PDA

View Full Version : Pre/In/Post-Game Thread: TFC vs Santos Laguna Tuesday, Aug.28 @ 8:00PM EDT

Pages : [1] 2

Frings22
08-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Just thought I would start the pre-game thread since we're only a week away. Anyone know what the word on loads of streamers is? Oh and predicted lineups everyone? :scarf:

khso11
08-21-2012, 09:24 PM
I really want to see Ecks back to RB and use Henry at CB if he's not injure. Plus I wouldn't want to see Weedman starting, I would prefer him to be a late sub at the most. Hassli should enjoy to play his CONCACAF debut, so I hope he'll put 1 or 2 to the back of the net. I hope TFC fans would show up for at least this game cause this game DOES MATTER, I wouldn't want to be surrounded by a bunch of Santos fans. We all should boooo at those divers, they really pissed me off in March when they came here. I would be happy if we come away with a win here!!!

jazzy
08-21-2012, 09:43 PM
as posted in another thread what the hell is mariner going to come up with against a real team........yes it is the most important game this year,...for many reasons.....i'd say for mariner and friends it could be job saving.....if not now probably later.

narduch
08-21-2012, 10:01 PM
LOL. There isn't even a thread for tomorrow's game against Columbus.

TFC's season is on the line with this game. If TFC can't manage a win or tie the season is over.

It will be interesting to see if Santos comes to play.

Looks like this won't be on TV, once again. Which is a shame considering the club owns their own TV station and is starving for content.

mowe
08-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Santos beat Aguila 5-0 at home. TFC seriously needs 3 points from this game. Anything less and CCL hopes are over.

spe18
08-21-2012, 10:22 PM

TFC's season is on the line with this game. If TFC can't manage a win or tie the season is over.

Looks like this won't be on TV, once again. Which is a shame considering the club owns their own TV station and is starving for content.

Problem solved :smilielol5:

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?32544-Pre-In-Post-Game-Thread-Columbus-Crew-vs-Toronto-FC-Wed-Aug-22-2012-7-30PM-EDT&p=1522408#post1522408

Whoop
08-21-2012, 10:24 PM

Season is over.

All hands on deck for Santos.

Fort York Redcoat
08-22-2012, 06:32 AM
Link to Santos v Aguila highlights:

http://www.concacafchampions.com/page/CL/Video/HighlightsDetail2/0,,12856~2896486,00.html

takes a while to load.

Wow. Less people show up for CCL in Mexico than even here in Toronto.

Santos beat Aguila 5-0
We beat Aguila 5-1
Santos should be favoured to win 1-0. That's not too much an intimidating feat to beat.

http://media.nowpublic.net/images//17/3/17368b152ae0ec4fc93102f271c0a071.jpg

ryan
08-22-2012, 06:54 AM
lucky it wasn't 10-0

thanks for coming out Aguila.

Canary10
08-22-2012, 08:28 AM
I worry about the attendance, mainly because I don't think anyone gives TFC a serious chance. I can barely bring myself to go. And the Santos home game in last year's CCL (held this year...) was one of the best games I've watched at BMO. I just can't see us replicating that performance.

OgtheDim
08-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Santos will not press. When teams don't press us, we do OK.

We just can't afford a 1st half sleep in like we've been doing lately.

Joe Kool
08-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Well Aguila's excuse for the 5-1 game against us was travel. Guess they had bad travel again?....or maybe they should just admit they are not that good.

As far as Santos goes I hope they come here over confident again and we give them a good go. We won't be playing the Aron Winter style they faced last time around. It will be interesting to see how the Mariner game will match up. I wish I could go to this game...going to be a good one.

Canary10
08-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Santos will not press. When teams don't press us, we do OK.

We just can't afford a 1st half sleep in like we've been doing lately.

They'll just rip us a part with their movement off the ball and well-timed passing. We're too static against a team with good ball movement.

Jcm144
08-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Well this is the season right here for TFC, got nothing but CCL to play for. I can't wait for this game, as TFC showed Santos that they can play with them.

Jcm144
08-22-2012, 01:31 PM
It was just announced that Sportsnet 1 will be televising this match......would have been just awful if this game was not on tv

narduch
08-22-2012, 04:51 PM
It was just announced that Sportsnet 1 will be televising this match......would have been just awful if this game was not on tv

Good news. Thanks for the heads up.

I can actually watch this game in HD.

Oldtimer
08-22-2012, 09:01 PM
After the disgusting loss to the Krew, I'm sure we can look forward to a wonderful hoofball match... and TFC losing 5-0.

ryan
08-23-2012, 06:55 AM
I said from the beginning of the Mariner campaign that this would decide it all for me. I said that Santos would rip this hoofball form into fucking pieces. Time to see if I know what I'm talking about.

Fort York Redcoat
08-23-2012, 07:22 AM

Only slightly more awful than the attendance will be. Fuck it I'll be there.

I do not see this being 5-0.

Phil
08-23-2012, 07:52 AM
This is the turning point game for the whole season for me. Wednesday morning could be a very bad morning for me pending the outcome.

In the meantime, as Whoop said - All hands on deck for this one.

Pookie
08-23-2012, 08:06 AM
I've got to think that the Santos game at home is winnable. Santos has a bit of a non-chalant attitude to these away games. Montreal beat them in 2009 (2-0) at home... then went back to Mexico and lost something like 5-2.

Not sure how their league play is shaping up but trotting out reserves wouldn't be out of the question for them if they've read the scouting reports. Like Mariner's attacking plan, maybe we can catch them napping and catch a break.

ryan
08-23-2012, 08:23 AM
I've got to think that the Santos game at home is winnable. Santos has a bit of a non-chalant attitude to these away games. Montreal beat them in 2009 (2-0) at home... then went back to Mexico and lost something like 5-2.

Not sure how their league play is shaping up but trotting out reserves wouldn't be out of the question for them if they've read the scouting reports. Like Mariner's attacking plan, maybe we can catch them napping and catch a break.

So if we win it's cause they aren't trying?

Basically meaning if we do, then we get to listen to praise from the Mariner backers in the media until our humping on the return match? Ugh.

Pookie
08-23-2012, 08:40 AM
I hate to say it but yeah. If we win it will be because Santos didn't take the game seriously, imo. Just like Montreal beating Santos didn't signify any global dominance, a win here isn't any vindication or sign for the long term. Santos is clearly the favourite in this pool. Unless they give it away, it is theirs for the taking.

That said, a win would be a win and you take what you can get.

Canary10
08-23-2012, 08:44 AM
I hate to say it but yeah. If we win it will be because Santos didn't take the game seriously, imo. Just like Montreal beating Santos didn't signify any global dominance, a win here isn't any vindication or sign for the long term. Santos is clearly the favourite in this pool. Unless they give it away, it is theirs for the taking.

That said, a win would be a win and you take what you can get.

They played us only a few months ago, and certainly left with some respect. They may not start the whole team, but I can't see them not taking the game seriously. Of course that was under Winter and not Mariner.

Fort York Redcoat
08-23-2012, 08:58 AM
So if we win it's cause they aren't trying?

Basically meaning if we do, then we get to listen to praise from the Mariner backers in the media until our humping on the return match? Ugh.

Well I guess you can have the last laugh? Cry? Knowledge you're right?

:noidea:

Oh the state we're in.

ryan
08-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Well I guess you can have the last laugh? Cry? Knowledge you're right?

:noidea:

Oh the state we're in.

I don't want or care for any of those things. Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade. If Santos half arses it to our benefit, then we get destroyed...it renders the result here kind of meaningless, no?

I'm not entirely (or at all) happy with that idea to be honest, but I'm not going to sugar coat it or count it as some moral victory. I'm tired of moral victories and other shit we've dealt with. Tired of patting ourselves on the back for good efforts.

T-boy
08-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Groupon anyone?! http://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-toronto-fc-1?c=dnb&p=3

ryan
08-23-2012, 11:02 AM
$29 for one ticket for medium-grey-section

Are you fucking serious.

SSH were offered at $27.

T-boy
08-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Yes, plus if you know how groupon works - TFC only get HALF of the groupon purchase price (so actually they are willing to only get 13.50 for the same tickets we paid $29 for!).

Auzzy
08-23-2012, 11:21 AM
^ Great, maybe they can half fill the house with Mexican fans... :facepalm:

iy12l
08-23-2012, 11:52 PM
I honestly hope we lose like 10-0, Mariners & ML$E cant make any bullshit stories from that.

Oldtimer
08-24-2012, 07:40 AM
I never want my team to lose. But if they do, I want people held responsible.

Derko
08-24-2012, 07:48 AM
I honestly hope we lose like 10-0, Mariners & ML$E cant make any bullshit stories from that.

I know what you are trying to say!
Why not put on a Santos jersey and cheer for the other side?
In another country, comments like that would get you kneecapped, just saying

Fort York Redcoat
08-24-2012, 07:55 AM

I honestly don't think that's support.

bigredone
08-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Whatever the score is some of our local boys have to show where the future of concacaf football is. I do not see a blow-out here or at their pitch. We learned our painful Mexican lessons last year. If, and I say if, Santos wins they will have to work hard and earn it.
We will see a side of TFC we have not seen all year, sort of like the side we saw against aquila.

COME ON YOU REDS! Show when we want it, we fucken take it!!!! :flare:GO TFC!!!!!!!:scarf:

SoccMan
08-26-2012, 08:07 AM
The thing about this set of games versus Santos, as we know from history with this Santos team they don't show up to play their away game like they play when they are at home, however, at home it's a different story I mean with a team like Santos even TFC winning 3-0 at home is not a safe result because Santos can easily go home and put 5 or 6 behind TFC when they get home. When their backs are against the wall they seem to put it into another gear and start scoring at will when they are at home as we all witnessed the last time.

jazzy
08-26-2012, 08:38 AM
just saw that fox soccer (US) is stating that this game is live on tv sooo that means just check out the usual online streams and we should be able to see the game

narduch
08-26-2012, 11:12 AM
just saw that fox soccer (US) is stating that this game is live on tv sooo that means just check out the usual online streams and we should be able to see the game

The game is on Sportsnet 1.

OgtheDim
08-26-2012, 01:27 PM
And there is always concacaf themselves....

reds4ever
08-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Well, if Santos will come out to play with the first team, unless TFC will produce it's best performance of the year by far, we have zero chances of winning.
Even with producing the best performance I would say a draw is a lot more likely than a TFC win.

But we shall see...

Jcm144
08-27-2012, 10:12 AM
No pre-game March? this is the biggest game of this dreadful season, just saying...

TFC07
08-27-2012, 11:25 AM
TFC always do well Champions league. I except a draw tomorrow.

Mariner is (I hope) going all out by starting 11 best players on this team. It's now or never for Mariner since his job is on the line.

TFC Tifoso
08-27-2012, 11:33 AM
I know what you are trying to say!
Why not put on a Santos jersey and cheer for the other side?
In another country, comments like that would get you kneecapped, just saying

and in other countries, if supporters were being fed shit sandwiches for 6 years straight they'd be ready to burn the motherf'er down instead of saying "give them some time".........just saying.........

v00d00daddy
08-27-2012, 11:58 AM
TFC always do well Champions league. I except a draw tomorrow.

Mariner is (I hope) going all out by starting 11 best players on this team. It's now or never for Mariner since his job is on the line.

Well...if he is then he obviously rates Hall higher than Kocic.

“@JohnMolinaro: Sounds like Freddy Hall will start versus Santos tomorrow. #TFC”

moralis
08-27-2012, 12:13 PM
This is the most stupidest decision Mariner has made since he started coaching: So pissed with this decision.

This is Santos Laguna not some shitty Central American team. Kosic knows how to play against Santos Laguna. He saved our asses against Santos Laguna when we tied them 1-1 at BMO Field.

Watch, it will be a long night for TFC fans tomorrow at BMO field. I guess we will really see what Freddy Hall is made off. Trust me it wont be good.

ryan
08-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Is this the writing on the wall for Milos? Not getting the only major start left?

Canary10
08-27-2012, 01:00 PM
How 'bout a FIRE MARINER, NOT KOCIC sign for tomorrow night?

Oldtimer
08-27-2012, 01:07 PM
This is the most stupidest decision Mariner has made since he started coaching

Unless he is trying to deliberately lose the CCL to make his job easier next year. In which case it is sneaky instead.

Will suck either way for the 3,000 supporters + 3,000 Groupon purchasers who attend the game.

trane
08-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Mariner either rates Hall above Kocic, or he is much more shite of a manager then anyone thinks, as the CL is the only thing we have to play for, sitting your best keeper makes not sense.

Canary10
08-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Mariner either rates Hall above Kocic, or he is much more shite of a manager then anyone thinks, as the CL is the only thing we have to play for, sitting your best keeper makes not sense.

if he thinks Hall is a better keeper than Kocic, he truly is more ofa shite manager than anyone thinks!

starter
08-27-2012, 01:17 PM
if he thinks Hall is a better keeper than Kocic, he truly is more ofa shite manager than anyone thinks!

This is just a minor tweak ( as perhaps a 6 or 7 others ), nothing big.

TFC07
08-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Well...if he is then he obviously rates Hall higher than Kocic.

“@JohnMolinaro: Sounds like Freddy Hall will start versus Santos tomorrow. #TFC”

WTF?! :facepalm:

Fire Mariner!

Ultra & Proud
08-27-2012, 01:22 PM
The only thing that Hall looks like he has on Kocic is distribution and that's it. Not because Hall is a great distributor but because Kocic is often so poor at it. Unless those first two matches were rust and/or jitters, he better show that he is positionally 100% better than what he's shown so far.

Fort York Redcoat
08-27-2012, 01:24 PM
and in other countries, if supporters were being fed shit sandwiches for 6 years straight they'd be ready to burn the motherf'er down instead of saying "give them some time".........just saying.........

I don't see him saying that. I also remember being a win away from playoffs one of those six years.

Nothing but a win tomorrow will exonerate this decision.
Then Hall starts the rest of the year. He probably will regardless...

Ultra & Proud
08-27-2012, 01:26 PM
I also remember being a win away from playoffs one of those six years.

You should not speak of that which should not be spoken of. Some of us have done a good job forgetting that night in NY.

Fort York Redcoat
08-27-2012, 01:29 PM
You should not speak of that which should not be spoken of. Some of us have done a good job forgetting that night in NY.

In what inception-like nightmare does that night now seem like a brighter time? *head shaking, pinching arm etc*

It's laugh or cry time.

trane
08-27-2012, 01:34 PM
I don't see him saying that. I also remember being a win away from playoffs one of those six years.

You are right, and that is the best we have done in league play in 6 years, and right now there is little cause to believe that it will be better in year 7.

I will say this, at the end of year five I was thinking that we have something to look forward too in year 6, right now I see nothing to look forward too in year 7.

The stadium should be empty or burnt to the ground.

TFC Tifoso
08-27-2012, 01:38 PM

Nothing but a win tomorrow will exonerate this decision.
Then Hall starts the rest of the year. He probably will regardless...

right, but if you're gonna play the "in another country" card, well, we all know how fanatical those supporters can get......especially if a team has been as poor as TFC has since inception......being close 1 year out of 6 is still very unacceptable......even moreso considering that we'll have doubled the longest streak for playoff futility for an expansion team in MLS once this season is over......

agree with the rest........nothing less than 3 points tomorrow night will do.........

ryan
08-27-2012, 01:39 PM

07 feels like yesterday man!

Fort York Redcoat
08-27-2012, 01:42 PM
The stadium should be empty

^I wouldn't sweat it. It will be closer to empty than a "sellout". The message that people don't want to be there will be loud and clear.

Jcm144
08-27-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm baffled by the recent talk of Hall starting instead of Kocic vs Santos......doesn't make sense

T-boy
08-27-2012, 02:21 PM

In nearly any other league in the world TFC would have been relegated 6 straight years and would be playing in a sunday pub league with 6 people and a dog watching the games. Unfortunately, this is the MLS and we kind of have to suck it all up! If TFC fail this season - what's the result? Oh yeah, playing in the same league again! And as there are NO other options to see live football in Toronto (at pro level) then TFC have a total monopoly on the market :(

TFC Tifoso
08-27-2012, 02:32 PM
In nearly any other league in the world TFC would have been relegated 6 straight years and would be playing in a sunday pub league with 6 people and a dog watching the games. Unfortunately, this is the MLS and we kind of have to suck it all up! If TFC fail this season - what's the result? Oh yeah, playing in the same league again! And as there are NO other options to see live football in Toronto (at pro level) then TFC have a total monopoly on the market :(

what does that even mean??........so you're saying that the fact that there's no relegation is reason enough for us to just grin and bear it?.........for what......the hope that one season we will fall ass backwards into the playoffs?......not with this bunch of clowns running the team........

Fort York Redcoat
08-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Guys. This is the game thread. Let's keep it on topic please.

bigredone
08-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Nothing should baffle us. Even a 10 - 0 TFC win!!!! hahaha

Super
08-27-2012, 06:15 PM
We definitely need to win this one. We're not likely to pick up points on the road against Santos, so this may come down to us winning this one - and then the winner of the group is decided on goal score.

jazzy
08-27-2012, 07:35 PM

these are good points , however if we really digressed for an extended time period , is there a chance we become the montreal expos?....because unlike the leafs many soccer fans are unlikely to return if exposed to too much mediocrity. Now the question is would the league support us , financially if we lost the majority of fans on a consistent basis. IF I ever leave , (I feel the fool for still being around) ,.I'd never return., as I with the leafs and never watch them now , turning down tickets and am totally disinterested in hockey...although I play. It is a shame we couldn't be regulated down. I'd probably enjoy watching fresh youthful faces , as I do now at the academy. "sorry bout the off topic"..........there's not much to talk about without being negative excepting a top notch team is coming in..and I'm really looking forward to it ,....however the ONLY question is will they play their stars, here's hoping , because TFC watching is UNFORTUNATELY like that now , for excitement it is now down to watching other teams top players skills.......and I'm being realistic ,....I mean with Peralta,..Lugo,..Gomez these guys are world class players ...Peralta simply won Mexico it's gold medal.....so bring them on.........win or lose here's hoping we see some hard playing excitement and high level skills on display.....

OgtheDim
08-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Anybody know if Santos made it into town today? Didn't fly through Miami did they?

brad
08-27-2012, 07:59 PM
I predict 1-1. Every time a good Mexican team comes to BMO we predict we will get whipped, and we end up doing well.

We were a crappy team under Preki when we got a result. We were a crappy team under Winter when we got a result. Yes - in these cases the style we attempted to play did match up better than our current one does, but it's not like we were particularity competent especially at Winters style.

That said - I don't think Santos will underestimate us. We gave them two games last year - and we are not an unknown quantity to them.

FIAF
08-27-2012, 08:22 PM
http://msn.mediotiempo.com/futbol/mexico/noticias/2012/08/27/a-toronto-por-los-tres-puntos

Seems like Santos is going to take this seriously. They are only coming for 3 points. Also from the picture it seems like it's the A-team. Should be good.

Redpunkfiddle
08-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Anybody know if Santos made it into town today? Didn't fly through Miami did they?

They sure did. They were doing their usual shopping stop at Victoria's Secret at the Eaton Centre tonight.

bigredone
08-27-2012, 08:54 PM
http://euro.mediotiempo.com/media/2012/08/27/existe-pique-entre-ambos-cuadros-por-enfrentamientos-anteriores.jpg EASY TERRY! He gets one for sure tomorrow. Goal I mean, not red card.

starter
08-27-2012, 09:09 PM
They sure did. They were doing their usual shopping stop at Victoria's Secret at the Eaton Centre tonight.
I have seen three SL players shopping at Bloor/Bay at around 5pm today.

Code Red
08-27-2012, 10:08 PM
This is a make-or-break game. Win and we have a chance to progress to the quarterfinal, lose or tie and we're out of the tournament. Last edition of the CCL aside, this is the most important game of the year. I'm not expecting a large crowd but I sincerely hope that those that are in attendance are willing to give it their all tomorrow night. We have nothing left to play for this season, might as well leave everything in the stands for this one.

By this time tomorrow Mr. Mariner will either be a hero or a man who deserves to have his walking papers handed to him. Let's hope it's the aforementioned.

Fort York Redcoat
08-28-2012, 06:46 AM
Yeah I saw the green jumpsuits at the TEC after work yesterday. They seemed in shopping heaven. Hurry up, kickoff...

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2012/03/29/Toronto-FC-draws-with-Santos-Lagunas-EO17INCH-x-large.jpg

Ready yourselves for the diving event

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/toronto/files/imagecache/620x350/image_nodes/2012/08/Toronto-Santos1a.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiukT9TTeyC4RoIE3guzlsa7RKunfHv TEOXGFLLwDcaDZwNdZuBQ&t=1

Oldtimer
08-28-2012, 07:13 AM
http://msn.mediotiempo.com/futbol/mexico/noticias/2012/08/27/a-toronto-por-los-tres-puntos

Seems like Santos is going to take this seriously. They are only coming for 3 points. Also from the picture it seems like it's the A-team. Should be good.

Sounds like they are quite serious this time. Usually they send a mix of A and B players to Canada (often they have important matches in Mexico in close proximity to the date), but this time seems different. It will be a challenge, for sure.

I can't attend due to a schedule conflict, but hopefully will catch the second half when I get home. Give it your best, boys! This is the only game that counts this year, so far.

Joe Kool
08-28-2012, 08:08 AM
One distinct difference from last time...no Hercules Gomez trash talking us. I was looking forward to that. Oh well...

I am going to the game now when I thought I wasn't before so you can add my 4 tickets to what...the other 7000 maybe. I hope I am wrong and we get a good pro-TFC crowd. I don't feel like a Santos home game tonight. Let's go boys!!!

__wowza
08-28-2012, 08:17 AM
gettin fuckin excited for this boyos!!

2-2

Canary10
08-28-2012, 08:24 AM
One distinct difference from last time...no Hercules Gomez trash talking us. I was looking forward to that. Oh well...

I am going to the game now when I thought I wasn't before so you can add my 4 tickets to what...the other 7000 maybe. I hope I am wrong and we get a good pro-TFC crowd. I don't feel like a Santos home game tonight. Let's go boys!!!

Herculez and Kurt Larson had a bit of a twitter thing going yesterday. Kurt told him he should read his column in today's Sun, Herculez said "nah, I'll pass." Great response. I like Herculez.

lintberg
08-28-2012, 08:38 AM
I too saw several members of the Santos Laguna team shopping at the Eaton Centre yesterday.

C.Ronaldo
08-28-2012, 08:41 AM
all depends on those vital groupon sales........:facepalm:

Suds
08-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Ready yourselves for the diving event

I have it on good authority the the Mexican men's synchro diving olympic silver medalists will be suiting up for Santos tonight.

http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Mexico-Earns-First-Medal-at-London-2012-Olympics-Divers-Secure-the-Silver.jpg

ManUtd4ever
08-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Unless Kocic is concealing an injury, there is no excuse for starting Hall, regardless of contractual implications.

sdcfan18
08-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Skimmed through the tread and couldn't faind any answers...is O'Dea ok to play or not? He experience play in big stage games would be an asset tonight.

OgtheDim
08-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Skimmed through the tread and couldn't find any answers...is O'Dea ok to play or not? He experience play in big stage games would be an asset tonight.

Based on Facebook comments from yesterday, he will play.

jazzy
08-28-2012, 12:06 PM
if they beat us I hope it's thru great play with their top players.....btw hate Gomez but sure he'll score,....unless Morgan is shadowing him...cause he loves the kick and chase...he's always behind the D,.....as this could be the last enjoyable game of the season Sl play Lugo, Perlalta....and no diving...save it for when you're behind in Mexico

Furtado91
08-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Im hearing that Freddy Hall is starting. thats a damn shame in my opinoon. Kocic should be covering that net in tonights game.

Sidenote I have a ticket in 112 for 19 bucks. can do emt or meet at joes.

mdc 77
08-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Unless Kocic is concealing an injury, there is no excuse for starting Hall, regardless of contractual implications.

I wonder what the full story is with this so called contract dispute. Is Mariner not playing Kocic because of it? or is Kocic saying he won't play because of it?

Joe Kool
08-28-2012, 01:22 PM
I wonder what the full story is with this so called contract dispute. Is Mariner not playing Kocic because of it? or is Kocic saying he won't play because of it?

Yeah I am wondering about the full story too...Mariner also saying that Kocic needs a mental break from games and he has other personal stuff going on which could also be code for "we are having contract issues" for all we know but it could be true too. Problem is players like Attakora had alot of "personal stuff" going on according to the coach interviews then he was let go. I really like Kocic and hope that doesn't happen. He definitely should be starting tonight IMO but I would love to see a fantastic performance by Hall though too if he has it in him to give us a little confidence going forward.

A few hours til I get on the GO train for this. Getting PUMPED !!! Yeahhhh Booooy! Cold Medina!

FIAF
08-28-2012, 01:31 PM
https://twitter.com/herculezg/status/239791140612751361

Did ya miss him?

Fort York Redcoat
08-28-2012, 01:40 PM
A few hours til I get on the GO train for this. Getting PUMPED !!! Yeahhhh Booooy! Cold Medina!

Never seen this in print. I fully approve.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0c/Flavor-flav.jpg/250px-Flavor-flav.jpg

OgtheDim
08-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Every coach plays favourites.

The good ones know the limitations.

Hall is not CCL calibre. I hope to be proved wrong tonight.

Couchy81
08-28-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm in the U.S. but I'll be watching the stream for sure. Time to put some 90 minute IPAs in the fridge!

also not too pleased Kocic isn't getting the start, he definitely deserves it. if he is on the bench there is no excuse.

Super
08-28-2012, 02:25 PM
If Hall causes us to lose this game, then it can be entirely blamed on Mariner.

leafsman
08-28-2012, 02:28 PM
does mariner stay regardless of how team does the rest of the way? Will losing get us a real manager?

Fort York Redcoat
08-28-2012, 02:38 PM
does mariner stay regardless of how team does the rest of the way? Will losing get us a real manager?

No, Tank Nation, it will NOT.

Ugh.

Not a dig on our leafs. A dig on "Tanking" for any good whatsoever.

Jcm144
08-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Anybody know the injury update on Hassli? Read a few days ago he should be good for tonight

Suds
08-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Anybody know the injury update on Hassli? Read a few days ago he should be good for tonight

Hassli has said he's good to go. If the training staff give him the all clear I'm sure he will start or at the very least be available on the bench.

Tonight is a must win so I think Mariner will have his best team possible dressed tonight.

jabbronies
08-28-2012, 03:58 PM
https://twitter.com/herculezg/status/239791140612751361

Did ya miss him?

Would you take him as a DP?

narduch
08-28-2012, 03:59 PM

I think Mariner stays if Anselmi stays. Regardless of record.

Mariner could survive Anselmi's departure with improved results. But I don't foresee that happening.

GBV
08-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Herculez and Kurt Larson had a bit of a twitter thing going yesterday. Kurt told him he should read his column in today's Sun, Herculez said "nah, I'll pass." Great response. I like Herculez.

And then, I'd bet, he went on to read it ...

JayMolly
08-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Is Kocic hurt? Or doesn't Mariner realize the importance of this and the last two games?

FIAF
08-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Would you take him as a DP?

Sorry don't understand...

narduch
08-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Is Kocic hurt? Or doesn't Mariner realize the importance of this and the last two games?

Kocic isn't hurt. The rumour is that he is being benched over a contract dispute.

nonc
08-28-2012, 05:32 PM
predicting two touches from Weideman in 90 mins.

Gazza
08-28-2012, 05:40 PM

You're just jealous that he's so pretty.

nonc
08-28-2012, 05:44 PM

And then, I'd bet, he went on to read it ...

Larson is a moron; just as turgid, small, and graceless on twitter as he is in his "columns". Normal people shouldn't have time to read him so I doubt a good soccer player would.

nonc
08-28-2012, 05:48 PM
You're just jealous that he's so pretty.

Weideman should be jealous of all the handsome men who can actually play soccer.

JackBauer24
08-28-2012, 05:49 PM

Both of those touches are goals and they're going to be the best you'll ever see in the modern era.

Gazza
08-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Weideman should be jealous of all the handsome men who can actually play soccer.

Ok, i'll give you Dunfield. Hide your daughters when the two of them hit the field. They will both lead us to victory tonight and take home the mexican wives as their prize.

nonc
08-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Ok, i'll give you Dunfield. Hide your daughters when the two of them hit the field. They will both lead us to victory tonight and take home the mexican wives as their prize.

Lambe will be the first to spill anything regarding the women-folk. I am thankful for 3 more years of him on twitter.

GBV
08-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Larson is a moron; just as turgid, small, and graceless on twitter as he is in his "columns". Normal people shouldn't have time to read him so I doubt a good soccer player would.

Okey dokey ...

TeeeGO
08-28-2012, 07:00 PM
links?

TeeeGO
08-28-2012, 07:01 PM
nvm found one...

http://lsh.lshunter.tv/static/popups/10778502876380.html

Gallade
08-28-2012, 07:09 PM
win those balls, TFC!

Strikers
08-28-2012, 07:09 PM
The stream is not working on the CONCACAF website anyone else have the same problem

AlanO
08-28-2012, 07:11 PM
The stream is not working on the CONCACAF website anyone else have the same problem

Me too. Try this.

http://thefirstrow.eu/watch/137817/1/watch-toronto-fc-vs-santos-laguna.html

Alonso
08-28-2012, 07:12 PM

Yup.

F5 madness going on over here!

Strikers
08-28-2012, 07:13 PM
^^^^^^

Thanks, now I pose the question because sportsnet is showing the game did they black out the stream in Canada or in Toronto? is that possible

AlanO
08-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Yeah could be possible.

TFC off to a decent start. Silva and Frings showing good vision and making some clever passes.

v00d00daddy
08-28-2012, 07:18 PM
For those watching on sportsnet1..did anybody see the shot of mariner before the game?

I think his glasses are broken and taped up and he has a broken left lens. Lol

AlanO
08-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Big save from big Freddy.

Jeremy Hall sucks at defending. Santos is gonna attack him hard.

DaBandit
08-28-2012, 07:26 PM
So in the most important game of the year, we start weedman, j. Hall, f.hall and put eck's at CB again?? Honestly I don't know what we did to deserve this baffoon as our head coach... Heaven forbid we play Avilla who actually has some talent... F'in pathetic...

Gazza
08-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Weedman now knows where the net is. I pity the Mexicans.

Alonso
08-28-2012, 07:27 PM
^^^^^^

Thanks, now I pose the question because sportsnet is showing the game did they black out the stream in Canada or in Toronto? is that possible

Yeah it's funny because I found the Concacaf stream working here: http://www8.livetv.ru/webplayer2.php?t=letontv&c=torontooo333&lang=en&eid=132331&lid=75122&ci=248&si=1

But it doesn't work for me on the concacaf site with my login as it usually does.

Blackout is definitely a reasonable explanation.

iy12l
08-28-2012, 07:28 PM
The way tfc is playing is making my eyes bleed

Gazza
08-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Hercules! Hercules! Hercules!

Richard
LOL.

AlanO
Peralta pulls a Chad Barrett.

Nerepis
Swing and a miss

iy12l
08-28-2012, 07:31 PM
ML$E piad him to miss that

Huyton
08-28-2012, 07:33 PM
The FAN590 is using the FOX Soccer Channel audio feed. Can't even be bothered to send a couple of guys to BMO field.

DaBandit
08-28-2012, 07:34 PM
For those who were asking about the fate of mariner. Read a tweet from j. Molinaro who met with tommy boy last week and tommy boy said that the clueless baffoon will be the coach next year..

DaBandit
08-28-2012, 07:34 PM
The FAN590 is using the FOX Soccer Channel audio feed. Can't even be bothered to send a couple of guys to BMO field.

So is sportsnet

Richard
08-28-2012, 07:35 PM
For those who were asking about the fate of mariner. Read a tweet from j. Molinaro who met with tommy boy last week and tommy boy said that the clueless baffoon will be the coach next year..

Who is to say Anselmi will be around to make that decision?

iy12l
08-28-2012, 07:35 PM
why are hoofing so much

i hope maund doesnt come on

Dkolish3
08-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Maund is getting loose, thank god Dunfield gave the thumbs up

Alonso
08-28-2012, 07:37 PM
CONCACAF stream is up and the far superior stream for sure....

http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/forcelogin/WatchLiveEvent/0,,12907~757679,00.html

Huyton
08-28-2012, 07:37 PM
CONCACAF feed is working now for me.

DaBandit
08-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Who is to say Anselmi will be around to make that decision?

Dear god I hope he's not because I can't take much more of this shite...

SirBobSaget
08-28-2012, 07:39 PM
haha McBride wondering why TFC keeps hoofing the ball

Gazza
08-28-2012, 07:40 PM
So the next time a Laguna player calls for a foul he'd better get a card.

iy12l
08-28-2012, 07:42 PM
This isnt football.... no team in the world hoofs the ball from the center backs to the striker constantly.

DaBandit
08-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Agonizing watching our players constantly hoof the ball up to no one.. Sorry not no one an opposing player..

Apparently Mariner doesn't like to talk about tactics.. Why you ask? Because he is clueless and has no tactics other then kick the ball as far as possible..

DaBandit
08-28-2012, 07:44 PM
This isnt football.... no team in the world hoofs the ball from the center backs to the striker constantly.

Yup, this is what top dollar ticket prices gets you in ML$E's world..

Yohan
08-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Why cant tfc play like this in the league?

iy12l
08-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Why are people sayings Freddy Hall's ball distribution is better than Kocic. Past 4 distributions went to a laguna player

Dkolish3
08-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Anybody else find it kinda funny when the Santos fans chant "Puta" when there's a Goal kick?

Nerepis
08-28-2012, 07:49 PM

Curious isn't it.

PAOK17
08-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Guys, come on...the long ball is like dump and chase in hockey..minus the boards and the ability to pummel your opponent to get possession back but other than that it should produce the same results, right?

You'd think with the wind, Mariner would have at least suggested keeping the ball on the ground.

Dkolish3
08-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Curious isn't it.

Cause we're a cup competition team.

I once suggested that TFC hire a hypnotherapist to convince TFC players that the League is just one big group stage, then the knockout rounds.

AlanO
08-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Best 45 minutes we've seen from TFC in several weeks.

Wiedeman is out of his depth, but everyone else has looked okay.

DaBandit
08-28-2012, 07:55 PM

Sorry I'm I missing something? I don't see any difference between this game any any league game other then the fact that Santos missed a sitter, so we're not actually losing by halftime.. Don't mean any disrespect just not seeing what you are..

Alonso
08-28-2012, 07:56 PM

Maybe we should drop out of MLS and play Concacaf tournaments exclusively...

Suds
08-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Just got home and missed the first half. So what's the synopsis so far?

Soccerpro
TFC better score. We're going to lose in Mexico, and based on last year in Mexico, probably absolutely humped. We need to win tonight.

Couchy81
Thankfully we aren't down 1-0.

Frings needs to stop shooting and distribute, last shot had a wide open Hassli at the top of the box.

Alonso

http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/forcelogin/WatchLiveEvent/0,,12907~757679,00.html

being played here as we type....

Nerepis
08-28-2012, 08:01 PM

We hoof the ball, they keep it on the ground, Mariner stomps around on the sideline... nil-nil g:D

Yohan
08-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Considering santos is better than any team in mls, tfc is managing to string more passes together than normal, decent off the ball movement. Other than one big breakdown, defence is holding firm. No one is really having a terrible game except hassli finish and weedman running around aimlessly

[NBF]
08-28-2012, 08:03 PM
I missed the first half whats the score and what are our chances?

daner90
08-28-2012, 08:04 PM
I don't understand why when we have Johnson available Mariner chooses to play him out wide in the midfield. We are effectively playing with 10-guys when Johnson is out on the wing because he is lost. Move Johnson back up top with Hassli, bring Silva back into the midfield and bring Avila on for Bright Eyes on the other wing to try and get some movement going down the wings.

That was a brutal half to watch.
Nothing beautiful about this game....

[NBF]
08-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Wow thats incredibly lucky, but I think that Santos will want to put this one away.

[NBF]
08-28-2012, 08:07 PM
Whats the formation and lineup?

[NBF]
08-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Hassli out, Amarikwa in. Goals are coming.

iy12l
08-28-2012, 08:09 PM
the best finisher in the modern era has missed

DoubleUp
08-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Why did he take out Hassli???

[NBF]
08-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Thats a nice goal.

Richard
08-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Nice shot.

iy12l
08-28-2012, 08:12 PM
and the season is finished... kocic could of saved that...

DaBandit
Why did he take out Hassli???

I can only assume he's injured... No one can be that clueless can they?

Dkolish3
Hall should have done better

ryan
that pretty much seals it unless we find 3 goals somewhere.

Suds
08-28-2012, 08:13 PM
;1524170']Thats a nice goal.

Yeah. Not much fault there. Sometimes you just get scored on by a really good shot. This was one of those.

DaBandit
08-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Nice shot.

Great shot but was VERY saveable if hall didn't fall to the ground..

SirBobSaget
Avila needs to get a Bermudan passport

Suds
ugh ... we need to finish those

Dkolish3
Fuck, off the post!! Amarikwa should have done better

Yohan
Amarikwa, fuck no

Alonso
08-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Amirikwa! Fuck yeah!

ryan
those types of non goals are why winter isn't here anymore.

iy12l
Avila needs to get a Bermudan passport

so does kocic lol

DaBandit
Amerikwa.. Nice touch... Lol

[NBF]
08-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Tell me if this is right:

---------------------Hall--------------------
Hall------Eckersley--------O'Dea------Morgan
--------------------------------------------
Wiedeman--Dunfield-------Frings-----Johnson
--------------------Silva--------------------
-------------------Hassli--------------------

Subs: Hassli out, Amarikwa in

Alonso
08-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Amarikwa, fuck no

Haha... you beat me to a dfferent version.

DaBandit
08-28-2012, 08:17 PM
;1524187']Tell me if this is right:

---------------------Hall--------------------
Hall------Eckersley--------O'Dea------Morgan
--------------------------------------------
Wiedeman--Dunfield-------Frings-----Johnson
--------------------Silva--------------------
-------------------Hassli--------------------

Subs: Hassli out, Amarikwa in

Spot on bud..

Suds
08-28-2012, 08:18 PM
concacaf feed screwing up for everyone else?

Richard
those types of non goals are why winter isn't here anymore.

Yup. We would have had 5 wins atleast out of those 9 losses.

DoubleUp
I can only assume he's injured... No one can be that clueless can they?

Mariner never ceases to amaze me.:facepalm:

Dkolish3
08-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Astone Morgan is a B-E-A-S-T.

Soccerpro
08-28-2012, 08:20 PM
CCL season is now over with Santos' goal. No shame in it really, Santos are much better than any MLS team, they proved it last year.

Alonso
08-28-2012, 08:21 PM

Amirikwa has looked livelier so far....

I feel a....

AMERIKWA!

[fill in the blank]!

.... in our near future.

DaBandit
08-28-2012, 08:22 PM

I know what did we do to deserve this..

iy12l
08-28-2012, 08:24 PM
What if Mariner is purposely trying to destroy TFC lol

Yohan
08-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Weedman is everywhere, but with a purpose in second half

Alonso
08-28-2012, 08:25 PM
This concacaf feed is killing me!

I missed the first goal and now its crapping out again...

DoubleUp
08-28-2012, 08:26 PM
I know what did we do to deserve this..

you dont! deserve it my friend, you dont!:nono:

ryan
08-28-2012, 08:26 PM
ODea did that on purpose and Hall is giving him some trolling.

I can approve of all of that.

DaBandit
08-28-2012, 08:27 PM
What if Mariner is purposely trying to destroy TFC lol

It was destroyed before he took over, but he's making sure that everything is burnt to the ground.. Lol

Suds
08-28-2012, 08:28 PM
This concacaf feed is killing me!

I missed the first goal and now its crapping out again...

working well -slightly delayed
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/137817/1/watch-toronto-fc-vs-santos-laguna.html

gracos
I hope Mariner stays on, or the ABCs and Mariner combined leave, enough of changing the coaches, and not being able to produce a winning product, I am completely passed the prime of being frustrated with the squad however i cannot fully blame it on the coach alone

DoubleUp

Thats why he plays, he works hard. I'll give him that. But I still think Amerikwa would make more dynamic right winger, and provide more width.

DoubleUp
08-28-2012, 08:30 PM
I hope Mariner stays on, or the ABCs and Mariner combined leave, enough of changing the coaches, and not being able to produce a winning product, I am completely passed the prime of being frustrated with the squad however i cannot fully blame it on the coach alone

Sorry but this is really not the guy to stick with. Really!

Yohan
That was nice move by amarikwa

iy12l
lmao we got lucky

Suds
wow... not pretty but who the hell cares!!

Alonso
Amerikwa!!!!

Fuck yeah!!!!!

Dkolish3
08-28-2012, 08:31 PM

I'd still rather have Plata or Soolsma, that this bum

----Damn it Dkolish3 focus on the positives he seems to care for this game-----

Also God Bless Amerikwa

----Though he still sucks----

Couchy81
Livin in Amirikwa!!!

ryan
not so sure about that one but why not.

Yohan
Amarikwa, fuck yeah! Coming now, to score another fucking goal yeah!

ryan
08-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Mariner thinks he just won the Super Bowl. :D

Hate to see what he'd do if we won a trophy.

Suds
08-28-2012, 08:33 PM
watching the replay, that was a brutal clearance by their goalie ... If I were Mariner I'd be pumping all kinds of high ball in the box and putting bodies around him

gracos
08-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Sorry but this is really not the guy to stick with. Really!

If we continue revolving the door around, nothing good would ever come of TFC until we get rid of the problem all along which are the ABCs, until thats established I would think Sir Alex Ferguson, or Jose Mourinho would fail because of the mismanagement above

DaBandit
08-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Amerikwa!!!!

Fuck yeah!!!!!

Glad for the goal but he's still shite.. Lol

[NBF]
08-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Mariner almost did an Adebayor celebration. The funny thing is that everyone made fun of Adebayor for running the distance of the pitch in celebration. They even compared it to the movie Chariots of Fire.

http://chud.com/nextraimages/Chariots3.jpg

DoubleUp
08-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Mariner thinks he just won the Super Bowl. :D

Hate to see what he'd do if we won a trophy.
:michael:

Alonso
08-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Glad for the goal but he's still shite.. Lol

Maybe.

But livelier in this half so far than the guy he was subbed for imo.

DoubleUp
08-28-2012, 08:37 PM
If we continue revolving the door around, nothing good would ever come of TFC until we get rid of the problem all along which are the ABCs, until thats established I would think Sir Alex Ferguson, or Jose Mourinho would fail because of the mismanagement above

Well we need to stop after Mariner.

DaBandit
08-28-2012, 08:38 PM

Sorry but I have to agree with D-up this is not the right guy to stick with.. I agree that we have to stop the coaching carousel but let stop it when we get a coach that isn't playing hoof ball and isn't clueless...

iy12l
08-28-2012, 08:38 PM
lol why is Hall running to the corner flag

Suds
08-28-2012, 08:39 PM
So, assuming we're 1-1 with 10 mins to go. What changes do you think we need to make to go for the win?

DaBandit
08-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Maybe.

But livelier in this half so far than the guy he was subbed for imo.

Yes but in fairness to hassli, he didn't get much service just long balls over the top all 1st half

iy12l
08-28-2012, 08:41 PM
So, assuming we're 1-1 with 10 mins to go. What changes do you think we need to make to go for the win?

Mariner always kills the game with a Maund substitution.

DaBandit
08-28-2012, 08:42 PM

Yes.. Bring in Avilla as an attacking option.. But we'll probably see Maund

Alonso
08-28-2012, 08:43 PM
working well -slightly delayed
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/137817/1/watch-toronto-fc-vs-santos-laguna.html

Thanks man...

Not working for me though....

Not up to date on my plug ins I guess?

DaBandit
08-28-2012, 08:43 PM
God.. j. Hall is horrible at tackling..

Dkolish3
08-28-2012, 08:44 PM

Bunker hope for a healthy Hassli in the return leg/

Yohan
Jeremy hall blows. Freddy hall making a bit of case for himself.

Suds
That was a big stop by Hall at the 80 min mark.

[NBF]
08-28-2012, 08:46 PM
lol@a black cat

hahahahhahahaha

DaBandit
08-28-2012, 08:46 PM
That was a big stop by Hall at the 80 min mark.

Agreed suds, he's actually been not too bad so far tonight..

DoubleUp
08-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Yes all we need now! A black cat turn across Halls goal.:facepalm:

ryan
lololollolololololololo

Suds
hahahahaaa!!! "most pace we've seen in the whole game"!!!

gracos
toronto fc found a new player, a new black cat

Dkolish3
Was it bad luck for us or them?

Alonso
HAHA! "THE MOST PACE WE'VE SEEN IN THE WHOLE GAME!" - Concacaf announcer regarding the cat running across the field at BMO.

Chevy
You couldn't make up this s**t.

ArmenJBX
08-28-2012, 08:48 PM
LOOOOOOL Well...that was interesting.

[NBF]
08-28-2012, 08:48 PM
that was the most entertaining part of the whole game

DoubleUp
08-28-2012, 08:50 PM
You couldn't make up this s**t.

Only..........:tfc:

LittleOzzy
08-28-2012, 08:51 PM
Black cat.... Proof that we are cursed?

Yohan
Fox commentator wanted to put a jersey on the cat and put him on the wing

Gazza
Jao Plata sighting.

Alonso
Announcer made a good point just there....

I have heard and seen Johnson about three times this whole match. Mostly invisible...

[NBF]
08-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Too easy of a goal.

Alonso
Son of a bitch

ArmenJBX
And that's what happens when you get cursed by a black cat.

This organization is cursed. The Black Cat just proved it.

Richard
How shity are we.