PDA

View Full Version : Teal Bunbury out 6-8 months

__wowza
08-27-2012, 11:10 PM
http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2012/08/sporting-kc-forward-teal-bunbury-suffers-season-ending-knee-injury

Sporting Kansas City forward Teal Bunbury suffered a torn ACL and damaged LCL in his left knee during Sunday’s 1-1 draw against the New York Red Bulls, the team announced on Monday. Bunbury will undergo surgery on Friday under the care of the team’s orthopedic surgeon Dr. Scott Luallin and is expected to miss six to eight months.

if you saw it, it was pretty nasty.
diagnosis just came in.

West220Side
08-28-2012, 06:03 AM
http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2012/08/sporting-kc-forward-teal-bunbury-suffers-season-ending-knee-injury

if you saw it, it was pretty nasty.
diagnosis just came in.

Considering we have to playing Kansas again, good for us.
With that said, I don't think anybody would 'enjoy' reading about this just because of the national team issue. Best of luck on the recovery I would say.

Fort York Redcoat
08-28-2012, 06:08 AM
Considering we have to playing Kansas again, good for us.
With that said, I don't think anybody would 'enjoy' reading about this just because of the national team issue. Best of luck on the recovery I would say.

Glad you piped up so quick West220. Very classy.

ENJOY ing the news would be considered harsh but I certainly don't wish him well and don't much care if it takes him longer than sooner. The bright side is maybe he can spend more time with his awesome dad.

Oldtimer
08-28-2012, 07:20 AM
It's sad to see any player get seriously injured, even if it's a foreign player. Thankfully, all of the CMNT squad seem to be healthy.

Yohan
08-28-2012, 07:22 AM
While I don't take pleasure in other people's suffering, but karma, she is a nasty bitch. Bunbury's career keep going downwards, from being called up to USMNT to not even being considered, basically a sub for Kansas City, now a really terrible injury

Yohan
08-28-2012, 07:23 AM
It's sad to see any player get seriously injured, even if it's a foreign player. Thankfully, all of the CMNT squad seem to be healthy.

oh ouch. lol. Only serious injury for CMNT is Josh Simpson

TFC_Allez
08-28-2012, 07:25 AM
Don't like the guy...but after having potentially torn my ACL and meniscus (words still out until I finally get an MRI), I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone...even Judas Bunbury.

prizby
08-28-2012, 07:49 AM
i remember all the us fans yelling karma when rossi tore his...

zeelaw
08-28-2012, 08:04 AM
1/2 Hargraeves

Yeoman
08-28-2012, 05:01 PM
teal is a colour
alex is a legend

that banner is going with me to kansas regardless saturday

nonc
08-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Teal would be a fifth choice striker for CANMNT so if USMNT want to give him PT I couldn't care less.

MartinUtd
08-28-2012, 06:20 PM
teal is a colour
alex is a legend

that banner is going with me to kansas regardless saturday

I love it! Can't wait to see if it gets aired on TV

JuliquE
08-29-2012, 04:03 AM
Not recent news or even directly related, but it is re: a team-mate of Teal's and someone that might have to fill his boots, at that: just noticed that, after scoring the third goal in Montréal, Jacob Peterson went on to kiss the U.S. flag on his sleeve (initially looking to the side with the MLS logo, on the right).

What a magnificent cunt.