PDA

View Full Version : Can you feel it, who is making it down to NY next Saturday night to support the Reds

Red CB Toronto
09-21-2012, 09:52 PM
I am catching a flight down to New York next Saturday to show my ongoing support for Reds, the 11 men who take the field each week. I am hoping more than a few people are making the trip down, as New York is a great place to spend a weekend, especially when TFC is playing at Red Bull Arena.

I know a lot of people are down right now with the ongoing talk of MLSE, season seat renewals, protests etc, but to me my passion has not wavered and I hope some others like me will join me in supporting the Reds when it matters most, I mean at the end of the day, my main focus is on the lads who wear the badge.

And The Reds Go Marching In !!!

09-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Going to San Salvador on Monday for the exact same reason.

COYR!!!!!!!!!!

prizby
09-22-2012, 04:58 PM
saving my money for an away game that matters; its just too damn expensive to travel for hopeless games

TOBOR !
09-23-2012, 12:27 AM
I had to check the date of this thread to see if someone hadn't just bumped an old one.

09-23-2012, 12:30 PM
I had to check the date of this thread to see if someone hadn't just bumped an old one.

Hahaha. Nice one :)

ManUtd4ever
09-23-2012, 12:43 PM

My thoughts exactly.

DangerRed
09-23-2012, 05:10 PM
I am catching a flight down to New York next Saturday to show my ongoing support for Reds, the 11 men who take the field each week. I am hoping more than a few people are making the trip down, as New York is a great place to spend a weekend, especially when TFC is playing at Red Bull Arena.

I know a lot of people are down right now with the ongoing talk of MLSE, season seat renewals, protests etc, but to me my passion has not wavered and I hope some others like me will join me in supporting the Reds when it matters most, I mean at the end of the day, my main focus is on the lads who wear the badge.

And The Reds Go Marching In !!!

Gonna be a lonely march for you, I think...

Alonso
09-24-2012, 09:49 PM
CBlake, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but what are you talking about when you say "can you feel it"

If you mean the vibe the team is giving off then I don't know how this can be construed as a good thing.

Red CB Toronto
09-24-2012, 10:47 PM
CBlake, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but what are you talking about when you say "can you feel it"

If you mean the vibe the team is giving off then I don't know how this can be construed as a good thing.

I am always positive when it comes to attending TFC games at home and on the road and Saturday night at Red Bull Arena will not be any different for me.

TOBOR !
09-25-2012, 09:51 AM
here's a song you may want to belt out while you're down there.

ShN8UIk5-mw

... when the chips are down, I'll be around
with my undying, death-defying love for you...

best of luck

narduch
09-25-2012, 09:53 AM
This thread makes me sad because its another reminder of how the FO killed the support for this club.

Don't be surprised if in a few years all the supporter's will be shoved into one section at BMO Field.

bigredone
09-25-2012, 10:04 AM
I am always positive when it comes to attending TFC games at home and on the road and Saturday night at Red Bull Arena will not be any different for me.

Very admirable!

Canary_canuck
09-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Your optimism is charming, but, sadly, not contagious. The club ( as opposed to the players ) does not merit such loyalty. I salute you.

bigredone
09-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Your optimism is charming, but, sadly, not contagious. The club ( as opposed to the players ) does not merit such loyalty. I salute you.

I think I caught it, but my immune system is low since euro 2012 (Dutch fan) and DeRo injury.

tfcleeds
09-25-2012, 10:10 AM
All the more power to you CBlake, but I have a feeling the football game you're going to in Philly the following day will be the highlight of this trip. Have fun!

Fort York Redcoat
09-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Don't be surprised if in a few years all the supporter's will be shoved into one section at BMO Field.

Ridiculous conjecture.

Good for you, C. I see there are a few of you going down. I'm sure it'll be a fun trip even if the footy happens to disappoint.

narduch
09-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Ridiculous conjecture.

What's so ridiculous about that?

People are already sitting down in the supporter's sections.

If this continues they will make all but a handful of sections standing sections.

Don't put your head in the sand and pretend nothing is happening.

Fort York Redcoat
09-25-2012, 10:39 AM
What's so ridiculous about that?

People are already sitting down in the supporter's sections.

If this continues they will make all but a handful of sections standing sections.

Don't put your head in the sand and pretend nothing is happening.

Don't tell me my head's in the sand.

My point is that it's ridiculous to say they will put us all in one section if we don't number enough. If that wasn't your meaning then I stand corrected.

narduch
09-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Don't tell me my head's in the sand.

My point is that it's ridiculous to say they will put us all in one section if we don't number enough. If that wasn't your meaning then I stand corrected.

Maybe not one section. But I could see the standing sections being reduced to 111-113. And if it gets worse, sure even less.

Red CB Toronto
09-25-2012, 10:43 AM
All the more power to you CBlake, but I have a feeling the football game you're going to in Philly the following day will be the highlight of this trip. Have fun!

I am pretty sure of that too, as in Philly vs. the biggest rival the Giants, I am in the box as a guest of the Eagles, which will include dinner in ther dinning room, a little highbrow but fun none the less.

But hey in the six years of the Reds, I have been to eight league games on the road, and it was the eighth that I finally witnessed a victory, their 3-0 victory at Montreal in June and I still look forward to it every time, thus Saturday will be no different. On a final note in general who would ever shy away from a Saturday night in midtown Manhattan.

GlenM
09-25-2012, 11:03 AM
CBLAKE = ROAD WARRIOR

Good stuff man.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAA

GlenM

Suds
09-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Sure as hell wish I was spending the weekend in NYC!

Have a great time, CBlake!

AL-MO
09-25-2012, 12:31 PM
This thread makes me sad because its another reminder of how the FO killed the support for this club.

I didn't see any 'Supporter' sections anywhere in the stadium at the last game.

narduch
09-25-2012, 12:33 PM
I didn't see any 'Supporter' sections anywhere in the stadium at the last game.

LOL.

That was kind of my point.

I could see the club having a lot less sections that allows, standing, flags, etc.

Fort York Redcoat
09-25-2012, 12:57 PM
There are other places to complain about the state of our stadium. This is about a road trip. Please bring the convo back on topic.

Thanks.

Red CB Toronto
09-25-2012, 01:01 PM
There are other places to complain about the state of our stadium. This is about a road trip. Please bring the convo back on topic.

Thanks.

I agree, it always seems there is at least one person who figures out a away of turning just about any thread into one about the future of TFC support, good or bad, I started this as a positive one regarding heading down to NYC.

mastermixer
09-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Red Bull Stadium is gorgeous, NYRB are a great team, and NYC is one of the greatest cities in the world. Whoever is going enjoy the trip!

Auzzy
09-25-2012, 02:20 PM
New York is always worth a trip, enjoy!

Who knows, maybe it's the Red Bull's time to lose 5-0 to a last-place team. g:D

Alonso
09-25-2012, 03:54 PM
All the power to you CBlake. I'm definitely jaded with regards to the ownership of all my beloved Toronto teams. As it has been mentioned already how can you go wrong with a trip NYC?

Enjoy it, and I look forward to seeing the TFC supporter contingent on the tv!

james
09-28-2012, 02:48 PM
NY does have an awsome stadium and is a great city. But i could not fork out more money for a pointless game. We have done so bad i think my spirit is broken. I hope one day we can bounce back and get big away travelling numbers again, but i can tell you this game will not be one of them.

London
09-30-2012, 06:49 AM
i wonder how last night felt for Cblake???

Suds
09-30-2012, 08:09 AM
I hope all the fans that went had a great time despite the score line.

I'm planning to do the trip to NYC for an away game at some point.

Joe Kool
09-30-2012, 09:39 AM
I did that trip back in 2008 and let's just say I am glad the city was a lot of fun that weekend cause the result also sucked. Would have been nice for both. I haven't done a road trip since then. Waiting for more confidence that they can win on the road before I make the effort. Isn't it amazing it is 2012 and I am still waiting...

tfcleeds
09-30-2012, 09:41 AM
i wonder how last night felt for Cblake???

I'm sure any pain will be dulled by him tailgating in Philly before the Giants-Eagles. For me, that would have been the main event anyway.

Red CB Toronto
09-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Yes, last night was disappointing, even scoring the first goal so early I kind of hand the feeling it would not end well. I have to give the RPNY front office for selling out the game despite playing a last place team. The Croation Heritage Night theme made it interesting. But hey by 9:45 ish I was back in midtown Manhattan enjoying a great meal and a few cold ones, what a great city

Just checked into my hotel in Philly, looking forward to Vick vs. Manning.

Fort York Redcoat
10-01-2012, 06:56 AM
Good on ya C. Hope to be there next season.