PDA

View Full Version : "The Black Cat" Appreciation Thread

[NBF]
08-28-2012, 09:13 PM
This guy deserves his own thread.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/felix-the-cat.jpg

The official mascot of futility.

Richard
08-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Six fucking years, i imagine it fed off all the souls that graced bmo field.

nonc
08-28-2012, 09:24 PM
it was so fast i thought it was some kinda urban black cheetah

T-boy
08-28-2012, 09:35 PM
How the hell did a cat get into BMO when The Ex is on?! That's one hella brave kitty!

Doucet3
08-28-2012, 10:48 PM
How the hell did a cat get into BMO when The Ex is on?! That's one hella brave kitty!
That's what I was thinking lol like where the fuck did he come from? The lakeshore ? Like its literally a circus out there and he was booking it soooo hard, I was laughing out loud alone at this brave little bastard lol.

khso11
08-28-2012, 11:42 PM
the cat just brought away all our bad luck, lol, how the fuck did it get in the stadium?

Frings22
08-29-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm almost %100 sure that the cat is sadly dead. A fucking retarded security guard stomped on the cat's stomach before it left through the other exit. I'm sure it didn't survive a stomp on it chest from a big fat piece of shit security guard. That asshole should be fined.

Super
08-29-2012, 01:06 AM
the cat just brought away all our bad luck, lol, how the fuck did it get in the stadium?

No kidding. Our logo should be a broken mirror.

Carts
08-29-2012, 01:39 AM
The SQUIRREL put the cat to SHAME!

LOVE LIVE THE SQUIRREL...!!! :)

JuliquE
08-29-2012, 02:13 AM
I'm almost 0 sure that the cat is sadly dead. A fucking retarded security guard stomped on the cat's stomach before it left through the other exit. I'm sure it didn't survive a stomp on it chest from a big fat piece of shit security guard. That asshole should be fined.
You've got to be kidding me! Unbelievable.

Going back, though.. I just found it so strange that it seemed bent on making sure to cut across our goal-mouth, if it wasn't enough to have a black-cat citing at our pitch.

khso11
08-29-2012, 02:31 AM
I'm almost 0 sure that the cat is sadly dead. A fucking retarded security guard stomped on the cat's stomach before it left through the other exit. I'm sure it didn't survive a stomp on it chest from a big fat piece of shit security guard. That asshole should be fined.

Wat an idiot (just like usual BMO guards), but dont worry just like Soolsma, cats have 9 lives, i hope its ok

khso11
08-29-2012, 02:32 AM
No kidding. Our logo should be a broken mirror.

haha lol

Furtado91
08-29-2012, 05:37 AM

You saw This? and no photo was taken of ths security guard? considering animal services is literally across the street. that guard would have some serious explaining to do.

Rene Kingsriver
08-29-2012, 05:40 AM

He'll be worse than fired, that would be causing unnecessary suffering to an animal, a criminal offence, albeit one with ridiculously low penalties

Fort York Redcoat
08-29-2012, 06:27 AM
This story just gets worse and worse.

The cat teared into the stadium through the gap in 111-112 and darted the entire length of the field past every steward and cop doing absolutely nothing to herd it before it crossed the pitch at full speed and out at 127 to get stepped on?

Have none of these people ever owned a cat? God, it's not like it was a rabid panther. Just get in its way and it would go out the way it came. It was terrified.

Pookie
08-29-2012, 06:32 AM
"It was a copy cat" said the Squirrel

Thank you, I'm here all week. Please remember to tip your server.

Chevy
08-29-2012, 07:58 AM
In a perverted way, the cat only adds to the history and lore of our club. One day (or decade) when things are going well and we trounce clubs like Santos, we can look back on this time with some memories and with some great stories to tell. Maybe not FOND ones, but memories and stories nonetheless.

Now that I think about it a bit more....fuck. A fucking black cat. Fuck.

__wowza
08-29-2012, 08:12 AM
i can't tell which is worse:

the fact that the cat was so entertaining, or

the fact that when it stepped onto the pitch the ref watched it dart across ACROSS THE FUCKING GOAL LINE, allowed a santos to pass from 40 yards out and blast a shot outside the box before he blew the whistle AFTER hall had made a save.

gcolacci
08-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Look who just showed up on Twitter

https://twitter.com/BMOcat

T-boy
08-29-2012, 08:48 AM

If this is true, we should all track that piece of shit security guard down and take it in turns stomping on his chest. I would personally take a kick like I'm taking a penalty in a world cup final. :mad:

cmonyoureds
08-29-2012, 10:14 AM
I wasn't able to make the game, but if ever an incident cried out for the old "Sign him up, sign him up, Mariner sign him up" chant, this was IT!!! lol. Tell me someone sang it?

And yeah, that black cat symbol of futility idea is one of the best I've heard so far!!!!

Yagbod
08-29-2012, 10:34 AM
The video made it on to the Dirty Tackle today:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/black-cat-runs-across-pitch-during-concacaf-champions-030656515--sow.html

I have to assume that the infamous stomp occured after it came back down? Just curious.

eustacchio
08-29-2012, 10:41 AM
^ I was just going to post that. I figured it would have been at least three days before that appeared on Yahoo.

jabbronies
08-29-2012, 10:45 AM
The squirrel was in 2007 - our first year of futility.
Could the Cat signify an end to...never mind.

Yohan
08-29-2012, 11:49 AM
I thought the squirrel was in 09?

Frings22
08-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Yeah it was after it came down, my friend and I both saw it.Oh and it was one of the guys dressed in all black, not the ones with the yellow vests if that helps. There was a huge group of about 6-8 by the entrance/exit.

Klinsmann
08-29-2012, 12:15 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253175_10150992522091805_243831761_n.jpg

Fort York Redcoat
08-29-2012, 12:17 PM
RIP Felix.

jabbronies
08-29-2012, 12:19 PM
http://onefanandhisblog.wordpress.com/2007/09/23/tfc-scores-fans-go-nuts-for-sammy-the-squirrel/

eustacchio
08-29-2012, 12:31 PM
RIP Felix.

I prefer to think that he lived more like Fritz.

ryan
08-29-2012, 12:37 PM

Sent a request to MLSE to have it investigated. I'm sure they'll not give a flying fuck though.

TFC Cityboy
08-29-2012, 12:57 PM
I wasn't able to make the game, but if ever an incident cried out for the old "Sign him up, sign him up, Mariner sign him up" chant, this was IT!!! lol. Tell me someone sang it?

And yeah, that black cat symbol of futility idea is one of the best I've heard so far!!!!

tried to (in 112) but I guess it's not in the songbook so it didn't catch on
:)

leafsman
08-29-2012, 01:11 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253175_10150992522091805_243831761_n.jpg

thanks for my new twitter profile pic lol

TFCRegina
08-29-2012, 02:15 PM
If the cat was also really stomped on the chest (and I really hope it wasn't) it would be a fitting metaphor for supporters of this club.

But Animal Cruelty is no joke. Not cool. Not at all.

TFCRegina
08-29-2012, 02:23 PM
You can complain to TFC about this here: http://www.mlse.com/contactus_venues.aspx

Email them and lodge the complaint over this. If enough people do it, we can get something done about it.

ryan
08-29-2012, 02:48 PM
yep, that's where i submitted it.

the wife and i have 3 adopted from the streets gangster furballs. i'm like cartman in that cat sniffin episode...those eyes just kill me.

__wowza
08-29-2012, 02:52 PM

tried to (in 112) but I guess it's not in the songbook so it didn't catch on
:)

i love BMO kitty,
T.O's BMO kitty!
i love BMO kitty,
T.O's BMO kitty!

ryan
08-29-2012, 03:29 PM
MLSE responds in classic MLSE fashion

Thank you for your email about this incident.
We appreciate your concern and are hope you enjoyed the game.

nonc
08-29-2012, 03:40 PM

rofl

OgtheDim
08-29-2012, 03:58 PM

Two things as that is a VERY serious allegation.

a) Did you see this yourself or was it just reported to you by somebody?

b) Could you or any person who saw the incident you said point out the security guard if you saw him again?

Either the Humane Society or the OSPCA would be VERY interested I'm sure if you could corroborate this information.

A report to MLSE is useless. Frankly, if this did occur, the OSPCA should be called in and the twerp should be charged.

Alonso
08-29-2012, 04:23 PM

Should be arrested if true.

Why the fuck does he have to stomp on a cat for?!? It just wanted to get the hell out of the stadium.

AlanO
08-29-2012, 05:10 PM
The BMO cat tweets are friggin hilarious

ryan
08-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Two things as that is a VERY serious allegation.

a) Did you see this yourself or was it just reported to you by somebody?

b) Could you or any person who saw the incident you said point out the security guard if you saw him again?

Either the Humane Society or the OSPCA would be VERY interested I'm sure if you could corroborate this information.

A report to MLSE is useless. Frankly, if this did occur, the OSPCA should be called in and the twerp should be charged.

It actually looks worse on them for ignoring the report first and would help anger OSPCA. :)

I took care of phase one, who's up next?

The Professor
08-29-2012, 06:24 PM
From youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbUkMhSYVfQ&feature=player_embedded

@metalmatt91 - Our security and stadium managers have investigated this story and have found no evidence of it whatsoever. It seems the cat simply got away. Our common practice when we find stray animals is to secure them safely and take them to the nearby shelter you've mentioned. We are actively looking for the cat to do just that, however with CNE ongoing it's difficult. Our stadium staff found a kitten two weeks ago that may be related. They carried it to the shelter with great care.
torontofc (http://www.youtube.com/user/torontofc) in reply to metalmatt91 (http://www.youtube.com/user/metalmatt91) 5 hours ago in playlist Uploaded videos (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UUc1qA_64TEqAX9pnGJOO0Dw&feature=playlist-comment)

Frings22
08-29-2012, 06:30 PM
I saw it with my own eyes. Here's what happened. My friend and I were standing in section 111 when we saw the cat run by the ball carriers, the whole time we followed the cat and as it tried to exit the stadium, it ran to the away supporters exit I *almost certainly* saw the guard stomp on the cat so I turned to my friend and he said "Did that guard just stomp on the cat?!?" and we were just so shocked, hopefully someone else saw it too. Glad that you guys care though :)

eustacchio
08-29-2012, 06:41 PM

Thank you for your email about this incident.
We appreciate your concern and are hope you enjoyed the game.

nonc
08-29-2012, 06:41 PM
I saw it with my own eyes. Here's what happened. My friend and I were standing in section 111 when we saw the cat run by the ball carriers, the whole time we followed the cat and as it tried to exit the stadium, it ran to the away supporters exit I *almost certainly* saw the guard stomp on the cat so I turned to my friend and he said "Did that guard just stomp on the cat?!?" and we were just so shocked, hopefully someone else saw it too. Glad that you guys care though :)

cats are very quick, and this one obviously wasn't going to stop for anyone, how is a "fat" security guard able to stomp on it? why would he even bother if it's nearly out of the stadium, who wants a dead cat on their hands? if he did kill it, I'm sure people would've seen a dead cat..

OgtheDim
08-29-2012, 07:05 PM
cats are very quick, and this one obviously wasn't going to stop for anyone, how is a "fat" security guard able to stomp on it? why would he even bother if it's nearly out of the stadium, who wants a dead cat on their hands? if he did kill it, I'm sure people would've seen a dead cat..

Really? At the CNE, with all the various knooks and crannies...at night.....someobdy is going to see a dead cat?

Meh.........if he saw it, he should report it to the OSPCA. MLSE is NOT the ones to investigate this.

Frings22
08-29-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm not saying he died for sure but from my experience, animals usually die from things like that. What I'm almost sure about is the stomp.

nonc
08-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Meh.........if he saw it, he should report it to the OSPCA. MLSE is NOT the ones to investigate this.

I completely agree, if he knows what he saw and it was in fact as malicious as described, he should report it to give OSPCA a chance of holding TFC accountable for their employee's actions. Because this goes way beyond personal taste, it is simply an illegal action, particularly intolerable at a family-friendly venue.

Walms
08-30-2012, 08:52 AM
The SQUIRREL put the cat to SHAME!

LOVE LIVE THE SQUIRREL...!!! :)

Yess, thank you Cart, at least the Squirrel scored!!

JuliquE
08-30-2012, 08:49 PM
All your base are belong to us.

Rene Kingsriver
08-30-2012, 08:51 PM
I sent an email to the Toronto Humane Society and got this response...

Thank you for contacting the Toronto Humane Society. We have been in contact with TFC and have confirmed that the cat in question is healthy and doing fine. The incident described on the fan message boards did not occur. At no time was the cat stomped on nor was it injured in anyway. We greatly appreciate your concern for our four legged friends and thank you for reaching out to us. Regards, Barbara Steinhoff Director, Communications

FluSH
08-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Why is this even a poll... It's already adopted lol

FluSH
08-30-2012, 08:54 PM
;1524301']this guy deserves his own thread.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/felix-the-cat.jpg

the official mascot of futility.

end of year tifo right here!!!!

TOBOR !
08-30-2012, 09:26 PM
whenever a game is dull or in need of some life I say we should call :

Here puss-puss-puss-puss-puss-puss
Here Kitty-Kitty-kitty-kitty-kitty-kitty

TorontoGooner
08-31-2012, 04:15 AM
I sent an email to the Toronto Humane Society and got this response...

Thank you for contacting the Toronto Humane Society. We have been in contact with TFC and have confirmed that the cat in question is healthy and doing fine. The incident described on the fan message boards did not occur. At no time was the cat stomped on nor was it injured in anyway. We greatly appreciate your concern for our four legged friends and thank you for reaching out to us. Regards, Barbara Steinhoff Director, Communications

I hope this is true, that would be great news. I just hope TFC didn;t lie to cover their backsides when Animal Welfare called

gcolacci
08-31-2012, 08:58 AM
This was pretty killer. in regards to the stomping.lol

https://twitter.com/BMOcat/status/241527491716583425

bigredone
08-31-2012, 09:14 AM

Love it!

Lucky Strike
08-31-2012, 10:10 AM
All your base are belong to us.

All your base were belonged to us, then MLSE took an arrow to the knee.

Cashcleaner
08-31-2012, 12:42 PM

I don't know what's more laughable. The ridiculous premise that a security guard in a crowded stadium filled with over ten thousand people would choose to commit a completely random act of violence toward a cat, or the fact that a few people seem to believe this story.

Seriously? The guy's had 25 prior posts but we're going to lodge complaints based on this story?

Fort York Redcoat
08-31-2012, 01:07 PM
I don't know what's more laughable. The ridiculous premise that a security guard in a crowded stadium filled with over ten thousand people would choose to commit a completely random act of violence toward a cat, or the fact that a few people seem to believe this story.

Seriously? The guy's had 25 prior posts but we're going to lodge complaints based on this story?

Seriously. His story was found to be untrue or what he saw was misconstrued. People actually got to the bottom of it instead of a 100 pg bitchfest about nothing. I'm ok with this.

Frings22 may want to add to his story, though or his credibility may look porous.

TorontoGooner
08-31-2012, 01:48 PM

He is one tough Cat!

Frings22
08-31-2012, 02:51 PM
So you're saying that because you have almost 7,000 posts that you're more credible than me? I kind of get that but as you can see, I just joined the forums.. Not my problem if you don't believe me, I know what I saw and my friend knows what he saw. If you think that people having a heart and believing someone about animal cruelty is laughable just because said poster has only 25 posts then you sure need to get checked out.

[NBF]
08-31-2012, 04:13 PM

I don't doubt that there might have been a stomp or that a security team would lie about a cat getting away because it would save someone's job.

IMO, the most likely thing that happened is that the cat was captured in some way and it was thrown over a fence and it ran away regardless of its injuries.

Frings22
08-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Yeah I'm not saying he field goal kicked the cat... maybe he just got the tail but thank you for having some common sense and not thinking like Cashcleaner.

Rene Kingsriver
08-31-2012, 04:50 PM

I'm not going to get into an argument with you but I'm glad I sent that email to the THS.

Cashcleaner
08-31-2012, 04:51 PM
So you're saying that because you have almost 7,000 posts that you're more credible than me? I kind of get that but as you can see, I just joined the forums.. Not my problem if you don't believe me, I know what I saw and my friend knows what he saw. If you think that people having a heart and believing someone about animal cruelty is laughable just because said poster has only 25 posts then you sure need to get checked out.

I'm making no such comparison at all. The fact is that the story makes no sense at all, and these boards have fallen for similar stunts in the past. Again, are we really to believe that a security guard is going to commit a rather violent crime surrounded by so many witnesses for absolutely no reason? Is this guy a serial cat-stomper? Did he have a bet with a friend to see how many cats he could stomp on that day and just got really lucky when one showed up at work?

But of course what really damages your account is the fact that both TFC and the Toronto Humane Society pretty much say the exact opposite of what you are contending.

Thank you for contacting the Toronto Humane Society. We have been in contact with TFC and have confirmed that the cat in question is healthy and doing fine. The incident described on the fan message boards did not occur. At no time was the cat stomped on nor was it injured in anyway. We greatly appreciate your concern for our four legged friends and thank you for reaching out to us.

Regards,

Barbara Steinhoff (THS)

Our security and stadium managers have investigated this story and have found no evidence of it whatsoever. It seems the cat simply got away. Our common practice when we find stray animals is to secure them safely and take them to the nearby shelter you've mentioned. We are actively looking for the cat to do just that, however with CNE ongoing it's difficult. Our stadium staff found a kitten two weeks ago that may be related. They carried it to the shelter with great care. - Toronto FC (Asif Hussein)

Now is usually the part where a reasonable person would apologize for making an accusation of animal cruelty against the security guard in question. My issue isn't so much that people are concerned about the welfare of a defenseless animal. It's the kneejerk mob mentality that gets us riled up over a matter that can be easily clarified with a single email or telephone call.

Frings22
08-31-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm making no such comparison at all. The fact is that the story makes no sense at all, and these boards have fallen for similar stunts in the past. Again, are we really to believe that a security guard is going to commit a rather violent crime surrounded by so many witnesses for absolutely no reason? Is this guy a serial cat-stomper? Did he have a bet with a friend to see how many cats he could stomp on that day and just got really lucky when one showed up at work?

But of course what really damages your account is the fact that both TFC and the Toronto Humane Society pretty much say the exact opposite of what you are contending.

"Similar stunts"? Care to elaborate?

Now is usually the part where a reasonable person would apologize for making an accusation of animal cruelty against the security guard in question.

Why should I apologize for something that *Oh I know how to use bold font too* BOTH MY FRIEND AND I SAW.

"Is this guy a serial cat-stomper? Did he have a bet with a friend to see how many cats he could stomp on that day and just got really lucky when one showed up at work?"
You're too funny, I can't stop laughing.

Oldtimer
08-31-2012, 05:43 PM
I for one am not going to call you out as some kind of liar, I believe that you reported what you really think you saw, and no-one should doubt that. I also am very familiar with the Toronto Humane Society, they are passionate about what they do and would thoroughly investigate any situation. They are in no way beholden to ML$E, and are militant about animal welfare. So you can relax, you reported that you asked " did he stomp the cat? " The real answer is no, but you couldn't have known that in the confusion of the moment. I'm just glad it was checked into and you were totally right to bring it up.

Shakes McQueen
08-31-2012, 06:35 PM
I've got no problem with investigating what you thought was an act of animal cruelty, and reporting it to THS. But in the future, I suggest being more than "almost sure" (your words) you saw what you saw, before hurling a bunch of insults and invective like you did in your first post.

Anyway, the cat is fine, the THS turned up no evidence of wrongdoing. Non-issue.

- Scott

Redcoe15
08-31-2012, 07:08 PM
Someone should call Bubbles to straighten the guard out.

http://www.freemobilefun.net/wallp/240_320/tvshows/trailer-park-boys-bubbles.jpg

Gazza
08-31-2012, 07:18 PM
Someone should call Bubbles to straighten the guard out.

http://www.freemobilefun.net/wallp/240_320/tvshows/trailer-park-boys-bubbles.jpg

Might've been the famous Shit Rock.

Bubbles has been missing that guy since season 3.

<a href="http://youtu.be/go09bDsLZtM" target="_blank">
http://youtu.be/go09bDsLZtM (http://youtu.be/go09bDsLZtM)

Gazza
08-31-2012, 07:27 PM
This one is dedicated to Frings22. Your efforts were not lost on this beautiful bastard.

http://youtu.be/KBdxQyPWgg0

__wowza
08-31-2012, 07:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO92VGKOYy4

TOBOR !
09-01-2012, 07:08 AM
This thread is just like so many others on these boards.

Somebody makes a claim, or a statement, which they are ulitmately unable to prove with anything other than conviction and rather than leave it at that, what follows is a form of persecution.

There`s a pile-on, as folks with previously nothing to say in the thread appear to denounce the poster`s claims.

Is there really anything to see here ?

Come on people. Move on.

Brooker
09-03-2012, 12:49 AM

lol have u ever been to BMO before?

Cashcleaner
09-03-2012, 03:17 AM
^ I'm just waiting for the day when some douche player from Columbus gets mauled by a Grizzly.

http://cdn.thegloss.com/files/2011/10/bear.jpg

Redcoe15
09-03-2012, 12:01 PM
http://cdn.thegloss.com/files/2011/10/bear.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo110/__silhouettedreams/livejournal/StephenColbertNooooo.gif

[NBF]
09-22-2012, 12:20 PM
I already miss talking about this cat.

I dont know if he was a fad or not. He wasnt here long enough I guess. Just to remind everyone, here's some photos of what happened for posterity:

1:

http://thesoccerroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/blackcat.jpg

2:
http://thestar.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341bf8f353ef017c31b6df0e970b-800wi

3:
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Gq2YDiG6bMNl8QorMNmNEQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD00ODU7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2012-08-29T023048Z_921438299_GM1E88T0SZQ01_RTRMADP_3_SOCCE R-CONCACAF.JPG

Its just begging to get more embarrassing for 2013.

gcolacci
10-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Bring back the CAT.

Tifo at the next game?