hard showing support for your team...yet agreeing with everyone who disses the FO.....so schzoid......I mean Montreal SHOULD laugh at our team...I do,...we don't play our academy youth,,,have basically majority subs who hopefully hate our clown coach and are showing it on the field....Mariner possibly is ruining Morgan's,..Henry's,..Stinson's career.... there was so much anger in our section yesterday...one jughead actually assaulted a fan and got away with it.......hopefully you true fans here,....are somehow rewarded........you deserve it......we'll be there for Montreal hopefully there is no misdirected anger...from either side.

tfc2008
10-07-2012, 05:34 PM
We have two weeks to get our shit together! If those goofs are bringing 400 supporters down, we MUST bring it. A huge march would be a good start! Start organizing it with the other groups!

Problem is not so much people read this,maybe a 50.
i did also give my tickets away because I don't like to see enymore crap.
send a message to the newspaper maybe it help

Masked Man
10-07-2012, 05:36 PM
I have no idea........

Can another picture say anymore about this man than this one? You got to hand it to Tom, he always knows where the backdoor is.

tiberius
10-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Can another picture say anymore about this man than this one? You got to hand it to Tom, he always knows where the backdoor is.

"You men eat your dinner
Eat your pork and beans
I eat more chicken
Than any man ever seen, yeah, yeah

I'm a back door man, wha
The men don't know
But the little girl understand

Well, I'm a back door man
I'm a back door man
Whoa, baby, I'm a back door man "

Backdoor man works, but I think Tom's a killer:

"There's a killer on the road
His brain is squirmin' like a toad
Take a long holiday
Let your children play
If ya give this man a ride
Sweet memory will die
Killer on the road, yeah"

Anselmi Squirmin' brain process: "Let's see who I have lined up in front of the bus: Mariner, then Rongen, then Brennan, then Cochrane, then Danny, then ???? ... shit I better get busy - I only have 5 fall guys lined up - I usually have 7 or 8...."

Belfast_Boy
10-07-2012, 10:01 PM
well it's nice to see the cream rises to the top,...BBoy.....you are humbly? showing us all how to lead and support...... my hat is off to you and the family banner makers.....my ANGER/apathy at the FO is in dire need of your spirit............I haven't been that much fun to be around nearing game day,...lol

thanks Derek. I tried to yell over to you but you didn't hear me.
humbly? nah, i'm not that humble..... lol.
somebody has to do it. too bad we aren't getting any support from people or groups that should be behind it. maybe they will wake up soon.
it's difficult explaining proper support when the people you are talking to don't get it. but in their defense some have only been watching football for a short time and don't know any better.

Yagbod
10-07-2012, 10:47 PM
I haven't weighed in on the 'aftermath' yet. And maybe now is not the time. So more later probably, but...

I am pretty bitterly disappointed with the turn out at Gate 4. So many people (Internet warriors?) had so much to say and so few turned out to back up their words.

I am also disappointed in the TFC reaction to our movement. They snuck out basically.

On the upside:

- TFC seemed genuinely afraid of this movement. The security at the pre-match gates was tight. The security after the match at Gate 4 was heavy.

- I think we showed the 'no-shows' that we are serious and that this can be done. I hope we have more numbers on side and on site for the last game of the season.

Folks: if you are upset show your faces. No revolution was ever won by not showing up.

Cashcleaner
10-08-2012, 02:09 AM
As far as I can see, Saturday was a success for getting the word out to the public.

I watched the game at a bar in Bancroft with my girlfriend and two others, and surprisingly we ran into two other TFC fans as well. These guys were pretty much the type of casual fans that make up most of the club's fanbase and really had no idea about the protest the group had in store prior to kickoff. Anyway, when the banners and paperbags popped up on the screen, everyone definitely took notice and we ended up chatting for quite a while about how the season has been for us. Obviously, this is only two people we're talking about, but the fact is that the airtime this group got and the write-ups and photos in the papers is undoubtedly getting people talking about the state of this club.

I think the message actually got a great deal of exposure where it matters and the people who put in the time and effort should be applauded for their work.

Pookie
10-08-2012, 07:26 AM
I think you see few people at the gate because most have already given up at this point. To me, the small turn out is a strong message, particularly for the FO that wants to reignite the passion.

I can tell you that the story which featured Phil that we ran on Waking the Red (http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/10/4/3448622/toronto-fc-supporter-protest-red-patch-boys-make-us-proud-again ) attracted views into the thousands with hits coming from all over, including Portland and BC. Retweets and Facebook likes were strong and each message I received either via twitter or email was positive and expressed that this call to action represented their views.

I would not be discouraged in the least. I would encourage all of us to ensure that this tag line is front and center in holding all stakeholders accountable.

toronto toronto
10-08-2012, 08:39 AM
Someone should start a FB event (Make Us Proud Again) to get things started and the word out there. There should be no reason why we can not get at least a few hundred people to protest/march before the game considering we have two weeks to go!

Belfast_Boy
10-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Someone should start a FB event (Make Us Proud Again) to get things started and the word out there. There should be no reason why we can not get at least a few hundred people to protest/march before the game considering we have two weeks to go!

Great idea.

https://www.facebook.com/events/236866806442051/?context=create

Yohan
10-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Some Revs supporters and their boycott

http://revsboycott.blogspot.ca/2012/10/letter-to-jonathan-kraft.html#more

Belfast_Boy
10-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Some Revs supporters and their boycott

http://revsboycott.blogspot.ca/2012/10/letter-to-jonathan-kraft.html#more

wow they want some interesting things. from firing the manager to buses. seems a bit much.

TFC Cityboy
10-08-2012, 10:42 AM
This op-ed piece by Ben Knight could be useful in our campaign...
I was thinking of tweeting it to all media types (reed/jmo/kj/sharman/girard etc)..if loads of us do likewise it may get some traction...
Ideas? Should this go in its seperate thread?
Cheers

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?3813-The-only-crime-is-to-be-surprised (http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?3813-The-only-crime-is-to-be-surprised)

Belfast_Boy
10-08-2012, 10:46 AM
This op-ed piece by Ben Knight could be useful in our campaign...
I was thinking of tweeting it to all media types (reed/jmo/kj/sharman/girard etc)..if loads of us do likewise it may get some traction...
Ideas? Should this go in its seperate thread?
Cheers

(http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?3813-The-only-crime-is-to-be-surprised)http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?3813-The-only-crime-is-to-be-surprised

sounds good. tweet the shit out of it. I don't use twitter so i'm no help there.

gomesv
10-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Not that its any of my business, but I find it odd that the leaders that be in (RPB) are eerily silent on this protest thing......is it being discussed in private or is this an example of the group being more fractured than I thought. Just wondering because I think you guys are missing the one and probably last opportunity to send a message. I think the guys leading this protest are defenitely headed in the right direction but a little support from their brethren is sadly missing....just my observations take it for whats its worth.

all above with exception of DENIME, seems to be the only one on board

denime
10-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Not that its any of my business, but I find it odd that the leaders that be in (RPB) are eerily silent on this protest thing......is it being discussed in private or is this an example of the group being more fractured than I thought. Just wondering because I think you guys are missing the one and probably last opportunity to send a message. I think the guys leading this protest are defenitely headed in the right direction but a little support from their brethren is sadly missing....just my observations take it for whats its worth.

Before this thread was open,we had discussion,ideas and vote on this whole action in members area,where execs had their input,they don't have to that here in public forum.Just because few people took on themselves to push this trough,it does not mean execs are not doing their part,contacting media,coordinating and so on.

gomesv
10-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Before this thread was open,we had discussion,ideas and vote on this whole action in members area,where execs had their input,they don't have to that here in public forum.Just because few people took on themselves to push this trough,it does not mean execs are not doing their part,contacting media,coordinating and so on.

Look at my post above my edit came in just before your post (LOL) I think you have been vocal and a leader in this area I just hope you guys grab this opportunity and speak for those of us who only have one voice, lucky for me I still have my wallet to protest with.....thanks for your efforts, I know you are all doing this because you care, which makes it worse somehow.

Oldtimer
10-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Anselmi actually looks concerned in the "exit" picture ... who knows, he may actually do something about the club, not that he knows beans all about what he's doing.

lobo
10-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Anselmi actually looks concerned in the "exit" picture ... who knows, he may actually do something about the club, not that he knows beans all about what he's doing.

naw, he's just bored

Macksam
10-08-2012, 01:20 PM
who the fuck is 'they" ? you might have gave up but do not think that you speak for all of of us.

Yeah, Soccman can't say that with any certainty considering there is no evidence indicating that would be the case. When Toronto FC has a winning season, and still continues to draw poorly, he may have a point. However, that hasn't happened yet.

Beach_Red
10-08-2012, 01:50 PM

It would be interesting to know how much flexibility he actually has - and how much of a budget he has to work with. When it came to firing Winter he said he needed board approval - that was before Bogers took over, so does he still need board approval for that kind of decision? Does he have the budget to pay out Mariner's salary and to hire another set of execs to run the team?

Redcoe15
10-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Problably thinking up new ways to milk out the Leafs and Raptors, now that he's landed his long sought after, and undeserved, title of COO at ML$E.

Torontotonto
10-08-2012, 02:17 PM
If you have 20 only people at Gate 4 for protest, banner "we're all that's left" means there are no more fans they give a fcuk about them,no fans no atmosphere,no atmosphere no $$$$ for ML$E.

Got it Denime.
Great idea for a banner, would have appropriate at our mini protest!!!
Wish more would have participated

Torontotonto
10-08-2012, 02:23 PM
sounds good. tweet the shit out of it. I don't use twitter so i'm no help there.

Yes agreed, this is our last kick at the can.
Le Shitpack are coming with both barrels loaded.
We need to make this huge to show our support for the club and our disappointment with MLSE at the same time.

Phil
10-09-2012, 08:01 AM

all above with exception of DENIME, seems to be the only one on board

Well, considering the amount that we have discussed this with the membership I can understand you making this point.

There was a large banner placed behind the net which is a pretty strong signal of unity from the group. Everything else comes from peoples desires and ambition which is always a strong message.

We also had some great coverage here last week:

Belfast_Boy
10-09-2012, 08:28 AM
anyone have a connection or know where we can get paper bags? I brought about 8 extras and they went quickly.

it's up to us to move this forward. I've started this event on Facebook. get on it please, share it, spread the word. we want as many people as possible at Gate 4.

It's also Montreal! We all want to "welcome" them back after their last visit.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/236866806442051/

Red Rat
10-09-2012, 09:10 AM
I ate too much, drunk too much.
I ate too much, drunk too much.
I ate too much. drunk too much.
now I feel like shit.

is this the page for AA?

craz11
10-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Lets throw waffles on the pitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGx7TqdQNC4

Just think, if enough people do it it would be just like Dichio's first goal! Only with waffles!

Belfast_Boy
10-10-2012, 08:14 AM
The group is growning on facebook. there's 26 confirmed and another 10 maybe's. almost 60 left to reply.
Lets keep this going.
I've been talking to a lot of guys that have left different groups over the years. They are very interested in what we are doing here.
Share the link, get the message out. It would be nice if RPB would email members and let them know that they are behind this.

TFC Cityboy
10-10-2012, 08:40 AM
The group is growning on facebook. there's 26 confirmed and another 10 maybe's. almost 60 left to reply.
Lets keep this going.
I've been talking to a lot of guys that have left different groups over the years. They are very interested in what we are doing here.
Share the link, get the message out. It would be nice if RPB would email members and let them know that they are behind this.

Now...if ALL those who confirm, show up......

I expected 50 or so at least on saturday, but counted 14 of us. We got our message in the media to a small extent with that small group, but we could get way more traction with 100 or so.

A big banner in 112 with GATE 4 AFTER MATCH would reach many who are pissed off but unaware of supporter action

Belfast_Boy
10-10-2012, 08:54 AM
I was hoping for more too, but it's still more than came out for the last tailgate and a lot of them weren't interested in the group's Make us Proud movement.

good idea about the banner. anyone interested in putting this together?

ForeverTFC
10-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Can anyone make this a 2-stick? My expertise are not high in this area ...

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/28125600.jpg

lobo
10-10-2012, 11:10 AM
anyone have a connection or know where we can get paper bags? I brought about 8 extras and they went quickly.

found this ... http://www.retailbag.com/paperbags/grocerybags.html

$30 - $40 for 500 bags depending on size

Retail Bag Company 416-504-0280 Showroom: 2700 Dufferin Street, Unit # 30

500 bags, cheap ... maybe someone can go to the showroom and try on a few bags, get the right size, cause those LCBO bags did not work well for me, i had to rip a strip off the bottom and then tie it down with my scarf lol ... perhaps they could even punch/drill out eye holes for us ... anyways, i'd chip in some $$ if needed to get a bulk of bags that we could hand out

imagine 500 heads in paper bags

Red Rat
10-10-2012, 11:27 AM

hey that looks like parkdale!!!
sort of

TFC Cityboy
10-10-2012, 11:54 AM
found this ... http://www.retailbag.com/paperbags/grocerybags.html

$30 - $40 for 500 bags depending on size

Retail Bag Company 416-504-0280 Showroom: 2700 Dufferin Street, Unit # 30

500 bags, cheap ... maybe someone can go to the showroom and try on a few bags, get the right size, cause those LCBO bags did not work well for me, i had to rip a strip off the bottom and then tie it down with my scarf lol ... perhaps they could even punch/drill out eye holes for us ... anyways, i'd chip in some $$ if needed to get a bulk of bags that we could hand out

imagine 500 heads in paper bags

Need me to bring my car keys again to drill the holes,Lobo?

Yagbod
10-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Can anyone make this a 2-stick? My expertise are not high in this area ...

I'll do it.

GATE 4 AFTER MATCH

ForeverTFC
10-10-2012, 12:21 PM
I'll do it.

GATE 4 AFTER MATCH

YOU my friend - are the man

lobo
10-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Need me to bring my car keys again to drill the holes,Lobo?

yes, absolutely ... but please sharpen your keys this time, they were rather dull ... rough cuts, eh! lol.

found a guy on kijiji here in london offering 500 paper grocery bags for $20, i'll grab them if he still has them available

and I will have my two stick ready for next game.

Torontotonto
10-10-2012, 12:38 PM
I'll do it.

GATE 4 AFTER MATCH

Good man !!!

Belfast_Boy
10-10-2012, 12:48 PM
I'll do it.

GATE 4 AFTER MATCH

Right on Chris!

Yagbod
10-10-2012, 02:02 PM
I may have misspoken there. That giant meme was not on my screen. I thought you were talking about the GATE 4 AFTER MATCH idea. I'll do that one. I don't have a projector to do the big meme. Sorry about that.

Belfast_Boy
10-10-2012, 02:10 PM
I may have misspoken there. That giant meme was not on my screen. I thought you were talking about the GATE 4 AFTER MATCH idea. I'll do that one. I don't have a projector to do the big meme. Sorry about that.

come on Chris! you can free hand that!
no worries, I thought you meant the Gate 4 banner. think we need that more.

tfcleeds
10-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Since it's the Impact, maybe a garbage bag TIFO with "MLSE and TFC FO: LOL" would be in order.

BFin
10-10-2012, 02:53 PM
There was a protest?

Belfast_Boy
10-10-2012, 03:00 PM
There was a protest?

go back to page 5 of this thread. last week was the warm up.

Belfast_Boy
10-11-2012, 08:15 AM
morninng guys.

here's where we are today.

A couple of guys are sourcing bags. we'll try to get them in bulk so there's enough for everyone. but still bring your own! large LCBO bags work fine.

The protest at Gate 4 banner will be made.

The FB group is growing all the time. we're over 30 already.

Sally Mack
10-11-2012, 01:23 PM
If there was ever a better time/place for us to send a message...

Enjoy the final home match of the 2012 MLS Season on October 20th at 1:30 p.m. as Toronto FC takes on their Highway 401 rivals, the Montreal Impact. Tensions are sure to be high as the Impact visit BMO Field with strong travelling support, looking to win the rubber match of their regular season derby. Let's show them they can't come into OUR HOUSE and do what they wish.
This match is presented by Kia and the first 8,500 fans through the gates will receive a free Toronto FC toque courtesy of Kia and one lucky TFC fan will walk away with the customized TFC Kia Optima at halftime.

After the October 20th 'Home Finale' from 4:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. the 90th Minute Party returns at Gossip Restaurant just steps from BMO Field. Join Toronto FC players and coaching staff for light appetizers and team presentation. We will also have a MLSE Team Up Foundation Silent Auction full of authentic items like a team signed jersey, Stefan Frei designed guitar, and the Ball Kid experience package for the 2013 Home Opener.
Only 500 fans will have the opportunity to join the team at this event and we want you, our Season Seat Holders, to have the chance to sign up before we officially announce the event next week.

narduch
10-11-2012, 01:26 PM
After the October 20th 'Home Finale' from 4:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. the 90th Minute Party returns at Gossip Restaurant just steps from BMO Field. Join Toronto FC players and coaching staff for light appetizers and team presentation. We will also have a MLSE Team Up Foundation Silent Auction full of authentic items like a team signed jersey, Stefan Frei designed guitar, and the Ball Kid experience package for the 2013 Home Opener.
Only 500 fans will have the opportunity to join the team at this event and we want you, our Season Seat Holders, to have the chance to sign up before we officially announce the event next week.

Is there a dress code for this? Will they let me in if I'm wearing shorts?

toronto toronto
10-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Has anyone extended the invite or made U-SECTOR aware?

narduch
10-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Not sure... I imagine it's not cheap to sign up for this event... But who the hell was planning on going anyways? I say we park out front and make sure they hear us.

I think the event is free. You use to have to pay for it.

But I wonder if they can even get 500 fans to attend this.

Belfast_Boy
10-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Has anyone extended the invite or made U-SECTOR aware?

aware of the protest?

Not sure... I imagine it's not cheap to sign up for this event... But who the hell was planning on going anyways? I say we park out front and make sure they hear us.

free to sign up. it's a short walk away. maybe we'll stroll over....

toronto toronto
10-11-2012, 01:53 PM
aware of the protest?

free to sign up. it's a short walk away. maybe we'll stroll over....

I was hoping to see more then 35 people by this point, however still over a week to go....

Belfast_Boy
10-11-2012, 02:10 PM
I was hoping to see more then 35 people by this point, however still over a week to go....

we're all that's left. either they don't care or don't agree.

I haven't approached U-Sector. but will.

Yohan
10-11-2012, 02:30 PM
we're all that's left. either they don't care or don't agree.

I haven't approached U-Sector. but will.
wear a flame suit

Belfast_Boy
10-11-2012, 02:34 PM
wear a flame suit

funny you should say that. I'm wearing one now!

posted in U sector. the invitation is there if they want it.

tfcleeds
10-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Based on what I've read on their site, I don't think many U-Sector members will be all that interested. But no harm in trying, I guess.

Belfast_Boy
10-11-2012, 02:46 PM
while I was on U's page I found this beauty!

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2012/10/empty-seats-paper-bags/

cmonyoureds
10-11-2012, 03:04 PM

Enjoy the final home match of the 2012 MLS Season on October 20th at 1:30 p.m. as Toronto FC takes on their Highway 401 rivals, the Montreal Impact. Tensions are sure to be high as the Impact visit BMO Field with strong travelling support, looking to win the rubber match of their regular season derby. Let's show them they can't come into OUR HOUSE and do what they wish.
This match is presented by Kia and the first 8,500 fans through the gates will receive a free Toronto FC toque courtesy of Kia and one lucky TFC fan will walk away with the customized TFC Kia Optima at halftime.

Point 1: As of 90 mins + stoppage for a great many people, it will in fact become YOUR house, not OUR house.
Point 2: Hmmmm what about hundreds of fans outside refusing to come in unless that team presentation includes a pink slip to the three stooges?

Belfast_Boy
10-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Send a message you say.... so i did. found a Tom Anselmi in Toronto on FB. hope it was the right guy....

Hi Tom

My name is Mark. I'm one of the guys in the southend making noise about TFC.
there's a very easy solution to this. It'll make all your headaches go away.
Please hire a competent director of football. someone familiar with this league and the game.
You'll bring the fans back. we will stop protesting and best of all for you, MLSE will make more money.
You will be a hero all around.
it's not rocket surgery.

Yours sincerly
Mark

Kyle_121
10-11-2012, 03:55 PM

I signed up, including a +1 just to eat up 2 of the spots though I have no intention of going to this pathetic party.

jabbronies
10-11-2012, 04:07 PM
I doubt it's the right guy. I don't think someone like him would be on facebook

Send a message you say.... so i did. found a Tom Anselmi in Toronto on FB. hope it was the right guy....

Hi Tom

Please hire a competent director of football. someone familiar with this league and the game.
You'll bring the fans back. we will stop protesting and best of all for you, MLSE will make more money.
it's not rocket surgery.

Yours sincerly
Mark

Belfast_Boy
10-11-2012, 04:14 PM
I doubt it's the right guy. I don't think someone like him would be on facebook

come on Ravi! let me have my fun for a bit.

but you never know... I know a lot of heavy hitting lawyers that are on it for business. the account had no info and no pic. I'll let you know if he replies.

speaking of replies..... just went to check on the U's........ I don't think they are interested. I'm afraid they might come and hit me with their pompoms next game.

i take back my pompoms comment they just support differently. each to their own.

TOBOR !
10-11-2012, 06:18 PM
I wonder what they'll do with all the extra toques.

London
10-11-2012, 06:26 PM
they will hit you with perogies it seems??

Phil
10-11-2012, 06:50 PM

Hi Tom

it's not rocket surgery.

Yours sincerly
Mark

Classic, LOL

Belfast_Boy
10-11-2012, 07:07 PM
they will hit you with perogies it seems??

yeah...

thought that was funny considering the picture in the paper was taken at the bottom of 113 with the bag on. nobody offfered us a perogies or threw them.

tfcleeds
10-11-2012, 09:50 PM
come on Ravi! let me have my fun for a bit.

but you never know... I know a lot of heavy hitting lawyers that are on it for business. the account had no info and no pic. I'll let you know if he replies.

speaking of replies..... just went to check on the U's........ I don't think they are interested. I'm afraid they might come and hit me with their pompoms next game.

i take back my pompoms comment they just support differently. each to their own.

Seems a lot of them are content with the status quo, or just being cheerleaders. But to each, their own.

Code Red
10-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Hey guys,

I've been taking a hiatus from the boards, more for personal reasons than the state of the club, and decided to chime in on this ongoing protest. My personal opinion... it's about time, we, the supporters, made our voice heard. While the process of conducting a protest is a sensitive topic to some, I think there is enough support from individuals who have seen enough over the past six years to send a clear statement. At no point will every supporter jump onboard a protest, but those that do are not doing so out of hatred for the club/players but for their desire to see their club/players succeed in the league.

Having said that, I was part of the protest last weekend and will definitely be taking part in the upcoming one as well. This time, I plan to make and bring a two-stick along to the game with the message being in the works.

Mark, I want to personally thank you for taking the lead on this initiative. It's far too easy to sit back and do nothing, pass this season on as just another horrible year for our beloved club, but that would accomplish nothing. It is with banners, paper bags, words and our wallets (boycotting concessions) that we end up making the boldest statement with.

Finally, I just want to add that having the march take place from Shoeless Joe's to BMO Field will get this protest noticed in a BIG WAY. Banners and two-sticks tend to stand out most when part of a large group therefore we should strive to have as many supporters marching as possible along with as many banners/two-sticks that we can possibly carry.

Also, can we arrange to carry the "MAKE US PROUD AGAIN!" banner at the FRONT of the group while marching? It's a great message and will blend in perfectly with the rest of the banners/two-sticks.

See you all on the 20th!

:flare::scarf: :flare:

denime
10-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Seems a lot of them are content with the status quo, or just being cheerleaders. But to each, their own.

It seems that we are taking the same road too,unfortunately.

tfcleeds
10-11-2012, 10:31 PM

Well, I'd like to think the contributors in this thread aren't who you're referring to. Some fans maybe, certainly. But not all. I'm tired of having our club being the whipping boys of MLS because of an incompetent management. Certainly that's what this protest is all about. And not to crap all over fellow TFC supporters, but there seem to be some in other supporters groups who think it's moronic to express our discontent after 6 seasons of failure. Well, I think it's moronic to spend another dime to fill the coffers of an organization who just don't seem to give a shit whether this club is successful on the pitch or not.

Belfast_Boy
10-11-2012, 10:40 PM

I think it's changing. Have a look in the members section bro.
We are moving in the right direction.
Cheerleaders gonna cheer.
The rest of us of us will fight for our team.

Yagbod
10-11-2012, 10:57 PM
There are so many 'post of the year' posts in this thread. It makes me proud as a supporter to see these well thought out opinions.

We have to do this.

This is a grassroots movement that will be filled with the true believers. The Internet warriors and bandwagon fans will not have the courage to do this. Making a statement for the sake of making a statement. To make ourselves heard. Because we still care.

CommradePolski
10-12-2012, 10:38 AM
For the 20th. I will be dressing up as Mariner and doing my best impression of him from the stands in 116. Shorts et all. That will be my protest. Just to show how ridiculous some of the things hes said sound.

Belfast_Boy
10-12-2012, 12:26 PM
For the 20th. I will be dressing up as Mariner and doing my best impression of him from the stands in 116. Shorts et all. That will be my protest. Just to show how ridiculous some of the things hes said sound.

cool, whatever works!

come out to Joes before hand for the march. Gate 4 afterwards then walk over to Gossip to say hello!

The FB group is growing. we're almost at 40.

CommradePolski
10-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Depending on how early I leave KW I should be able to make it to Joes.

Belfast_Boy
10-12-2012, 02:26 PM
was going to keep this quiet but on second thought here it is.

i've registered for the 90th minute party. i'm going to go in and hope Tom is there. would like to have a word with him.

think we should hit Gate 4 as planned then Gossip in full force. having Tom at the party is like having this guy on the Death Star before we blow it up!

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110425223659/deadliestfiction/images/e/e7/The_emperor.jpg

tfcleeds
10-12-2012, 02:42 PM
^There's actually a bit of a resemblance too, if you look closely...haha.

phonzo
10-12-2012, 02:45 PM
soooo a party full of casual fans just enjoying the opportunity (including kids) you want to go in and "crash"? What would you say to Tom? Tell him to fuck off - cause he's going to care if he hears that? Are you going to propose positive solutions?

It's easy to get riled up about things but it's a lot harder to be riled up and propose a viable solution one that can be bought into. I haven't seen a strong focus in many of these threads on that (a viable one not burn MLSE to the ground...)

phonzo
10-12-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm not trying to shit on any of this believe me - but I just don't find a common enough thread in between people that a common message is that clear. Not to mention some people just love shitting on anything :)

Belfast_Boy
10-12-2012, 02:56 PM
soooo a party full of casual fans just enjoying the opportunity (including kids) you want to go in and "crash"? What would you say to Tom? Tell him to fuck off - cause he's going to care if he hears that? Are you going to propose positive solutions?

It's easy to get riled up about things but it's a lot harder to be riled up and propose a viable solution one that can be bought into. I haven't seen a strong focus in many of these threads on that (a viable one not burn MLSE to the ground...)

as a seasons ticket holder I was invited to the 90th minute party. the party is to meet the team and staff. I'm an adult I'm not going to rant and rave and call him names. If you behave like that when you have an issue with someone that's your deal. I'm simply going to have a conversation. why are you so afraid of that?