PDA

View Full Version : Sound familiar?

tovan
09-19-2012, 02:59 PM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/article/1258758--maple-leafs-l-affaire-allaire-turns-vicious-cox

Ajax TFC
09-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Don't read too much into this. It seems pretty clear to me that Allaire wasn't doing a good job coaching the goalies and from the sounds of it he was being a huge dick about it. I think the coaching staff had every right to confront him about his methods, they clearly weren't working. He can't bitch about people cramping his style when he was doing a bad job to start with. The NHL made new rules regarding goalie equipment and Allaire failed to adapt the way he makes his goalies play. I don't feel bad for him at all, and I also don't think that this is a case of MLSE incompetence.

Also I don't think Burke has to worry about this. Allaire is a fucking goalie coach who failed to coach the goalies properly. Getting rid of him was 110% the right thing to do and the MLSE board should hold nothing against Burke because of it. Also Burke's the President of TML so he has nothing to worry about for that reason as well

The best the Leafs can hope for now is that the season is delayed long enough by labour woes to make fans and media forget L’Affaire Allaire.
This line is a joke. How many Leafs fans actually give a shit that Allaire was unhappy when he left? I'm more worried about the quality of the team than I am about an unhappy goalie coach who's pissed off because he was fired for being shit. This whole thing is overblown and not a big deal (or maybe it is a big deal; when was the last time someone in this organization who was under-performing was actually let go in time?)

This comment on the article does a good job summarizing how I feel about this:

Allaire had too high an opinion of himself and how important he is. he fought with everybody including the goalies. He was a cancer in the organization. Burke stood up for him in public to save face but Allaire did not appreciate that. When Allaire tried to hang the Leafs Burke shot back and rightfully so. If you are gighting with everybody then something is wrong with you. Allaire is out of touch

trane
09-19-2012, 04:42 PM
^ Yes, by would a manager for MLSE, who came in promising people to make the playoffs, and win the Stanley cup, having failed to do either in over five years, have to fear for his job. After all this is MLSE and winning is not everything, in fact winning is not a top 10 goal.

leafsman
09-19-2012, 04:47 PM
I wanted Allaire fired at the end of the season as goaltending has been poor for a few seasons hes been here and its time hes held responsible for that. And refusing to listen to the head coaches requests is BS, dont know if this is the case in hockey but i'd assume other coaches report to the head coach but should be like that anyway.

I wish someone on the TFC side would interfere and tell Mariner he is an idiot for playing guys out of position, and play them where they should.

ensco
09-19-2012, 06:39 PM
There is one element that is an MLSE hallmark.

Wilson going directly to the goalies was a big problem? What other team has a reporting structure like that, where an assistant controls the head coach's access to his players?

Ajax TFC
09-19-2012, 08:07 PM
There is one element that is an MLSE hallmark.

Wilson going directly to the goalies was a big problem? What other team has a reporting structure like that, where an assistant controls the head coach's access to his players?
I think the problem was that he actually had to go to the goalies. Allaire should have respected the head coach's wishes.

narduch
09-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Allaire is the Leafs equivalent of Paul Winsper.