PDA

View Full Version : TFC/Leafs/Raptors fans unite "Protest March to MLSE HQ"

asterix606
08-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Bell and Rogers are taking over ML$E in the very near future.

Is it not time to organize a multi-sports fan protest march to ML$E head quarters?

This would be a great way to unite the Toronto sports community that has been beaten down for the past decades.

Is it feasible?

narduch
08-19-2012, 06:08 PM
The Raptors and Leafs don't have organized supporter's groups.

Pookie
08-19-2012, 06:18 PM

^ that and we don't pay for Personal Seat Licenses. A huge complicating factor.

Greatest Ripoff
08-19-2012, 06:22 PM

But how many people on this board just here because they support TFC and are not part of an organized supporter's group? I am sure there are a lot of similar Raptors and Leafs fans. The Pension Plan Puppets could rally Leafs fans.

khso11
08-19-2012, 06:28 PM
But how many people on this board just here because they support TFC and are not part of an organized supporter's group? I am sure there are a lot of similar Raptors and Leafs fans. The Pension Plan Puppets could rally Leafs fans.

I know there is forums for those teams, there might be a chance of 10% of the ppl that will come out, but nothing big.

Pookie
08-19-2012, 06:31 PM

to do what though?

The vast majority of Leaf fans don't hold season tickets. Those that do may have invested 5 digits into a Personal Seat License which will revert back to MLSE if they don't renew their tickets. A march would generate media attention for a few hours, then what?

And what would be the goal? Not sucking? The Leafs and Raptors have already removed Anselmi from the org structure.

asterix606
08-19-2012, 07:02 PM
to do what though?

The vast majority of Leaf fans don't hold season tickets. Those that do may have invested 5 digits into a Personal Seat License which will revert back to MLSE if they don't renew their tickets. A march would generate media attention for a few hours, then what?

And what would be the goal? Not sucking? The Leafs and Raptors have already removed Anselmi from the org structure.

How about this? Burn it to the gournd! Fresh start for everyone!!

http://www.serendipity.li/wot/other_fires/madrid_burning.jpg

Beach_Red
08-19-2012, 08:27 PM
to do what though?

Yes, it's not like the management doesn't know what the teams' records are. They keep shuffling the deck and changing middle-management. What more can they do? (okay, so I'm being sarcastic, but... look, the current MLSE management have mostly hired yes-men. From the beginning with the the Leafs Burke talked more like a cheap owner than a GM, always worried about the 'health of the league' and other things the GM of the richest team should never have cared about. But how else would he have made it past the interview to get the job? The NBA had to step in and make the decision for the Raptors. So, let's hope Bell/Rogers is better at picking management people).

Fort York Redcoat
08-20-2012, 08:43 AM
How about this? Burn it to the gournd! Fresh start for everyone!!

http://www.serendipity.li/wot/other_fires/madrid_burning.jpg

Posting this is not the way to be taken seriously.

T-boy
08-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Bell and Rogers are taking over ML$E in the very near future.

Is it not time to organize a multi-sports fan protest march to ML$E head quarters?

This would be a great way to unite the Toronto sports community that has been beaten down for the past decades.

Is it feasible?

The idea is a MUST to show that we (sports fans in this city) are serious.

Is it feasable? Sadly no, so we are all fucked as sports fans in this city :(

gate7
08-20-2012, 09:15 AM
exactly!! ^

asterix606
08-21-2012, 02:20 PM
A TFC protest march is greatly needed! We must fight back! Show some guts and pride!

- We are the joke of the league (no playoffs in 6 seasons and presently worst team in the league)
- We pay the highest prices in the league.
- We only get a cheap white scarf as STH!

MLSE does not even care about you anymore (they never did). Their future is selling this shit to soccer moms, kids and people who dont know crap about the sport.

I enjoy reading RPB posts but you guys must also be getting tired after 6 years. Talking about the same hopes, things to change, problems and MLSE incompetence.

It is time to put the pen down and take the sword (Protest march) out!!!

Fort York Redcoat
08-21-2012, 02:43 PM
^The scarf this year is red.

asterix606
08-21-2012, 02:57 PM
^The scarf this year is red.

I was talking about the season opener scarf, I remember mine being white. Not that this matters!!!

I was really hoping that you would have something to add to this thread. You are a RPB member and any protest march sucess will depend on RPB particpation.

1. Choosing a date (during the week or weekend) and get a permit.
2. Ideally, do the march before a TFC game. We all meet up outside Skydome and walk to the ACC. (after that walk or ttc to the game)
3. Contact tv and radio stations to conduct interviews.
4. Designate RPB members to do those interviews with a clear message.
5. Designate RPB members to be the march leaders.
6. What will our banners and signs say (keep it simple).
7. How many people can we get. It must be done before a game to attract a large fan base.

I truly hope that we can get this done in September!

It's just an idea, I just hope that RPB can help and make it happen.

T-boy
08-21-2012, 03:06 PM
asterix - you sound like what I was suggesting a couple of weeks ago. There appear to be little interest in something like this, mainly as it doesn't seem possible to gang together with Raptors or Leafs fans to do something like this.

I think if ONLY TFC fans did a bit of a protest , it wouldn't have much affect. For a protest of size to work, we need to be with Leafs and Raptors fans and protest how ALL the sports are run in this city. But the Leafs don't have a supporters group like the RPB, so that's where we fall flat on our faces with this idea, unfortunately.

I would LOVE to get a massive amount of people together and march to Maple Leaf Square and sit in front of the MLSE "flagship" ACC and Real Sports Bar and protest. But I just don't think its going to happen :(

Ultra & Proud
08-21-2012, 03:17 PM
This entire thread is retarded.

So the march to MLSE is to let them know that the fans of all their sports teams are unhappy with losing? Wow, that'll be news to them. What do you expect to accomplish? You think a small protest like this will make them change everything or sell off the teams? Seems to me that the folks who support TFC get heard quite frequently. Once the pitchfork and torches mob gets on a manager the upper management folks seem to abide and change everything and that's why our roster is inferior. We get stuck with mistakes from the past who can't find their way in the new system and they usually aren't easy to unload so we get stuck with dead wood. Happened over and over again.

I think there are two courses of action that people should do:

1) Don't renew your tickets for real this time and forget this team ever existed and go back to supporting Man U, Real Madrid, or whatever perennial bandwagon winner team you choose to support is. That is what MLSE will notice; not caring enough about the club to renew their tickets or bother talking on boards like this, which they read obviously. Protesting = caring and if the fans care then the fans will be back.

or

2) Give Mariner (and thus the management team at the only MLSE team that really matters) the same amount of time and patience that Aron Winter got. The team Mariner inherited was crap and unable to compete in this league. Give him the same two transfer windows and then take it from there. In the meantime watch the team, see who would fit in the future and who needs to go and discuss it like normal without all the whining and ML$E shite.

West220Side
08-21-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm reading this thread laughing, I just feel like... If you're a registered user and not a paying member of the RPB or in any way contributing to them you shouldn't be barking out orders, and telling them to organize a march. It would be different if you were a paying member, and you wanted to organize something but you're essentially just telling somebody else what to do, when you yourself don't want to organize this yourself.

As much as this is a forum where all the supporters commonly gather it is still owned and operated by the red patch boys team.

asterix606
08-21-2012, 03:34 PM
This entire thread is retarded.

So the march to MLSE is to let them know that the fans of all their sports teams are unhappy with losing? Wow, that'll be news to them. What do you expect to accomplish? You think a small protest like this will make them change everything or sell off the teams? Seems to me that the folks who support TFC get heard quite frequently. Once the pitchfork and torches mob gets on a manager the upper management folks seem to abide and change everything and that's why our roster is inferior. We get stuck with mistakes from the past who can't find their way in the new system and they usually aren't easy to unload so we get stuck with dead wood. Happened over and over again.

I think there are two courses of action that people should do:

1) Don't renew your tickets for real this time and forget this team ever existed and go back to supporting Man U, Real Madrid, or whatever perennial bandwagon winner team you choose to support is. That is what MLSE will notice; not caring enough about the club to renew their tickets or bother talking on boards like this, which they read obviously. Protesting = caring and if the fans care then the fans will be back.

or

2) Give Mariner (and thus the management team at the only MLSE team that really matters) the same amount of time and patience that Aron Winter got. The team Mariner inherited was crap and unable to compete in this league. Give him the same two transfer windows and then take it from there. In the meantime watch the team, see who would fit in the future and who needs to go and discuss it like normal without all the whining and ML$E shite.

It's to let Bell and Rogers know that TFC fans have had enough!! The teams have already been sold off to Bell and Rogers!

A quick protest march (30 minutes max) Do the interviews and get out.

Im not renewing, decision made a while back. I guess im just trying to do something else before the long sunset.

T-Boy, when you tried doind this a while back, did RPB support your move?

asterix606
08-21-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm reading this thread laughing, I just feel like... If you're a registered user and not a paying member of the RPB or in any way contributing to them you shouldn't be barking out orders, and telling them to organize a march. It would be different if you were a paying member, and you wanted to organize something but you're essentially just telling somebody else what to do, when you yourself don't want to organize this yourself.

As much as this is a forum where all the supporters commonly gather it is still owned and operated by the red patch boys team.

Ha..ha!!! You are funny! Barking orders! What are you talking about? I finish with "It's just an idea, I just hope that RPB can help and make it happen"

And also calling a thread that proposes a protest march "retarted" by a guy named Ultra & Proud makes me laugh. You should be supporting this concept of action if you are "Ultra" and "Proud".

Ultra & Proud
08-21-2012, 04:00 PM
It's to let Bell and Rogers know that TFC fans have had enough!! The teams have already been sold off to Bell and Rogers!

A quick protest march (30 minutes max) Do the interviews and get out.

So you think Bell & Rogers don't know TFC fans (and the other team's fans) aren't happy about not making the playoffs in years or ever in our case? They obviously know the records of these teams and even their TV ratings so I am sure they are well aware of the fan's unhappiness and I am sure they'd be happier if the teams were winners too, ratings and ad wise. Unless Bell and Rogers customer research teams have discovered that we are different than every other sports city in the world and we enjoy perpetually losing, I would expect some actions to come if the present regime doesn't get off to a decent start and a consistent run next season.

You also think they will notice a march to MLSE HQ? Do you really think the press will care or write anything other than a fluff piece like Kelly did back in the black shirt days?

You want Bell & Rogers to notice? Cancel your phones, cable, and internet services and tell their reps and supervisors it's because TFC is crap and they own them. That's a recorded call I would love to hear.

Ultra & Proud
08-21-2012, 04:04 PM
And also calling a thread that proposes a protest march "retarted" by a guy named Ultra & Proud makes me laugh. You should be supporting this concept of action if you are "Ultra" and "Proud".
It's because the premise of this protest is ridiculous and will make anyone who attends it look like an idiot. That's my opinion on it.

And it's spelled retarded. With a D.

Oldtimer
08-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks for your suggestion, but there is no protest march being planned by the executive at this time. They have their own plans for the situation regarding the team. This thread will now be closed.