PDA

View Full Version : PRE/IN/POST GAME TFC in LA_ Sep. 22 ,10:30PM - TSN

Pages : [1] 2

denime
09-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Hall said that last game tie feels like a loss,I think getting a tie in LA will feel like winning World Cup.

Roster,who F$#*ing knows anymore?

Result 2-0 LAG

Fort York Redcoat
09-17-2012, 10:47 AM
This game will be after the Durham RPB Tourney. We metrolitists will need consultations on how to watch outside Hogtown.

__wowza
09-17-2012, 10:52 AM
ROSTER:
everyone will be played out of position, hall gets the start over kocic, our third DP doesn't start (for the rest of the season) due to injury and we won't have anyone on the bench because mariner doesn't feel like making any subs.

RESULT:
it doesn't matter because even if we tie, LA will still feel like they needlessly dropped 2 points against the worst team in the league who trashed their asses last season in the champions league.

narduch
09-17-2012, 10:56 AM
LA is on a 3-game winning streak (and have been pretty hot the last few months) and needs to keep getting points to avoid the 4 v 5 playoff game.

LA is the 2nd highest scoring team in the league.

This game could get ugly. It could be the game that actually gets Mariner fired.

kcdolish
09-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Mariner will start Patrick Roy in net and TFC lose 12-1. Dunfield gets the lone goal.

ryan
09-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Mariner will start Patrick Roy in net and TFC lose 12-1. Dunfield gets the lone goal.

Mariner Postgame: That was the best 90 minutes I've ever seen us play.

jloome
09-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Mariner Postgame: That was the best 90 minutes I've ever seen us play.

And he's really proud of how the lads rallied after that 9th goal to score one for us.

Pookie
09-17-2012, 11:47 AM
And he's really proud of how the lads rallied after that 9th goal to score one for us.

Mariner: Hassli wasn't asking for a sub in the 70th minute, he was simply making the "steamroller" sign to let me know that he is a warrior willing to battle through everything. You know, "Steamroll" the opposition. That knock he took shortly thereafter that forced him from the game was bad luck and pure coincidence. He WANTED to be out there.

Cochrane: We are about 12-18 players away from being able to contend for a playoff spot. Not saying we can win it, just saying you get in and anything can happen.

Anselmi: It's a cycle? We had no infrastructure? ummm... our fans are the best fans in the modern era?

Oldtimer
09-17-2012, 12:19 PM
TSN's promo for MLS this week really says it all.

For Montreal and Vancouver they talk about Bernier's hot streak and battling for playoff spots.

For Toronto, it's all about how they will be facing "the bad boys of MLS" in LA, including Beckham. Not a word about Toronto's team, coach, or players.
What could you say about Mariner's Toronto team that would want anybody want to watch them? LA is the only attraction in that match.

Oldtimer
09-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Mariner: Hassli wasn't asking for a sub in the 70th minute, he was simply making the "steamroller" sign to let me know that he is a warrior willing to battle through everything. You know, "Steamroll" the opposition. That knock he took shortly thereafter that forced him from the game was bad luck and pure coincidence. He WANTED to be out there.

Cochrane: We are about 12-18 players away from being able to contend for a playoff spot. Not saying we can win it, just saying you get in and anything can happen.

Anselmi: It's a cycle? We had no infrastructure? ummm... our fans are the best fans in the modern era?

De Vos: Mariner is the type of leader to bring this team together. Can I be TFC's president?

narduch
09-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Haha. Good stuff here.

We need to add the following:

Anselmi: "We have to get this right, for the fans"

Cochrane: "We want to finish in the top 10 of the conference".

ag futbol
09-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Fans: "We are short a coach, a team president, and any sense of hope"

ag futbol
09-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Result 2-0 LAG
Yikes. I have watched LA lately and along with maybe New York and Seattle, they are playing at an entirely different level from the rest of the league.

They move the ball incredibly well and they have all kinds of weapons. If they don't take us lightly (which a lot of teams are) it will be an absolute slaughter.

iy12l
09-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Hall said that last game tie feels like a loss,I think getting a tie in LA will feel like winning World Cup.

Roster,who F$#*ing knows anymore?

Result 2-0 LAG

I can smell the line-up...

-------------F. Hall---------------
----J. Hall-Ecks-O'Dea-Emory----
-Lambe---Dunce-Maund---Weide-
---------Silva-Amarikwa-----------

Their fifa rating would probably be...

---------60---------
----58-61-69-60----
-65---56-51---55---
-------70-62--------

Subs: Nobody

Joe Kool
09-17-2012, 12:46 PM
I can smell the line-up...

-------------F. Hall---------------
----J. Hall-Ecks-O'Dea-Emory----
-Lambe---Dunce-Maund---Weide-
---------Silva-Amarikwa-----------

Their fifa rating would probably be...

---------60---------
----58-61-69-60----
-65---56-51---55---
-------70-62--------

Subs: Nobody

Morgan will be back and in the lineup. I think we will see Kocic again and Johnson instead of Amerikwa.

TOBOR !
09-17-2012, 02:24 PM
I feel compelled to slow down and gawk at this at the side of the road.

I bet Keane will be having a laugh at O'Dea's expense.

Quote from this game : "the lads are playing for jobs"

Initial B
09-17-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm guessing 3-0 for LA. LA will be looking for payback for the CCL result and TFC will be disheartened and jet-lagged. Silva is our only goal scoring threat assuming Hassli is out with injury and the above line-up is used, it will get pretty bad.

That said, watch Mariner choose the right players for once and LA rests starters figuring an easy win and watch TFC win 2-1. :P

tfcleeds
09-17-2012, 03:47 PM
This isn't the same LA we played at the beginning of the season. Nor are we the same team that started the season. Prediction: 3-1 LA.

Suds
09-17-2012, 03:51 PM
I have no reasoning behind the feeling, but I think we are going to win this game 2-1 and shock the hell out of everyone.

And no, I have not been drinking today. g:D

ryan
09-17-2012, 04:03 PM
I have no reasoning behind the feeling, but I think we are going to win this game 2-1 and shock the hell out of everyone.

And no, I have not been drinking today. g:D

You might want to just say you've been drinking, don't want to end up in a straight jacket.

Ajax TFC
09-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Hall

Hall - Eckersley - O'dea - Emory
Silva - Maund - Dunfield - Johnson
Weideman - Amarikwa

Mariner - My game plan was flawless!!!! It's not my fault these random fucks can't follow it!!

nonc
09-17-2012, 07:23 PM
28.5% possession OVER/UNDER

this is our unreal reality.

ouderwien
09-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Just think, we started the season by playing LA.

This season needs to end.

Dave67
09-17-2012, 08:49 PM
I predict a quote from Tom... 'We have the best fans in the league and I know they will renew because they love this team. The losses are on me. I accept Visa and Mastercard.'

Oldtimer
09-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Just think, we started the season by playing LA.

This season needs to end.

Well put. It's like a nightmare that goes on and on, and you just want it to end.

SirBobSaget
09-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Over with 33% possession!!! Because LA will take a 2-0 lead and chill out.

final 3-0.

tiberius
09-17-2012, 11:33 PM

Mariner Post Game: We talked in practice about how we must win. I don't understand what part those idiots don't understand. When I was a boy in England, we always put the ball in the chunnel. If not in the chunell, we hid it in the loo... why the hell does the other team always have the ball - I told the boys to hide the ball in the chunnell.

I told them in pratice that we must win... Damn that Frings, Silva, De Ro, Kouverman, De Guzman, Hassli - they are the reason we didn't win today! If these boyos don"t smarten up, I will trade them to a last-place team and let them burn in the heat”

maninb
09-18-2012, 06:28 AM
Mariner: I yelled over to my good mate Becks after he put them up 4-0...I said "Hey Becks can you believe I'm coaching these bunch of idiots?....That being said I believe Terry Dunfield is the greatest footballer EVER produced by Canada....If he was Bermudan he'd already be my TFC "Captain for Life".

Derko
09-18-2012, 07:57 AM
That's because the L.A. New York and Seattle actually have some structure and players whom aren't thrown under the bus at every presser, for Fuck Sake, not that I have anything aginst Fuck.

ag futbol
09-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Looks like we're catching a bit of a break in that LA plays PRI mid week. Shouldn't be too tough of a game for them and they've left Donovan and Keane at home.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/news/article/2012/09/18/ccl-galaxy-leave-beckham-keane-out-puerto-rico-trip

Brooker
09-19-2012, 12:13 PM
^ So we only lose 1-0. :)

Auzzy
09-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Dan Dunleavy tweeted today:

At #TFC (https://twitter.com/search/?q=%23TFC&src=hash) practice today, coach Mariner told us Eric Hassli was headed for an MRI today. #TFC (https://twitter.com/search/?q=%23TFC&src=hash) at Galaxy Sat on #sportsnet590 (https://twitter.com/search/?q=%23sportsnet590&src=hash) The FAN.

Not sure what the MRI is for. Whatever made him limp off from the Philly game? The recent bruised ribs? The previous ankle injury?

Otherwise, no comment... although this gives me lots to think about.

Suds
09-19-2012, 06:17 PM
^^
Not sure what it could be for. MRI could be just to confirm if there is ligament damage or not. May have tweaked something and they may be concerned he's still feeling discomfort.

spe18
09-19-2012, 06:42 PM
^^
Not sure what it could be for. MRI could be just to confirm if there is ligament damage or not. May have tweaked something and they may be concerned he's still feeling discomfort.

Apparently so:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/09/19/hasslis-status-uncertain-tfcs-upcoming-matches

nfitz
09-19-2012, 07:26 PM
So we have 3 DPs on the injured list. Has that EVER happened before for an MLS team?

Wull
09-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Being at the CCL quarter finals there seems like a lifetime ago now :cryin:

narduch
09-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Dan Dunleavy tweeted today:

Not sure what the MRI is for. Whatever made him limp off from the Philly game? The recent bruised ribs? The previous ankle injury?

Otherwise, no comment... although this gives me lots to think about.

I predict this injury is so bad they decide to decline his option. So we will essentially have traded our 2014 first rounder for a 2-month rental that didn't even help to improve results.

Greatest Ripoff
09-20-2012, 11:54 AM
I predict this injury is so bad they decide to decline his option. So we will essentially have traded our 2014 first rounder for a 2-month rental that didn't even help to improve results.

It should be more worrisome that even if it did improve TFC's results it still would have not been enough to salvage the season. Finishing this season with an extra 21 points (7 more wins) wouldn't have gotten this team into the playoffs and would have resulted in a worse draft pick. So what was the point of the Hassli trade? To help sell season tickets for next year? To make Mariner look better? All at the expense of the future?

Ajax TFC
09-20-2012, 12:53 PM
It should be more worrisome that even if it did improve TFC's results it still would have not been enough to salvage the season. Finishing this season with an extra 21 points (7 more wins) wouldn't have gotten this team into the playoffs and would have resulted in a worse draft pick. So what was the point of the Hassli trade? To help sell season tickets for next year? To make Mariner look better? All at the expense of the future?
expect more of this as Mariner burns every card he possibly can to try and squeak into the playoffs to avoid getting fired

jloome
09-20-2012, 02:29 PM
To get us to the next round of the CCL. Bit moot now

Oldtimer
09-20-2012, 03:50 PM
expect more of this as Mariner burns every card he possibly can to try and squeak into the playoffs to avoid getting fired

Exactly. Several years' future will be mortgaged so that Mariner can squeak into the playoffs next year. Not that it will make any difference next year, Mariner will not likely succeed despite doing all that he can.

The problem is, the next coach will be hamstrung by Mariner's dealing away the future. Then will that coach be fired in turn because they won't be able to assemble a winning team with no draft picks and no allocation $$$?

nonc
09-20-2012, 04:25 PM
As much as I hate Mariner, the 1st rounder for Hassli is being blown out of proportion everywhere I read. He could be around for another whole year. Not having a 3rd or 4th overall NCAA player (or whatever) does not ruin our future or put the next coach in a bad position. Far and away the biggest key to first-team progress is getting free-agency and scouting right.

Beach_Red
09-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Exactly. Several years' future will be mortgaged so that Mariner can squeak into the playoffs next year. Not that it will make any difference next year, Mariner will not likely succeed despite doing all that he can.

The problem is, the next coach will be hamstrung by Mariner's dealing away the future. Then will that coach be fired in turn because they won't be able to assemble a winning team with no draft picks and no allocation $$$?

Yes, it will be interesting to see who the next coach is. Anyone familiar with MLS, and with what TFC is doing, will certainly want a long-term, guaranteed contract. TFC won't want to give that kind of contract so they'll probably get someone just happy to have a job.

Ajax TFC
09-20-2012, 05:47 PM
As much as I hate Mariner, the 1st rounder for Hassli is being blown out of proportion everywhere I read. He could be around for another whole year. Not having a 3rd or 4th overall NCAA player (or whatever) does not ruin our future or put the next coach in a bad position. Far and away the biggest key to first-team progress is getting free-agency and scouting right.
Well lets compare the Hassli to other DP trades. JPA was traded to Chivas for a third round pick in the supplemental draft. Freddie Ljungberg was traded for a conditional pick. JDG was traded for Andrew Weideman.

Pint
09-20-2012, 08:57 PM
a tweet from milos: Good luck boys to LA and El Salvador! I wish I was there with you! Forza TFC

Who are our goaltenders now, and why is Milos not traveling with them?

Suds
09-20-2012, 09:07 PM
^^
If this is the case then I guess Hall will start and Roberts travels as back-up.

nfitz
09-21-2012, 12:35 AM
Who are our goaltenders now, and why is Milos not traveling with them?With 3 children in hospital, I don't think it's a big surprise that he's not about to spend a week on the road. It's not like he is essential, or even the favourite keeper these days.

denime
09-21-2012, 05:44 AM
With 3 children in hospital, I don't think it's a big surprise that he's not about to spend a week on the road. It's not like he is essential, or even the favourite keeper these days.

It's not 3 kids in the hospital,it's contact negotiation time for Milos,and we all know how TFC handles the players they are in contract dispute.Plus Milos being outspoken as he is,I would not be surprised if he told them what he thinks about whole TFC situation.

Fort York Redcoat
09-21-2012, 06:39 AM
With 3 children in hospital, I don't think it's a big surprise that he's not about to spend a week on the road. It's not like he is essential, or even the favourite keeper these days.

Correction: It's not like he's Mariner's favourite keeper...

Don't know how you feel about it but Kocic has the starting job till he leaves for me. This sitting him for Hall is completely disrespectful of the bangup backup he's been for Frei.

__wowza
09-21-2012, 09:07 AM
I predict this injury is so bad they decide to decline his option. So we will essentially have traded our 2014 first rounder for a 2-month rental that didn't even help to improve results enough to sell seasons tickets for next year.

FYP g:D

nfitz
09-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Correction: It's not like he's Mariner's favourite keeper...

Don't know how you feel about it but Kocic has the starting job till he leaves for me. This sitting him for Hall is completely disrespectful of the bangup backup he's been for Frei.Yes ... not Mariner's favourite keeper. That's what I meant in relation to team selection.

Personally - there's only one Greg Sutton.

narduch
09-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Freddy Hall is a pub league keeper.

Plus he looks out of shape (guys got a belly).

One of TFC's worst signings ever.

trane
09-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Can we seriously just blow the whole fucking thing up, and start from scratch. At this point none of this shit matters, we need to blow everything up and start all over, or there it will be the same not only next season but for the next five years, one game has no more significance.

Fort York Redcoat
09-21-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't see a blow up happening this weekend. Maybe a change after renewal rates come out.

69Chevy396
09-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Can we seriously just blow the whole fucking thing up, and start from scratch. At this point none of this shit matters, we need to blow everything up and start all over, or there it will be the same not only next season but for the next five years, one game has no more significance.

This team is so terrible MLSE could go with a starting lineup consisting of Leaf players, who are apparently doing nothing much these days.

denime
09-22-2012, 07:25 PM

If we don't b;ow up the whole TFC FO with Mariner,Brennan and all other ass-kissers,not only that we will not make playoffs in 2013,we will be fucked for 2104/15 too.By the time Morons at ML$E realize Mariner and Cochrane over their heads,2012 will be lost and than another new coach will have to start from scratch mid next year,since there will be no use from roster Mariner will leave after him,we will be" top 10 in our conference" once again.

Ajax TFC
09-22-2012, 07:41 PM
we will be" top 10 in our conference" once again.
What if MLS expands?

Shakes McQueen
09-22-2012, 07:55 PM
It's not 3 kids in the hospital,it's contact negotiation time for Milos,and we all know how TFC handles the players they are in contract dispute.Plus Milos being outspoken as he is,I would not be surprised if he told them what he thinks about whole TFC situation.

Any evidence or information stating this is the case in this specific instance?

- Scott

denime
09-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Any evidence or information stating this is the case in this specific instance?

- Scott

Kids are not in hospital 100% and we all know his contract ends this year,are they negotiating new one,yes,dispute not 100% sure,Kocic not happy with whole season,you can bet on that.

Why exactly Kocic is not in LA and going to CCL game? Who fuc*^ng know,Mariner has show us in his short coaching history that everything is possible.

Shakes McQueen
09-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Yes he's in a contract year, and yes I'm sure he's unhappy with how the season has gone - I don't think anyone in the entire organization is exactly glad they are terrible, even if they are reponsible for it.

But in the absence of... anything... I don't know if it's productive to assume he's being left behind in an efort to play hardball on his next contract. His tweet, as lame as it is for "evidence", doesn't really seem like a guy who is being left out of the lineup against his will. It may really just be family issues or something.

- Scott

Auzzy
09-22-2012, 08:44 PM
#TorontoFC (https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23TorontoFC) XI: F. Hall; J. Hall, Eckersley, O'Dea, Emory; Wiedeman, Maund, Dunfield, Morgan; Silva, Johnson .. #TFCLive (https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23TFCLive)

#TorontoFC substitutes: Roberts; Williams, Cann, Henry, Lambe, Avila, Amarikwa .. #TFCLive

With the season done, I'm glad the Academy grads are finally getting a chance to prove themselves, like Henry, Stinson, Cordon, and Makubuya. Henry as starting CB will allow Ecks to move back to his natural position at RB where he is much better, and push J. Hall to the bench where he belongs. It will also be good for Henry to partner with an experience CB like O'Dea, that will help him learn & grow. With Stinson in DM, that pushes Maund out of that position where he has been awful -- must really have sapped his confidence as a rookie.

Well, actually... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

ouderwien
09-22-2012, 08:49 PM
so Morgan is in Midfield, and Avila and Lambe are on the bench.

This lineup certaintly has my confidence.

ouderwien
09-22-2012, 08:49 PM
And I really have no idea where the academy guys will end up, certaintly not in the US as they count as an international.

DaBandit
09-22-2012, 08:58 PM
#TorontoFC (https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23TorontoFC) XI: F. Hall; J. Hall, Eckersley, O'Dea, Emory; Wiedeman, Maund, Dunfield, Morgan; Silva, Johnson .. #TFCLive (https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23TFCLive)

#TorontoFC substitutes: Roberts; Williams, Cann, Henry, Lambe, Avila, Amarikwa .. #TFCLive

With the season done, I'm glad the Academy grads are finally getting a chance to prove themselves, like Henry, Stinson, Cordon, and Makubuya. Henry as starting CB will allow Ecks to move back to his natural position at RB where he is much better, and push J. Hall to the bench where he belongs. It will also be good for Henry to partner with an experience CB like O'Dea, that will help him learn & grow. With Stinson in DM, that pushes Maund out of that position where he has been awful -- must really have sapped his confidence as a rookie.

another star studded lineup.. So why did they resign Henry if they aren't planning on playing him?? I would go on and on about this and point out what a complete moron mariner is, but i think I have expressed myself enough in the past as to what I think of him.. Oh in case anyone missed it, he's the worst coach we have ever had, complete garbage.. Sadly it's one of those nights where I want my team to lose, congrats ML$E..

Initial B
09-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Mariner really doesn't like the Academy, does he? The only homegrown player in the lineup is playing out of position - perhaps Mariner is setting Morgan up to fail so he can sell him off and bring in his type of player.

On second thought, perhaps he's playing Weiderman and Morgan wide so they can use their speed up the wings on attack. Still, if most of the LAG starting XI take the field, I don't see how they can win this game. I'm still saying 3-0 LA, with 2 goals in the last 20 minutes of play.

KGH
09-22-2012, 09:02 PM
another star studded lineup.. So why did they resign Henry if they aren't planning on playing him?? I would go on and on about this and point out what a complete moron mariner is, but i think I have expressed myself enough in the past as to what I think of him.. Oh in case anyone missed it, he's the worst coach we have ever had, complete garbage.. Sadly it's one of those nights where I want my team to lose, congrats ML$E..

Henry has had tendinitis in his knee. It can be a bitch of a nagging injury. Considering our year is toast it makes sense to rest him and let it fully heal. Ease him back into play and then have him and O'Dea become a partnership over the off season.

Benficachop20
09-22-2012, 09:03 PM
he says everyone will get a chance to prove themselves but yet plays the same starting 11 every week. So much for giving everyone a fair chance to fight for a spot for next season.

Ajax TFC
09-22-2012, 09:14 PM
to be honest, playing Morgan at left midfield is the first good decision Mariner has made.

Canada72
09-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Will this CFL game go past 10:30?

Canada72
09-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Game On TSN2

ouderwien
09-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Anyone have any streams?

ouderwien
09-22-2012, 09:34 PM
^^for those with a high pain threshold.

Dom

I wish I had something better to do tonight:facepalm:

dupont
09-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Anyone have any streams?

None of the listed streams are working for me.. arrg

Canada72
09-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Back to TSN everyone

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Game On TSN2

Its on regular TSN.

Parkdale
09-22-2012, 09:41 PM
None of the listed streams are working for me.. arrg

http://lsh.lshunter.tv/streams/1/lshtv25.html

working for me. American feed though

dupont
09-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Anyone have any streams?

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/142547/1/watch-la-galaxy-vs-toronto-fc.html

this is working now

Canada72
09-22-2012, 09:42 PM
;1531039']Its on regular TSN.

It is now, started on TSN2 because of CFL then moved back to TSN when CFL finished

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 09:42 PM
The galaxy fans are not too loud that you cant hear Mariner, "Wide....Wide.....Throw the fucking ball..."

flamehawk
09-22-2012, 09:43 PM

As much as I would love for the academy players to finally get some experience, the silver lining is that Mariner can't use inexperience as an excuse for poor performances. And with his habit of throwing his players under the bus, probably better that our youth don't have their morale sapped (not to say this hasn't already happened, given their lack of starts .. or even bench spots)

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Too easy for Wilmhelmsson

jloome
09-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Gahd, this is men against boys.

They're totally organized for every possible scenario, we're playing dump-and-chase by position, with almost no off the ball movement.

Eek.

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Too easy 1-0.

DOMIN8R
This is going to be a l o n g game.

Eastend
and goodnight

jloome
And .....that's what happens.

TFC07
Awful goal keeping! 1-nil for LAG.

starter
Bush league goaltending from F. Hall

KGH
09-22-2012, 09:51 PM
What's the record for goals scored in a game?

Relja
09-22-2012, 09:52 PM

jloome
That was terrible. He didn't even set up his wall properly. He had no view and was favouring the right side too much.

Benficachop20
ffs mariner wtf do u see in Hall. That is shocking goalkeeping. Go back to Bermuda.

[NBF]
Richard Eckersley out for the game now. Took it in the chin.

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 09:56 PM
I think I know what Mariner sees in F.Hall, he can hoof the ball along ways. His job is safe.

Canada72
09-22-2012, 09:57 PM
What's the record for goals scored in a game?

Found this on google

May 6, 1998: Cobi Jones' hat trick and Welton's two goals lead Los Angeles to a 7-4 win over the Colorado Rapids.

nonc
09-22-2012, 09:57 PM
F. Hall is only signed until the end of the year right? but Mariner is probably dumb enough to re-sign him for the Bermuda factor.

Hall lacks basic intelligence at his position. When a right-footed player is shooting from a position that far left and has to avoid a wall, there is only one place they are going to aim for and Freddy gave them that half of the net..:rolleyes:

(Weak free-kick call, though)

TFC07
09-22-2012, 09:59 PM
F. Hall is only signed until the end of the year right? but Mariner is probably dumb enough to re-sign him for the Bermuda factor.

Hall lacks basic intelligence at his position. When a right-footed player is shooting from that far left and has to avoid a wall, there is only one place they are going to aim for and Freddy gave them that half of the net..:rolleyes:

(Weak free-kick call, though)

He will be back next year. Mariner signed him a 2 year contract

nonc
09-22-2012, 10:01 PM
He will be back next year. Mariner signed him a 2 year contract

should've known, lol what a joke

KGH
09-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Found this on google

May 6, 1998: Cobi Jones' hat trick and Welton's two goals lead Los Angeles to a 7-4 win over the Colorado Rapids.

Thats the most combined. The most goals scored by a single team in a game is eight when the Los Angeles Galaxy took on the Dallas Burn on June 4, 1998. The Galaxy defeated Dallas 8–1.

Dkolish3
09-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Found this on google

There's no point in them using so much effort they'll score two maybe three goals then play keep away while Toronto remains in its shell.

DoubleUp
09-22-2012, 10:03 PM
This is to easy, for LA.

Wow! who assembled this team???:facepalm:

jloome
09-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Apparently our strategy tonight is to tire them out by letting them keep the ball all night and, when they lose it, passing it back to them.

TFC07
TFC is lucky the game is only 1-nil.

KGH
Our mid field must be the four players that cochrane was talking about because it doesn't appear that we have one at all.

jloome
09-22-2012, 10:07 PM
We're like statues. We don't even challenge for the damn ball.

It's just putrid.

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Apparently our strategy tonight is to tire them out by letting them keep the ball all night and, when they lose it, passing it back to them.

Sub Amerikwa at the halftime. Solid game planning.

TorontoGooner
09-22-2012, 10:08 PM
I got into a slanging match on Twitter with Jason De Vos when Mariner was announced Head Coach. I stated that Mariner was an appalling coach that will do nothing for the team. De Vos basically said I know nothing about football and that Mariner will steady the ship. I feel pretty smug every time I hear his sub standard commentary on TSN now.

jloome
09-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Look: We're giving them THIRTY yards inside our half before challenging.

Either our morale is gone or Mariner has assembled the worst team in league history.

Nerepis
09-22-2012, 10:10 PM
You heard it here first, TFC will not finish this game with 11 on the field.

jloome
09-22-2012, 10:10 PM
What's the point of continually working the ball back to a defender then having him boot it? They might as well ATTEMPT to run at them. Jesus fucking christ. It's an embarrassment to the badge.

TFC07
09-22-2012, 10:11 PM
What a goal! 2-nil for LAG.

jloome
Yeah, give him space. It's not like he does that every other week.

[NBF]
Jesus . 2-0.

Nerepis
09-22-2012, 10:12 PM
It's a shooting gallery.

Benficachop20
lmao the midfield is a joke. Some great pressure from Maund and Dunfield to prevent that goal...

lobo
i think i'm just gonna smoke a doobie to avoid the boiling anger inside me

Dkolish3
Hall couldn't have done anything there

KGH
What's the point of continually working the ball back to a defender then having him boot it? They might as well ATTEMPT to run at them. Jesus fucking christ. It's an embarrassment to the badge.

When you have no midfielders that can create its really the only option.

jloome
Folks, if you want to see the power of irrational belief, once a person's brain has established connetion to its belief community, just listen to Jason Devos after this game about how this can hardly be Mariner's fault.

mowe
Entire midfield shit the bed on that one. But Dunfield was the closest so I'm going to blame him for not closing out.

Ajax TFC
09-22-2012, 10:13 PM
gotta love dunfield too scared shitless to challenge him

DoubleUp
Why are they trolling us??? this team is extremely poor.

TFC07
I got into a slanging match on Twitter with Jason De Vos when Mariner was announced Head Coach. I stated that Mariner was an appalling coach that will do nothing for the team. De Vos basically said I know nothing about football and that Mariner will steady the ship. I feel pretty smug every time I hear his sub standard commentary on TSN now.

Jason DeVos probably wants Toronto FC president job. That is why he's defending Mariner a lot.

Pookie
35 mins in and we've had 1 attempt on goal... and 26% possession

sigh

If RJ ends this game without a red card, I'd be surprised... and who can really blame him?

DoubleUp
09-22-2012, 10:14 PM
gotta love dunfield too scared shitless to challenge him

That should of been maund, but I guess if you want to say Dunfield is the senior player then yes.

TFC07
09-22-2012, 10:14 PM
3-nil for LAG now!

Canada72
09-22-2012, 10:15 PM
There's no point in them using so much effort they'll score two maybe three goals then play keep away while Toronto remains in its shell.

Lets see what happens now.....

KGH
And there it is. Only 6 to go for another record this year.

jloome
There's hardly a moment in this league where teams shouldn't be pressing fairly high. The speed and athleticism just requires it. Sitting back and playing the counter against teams like this will just get you slaughtered.

Remember earlier in the season we had that game where we played RSL to a standstill but lost 3-2 in the 90th minute? That was the game AFTEr Milos publicly admonished the team to press high.

Ah, the good old days.

mowe
Lol. Exactly NO ONE is surprised that we're getting hammered. Good game for the Galaxy to pad their stats.

nonc
great coverage by Maund on 2-0, excellent squad selection

[NBF]
3-0:

http://www.bookpalace.com/acatalog/BruceFiringSquad.jpg

jabbronies
09-22-2012, 10:16 PM
This LA game is great. This is how football can be played in MLS.

It's funny that about 7 months ago, TFC were actually owning this LA team. How times have changed.

TFC07
3-1 for TFC.

Dunfield with a goal.

TorontoGooner
We're gonna win 4-3!!

Benficachop20
09-22-2012, 10:17 PM
oh great dunfield scores. now mariner is gonna bone about him.

[NBF]
lol@ Terry Dunfield pulls one back and picks up an injury in the process........L-O-L......Sub In Avila

TFC07

It's funny that about 7 months ago, TFC were actually owning this LA team. How times have changed.

Scary thought.

TOBOR !
09-22-2012, 10:18 PM
LOL. Hall is going to be involved in all the GOTW contenders this week.

Pookie
09-22-2012, 10:19 PM
With the season out of reach, what's the point in sitting Avila? Even if he doesn't factor into Mariner's plans, his trade value doesn't grow when he sits on the bench.

jloome
09-22-2012, 10:19 PM
You realize Mariner is playing us in a deep zone coverage against the LA Galaxy, with a rover to cover Donovan? That's a sucidal -- utterly suicidal -- tactical choice against a team that can control the ball the way LA can.

DoubleUp
09-22-2012, 10:20 PM

LA has gotten better but we have certainly regressed, Paul mariner/management has taken this team to a new low.

TOBOR !
09-22-2012, 10:20 PM
What's LA doing? They've gone to tatters since Dunfield's goal.

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 10:21 PM

Change? What change? Plata-Gone, Koevermans-Gone, DeGuzman-Gone, Soolsma-Gone, Aceval-Gone, Frings-Gone, Kocic-Gone

jloome
09-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Watch Mariner talk about how we didn't start playing until they were three up... with him not noticing that they didn't stop playing until they were three up.

Pookie
You realize Mariner is playing us in a deep zone coverage against the LA Galaxy, with a rover to cover Donovan? That's a sucidal -- utterly suicidal -- tactical choice against a team that can control the ball the way LA can.

To your point, LA's passing accuracy is at 91% right now and they have made 234 of 'em to our 102 thus far

Ajax TFC
That should of been maund, but I guess if you want to say Dunfield is the senior player then yes.
Dunfield was the closest player, he was covering no one, Juninho was his direct opponent and he was backing way from him

Nerepis

Wait till next year when Mariner really gets a chance to build the team in his image,

TOBOR !
09-22-2012, 10:23 PM
LA is mesmerised as TFC puts on a passing clinic there.

nonc
09-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Wait till next year when Mariner really gets a chance to build the team in his image,

it should be quite the sight!

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 10:26 PM
O'Dea and Keane are teammates on the Ireland team, but what do they say to each other at the halftime? Discuss.

DoubleUp
09-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Dunfield was the closest player, he was covering no one, Juninho was his direct opponent and he was backing way from him

In a flat four I believe that was on maunds side of the pitch, but it really doesnt matter the team is low in quality all over the pitch.

jloome
09-22-2012, 10:28 PM
We're not playing a flat four. Maund is a rover, behind Silva and Dunfield in the middle.

KGH
09-22-2012, 10:29 PM
;1531111']Change? What change? Plata-Gone, Koevermans-Gone, DeGuzman-Gone, Soolsma-Gone, Aceval-Gone, Frings-Gone, Kocic-Gone

Its scary to think how we'd look if we still rocked the 4-3-3 with the following:

--------------------kocic--------------------
ecks-----Henry--------O'Dea-------Morgan
------------frings-------deguze-------------
---------------------silva--------------------
--soolsma----------------------johnson----
-----------------koevermans---------------

with plata and lambe coming in for speed..

that sure would have been nice to watch

Oldtimer
09-22-2012, 10:29 PM
I imagine that Cochrane is going to get angry now. That and Mariner will blast the players and tell the media he only needs 11 good players to make this team competitive. :facepalm:

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 10:31 PM
I imagine that Cochrane is going to get angry now. That and Mariner will blast the players and tell the media he only needs 11 good players to make this team competitive. :facepalm:

*1+1 really good players.

KGH
09-22-2012, 10:32 PM
35% possession. Awesome

nonc
09-22-2012, 10:32 PM
;1531118']O'Dea and Keane are teammates on the Ireland team, but what do they say to each other at the halftime? Discuss.

i bet Keane put in a good word for TO after his CCL experience, little did both of them know...

DoubleUp
09-22-2012, 10:33 PM
We're not playing a flat four. Maund is a rover, behind Silva and Dunfield in the middle.

So what formation are we playing then.???

is it:

4-1-4-1

Ajax TFC
09-22-2012, 10:34 PM
In a flat four I believe that was on maunds side of the pitch, but it really doesnt matter the team is low in quality all over the pitch.
Meh, I guess I'll have to look again after when the highlights are put up. When I saw the replay and saw Dunfield standing in a position where he could have challenged but instead stood there with that Authority "someone else should do something about it because I'm being in my position here not challenging because if he beats me I'll look like an ass" body language.

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Its scary to think how we'd look if we still rocked the 4-3-3 with the following:

--------------------kocic--------------------
ecks-----Henry--------O'Dea-------Morgan
------------frings-------deguze-------------
---------------------silva--------------------
--soolsma----------------------johnson----
-----------------koevermans---------------

with plata and lambe coming in for speed..

that sure would have been nice to watch

We tried that in many games, with combinations of DeGuzman, Frings, Dunfield, Avila, it didnt work because essentially they were playing to far back and everyone dribbled in between them for goals. Frings had no pace to keep up, DeGuzman had a hard time being physical and passing the ball, Dunfield was bullied by everyone, adn Avila didnt tackle or dribble forward.

gracos
09-22-2012, 10:36 PM
I believe maybe a complete shakeup is needed to remake the team, including management and headcoaches. I would like to see us be a success and stop losing continuously; it feels like TFC just dont care anymore and I know I have said it before, but TFC is hard to support if they dont believe in themselves

Nerepis
09-22-2012, 10:36 PM
I'd like to see the stats on how often the face palm emoticon has been used on this forum since Mariner took the reins, my guess is 2 to 1 over all others. :facepalm:

nonc
09-22-2012, 10:37 PM
Is Hall ever in the right position? Aside from the obvious, he basically ran out of his net for a cross that was headed just wide of his empty goal. When a ball enters the 6 you either stay put or have to catch it there, you don't run to where you think it will bounce haha. Then he needlessly charged someone and almost got chipped.

jloome
09-22-2012, 10:38 PM

is it:

4-1-4-1

Yep.

It's ridiculous. We're just dumping the ball up the wing on every play and hoping we win it. Even our 35% poss. has been in majority in our end.

Absurd. This team would have NO CHANCE of winning this game even if we played with Koevermans and Frings, because of the way we've been prepared. The players aren't challenging high, or reading the flow of the game into their zone; they're simply running backwards into their area to cover, without heed to what's going on on the ball; as a result, LA can set up whatever type of offensive buildup it wants.

Must be the worst-prepared game at MLS level I've seen since watching Chivas in its initial season.

DoubleUp
09-22-2012, 10:38 PM
I believe maybe a complete shakeup is needed to remake the team, including management and headcoaches. I would like to see us be a success and stop losing continuously; it feels like TFC just dont care anymore and I know I have said it before, but TFC is hard to support if they dont believe in themselves

You dont say!!!!:rolleyes:

KGH
09-22-2012, 10:41 PM
;1531128']We tried that in many games, with combinations of DeGuzman, Frings, Dunfield, Avila, it didnt work because essentially they were playing to far back and everyone dribbled in between them for goals. Frings had no pace to keep up, DeGuzman had a hard time being physical and passing the ball, Dunfield was bullied by everyone, adn Avila didnt tackle or dribble forward.

People seem to forget that frings was out the first 4 league games with a hammy injury and then koevermans missed a couple games. When they were finally healthy we went on a bit of a run before mariner got the keys and blew it all up. I agree with Avila but you put silva in there and it's a different story.

DoubleUp
09-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Yep.

It's ridiculous. We're just dumping the ball up the wing on every play and hoping we win it. Even our 35% poss. has been in majority in our end.

Absurd. This team would have NO CHANCE of winning this game even if we played with Koevermans and Frings, because of the way we've been prepared. The players aren't challenging high, or reading the flow of the game into their zone; they're simply running backwards into their area to cover, without heed to what's going on on the ball; as a result, LA can set up whatever type of offensive buildup it wants.

Must be the worst-prepared game at MLS level I've seen since watching Chivas in its initial season.

With no Malice or hidden agenda, Mariner really isn't the guy and I wish he would be a gentlemen and resign....this is disgraceful.

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 10:44 PM
http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/styles/AnimatedArena/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by DoubleUp http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/styles/AnimatedArena/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1531126#post1531126)

is it:

4-1-4-1

-------------------Backup GK---------------------
-MR---------RB----------------CB-----Backup CB-
-------------------Backup CB---------------------
BackUp St--BackUp MC---------AM------------LB-
-------------------------------------------------
----------------------ST-------------------------

jloome
Damn that was awkward to watch. "We were fine."

Strange....he's playing Aron Maund in the position for which he was allegedly trained....hmmmmm..... What sorcery is this? Playing players where they're supposed to go?

KGH
Ecks with a concussion. Awesome

DoubleUp
09-22-2012, 10:45 PM
;1531136']-------------------Backup GK---------------------
-MR---------RB----------------CB-----Backup CB-
-------------------Backup CB---------------------
BackUp St--BackUp MC---------AM------------LB-
-------------------------------------------------
----------------------ST-------------------------

back to 442

[NBF]
Mariner looked shaken during that halftime interview. He was out of excuses.

Whos in?

jloome
Good marking from Dunfield. Watch Wilhelmsson pull off his shoulder without him even turning around. Classic midfieldmanship! Wot Wot!

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 10:48 PM
----------------------Hall-------------------------
Hall---------Maund----------O'Dea-----------Emory
--------------------------------------------------
Wiedeman---Silva-----------Dunfield---------Morgan
---------------------------------------------------
------------Amerikwa-------Johnson---------------

Nerepis
09-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Announcer: What do you think happened in the 1st half?

Mariner: Aaaahh, they kicked the ball in the old onion bag more than we did.

gracos
09-22-2012, 10:49 PM
I dont understand the form of TFC, if we even tried to use possesion, we probably would of won a few more games than the dump and run style, it doesnt work ever, and you have to think that the management just doesnt understand the game, TFC will die if we dont understand the game soon

jloome
09-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Hall was out of position on the corner, too far forward. Good thing Becks isn't playing.

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 10:50 PM
whos left on the bench?

<----------2000

KGH
09-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Roberts; Williams, Cann, Henry, Lambe, Avila

DoubleUp
09-22-2012, 10:52 PM
I dont understand the form of TFC, if we even tried to use possesion, we probably would of won a few more games than the dump and run style, it doesnt work ever, and you have to think that the management just doesnt understand the game, TFC will die if we dont understand the game soon

You dont say!:facepalm:

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 10:54 PM
LA Grey Suit 3:1 T-Shirt & Shorts

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Wow, Eric Avila sighting.

jloome
09-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Did anyone else catch that piece of hilarity. Avila "Trains well, but I'm not seeing enough from him in games," Mariner apparently tells DeVos. AS OPPOSED TO WHO?

Ajax TFC
09-22-2012, 10:57 PM
An Avila sighting!

TOBOR !
09-22-2012, 10:57 PM
With no Malice or hidden agenda, Mariner really isn't the guy and I wish he would be a gentlemen and resign....this is disgraceful.

Banner idea: "say, old chap, be a sport and show yourself the door".

KGH
09-22-2012, 11:00 PM
;1531149']LA Grey Suit 3:1 T-Shirt & Shorts

I wonder if he'll stay true to the shorts in October?

But honestly the league should impose a dress code for the coaching staff. It's the opposite of professional.

DoubleUp
09-22-2012, 11:01 PM

Wouldn't hurt to try!.

KGH
09-22-2012, 11:04 PM
3 subs before the 70 min mark??? What team am I watching?

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Lambe for Emory?

jloome
09-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Wow, Avila's workrate is nonexistent off the ball. He's either very nonchalant and knows he's leaving or maybe that's why he's not playing.

KGH
09-22-2012, 11:06 PM
;1531157']Lambe for Emory?

Now we only have 4 defenders on the field vs. the 6 we started the game with.

RicoSuave44
09-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Side topic: Did anyone see the advertising screens a minute ago saying "SPORTSNET coming 10.01.12"
Is Sportsnet launching a US channel?

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Side topic: Did anyone see the advertising screens a minute ago saying "SPORTSNET coming 10.01.12"

If anything it might be the Sportsnet World Channel.

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 11:19 PM
Whos that guy on TFC bench that screamed at the 4th official?

nlsanand
09-22-2012, 11:20 PM
I really want to see our players take some cheap shots at LAG. I don't know why. I just want some excitement to this garbage time.

thefreestyla
09-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Time Warner Sportsnet

KGH
09-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Wow. Ugly. But making it respectable

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 11:22 PM
3:2

Im going to say that Josh Saunders is not exactly the best goalkeeper

flamehawk
09-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Oh gosh, cue up Mariner claiming that this game was close and that we were unlucky to lose...

notthesun
09-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Silva is consistently good on a horribly dysfunctional team. Kid's got a future.

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Shots:

LA 25:5 TFC

Cashcleaner
09-22-2012, 11:28 PM
And the score is 4-2 LAG? Sounds about right...

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 11:28 PM
4:2 pffff respectable with two goals

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Ashton Morgan did not high 5 Jim Brennan, he pulled away from Brennan, is there something to that?

gracos
09-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Ah well, one more day sooner till the end of the season, it ends 4:2 LAG, I guess TFC is ready to go and enjoy their break, and they were happy with the result tonight, we still have room to improve, and would like to see possession to improve but I guess this against a top team

mowe
Two heavy deflections make the scoreline seem somewhat better. In reality an embarrassing performance from TFC. And to think we were playing better than the Galaxy 6 months ago.

nonc
Did anyone else catch that piece of hilarity. Avila "Trains well, but I'm not seeing enough from him in games," Mariner apparently tells DeVos. AS OPPOSED TO WHO?

LOL, exactly what crossed my mind.

Avila went against the grain of mindlessly hoofing the ball into the area as soon as we're within 40 yards of goal, places it at Silva's chest for the assist. Enough to start next game? NAH

nonc
09-22-2012, 11:35 PM
;1531173']Ashton Morgan did not high 5 Jim Brennan, he pulled away from Brennan, is there something to that?

i think it was just because he is hurt and felt bad about getting turned inside out for the 4th. not in the mood.

Alonso
09-22-2012, 11:46 PM
Silva is consistently good on a horribly dysfunctional team. Kid's got a future.

Well it's official then...

....he won't be playing for us much longer.

TorontoGooner
09-22-2012, 11:48 PM

Haha. I prefer "fuck off you northern bastard"

backbeat
09-22-2012, 11:53 PM

i love it, but as everything gets convoluted with him i think it probably needs to be a tad clearer:

"I say Mariner, old chap, be a sport and show yourself the door".

denime
09-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Two heavy deflections make the scoreline seem somewhat better. In reality an embarrassing performance from TFC. And to think we were playing better than the Galaxy 6 months ago.

SO true,two own goals made it look like we had a chance to get a point.This game was done after 30 minutes and LAG played 2nd half just as much they needed,once we score 2nd goal,they came back right away to put the game behind them.

Morgan reaction after the game and Avila's not giving any extra effort just shows how much Mariner is "players"coach.Mariner lost already locker room after 4 months,and we are winless in what 11 ?

MARINER GTFO,please

Shakes McQueen
09-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Stopped watching as soon as it was 2-0 against us, and watched "Inception" on Showcase instead.

Whatever - one more step closer to the end of this season, and one more brick in the wall of reasons Mariner should be gone. Who cares at this point? A win would bring is no comfort because it would rightfully feel fluky, and a loss is just more of the same old. So really... who cares.

Just mercifully bring this season to an end, so I can watch something else, like our crappy basketball team, or our crappy hockey team.

I'm not even mad. We all expected us to lose this game, and we lost. A loss in another lost season. What could be more pointless than that?

- Scott

tfcleeds
09-23-2012, 12:35 AM
Stopped watching as soon as it was 2-0 against us, and watched "Inception" on Showcase instead.

Whatever - one more step closer to the end of this season, and one more brick in the wall of reasons Mariner should be gone. Who cares at this point? A win would bring is no comfort because it would rightfully feel fluky, and a loss is just more of the same old. So really... who cares.

Just mercifully bring this season to an end, so I can watch something else, like our crappy basketball team, or our crappy hockey team.

I'm not even mad. We all expected us to lose this game, and we lost. A loss in another lost season. What could be more pointless than that?

- Scott

You mightn't even be able to do that this season.

DaBandit
09-23-2012, 01:08 AM
I'd like to see the stats on how often the face palm emoticon has been used on this forum since Mariner took the reins, my guess is 2 to 1 over all others. :facepalm:

Lmao.. I never used it in a post until after mariner was hired..

nonc
09-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Lee Godfrey is also a joke, by the way. How can you not want to hit that guy after any of his segments.

'they fell behind BUT RESPONDED'

'Freddy Hall made some big saves'

edit: oh and then he compares Mariner to Bruce Arena when he took over LA. apparently success is just around the corner for us and winless in 10 is a sign of nothing but good things.

GBV
09-23-2012, 04:47 AM
^ Saw that. Embarrassing.

*Tell me about the character of this team. Down 3-0 and come back to make it 3-2. They just don't quit do they? ......................*

My God ....

tfc2008
09-23-2012, 05:49 AM
The worst team in the world and that goalie wat a worst person is that 4 goals and see him watching ass he is.

Yohan
09-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Well it's official then...

....he won't be playing for us much longer.I dunno... Mariner has a man crush on Silva I think. 5 goals 5 assists this season for the kid

PAOK17
09-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Haha. I prefer "fuck off you northern bastard"
Why not just go to the point?

Something like:

FIRE:
Anselmi
Beirne
Cochrane
Mariner

and then another one:

IGNORE:
de Vos
Larsson
(anyone else in the media you can think of)

ag futbol
09-23-2012, 08:55 AM
My banner was going to say: "real coaches wear pants, GTFO"

I didn't see the game, but from those highlights, Freddy Hall looks no better than a MLS pool keeper, don't understand the point of signing him. That first goal, I think a house league keeper would get reemed out for that one. He sets up the wall to cover his near post and then hides way behind it... Juninho just blasted it into the open space he should have been standing in, totally amateurish.

Auzzy
09-23-2012, 09:21 AM
TFC is so good at setting negative records: LA outshot Toronto 27-5, tying a 14-year-old club record for the number of shots.

Auzzy
09-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Just wanted to add, the officiating was also pretty bad. Do you remember the days when we used to get upset about bad refs, because they actually seemed to influence the outcome of games? Now TFC is so atrocious that even lousy refs don't really make a difference.

Beach_Red
09-23-2012, 09:33 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a team this poorly run in any sport - and I remember the WHA.

Thomas
09-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Another terrible showing. The clown must leave the show. Kicking and screaming, or otherwise.

Super
09-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Worst team in the history of this league. Shame we're screwed for 2013 as well with Mariner at the helm.

Chevy
09-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Worst team in the history of this league. Shame we're screwed for 2013 as well with Mariner at the helm.

Banner: "2013: We're Screwed"

JonO
09-23-2012, 05:11 PM
A few thought after the game:
1. We suck
2. Home Depot Stadium is pretty awesome
3. The LA fans get in to the game, even the "casuals". Examples - whole stadium got into cross-stadium chant of LA - Galaxy. Whole stadium announces goal scorer 3 time then announcer says thank you and everyone replies you're welcome. Quite a good vibe.
4. Roof makes a helluva difference in the acoustics.
5. We suck.

Yohan
09-23-2012, 05:22 PM
A few thought after the game:
1. We suck
2. Home Depot Stadium is pretty awesome
3. The LA fans get in to the game, even the "casuals". Examples - whole stadium got into cross-stadium chant of LA - Galaxy. Whole stadium announces goal scorer 3 time then announcer says thank you and everyone replies you're welcome. Quite a good vibe.
4. Roof makes a helluva difference in the acoustics.
5. We suck.

LA used to have a lot of plastic fans, and their atmosphere weren't as good. Bleh

boozilla
09-23-2012, 07:22 PM
LA passed it around those red pylons nicely. Our hoofball is an insult to players and spectators.

denime
09-23-2012, 07:27 PM
LA passed it around those red pylons nicely. Our hoofball is an insult to players and spectators.

yes it is,insult to anyone connected to TFC

lobo
09-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Banner: "2013: We're Screwed"

banner for 2013 home opener "There's always next year."

gate7
09-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Why not just go to the point?

Something like:

FIRE:
Anselmi
Beirne
Cochrane
Mariner

and then another one:

IGNORE:
de Vos
Larsson
(anyone else in the media you can think of)

that or "Mariner, Cochrane, Bernie, you suck!"

Joe Kool
09-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Banner "2013: We got to get this right...LOL"

Alonso
09-23-2012, 10:51 PM
I dunno... Mariner has a man crush on Silva I think. 5 goals 5 assists this season for the kid

Yeah I was being sarcastic, which never translates well over the interwebes.

I hope he stays and grows with the club, but the clubs track record of nurturing good talent is abysmal.

Who has actually come up through the ranks as a promising rookie to be a TFC stalwart? No one that I can think of.

Edu perhaps, but he was traded eventually for cash.

Bye bye Cronin. Bye bye Buddle. Adios Plata. Wish you well Marvel and Nana.

Stefan Frei perhaps? We'll still have to wait and see about him and whether or not he sticks around.

Am I missing anyone?

Brooker
09-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Worst team in the history of this league.

No we're not.

Alonso
09-23-2012, 11:53 PM
I probably should've posted this here first instead of the news thread:

All I have to say is that Winter's team didn't embarrass the club as much as Mariner's team has against LA.

These were the line ups for the CCL matches earlier this year:
http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.co...tch_id=1223742 (http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1223742)

http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.co...tch_id=1223748 (http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1223748)

To be fair, Mariner didn't have the fire power up front that Winter had for his game. Namely Koevermans. But of Plata, Koevs, Johnson, and Soolsma, Mariner decided to throw away two of these players and replaced them with what exaclty? Weideman? Amerikwa? Also Beckham didn't play against us this time around.

Winter also didn't have O'Dea for his defense, and had to use Aceval and Harden but seemed to have gotten a way better defensive game out of the team then Mariner managed. And Mariner used a defensive formation for fucks sake. http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter...-v-tor/rosters (http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2012-09-22-la-v-tor/rosters)

The other thing is that Plata, Soolsma and DeGuzman seem to be better options then what Mariner has chosen for the team and it was his direct choice to cast away these players. He could have gotten rid of them at the end of the year if he thought they weren't good enough. But he replaced them with players of his choosing who are worse players. How does that equal success now exactly? Hall seems like a worse goalie then Kocic by far. How doesn't Mariner see this?

I hope I am wrong, but next year seems to be a write off, and the year after as well, as the next guy will need a year to clean it up.

Next years saving grace will be a return of all of Koevs, Frings, Hassli, Johnson, Avila, Silva, and possibly Dunfield. The end of the hoof ball experiment, and two decent midfielders added to the squad and the solidification of Morgan, Henry, O'dea, and Eckersley at the back. EDIT: I should also add Frei and Kocic splitting the goal keep duties with Hall firmly placed on the bench.

Hoofball only works if you keep a clean sheet, or at the worst, let only 1 goal in. This hasn't been happening under Mariner, it's time to show him the door and go back to the vision for the club that Winter implemented.

Strans
09-24-2012, 01:53 AM
Only watched the game in 6. Both TFC's goals were lucky. L.A.'s goals were skill compounded by inept goalkeeping/marking/etc.

Ugh.

To be fair no one expected the reds to win this game and they lived up (down?) to expectations. The truly disconcerting part of all this is that there just isn't any hope. At least we've spent previous seasons/off-seasons believing that the club could/would/might be better... now what is there?

jloome
09-24-2012, 02:16 AM

All I have to say is that Winter's team didn't embarrass the club as much as Mariner's team has against LA.

http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.co...tch_id=1223742 (http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1223742)

http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.co...tch_id=1223748 (http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1223748)

To be fair, Mariner didn't have the fire power up front that Winter had for his game. Namely Koevermans. But of Plata, Koevs, Johnson, and Soolsma, Mariner decided to throw away two of these players and replaced them with what exaclty? Weideman? Amerikwa? Also Beckham didn't play against us this time around.

Winter also didn't have O'Dea for his defense, and had to use Aceval and Harden but seemed to have gotten a way better defensive game out of the team then Mariner managed. And Mariner used a defensive formation for fucks sake. http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter...-v-tor/rosters (http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2012-09-22-la-v-tor/rosters)

The other thing is that Plata, Soolsma and DeGuzman seem to be better options then what Mariner has chosen for the team and it was his direct choice to cast away these players. He could have gotten rid of them at the end of the year if he thought they weren't good enough. But he replaced them with players of his choosing who are worse players. How does that equal success now exactly? Hall seems like a worse goalie then Kocic by far. How doesn't Mariner see this?

I hope I am wrong, but next year seems to be a write off, and the year after as well, as the next guy will need a year to clean it up.

Next years saving grace will be a return of all of Koevs, Frings, Hassli, Johnson, Avila, Silva, and possibly Dunfield. The end of the hoof ball experiment, and two decent midfielders added to the squad and the solidification of Morgan, Henry, O'dea, and Eckersley at the back. EDIT: I should also add Frei and Kocic splitting the goal keep duties with Hall firmly placed on the bench.

Hoofball only works if you keep a clean sheet, or at the worst, let only 1 goal in. This hasn't been happening under Mariner, it's time to show him the door and go back to the vision for the club that Winter implemented.

It's fundamentally a mistake for people to expect him to get much more out of next year's roster. Even with a couple of dominant players, he doesn't prepare them to play, so it won't make a difference. This team looks less cohesive than when he took it over, and that takes some doing.

denime
09-24-2012, 05:38 AM

This is exactly what will happen and reason why mariner should be fired at the end of this season.

Give a new coach with his assistants and new Technical director to start working on 2014 season now,not at the end of 2013.

narduch
09-24-2012, 07:13 AM
TFC in 2007 - 25 points in 30 games
TFC in 2012 - 22 points in 30 games (4 remaining)

We are worse than an expansion team.

brad
09-24-2012, 08:15 AM
TFC in 2007 - 25 points in 30 games
TFC in 2012 - 22 points in 30 games (4 remaining)

We are worse than an expansion team.

Coached by MoJo...

tfcleeds
09-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Sad thing is, we could lose the rest of our matches this season, and it wouldn't make a bit of difference - Mariner and Cochrane will be here next year regardless.

narduch
09-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Sad thing is, we could lose the rest of our matches this season, and it wouldn't make a bit of difference - Mariner and Cochrane will be here next year regardless.

I'm not so sure about that anymore.

I think the season ticket renewal announcement delay might be related to Mariner + Cochrane's status. Although maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Oldtimer
09-24-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm not so sure about that anymore.

I think the season ticket renewal announcement delay might be related to Mariner + Cochrane's status. Although maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Remember that the source that they are staying is Duane's blog. He's had wrong information before.

narduch
09-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Remember that the source that they are staying is Duane's blog. He's had wrong information before.

Yes. Seems very similar to the reports that Cochrane would be made GM, and Dasovic head coach post-Preki. Then days (weeks?) later Winter + Mariner were announced.

tfcleeds
09-24-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm not so sure about that anymore.I think the season ticket renewal announcement delay might be related to Mariner + Cochrane's status. Although maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.I hope you're right of course, but my gut feeling is that they'll use whatever spin is necessary when they decide to keep them on for next season.

TOBOR !
09-24-2012, 11:07 AM
I think the club may be using media to feel out the general mood before making decisions.

If there was no backlash and an overall acceptance that Cochrane and Mariner were the right choice to move forward with the club, the move would have been announced by now and we'd all be renewing our season tickets.

As things are, MLSE doesn't know what the fuck to do.

brad
09-24-2012, 11:32 AM
I think the club may be using media to feel out the general mood before making decisions.

If there was no backlash and an overall acceptance that Cochrane and Mariner were the right choice to move forward with the club, the move would have been announced by now and we'd all be renewing our season tickets.

As things are, MLSE doesn't know what the fuck to do.

As I said in the "Are You renewing..." thread, they are also asking STH's these questions. I replied to the "Renewal Info is coming email" saying I wasn't going to renew. I got a call from a ticket rep the next day, with some very targeted questions like "Do you think we should keep Paul Mariner" and "What players do you like".

After that, I'm convinced more than ever they are going to do whatever the populous wants to drive renewals. So, business as usual.