PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Rongen

Greatest Ripoff
08-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Is he on his way out as academy director or does he just have way too much free time on his hands? And if it is free time, how much is he actually doing to properly run the academy?

Sportsnet and Fox Soccer are partnering to launch a new nightly soccer highlights program. To me., it seems this takes former Canadian soccer shows like Fox Soccer Report and Setanta Connected to a whole new level. Sportsnet will produce two versions of the show. Fox Soccer News will air at 10pm ET on Fox Soccer in America. Soccer Central will air at 11pm ET on Sportsnet World in Canada.
Brendon Dunlop will host the new show. Analysts will include former Fox Soccer Report analyst Bobby McMahon, Kara Lang, Colin Miller and Thomas Rongen.

http://canadiansportsfan.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/breaking-sportsnet-world-launches-new-soccer-central/

OgtheDim
08-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Depends on whether he spends more then 2 hours a week on it.

mcolvy
08-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Nahh don't worry. I don't think its a big deal. Some GMs for NA sports teams have weekly planned visits to different shows. Its good PR and they almost never take a lot of time for preparation. I think he just made for a perfect guest on the show, as he is well respected in the US, but also now has the Canadian connection. I don't think its a big deal.

It will only do good. Unless they are shipping him out somewhere else. If he goes dt for 2 hours every Tuesday night, who cares?