PDA

View Full Version : Mariner leaning on Dunfield

iy12l
08-30-2012, 08:31 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/08/30/torontos-mariner-vows-continue-lean-dunfield

I dont think Mariner will get fired during the off-seaosn so its safe to say that we wont even be close to making the playoffs in a long time.

Auzzy
08-30-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm telling you, it's going to be full-court PR press from now until season-ticket renewal time. Keep a couple of air-sickness bags handy. Hopefully a few of the journalists show some independence & ask the difficult questions. TFC is desperately trying to maintain the "he's turned the team around" message, and they're being quite successful in some quarters. E.g., listen to many of the questionable comments during game broadcasts. (Of course Mariner has only "turned the team around" when compared with the previous "worst team in the world" status & mostly due to an in-form Danny K during Mariner's first games. Overall Mariner's PPG record wouldn't get us into a playoff spot.)

narduch
08-30-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm telling you, it's going to be full-court PR press from now until season-ticket renewal time. Keep a couple of air-sickness bags handy. Hopefully a few of the journalists show some independence & ask the difficult questions.

I'm not holding my breath on anything meaningful coming from the TFC media writers.

We already have Kurt Larson and Duane Rollins, the two biggest TFC mouthpieces, bending over backwards to defend Mariner. And in the meantime both are essentially calling TFC fans stupid.

We aren't dumb though. We've followed this team for 6+ years and have seen this bs before.

Oldtimer
08-30-2012, 08:50 PM
I can picture the ads now:

"Dunfield... never mind Thierry Henry and those other wash-ups, we have Dunfield, the centre and core of a succesful franchise."

:ack2: :banghead:

Auzzy
08-30-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm not holding my breath on anything meaningful coming from the TFC media writers.

We already have Kurt Larson and Duane Rollins, the two biggest TFC mouthpieces, bending over backwards to defend Mariner. And in the meantime both are essentially calling TFC fans stupid.

We aren't dumb though. We've followed this team for 6+ years and have seen this bs before.

Well, at least Jason de Vos was calling for a major shakeup today, e.g., getting a knowledgeable soccer president so that Anselmi has nothing to do with the team in the future.

Also, John Molinaro was saying "Can't say I blame #TFC fans if they want to protest and/or not renew for next year. Might B only way to make powers-that-be get the message."

Meanwhile Gareth Wheeler said "I will repeat what I said Saturday: I can't believe after 5+ years how poor #TFC roster is. And I don't see where/when they turn the corner."

So there's some hope RE the media I guess....

Wull
08-30-2012, 09:48 PM
how can they say this isn't his team?! Hall then back 4 of morgan-emory-o'dea-ecks midfield wiedeman-dunfield-frings-lambe forwards avila-johnston/amerikwa looks like mostly mariner players to me

jazzy
08-30-2012, 10:50 PM
it'll be a shit show when they try to explain how montreal with a BETTER team than us,...are still stressing the importance of their fans AND WILL BE LOWERING ticket prices and also reward those fans that have stuck with them...haha ....Montreal again shows up Toronto.....love soccer...when will we get some in Toronto?

Richard
08-30-2012, 11:46 PM
it'll be a shit show when they try to explain how montreal with a BETTER team than us,...are still stressing the importance of their fans AND WILL BE LOWERING ticket prices and also reward those fans that have stuck with them...haha ....Montreal again shows up Toronto.....love soccer...when will we get some in Toronto?

Real simple, as long as the average fan pays MLSE prices they keep them high. Hopefully this is going to change soon.