PDA

View Full Version : Impact cutting SSH prices

jabbronies
08-29-2012, 09:18 AM
John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro) Wow. Impact announce they are cutting prices for season tickets on average by 15%.

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2012/08/montreal-impact-cuts-season-ticket-prices-2013

Nuvinho
08-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Chances of TFC cutting ticket prices - 0%

Canary10
08-29-2012, 09:24 AM
I got beaten to it...mods may want to merge threads.

reggie
08-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Chances of TFC cutting ticket prices - 0%

chances of me renewing 0%

mowe
08-29-2012, 09:35 AM
“We listened to the calls of our supporters and we have adjusted our prices,” said Impact president Joey Saputo. “I am proud to confirm that there will be a price reduction and we will be rewarding the loyalty of our current season ticket holders. Even though we are currently having success on the field and in the stands, we will never take our ticket holders for granted.”

Hahahaha oh man I just imagined Anselmi saying that.

... Now I'm sad.

Canary10
08-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Hahahaha oh man I just imagined Anselmi saying that.

... Now I'm sad.

Nice play Joey.

Apparently SSH renewers get 10% off as well.

reggie
08-29-2012, 09:49 AM
i think we may get 10% off hotdogs next season..

ryan
08-29-2012, 10:00 AM
I just...

I don't even have words for this. They are charging the playoffs...and dropping prices.

We're charging the title of worst club in the history of life...and they are debating a price freeze on the most expensive tickets in the league.

Just another day of being a sports fan in Toronto.

eustacchio
08-29-2012, 10:03 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9irz8UixM1r6lj56o2_500.png

leafsman
08-29-2012, 10:08 AM
thank you montreal, doesnt TFC have to do something now?

SuperTCP
08-29-2012, 10:10 AM
If Montreal continues to push for playoffs, hire star players, and offer better incentives then Toronto, we may see an increase of Impact fans in Toronto. Just like we have so many Canadians fans living among us.

ManUtd4ever
08-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Wow. If there wasn't already enough pressure on the TFC FO to discount SSH prices next season, there certainly is now.

Montreal has won five in a row, they are still in the playoff race in their inaugral MLS season, and they disount prices 15%.

TFC has shit the bed for 6 years running and the FO has increased prices several times.

It's time for a fucking reality check, and the pathetic attendance at BMO lately better drive the point home with the new ownership consortium or TFC will be home to one of the worst atmospheres in the league next season.

McBrace
08-29-2012, 10:21 AM
I sent the link to my ticket rep.. I wonder what kind of response I'll get...

Canary10
08-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Wow. If there wasn't already enough pressure on the TFC FO to discount SSH prices next season, there certainly is now.

Montreal has won five in a row, they are still in the playoff race in their inaugral MLS season, and they disount prices 15%.

TFC has shit the bed for 6 years running and the FO has increased prices several times.

It's time for a fucking reality check, and the pathetic attendance at BMO lately better drive the point home with the new ownership consortium or TFC will be home to one of the worst atmospheres in the league next season.

TFC front office should be holding an emergency meeting right now to figure out what to do. At least Joey gave us the favour of announcing this early. He may have won TFC fans some gains too. I don't see how TFC can't respond in kind.

Fort York Redcoat
08-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Montreal SS- $295

Toronto SS- $361

Suds
08-29-2012, 10:31 AM
I will not be impressed unless a 15% discount is accompanied by MLSE announcing Tom Anselmi has been reassigned and will no longer have anything to do with TFC.

cmonyoureds
08-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Montreal SS- $295

Toronto SS- $361

I'd like to see the rest of the ticket prices too. Surely it's not just the "supporter" sections discounted?

SuperTCP
08-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Just sent link to my rep as well. Hopefully if we all apply some pressure , maybe we can get discount as well.

Suds
08-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Just sent link to my rep as well. Hopefully if we all apply some pressure , maybe we can get discount as well.

Season tickets for 2013 will be available in seven categories, at a cost of $295, $385, $475, $580, $770 and $1,070. Tickets in the Saputo Family Corner are now available at a cost of $195 for children and $385 for adults for the season.

from press release

Fort York Redcoat
08-29-2012, 10:35 AM
I'd like to see the rest of the ticket prices too. Surely it's not just the "supporter" sections discounted?

That's where I am.

Go ahead and throw up a more detailed comparison if you wish.

15% cut for us would put us at

$307

London
08-29-2012, 10:36 AM

so did I, with a long list of TFC fuck-ups attached

cmonyoureds
08-29-2012, 10:37 AM
That's where I am.

Go ahead and throw up a more detailed comparison if you wish.

I'll try later....somehow I can't get that info while at work. Anyone know how to work around "websense"? LOL

mastermixer
08-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Price cuts will help, but this team is so toxic it will take a full restructure to lose the terrible feelings TFC is leaving with us year after year. Price is just one of the factors in putting asses in seats.

Petor
08-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Here is the link to seating plan and prices.
NOTICE that they call the supporters section General Admission.

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/2013-season-tickets-renewal/stadium-plan-prices

London
08-29-2012, 10:45 AM
^^^^ GA WTF, TFC take notice you fucking blind morons

jabbronies
08-29-2012, 10:46 AM
First year prices! First year prices! First year prices!

Klinsmann
08-29-2012, 10:49 AM
I've already decided not to renew this year.
Only 2 things will change my mind:
1) Tom Anselmi getting fired
2) 2007 ticket prices again.

mastermixer
08-29-2012, 10:50 AM
I hate that we as fans have to spell it out for them instead of them running this organization properly, and I can almost guarantee that no price reduction was planned until this news in Montreal broke out.
Should have done a price reduction two years ago.

Glenchen29
08-29-2012, 10:54 AM
I am thinking about emailing my rep and ask "what's up"

ryan
08-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Kurt Larson on a roll right now. Calling out anyone who doesn't buy seats a non supporter.

MLSE can charge whatever they like...YOU PAY IT OR YOU'RE A SHITTY FAN.

Fuck you Kurt. Seriously, fuck you.

Suds
08-29-2012, 10:56 AM
I am thinking about emailing my rep and ask "what's up"

I was thinking the same but since my rep never responds to my email I figure why bother.

I get it that they only want to hear from me when I'm giving them my credit card number at renewal time.

London
08-29-2012, 10:58 AM
^^^ larson can suck on a sweaty hairy salty nut sack,

reporters have all gone to shit

Suds
08-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Kurt Larson on a roll right now. Calling out anyone who doesn't buy seats a non supporter.

And the guy has the gall to even admit on his Twitter he's not even a season ticket holder.

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN (http://es.twitter.com/KurtLarSUN) @jasondevos (http://es.twitter.com/jasondevos) If I was a season STH, I'd stay on to support local soccer, support development, support #CANMNT (http://es.twitter.com/search/?q=%23CANMNT&src=hash) and because I enjoy the game.

I cannot respect a guy who is calling out paying supporters when he's using his media pass to attend games.

ACSertL
08-29-2012, 11:14 AM
And the guy has the gall to even admit on his Twitter he's not even a season ticket holder.

I cannot respect a guy who is calling out paying supporters when he's using his media pass to attend games.

This I did not know. Changes perspective significantly.

Suds
08-29-2012, 11:16 AM
This I did not know. Changes perspective significantly.

Well, I guess I don't really know if he's using his media pass. But he did say he's not a SSH and he is calling out those who are. I still thanks that's a douche move.

brad
08-29-2012, 11:20 AM

Only 2007 prices for me. Tommy A getting removed from TFC is critical, but it remains to be seen what is done to replace him. No guarantee or even indication that MLSE are competent enough to replace him with someone that will improve things.

asterix606
08-29-2012, 11:21 AM
chances of me renewing 0%

Me too! 0%

London
08-29-2012, 11:23 AM
if TFC FO don't drop prices or do something that will make it a value to attend after this news it will be quite the drop off of SSH,

they need to match or beat the deal that montreal is offering or this will get real ugly, YOU killed the golden goose,

now we will see if they decide to run it over with the car a few more times

ACSertL
08-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Well, I guess I don't really know if he's using his media pass. But he did say he's not a SSH and he is calling out those who are. I still thanks that's a douche move.

Oh I agree with you. If he's not a season seat holder then I don't think he should be on a soapbox telling people who do have season seats what to do with their money.

Oldtimer
08-29-2012, 11:31 AM

You can sure tell who is dependent on ML$E for what they do.

Anyway, you'll be able to get a bigger discount than 15% next year, just buy on Groupon, or from some distressed SSH. I'm sure with 8-10k in the stadium, they'll be some good deals.

reggie
08-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Me too! 0%

i will still go to games,because i love the game,but they will not get a penny up front.

asterix606
08-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Whats the point of contacting your rep? It just shows that you are interested to buy once again.

Let them come to you! Like -15% would even cut it!

I personally think that not renewing is the best thing I can do to help this shit franchise.

Fort York Redcoat
08-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Whats the point of contacting your rep? It just shows that you are interested to buy once again.

Let them come to you! Like -15% would even cut it!

I personally think that not renewing is the best thing I can do to help this shit franchise.

It's been noted that some STH are using this opportunity to tell them what they've done wrong. But I guess you'd rather just tell us who already know about it.

ryan
08-29-2012, 12:13 PM
You can sure tell who is dependent on ML$E for what they do.

Anyway, you'll be able to get a bigger discount than 15% next year, just buy on Groupon, or from some distressed SSH. I'm sure with 8-10k in the stadium, they'll be some good deals.

Indeed.

I'm going to be that arse waving a $5 in SSH's faces on gameday when they got tickets to burn. Much like I've suffered through all season. No offence to those arse's though, looking forward to joining your ranks.

Can't believe I shelled out $1,300. I'm a retard.

C.Ronaldo
08-29-2012, 12:22 PM

same here

JonO
08-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Interesting. Their "new" ticket holder price is $200+ (per ticket) less than my renewal price last year...

Fort York Redcoat
08-29-2012, 12:33 PM

Only 2007 prices for me. Tommy A getting removed from TFC is critical, but it remains to be seen what is done to replace him. No guarantee or even indication that MLSE are competent enough to replace him with someone that will improve things.

same here

For those that weren't around that means $10 per ticket x 18 home matches = $180

Half price pretty much.

asterix606
08-29-2012, 12:33 PM
It's been noted that some STH are using this opportunity to tell them what they've done wrong. But I guess you'd rather just tell us who already know about it.

What are you talking about! Like the reps (MLSE) do not already know what they have done wrong! Come on!!

TFC Cityboy
08-29-2012, 12:34 PM
I checked current ST prices at TFC and it strikes me that the club needs to imagine starting at day 1.
Ie - if we had a clean slate, and knowing what we know now, how do we price this?
I'm in 115 so I know that at the pricepoint in the Supporters's sections, the club gives not a flying fuck whether I renew or not as the relocation process will ensure that the south stand remains strong in terms of numbers.

However, STs relocating from the more expensive sections signify a major hit to the bottom line.

The dark grey/red sections are $988-$1330 - ie up to $70 a seat per match if you just use the 19 home MLS matches (let's ignore the 2 cup games here which are really "bonuses" in the sense of a ST.

At the Town Halls 2 years ago, I recall Tommy A visibly paling as one of our number stood up and announced that his 6 seats in 123 would no longer be renewed. This had a far greater effect on him than us, the great unwashed at the south end, voicing our many concerns with the state of the club- and it's got even worse since).

I cannot imagine close to 50% of current STHs in the $900 + bracket even considering renewing at that pricepoint.

My suggestions
MLSE needs to lower the higher end tickets so that no season ticket is higher than $800 ($42/ MLS match)
Include the Amway Canadian Championship and CCL matches for free (if we qualify for CCL). They will make up the money at concessions with crowds greater than the 5k hardy souls who showed up 2 weeks back for CD Aguila.
Stop hiking the prices on the now farce of a ticket exchange. When is the last time any of us needed to pay those prices rather than offload from a mate?
Quit the 'premium match' pricing. There is no premium match. It's the friggin MLS, you idiots.
Lower the ST costs for the cheaper areas of the stadium to 2008 or 2009 prices

Rant over. I want my TFC back

Fort York Redcoat
08-29-2012, 12:38 PM
What are you talking about! Like the reps (MLSE) do not already know what they have done wrong! Come on!!

Wow. So you're giving them credit? They know what they've done? You know they aren't setting the prices they are required to sell at, riiiiiiiiiight?

__wowza
08-29-2012, 12:38 PM

well, with that logic, seeing as how i don't know my seasons tickets (i split it with parky), and that i can't afford tickets elsewhere, i guess i'll just sell my shit and stop supporting the team. :out:

spark
08-29-2012, 01:48 PM

I find this weird considering DeBo loves signing cheques.

ManUtd4ever
08-29-2012, 03:59 PM
I agree that the entire organization is in need of a complete reboot under new ownership, and that includes the pricing structure across the board.

However, even if the new FO is prudent enough to discount all STH prices to 2007 levels and relieve Anselmi of his duties, the STH renewals will still drop susbtantially, albeit not to the same extent in the event that the status quo remains.

It will take an overhaul of the FO, 2007 ticket pricing, and at least a few consecutive winning seasons to reinvigorate the fan base in this city after everything we've been subjected to during the last six years.

Bell and Rogers certainly have their work cut out for them.

trane
08-29-2012, 04:19 PM
They have more wins then us. But we have atmosphere. Atmosphere is priceless.

trane
08-29-2012, 04:21 PM
I agree that the entire organization is in need of a complete reboot under new ownership, and that includes the pricing structure across the board.

However, even if the new FO is prudent enough to discount all STH prices to 2007 levels and relieve Anselmi of his duties, the STH renewals will still drop susbtantially, albeit not to the same extent if the status quo remains.

It will take an overhaul of the FO, 2007 ticket pricing, and at least a few consecutive winning seasons to reinvigorate the fan base in this city after everything we've been subjected to during the last six years.

Bell and Rogers certainly have their work cut out for them.

I am not sure, I gave up my seasons after season 4. I would love to be given a reason to get seasons back for season 7, and for me it is not price it is direction/quality. You show me something, to give me real hope. I am back in. I am sure many feel like me.

Suds
08-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Sadly, the atmosphere has been seriously diminished over the past 6 years.

BritSOL
08-29-2012, 04:35 PM
I've had seasons since year 1 and I am one of the suckers paying over $900 each for 2 dark greys in 224. Not even a 15% reduction will get me to renew this year. I am going to use some of the money I will save and go to more Canadian National team games (men & women).

If I feel up to going to a TFC game it will be on a game to game basis and just get cheap tickets on the day or just before.

Any slim chance of renewal will need a MAJOR incentive, not just financial...

Couchy81
08-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Good for Montreal.

If MLSE had any kind of spine this is what they would have offered after the Town Hall meetings.

Greatest Ripoff
08-29-2012, 04:59 PM

This guy is total scum. I have zero respect for him.

Joe Kool
08-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Montreal giving 15% cut plus the 10% loyalty discount for renewing is very good. Trying to find out what our discount was percentage-wise for renewing vs new seasons ticket holder pricing but I can't find an old pricing chart from last year anywhere. Price freeze won't cut it for me this year if that is all they offer and I bet I will still be at most games next year with a discount like many others are doing this year. It is the only way for them to learn and start scrambling.

Pookie
08-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Montreal giving 15% cut plus the 10% loyalty discount for renewing is very good. Trying to find out what our discount was percentage-wise for renewing vs new seasons ticket holder pricing but I can't find an old pricing chart from last year anywhere. Price freeze won't cut it for me this year if that is all they offer and I bet I will still be at most games next year with a discount like many others are doing this year. It is the only way for them to learn and start scrambling.

You knew it was coming. Here's how the 2013 Montreal Impact Season Ticket Offer (for new ticket holders) compares to TFC's 2012 Season Ticket Offer (for new ticket holders).

http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/8/29/3277837/impact-give-tfc-a-lesson-in-how-to-treat-fans

What's the saying... the more you know? Ask for your discount confidently now.

(Renewal pricing not yet available to compare).

kodiakTFC
08-29-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm content with the current supporter's price. I will likely be back for another year at this rate but a decrease would be a nice symbolic gesture from the club. However, the prices across the other parts of the stadium are absurd. Have you ever noticed that the supporters and light greys are still usually full, even in the CDN cup and CCL.

Joe Kool
08-29-2012, 06:38 PM
You knew it was coming. Here's how the 2013 Montreal Impact Season Ticket Offer (for new ticket holders) compares to TFC's 2012 Season Ticket Offer (for new ticket holders).

http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/8/29/3277837/impact-give-tfc-a-lesson-in-how-to-treat-fans

What's the saying... the more you know? Ask for your discount confidently now.

(Renewal pricing not yet available to compare).

Thanks dude. Just what I was wondering....

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-29-2012, 08:00 PM
should be getting our invoices for renewal soon.....and a big Sorry letter to follow

narduch
08-29-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm not holding my breath on TFC doing the same as Montreal.

I fully expect TFC to offer us a price freeze, and try to sell it as some grand gesture. These guys in the TFC FO aren't proactive, they are reactive. Remember the MLS Cup ticket fiasco? It wasn't until their renewal numbers were taking a beating that they removed tickets and made the home opener free. They won't lower prices until the bottom falls out, and not a second sooner.

Of course, I reserve the right to be wrong, particularly if new management is put in place. But if the same goofs are in charge I expect more of the same.

ensco
08-29-2012, 08:26 PM

I fully expect TFC to offer us a price freeze, and try to sell it as some grand gesture. These guys in the TFC FO aren't proactive, they are reactive. Remember the MLS Cup ticket fiasco? It wasn't until their renewal numbers were taking a beating that they removed tickets and made the home opener free. They won't lower prices until the bottom falls out, and not a second sooner.

Of course, I reserve the right to be wrong, particularly if new management is put in place. But if the same goofs are in charge I expect more of the same.

Yes. There will never be a price decrease under Anselmi. Never. It will only happen under new management.

The current group will always claim that the fans will come back if only they could get "a break". To their last breath.

MG42
08-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Year one prices, that's the number for me.

ryan
08-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Yes. There will never be a price decrease under Anselmi. Never. It will only happen under new management.

The current group will always claim that the fans will come back if only they could get "a break". To their last breath.

Hence why I'm strong in favour of walking away until they get it. No one should view themselves as less of a supporter of local football by refusing this. The club will not leave, I don't believe it for a second.

Getting pricing and management in order would be the ABSOLUTE BEST THING FOR LOCAL SOCCER. Casual fans will have more interest because of the affordability. Hardcore fans will accept the goodwill and remain more numerous...leading to better things and better days. Proper management would make us, presumably, a better club than this.
I don't see any other way to get through to these assholes.

Rene Kingsriver
08-29-2012, 08:47 PM
God I hate Montreal but I love this, they've really fucked over the TFC FO. I'm sure there's plenty of STHs who won't be aware of this so make sure to pass the info on.

manitou22
08-29-2012, 11:52 PM

That's right. I spoke to a ticket rep a couple weeks ago. Wasn't sure, but thought prices would stay the same. Was sure about one thing though, "there is no way there will be a decrease". Incredibly, a decrease is off the table before the consideration of an increase.

Red CB Toronto
08-30-2012, 12:37 AM
I would hope MLSE will be reasonable in regards to their 2013 season ticket price structure.

Cashcleaner
08-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Everyone listen up, because this is what you do. Simply go to the Toronto FC facebook page and ask when the club will announce it's price reduction on the wall. I've already got a message posted and what we need to do is is get as many people liking it and commenting on it as possible.

Seriously, I know this may sound silly, but this is how you put people on the spot. We need to ASSUME that a price reduction is a logical inevitability and cite Montreal as an example of a team that is reducing it's prices DESPITE having a new/upgraded stadium and currently playing with a much better record than TFC (they've picked up 39 points out of 28 games).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Cashcleaner/FB.png

http://www.facebook.com/torontofc?ref=stream

Hoping that they give us a price break is meaningless. Publicly demanding one could very well achieve us some positive results.

Canada72
08-30-2012, 08:24 AM
TFC Dark Grey $950 for 19 games equals $50 per game
MTL Royal Blue $770 for 19 games equals $40.53 per game - %20 less
plus MTL can get a parking pass for the year - couldn't find the price but I'm sure it's less than $20 per game
plus MTL get a offical jersey if they use a BMO MC

ARE YOU SEEING THIS TFC FO!!

ryan
08-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Everyone listen up, because this is what you do. Simply go to the Toronto FC facebook page and ask when the club will announce it's price reduction on the wall. I've already got a message posted and what we need to do is is get as many people liking it and commenting on it as possible.

Seriously, I know this may sound silly, but this is how you put people on the spot. We need to ASSUME that a price reduction is a logical inevitability and cite Montreal as an example of a team that is reducing it's prices DESPITE having a new/upgraded stadium and currently playing with a much better record than TFC (they've picked up 39 points out of 28 games).

Hoping that they give us a price break is meaningless. Publicly demanding one could very well achieve us some positive results.

I'm gonna wager my comment won't last that long.

C.Ronaldo
08-30-2012, 11:01 AM
already cant find it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Cashcleaner/FB.png

Auzzy
08-30-2012, 11:16 AM
already cant find it

It's all still there. They don't really delete anything from their FB page, unless there are obscenities etc. Oddly enough, their ticket prices pass the obscenity filter... ;)

There is a general problem with Facebook timeline: posts by others are hard to see. Look on the right side of the Toronto FC FB page, "Recent Posts by Others on Toronto FC" and click "See All." That's a Facebook thingy, and not something that TFC has organized that way.

sarsippius
08-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Thanks Craig. I found your comments, I am in full support. I called the FO last night (I had a number of issues to tackle at once, but this came to the top of my list). My 3rd ticket rep of the year has once again towed the party line and let me know that "This is a different market" and that he felt that the reason the Impact did this was because they weren't selling nearly the number of Seasons Seats that TFC was. I didn't want to get in to it further, but I felt this was wholly inappropriate. I interpret that statement as "We're selling out (sometimes) with what is arguably the lowest value proposition in professional sports; so long as you keep spending your money, we don't think your opinion matters."

In their defence, they haven't released the pricing yet, but I did make it VERY clear that I felt Saputo has called their hand. I feel that their next move needs to be to lower these prices.

Shortly after, I think they need to talk a long look at the FO Management, to see where they are falling short (perhaps the ever rotating door for non-executives?) and adjust staffing accordingly.

Wagner
08-30-2012, 12:03 PM
I checked current ST prices at TFC and it strikes me that the club needs to imagine starting at day 1.
Ie - if we had a clean slate, and knowing what we know now, how do we price this?
I'm in 115 so I know that at the pricepoint in the Supporters's sections, the club gives not a flying fuck whether I renew or not as the relocation process will ensure that the south stand remains strong in terms of numbers.

However, STs relocating from the more expensive sections signify a major hit to the bottom line.

The dark grey/red sections are $988-$1330 - ie up to $70 a seat per match if you just use the 19 home MLS matches (let's ignore the 2 cup games here which are really "bonuses" in the sense of a ST.

At the Town Halls 2 years ago, I recall Tommy A visibly paling as one of our number stood up and announced that his 6 seats in 123 would no longer be renewed. This had a far greater effect on him than us, the great unwashed at the south end, voicing our many concerns with the state of the club- and it's got even worse since).

I cannot imagine close to 50% of current STHs in the $900 + bracket even considering renewing at that pricepoint.

My suggestions
MLSE needs to lower the higher end tickets so that no season ticket is higher than $800 ($42/ MLS match)
Include the Amway Canadian Championship and CCL matches for free (if we qualify for CCL). They will make up the money at concessions with crowds greater than the 5k hardy souls who showed up 2 weeks back for CD Aguila.
Stop hiking the prices on the now farce of a ticket exchange. When is the last time any of us needed to pay those prices rather than offload from a mate?
Quit the 'premium match' pricing. There is no premium match. It's the friggin MLS, you idiots.

that was maybe the most powerful thing to happen at a TownHall.
was that guy "JimmyJazz"? or a similar name?
the guy was clearly put together, well dressed, of means, and said how he was not renewing his prawny seats...it was a direct gut shot to Anselmi.

Wull
08-30-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm sure I'm in the minority in this thread but I'd settle for a price freeze if we could get people into the right roles to move the club forward and be shot of anselmi, mariner, cochrane and brennan

Cashcleaner
08-30-2012, 12:58 PM
already cant find it

That's okay. Because it's been bumped down by other comments saying pretty much the same thing. :D

ryan
08-30-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm sure I'm in the minority in this thread but I'd settle for a price freeze if we could get people into the right roles to move the club forward and be shot of anselmi, mariner, cochrane and brennan

When DeVos asked his followers how they felt, I tweeted that at him and it got a few re-tweets.

If Bogers wants to avoid a price decrease, clean house and all would be well as far as I can see. They don't need to fire them, put them somewhere else...I don't care. Just get them the fuck away from The Fucking Club.

Wull
08-30-2012, 01:18 PM
When DeVos asked his followers how they felt, I tweeted that at him and it got a few re-tweets.

If Bogers wants to avoid a price decrease, clean house and all would be well as far as I can see. They don't need to fire them, put them somewhere else...I don't care. Just get them the fuck away from The Fucking Club.

putting a president between anselmi and the club is fine by me. The others have proven too adept at undermining people to have anywhere near the club

TearsForCheers
08-30-2012, 01:21 PM
I just sent a link to the Impact announcement to my ticket rep as well, suggesting the FO take note "...before there are nothing but squirrels and black cats to watch the games at BMO field". :)

eustacchio
08-30-2012, 02:54 PM

My suggestions

If there's one thing I remember from that town hall, it's that guy. He stood up and said his bill was approx. $10K, that he wasn't renewing and the only reason he came to the townhall was to tell Anselmi that. I felt like up until that point they thought we were only occupied the 'cheap seats'

Pookie
08-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Gents and Ladies

I updated the comparison to include SSH renewal pricing. Again, this is the Impact's 2013 offer compared with what we were offered in 2012 from TFC

Petor
08-30-2012, 03:52 PM
If there's one thing I remember from that town hall, it's that guy. He stood up and said his bill was approx. $10K, that he wasn't renewing and the only reason he came to the townhall was to tell Anselmi that. I felt like up until that point they thought we were only occupied the 'cheap seats'

I remember that too.
I also remember that no matter what we said Tom's reply was always in accounting terms like supply and demand and the value of the Toronto entertainment dollar.
It was until this person dropped the $10,000 bomb, that made Tom sit up and actually pay attention.

Well, now it looks like we are in Tom's world.
Over supply of tickets with little demand = lower prices in accounting 101.
And since TFC are not really entertaining us(except for the cat) another textbook reason to lower prices.
If there is another town hall meeting this year I will attend and if Tom starts appealing to our passion I'll throw all his accounting sound bytes back at him and trump him with a "left side - right side" chant.

Enough is enough.
Time for football brains, give the pencil pushers a sideways promotion, they always like that, NOT, but I will! :)

Shakes McQueen
08-30-2012, 05:48 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9irz8UixM1r6lj56o2_500.png

Best line from that episode, hahaha.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
08-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Anyone know what Montreal's attendance is like, and whether this might be an attempt to goose numbers dressed up as "hearing the fans"?

At any rate, Toronto need to follow suit - if not enact a more severe price reduction. Whatever their attendance is, ours is undoubtedly worse at this point (in terms of physical butts in seats, not the magical "official" number they give every week).

MLSE need to rebuild some genuine goodwill with soccer fans in this city. No more town hall "outreach" attempts, and solemn press conferences where they admit it wasn't good enough yet again in October.

Ticket prices should be cut by 15-20% across the board (possibly more for the SSHs who continue to gut it out), and it should be announced that Tom Anselmi is "stepping down" from overseeing TFC operations in the same press conference, probably to be refocused somewhere else.

They need to hit the reset button with this team, and I don't mean the roster - I mean the entire social contract TFC has with the city of Toronto, as an entertainment product.

- Scott

nonc
08-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Can anyone illuminate me as to why Anslemi might not step down? From what I understand he is a member of the MLSE board of directors regardless, and probably makes an equitable amount of coin in that position. He is an engineer of some sort so obviously not stupid, but letting someone with zero soccer background or interest run operations was always a laughable oversight. What does he have to gain by being vilified and the leader in this sporting and soon to be economic failure?

nfitz
08-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Montreal SS- $295

Toronto SS- $361Why are you comparing Montreal's prices, that don't include tax, with Toronto's price that does include tax. The $361 includes 13% HST, so the non-taxed price is $319.47.

Taxes in Quebec are higher, the GST is 5% but the Quebec Sales Tax is 9.5%. With tax they pay $339.18.

It's a bit cheaper, but it's not that much difference. And Montreal only sold 8,000 season tickets last year. I bet if Toronto only sells 8,000 season tickets we'd be seeing a price cut too.

With the Supporters seats all but sold out, I don't expect to see a price cut in there, or in Light grey. But even if prices are frozen again, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the more expensive seats at BMO see another price cut this year.

Poor things ... they have to pay almost the same that we do to watch Limp-act ... and they have to live in Montreal.

Waggy
08-30-2012, 06:52 PM
My heart bleeds for you guys. I really don't know how you do it. If they rolled back seasons prices and removed Anselmi, I'd consider grabbing seasons. My faith in either of those things happening? 2%. Both? 0.00000001%. I've followed crappy teams most of my life (outside of the Jays in my childhood), TFC are the first club who ever actually chased me away. I'm down to only watching 1 in 3 or 4 matches at this point. And when I watch, I'm fully expecting losses. I really don't know how they fix this. I think the only solution may be a total restart, a-la what the Red Bulls did. My god. I'm jealous of the Red Bulls. SMDH. I hope it turns for you guys who still have the fire, I really do. No-one in this city deserves it more

Shakes McQueen
08-30-2012, 07:13 PM
I think there's a 20% chance of both happening (though probably not the percentage rollbacks I cited). I think there's a 60% chance (if not higher) of at least one happening.

- Scott

ensco
08-30-2012, 07:17 PM
These aren't independent outcomes imho - either both will happen, or neither will happen.

Shakes McQueen
08-30-2012, 07:45 PM
These aren't independent outcomes imho - either both will happen, or neither will happen.

I don't think so. I could easily see Anselmi announcing they were reducing ticket prices - it all depends on where the new MLSE owners think the "blame' is for TFC's floundering. For six years they've placed it anywhere but on Tom. Or they could have Tom step down, but only "freeze" ticket prices again, and hope that generates enough good will. There's a lot of directions they could go.

I personally agree with you that they need to do both, but if corporations and sports franchises did what I thought they should do, the world would be a very different place.

I am hopeful that they will do both, promptly after the season ends. I don't know if I can do this for another season.

- Scott

Super
08-30-2012, 08:11 PM
TFC needs to be in serious repair mode right now. Damage control. Forget making money off of TFC for a while - take a hit to bring people back. The way to do that is to roll prices back to year one - admit that the first 6 years are a complete write-off, and let's just start over, and that includes year one prices. Trust me, they'd sell a whole lot more tickets if they did that, and likely make more profits, than if they simply froze prices, or even lowered them a bit.

TFC - just LISTEN already. Stop making shit decisions!!!!

Alonso
08-30-2012, 08:13 PM

I just did the same.

I'm not renewing unless the prices are dropped.

Alonso
08-30-2012, 08:14 PM
I will not be impressed unless a 15% discount is accompanied by MLSE announcing Tom Anselmi has been reassigned and will no longer have anything to do with TFC.

Agreed.

james
08-30-2012, 11:06 PM
Montreal reduces prices after 1 year in MLS and they already have had a better season then we ever had in 6 years. i think only way i will renew next year is if prices got back to a $200 for seasons in South End. 15% reduction is not even good enough in my eyes. We have higher ticket prices then most teams anyways 15% will probably just put us at average price in MLS, and we have had 6 seasons of pure bull shit on field performance and i have no reason to think they will do any better in 2013!!

Richard
08-30-2012, 11:43 PM
Its real simple guys, Montreal fans expect a winner and hold there teams to a higher standard when deciding to support financially. Those type of fans are more prudent and wise with there money, T.O fans unfortunately support to a fault and yes you the fan allow MLSE to keep prices high because of the demand. When Anselmi mentions "Supply & Demand" he is correct, you guys are suckered and pay those prices, they have no incentive to reduce prices when the demand is there.

However this year after 6 years(3 years if you decide thats there honeymoon) many have woken up.

Deciding to not support a team financally does not make you a bad supporter, many have to realise this in T.O. Rhere are many ways you can show you care about the team that does not involve giving cash, this is one of my biggest gripes with people who say your a bandwagoner if you dont full out support a club.

Shakes McQueen
08-30-2012, 11:49 PM
Its real simple guys, Montreal fans expect a winner and hold there teams to a higher standard when deciding to support financially. Those type of fans are more prudent and wise with there money, T.O fans unfortunately support to a fault and yes you the fan allow MLSE to keep prices high because of the demand. When Anselmi mentions "Supply & Demand" he is correct, you guys are suckered and pay those prices, they have no incentive to reduce prices when the demand is there.

However this year after 6 years(3 years if you decide thats there honeymoon) many have woken up.

Deciding to not support a team financally does not make you a bad supporter, many have to realise this in T.O. Rhere are many ways you can show you care about the team that does not involve giving cash, this is one of my biggest gripes with people who say your a bandwagoner if you dont full out support a club.

Montreal don't have nearly the population the GTA does for one, and two, considering how empty BMO Field has been at times this season, you can hardly say Toronto sports fans are coming out no matter what.

- Scott

james
08-31-2012, 01:17 AM
Montreal don't have nearly the population the GTA does for one, and two, considering how empty BMO Field has been at times this season, you can hardly say Toronto sports fans are coming out no matter what.

- Scott

Well counting Uraban Population Montreal is about 3 and half million and Toronto is about 5 million. It is a big difference but at the same time not. When you consider only 1 NHL team, 1 CFL team and 1 MLS team in Montreal it has a massive population to support only 3 pro teams. Tickets in Montreal should be just as hard to get as in Toronto as we have bigger population but more pro teams to support.

Shakes McQueen
08-31-2012, 02:50 AM
Well counting Uraban Population Montreal is about 3 and half million and Toronto is about 5 million. It is a big difference but at the same time not. When you consider only 1 NHL team, 1 CFL team and 1 MLS team in Montreal it has a massive population to support only 3 pro teams. Tickets in Montreal should be just as hard to get as in Toronto as we have bigger population but more pro teams to support.

It's roughly 6.1 million in the GTA, versus about 3.4 million in Montreal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_urban_areas_by_population

Yet despite that extra 2.7 million people, and only one major summer sport to compete with (basbeball, which has also been half empty for years), they still can't fill 22,000 seats. In fact, the only major team in this massive urban area that DOES still sell out seemingly regardless of circumstances, is the Leafs. Argos? Nope. Raptors? Nope. TFC? Nope. Blue Jays? Nope.

There's no factual basis for the argument that Toronto sports fans will show up to support their teams no matter what, outside of the pro hockey team (and even then, there are some signs that those winds may be a changin' in the lower bowl and luxury boxes).

There's ample evidence to support the theory that this city "supports" winners, and/or whatever team is fashionable at the moment. For a few years, that was TFC. When they Jays were winning World Series', they were setting attendance records. Now the SkyDome is half full at best, unless the Yankees are playing. BMO Field most afternoons, is now a shadow of what it was the first couple of years.

Are there some diehards who go out no matter what in this city? You bet, and there are for every sport, in every city. But in the macroscopic view, they represent nothing about Toronto.

- Scott

james
08-31-2012, 03:30 AM
It's roughly 6.1 million in the GTA, versus about 3.4 million in Montreal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_urban_areas_by_population

Yet despite that extra 2.7 million people, and only one major summer sport to compete with (basbeball, which has also been half empty for years), they still can't fill 22,000 seats. In fact, the only major team in this massive urban area that DOES still sell out seemingly regardless of circumstances, is the Leafs. Argos? Nope. Raptors? Nope. TFC? Nope. Blue Jays? Nope.

There's no factual basis for the argument that Toronto sports fans will show up to support their teams no matter what, outside of the pro hockey team (and even then, there are some signs that those winds may be a changin' in the lower bowl and luxury boxes).

There's ample evidence to support the theory that this city "supports" winners, and/or whatever team is fashionable at the moment. For a few years, that was TFC. When they Jays were winning World Series', they were setting attendance records. Now the SkyDome is half full at best, unless the Yankees are playing. BMO Field most afternoons, is now a shadow of what it was the first couple of years.

Are there some diehards who go out no matter what in this city? You bet, and there are for every sport, in every city. But in the macroscopic view, they represent nothing about Toronto.

- Scott

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto this wiki suggests otherwise. 6 million sounds a bit to high. This one for Montreal however is the same numbers as you posted http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal which sounds right. And i would count Toronto under Urban population not count Metro, the amount of land area they count in the Metro is massive, they pretty much are counting places that are 3 or more hours away from Toronto as part of GTA Metro. Either way Toronto is a big populated area and people are not buying tickets like they always use to.

Fort York Redcoat
08-31-2012, 06:30 AM
Why are you comparing Montreal's prices, that don't include tax, with Toronto's price that does include tax. The $361 includes 13% HST, so the non-taxed price is $319.47.

Taxes in Quebec are higher, the GST is 5% but the Quebec Sales Tax is 9.5%. With tax they pay $339.18.

It's a bit cheaper, but it's not that much difference. And Montreal only sold 8,000 season tickets last year. I bet if Toronto only sells 8,000 season tickets we'd be seeing a price cut too.

With the Supporters seats all but sold out, I don't expect to see a price cut in there, or in Light grey. But even if prices are frozen again, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the more expensive seats at BMO see another price cut this year.

Poor things ... they have to pay almost the same that we do to watch Limp-act ... and they have to live in Montreal.

Those were the numbers I found without looking into taxes etc.

It was not supposed to look like an inflammatory post. Just a quick one. Thanks for expanding upon it.

Pookie
08-31-2012, 07:06 AM
Those were the numbers I found without looking into taxes etc.

It was not supposed to look like an inflammatory post. Just a quick one. Thanks for expanding upon it.

Actually nfitz, you are correct to compare taxes (included in Toronto's but not in Montreal) but incorrect in the baseline you used.

In Montreal a Supporter's ticket for a new season ticket holder is $295+ taxes (appro $338). For a renewal is it $265 plus taxes or approx $304.

Difference for renewing SSHs, incl. taxes is $361 (TFC) - $304 (Impact) = 57 or $114 per pair. A price drop of approx 15% is necessary for parity.

I have all the numbers here:

TOBOR !
08-31-2012, 07:08 AM
i think we may get 10% off hotdogs next season..

we'll get 10% less results, more like.

Fort York Redcoat
08-31-2012, 07:15 AM

Well, that does mean you're a different type of supporter.

Montreal fans expect a winner or they won't show up. They also won't show up for a winner that is outside centre ville apparently. Montreal can try and kiss up to support all they want but they aren't losing customers, they're trying to get new ones.

We should leave out the praise for Montreal's FO. It's a fair comparison when looking at demand and how many are getting to Stade Saputo and BMO but it still comes down to patience. Both teams supporters have none but the results difference between the 2 are shocking and shameful both ways-

It's shocking we had to be this bad for this long to ask/want/need to lower prices to their original minimum to make $$$.
It's shocking a team doing that well isn't being supported in their FIRST FUCKING SEASON.

Pookie
08-31-2012, 07:39 AM
Well, that does mean you're a different type of supporter.

Montreal fans expect a winner or they won't show up. They also won't show up for a winner that is outside centre ville apparently. Montreal can try and kiss up to support all they want but they aren't losing customers, they're trying to get new ones.

We should leave out the praise for Montreal's FO. It's a fair comparison when looking at demand and how many are getting to Stade Saputo and BMO but it still comes down to patience. Both teams supporters have none but the results difference between the 2 are shocking and shameful both ways-

It's shocking we had to be this bad for this long to ask/want/need to lower prices to their original minimum to make $$$.
It's shocking a team doing that well isn't being supported in their FIRST FUCKING SEASON.

What bothers me most about our prices is that this is a revenue sharing league that is essentially financed by their marketing arm, Soccer United Marketing (SUM). SUM holds the broadcast rights for soccer events in NA and through the World Cup generates hundreds of millions of dollars. It has a $200M deal with Adidas. Salaries, up to DP salaries, are paid by the league and therefore expenses are minimal. It is worth repeating, revenues are shared.

There really is no reason/excuse for prices in one market to be higher than another other than greed and the desire to squeeze every last bit from its loyal fans. Forget Montreal, there is a healthy business model for prices to be set at the league average.

Why should Toronto subsidize the league? "Because we can" is not an answer I am willing to accept from TFC any longer.

eustacchio
08-31-2012, 07:53 AM
Best line from that episode, hahaha.

- Scott

I think the best line is: Hey, Professor, I'm a flying spagetti monster. Do you honestly believe that I evolved from some sort of flightless manicotti?

dupont
08-31-2012, 08:12 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto this wiki suggests otherwise. 6 million sounds a bit to high.

He is right. It's 6 million people in the GTA. and 2.8 million in just Toronto city proper. The link you provided is just for downtown, Scarborough, Etobicoke etc.. the GTA also includes Mississauga, Markham, Vaughan and so on which makes the GTA population around 6 million. Toronto is WAAAAY bigger than Montreal any way you slice it. It's not too important to the point but I just study this type of stuff all day. haha

London
08-31-2012, 08:58 AM
i got a response from my rep.

it was basically that others are sending them the montreal info and that the reps don't control prices,

also the SSH renewal info will be out in the next few days

(he did not answer my question about why TFC fans were constantly being bent over)

Suds
08-31-2012, 09:07 AM

it was basically that others are sending them the montreal info and that the reps don't control prices,

(he did not answer my question about why TFC fans were constantly being bent over)

In typical TFC fashion there will be all kinds of rewards ot chances to win stuff if people renew early. They know that thousands of people will jump on any chance to win something. It will drive renewals on that alone and they know it. I really hope SSH's hold their ground this time. The only way to get this organization to listen to it's paying customers is to either stop paying them or withhold that money as long as possible.

C.Ronaldo
08-31-2012, 10:15 AM

Alot of the people in the more expensive seats have alrady given up prior to this year. Im pretty much the last person from season 1 in my grey section.
Eating the games you cant make burns alot more

SuperTCP
08-31-2012, 11:00 AM
In typical TFC fashion there will be all kinds of rewards ot chances to win stuff if people renew early. They know that thousands of people will jump on any chance to win something. It will drive renewals on that alone and they know it. I really hope SSH's hold their ground this time. The only way to get this organization to listen to it's paying customers is to either stop paying them or withhold that money as long as possible.

They promissed many prizes last year for the early renewals. The only prize I saw awarded was the Kia SUV. It was never announced who won their season tickets for free, who won the TFC away trip ,, or any other prizes they stated they would award. Probably just more BS from FO. Hopefully this year they will not sucker people into renewing.

nfitz
08-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Actually nfitz, you are correct to compare taxes (included in Toronto's but not in Montreal) but incorrect in the baseline you used.

In Montreal a Supporter's ticket for a new season ticket holder is $295+ taxes (appro $338). For a renewal is it $265 plus taxes or approx $304.I was surprised that the new lowered Impact prices were about the same as Toronto in Supporters.

Yes, a better deal. But your still stuck in Montreal. Barely a day goes by, that you don't hear about the roof of some stadium falling on people ...

james
08-31-2012, 12:02 PM
He is right. It's 6 million people in the GTA. and 2.8 million in just Toronto city proper. The link you provided is just for downtown, Scarborough, Etobicoke etc.. the GTA also includes Mississauga, Markham, Vaughan and so on which makes the GTA population around 6 million. Toronto is WAAAAY bigger than Montreal any way you slice it. It's not too important to the point but I just study this type of stuff all day. haha

That link is not just counting Toronto city proper. They have more then 1 populations listed:

2.6 million is Toronto City a land area of 630km
5.1 million is Greater Toronto a land area of 1,749km

I looked the confusion up tho and well apparently some census include a wider area to account as the Greater Toronto area then others. According to the Metropolitian census they include the Toronto City and surrounding cities of a certain distance and population (that does include missisauga, Brampton, Vaugn, Markham exc.) Any further away towns with a smaller population is not counted in the Greater Toronto Area. Putting the population at 5.1 million where a newer stats suggests its 5.5 million. Other census include entire regions rather then by city and town probably where the 6million comes from, they often include small towns that i would usually not think to count as the GTA. Some other census also can include hamilton and its greater region as the GTA putting the population to 6.3million. Another census say including a further distance hamilton region actually puts the GTA to 6.5 million. Seems it is all about how far a distance you want to include, some census count in different ways to get there numbers. Anyways we are getting really technical here, lol

Shakes McQueen
08-31-2012, 06:41 PM
I think the best line is: Hey, Professor, I'm a flying spagetti monster. Do you honestly believe that I evolved from some sort of flightless manicotti?

We're just the people this mind-switching machine was made for by us!

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
08-31-2012, 06:45 PM
I was surprised that the new lowered Impact prices were about the same as Toronto in Supporters.

Yes, a better deal. But your still stuck in Montreal. Barely a day goes by, that you don't hear about the roof of some stadium falling on people ...

Montreal is a beautiful city, but their infrastructure is kind of a joke. I always cringe when I'm driving on the roads and highways in Quebec, and I see what utter disrepair they are in. Overpasses are falling apart in the heart of Montreal.

Only thing I dislike about Montreal (and Quebec in general), is how english-only speakers are very intentionally treated like second class citizens by the government.

- Scott

Cashcleaner
09-01-2012, 02:26 AM
Ummmm, has anyone took a look at the rest of the Impact site? They've also got a pretty cool contest up to encourage people to renew early:

September20 Montreal Impact jersey offered by BMO
21 adidas gift pack (two t-shirts & two sports bags)
22 100$ gift card at Tim Horton’s
23 Saputo cheese basket
24 Premium experience for 20 people for a game in 2013 (game to be determined)
25 100$ gift certificate to the Montreal Impact boutique (valid in 2012 only)
26 Authentic Montreal Impact jersey offered by BMO
27 adidas gift pack (two t-shirts & two sports bags)
28 50$ food voucher valid for the October 27, 2012 game
29 100$ gift card at Tim Horton’s
30 100$ gift card at Sears
October1 Authentic Montreal Impact jersey offered by BMO
2 adidas gift pack (two t-shirts & two sports bags)
3 100$ gift card at Tim Horton’s
4 Saputo cheese basket
5 Two 2013 season tickets (green category)
6 100$ gift card at Tim Horton’s
7 One year membership at Energie Cardio
8 Authentic Montreal Impact jersey offered by BMO
9 Montreal Impact team autographed official game day ball
10 Saputo cheese basket
11 adidas gift pack (two t-shirts & two sports bags)
12 100$ gift card at Sears
13 Autographed Patrice Bernier jersey
14 Montreal Impact gift pack (one t-shirt, one ball, one scarf)
15 100$ gift card at Tim Horton’s
16 Saputo cheese basket
17 adidas gift pack (two t-shirts & two sports bags)
18 Autographed Alessandro Nesta cleats
19 A Videotron HD PVR new generation with a one year tv package*

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/2013-season-tickets-renewal/contest

From the looks of it, the sooner you renew the better your odds of winning. I know we've had similar contests here in Toronto, but I don't think to this extent.

narduch
09-01-2012, 01:20 PM

They were probably waiting for some good news (like a win).

But they will eventually have to release the info anyways.

Wouldn't surprise me if they release the info on Friday when everyone is thinking World Cup Qualifiers.

JonO
09-01-2012, 02:20 PM
^^Cash - TFC have given away better prizes (arguably) like the TFC Kia and the TFC roadtrip. Personally, I think fewer, bigger prizes are better, but signed jerseys/cleats would also be a nice touch. (In the interest of full disclosure, keep an eye out for me at the TFC/Galaxy game in a few weeks -thanks TFC)

tfc2008
09-01-2012, 02:56 PM

Lets do this all

tfc2008
09-01-2012, 03:00 PM
I wait wat he gone tell me i did send the link to the office

james
09-01-2012, 04:16 PM
^^Cash - TFC have given away better prizes (arguably) like the TFC Kia and the TFC roadtrip. Personally, I think fewer, bigger prizes are better, but signed jerseys/cleats would also be a nice touch. (In the interest of full disclosure, keep an eye out for me at the TFC/Galaxy game in a few weeks -thanks TFC)
more prizes tho, better chance of actually winning something!

coisty1966
09-06-2012, 12:34 PM

Why doesn't this surprise me!

No more season seats here until MLSE is out. Between TFC, Leafs, Raptors, they have robbed me of enough of my hard earned money.

Joe Kool
09-06-2012, 08:18 PM

Guess they are still mulling over the details? Haha. It's been more than a few days. Other teams have had renewal info out for a long time now. I bet they send it out Friday afternoon so that everyone has the weekend to cool off a bit before they start calling in to give them shit. Just my guess. I work in the customer service industry so you need to know how to handle delicate situations like this and everyone knows the immediate reaction is the worst so if you make people wait a couple days to call you typically most people would have calmed down some compared to when they first read it.

Klinsmann
09-06-2012, 08:43 PM
I got an email today saying if you sign up for BMO credit card and use it to renew your tickets, you will get a free new TFC 2013 jersey (worth $120).

No discount off Season Ticket Price = no renewal from me!

Alonso
09-06-2012, 08:44 PM

Haha! This is priceless!

Then get me the phone number/email of the people that do set prices and I will stop wasting my time with you and contact them?!?

Alonso
09-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Montreal is a beautiful city, but their infrastructure is kind of a joke. I always cringe when I'm driving on the roads and highways in Quebec, and I see what utter disrepair they are in. Overpasses are falling apart in the heart of Montreal.

Only thing I dislike about Montreal (and Quebec in general), is how english-only speakers are very intentionally treated like second class citizens by the government.

- Scott

And are treated poorly by many Quebecois as well....

EDIT: I love the place regardless. Montreal and Quebec City are great cultural pillars of this country.

Dave67
09-06-2012, 09:04 PM
I know lots of seats are empty this year, but didn't TFC still sell about 16,000 season tickets for 2012? I don't think you will see any major concessions for 2013 prices. People who are not using their tickets this year are not using them because the team is having a horrific year, not because of the ticket price.

SirBobSaget
09-06-2012, 11:02 PM
I know lots of seats are empty this year, but didn't TFC still sell about 16,000 season tickets for 2012? I don't think you will see any major concessions for 2013 prices. People who are not using their tickets this year are not using them because the team is having a horrific year, not because of the ticket price.

The people not using their tickets (like me) have realized its pointless to commit to a package and would be much more economical to pick and choose when to buy. I've eaten half the games, so that means each game I've attended I spent 160$ on tickets. And pretty much all the games except for the 1-0 win over Philly have been boring.

Oldtimer
09-07-2012, 05:37 AM
I got an email today saying if you sign up for BMO credit card and use it to renew your tickets, you will get a free new TFC 2013 jersey (worth $120).

Got the same "deal." Looks like they are looking to gimmicks to sell tickets, whereas what would really count would be a meaningful reduction in prices.

Suds
09-07-2012, 05:51 AM
Got the same "deal." Looks like they are looking to gimmicks to sell tickets, whereas what would really count would be a meaningful reduction in prices.

Meh, it's just cross-promotion. More to do with becoming a BMO card holder than a TFC SHH holder. I just see it as an extension of the other perks a SSH gets for being a BMO customer.

nascarguy
09-07-2012, 06:18 AM

lol that is so funny

brad
09-07-2012, 06:52 AM

I think this is going to be the case for initial renewals. What will be interesting to see is what happens later on if there is a significant drop in numbers. What sort of "deals" will they have available in the spring if that 16k number drops to 10k or 8k, with a lot of that bleed coming in the more expensive seats? Have to remember that it's not just about number of seasons, but where they are sold. One seat in the Red is worth more to MLSE than 3 seats in the supporters end.

So 10k could have very different meanings to them depending on where those seats are. I suspect renewals will be heavily slanted towards the cheap seats. The incentive to pay for the more expensive seats is gone when you can buy the cheapest seat in the stadium and move to one of the hundreds (or thousands) of empty expensive seats.

On the point about empty seats - lower demand on the secondary market is a big part. In the past when people didn't use their tickets there was a line up of friends and co-workers waiting to buy them off you. Now you can barely give them away.

Super
09-07-2012, 08:37 AM
One seat in the Red is worth more to MLSE than 3 seats in the supporters end.

That is true, but supporters end provide very valuable atmosphere to the game - and without it they will struggle to sell any seats to non-footy people, period. Let's not forget the MAIN reason why so many people went in year one and two - it was to be part of the party and to enjoy the spectacle of the atmosphere.

brad
09-07-2012, 09:58 AM
That is true, but supporters end provide very valuable atmosphere to the game - and without it they will struggle to sell any seats to non-footy people, period. Let's not forget the MAIN reason why so many people went in year one and two - it was to be part of the party and to enjoy the spectacle of the atmosphere.

The atmosphere was a sell in year one and two, yes. It was new and completely different for a lot of folks. That sheen wore off though. Since then the FO has shown exactly how much it values the supporters - which isn't much IMHO. They seem to be getting more interested in us again, but I suspect that is due to pure desperation more than anything.

Super
09-07-2012, 11:45 AM
The atmosphere was a sell in year one and two, yes. It was new and completely different for a lot of folks. That sheen wore off though. Since then the FO has shown exactly how much it values the supporters - which isn't much IMHO. They seem to be getting more interested in us again, but I suspect that is due to pure desperation more than anything.

People really disappeared once the atmosphere died. If I ran TFC I'd lower the south-end cost to year one prices - just to try and get people coming back again. Atmosphere is one of a few selling points they do have - so it's worth it to do whatever it takes to get everybody back and loud. May be too little, too late of course.

jaahuuu
09-07-2012, 12:08 PM

First requirement for getting the credit card - Permanant Canadian Resident. Bullshit.

Ultra & Proud
09-07-2012, 12:16 PM
People really disappeared once the atmosphere died. If I ran TFC I'd lower the south-end cost to year one prices - just to try and get people coming back again. Atmosphere is one of a few selling points they do have - so it's worth it to do whatever it takes to get everybody back and loud. May be too little, too late of course.
All true but I think the should restructure the section prices and also even them out somewhat so that a fuller stadium is more likely. Even though the North Stand went down to $550 or something last year should it really be 1.5 times what the South End is?

I think the FO should take a boo at what Seattle and more so Portland have done and let the Supporters groups have first dibs on relocation for once and try to at least work with the groups to get some of that atmosphere back.

Also I think they have to match what the Impact did. Just from a PR stand point. This jersey thing is all fine and good but I am not getting another credit card for this deal.

Joe Kool
09-07-2012, 12:25 PM

I agree with your post. Out of curiosity what was year one pricing in the south end? I only got there two years ago so I have had the same price both years. I wasn't a season ticket holder in year one so I have no idea what they charged back then. Thanks.

CommradePolski
09-07-2012, 12:30 PM
In year 1 I paid 400$ for 2 seats in section 116 in the south end. This was a few months before beckham signed on with LAG.

AL-MO
09-07-2012, 12:31 PM
I agree with your post. Out of curiosity what was year one pricing in the south end? I only got there two years ago so I have had the same price both years. I wasn't a season ticket holder in year one so I have no idea what they charged back then. Thanks.

I believe it was approx. $200/ticket, all in.

Someone else could probably confirm though.

EDIT: Polski beat me to it.

Joe Kool
09-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Wow, I would actually be able to afford to renew at that price...not holding my breath :)

Ultra & Proud
09-07-2012, 01:17 PM
I believe it was approx. $200/ticket, all in.

Yeah that won't be happening again. I would be happy with $300 per ticket.

TOBOR !
09-07-2012, 01:33 PM
The people not using their tickets (like me) have realized its pointless to commit to a package and would be much more economical to pick and choose when to buy. I've eaten half the games, so that means each game I've attended I spent 160$ on tickets. And pretty much all the games except for the 1-0 win over Philly have been boring.

Exactly.

I've been to three games this year. I sold off 1/3 of my tickets to a relative - he's also been to three games. Between us we've managed to sell another two games.

The remainder of the tickets have gone unused.

I was one of the 16,000 this year, but I won't be next year. I wonder how many others are like me.

The thing is, I may be inclined to hold onto these tickets if I saw a bright future... any kind of potential. But I don't.

I just see the same shit being fed each year, and we'll have the same threads.

AL-MO
09-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah that won't be happening again. I would be happy with $300 per ticket.

$300 all in would be nice.

Super
09-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Thing about going back to year one prices is that it may not be a pleasing idea to the idiot suits that run our club, but it would actually be a pretty genius marketing tactic. They wouldn't even take a hit financially. And best of all: people would actually not hate this club as much after that. At the end of the day more people would end up buying tickets and going to games - more than if they only lowered the prices a little bit, or even by half.

Having said that, we all know that TFC doesn't know how to do anything smart since day one. So we'll likely get a price freeze, and they'll see thousands of people not renew (imagine the lost revenue on that + people would continue to hate the club). Opportunity lost to make things right with supporters.

Phil
09-07-2012, 02:31 PM
I would doubt season 1 prices, mostly because it was heavily marketed as an introductory price. Season 2 was more the real number and it grew out of control from there.

Anyhow, as far as Montreal, they undercut their own seasons ticket holders price after a few games into the season and are now doing a reward to their ssh and a price correction.

I do wish TFC would react to the market better, but having the 16000 renew last year means there are plenty outside this forum are *somewhat* happy.

Again, just looking at it with my analyst hat on.

Dave67
09-07-2012, 07:25 PM

Exactly.

I've been to three games this year. I sold off 1/3 of my tickets to a relative - he's also been to three games. Between us we've managed to sell another two games.

The remainder of the tickets have gone unused.

I was one of the 16,000 this year, but I won't be next year. I wonder how many others are like me.

The thing is, I may be inclined to hold onto these tickets if I saw a bright future... any kind of potential. But I don't.

I just see the same shit being fed each year, and we'll have the same threads.

See, I was in that spot last year, so I did not renew. I don't doubt a new group of people will drop tickets this year, but I am looking at TFC's track record and trying to guess what they will do with prices for 2013.

TFC track record on prices as best as I can remember.

2007 - Set initial prices
2008 - raised prices
2009 - raised prices
2010 - raised prices
2011 - froze prices
2012 - froze prices
2013 - ????

So if I am guessing based on the track record I say price freeze or token price drop. Nothing major. They still see 16,000 season ticket holders on the books. They have heard these random outbursts of 'I'm not renewing! There is no value in season tickets." before. Based on their track record why would they blink this time?

I really hope they drop the prices and change course. I'm just not expecting it.

Initial B
09-07-2012, 09:03 PM
They won't drop the prices until they see a drastic drop in the number of SSH renewals to under 12K (I believe that was the break-even point in the analysis for building BMO field - the real reason TFC exists), at which point they'll panic and start offering deals on blocks of SSH, say 4 seats at a time. When that doesn't work, I think they'll probably fold the team (or sell it and have it move to a desirable american location) than have it go into the red. The Anselmi suck-ups will get distributed around the MLSE organization and the rest will be forced to endure a long, dark period in Toronto soccer history.

SoccMan
09-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Here is a question if TFC was not as bad as they have been since day one, if for example they had made the playoffs let's say 3 times since year 1, had ok seasons even in the years they did not make the playoffs, MLSE had only slightly raised the prices maybe once, and treated the supporters much better, if this all happened would we still be seing all the empty seats, the atmosphere not being the same as the first two years and a major decline in season tickets like we will see next year? The reason I'm asking is would interest in TFC have still declined the way it has if things had gone better since day one or was the interest in the first few years superficial and it would have declined anyways regardless of how the team performed. What do people out here think about this?

eustacchio
09-09-2012, 08:38 AM
^ If they'd kept the prices relatively the same AND they made the playoffs 50% of the time, I don't see why the numbers would have dropped the way they have:

a) it would be more affordable
b) there would be more value

narduch
09-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Vancouver has added some more pressure to TFC, by offering a 12% discount to season ticket holders that renew:

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?3724-Early-birds-have-cheap-Whitecaps-season-tickets-to-catch

Initial B
09-10-2012, 12:52 PM
^ There is no possible way that MLSE cannot respond to these price points by their rivals. Impact and Whitecap fans are paying less to see better soccer. I think when the ticket pricing comes out for TFC, we'll have an accurate idea of the value they place on fans and supporters. It's crucial that the FO gets it right, or they're screwed.

james
09-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Agree, a smart promo for them at this point is to just lower prices to more like year 1 or 2. Anything less just leaves fans pissed off and empty seats, and looks bad on TV. Lower prices lead to yes less cost of seats, but full seats and happy customers. But this is Toronto, they don't like happy fans!

Oldtimer
09-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Just narrow self-interest should make them lower prices. If they have to sell through Groupon, they lose a lot.

CretanBull
09-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Here is a question if TFC was not as bad as they have been since day one, if for example they had made the playoffs let's say 3 times since year 1, had ok seasons even in the years they did not make the playoffs, MLSE had only slightly raised the prices maybe once, and treated the supporters much better, if this all happened would we still be seing all the empty seats, the atmosphere not being the same as the first two years and a major decline in season tickets like we will see next year? The reason I'm asking is would interest in TFC have still declined the way it has if things had gone better since day one or was the interest in the first few years superficial and it would have declined anyways regardless of how the team performed. What do people out here think about this?

I don't think that the interest in Toronto was superficial. It's possible that some fans might have lost interest, but if games were cheap and attending a game was a fun event then I can't imagine people who are even uninterested in soccer turning their backs on attending games once they'd experienced it.

The biggest mistake that our front office can make - and so far its one that they've insisted on making - is believing that the poor attitude among fans and supporters, the lack of passion in the stands and the empty seats in the stadium is a simple matter of getting results on the field. While winning would obviously help matters, fans and supporters who feel valued and respected will stick through tough times regardless of results. I'm a Leeds fan and in the last 20 years I've seen my club finish at the top of the league table, play Champions League football, nearly go backrupt, be relagated all the way down to the third division and wallow in the second division for years under the thumb of a cheap owner who won't commit to the club and my love and support for Leeds has never waned.

I'm fully prepared show TFC that same loyalty and passion, but they have to stop all of the bullshit. Stop ripping us off, stop gouging, stop taking advantage of us, stop taking us for granted, stop treating me like a walking wallet and most of all stop lying.

If TFC care at all about me and the thousands of others who feel the same way that I do, their number one priority this summer has to be to wipe the slate clean and start fresh. Admit their mistakes and take responsibility for them. Appologize to the fans, not for the team's results but for the shit-show the front office has been for the last six years. Make amends for the passed treatment of fans...no excuses, justifications or other bullshit - a heartfelt "we're sorry". Come clean and show me that you've learned from the past - and then we can start over from a position of mutal respect. Do that, and they'll have me for life. Fail to do that and I'll be gone for good.