PDA

View Full Version : Renewing or Not Renewing

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Dave67
10-13-2012, 09:22 AM
I had a bizarre moment of clarity this morning. TFC are holding back renewal notices until Canada finishes this round of World Cup qualifying. This is strangely brilliant.

If Canada qualifies for the Hex then TFC has a great feel good story to tie in with season ticket renewals. It only takes a moment for many people being on a soccer high to get them to buy or renew.

If Canada qualifies for the Hex expect a renewal notice trumpeting the fact that Canada was playing at BMO field with past TFC stars!!!

Pinkie
10-13-2012, 09:59 AM
i'm definitely renewing, but that's only because my two tickets are in the light grey. if it was any more expensive, i'd be seriously considering dropping them.

i am personally super intrigued to see how TFC FO is going to market this season ticket renewal. last year was all about Winter's vision and the "system". wonder what they're going to say now? next season can't get any worse?

Scotiarae
10-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Its a tough decision, but with supporter seats (2) and the need for a 3rd seat, I will probably take advantage of someone around me not renewing to get my little boy aka 'newest fan' (or should I say newest sucker) his own seat. I feel like such a cruel dad for getting him into this.

jazzy
10-13-2012, 10:47 AM
so....rumour has it.....ST's are going down,..which is nice cause wife and I love going, just no respect for Mr.M and our mgmt.....simply put I want the academy and Morgan , Stinson,..Henry involved........if they they aren't good enough then fine but I want them given as much time as needed to be on my local team...(which then I could support win or lose),..........and I know Henry and Morgan, for sure are above average..and YOUNG.....esp with mentors as we had eg, Winter,...Let our American mediocre , over-paid ncaa stars try to get a job on other teams ,...(on the bench),....not Avila ( yes he's paid a lot) but we did dump Soolsma , and we are the worse for it....

PS....I know somewhere each years ST's costs are stated but not sure where I can find the break-down....say yellow and light grey's??

Canary10
10-13-2012, 11:04 AM
so....rumour has it.....ST's are going down,..which is nice cause wife and I love going, just no respect for Mr.M and our mgmt.....simply put I want the academy and Morgan , Stinson,..Henry involved........if they they aren't good enough then fine but I want them given as much time as needed to be on my local team...(which then I could support win or lose),..........and I know Henry and Morgan, for sure are above average..and YOUNG.....esp with mentors as we had eg, Winter,...Let our American mediocre , over-paid ncaa stars try to get a job on other teams ,...(on the bench),....not Avila ( yes he's paid a lot) but we did dump Soolsma , and we are the worse for it....

PS....I know somewhere each years ST's costs are stated but not sure where I can find the break-down....say yellow and light grey's??

Where are you hearing the rumours of the price reduction?

narduch
10-13-2012, 11:19 AM
I had a bizarre moment of clarity this morning. TFC are holding back renewal notices until Canada finishes this round of World Cup qualifying. This is strangely brilliant.

If Canada qualifies for the Hex then TFC has a great feel good story to tie in with season ticket renewals. It only takes a moment for many people being on a soccer high to get them to buy or renew.

If Canada qualifies for the Hex expect a renewal notice trumpeting the fact that Canada was playing at BMO field with past TFC stars!!!

This doesn't make any sense to me.

If anything, Canada advancing is a good reason not to renew. As you know you will pretty much get about 5 dates to go to BMO Field to watch actual good soccer.

jazzy
10-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Where are you hearing the rumours of the price reduction?

I shouldn't say....(probably getting in deeper),..lol....I just always like to hint when I feel the source is reliable......it is and if true will be announced this week ,...and WILL BE a reduction .......

ensco
10-13-2012, 11:46 AM
^The details matter. A trivial reduction will be worse than holding the line. For me.

I want sincere acknowledgement of where we are. No more story-telling.

greatwhitenorf
10-13-2012, 11:54 AM
It'll take a serious drop to get me to renew. Something like 25%. Otherwise scores of cheap tickets are available from other sources. Geez, two friends bought a pair of row 10 east side tix, above the box toward midfield, for $25 bucks. Arrived at gate 3 close to kickoff, guy approached and offered, little haggling. Missed kickoff by 4 mins. Even the scalpers are desperate.

I can work with that or the other deals out there.

jazzy
10-13-2012, 11:55 AM
^The details matter. A trivial reduction will be worse than holding the line. For me.

thats why I was asking about a comparison of all the years prices ,.of a yellow / light grey..??...to determine if the drop is reasonable....

narduch
10-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Yellow was $361 to renew last year.

They were $200 in season 1.

Canary10
10-13-2012, 12:29 PM
thats why I was asking about a comparison of all the years prices ,.of a yellow / light grey..??...to determine if the drop is reasonable....

Well that's very good news if true. Mine are in the dark greys. Very curious to see the pricing on those.

I don't even care that much how much the drop is. For me this is a purely symbolic move for TFC to give back to the fans who have had to deal with a shambolic organization for two long. Whatever they reduce prices by will be a gauge on how much they value in monetary terms the shit they've fed us for six years.

Dave67
10-13-2012, 12:37 PM
This doesn't make any sense to me.

If anything, Canada advancing is a good reason not to renew. As you know you will pretty much get about 5 dates to go to BMO Field to watch actual good soccer.

It's all about catching people on a high. The general public will get excited about Canadian soccer and in a moment of weakness they will buy TFC tickets because they are on a soccer high and TFC will be marketing at them. I'm pretty sure it's happened in the past after World cups and Euro championships.

Mark in Ottawa
10-13-2012, 02:20 PM
wonder what they're going to say now? next season can't get any worse?
Everytime I hear that expression "it can't get any worse" I remember the late great sportswriter Earl McRae.
Earl used to say that when your heard someone say that it was your duty to run right over and kick em in the shins to prove how wrong they were! ;)

tiberius
10-13-2012, 09:39 PM
It'll take a serious drop to get me to renew. Something like 25%. Otherwise scores of cheap tickets are available from other sources. Geez, two friends bought a pair of row 10 east side tix, above the box toward midfield, for $25 bucks. Arrived at gate 3 close to kickoff, guy approached and offered, little haggling. Missed kickoff by 4 mins. Even the scalpers are desperate.

I can work with that or the other deals out there.

A pair of tix for the DC game? $1.25!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Toronto-FC-TFC-Tickets-October-6-vs-DC-United-Toronto-/120994666046?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item1c2bd8163e

Ya gotta love the guy who bid a buck, but didn't think they were worth a buck and a half...

At that price - 17 home games will run you about $20 for the season... for a pair!!!

Not sure that the FO can beat ebay's pricing - just sayin....

Couchy81
10-13-2012, 10:05 PM
A pair of tix for the DC game? $1.25!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Toronto-FC-TFC-Tickets-October-6-vs-DC-United-Toronto-/120994666046?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item1c2bd8163e

Ya gotta love the guy who bid a buck, but didn't think they were worth a buck and a half...

At that price - 17 home games will run you about $20 for the season... for a pair!!!

Not sure that the FO can beat ebay's pricing - just sayin....

lol classic... in the saddest way possible

jazzy
10-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Well that's very good news if true. Mine are in the dark greys. Very curious to see the pricing on those.

I don't even care that much how much the drop is. For me this is a purely symbolic move for TFC to give back to the fans who have had to deal with a shambolic organization for two long. Whatever they reduce prices by will be a gauge on how much they value in monetary terms the shit they've fed us for six years.

wish I could say more but this is an open forum,..so. ..from what I hear it will be an all around drop,...and I feel significant if info is correct..., it helps me feel better that my wife can enjoy her soccer...although how I will still watch Mr. M..and mgmt is beyond me.........of course they're not giving the seats away but it seems they are reaching out......soon ....

nfitz
10-14-2012, 09:19 AM
thats why I was asking about a comparison of all the years prices ,.of a yellow / light grey..??...to determine if the drop is reasonable....I've got the last 4-5 years in a spreadsheet somewhere. I can dig it out to summarize for yellow/light grey if you want.

Though in yellow it's been based on $19 game and $21 in light-grey the last couple of years. And $17 a game and $19 in light-grey the year before that (with double that for international friendlies and MLS Cup).

jazzy
10-14-2012, 12:04 PM
I've got the last 4-5 years in a spreadsheet somewhere. I can dig it out to summarize for yellow/light grey if you want.

Though in yellow it's been based on $19 game and $21 in light-grey the last couple of years. And $17 a game and $19 in light-grey the year before that (with double that for international friendlies and MLS Cup).

k...maybe they are going to drop to a certain past year......I'll bet not first seasons of course...thats why I'm curious on the % mark-ups each year...and I know I did read in ?the past a spreadsheat somewhere....??......and each year has it's differences , which games are included,...there are so many deviations that can be manipulated of course so that it seems we're getting a break yet actually pay more .,,..like tax cuts haha

tfc2008
10-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Renew are not, nobody care the sell it so to others, there are a lots off people who like to buy the seats how bad it is.

nfitz
10-14-2012, 02:21 PM
k...maybe they are going to drop to a certain past year......I'll bet not first seasons of course...thats why I'm curious on the % mark-ups each year...and I know I did read in ?the past a spreadsheat somewhere....??......and each year has it's differences , which games are included,...there are so many deviations that can be manipulated of course so that it seems we're getting a break yet actually pay more .,,..like tax cuts haha

Here are the prices per game that the ticket packages are based on:

Yellow
Light Grey
Light Blue
Medium Grey
Dark Red
Dark Blue
Red

2007*

2011†

2011‡

* 2007 Early Bird Pricing
† Doesn't account for free game
‡ Accounts for free game

The renewing seasons prices are based on the above amount for a regular game, and double for a premium game. 2011 was complicated, as they threw in a 1-game discount at the last minute, and charged 2010 prices for the 2010 MLS cup which was after renewal. For 2007, they appear to have either assumed there would be 2.5 premium games, or 5 friendlies, but at the regular price, so I'm guessing a bit on the per/game cost they used.

Yellow
Light Grey
Light Blue
Medium Grey
Dark Red
Dark Blue
Red

2007*

2011‡

* 2007 Early Bird Pricing
‡ Accounts for free game

I think this is all correct, I've pulled out of various notes I have, and some searching old forums and Internet Archives. But I could have easily made a typo somewhere.

Auzzy
10-14-2012, 08:27 PM
^ Not sure if I comprehend. I renewed Medium Gray for 2012, it was $750 per seat for the season.

nfitz
10-15-2012, 06:23 AM
^ Not sure if I comprehend. I renewed Medium Gray for 2012, it was $750 per seat for the season.Are you sure? The 2012 renewal page is still on-line - http://tfc.mlserenewal.com/ and if you select pricing it says $646 for medium grey including HST. I was in light-grey, and my invoice was $399, and after I switched to yellow, I got a $38 credit.

If you were a new season holder in 2011 then back in 2011 you'd have paid the $712+$38 new STH fee for $750 a seat back in 2011, but should have been $646 a seat in 2012.

narduch
10-15-2012, 07:45 AM
Thank for those numbers nfitz.

I still can't believe they tried to charge us $433 for yellows on the 2011 renewal. And proceeded to poorly explain it as well.

nfitz
10-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Thank for those numbers nfitz.

I still can't believe they tried to charge us $433 for yellows on the 2011 renewal. And proceeded to poorly explain it as well.Ah yes, their aborted first attempt, that would have been a 21-game package (including 2 championship league games) + MLS Cup, instead of the 19-game MLS Cup package that they later tossed in a free game. I left that one off the table to simplify things, but that seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Personally, I think they messed it up back with the $3 to $6 increases back in 2010 - but there didn't seem to be as much protest, partially because it was somewhat hidden as they also reduced the package from 18 games+friendly to 17 games+friendly. Though other than yellow and light grey, they haven't raised prices much since then.

Red CB Toronto
10-15-2012, 08:46 AM
The deadline for Impact season seat holders is this Friday and the TFC FO has not released a even a little shred of info regarding their 2013 renewal process, what gives?

Fort York Redcoat
10-15-2012, 08:47 AM
We will know by then, C.

Ben - D.O.W.
10-15-2012, 09:22 AM

I think that is the best way I've heard this whole mess described.

Wagner
10-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Cblake,
it would seem logical that we would hear something this week or next.
it is the last home game this week, attention will drop off dramatically after the final home game.
Paul did say something about the end of October.
we are now in the second half of the month.

Joe Kool
10-15-2012, 09:37 AM
The deadline for Impact season seat holders is this Friday and the TFC FO has not released a even a little shred of info regarding their 2013 renewal process, what gives?

We have had a shred (received 09/20 in my inbox)...but just a shred.

We have received some questions from Season Seat Holders asking when they will hear about 2013 Season Seats Renewals. We are in the process of finalizing the 2013 Season Ticket Package and putting the finishing touches on the renewal website.

You should expect to receive your 2013 Renewal details in the last two weeks of October. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact your Toronto FC Service Representative at 416-360-GOAL (4625).

Sincerely,

http://image.mlsefanmail.com/lib/fed316717160047c/m/3/PaulBeirne.jpg
Paul Beirne
Sr. Director, Business Operations
Toronto FC

DangerRed
10-15-2012, 09:54 AM
For me it's not even about a price reduction anymore. I can get virtually any ticket to any game, sometimes for below price, in the aftermarket. I can, but I won't. Why? Because the product is simply not something I can watch anymore. To give up entire afternoons of my life to watch this utter and complete mess with no hope in sight (Remember Uncle Paul and The Earl Himself are staying on next season) is the real price that I don't want to pay. I went to three games this year, down from EVERY HOME GAME last season. Don't see my attendance rebounding dramatically in 2013 - certainly not over some 10 or 15 percent price reduction.

I want a regime change.

greatwhitenorf
10-15-2012, 05:25 PM
What I can't get over is that these smug twerps are planning to hold a season's end party to let us mix and mingle with players and coaches. Lambs to the slaughter.

No mention if FO staff will be present. I'm not going but if I did, and I saw some of the management team, I'd be tossed out within minutes. Apart from Eckersley, O'DayO, Dunfield, Morgan, maybe Lambe, I don't have a civil thing to say to them.

boozilla
10-15-2012, 07:15 PM
I want a regime change.
Yes.
And I just want my money's worth.
A couple months ago a price reduction would have sufficed.
Now, I can't justify enabling MLSE's incompetence with my $$.
I'll be back when I see a vision.

JayMolly
10-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Yes.
And I just want my money's worth.
A couple months ago a price reduction would have sufficed.
Now, I can't justify enabling MLSE's incompetence with my $$.
I'll be back when I see a vision.

This has been a BIGGER disappointment that we could have imagined.

I'm going to the final home game. The chances of being one of the 500 selections is slim.

But if I could go, speaking with and/or watching how the likes of Ecks and O'Day handled themselves or how they feel about the proverbial "next year", perhaps, could improve our dream or vision.

J&M

JayMolly
10-15-2012, 07:55 PM
This has been a BIGGER disappointment that we could have imagined.

I'm going to the final home game. The chances of being one of the 500 selections is slim.

But if I could go, speaking with and/or watching how the likes of Ecks and O'Day handled themselves or how they feel about the proverbial "next year", perhaps, could improve our dream or vision.

J&M

Sorry Darren, spelled your name wrong.

jazzy
10-15-2012, 07:57 PM
nice spreadsheet nfitz....my question is similar to others, it will all be in the 'packaging'....how many games and what is included......basically I believe our next year prices are there in the spreadsheet let's say in the past........but if they just make us pay for regular season games and individually pay for everything else (insane of course but?)...or do they keep the joke of 'premium' games .....I've looked at the figures and am agast at the percent rise since inception.....lets just say the rumours I've heard I'll believe them when it's announced as all of you,...they may be substantial.......even I am extremely cautious especially after seeing the spreadsheet.....after paying close to $20 (with a tip),..pure madness,..lol,.. dollars at RUSH last night,....I'm starting to feel we are very small peas in a large pod....

Auzzy
10-16-2012, 05:25 PM
So, I was wondering... Was TFC hoping for some positive vibes from the CanMNT qualifying for the hex before releasing 2013 season ticket info?

And about the medium gray renewal prices for 2012 -- just checked my invoice, they were in fact $646 each, got it confused with the previous year (new SSH for 2011).

Dave67
10-16-2012, 06:19 PM
So, I was wondering... Was TFC hoping for some positive vibes from the CanMNT qualifying for the hex before releasing 2013 season ticket info?

And about the medium gray renewal prices for 2012 -- just checked my invoice, they were in fact $646 each, got it confused with the previous year (new SSH for 2011).

We'll never know. It was the only potential feel good story they could hitch onto. Oops.

Maybe they'll wait to see if Vancouver makes the playoffs. Then they can try and sell us on a 'Hey TFC fan!!! Great news, it's possible for a Canadian MLS team to succeed! Secure your 2013 season ticket today!!!* Vancouver game at premium pricing'

cmonyoureds
10-16-2012, 08:52 PM

You're expecting me to believe they even knew the CMNT was playing today?

Auzzy
10-16-2012, 09:24 PM
You're expecting me to believe they even knew the CMNT was playing today?

Well, they put an article on their website before the game, with a picture of our supreme box-to-box midfielder, and Asif was tweeting up a storm during the game, so yeah they might have known about it.

gomesv
10-17-2012, 06:51 AM
Well, they put an article on their website before the game, with a picture of our supreme box-to-box midfielder, and Asif was tweeting up a storm during the game, so yeah they might have known about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if ML$E are secretly happy at the loss of CMNT, I for one was counting on 5 fixtures next year to get my football fix, and it would have been entertaining football, now all we have left is a crappy alternative, shitty hoof ball. Still not renewing!

Fort York Redcoat
10-17-2012, 07:16 AM
I think very few people will use TFC as a replacement for the National team fix. I wish the National team were that popular.

narduch
10-17-2012, 07:19 AM
I think very few people will use TFC as a replacement for the National team fix. I wish the National team were that popular.

This is totally anecdotal, but as I was leaving Friday's game, I did hear a few people discussing how if Canada advanced they would drop their TFC seasons and just watch Canada play next year.

I was pondering the same thing. Of course I still may renew with a price reduction and management change.

cmonyoureds
10-17-2012, 09:04 AM

LOL. I guess sarcasm just doesn't translate well enough through web posting.

BritSOL
10-18-2012, 10:02 AM
http://newsthump.com/2012/10/18/football-fans-urged-to-shop-around-for-cheaper-clubs-to-support/

Any ideas on an alternative? g:D

Oldtimer
10-18-2012, 10:07 AM
http://newsthump.com/2012/10/18/football-fans-urged-to-shop-around-for-cheaper-clubs-to-support/

Any ideas on an alternative? g:D

I guess that's the UK's answer to the Onion? Pretty good satire.

TOBOR !
10-18-2012, 10:17 AM
MLSE : reminding us about 1967 since 1996

Yohan
10-18-2012, 10:23 AM
For comparison, BBC study on prices at English clubs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19984968

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397

brad
10-18-2012, 10:44 AM
For comparison, BBC study on prices at English clubs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19984968

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397

Interesting. Cheapest season at BMO this year $399 (new purchase, not renewal), which works out to £252 based on todays exchange. Most expensive is $1330 or £840.

The low end prices are pretty favorable. There some teams in each division that are around the same price, but for the most part - you are looking at League 2 to Conference level pricing. On the high end, you are into EPL price ranges.

I've never put much stock into comparing our tickets prices to those overseas though, as the cost of pretty much everything is different.

gomesv
10-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Interesting. Cheapest season at BMO this year $399 (new purchase, not renewal), which works out to £252 based on todays exchange. Most expensive is $1330 or £840.

The low end prices are pretty favorable. There some teams in each division that are around the same price, but for the most part - you are looking at League 2 to Conference level pricing. On the high end, you are into EPL price ranges.

I've never put much stock into comparing our tickets prices to those overseas though, as the cost of pretty much everything is different.

Two quick points
1. I believe our most expensive seat is in the 1600.00 range
2. Watching TFC isn't exactly watching Arsenal or any premier league team, it's absolutely crazy that our pricing is in the same ball park

Alonso
10-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Two quick points
2. Watching TFC isn't exactly watching Arsenal or any premier league team, it's absolutely crazy that our pricing is in the same ball park

$435 to watch Manchester City for a season, now that's a deal!

cmonyoureds
10-18-2012, 11:33 AM
I have a wildly speculative theory that in the business world of MLSE, they are waiting as long as possible to see if there will be profits from the hockey branch this year before deciding what TFC prices will be.

If there's hockey, we may see a discount.
If there's no hockey, prices remain and they'll take their chances.

cmonyoureds
10-18-2012, 11:34 AM
$435 to watch Manchester City for a season, now that's a deal!

Is it worth a board ban to respond properly to that barn door left wide open? :drinking:

Alonso
10-18-2012, 11:38 AM
I say yes. Most definitely g:D

Alonso
10-18-2012, 11:40 AM
I have a wildly speculative theory that in the business world of MLSE, they are waiting as long as possible to see if there will be profits from the hockey branch this year before deciding what TFC prices will be.

If there's hockey, we may see a discount.
If there's no hockey, prices remain and they'll take their chances.

That would be suicide because they would end up making less money then if they dropped season ticket prices.

cmonyoureds
10-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Well played sir. Well played.

cmonyoureds
10-18-2012, 11:44 AM
That would be suicide because they would end up making less money then if they dropped season ticket prices.

I see your point but one could argue 2009, 2010, 2011........... not exactly a history of being willing to try your theory.

Canary10
10-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Apparently Anselmi is meeting with TFC media now and seasons tickets is the agenda.

Canary10
10-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Wow, year 1 pricing.

Alonso
10-18-2012, 11:51 AM
I see your point but one could argue 2009, 2010, 2011........... not exactly a history of being willing to try your theory.

Yeah history has something to say on this for sure, but you should remember in 2010 they did back track after renewals tanked. http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/10/22/toronto-fc-offers-free-game-to-angry-fans/

They ended up giving the first game for free, freezing prices and extended the renewal deadline by a week because a whole whack of people didn't renew including myself.

This year it will be 10 times worse. This season has been the proverbial straw that broke the camels back.

Alonso
10-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Wow, year 1 pricing.

Link please

Alonso
10-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Wow, year 1 pricing.

Link please

*Why does this double posting keep happening? My interwebes is broken...

Pinkie
10-18-2012, 11:53 AM
aaand at that price I'm definitely renewing.

edit: picture from Jason Devos http://twitpic.com/b5agbe

nfitz
10-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Wow, year 1 pricing.Year 1 per game, better than year 1 per season. Year 1 was based on 15 MLS games, and up to 5 friendlies. And there year 1 price per game is based on the season price divided by 20.

2013 looks to be based on 17 MLS games + 2 Voyageurs Cup games, for a total of 19 games. Season prices for 2012 look to be 5% lower than 2007 (in yellow and light grey at least) at $190 and $228, compared to $200 and $240 in 2007.

I might add a second seat at that price!

leafsman
10-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Fuck MLSE greed. I am pretty sure I won't renew as their north end prices are fucking bullshit. Drop every section. Significantly expect the north. Just called the assholes and they said its not a supporter section and they reduced north seats last year so they don't get another reduction this year.

Fort York Redcoat
10-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Year one pricing and no commitment to Mariner.

Fort York Redcoat
10-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Fuck MLSE greed. I am pretty sure I won't renew as their north end prices are fucking bullshit. Drop every section. Significantly expect the north. Just called the assholes and they said its not a supporter section and they reduced north seats last year so they don't get another reduction this year.

Did you ask about relocation?

brad
10-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Two quick points

Right. I just looked at the seating prices again - I looked main price block, not the premium. Club seats are $1691. Still, even at $1300, we are higher than most of the EPL teams high end tickets. At $1691, it's a even worse

You are only looking at the high end though. At the low end, our pricing is in line with lower divisions, and at a quick glance, most aligned with the conference pricing - that's non-league, semi professional football.

What it say to me, is if you place any stock in comparing our prices to Englands (which, as I mentioned, I don't) at the high end you are getting ripped off, and at the low end, it's a pretty good deal.

I've watched a fair number of conference games live, and even in TFC's dreadful incarnation, the quality is better than non-league football in England.

Pookie's comparisons to other MLS teams are more valid IMHO, but even then, comparing us to the US on pricing I think is also invalid. Things are cheaper in the US.

rowjimi
10-18-2012, 12:24 PM
I have to decide now because the North Stands got the shaft in this structure. Went above the medium grey pricing.

leafsman
10-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Did you ask about relocation?

Asked if my brothers friend can transfer one of his pairs to me and the said no. At that point I didn't want to talk anymore. Didn't ask about regular relocation.

Fort York Redcoat
10-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Asked if my brothers friend can transfer one of his pairs to me and the said no. At that point I didn't want to talk anymore. Didn't ask about regular relocation.

Well they have a regular relocation. You could get something cheaper. I'd recommend it if you're unsatisfied with the price you're paying...

Wagner
10-18-2012, 12:31 PM
I renewed.

Payment plan is available.

Relocation event is NOT firm at all.
but was told to expect early to mid December.

Oldtimer
10-18-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm sure that lots of people will be dropping tickets even with the price drop. Cheaper tickets should be available.

nfitz
10-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Fuck MLSE greed. I am pretty sure I won't renew as their north end prices are fucking bullshit. Drop every section. Significantly expect the north. Just called the assholes and they said its not a supporter section and they reduced north seats last year so they don't get another reduction this year.North section was originally priced between medium-grey and dark grey. They were $45 a seat in 2011, compared to $27 a seat in 2013. Medium-grey was $34 a seat in 2011 compared to $25 a seat in 2013.

There was a huge reduction in light-blue prices last year. 2013 light-blue prices are 40% lower than 2011, compared to only 27% in medium grey, 20% in dark grey. Light grey prices are 43% lower than 2011.

I was surprised they didn't keep light blue at less than, or equal to light-grey though. Otherwise, I'm actually surprised how low the prices have gone.

backbeat
10-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Year one pricing and no commitment to Mariner.

i don't know about that - sounds like they are committed to PM:

Head coach Paul Mariner and his staff will have the full support of Anselmi and the new MLSE board to deliver results on the pitch.
“We are going to look at the whole operation and expect recommendations and plans at the end of this season. This is the first full offseason Paul will have and if there’s a need, we’ll look at it. That’s not the issue, the issue is the team needs to get it right.”

leafsman
10-18-2012, 12:51 PM
So my understanding is Based on what my bro said when he called is you have to commit before relocation. Gonna drop them ans get tickets from friend when he can't go.

ensco
10-18-2012, 12:59 PM
i don't know about that - sounds like they are committed to PM:

Head coach Paul Mariner and his staff will have the full support of Anselmi and the new MLSE board to deliver results on the pitch.
“We are going to look at the whole operation and expect recommendations and plans at the end of this season. This is the first full offseason Paul will have and if there’s a need, we’ll look at it. That’s not the issue, the issue is the team needs to get it right.”

I could wallpaper my bathroom with all the stuff they sent us signed by, or referencing optimistic statements by, Winter, during the 16 months he was here.

glaze
10-18-2012, 01:02 PM

They completely screwed my seat transfer the year. Despite a paper trail of evidence, they never made any move to fix their error. The reps seem to be pretty arrogant in every dealing that I have had with them, in the past as a someone receiving the ransom pack offer, to being a half season package holder, to being a full SSH.

That said, at this price I will renew my single. It was a smart move by tfc, I was anticipating being able to pick up an extra seat and remain in light grey, however I think at these rates, not many lower end tickets will be on the market.

Joe Kool
10-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Complimentary Ticket –Montreal Impact vs. Toronto FC
As a renewing Season Seat Holder, you will be allocated one ticket per seat in your account to the opening match of Toronto FC’s 2013 MLS regular season against the Montreal Impact at Olympic Stadium in Montreal. Match date and time to be determined at the sole discretion of Major League Soccer.
Toronto FC will be offering Season Seat Holders limited transportation to and from the event, details of which will be released in the New Year.

Toronto_Bhoy
10-18-2012, 01:20 PM
Too little too late for me.^^

Free ticket to see the same shite?

Get tae fuck.

Belfast_Boy
10-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Complimentary Ticket –Montreal Impact vs. Toronto FC
As a renewing Season Seat Holder, you will be allocated one ticket per seat in your account to the opening match of Toronto FC’s 2013 MLS regular season against the Montreal Impact at Olympic Stadium in Montreal. Match date and time to be determined at the sole discretion of Major League Soccer.
Toronto FC will be offering Season Seat Holders limited transportation to and from the event, details of which will be released in the New Year.

what! wow, feels like someone is rubbing my balls!

cmonyoureds
10-18-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm a partial pack holder for 2 seats. Not sure what that will mean on new pricing.
However as a gold/red whatever color of the rainbow they're using these days for the alleged waiting list - I'd still only buy a full season at the the lowest prices.

nascarguy
10-18-2012, 03:29 PM
time for a new poll now that the price is lower now.. Now that the price lower I'll look to see about get a ticket for supporter area
but I still plan to be at gate 4

dupont
10-18-2012, 04:58 PM
I just renewed. Fuck it. I'm a masochist.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-18-2012, 05:06 PM
$190...did i just see this right?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-18-2012, 05:10 PM
they definitly gave back to the supporters...$10bucks a game....We have RANTED....and they have listened! And for that good on MLSE!

I'll Renew now

jloome
10-18-2012, 06:03 PM
I could wallpaper my bathroom with all the stuff they sent us signed by, or referencing optimistic statements by, Winter, during the 16 months he was here.

LOL, year one pricing? They're stealing my ideas man! Go back a couple of pages in Mark's protest thread....

Mind you, I'm still surprised they did it.

Oi, Tom: If you're listening, fire that nitwit Mariner. Hire Colin Clarke, let him bring in his own assistant. (1 for 812 so far, but fingers crossed, I'm on a run.....)

tfc2008
10-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Hey. Complainers.People who still complaining about the prices, please give up your seat and we don't have enymore to read your crap.

Waggy
10-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Hey. Complainers.People who still complaining about the prices, please give up your seat and we don't have enymore to read your crap.

Not to derail the thread, but why is your name tfc2008 when you joined in 09?

And I'd say over 6 years, anyone who has ever given .01 to TFC has earned the right to complain about whatever they want about the club. Besides, not every ticket had it's price reduced, only some did. If I had tickets and they DIDN'T get rolled back I'd be madder than ever, and really who could blame me

Belfast_Boy
10-18-2012, 06:40 PM
LOL, year one pricing? They're stealing my ideas man! Go back a couple of pages in Mark's protest thread....

Mind you, I'm still surprised they did it.

Oi, Tom: If you're listening, fire that nitwit Mariner. Hire Colin Clarke, let him bring in his own assistant. (1 for 812 so far, but fingers crossed, I'm on a run.....)

That's too funny. Can you please post that we pick up a dp hat isn't fragile and that I find a nice veal sandwich waiting for me at home?
Have to admit this was well played by Anselmi. The season is in the shitter, fans are unhappy and they needed something big to entice us once again. What up for next season?
I have a prediction. Mariner will still be around next season then chopped at the end of the 2013 when they don't make the playoffs.

jloome
10-18-2012, 09:15 PM
That's too funny. Can you please post that we pick up a dp hat isn't fragile and that I find a nice veal sandwich waiting for me at home?
Have to admit this was well played by Anselmi. The season is in the shitter, fans are unhappy and they needed something big to entice us once again. What up for next season?
I have a prediction. Mariner will still be around next season then chopped at the end of the 2013 when they don't make the playoffs.

I suspect he won't make it.

I think Anselmi may have finally seen that he's got to look to outside sources of info, thus the suggestion of a new soccer president. A new president , if he's qualified, will not be impressed by the coach he's being saddled with and will want a new one.

If Anselmi's really thinking, he'll already be inquiring into Mariner's prior time at Plymouth, and the nonsense with Bermuda.

KGH
10-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Anyone else notice the lack of Danny K in any of the promo material for next year?

Alonso
10-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Anyone else notice the lack of Danny K in any of the promo material for next year?

Yup.

I really hope he's back next year... the goals to game ratio is bananas!

If we could only get one solid year out of the guy...

Auzzy
10-18-2012, 10:34 PM

Danny's the first guy shown in the video up front at http://tfc.mlserenewal.com/

brad
10-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Yup.

I really hope he's back next year... the goals to game ratio is bananas!

If we could only get one solid year out of the guy...

Second best strike rate in the history of the league (when excluding the players that only made a minimal number of appearances and scored). I think 10 games minimum was the cut off in the article I read.

Gringo Starr
10-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Watching the news on ctv tonight there was a segment about report cards and they had interviews with parents. I swear one of them is Danny K, it was kinda surreal but if it is Danny K I see it as a good sign that he remains in Toronto and settled in

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/teachers-advised-by-union-to-keep-report-card-comments-to-bare-minimum-1.1000720

near the end of the segment

Ajax TFC
10-18-2012, 11:44 PM
Watching the news on ctv tonight there was a segment about report cards and they had interviews with parents. I swear one of them is Danny K, it was kinda surreal but if it is Danny K I see it as a good sign that he remains in Toronto and settled in

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/teachers-advised-by-union-to-keep-report-card-comments-to-bare-minimum-1.1000720

yeah I saw that earlier, it definitely is him. No possible way that there's another person in Toronto who looks exactly like him, sounds like him, and talks like him. I find it hilarious that they clearly don't know who he is. I guess that's part of why he came here though

Alonso
10-19-2012, 01:15 AM

100% Danny Koevs... no doubt at all...

I love this forum, we find and dig up the most obscure stuff as a group it's pretty spectacular.

Danny looks fit to, not too many pies this time around in his recovery I think.

Great to see, and yeah it's funny that the reporter has no idea that this is a million dollar athlete for one of the cities professional teams. Fucking awesome...

Also as a side note, to any one watching the video, the first one is Kitchener based with no Danny, the second one is Toronto based with Danny and they are virtually the same news piece except for the parent interviews and the shots of the neighbourhood and school.

TOBOR !
10-19-2012, 06:57 AM
^ I watched the Kitchener one three times before figuring that out !... but yeah, it's Danny alright.

Gringo Starr
10-19-2012, 11:54 AM
^ I watched the Kitchener one three times before figuring that out !... but yeah, it's Danny alright.

Ooops sorry about that, I should have mentioned that myself. The Kitchener news could probably use the extra viewers though...

KGH
10-19-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm back in for 2013.

Oldtimer
10-21-2012, 08:35 AM
New Poll (given the revised prices) here:

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?32948-New-Renewing-Not-renewing-poll