PDA

View Full Version : Pre/In/Post-Game Thread: Houston Dynamo vs Toronto FC Sat Aug 25, 2012 @ 8:30PM EDT

Joe Kool
08-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Ok guys, I saw a Santos pregame thread but nothing for the Houston game so I am starting one. Let's hear your thoughts on this one...

I think we are going to try to hold on but Houston will be too much at home for TFC to handle right now the way they are playing. Possible Mariner excuses....the heat, the travel, the busy schedule, not enough practice time, not enough quality(oh wait, that was Winter's)?

Fort York Redcoat
08-24-2012, 09:42 AM
...the drunktank

All good excuses.

ManUtd4ever
08-24-2012, 09:59 AM
This game is utterly meaningless. Start the scrubs in anticipation of the CCL match against Santos Laguna on Tuesday.

T-boy
08-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Mariner can't win in this game. If he plays the scrubs, and we get thrashed, everybody on here would be calling him a bad manager! If he plays the first team and loses, he would be called a bad manager for playing the first teamers! If we win, people would say its meaningless and takes away from the CCL game and the players won't be rested. I actually remember people on here complaining about Winter last season in similar matches before CCL games! It's a no-win situation for managers with fans already on their back.

Pookie
08-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Mariner can't win in this game. If he plays the scrubs, and we get thrashed, everybody on here would be calling him a bad manager! If he plays the first team and loses, he would be called a bad manager for playing the first teamers! If we win, people would say its meaningless and takes away from the CCL game and the players won't be rested. I actually remember people on here complaining about Winter last season in similar matches before CCL games! It's a no-win situation for managers with fans already on their back.

While that may be true, it's about time that the players who supposedly aspire to a professional career ultimately step up and play like they are capable of.

T-boy
08-24-2012, 03:11 PM
While that may be true, it's about time that the players who supposedly aspire to a professional career ultimately step up and play like they are capable of.

I would agree, although the current TFC "second 11" would be thrashed off the park by a sunday league team! (defence of Maund-Cann-Harden-Hall anyone?!)

Pookie
08-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Well, we always hear about this supposed league parity. Sure would be nice to get some parity type players.

On any given day, the worst team in the league can beat the best. If they aren't playing for the crest, at least play for their careers. Just one night, I'd like to go to bed happy... when it comes to soccer I mean.

narduch
08-24-2012, 04:57 PM
I expect Mariner to dress a strong squad (or at least as close to his version of his starting 11).

He needs results in the league to save his job. As much as Anselmi gave Mariner a vote of confidence recently, a long losing spell isn't good for Mariner's future.

asterix606
08-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Houston is undefeated at home this year! 8-0-4 with 23 goals scored.

We are 2-8-2 on the road.

I unfortunatly perdict 2-0 for Houston tonight.

Oldtimer
08-25-2012, 01:37 PM
This game just screams "loss," although it would be nice to see something different.

Red CB Toronto
08-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Where is everyone planning on watching the game tonight, will a good sized group make it out to Joe's? Was also thinking of hitting up Scallywags as it is much closer to me.

jloome
08-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Can't wait for the game the Impact D.C. United game that is, a game that actually means something with a playoff berth in contention, something this TFC team can still only dream of after 6 lousy years and Nesta is back in the lineup too, should be a good one at a sold out Saputo! ( TSN2 4:00 P.M.)

So you don't mind rooting for your team's rival? Bit uncivil.

asterix606
08-25-2012, 04:39 PM

ri·val (rhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/imacr.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifvhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gifl)n.

1. One who attempts to equal or surpass another, or who pursues the same object as another; a competitor. (TRUE: We try to compete in MLS)
2. One that equals or almost equals another in a particular respect. (FALSE: We are a terrible franchise, we have no equals as a bottom feeder)

[NBF]
08-25-2012, 04:45 PM
What TFC should do is try to emulate the Montreal Impact's model and try to build from the back. IMO, they should of picked up Mellberg to go with O'Dea. Hassli, was just the wrong decision. Hassli, is a great player, but I dont think he is as important as a Mellberg in the backline.

jloome
08-25-2012, 05:00 PM
ri·val (rhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/imacr.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifvhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gifl)n.

1. One who attempts to equal or surpass another, or who pursues the same object as another; a competitor. (TRUE: We try to compete in MLS)
2. One that equals or almost equals another in a particular respect. (FALSE: We are a terrible franchise, we have no equals as a bottom feeder)

yes, but since you're able to use a dictionary, you might want to be aware of the fact that you don't need both definitions present for the word to be accurate. The first one suffices. Is the guy a TFC fan or an L'impact fan? They're a rival, so logic would suggest that if it's not one or the other, it's neither. And in such a case, it's uncivil to go into someone else's house and piss in their cornflakes.

However, if the concept of rivalry is basically meaningless......what is the point of following teams in the first place?

narduch
08-25-2012, 05:09 PM

Where in his post did he say he is rooting for anyone? He just said he wanted to watch the game.

I watched the game too. The sad thing is that TFC is years behind the Impact.

;1523385']Vancouver as of late have caught the TFC bug it seems because they are in 6th place as are the Impact, but they seem to have imploded somewhat. Too many transfers.http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/smilies/smile.png

What standings are you looking at? Vancouver still holds the 5th and final playoff spot in the West.

I do agree with you though, that they may have made too many mid-season moves. Trying to fix something that wasn't broken.

SoccMan
08-25-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm a TFC season ticket holder since day one, who is fed up with the futility of 6 sad years, what do you want me to do bend over and just keep taking it!

Fort York Redcoat
08-25-2012, 05:19 PM
People please stay on topic. There are other threads for other games.

KGH
08-25-2012, 05:58 PM
For what it's worth... The injury report:

HOUSTON DYNAMO -- OUT: DF Alex Dixon (heat illness); DF Warren Creavalle (L ankle sprain); PROBABLE: MF Ricardo Clark (L ankle sprain)

TORONTO FC -- OUT: GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg); FW Danny Koevermans (L knee ACL tear); DF Ty Harden (lower abdominal strain); DF Matt Stinson (R quadriceps strain); DF Doneil Henry (L knee tendinosis); MF Reggie Lambe (R knee MCL sprain); QUESTIONABLE: FW Eric Hassli (back spasms)

narduch
08-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Frings and Morgan are both a yellow card away from suspension.

KGH
08-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Frings and Morgan are both a yellow card away from suspension.

Neither has to worry tonight as they're both not starting...I'm predicting 4-0 Houston

Torontotonto
08-25-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm a TFC season ticket holder since day one, who is fed up with the futility of 6 sad years, what do you want me to do bend over and just keep taking it!

So am I
Easy to fix
Just don't make it 7 sad years
Or I guess just keep bending

Like FYRC said lots of thread for that.
Game Day...
Come on you REDS

:flare::drum: :scarf: :drum::flare:

Soccerpro
08-25-2012, 07:19 PM
I just saw our lineup on MLS' website. Just horrible. And Mariner continues to bring less than a full compliment of subs. Talk about disrespecting some players.

notthesun
08-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Lineup (https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/239504614809034752): F. Hall; J. Hall, Eckersley, O'Dea, Emory; Wiedeman, Maund, Dunfield, Johnson; Amarikwa, Silva

Had to stop lurking for this one. What unspeakable things does Avila need to do to get minutes? Must be depressing for him to know he's on the bench with some of those names in the starting eleven. 3rd game in a row out of the starting lineup. With a bench of Kocic, Cann, Williams, Morgan and him, if Mariner still doesn't sub him in he's gotta be on his way out. Feels like he's on his way out already though if I'm honest.

Benficachop20
08-25-2012, 07:26 PM
I just saw our lineup on MLS' website. Just horrible. And Mariner continues to bring less than a full compliment of subs. Talk about disrespecting some players.

it's a complete joke. Can't call Maku or Cordon because there's a threat that they just might be better than some of his crappy signings. Also 3 of the 5 subs are defenders, and the other is a gk. so WHEN we're losing he only has one attacking option, GENIUS. Hall again, u can bet he's gonna play the rest of the season. We're gonna get thrashed tonight imo.

Jeff s
08-25-2012, 07:27 PM
This jackass still has the nerve to not call up any of the academy players. He rather have a short bench full of defenders than call up some Canadian kids.

[NBF]
08-25-2012, 07:29 PM

Where do you see the lineups?

Oldtimer
08-25-2012, 07:30 PM
So any streams yet?

khso11
08-25-2012, 07:30 PM
frings and morgan not playing, game over. And O'Dea will be the captain tonight

luisfigo
08-25-2012, 07:32 PM
I'd like to see more of Avila. At least some sub minutes, better option that throwing Maund or someone else in. Dunfield and his johnny try hard play is great and all, but he belongs in the CSL or the bench. TFC will get crushed tonight. I hope they don't, but all signs point to thrashing.

Benficachop20
08-25-2012, 07:33 PM
lol Mariner sees something in Maund that he thinks he'd be successful in midfield lol. I only see shit.

Jpexxx
08-25-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm content with the starting 11.

Game vs Santos is infinity times more important than a road game in a location no visiting teams have won at this season..

Smuttynose
08-25-2012, 07:35 PM
a pretty bad houston stream...
http://sj-tvko.blogspot.ca/2009/11/channel-2.html

parkdale says 'give rep to this post'

Richard
08-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Every coach in TFC's history seems to get into a "My dick is bigger than your dick" argument with players. :facepalm:

v00d00daddy
08-25-2012, 07:37 PM
I'd like to see more of Avila. At least some sub minutes, better option that throwing Maund or someone else in. Dunfield and his johnny try hard play is great and all, but he belongs in the CSL or the bench. TFC will get crushed tonight. I hope they don't, but all signs point to thrashing.

Devos says Dunfield, Maunde, Eckersley, and O'Dea are very important for Tfc.

Hahaha. What a joke.

They explained why Hassli isn't in Houston (back spasms) but no explanation for frings' absence.

Is he hurt?

Dkolish3
08-25-2012, 07:37 PM
So any streams yet?

There is always one at http://www.thefirstrow.eu/ always

[NBF]
08-25-2012, 07:38 PM
wow that is a horrible camera angle

lobo
08-25-2012, 07:38 PM
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/137342/1/watch-houston-dynamo-vs-toronto-fc.html

here's a goddamn stream for this shit game.. fuck.

notthesun
08-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Devos says Dunfield, Maunde, Eckersley, and O'Dea are very important for Tfc.

Hahaha. What a joke.

They explained why Hassli isn't in Houston (back spasms) but no explanation for frings' absence.

Is he hurt?

Wileman said Mariner is just resting him for the CCL game.

jloome
08-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Where in his post did he say he is rooting for anyone? He just said he wanted to watch the game.

I watched the game too. The sad thing is that TFC is years behind the Impact.

So did I. But I'd hardly categorize any game in whcih I 'm a neutral observer as "I can't wait," as he did, so it seems unlikely it was a neutral comment. And we're years behind them because they have a 'Serie A' defence that I have a very hard time believing is being paid.... oh, "$50,000", as is Matteo Ferrari's listed salary. I'm not protesting a little off-the-books action, but I'm also aware that with our "make a buck at any cost" front office, we'll never get that privilege.

[NBF]
08-25-2012, 07:44 PM
I see a 4-1-4-1 out there even though the tv said it was a 4-4-2.

ArmenJBX
08-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Hey, hearing this, for what it's worth.
Milos Kocic's wife is really, really pregnant at this point. Might factor into his exclusion.

[NBF]
08-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Henry, Morgan, and Stinson got raises recently, does anyone know if Kocic got a raise as well?

Benficachop20
08-25-2012, 07:56 PM
lol hall kicked the ball out twice and is smiling about it.

Dkolish3
08-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Pure class by Houstan

Ageroo
uggh as soon as i tune in.....

Benficachop20
Hey, hearing this, for what it's worth.
Milos Kocic's wife is really, really pregnant at this point. Might factor into his exclusion.

So? he's in houston, miles away from his wife i'm sure he can still play.

1-0 some great defending

Furtado91
08-25-2012, 07:59 PM
And so it begins. 1-0 Houston.

[NBF]
08-25-2012, 08:00 PM
"wooooo wooo wooo lets go dynamo," thats a catchy tune.

69Chevy396
08-25-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm content with the starting 11.

Game vs Santos is infinity times more important than a road game in a location no visiting teams have won at this season..

The CCL games are a waste of time and are partly responsible for the continued malaise within this organization by enabling incompetence to be rewarded and to to provide the club with a false sense of accomplishment. TFC is an MLS club, their participation in the CCL is a joke given their mediocrity. Outside of the supporters groups fans recognize this and have expressed this through ignoring the ccl games

jloome
08-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Look at the space in our midfield with Dunfield caught up field. Pathetic. You could've driven Truckosaurus through that gap.

leafsman
08-25-2012, 08:01 PM
remind me why ecks is a cb? i really hope mariner is gone, what other manager plays guys out of position constantly

AlanO
08-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Houston should have made it 2-0

SoccMan
08-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Hey Anselmi and Paul Bernie want to remind all season ticket holders to not forget to renew your season tickets for an exciting 2013 season wiith the one and only Paul Mariner as your head coach, don't forget to renew people another great season of TFC soccer is waiting for you! What a joke fold now!

[NBF]
08-25-2012, 08:05 PM
If O'Dea is plays the entire game tonight he will have screamed away any positive thoughts of being able to turn this team around by 2013.

ArmenJBX
08-25-2012, 08:07 PM
So? he's in houston, miles away from his wife i'm sure he can still play.

1-0 some great defending

That's what I'm wondering too. It's not a really good excuse if that's the one they're using.

Maybe he doesn't want to go back tired? I don't know.

jloome
08-25-2012, 08:09 PM
That's what I'm wondering too. It's not a really good excuse if that's the one they're using.

Maybe he doesn't want to go back tired? I don't know.

If she's imminent, then they're letting him stay for the birth. That's quite normal for pro teams these days.

[NBF]
08-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Houston 55% - 45% Toronto

Dkolish3
08-25-2012, 08:12 PM
If she's imminent, then they're letting him stay for the birth. That's quite normal for pro teams these days.

He's on the bench thou

Dkolish3
08-25-2012, 08:14 PM
How did we go from having too many wingers, to having to use Ryan Johnson as a left mid?

jloome
08-25-2012, 08:15 PM
How did we go from having too many wingers, to having to use Ryan Johnson as a left mid?

Our upfield pressure is pathetic right now. Guys aren't even trying to close on the ball. Johnson's one of the worst offenders. He has no defensive game at all.

Ageroo
08-25-2012, 08:19 PM
wow...this houston commentator saying toronto back four great at defending......yikes. What is he smoking...

Ageroo
08-25-2012, 08:22 PM

we shipped them all out. :)

Mak
08-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Mariner has proved to be a fucking pylon....this 2nd tier line cannot even play in a beer league, let alone compete in the CSL. Totally fucking embarrassing after 6 years. Mariner gets rid of Soolsma arguably our best winger. I thought JDG underperformed for us, but Wiedeman does even belong in a kids league....fucking clueless...makes senseless runs....constantly out of position..zero talent. Mariner's player = Maund, Wiedenma, Amerikua, makubya, etc etc etc..none of the MLS players. I am fucken pissed....I am a season ticket holder from Day 1....never missed a home game....I own every shirt and piece of gear available....repaind with this fucking crap. vanouver is going to make the playoffs and probably even Montreal. Totally disheartened. Anslemi is a fucking moron. Everyone in the front office should be fired...top to bottom.

[NBF]
08-25-2012, 08:28 PM
At some point during the match Amerikwa is going to climb up into the air and even up the score with a header.

69Chevy396
08-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Mariner has proved to be a fucking pylon....this 2nd tier line cannot even play in a beer league, let alone compete in the CSL. Totally fucking embarrassing after 6 years. Mariner gets rid of Soolsma arguably our best winger. I thought JDG underperformed for us, but Wiedeman does even belong in a kids league....fucking clueless...makes senseless runs....constantly out of position..zero talent. Mariner's player = Maund, Wiedenma, Amerikua, makubya, etc etc etc..none of the MLS players. I am fucken pissed....I am a season ticket holder from Day 1....never missed a home game....I own every shirt and piece of gear available....repaind with this fucking crap. vanouver is going to make the playoffs and probably even Montreal. Totally disheartened. Anslemi is a fucking moron. Everyone in the front office should be fired...top to bottom.

Don't renew. There will continue to be game day tickets, and you will feel a lot better. I went from 4 seats to 2 to 1 to zero. That, my friend is the cure for the mlse disease.

Jpexxx
08-25-2012, 08:29 PM
The CCL games are a waste of time and are partly responsible for the continued malaise within this organization by enabling incompetence to be rewarded and to to provide the club with a false sense of accomplishment. TFC is an MLS club, their participation in the CCL is a joke given their mediocrity. Outside of the supporters groups fans recognize this and have expressed this through ignoring the ccl games

I don't ignore the CCL games. In fact most of my favourite memories at BMO have all been at CCL match ups.

Compition A- TFC are 20 points out of a play off spot. Playing in a stadium that hasn't seen a home loss in 20 matches vs ANYBODY.

Comptition B- TFC needs a win at home to the favourites (who we have bad blood with) to give themselves a shot at making the next stage.

I'm fine with playing a few scrubs vs Houston if it means fresh Frings, Hassli, Kocic.

OgtheDim
08-25-2012, 08:33 PM
.... Outside of the supporters groups fans recognize this and have expressed this through ignoring the ccl games

You obviously were not there for the last Santos game but...this is for another thread.

Mak
08-25-2012, 08:35 PM
I am a soccer fanatic and want to support our team.but MLSE has fucked us over. Our 1st year team was better to watch...I hate to say that under Winter at least we were much better to watch. They passed the ball around and kept possession instead we now have hoof-ball, talent was shipped out....remain talent remains on the bench like Avila....and zero talented Dunfield, Wiedeman, Maund, Amrikwa, Lambe all play in front of him. Mariner is a fucken retard that rode Steve Nichol's coat tails. Just like Johnston.....Mariner over sold himself to Anselmi and Co.

lobo
08-25-2012, 08:35 PM
so, mariner has completely trash canned the team vision of possession-based attacking football for this direct long ball school yard stuff?

should be a simple game plan, but we still can't execute it. we put more balls in touch or to their keeper than find the target. and when we do find the target, we simply cannot hold the ball.

fugly. on so many levels.

69Chevy396
08-25-2012, 08:42 PM
You obviously were not there for the last Santos game but...this is for another thread.

That game was exciing but it was and remains pointless, the Mexican team will thrash us. This game against Houston is more important

Nerepis
08-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Mariner @ half time: "It's the best we played in a long, long time" :facepalm:

billyfly
08-25-2012, 08:48 PM
SIGH.

Benficachop20
08-25-2012, 08:50 PM
O'dea looking like ecks with these constant long balls or crossfield passes that ends up going to houston players.

Dkolish3
08-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Again Silva almost provides hope

OgtheDim
08-25-2012, 08:53 PM
That game was exciing but it was and remains pointless, ...

It was a wonderful game played in the midst of one of our worst stretches of play. Most of us went there expecting to get tonked.

We didn't.

It was fun, which is what supporting a team is all about. And there were a LOT of us non supporter group types there that night.

If you can't see the fun and importance to supporters as a whole of these matches....well...its a little like discussing God with an atheist.

Dkolish3
08-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Wait a second did Weedamen just come on?

Benficachop20
08-25-2012, 08:55 PM
what the wiedeman subbed off again after another crappy performance. NO WAY

OgtheDim
08-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Avila!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlanO
08-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Eric Avila sighting

Dkolish3
08-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Avila Lives!!!! Somehow he's rated less Amarikwa, and Weedman

DangerRed
08-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Mariner looks like a complete fool on the sidelines, jumping up and down uncontrollably and screaming at the players. Sorry but it's very rare that this sort of behavior from a manager who has control and confidence of his squad. And please don't go making comparisons to Mourinho or Guardiola. This isn't animated management. It's embarrassing.

ArmenJBX
If this is the best Toronto FC have played in a while, Mariner needs to be fired. Stat.

Benficachop20
now we have a gk and 3 defenders in the bench, some very good attacking options...

moralis
08-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Remember that quote: Mariner @ half time: "It's the best we played in a long, long time"

I will and will bring it the attention of Mariner at one of the town hall meetings

This is not the TFC management leadersip we need. I'm tired of this SHIT. MARINER OUT.

OgtheDim
08-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Does the Houston defence have a spot bet on a TFC goal between 60 and 70 minutes?

(Sorry, I watch too much cricket)

Oldtimer
08-25-2012, 09:04 PM
Mariner looks like a complete fool on the sidelines, jumping up and down uncontrollably and screaming at the players.

Reminds me of a soccer mom.

Houston is barely trying and still TFC can't take advantage of the situation.

Dkolish3
08-25-2012, 09:05 PM
MORGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least he can cross.

Oldtimer
08-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Some excellent "technical play" from Dunfield.

Time for a Frings Facepalm:

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3049&d=1343937129

lobo
08-25-2012, 09:06 PM
"this yellow card brought to you by Centre Point Energy"

LMAO ... houston broadcast

Oldtimer
08-25-2012, 09:08 PM
"Time to join the Houston Dynamo waiting list"

They have no problems with sell-outs.

Houston has barely broken a sweat.

Dkolish3
08-25-2012, 09:09 PM
What an incredibly boring game. Has TFC had a shot.

DangerRed
08-25-2012, 09:10 PM
What a fucking snoozefest. Just put the kid down to watch the second half, and this makes me wish I had gone to sleep as well. This won't win me any fans, but it's getting difficult to follow this team because I watch an EPL team in the morning. It's tough - you want to say, yes, the skill level is way lower here, but these are good guys with heart.. but are they? You watch Mariner and you just get queasy.

Oldtimer
08-25-2012, 09:10 PM
Houston going into "defense first" mode.

DangerRed
08-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Thank god for the Kilkenny and Stiegl I have stocked in the fridge...

OgtheDim
08-25-2012, 09:11 PM
That pitch is awful down that end.

Oldtimer
08-25-2012, 09:12 PM
What a fucking snoozefest. Just put the kid down to watch the second half, and this makes me wish I had gone to sleep as well. This won't win me any fans, but it's getting difficult to follow this team because I watch an EPL team in the morning. It's tough - you want to say, yes, the skill level is way lower here, but these are good guys with heart.. but are they? You watch Mariner and you just get queasy.

Watch the better teams, they are much more enjoyable. TFC is a disaster, and even their opposition plays down to them. They know there is little threat from TFC.

"very good defensively." bwa-ha-ha-ha!!!!

Furtado91
08-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Just noticed tfcs goalkeeper and houstons goalkeepers laat name is both hall. Lol man what a snoozefest

69Chevy396
08-25-2012, 09:13 PM
It was a wonderful game played in the midst of one of our worst stretches of play. Most of us went there expecting to get tonked.

We didn't.

It was fun, which is what supporting a team is all about. And there were a LOT of us non supporter group types there that night.

If you can't see the fun and importance to supporters as a whole of these matches....well...its a little like discussing God with an atheist.

Sure it was exciting. But the opponent was jet lagged, ill prepared, and frankly of the same quality as the team from Edmonton.

OgtheDim
08-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Sure it was exciting. But the opponent was jet lagged, ill prepared, and frankly of the same quality as the team from Edmonton.

Santos? I was talking about that.

BTW, anybody got a good sandwich recipe tonight?

DangerRed
08-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Watch the better teams, they are much more enjoyable. TFC is a disaster, and even their opposition plays down to them. They know there is little threat from TFC.

"very good defensively." bwa-ha-ha-ha!!!!

Oh, I do watch the better teams. I watch the best: Chelsea. :D (Eden Hazard has been a revelation so far this year, and Torres has his form back as a result)

And yeah, I don't know what sort of drug laws they have in Houston, but they should make them more strict because these commentators are the living end.

AlanO
08-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Moffat was six inches away from the goal of the year.

Dkolish3
08-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Oh, I do watch the better teams. I watch the best: Chelsea. :D (Eden Hazard has been a revelation so far this year, and Torres has his form back as a result)

And yeah, I don't know what sort of drug laws they have in Houston, but they should make them more strict because these commentators are the living end.

They have to talk about something I mean they can't say that Houston essentially won the game in the first ten minutes then coasted for the next 80 minutes.

Jpexxx
08-25-2012, 09:21 PM
"this yellow card brought to you by Centre Point Energy"

LMAO ... houston broadcast

I laughed at that too.

The Houston broadcast team has been praising the TFC defense all game, he even spent about 2 minutes in the first half discussing how much he loves Adrian Cann.

He also loves the fact that Mariner jumps around like a mad man.

Dkolish3
08-25-2012, 09:22 PM
They have to talk about something I mean they can't say that Houston essentially won the game in the first ten minutes then coasted for the next 80 minutes.

What? We Scored? How? Dynamo I guess could only sleep walk so long

tfcfans
Wow! That was a surprise!

OgtheDim
Maybe we should let O'Dea cross the ball in more often.

Yohan
lmao dunfield goal

Furtado91
08-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Holy crap duncecap scores and potentionally saves our butts agiain. This match is putting me to sleep lol

Yohan
08-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Jeremy Hall is so bad at 1v1 defending

jloome
08-25-2012, 09:25 PM
lmao dunfield goal

LOL, another week of listening to comments from Mariner, DeVos and Larson about how valuable he is.

Anyone think we'll hold on? Two whole minutes to kill.... I dunno

Dkolish3
08-25-2012, 09:26 PM
God I hope we lose because How else will I win Are you smarter than preki?

OgtheDim
08-25-2012, 09:27 PM
I like that sub as Amerikwa has no idea what to do if he got the ball in this situation.

jloome
08-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Devos: "They probably didn't deserve it on the balance of play, but they don't care about that."

No shit.

OgtheDim
08-25-2012, 09:34 PM
An ugly ugly tie...but take the point and run. Gosh this is like watching Ipswich Town isn't it.

Jpexxx
08-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Go into Houston, plays scrubs, steals a point.

Stars rested for the more important game vs Santos.

Mariner win.

Dkolish3
08-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Fucking stupid game a soul sucking experience for all involved. Say what you will about Winter but a lot of those games at least didn't inspire apathy

luisfigo
08-25-2012, 09:36 PM
well i guess our faces are red. not the best showing, but TFC held their own and got a point.

Pookie
08-25-2012, 09:37 PM
An ugly ugly tie...but take the point and run. Gosh this is like watching Ipswich Town isn't it.

I feel like that lady in the (Ikea?) commercial, yelling "Start the car! Start the car!" thinking she has just stolen something.

1 point is better than none.

lobo
08-25-2012, 09:37 PM
well, gotta feel for houston just a little ... if anyone knows, we know what its like coming out of a home game with a draw that feels like a loss, not really knowing how it happened

Parkdale
08-25-2012, 09:39 PM
didn't give up and got a point for our efforts - there's not much more to say than that.

sure it was a dull game, but let's keep the hating to a minimum - Everyone knows this game was a 2nd tier priority

azorean19
HHAHAHA..Freddy hall celebrating a tie like a WIN!!...This team had no business coming away with points today, What a disaster, just putrid, FUCK, if anyone defends these clowns they are just delusional. Look at Colombus, on a roll, they have scouted well ( REALLY WELL ) Higuain and Arriesta tearing it up, What the fuck is wrong with TFC ? Boring, ugly, and uninspiring......Just horrible

Beach_Red
Fucking stupid game a soul sucking experience for all involved. Say what you will about Winter but a lot of those games at least didn't inspire apathy

As Oldtimer pointed out earlier in this thread the opposition played down to TFC and were always in complete control. This game was mostly awful, but this is the way minor league teams get points - and whether we like it or not this is a minor league.

jazzy
08-25-2012, 09:52 PM
start the car, start the car hahah brilliant

Dkolish3
08-25-2012, 09:53 PM
As Oldtimer pointed out earlier in this thread the opposition played down to TFC and were always in complete control. This game was mostly awful, but this is the way minor league teams get points - and whether we like it or not this is a minor league.

While I recognize your point of view, you can't tell me that you enjoyed this game or thought that the effort shown by either team was acceptable. There was no heart, no passion, fuck there wasn't even acknowledgement. Also I don't get the scrounging for points desperately argument because its not like we're in a relegation battle, we're going to be in last place at the end of year is it to much to ask that we see good games while we do it.

lobo
08-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Match Stats

Houston Dynamo

Toronto FC

Attempts on Goal

Shots on Target

Shots off Target

Blocked Shots

Corner Kicks

Fouls

Open Play Crosses

Offsides

First Yellow Cards

Second Yellow Cards

Red Cards

Duels Won

51%
Duels Won %
48%

Total Pass

85%
Passing Accuracy %
77%

57.2%
Possession
42.8%

Parkdale
08-25-2012, 09:56 PM
http://files.brandflakesforbreakfast.com/uploaded_images/ikea-start-the-car-woman-713818.jpg

http://www.ptpamedia.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Ikea-Start-the-car-ad.jpg

Petor
08-25-2012, 10:12 PM
http://youtu.be/6C7oqXewyCE

starter
08-25-2012, 10:16 PM
While I recognize your point of view, you can't tell me that you enjoyed this game or thought that the effort shown by either team was acceptable. There was no heart, no passion, fuck there wasn't even acknowledgement. Also I don't get the scrounging for points desperately argument because its not like we're in a relegation battle, we're going to be in last place at the end of year is it to much to ask that we see good games while we do it.
I believe TFC actually tried to compete, but they just one confused team. Huston only have themselves to blame for going into cruse-control so early. The game was as expected -- TFC would sit back and counter. That is the strategy we employ now, for both home and away games.

jabbronies
08-25-2012, 10:34 PM
funny that every team in the MLS can pass the ball around on the ground...except for TFC.

Shitty performance, got lucky with the result.

Happy for Dunfield; O'dea is looking better each game.
Not sure what Mariner is looking at but the team looks like shit.

azorean19
08-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Can someone tell me how a team like COLOMBUS for #%$%%$% sake can find guys like Frederico Higuan ( Argentina) and Arrieta ( Costa Rica) and we can't? it is unbelievable. Higuain has 3 goals and 2 assists in 2 plus games ! and looks amazing. He single handedly has turned that teams fortune's around. Watch out for Colombus, they are a team to be reckoned with down the stretch. Check MLS highlights if you want proof. As for Arrieta, he is a clinical finisher BUT almost as impressive is the guy's work rate, He NEVER stops hustling, his work rate is unbelievable!!!!!! and than we have TFC, UGHHHHH ! ...boring, hopeless, and clueless !

Auzzy
08-25-2012, 10:41 PM
So I just read through 5 pages of this thread, and not a single sandwich recipe? Come on guys, where's the effort?
;)

Dkolish3
08-25-2012, 11:11 PM
So I just read through 5 pages of this thread, and not a single sandwich recipe? Come on guys, where's the effort? ;)http://cdn.foodbeast.com.s3.amazonaws.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/eggs-bennedict-burger.jpg

Haven't tried the eggs Benedict burger yet but I want it in my mouth.

__wowza
08-25-2012, 11:25 PM
So I just read through 5 pages of this thread, and not a single sandwich recipe? Come on guys, where's the effort?
;)

__WOWZAS FISH TACO RECIPE

- basa fish
- guac
- cabbage
- tomatos
- salsa
- club house chicken seasoning for the fish
- soft shell, hard shell, it's all good

mix that shit together
add some motherfuckin salsa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4kVWCSzfK4

BAMM, WOWZA WISH TACOS!!

Benficachop20
08-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Can someone tell me how a team like COLOMBUS for #%$%%$% sake can find guys like Frederico Higuan ( Argentina) and Arrieta ( Costa Rica) and we can't?

because they don't play in Englands third or fourth division.

boozilla
08-26-2012, 12:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-fHt6BL-RY

Auzzy
08-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Haven't tried the eggs Benedict burger yet but I want it in my mouth.

Agreed, I want to try that.

__WOWZAS FISH TACO RECIPE

- basa fish
- guac
- cabbage
- tomatos
- salsa
- club house chicken seasoning for the fish
- soft shell, hard shell, it's all good

mix that shit together
add some motherfuckin salsa

BAMM, WOWZA WISH TACOS!!

Sounds awesome, thanks!

reds4ever
08-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:

Toronto head coach Paul Mariner said he was pleased with the tie.
"I am very proud of the players," he said. "I thought we played very well tonight for 90 minutes. We knew we were going to have play well against a very good Houston side."

/Quote End

Really?
What the fuck is wrong with you Mariner? What the fuck are you proud of?

Your team played like shit again, and you got a sorry ass point just because Huston beat themselves out of 2 points in this one, they not played like a "very good Houston side" but like a Houston side in one of it's worst games. A very good Houston side would have beaten your team 4 or 5-0, even with O'Dea's great contribution in defense.

So are you the future of this franchise who will guide it to being a competitor in 2013 and 14, like some so called "knowlewdgeable" crackheads are saying?
Haha, get a fucking life, open your eyes, and see the reality!

azorean19
08-26-2012, 02:44 PM
HAHAAH...so true! Mariner seems like a 'players coach' and has some motivational skillls, BUT that ain't enough when your team is complete SHIT !! and on top of this, you as a manager/scout refuse to look at certain players unless they have an Irish or English passport. OK, throw the Soccer hotbed of Bermuda in there too ! LOL...What a disgrace. I can count on one hand literally the players TFC has had from South/Central America in their history, YET, that is what this league is built on practically, finding 'diamonds in the rough' from South and Central America. Look at other MLS clubs, there are so many quality players from that region that can be had at bargain prices, yet TFC just refuses to properly scout the region. I know people here will bring up Caicedo and Aceval, BUT I MEAN properly scout, with contacts in the know, etc and not second hand information...I don't think this club has put the effort into properly scouting Latin America. Come on, you have Colombus finding a couple of guys like Arrieta and Higuain, How hard can it be for TFC, with all their resources, if properly done, to do the same, BUT you have to have the the will to do it. I can easily name so many other Central americans that could of been had by TFC and are contributing to their respective teams but yet have been/were overlooked by TFC. I don't really want to say this, but at this point i have to, it is almost like TFC is purposely ignoring or turning a blind eye to the South/Central american player. I don't know if it s a marketing thing or what? I love the club, BUT hate the way they have scouted.

asterix606
08-26-2012, 03:46 PM
And Portland wins!! Still last in the league!!

17. Portland 24 points
18. New England 23 points
19. Toronto 21 points

69Chevy396
08-26-2012, 05:00 PM
HAHAAH...so true! Mariner seems like a 'players coach' and has some motivational skillls, BUT that ain't enough when your team is complete SHIT !! and on top of this, you as a manager/scout refuse to look at certain players unless they have an Irish or English passport. OK, throw the Soccer hotbed of Bermuda in there too ! LOL...What a disgrace. I can count on one hand literally the players TFC has had from South/Central America in their history, YET, that is what this league is built on practically, finding 'diamonds in the rough' from South and Central America. Look at other MLS clubs, there are so many quality players from that region that can be had at bargain prices, yet TFC just refuses to properly scout the region. I know people here will bring up Caicedo and Aceval, BUT I MEAN properly scout, with contacts in the know, etc and not second hand information...I don't think this club has put the effort into properly scouting Latin America. Come on, you have Colombus finding a couple of guys like Arrieta and Higuain, How hard can it be for TFC, with all their resources, if properly done, to do the same, BUT you have to have the the will to do it. I can easily name so many other Central americans that could of been had by TFC and are contributing to their respective teams but yet have been/were overlooked by TFC. I don't really want to say this, but at this point i have to, it is almost like TFC is purposely ignoring or turning a blind eye to the South/Central american player. I don't know if it s a marketing thing or what? I love the club, BUT hate the way they have scouted.

Actually, a few more outstanding UK players would be welcome, we have just two on the current roster. Our problem has been lousy scouting and lousy direction

Derko
08-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Blah Blah Blah could have been a loss, but wasn't, Same whining from the same whiners,whom really are becoming passe and boring.
Looking forward to the CCL Match, gotta SUPPORT my team the best I can, win,lose or draw.
I'm there, anyone else?

Derko
08-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Can someone tell me how a team like COLOMBUS for #%$%%$% sake can find guys like Frederico Higuan ( Argentina) and Arrieta ( Costa Rica) and we can't? it is unbelievable. Higuain has 3 goals and 2 assists in 2 plus games ! and looks amazing. He single handedly has turned that teams fortune's around. Watch out for Colombus, they are a team to be reckoned with down the stretch. Check MLS highlights if you want proof. As for Arrieta, he is a clinical finisher BUT almost as impressive is the guy's work rate, He NEVER stops hustling, his work rate is unbelievable!!!!!! and than we have TFC, UGHHHHH ! ...boring, hopeless, and clueless !
You sound like KKKrew supporter what the fuck are you doing posting here.
Besides what does your post have to do with the TFC versus Houston Game, twat!!

asterix606
08-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Blah Blah Blah could have been a loss, but wasn't, Same whining from the same whiners,whom really are becoming passe and boring.
Looking forward to the CCL Match, gotta SUPPORT my team the best I can, win,lose or draw.
I'm there, anyone else?

It's been 6 years man!

What is becoming passe and boring is losing all the time for the past 6 years!!

But, Im with you for CCL. Lets hope a positive vibe can come out of it!!

azorean19
08-26-2012, 05:17 PM
You sound like KKKrew supporter what the fuck are you doing posting here.
Besides what does your post have to do with the TFC versus Houston Game, twat!!

Been following since day 1, more than likely know and care more about the club than you do asshole....

Oh, you wanna know about the Houston game?....We were shit as per usual !

Jeff s
08-26-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm there, anyone else?

No offense but when people make comments like this, I just imagine a guy sitting on the computer, patting himself on the back and treating himself to a cookie.

azorean19
08-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Actually, a few more outstanding UK players would be welcome, we have just two on the current roster. Our problem has been lousy scouting and lousy direction

agreed, I am not against UK players ( I actually like Eckersley, and O'Dea seems to be solid ) or any player from anywhere else for that matter as long as they can play. In a salary capped league though, If I were a scout, I would be looking for quality at the cheapest possible cost and in my opinion TFC has not done a good enough job tapping the Central/ South american market. Look at other rosters around the league, they are full of Latin american players that are contributing . There are some real talents to be had but TFC either refuses to scout, or just does not value, these players. It is real frustrating to see.

v00d00daddy
08-26-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm there, anyone else?

I get your desire to support the team the way you know how but you need to realise that your cheering and support does very little in terms of results on the field.

So...if your cheering and support improves your game day experience then I say go for it. It's fun and awesome and I appreciate that people do it cause it makes things fun for some people.

But don't kid yourself. Your unconditional love does zero for product on the pitch and your dedication to positivity doesnt make you a better supporter. I'm sorry, but if you think being positive means anything in terms of helping this team..you're wrong. 6 years of supporters backing this team has done nothing. They don't care.

The "supporter" argument is divisive and serves no purpose. We're all on the same side. Some people are fed up and are voicing their opinion.

It takes all kinds.

You may wanna focus that frustration towards the people that are causing all this shit...and that's not the disgruntled fans.

It's the people that keep asking for your passion, time and money and constantly give you garbage in return. Lol

reds4ever
08-26-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm there, anyone else?

Of course same wining from the same people, who never wear rose tinted glasses when looking at everything TFC and on the other side unconditional "love" and happyness from the same people (like you) who have those glasses firmly glued to there faces forever.

You're the type of supporter who's happy at all TFC matches no matter what's on the field, because it's a good time out at BMO field with your buddies and having some beers too in the process and also the type of supporter who's loved by TFC's front office.

And by the way, this thread has nothing to do with the coming CCL match, this thread is about the game in Houston.
No need to thank me for the information!

__wowza
08-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Of course same wining from the same people, who never wear rose tinted glasses when looking at everything TFC and on the other side unconditional "love" and happyness from the same people (like you) who have those glasses firmly glued to there faces forever.

You're the type of supporter who's happy at all TFC matches no matter what's on the field, because it's a good time out at BMO field with your buddies and having some beers too in the process and also the type of supporter who's loved by TFC's front office.

And by the way, this thread has nothing to do with the coming CCL match, this thread is about the game in Houston.
No need to thank me for the information!

you're right, this thread has nothing to do with the CCL match. the bulk of us are saying that it's beneficial to put a draw (that means nothing at this point) behind us to focus on the champions league and a really fucking important game we have coming up tomorrow. even if our playoff chances have tanked, a point on the road against a team that's been notoriously good at home is nothing to scoff at.

the rose tinted glasses are polar opposite to the brown tinted shades a lot of us have been wearing, so let's just call a spade a spade and stop attacking other members, shall we? this last part has been your verbal warning.

T-boy
08-27-2012, 11:41 AM
I would say this is a good road point! Nothing much to complain about really. We've seen masses of clubs come to BMO and play poorly and get a result against a poor TFC. We go away and play poorly, and still get a point, that is a good thing. Earlier in the season we were playing badly and getting nothing. There is something to be said when you play badly and still get a point! Much better spirit from the players compared to earlier in the season.

But as I said, this was a no win for Mariner and the team. They drop the two best players, and grind out a result - and people are saying it was a horrible point. I would call it a good point, AND Hassli and Frings are both rested for the CCL game. That is honestly the best result we could have got out of this game.

Canary10
08-27-2012, 11:45 AM
^ I agree with you T-Boy. We nicked one on the road. About time we nicked instead of getting nicked.

brad
08-27-2012, 12:32 PM
I'd also agree with you T-boy. I believe that Houston are now undefeated at home in 22 matches. In that context, getting a point is a good result. Much better teams than us are not doing even that. And we did it while resting key players ahead of a game that actually matters. (how many times in the past have we lambasted managers for playing our starters in a meangless match when we had a big CCL game ahead?)

Yes - we played poorly and shouldn't have gotten anything from it, but that has no bearing on the actual result and how I view it.

Dbl_D
08-28-2012, 04:05 PM
No offense but when people make comments like this, I just imagine a guy sitting on the computer, patting himself on the back and treating himself to a cookie.

haha well in that case, yes it was me as the solo TFC supporter in Houston, on the Dunfield goal highlight... ;) a RPB at every game (incl away)... now on to important things... CCL COME ON YOU REDS... (thanks to travis for pointing the highlight out to me)... BTW great stadium and on every corner the Houston fans stood and were LOUD reminded me of year 1 at BMO... lets bring back the energy tonight... as well what a rush to be in that sea of orange after being on the end of so many late goals scored against us...