PDA

View Full Version : and so it begins (or the 'my name's Tucker, not Sucker' TFC 2013 ST renewal thread)

TOBOR !
09-07-2012, 08:32 AM
In the next few weeks we will be communicating the 2013 renewal process; in advance of that BMO would like to give all Toronto FC Season Seat Holders a very special offer.

By signing up for the BMO Toronto FC Master Card and using the card to renew your Season Seat account, BMO will give you the brand new 2013 Toronto FC Home Jersey for free . Be the first to have the new jersey by signing up for this great offer.

Receive the newly designed 2013 Toronto FC jersey (an approximate value of $120) when you renew your season tickets for the 2013 season using your BMO® Toronto FC MasterCard®*!1

http://image.mlsefanmail.com/lib/fed316717160047c/m/3/BMO+Mastercard.JPG

If you don't already have a BMO Toronto FC MasterCard you can apply today at bmo.com/tfc. Once approved, you should receive your MasterCard within 10-15 business days.

Paul Beirne
Senior Director Business Operations
Toronto FC

1. In order to receive a certificate redeemable at Real Sports Apparel for an official 2013 Toronto FC jersey, you must renew your Toronto FC Season Ticket Account prior to Final Renewal Deadline using your BMO Toronto FC MasterCard. There is a limit of one 2013 Toronto FC jersey for each season ticket account holder renewing their season tickets. Offer subject to change without notice. ®/™ Registered trade-marks/ ®*/™* Registered trade-marks/trade-marks o f MasterCard International Incorporated. © 2012 MLS. All Major League Soccer properties used by permission. All rights reserved

I wonder how many will fall for this ?

note - 19.9% interest rate - bwahahahahahahaha ! you'll probably spend more than $120 in interest on your ST purchase by the time you've paid it back.

Phil
09-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Hahaha, so when Montreal does it a lot of people were applauding it coupled with their price drop.

If TFC does it, then the cynical response takes over.

I don't care either way about this promotion, but the negativity here is just amazing.

Oldtimer
09-07-2012, 08:38 AM
I remember when I would have loved to have had a TFC card...

TOBOR !
09-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Hahaha, so when Montreal does it a lot of people were applauding it coupled with their price drop.

I don't care either way about this promotion, but the negativity here is just amazing.

I don't get your meaning.

eustacchio
09-07-2012, 08:41 AM
If you really wanted to, you could get the stupid credit card, purchase your STs, pay them off (or transfer the balance to a lower interest card/line of credit) and then cancel the stupid card.

Phil
09-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Just saying some guys were saying that Montreal doing this exact same promotion was viewed as a good thing (by some) in the other threads.

When TFC do it, its seen as negative.

Phil
09-07-2012, 08:43 AM
If you really wanted to, you could get the stupid credit card, purchase your STs, pay them off (or transfer the balance to a lower interest card/line of credit) and then cancel the stupid card.

I was thinking of doing just that, hey - free jersey.

If anyone is planning to renew of course.

TOBOR !
09-07-2012, 08:47 AM
it's not really about the card, though.

It's the renewal campaign.

How do we sell the prospect of watching another year of this crap to the masses ? Give away a shirt ? But that's a revenue loss of $120 per shirt. Get BMO to cover it ? How ? Tell the customers that to receive this offer they have to use a BMO Mastercard that has 20% interest ? They'll recover their costs in no time. Genius.

It's them appearing to be giving concessions whilst not really doing so.

Ultra & Proud
09-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Just saying some guys were saying that Montreal doing this exact same promotion was viewed as a good thing (by some) in the other threads.

Some people just want to see anything connected with TFC as negative.

Some people seem to just want TFC to fail.

And then complain about it.

On a TFC Supporters Forum.

TOBOR !
09-07-2012, 08:49 AM

I didn't realize they were doing the shirt thing as well, but they do have the same shirt sponsor as us, so I guess that makes sense.

This is a BMO promotion, not a TFC/IdM promotion.

Let's see what the next 'carrot' is.

Phil
09-07-2012, 08:51 AM

How do we sell the prospect of watching another year of this crap to the masses ? Give away a shirt ? But that's a revenue loss of $120 per shirt. Get BMO to cover it ? How ? Tell the customers that to receive this offer they have to use a BMO Mastercard that has 20% interest ? They'll recover their costs in no time. Genius.

I think the two things are seperate.

Montreal has the exact same promotion. Its something to do with BMO and the clubs designed to drive up the card holder presence.

I think you are reading WAY into this based off it happening with both their partners.

If you pay the balance off right away, there is no interest either, it only collects if you carry the balance.

But anyhow, whatever. I will drop it, seems very straight forward in my mind, don't like it, don't do it.

TOBOR !
09-07-2012, 08:53 AM

*misses point*

Is there a thread revealing that we're all hooked up to a subconcious network and that the last 6 years have been a program-induced nightmare ?

And that all the while TFC have been winning Championships ?

Because if there is I've missed it.

Phil
09-07-2012, 08:55 AM
I didn't realize they were doing the shirt thing as well, but they do have the same shirt sponsor as us, so I guess that makes sense.

This is a BMO promotion, not a TFC/IdM promotion.

Let's see what the next 'carrot' is.

Fair enough, its all good :D

mastermixer
09-07-2012, 08:58 AM
If the email was signed by the President of BMO then feedback can be directed towards him/her. However it's signed by one of our teams execs so therefore makes it seem like a TFC promotion.
Either way, get it, buy your tickets and pay it or transfer it. Free jersey IF you are renewing isnt too bad for a start. Lets see the prices though.

TOBOR !
09-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Phil ; Sure, pay off the balance of the season tickets right away and come out ahead by a shirt.

This works as long as you never use the card again. How many people are likely to do that ?

Yagbod
09-07-2012, 09:08 AM
I don't really care what other people said about Montreal doing it. Not relevant at all.

As for 'carrot'. My concern is that this is the carrot.

AL-MO
09-07-2012, 09:08 AM

I could care less about this card.

But yeah I'll 'applaud' Montreal. But for their GA supporter section and dropping their STH prices. Its laughable when you hear some of the stuff coming out of ours and how some things "aren't feasible" and other BS like that.

EDIT: Especially given the state of things.

eustacchio
09-07-2012, 09:09 AM
@Phil (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/member.php?u=2) ; Sure, pay off the balance of the season tickets right away and come out ahead by a shirt.

This works as long as you never use the card again. How many people are likely to do that ?

If that was your plan and you can't stick to it...

Out of curiosity, what does this card actually offer other than a one-time free jersey? Are there points associated with it? Do you get discounts on MLS merchandise?

EDIT: I'm certainly not trying to convince anyone to get this card. I won't be doing it.

Beach_Red
09-07-2012, 09:13 AM

I think you buried the lead.

The negativity isn't amazing, it's expected. That letter was signed by a guy who's been with the team since the very beginning. We've watched these guys run so many players out of town and fire a coach every season but they're still here, just as tone deaf and arrogant as always.

Phil
09-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Phil ; Sure, pay off the balance of the season tickets right away and come out ahead by a shirt.

Cancel it after?

All it takes is one letter written, or a phone call.

Or always pay the balance....then again, no interest. Anyhow, I won't go into credit card use and philosophy, but the premise that using the card is giving 20% is false unless carrying the balance.

I don't know about you guys, but when I have been renewing in the past it goes onto my CC anyway.

Phil
09-07-2012, 09:15 AM
I think you buried the lead.

The negativity isn't amazing, it's expected. That letter was signed by a guy who's been with the team since the very beginning. We've watched these guys run so many players out of town and fire a coach every season but they're still here, just as tone deaf and arrogant as always.

Oh I specifically wanted to make sure my post held that information.

I get the negativity I guess, it is expected. But I also think just looking at the promotion its misplaced to a degree. I will agree that going into next year I am frustrated about the direction of things, no doubt about it.

Ultra & Proud
09-07-2012, 09:16 AM
*misses point*

Is there a thread revealing that we're all hooked up to a subconcious network and that the last 6 years have been a program-induced nightmare ?

And that all the while TFC have been winning Championships ?

Because if there is I've missed it.
Bah, even if we won the Supporter's Shield and MLS Cup (I know it ain't happening anytime soon either) then the threads would be filled with complaints about a whole lot of other stuff believe me (potentially raising ticket prices for sure).

Sometimes I think there are a certain amount of people who couldn't give two shits about TFC or Football for that matter who just want to have a place to come to and continually complain about stuff because they have nothing better to do with their time.

Suds
09-07-2012, 09:16 AM

Have to agree. As I posted in the other thread, this is more to do with becoming a customer of BMO than a SSH with TFC. Or to put it another way, since you're a customer of both companies and they are partners, they are offering you a bonus for doing business with them.

I don't see this as a negative thing form TFC. It's a bonus for those who are BMO customers. Pricing of tickets is the high runner for me moving forward. Not a giveaway of a jersey.

jabbronies
09-07-2012, 09:28 AM
if you are swayed to renew your season ticket solely based on this promotion, than you are a sucker and an idiot.

However, if you were already going to renew your tickets, than you should game this promotion and get a free jersey. You'd be crazy not to. Just make sure it's an official jersey and not some BMO promotional knock off.

I think a viable option has already been posted in this thread.

MartinUtd
09-07-2012, 09:34 AM
lol Paul Bernie. He works so hard and achieves so little.

London
09-07-2012, 09:39 AM
other teams allow fans to pay over 12 months,

TFC has found a way to do this with TFC getting all the cash up front rather then waiting for payments,

TFC get the money up front and BMO gets more customers to charge 20% interest

another marketing "genius" at work

But hey, let's dangle a $2 jersey (cost) at em

Phil
09-07-2012, 09:52 AM
other teams allow fans to pay over 12 months,

TFC has found a way to do this with TFC getting all the cash up front rather then waiting for payments,

TFC get the money up front and BMO gets more customers to charge 20% interest

another marketing "genius" at work

But hey, let's dangle a $2 jersey (cost) at em

Do we really need to examine credit card interest again?

If you carry the balance, then yes it applies. If you pay it, then no, no interest.

Agreed with Ravi, if this is the promotion that sways you to renew then you are indeed a 'sucker'. However if you are renewing this is a free shirt (payed off, no interest too). A 12 month option would be nice though.

Joe Kool
09-07-2012, 09:54 AM
if you are swayed to renew your season ticket solely based on this promotion, than you are a sucker and an idiot.

However, if you were already going to renew your tickets, than you should game this promotion and get a free jersey. You'd be crazy not to. Just make sure it's an official jersey and not some BMO promotional knock off.

I got burned with this by MLSE already. I bought a Raptors mini pack that included an "official Raptors hoodie" so I assumed I was getting an Adidas hoodie that they sell in their merchandise stands. When I arrived at ACC to pick it up I found it to be some no-name brand. It was cheap quality and they only had size medium and large. The large fit like a small so I lost it on the MLSE account rep who was giving them out. He said he knows they are shoddy quality and the sizing sucks but that's what they were given. I couldn't wear one so he gave my wife the hoodie and me a t-shirt (still not Adidas). I won't fall for another MLSE giveaway thinking I am getting the same merchandise they sell at the stadium. It sounds like this one is the real jersey but it doesn't say Adidas...buyer beware...

ensco
09-07-2012, 09:55 AM
1) Credit cards have "come ons" all the time. All the mileage cards do it. In this case, it's the cost of the jersey (which is a fraction of $120, probably a very small fraction)

2) I think, if there is an issue, it's that this is incredibly small beer in the context of the over SSH prices. It's possibly a signal that there will be no real concessions on price. The less you trust TFC FO, the more you would think this.

So it's partly based in reality, partly based in the existing negative perception.

Personally, I found it cynical. The "$120" bit bugs me, decent jerseys cost less than that. They need to address the real customer dissatisfaction, not pretend it doesn't exist and deal with it via window dressing.

London
09-07-2012, 09:55 AM
^^^ i meant it as a returning customer, like stated above, most will not just order the tickets and cancel.

there is your new customer for BMO at 20% interest, there are alot of so called "suckers"

Suds
09-07-2012, 09:57 AM
1) Credit cards have "come ons" all the time. All the mileage cards do it. In this case, it's the cost of the jersey (which is a fraction of $120)

2) I think, if there is an issue, it's that this is incredibly small beer in the context of the over SSH prices. It's possibly a signal that there will be no real concessions on price. The less you trust TFC FO, the more you would think this.

So it's partly based in reality, partly based in the existing negative perception.

Personally, I found it cynical. They need to address the real customer dissatisfaction, not pretend it doesn't exist and deal with it via window dressing.

While I did not find it cynical ... maybe cyclical g:D ... I do agree with your statement on the need to address dissatisfaction amongst customers with real actions.

phonzo
09-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Are we scraping the bottom of the barrel just to get riled up about something...christ reminds me of the watch thread.

Those that want it will get it - those that don't won't. I'm honestly awestruck at times at the amount of negativity that can be generated for nothing. Save that passion for other things it's a fucking credit card....

DangerRed
09-07-2012, 10:04 AM
This is it, then? A free jersey? I wonder if prices will be higher or frozen, then. Because they definitely will not be lower.

DangerRed
09-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Are we scraping the bottom of the barrel just to get riled up about something...christ reminds me of the watch thread.

Those that want it will get it - those that don't won't. I'm honestly awestruck at times at the amount of negativity that can be generated for nothing. Save that passion for other things it's a fucking credit card....

You're missing the point. Would you be pissed if I told you that prices weren't being lowered, and perhaps actually being raised, for next year, despite the teams performance this season? You probably would be. This jersey giveaway could be seen as a leading indicator that this well may be the case.

Brooker
09-07-2012, 10:07 AM

Yup.

phonzo
09-07-2012, 10:14 AM
You're missing the point. Would you be pissed if I told you that prices weren't being lowered, and perhaps actually being raised, for next year, despite the teams performance this season? You probably would be. This jersey giveaway could be seen as a leading indicator that this well may be the case.

Actually I doubt this is it - we are so pissed off about everything on this board common sense has seemingly walked out the door. All this promotion is some fancy marketting promotion by a sponsor leveraging their contract. Nothing more nothing less....

BMO a sponsor of the team is using their sponsorship to reach out to the teams fans to offer them THE OPTION of credit card and a jersey. Nothing more - nothing less. We forget that at times business operations are separate from team operations.....

Dreadlocks
09-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Actually I doubt this is it - we are so pissed off about everything on this board common sense has seemingly walked out the door. All this promotion is some fancy marketting promotion by a sponsor leveraging their contract. Nothing more nothing less....

BMO a sponsor of the team is using their sponsorship to reach out to the teams fans to offer them THE OPTION of credit card and a jersey. Nothing more - nothing less. We forget that at times business operations are separate from team operations.....

^^This!

I think everyone here is just so pissed at the way the past 6 years have gone, everything looks like a cash grab or a smoke screen.

TOBOR !
09-07-2012, 10:28 AM
But what if this is your incentive to renew, Phil ; (or anyone else) ?

Are you satisfied ?

v00d00daddy
09-07-2012, 10:42 AM
The promotion may be the same as Montreal but the bad tastes comes with the circumstances and the fact that the promotion is attached to SSH renewals.

Montreal are competitive (especially at home).

They're lowering prices.

They're giving SSHs reasons to renew. Several of them.

We're the opposite in every way.

Yet our club still expects us to see the same treatment as some kind of reward.

It's just hard to swallow. Free jersey be damned.

Gimme some tangible reasons to renew. Not some more things with a crest on it that you've made people not care about anymore.

jabbronies
09-07-2012, 10:48 AM
But what if this is your incentive to renew, @Phil (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/member.php?u=2) ; (or anyone else) ?

Are you satisfied ?

If that person finds that a free jersey is their incentive to renew, then yes, they will be satisfied.
If it's not enough incentive to satisfy them, then they probably won't renew.

As for me, this is not an ideal incentive alone to renew.
If TFC do drop prices (which I doubt they will do), but if they did to a level I am comfortable with, then this incentive option would satisfy me.

v00d00daddy
09-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Sometimes I think there are a certain amount of people who couldn't give two shits about TFC or Football for that matter who just want to have a place to come to and continually complain about stuff because they have nothing better to do with their time.

You're the one who sounds unreasonably negative to me because you're concocting fictitious people just because you dont agree with the way some people define support.

Insinuating that people who complain about Tfc don't care about TFC isn't exactly the most positive of outlooks.

Gimme a list of reasons to be optimisitic about this team and I'll give you one 5 times as long of why I'm pessimistic.

People who take the time to post on this site obviously care about TFC more than the average person. Taking shots at them (IMO) is a sign that you'd rather question their support than argue your position as to why you're still positive.

I see one positive with this team going forward. And it's a cautious optimism at that...Darren O'Dea.

That's it. Not Henry...not Morgan..Not silva.

Not because I don't think those guys arent good but rather, because I don't see this club being able to help them succeed and reach their potential.

Phil
09-07-2012, 10:53 AM
But what if this is your incentive to renew, Phil ; (or anyone else) ?

Are you satisfied ?

I am not satisfied at this point. Year six feels like year 2. Rebuild, rebuild, rebuild. I would like to see some positive growth, a direction emerging that is not longball (although I get why we have to play that way right now). The injuries are killing us (as we knew if they happened they would) and the non stop turnstyle of coaches coupled with the continual mistakes of upper management (lack of direction and president) frustrate the hell out of me.

Now, as for reasons that would make me renew- I will do it based on price, if they stay the same or lower I may hold onto my tickets because I like the seats and I like the group of people I sit with. I enjoy going to games, its something my wife and I really like and I want to continue to do that based off of our experience. By no means do I want to assume to speak for other people or judge them on their choices to renew. You asked a personal question and that is my personal answer.

Pookie
09-07-2012, 11:25 AM
I don't mind it. It's a promotion. If you want the jersey, get the card.

If you want to be cynical, if they are prepared to give you $120 worth of value... take $120 off the price of tickets. Of course, the jersey doesn't cost $120 to make but still. $120 off a pair of Supporters' Tickets would make your renewal price the same as Montreal's.

jabbronies
09-07-2012, 12:03 PM

If you want to be cynical, if they are prepared to give you $120 worth of value... take $120 off the price of tickets. Of course, the jersey doesn't cost $120 to make but still. $120 off a pair of Supporters' Tickets would make your renewal price the same as Montreal's.

I just wanted to bold and repost this part as I feel it's an important post. Says a lot IMO. There may be an attempt being made here to try and right things by FO. It's a nice try, but comes up short for a number of reasons.

This is a quick fix solution to the high tickets prices, but in reality what needs to happen is a proper price adjustment.

This may satisfy the SSH but what about supporters who are not SSH and have to buy tickets individually or as part of a partial package. Those people are still left with the burden of over-inflated tickets.

If you plan on renewing your seasons, I recommend taking advantage of this offer. Just be aware of the interest rate and make sure you are getting a proper jersey.

Phil
09-07-2012, 12:07 PM
I just wanted to bold and repost this part as I feel it's an important post. Says a lot IMO. There may be an attempt being made here to try and right things by FO. It's a nice try, but comes up short for a number of reasons.

This is a quick fix solution to the high tickets prices, but in reality what needs to happen is a proper price adjustment.

This may satisfy the SSH but what about supporters who are not SSH and have to buy tickets individually or as part of a partial package. Those people are still left with the burden of over-inflated tickets.

If you plan on renewing your seasons, I recommend taking advantage of this offer. Just be aware of the interest rate and make sure you are getting a proper jersey.

The thing is, they still had 16000 people renew last year. At best I can see them freezing prices this year. Pending actual renewal rates, then next year you *might* see a corection.

Just putting on the old analyst hat there.

AL-MO
09-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Bah, even if we won the Supporter's Shield and MLS Cup (I know it ain't happening anytime soon either) then the threads would be filled with complaints about a whole lot of other stuff believe me (potentially raising ticket prices for sure).

Or maybe they are just pissed that TFC as whole is a complete shit show. (and its not going to get better anytime soon)

backbeat
09-07-2012, 01:04 PM

I've paid TFC over $12,000 the past 6 years let alone merchandise and concessions - I think i have a right to be pissed and complain.

TOBOR !
09-07-2012, 01:14 PM

it's more than a promotion. It's put out there as a 'very special offer' to 'renewing season ticket holders who act by a certain date'.

it's an earlybird renewal incentive. just like a chance to win a KIA or go on a road trip with the team.

TOBOR !
09-07-2012, 01:21 PM
I am not satisfied at this point. Year six feels like year 2. Rebuild, rebuild, rebuild. I would like to see some positive growth, a direction emerging that is not longball (although I get why we have to play that way right now). The injuries are killing us (as we knew if they happened they would) and the non stop turnstyle of coaches coupled with the continual mistakes of upper management (lack of direction and president) frustrate the hell out of me.

Now, as for reasons that would make me renew- I will do it based on price, if they stay the same or lower I may hold onto my tickets because I like the seats and I like the group of people I sit with. I enjoy going to games, its something my wife and I really like and I want to continue to do that based off of our experience. By no means do I want to assume to speak for other people or judge them on their choices to renew. You asked a personal question and that is my personal answer.

So this complicates matters for you. I don't have an emotional / social investment in my seats.

I'm not able to make it to all games. I don't see the same folks week in and week out. Furthermore, my tickets are in 105. I like the seats, but I'm not surrounded by RPB.

I'm not a curmudgeon. I enjoy game days and get on well with whoever's near me. It's just that I can do this without renewing.

I can buy the odd ticket as I see fit, and buy a team jersey with all the money I've saved (nevermind not having to try and dump tickets I can't use).

sully
09-07-2012, 01:24 PM
I've been a season ticket holder for 6 years. I think I would be more inclined to renew if I had the option of changing my full seasons tickets entitlement for next year to instead getting half-seasons in the same seats. Then I would like to have the option of converting my half seasons tickets next year to full seasons the following year. I don't feel like paying for a full season of games when I can't attend them, don't feel inclined too because the constant disappointment at th egames and because I can't offload them when the team is shite it makes it a pain - a pain I would be paying a lot of money for. I think this is doable, it would placate fans who are frustrated but also still keep them attached to the club as before and MLSE would have the opportunity to sell the other tickets that wouldn't be included in my package.

Ultra & Proud
09-07-2012, 01:39 PM
I've paid TFC over $12,000 the past 6 years let alone merchandise and concessions - I think i have a right to be pissed and complain.
I probably dropped a bit more than and I am pissed as well I just choose to direct it at times and places when/where it's warranted (Cochrane promotion) instead of just railing on about everything. Not saying you do that or anything but some people look for the bad in every single thing.

Ultra & Proud
09-07-2012, 01:41 PM
I've been a season ticket holder for 6 years. I think I would be more inclined to renew if I had the option of changing my full seasons tickets entitlement for next year to instead getting half-seasons in the same seats. Then I would like to have the option of converting my half seasons tickets next year to full seasons the following year.
This here is actually a really good suggestion and doable. I don't see why this couldn't be done other than they want to force people to buy a full season of seats by holding their account number/waiting list deal over their heads. This would surely help ticket sales.

TOBOR !
09-07-2012, 01:45 PM
I probably dropped a bit more than and I am pissed as well I just choose to direct it at times and places when/where it's warranted (Cochrane promotion) instead of just railing on about everything. Not saying you do that or anything but some people look for the bad in every single thing.

I'm sorry if my negative view of what I see as a thinly veiled attempt to get me to open my wallet to overpay for a poor product has you miffed.

Perhaps instead of poo-pooing my perspective you could you offer your own.

Please enlighten me with some examples of what there is about TFC to be optimistic about (I'm keen to know what they are).

Belfast_Boy
09-07-2012, 01:46 PM
good idea Brian. much better than a shirt with a hook in it.

Belfast_Boy
09-07-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm going a little off topic here.
what's happening in this thread is exactly why we should be pissed at TFC FO. we are bitching at each other and it's killing the support. instead of banging a drum or painting a banner, good supporters are getting pissed off. This results in people not going to games. Group members lashing out online and getting banned. And other members breaking away and doing their own thing. it started with MO and it's not got much better.
ok back to TFC FO and BMO trying to get money out of our pockets again.

Ultra & Proud
09-07-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm sorry if my negative view of what I see as a thinly veiled attempt to get me to open my wallet to overpay for a poor product has you miffed.

Perhaps instead of poo-pooing my perspective you could you offer your own.

Please enlighten me with some examples of what there is about TFC to be optimistic about (I'm keen to know what they are).
Well I'm not miffed, it just gets tiresome to see the same ML$E thing coming up whenever anything happens with the club, good or bad. I'm also not pointing you out for this, I am just saying in general that it happens a lot. If we lose then ML$E can't build a team, over charging for shite product, etc but if we start winning or sign good players then it's because ML$E only want to gouge more money from supporters, sell more tickets, etc. It just gets boring.

As for my optimism, I wrote it in many threads explaining why already, but mainly for on the pitch possibilities. Nothing off the pitch as this supposed Cochrane promotion isn't sitting well with me at all and I think it's a lost opportunity to get a good Football person in charge. Regardless, I don't see why we can't build a decent MLS team. Not a Dutch team or any other fancy styled one but a standard MLS one that many other teams build, successfully at that, with actual MLS seasoned players who know what it takes to play in this league. Mariner does understand this league and I think/hope he'll jettison some of the rubbish remaining from the previous regimes and use that cash to invest in proven MLS players. For years the detractors of this club always said we shit the bed by selecting foreign/non-MLS managers to build the team and maybe they were right. For once we have a guy who knows MLS and I think he deserves this second window in full command to see if he can do it. If not, then can him and move on to the next guy.

TOBOR !
09-07-2012, 02:21 PM
^ well, I wish I shared your enthusiasm for a club under Mariner. I don't see it, but that's for another thread. We are at peace.

Phil
09-07-2012, 02:23 PM
So this complicates matters for you. I don't have an emotional / social investment in my seats.

I'm not able to make it to all games. I don't see the same folks week in and week out. Furthermore, my tickets are in 105. I like the seats, but I'm not surrounded by RPB.

I'm not a curmudgeon. I enjoy game days and get on well with whoever's near me. It's just that I can do this without renewing.

I can buy the odd ticket as I see fit, and buy a team jersey with all the money I've saved (nevermind not having to try and dump tickets I can't use).

I totally respect you and your decision. My motives are about me, my family and my close friends. I also have total understanding of your point of view.

Phil
09-07-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm going a little off topic here.
what's happening in this thread is exactly why we should be pissed at TFC FO. we are bitching at each other and it's killing the support. instead of banging a drum or painting a banner, good supporters are getting pissed off. This results in people not going to games. Group members lashing out online and getting banned. And other members breaking away and doing their own thing. it started with MO and it's not got much better.
ok back to TFC FO and BMO trying to get money out of our pockets again.

Well said. Times like this we need to respect one another instead of shitting all over everyone. discussion is good, but the constant attacking is getting very tired.

A couple points though, most of our frustration is with the team. A lot is in the business plan, mostly centered around pricing. Those are the focus points, the cynicism and constant negativity from those issues is whats turning supporters against each other.

TorCanSoc
09-07-2012, 03:03 PM
6 years strong. Had 5 tickets, then 3 tickets, then 1 ticket. Next year is none. You can get tickets for half price before each game. You can buy three jerseys with the savings. You can go to all the games, you just won't have "Season Seat Holder" beside your name. And you pick second for other games, CCL, CMNT etc. Its been a very hard choice for me. But I think I'm a die-hard that's done. This is a sad statement to the TFC faithful, because i don't think I'm a lone on this one.

OgtheDim
09-07-2012, 06:02 PM
Next year is none. You can get tickets for half price before each game....

You won't next season if the SSH total is around 8K.

Belfast_Boy
09-07-2012, 06:47 PM
If there's only 8k SSH then TFC better do something. The place will be empty. They have almost killed support in Toronto. Which is pretty amazing because we were the best in the league. Soon after that soccer will once again die in our fair city.

ensco
09-07-2012, 06:55 PM

This is very true. There is no scalper market in places like Dallas because there is no big supply of excess seats sold.

Next year, assuming the SSH count drops, you will mostly have to buy TFC seats through the primary market (ie from the team).

69Chevy396
09-07-2012, 08:39 PM
This is very true. There is no scalper market in places like Dallas because there is no big supply of excess seats sold.

Next year, assuming the SSH count drops, you will mostly have to buy TFC seats through the primary market (ie from the team).

The shirt is worth more than a hundred bucks? Really, that is bull shit. If sold at Walmart they would marked down to $4 and sold with 10 pairs of sport socks for $7.

Alonso
09-07-2012, 08:54 PM
I wonder how many will fall for this ?

note - 19.9% interest rate - bwahahahahahahaha ! you'll probably spend more than $120 in interest on your ST purchase by the time you've paid it back.

Not this guy.

I laughed my ass off when I got this email.

Alonso
09-07-2012, 08:54 PM

There is no price drop though.

That would make all the difference in the world.

Also, the negativity is well founded and well bred by ML$E.

You reap what you sow.

You have me wondering if some one at ML$E is in your ear.

With all due respect to you and to the RPB which you represent (including myself), the kibosh on the anti-Anselmi campaign coupled with this and other remarks has me baffled. It seems like your defending ML$E. Like you want to give them a fair shake like its year one.

We are in year six and approaching year seven having repeated many of the same mistakes many times over.

I don't see why cutting them any slack is called for.

Parkdale
09-07-2012, 08:57 PM
oh man....

it took me all of 3 seconds to decode the process.

get card, renew tickets on card and get free jersey, then immediately;
a) pay off card 1 with card 2 (possibly gaining air miles or other points at the same time)
b) pay off card 1 with a lower interest line of credit,
c) pay it off with cash and enjoy your 'almost' free jersey.

Am I mad that TFC and their bank sponsor have a credit card? Yes, but less angry at that than I am at having the Skydome renamed for their corporate sponsor.

Really it's not something that concerns me.

It's an independent item from the team's performance (or lack of)

Parkdale
09-07-2012, 09:00 PM
and if people want to get mad over something....

What if the jersey looks like shit? Anyone signing just to get the jersey is essentially doing it sight unseen. I can see some people going for the offer, but not without knowing what the kit looks like.

Alonso
09-07-2012, 09:07 PM

It's so fucking cynical! And not on our part.

It's probably not as cynical as the rumours that ML$E are going to offer half off concessions before kick-off which they only take 25% revenue from, thereby sticking it into the city's ass for fronting the money to pay for BMO in which the city fought for 75% concession revenue.

Basically, if ML$E does this. They will make the city take the revenue loss for this offer and come away looking like roses.

Alonso
09-07-2012, 09:09 PM
oh man....

it took me all of 3 seconds to decode the process.

get card, renew tickets on card and get free jersey, then immediately;
a) pay off card 1 with card 2 (possibly gaining air miles or other points at the same time)
b) pay off card 1 with a lower interest line of credit,
c) pay it off with cash and enjoy your 'almost' free jersey.

Am I mad that TFC and their bank sponsor have a credit card? Yes, but less angry at that than I am at having the Skydome renamed for their corporate sponsor.

Really it's not something that concerns me.

It's an independent item from the team's performance (or lack of)

This isn't my point. Or Tobor's either, if I may assume.

This offer is cynical.

That's the point.

It's meant to pull wool over people's eyes.

Alonso
09-07-2012, 09:10 PM
and if people want to get mad over something....

What if the jersey looks like shit? Anyone signing just to get the jersey is essentially doing it sight unseen. I can see some people going for the offer, but not without knowing what the kit looks like.

True dat.

Alonso
09-07-2012, 09:12 PM

I think maybe you misunderstood Tobor.

Alonso
09-07-2012, 09:20 PM
@Phil (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/member.php?u=2) ; Sure, pay off the balance of the season tickets right away and come out ahead by a shirt.

Virtually none.

And the credit card company knows this.

As does ML$E.

Realistically. This is actually a tax on TFC fans who fall under the median income for Canadians who might be struggling to renew this year but are now presented with a way out.

And, it's sold as a free Jersey... Everybody wins right?

I hope most people see through this, but knowing that I've fallen for this shit in the past in other contexts and seen many others do so as well. I am not optimistic.

Alonso
09-07-2012, 09:23 PM
I could care less about this card.

But yeah I'll 'applaud' Montreal. But for their GA supporter section and dropping their STH prices. Its laughable when you hear some of the stuff coming out of ours and how some things "aren't feasible" and other BS like that.

EDIT: Especially given the state of things.

EXACLTY.

ANYTHING IS FEASIBLE!

Especially when you OWN the team AND MAKE the RULES!

Rub the genie and make three fucking wishes for fuck sakes.

/end rant.

Good night.

Hitcho
09-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Getting a new home jersey? $120.

Renewing pair of season tickets? $1,000 upwards.

Replacing upper management with people who know how to run a football team and care about the game? Priceless.

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's MasterCard...

tiberius
09-07-2012, 10:12 PM
http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/styles/AnimatedArena/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by TorCanSoc http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/styles/AnimatedArena/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1526782#post1526782)

Nice try Dim, but trying to sew FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt) will not work - not only will the 8K STH be dumping tickets but you will have a very highly motivated FO dumping tickets EVERYWHERE. You think the Travelzoo cut rate tickets or the free giveaways of this year will subside with 8K in STH sales??? Dream on - a STH won't be able to give away tickets next year either. It is a fantasy to think that next year, somehow, TFC tickets will become a valuable commodity - just look at the attendance this year - and that is with almost completely prepaid tickets. Mark my words - you will be able to pick up tickets for $2 next year - I easily got them for $10 this year....

DangerRed
09-07-2012, 10:59 PM

Again, I think you're missing it. Who's the target of this promotion? Existing seat holders. Not the casuals, not the maybe-will-buy-this-year-for-the-first-timers. You. You're the target. What this tells you, is that this is a perk you're getting for being a season seat holder. Consequently, you probably should be asking yourself if you'll be receiving any others. I'm saying it's unlikely. I'm saying MLSE is saying, "Here, you want something? Take this card, renew with it, and we'll give you a jersey. That's what you get. Lower prices? A price freeze? This isn't Montreal."

DangerRed
09-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Well said tiberius.

You want to talk revenue impact? Here: my two friends and I bought season tickets last year. We paid even the criminal surcharge of paying for MLS Cup tickets (we didn't mind, it was cold, and all of Chad Barrett, Nana, Maicon Santos, Jake Peterson and others were seated in the row behind us). We bought concessions. Lots of them. Many tipsy, tipsy concessions. We waited with excitement for every time the boys played, regardless whether it was the league or the CCL shitshow (because of the refereeing, you know).

Now?

We dropped our tickets. We boycott and preload at other bars. This year, I've been to 3 games. All tickets bought for less than face from desperate sellers who won't be around next year.

Those of you renewing, enjoy the free MasterCard jerseys.

Kevvv
09-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Holy fuck, what a bunch of moronic crap.

20% is the going rate for BMO mastercard AND TD Visa - lower rates are available elsewhere, or for an additional fee, but it's not a special MLSE scam. The card being offered is the same as the standard BMO MC airmiles or cashback card, with the TFC logo instead of a stylised globe. The jersey - described as the new[ly designed] 2013 TFC jersey - has a value of $120 at retail. That's the MSRP of a non-replica jersey, whether TFC, Impact or WC. This is a blatant attempt to get people to sign up for a mastercard, not their last and final offer to sell season's tickets. They've seen how many people pay for CONCACAF CL, and they've seen how many of the paid tickets actually get used on game days, and they're probably shitting themselves.

Renew or not, this is about a mastercard with the TFC logo, with the possibility of a free jersey if I decide to renew. Maybe I'll immediately retire the card and put it away with my Simpsons, Woolco, and Eatons credit cards.

Shakes McQueen
09-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Yeah, I too was a bit confused, because 19.9% is the regular going rate for a ton of credit cards, unless you get a "higher tiered" card with a lower rate, that usually has an annual fee. It's no more of a "scam" than credit cards are by their very nature. And as you said - $120 is the MSRP for the "officially licensed" shirts, which is what they are offering here.

I'm all for demanding a ticket price rollback, and pointing out when we are being taken advantage of, but this seems much ado about nothing. It's a BMO promotion for a free official jersey. Whatever.

Wait for the ticket pricing to come out - if the prices have been frozen, or god forbid... moved up - then go to town.

- Scott

Mark in Ottawa
09-08-2012, 06:45 AM

Bingo!
And remember the old truisms ... nothing is free and there is a sucker born every minute.

Pookie
09-08-2012, 07:00 AM

Assuming that renewals were 8k and assuming all 8k went to every game and the Ticket Exchange here, Kijiji, On-line discount offers like Wagjag or Travelzoo all shut down with no inventory... it's still a very simple financial equation to determine if there is value in buying season tickets. I'll use 2012 pricing as an example.

North End (Non Premium Game) seats sell for $29 in the season ticket package and $35 for single game pricing direct from the Box Office. That's a difference of $6/game/ticket.

Of the 19 games that are in the package, if I end up missing 6 through the summer, I'm paying $455 (incl taxes) to buy those through the box office or $910 for a pair

Those 19 games in the season ticket package (for simplicity ignoring the premium games and CCL discounts) costs me $29 x 19 (games) x 2 or $1102 (pair). Difference of approx $200.

My experience has been that I can't resell my tickets. Therefore, I am making the conscious decision to potentially eat well over $200 for those 6 games by renewing. Worst case scenario, I can save myself $200 by not renewing and go to the same number of games.

Of course, if I can resell on the secondary market then my investment in Season Tickets can be recovered somewhat. But if that is the assumption, then I am also most likely to be able to buy the tickets on that secondary market for the 13 games at a discount below what the box office is offering.

It's supply and demand and they have set prices at an unsustainable level. The prices across the league are a good indicator of what the market is willing to bear. They either listen and do the right thing or we will. Not many are saying that they won't support TFC, they are just going to be doing it on their terms.

Shakes McQueen
09-08-2012, 07:14 AM
It's supply and demand and they have set prices at an unsustainable level. The prices across the league are a good indicator of what the market is willing to bear. They either listen and do the right thing or we will. Not many are saying that they won't support TFC, they are just going to be doing it on their terms.

This is how I look at it. And with how readily available tickets are these days, it's completely viable.

ST prices need to be majorly rolled back this winter. They HAVE to be. Though to be honest, the "intellectually curious" side of me kind of hopes they don't, just so I can see how far the renewal rate plummets.

Have MLSE ever reduced ticket prices for any of their teams before? I can recall a couple of price freezes, but never going backwards.

- Scott

Flipityflu
09-08-2012, 07:41 AM
well, you can't blame MLSE for trying to grab a few more season ticket holders through a promotion. its not a bad promotion, but really, the only way they can attempt to win back people is by reducing the ticket cost by a decent amount (as i gave up my seasons two seasons ago, i'll let others decide what that amount is).

also, use of the credit card is neither mastercard nor MLSE's responsibility...that lies solely with the card holder, and anybody who thinks differently needs to act like an adult.

Pookie
09-08-2012, 08:14 AM
This is how I look at it. And with how readily available tickets are these days, it's completely viable.

ST prices need to be majorly rolled back this winter. They HAVE to be. Though to be honest, the "intellectually curious" side of me kind of hopes they don't, just so I can see how far the renewal rate plummets.

Have MLSE ever reduced ticket prices for any of their teams before? I can recall a couple of price freezes, but never going backwards.

- Scott

They did for the Raptors. About 20-40% depending on the location.

OgtheDim
09-08-2012, 08:44 AM
http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/styles/AnimatedArena/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by TorCanSoc http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/styles/AnimatedArena/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1526782#post1526782)

Nice try Dim, but trying to sew FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt) will not work - not only will the 8K STH be dumping tickets but you will have a very highly motivated FO dumping tickets EVERYWHERE. You think the Travelzoo cut rate tickets or the free giveaways of this year will subside with 8K in STH sales??? Dream on - a STH won't be able to give away tickets next year either. It is a fantasy to think that next year, somehow, TFC tickets will become a valuable commodity - just look at the attendance this year - and that is with almost completely prepaid tickets. Mark my words - you will be able to pick up tickets for $2 next year - I easily got them for $10 this year....'

Meh...I suppose it makes you feel better to say my opinion is a stalking horse of the FO.......if that's what it takes for you to feel good about yourself, knock yourself out.

From what I understand, most of the cheap azz seats going right now are from SSH. Yes there are deals. That's not what is mostly happening. And, MLSE, newco or old, don't have the corporate history to paper games....with the exception of the Bills in Toronto thing, which was run by a separate group of people in the Rogers universe (see Liverpool vs. TFC).

e.g. The Jays concern themselves with ticket revenue per game, not ticket totals. Yes, they drop some prices, but all to get a certain amount of revenue.

If there are not as many SSH, the supply from that area drops. And, as the SSH total drops, the % of people who will go to every match increases (unless there is some magic thing that makes TFC SSH different then every other sports team SSH in North America that experienced this sort of thing). This is what happened with the Argos, Ti-Cats, Lions in Detroit, Lions in BC, Islanders in the NHL...and many many more.

That is a reality.

Belfast_Boy
09-08-2012, 10:44 AM
'

Meh...I suppose it makes you feel better to say my opinion is a stalking horse of the FO.......if that's what it takes for you to feel good about yourself, knock yourself out.

From what I understand, most of the cheap azz seats going right now are from SSH. Yes there are deals. That's not what is mostly happening. And, MLSE, newco or old, don't have the corporate history to paper games....with the exception of the Bills in Toronto thing, which was run by a separate group of people in the Rogers universe (see Liverpool vs. TFC).

e.g. The Jays concern themselves with ticket revenue per game, not ticket totals. Yes, they drop some prices, but all to get a certain amount of revenue.

If there are not as many SSH, the supply from that area drops. And, as the SSH total drops, the % of people who will go to every match increases (unless there is some magic thing that makes TFC SSH different then every other sports team SSH in North America that experienced this sort of thing). This is what happened with the Argos, Ti-Cats, Lions in Detroit, Lions in BC, Islanders in the NHL...and many many more.

That is a reality.

Que? I don't get this. less season ticket holders and this results in higher attendance at games? that makes no sense. Og this sounds like something Tom would try to make us believe.
the game day experience was the big draw at BMO for a lot of people. that atmosphere was created by the supporters that are largely seasons ticket holders. Less SSH = less support = less atmosphere. add a terrible product and the end result is lower overall attendance.

asterix606
09-08-2012, 11:02 AM

TFC has already failed.

6 Season of crap, going for 7!

Wull
09-08-2012, 11:04 AM
my response to the email was one word. I'll leave it your imagination what it was

Fort York Redcoat
09-08-2012, 11:29 AM
This is a promotion. Take it or don't.

Half the rage in here is about the team, it's lack of direction and prices we don't know about yet.

Let's try and stay on topic.

Myself, I'm not interested in a new shirt or credit card so that's where it ends. I continue to wait for a more valuable announcement from the club.

Hitcho
09-08-2012, 12:01 PM

Half the rage in hear is about the team, it's lack of direction and prices we don't know about yet.

Myself, I'm not interested in a new shirt or credit card so that's where it ends. I continue to wait for a more valuable announcement from the club.

Forts, you're being far too sensible and boring. This a forum for over-excitement, fervered ranting and heated spleen venting. Please try and remember that mate! :D

tiberius
09-08-2012, 12:13 PM
'

That is a reality.

Og, my point was that we need not worry that secondary tickets will dry up next year. It appears to me like 50% of STH are not showing up at TFC games, these days (arguable %, but the number really doesn't matter). If we follow your logic, the % of no shows will decrease - which is true, but the number will easily still be 20%-25%. Unless TFC rockets to the top of the table with their new hoofball strategy, people are going to continue to miss games and want to get something for their tickets, if they can...

Toronto FC games are not going to turn back into "must attend" events next year - life will continue to compete on gameday with TFC next year - even for those 8K Season ticket holders....

On top of that, I predict that MLSE will offer 2 for 1 promotions next year on their unsold tickets - they don't give a rat's ass about their season ticket holders - they only know how to count money. They either don't know, or don't care about the affects of underpricing their tickets below what the STH pays - it is just extra money in the bank to them - short term profit.

BTW - I don't think you are an FO stalking horse - I just think that you worry too much :) - the cheap tickets will still be there next year! :)

narduch
09-08-2012, 12:51 PM
The secondary market of TFC season ticket holders dumping tickets on forums and craigslist will most likely end.

But the Travelzoo and Groupon deals will continue.

tiberius
09-08-2012, 01:17 PM
The secondary market of TFC season ticket holders dumping tickets on forums and craigslist will most likely end.

But the Travelzoo and Groupon deals will continue.

Why would the kijiji/craiglist/forum/ebay ticket market disappear??? It has been there since day 1. The trend is your friend - a flood of tickets this year suggests there will still be a good aftermarket next year - there will always be a need to dispose of tickets, and if the demand market is weak (ie team continues to be hoofball losers), then the prices in the aftermarket will continue to be favourable. You can take that to the bank!:)

narduch
09-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Why would the kijiji/craiglist/forum/ebay ticket market disappear???

Less inventory.

Sullivan
09-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Not renewing.
In season 1, I bought 10 tickets.
Beginning of this season I was down to 2, which I sold off in April at a small loss.
I've had enough.
When I want to go to a match, tickets are readily abundant and often free and I can move around the stadium and sit wherever I please.
I expect that next season will be no different.

Pookie
09-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Less inventory.

I get that logic but does it really seem practical that 100% of those that renew will attend every game? Sun, rain, snow? Through family obligations and kids' soccer practices? If not, then the secondary market is alive and well. And given that tickets can be purchased at the box office for $5-10 more than STHs paid per game, that secondary market will most likely operate at a discount.

I never had an issue picking up extra tickets to compliment my season tickets when the place was sold out and I certainly don't anticipate a problem picking up tickets if I opt to not renew.

Super
09-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Why would the kijiji/craiglist/forum/ebay ticket market disappear??? It has been there since day 1. The trend is your friend - a flood of tickets this year suggests there will still be a good aftermarket next year - there will always be a need to dispose of tickets, and if the demand market is weak (ie team continues to be hoofball losers), then the prices in the aftermarket will continue to be favourable. You can take that to the bank!:)

The abundance of tickets available is primarily due to 16,000 ticket holders trying to unload them. Next year we'll likely see far less season tickets sold, so as a result the market will be less flooded with tickets. However, having said that, I'm pretty sure it will still be very, very easy to get tickets. Once Mariner has ruined 2013, though, you will probably only see a few thousand season tickets sold, and this is when the free/cheap tickets will be harder to come by.

69Chevy396
09-08-2012, 03:43 PM
I get that logic but does it really seem practical that 100% of those that renew will attend every game? Sun, rain, snow? Through family obligations and kids' soccer practices? If not, then the secondary market is alive and well. And given that tickets can be purchased at the box office for $5-10 more than STHs paid per game, that secondary market will most likely operate at a discount.

I never had an issue picking up extra tickets to compliment my season tickets when the place was sold out and I certainly don't anticipate a problem picking up tickets if I opt to not renew.

Sadly, after we went from 4 to 2, to 1 to zero last year, none of us attended a game this season, we had enough....there are enough things in life to get us agitated and angry without having to pay for it.

tiberius
09-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Less inventory.

I agree the supply (inventory) will go down next year, but the demand is the key factor, and it will still continue to be very weak. The demand is so poor and inventory so large right now that hardly anyone even bothers to try to give/sell their tickets. Next year, even if there are only 500-600 tickets available in the after market for each game - the prices will be low if there are only buyers for 300-400 tickets... A large inventory (like this year), is not neccessary for prices to continue to be low... Over the past 6 years I have purchase lots of tickets to supplement my season tickets - the only thing that will shoot prices up is TFC rocketing to the top of the table and the atmosphere coming back to BMO - i.e. the "demand" part of the equation would have to change dramatically. Realistically, that is just is not going to happen in 2013...

Cashcleaner
09-08-2012, 10:29 PM
The promotion may be the same as Montreal but the bad tastes comes with the circumstances and the fact that the promotion is attached to SSH renewals.

Montreal are competitive (especially at home).

They're lowering prices.

They're giving SSHs reasons to renew. Several of them.

We're the opposite in every way.

Yet our club still expects us to see the same treatment as some kind of reward.

It's just hard to swallow. Free jersey be damned.

Gimme some tangible reasons to renew. Not some more things with a crest on it that you've made people not care about anymore.

Glad you mentioned it, because that's exactly why there are so many negative reactions to this. As promotions go, it's not a bad idea by any stretch. But the problem is that it appears to be the only concession being made. No word of a price reduction. No apology for another season down the drain or even mention of any town halls were these problems can be addressed. Just a free jersey if you sign up for a credit card. Admittedly it's still early and we might see some development happen on this front, but that's just total speculation at the moment.

If this is an olive branch the club is extending to the people who are ready to turn their backs on this club, then I'm afraid Paul B is going to be in for some uncomfortable news.

That's a pretty fair way of looking at it.

I get into similar arguments like this with people at work where there is a distinct mistrust between employees and management - not unlike the relationship many fans and supporters currently have with the club. People might be of the mind that you're "selling out" by taking advantage of what's being offered, but who's really losing out here? If you pay your card off and immediately cancel it, well you've just gifted yourself a free TFC jersey for very little effort.

If you want to get ahead, sometime it pays to play the game.

DangerRed
09-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Holy fuck, what a bunch of moronic crap.

20% is the going rate for BMO mastercard AND TD Visa - lower rates are available elsewhere, or for an additional fee, but it's not a special MLSE scam. The card being offered is the same as the standard BMO MC airmiles or cashback card, with the TFC logo instead of a stylised globe. The jersey - described as the new[ly designed] 2013 TFC jersey - has a value of $120 at retail. That's the MSRP of a non-replica jersey, whether TFC, Impact or WC. This is a blatant attempt to get people to sign up for a mastercard, not their last and final offer to sell season's tickets. They've seen how many people pay for CONCACAF CL, and they've seen how many of the paid tickets actually get used on game days, and they're probably shitting themselves.

Renew or not, this is about a mastercard with the TFC logo, with the possibility of a free jersey if I decide to renew. Maybe I'll immediately retire the card and put it away with my Simpsons, Woolco, and Eatons credit cards.

Let me repeat: this promotion is aimed at existing season seat holders. ONLY. That means they're talking to you when they say, here, get this card (yes, 19.9 is the going rate on most cards unless you're staff) and you'll get a $120 jersey in return." I think that should trouble you as a season seat holder, because based on their past record, it is very very unlikely that the ownership of this club will offer you anything additional.

But what do I know...

DangerRed
09-08-2012, 11:13 PM
The abundance of tickets available is primarily due to 16,000 ticket holders trying to unload them. Next year we'll likely see far less season tickets sold, so as a result the market will be less flooded with tickets. However, having said that, I'm pretty sure it will still be very, very easy to get tickets. Once Mariner has ruined 2013, though, you will probably only see a few thousand season tickets sold, and this is when the free/cheap tickets will be harder to come by.

None of what you wrote there makes any sense. I've read it three times now, and I still can't make heads or tails of what you're saying.

Shakes McQueen
09-09-2012, 05:59 AM
^TRANSLATION:

"The abundance of tickets available on websites like Craigslist/Kijiji/etc. is largely due to 16k STHs all trying to unload their tickets. Next year fewer STHs will likely be sold, resulting in fewer tickets available on these websites (because there will be fewer STHs trying to unload their tickets). Having said that, he thinks it will still be very easy to get tickets. But once Mariner has destroyed the 2013 season as well, he thinks there will only be a few thousand STHs left, resulting in an even smaller pool for re-sold discounted tickets."

Basically, he thinks the discount market will dry up because there will be fewer season seat holders trying to unload their tickets at discounted prices. When that happens, the only way to get tickets will be from the club, which won't be discounted.

I sort of got a nosebleed the first time I read that paragraph too, haha.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
09-09-2012, 06:05 AM
Glad you mentioned it, because that's exactly why there are so many negative reactions to this. As promotions go, it's not a bad idea by any stretch. But the problem is that it appears to be the only concession being made. No word of a price reduction. No apology for another season down the drain or even mention of any town halls were these problems can be addressed. Just a free jersey if you sign up for a credit card. Admittedly it's still early and we might see some development happen on this front, but that's just total speculation at the moment.

It's just as much speculation that there won't be development on any of these fronts, because as you say yourself - it's still early. So if it's early, how can this already appear to be the only concession being made?

MLSE have earned no favour from the fanbase, and cynicism is completely warranted, but I'm still with those who are saying this has been more than somewhat of an overreaction to a harmless Bank of Montreal promotion.

- Scott

Super
09-09-2012, 11:52 AM
None of what you wrote there makes any sense. I've read it three times now, and I still can't make heads or tails of what you're saying.

LOL sorry, I kinda rushed through that post. Shakes had it right, though.

Hitcho
09-09-2012, 12:47 PM
I think I'm done. I have 4 season tickets in the South End - a pair in 112 and a pair in 118. Had season tickets since Nov 2006, but three factors have pushed me to give them up:

1. the way the team is run from the top down, specifically Anselmi constantly making panicked, knee jerk reactions as to coach hiring and firing and the headless chicken approach to their playing styles;

2. the price gouging that has gone on since 2007 despite the shit show that item 1 above has created; and

3. the implosion of the after market making it impossible to sell on tickets for games you cannot get to.

I hate the thought of giving up my season tickets, but the apparent retention of Anselmi as the top dog with respect to TFC decisions (see Oldtimer's thread re the new MLSE board etc) means the shit show is going to continue and I cannot consciously spend that much money for MLSE to fuck up the running of the team while price gouging their customer base any longer.

It's sad, but ultimately I don't feel I have any other choice.

Hitcho
09-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Oh, and personally I think that the RPB ticket forums are going to be far less stocked than they ahve ever been before from next seaosn onwards. Look how many people on here are saying that they have or will be giving up their season tickets.

I suggested to the exec several times that they might want to put a floor on ticket prices as well as a cap (no gouging was allowed in the boom times so why is it allowed in reverse in fallow periods?) but was completely ignored each time - didn't even get the courtesy of a response.

Now, the forum may suffer as a result which is kind of backwards when you consider this is a fan's group and exactly the kind of people you want to see going to the games and helping each other to get tickets.

Toronto
09-09-2012, 03:41 PM
I already own a shirt. I don't have a MasterCard. I use Visa. If this is it, then I'll say they'll be down to 5K in season tickets next year.

kodiakTFC
09-09-2012, 04:18 PM
I'll be back and i'm assuming that vast majority of you guys will be back to. The tickets aren't exactly expensive when you compare it other teams in the market, I love live footy, and I love TFC. We hear this same venting every year and every year the season renewals are down but not significantly. We still have 16,000ish SSH which is like top 4 in the league; if as many people left as they said they have on this forum then our SSH would be a fraction of what it is. It takes a special kind of person to spend their time on a message board/forum such as this for their hobby, thats the kind of person who is deeply interested in this team and is likely willing to shell out the $400ish it costs per season to own season seats.

FluSH
09-09-2012, 04:31 PM
I think this is a great move by BMO Bank of Montreal... If the end results is more jerseys in the stadium then I am all for it.

Suds
09-09-2012, 04:37 PM
^^
While I agree with most of your post, don't assume everyone on here sits in $400 seats. Some of us fork out much more. Yes, that is our choice, but we still want to see value for being a customer. I'm renewing because the value is still there for me and I still enjoy going. That's why I'll be back. It's not a free jersey offer that would sway me one way or the other.

Alonso
09-09-2012, 04:56 PM
^^
While I agree with most of your post, don't assume everyone on here sits in $400 seats. Some of us fork out much more. Yes, that is our choice, but we still want to see value for being a customer. I'm renewing because the value is still there for me and I still enjoy going. That's why I'll be back. It's not a free jersey offer that would sway me one way or the other.

Yes, exactly this.

My seats cost $2,000 for the pair. I think we are going to see a lot more people in this price range drop off then in the north or south ends. I predict the red and dark greys will be half empty next season because at this price point, renewing is less justified given current circumstances and this shit management team.

kodiakTFC
09-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Yes, exactly this.

My seats cost $2,000 for the pair. I think we are going to see a lot more people in this price range drop off then in the north or south ends. I predict the red and dark greys will be half empty next season because at this price point, renewing is less justified given current circumstances and this shit management team.

You know what, this problem is all ready happening. Look around at TFC games, be it MLS/CCL/Voyageurs, the south end and the corners are full and the rest of the stadium is sparse. The people have spoken and have decided what this product is worth and its somewhere between $20-30. A part of me has hope that if this proposed BMO Field expansion goes through, tickets across the board will go down.

pdogg
09-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Yes, exactly this.

I think you've already started to see that. Look at the games on tv, you can clearly see the maple leaf of the east stands. But if you sit anywhere, it doesn't feel empty around you. The migration from red and dark grey is well under way. I loved my tickets in 109, but it pained me that a section over at my row level was paying ~400 and I was paying 1000+

Hitcho
09-09-2012, 07:12 PM
I'll be back and i'm assuming that vast majority of you guys will be back to. The tickets aren't exactly expensive when you compare it other teams in the market, I love live footy, and I love TFC. We hear this same venting every year and every year the season renewals are down but not significantly. We still have 16,000ish SSH which is like top 4 in the league; if as many people left as they said they have on this forum then our SSH would be a fraction of what it is. It takes a special kind of person to spend their time on a message board/forum such as this for their hobby, thats the kind of person who is deeply interested in this team and is likely willing to shell out the $400ish it costs per season to own season seats.

The real question is though, what percentage drop off has there been from RPBs (or equivalent) as SSH being replaced by joe public? The FO likely doesn't care - a dollar is a dollar no matter who gives it to you - but look back to 2006 and the way they tried to set up a "genuine" footie ethos among the fan base. It's sad to see the club fall so far from the ideals it started out with.

Cashcleaner
09-09-2012, 10:40 PM
It's just as much speculation that there won't be development on any of these fronts, because as you say yourself - it's still early. So if it's early, how can this already appear to be the only concession being made?

MLSE have earned no favour from the fanbase, and cynicism is completely warranted, but I'm still with those who are saying this has been more than somewhat of an overreaction to a harmless Bank of Montreal promotion.

- Scott

Yeah, that's a fair point, I agree. Maybe a better way to put it is that, so far this is the only offer we've been given, and it's a little underwhelming. But like you said, there could be more to come. And obviously, I'm of the opinion that there should be more to come.

Shakes McQueen
09-10-2012, 06:29 AM
If there isn't more to come, I predict MLSE are going to be in for a rude awakening.

- Scott

asterix606
09-10-2012, 07:10 AM
I am part of the 223 exodus! Could someone please verify my statement below.

I'm not too sure if its accurate since I have considerably dropped my beer consumption from Season 2 (Too much!) to Season 6 (Zero!). I was priced out and my liver could also see BMO as a mini rest vacation.

It seemed that my section in S2 had lots more football fans (more noise, more swearing and passion). All that beer might have affected my hearing and what was really happening around me :)

My experiences for S6, lots of soccer moms and kids around me. I could hear a pin drop during most of the game. Atmosphere is pretty much nil apart of hearing the supporters sections cheering.

On a side note: Im wondering how much a TFC jersey costs to make in China. I would guess around 4$?

TOBOR !
09-10-2012, 07:15 AM
Que? I don't get this. less season ticket holders and this results in higher attendance at games? that makes no sense. Og this sounds like something Tom would try to make us believe.
the game day experience was the big draw at BMO for a lot of people. that atmosphere was created by the supporters that are largely seasons ticket holders. Less SSH = less support = less atmosphere. add a terrible product and the end result is lower overall attendance.

I think he's saying the percentage of tickets sold that actually get used will increase, as people only buy tickets to games they intend to go to.

TOBOR !
09-10-2012, 07:27 AM

Half the rage in here is about the team, it's lack of direction and prices we don't know about yet.

I'd agree if the email was addressed from BMO, with BMO's logos everywhere and signed by a BMO executive.

Then I'd read it as 'if you sign up for this card and use it to renew your TFC tickets you'll get this shirt'.

There's a subtle difference between that and 'renew your season tickets and you'll get this shirt (but only if you use this card)'

Fort York Redcoat
09-10-2012, 08:01 AM
^ The shirt-for-card is still the offer. It's hardly a hostage situation.

TOBOR !
09-10-2012, 09:24 AM
^ The shirt-for-card is still the offer. It's hardly a hostage situation.

It's not as black and white as that. It hinges on season ticket renewal.

Fort York Redcoat
09-10-2012, 09:39 AM
^Still not complicated, though.

Who do think will be renewing because of this offer?

Shakes McQueen
09-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I still don't see what the problem is. If they do this promotion instead of actually reducing ticket prices, then go nuts - but there's no indication one way or another yet, about that. In the meantime, it's a free shirt for renewing STHs; the kind of promotion teams, and their official sponsors run all the time.

- Scott

Belfast_Boy
09-10-2012, 12:41 PM
I think he's saying the percentage of tickets sold that actually get used will increase, as people only buy tickets to games they intend to go to.

I see said the blind man. this might be true but overall attendance will go in the dumper.

Belfast_Boy
09-10-2012, 12:43 PM
^Still not complicated, though.

Who do think will be renewing because of this offer?

be pretty silly to renew because of the offer. but think I'll be getting a new shirt this year and cancel that BMO card pronto.

nfitz
09-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Surely all these posts here on this thread do nothing but give this advertising campaign of BMO more prominence.

Like trolls, advertising campaigns like this are best ignored.

And I'm unsure why someone made it look like at 2013 renewal thread ... more hits that way I guess ...

TOBOR !
09-10-2012, 01:29 PM
^... the promotion is tied to renewal for 2013 season tickets.

Do people care about how many 'hits' their threads get ?

TFC_Allez
09-10-2012, 01:42 PM
I plan on renewing anyways, and I thought it would be a good idea and a nice gesture from the FO to give out a new jersey along with ALL renewals to reward fan and supporter loyalty...regardless of who you decide to bank with. Paul Beirne didn't seem to agree when I mentioned this to him on Twitter...his lack of a response spoke louder than any possible response could've. Terribly naive on my part I guess to hope for something like that.

nfitz
09-10-2012, 01:50 PM
^... the promotion is tied to renewal for 2013 season tickets.So ... it's still little more than a Bank promotion. I toss enough pieces of mail from CIBC in the Blue Bin without opening them ... not sure why the need to shill for BMO for free.

Do people care about how many 'hits' their threads get ?Then why make it look like a thread about 2013 renewals, which is a minor aspect of this BMO promotion to get people to get credit cards? I'm sure they love all the free advertising.

TOBOR !
09-10-2012, 02:04 PM
nfitz ; no-one here is shilling for BMO.

I made the thread look like it had something to do with 2013 ST renewals because the offer is tied to 2013 ST renewals.

Moving on...
TFC_Allez ; I agree with you. A jersey should accompany your ST renewal automatically.

mlsintoronto
09-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Paul Beirne didn't seem to agree when I mentioned this to him on Twitter...his lack of a response spoke louder than any possible response could've.

What's your twitter handle? I think I've responded to all queries.

TFC_Allez
09-11-2012, 08:48 AM
My twitter handle is @RobDitta. Your response was to my initial question, when I asked "@Paulbeirne what about those who renew but don't have the BMO TFC MasterCard? Will we still get a jersey?" when you said "@RobDitta that would defeat the purpose. BMO is trying to drive sign ups."
You didn't have anything to say to my response of "@Paulbeirne Ah I see. Fair enough I guess. Would've been nice to get a jersey for being a loyal fan as opposed to doing my banking through BMO"
I do understand that the jersey giveaway is a promotional thing for those who renew using this mastercard...but after the shit that we've all had to witness on and off the field as supporters, for 6 years and counting, why not give jerseys to ALL those who renew, regardless of how the payment would be made, as a token of respect and gratitude for helping to keep BMO somewhat fun despite the on field product.

Fort York Redcoat
09-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Who cares about a jersey when they could lower prices? Gawd. People complain about dangling carrots then ask for free carrots.

ryan
09-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Norwich is giving Canaries fans 25GBP towards their merch for buying away seats at Chelsea. That's it. Show up to an AWAY MATCH and club gives you money to spend.

If we're going to charge like EPL, lets give perks like EPL eh?

Suds
09-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Norwich is giving Canaries fans 25GBP towards their merch for buying away seats at Chelsea. That's it. Show up to an AWAY MATCH and club gives you money to spend.

If we're going to charge like EPL, lets give perks like EPL eh?

You know, that is kind of a cool offer by the club. It may not be huge dollars but it is something that says the club recognizes the money fans spend to travel to away games and support the team. This is something I'd like to see TFC investigate. Many clubs have ways of earning loyalty points for various purchases or events a fan attends. TFC could look at something similar. Reward SSH's some how for away games they travel to. Loyalty points can be earned and traded for swag, discounts, payer meetings, etc. It does not need to be a major cost item. Just something that says the club appreciates the money spent and time put in for fans to travel to an away game and support the club. This is an area I think TFC could do better in engaing their fans.

TFC_Allez
09-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Who cares about a jersey when they could lower prices? Gawd. People complain about dangling carrots then ask for free carrots.
I agree with you! ...but since the topic here is related to a new jersey promotion for renewing, it would be kinda nice updating from my season one jersey, for free :) I've already commented in other threads saying they should lower prices across the board.

Canary_canuck
09-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Ryan... Norwich is the epitome of a fan and family oriented club. It is why their fan base is so loyal, through good times and bad ( the latter barely over three years ago ). The club's Board and leadership is composed of fans rather than corporations ( nothing against the latter- I am a capitalist- but profits and sports don't mix well ). As well Norwich's home and away kits have been voted the best in the EPL despite their relatively small proportion of the voters.

Pookie
09-11-2012, 02:23 PM

I think people are simply asking to be able to keep more of their own carrots when the team shares plenty of carrots from other farms in the league. It shares in the SUM profits from the carrot industry.

It doesn't pay for the farmers, except the Designated Farmers. It gets Adidas subsidies to run its Junior Carrot Farm program. It's carrot farm is worth many times more now than it was when it was purchased. All fans are asking for is an agricultural specialist to run the farm itself not an engineer and to be able to keep a few of the carrots they grew on their own. Just let us keep the same amount of carrots as other fans get to keep in their markets.

Is that too much?

narduch
09-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Just got an email from the Jays. They are already selling 2013 season tickets. They even already have the 2013 schedule out.

New season ticket buyers get a Bautista boblehead, a jacket and a $100 gift card to the team store. No need to sign up for a credit card.

No news from TFC yet though.

TOBOR !
09-13-2012, 09:14 AM
So it seems I'm still waiting for a response from the 'always responsive' mlsintoronto, otherwise known as Paul Beirne I suspect by the exception he took to me 'naming names'. I even gave him my twitter handle and quoted the tweets. What did he think...that I was just making a story up to drag his name through the dirt? Nah. He doesn't need my help with that. He's just another clown in the circus that is MLSE/TFC FO. Nice try though Paul. At this rate you might have to change your board name to MLSEKilledSoccerInToronto.

*sigh* Twittergate :rolleyes5:

nfitz
09-13-2012, 10:08 AM
So it seems I'm still waiting for a response from the 'always responsive' mlsintoronto, otherwise known as Paul Beirne I suspect by the exception he took to me 'naming names'. I even gave him my twitter handle and quoted the tweets. What did he think...that I was just making a story up to drag his name through the dirt? Nah. He doesn't need my help with that. He's just another clown in the circus that is MLSE/TFC FO. Nice try though Paul. At this rate you might have to change your board name to MLSEKilledSoccerInToronto.Your tweet to him that you seem to be expecting a response to was:
"@Paulbeirne Ah I see. Fair enough I guess. Would've been nice to get a jersey for being a loyal fan as opposed to doing my banking through BMO" (https://twitter.com/RobDitta/status/244558100214992896)
Am I the only one who can't see a question in there to respond to? Obviously if BMO is going to pay $ for jerseys for people who sign up with them, they aren't going to give the same to those who don't. What's the outstanding question? Not trying to be difficult here, but if I saw that response, I would think that was the end of the conversation. Paul always seems to be pretty good at answering questions on Twitter.

TFC_Allez
09-13-2012, 10:16 AM
You're right. Maybe if I had formed it as more of a question it would've warranted a response. I was just anticipating something, anything, in response to the idea that loyal fans who renew, regardless of the method of payment, should be rewarded for it in some way. I do see your point though. I was blinded by rage I guess.

Shakes McQueen
09-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Just got an email from the Jays. They are already selling 2013 season tickets. They even already have the 2013 schedule out.

New season ticket buyers get a Bautista boblehead, a jacket and a $100 gift card to the team store. No need to sign up for a credit card.

No news from TFC yet though.

That's a nice package for new STHs, although the official Jays team shop is a total ripoff (online or offline). You can get Jays apparel cheaper from the official MLB store, than you can from the Blue Jays' own store. Try and make sense of that, without getting a nosebleed.

- Scott

Abou Sky
09-13-2012, 09:31 PM

That was kind of my plan, I have other cards I use.

Oldtimer
09-14-2012, 07:13 AM
It's actually not a bad deal for a MasterCard, I've had a BMO card for years as a secondary card. There's no charge for the basic card, and you get 1/2% cash back on transactions. Now that you can add the TFC logo it's hard not to like (and no, I don't work for BMO and rarely use the card).

tiberius
09-14-2012, 09:14 AM
I think people are simply asking to be able to keep more of their own carrots when the team shares plenty of carrots from other farms in the league. It shares in the SUM profits from the carrot industry.

It doesn't pay for the farmers, except the Designated Farmers. It gets Adidas subsidies to run its Junior Carrot Farm program. It's carrot farm is worth many times more now than it was when it was purchased. All fans are asking for is an agricultural specialist to run the farm itself not an engineer and to be able to keep a few of the carrots they grew on their own. Just let us keep the same amount of carrots as other fans get to keep in their markets.

Is that too much?

Unfortunately MLSE are city boys, and have no clue how to farm and grow carrots. Each senior executive (ABC) has piled on their own personal manure on the field, year after year. As a result of way too much crap, they only can grow a few carrots, they are all scrawny and they definitely taste like shit.

Does it really matter if they dangle the carrot or hand it to you for free? Doesn't it still taste like shit?:hump:

narduch
09-14-2012, 09:16 AM
Anyone else notice that TFC is running radio ads trying to sell tickets to the last remaining home games?

Well they are advertising ticket as low as $17. Which is below what south end season ticket holders pay.

jaahuuu
09-14-2012, 09:24 AM
It may not be huge dollarsIt's more than I've spent at BMO all season.

What's your twitter handle? I think I've responded to all queries.What about those of us that don't meet the requirements to sign up for the card? Are we basically SOL?

Pookie
09-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Does it really matter if they dangle the carrot or hand it to you for free? Doesn't it still taste like shit?:hump:

I think their manager's handbook says something along the lines of:

TFC: Like a Shit Sandwich
The more bread you've got, the less shit you have to eat

(Lyrics from Toronto 90's Alt band, Lowest of the Low)

narduch
09-14-2012, 12:06 PM
I think their manager's handbook says something along the lines of:

TFC: Like a Shit Sandwich
The more bread you've got, the less shit you have to eat

(Lyrics from Toronto 90's Alt band, Lowest of the Low)

MLSE: Salesman, Cheats and Liars.

Pookie
09-14-2012, 12:18 PM
MLSE: Salesman, Cheats and Liars.

^ nice.

If I can somehow work Winnipeg's The Watchmen into this.... ah.... :

Anselmi: Soul Stealer

Suds
09-14-2012, 12:42 PM
^ nice.

If I can somehow work Winnipeg's The Watchmen into this.... ah.... :

Anselmi: Soul Stealer

since we're sticking with Canadian bands

TFC Front Office: We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx (yeah it's a lyric not a song title)
How we'd like to see our FO: Closer to the Heart
BMO: Lakeside Park
TFC Supporters: Tom Sawyer

Me: I think I'm Going Bald g:D

Yes, I listen to way too much Rush! :)

tiberius
09-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Anyone else notice that TFC is running radio ads trying to sell tickets to the last remaining home games?

Well they are advertising ticket as low as $17. Which is below what south end season ticket holders pay.

And guess who supporters get to sit with?:)

Kevvv
09-14-2012, 11:42 PM
What about those of us that don't meet the requirements to sign up for the card? Are we basically SOL?

uYhtEBfLMlo

ensco
09-15-2012, 07:35 AM
From news section, Larson on pricing:
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/09/14/pressure-on-tfc-to-drop-season-seat-prices

Here's how I read this:

Don't hold your breath. It's a PR flack and not Beirne or Anselmi talking to Larson. So they're focused on messaging, not content.

"Loyalty" means increasing the "value" gap between seasons and single game tickets. So here comes some razzmatazz: they'll probably reinstate the free friendly, and you get to go to parties to meet players (lots of other teams do this).

Price drop? Don't make me laugh. If they were doing that, they'd have signalled that.

nfitz
09-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Price drop? Don't make me laugh. If they were doing that, they'd have signalled that.How did they signal the price drop for the seats they dropped last year?

ag futbol
09-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Price drop? Don't make me laugh. If they were doing that, they'd have signalled that.
If they actually try to spin things this way, I think they've thoroughly misread the market.

To me, even a price drop on par with what the other teams have put in place is a drop in the bucket. We are still the most expensive seats in the league, no?

ensco
09-15-2012, 03:10 PM
How did they signal the price drop for the seats they dropped last year?

I don't remember. I think the reset in the north end doesn't even count in this discussion, the previous price level there was absurd in relation to other seats in the stadium, almost 3x the south end. I'm talking about the overall price structure.