PDA

View Full Version : Pre/Game Thread: Toronto FC vs Sporting KC Sat, Aug.18 @ 4:30pm on GOL TV Canada

prizby
08-16-2012, 02:09 PM
here is all I got:

pACI9rHmmyI

replace 'Neville' with 'Teal'

Ultra & Proud
08-16-2012, 02:27 PM
August 18th is Saturday.

DoubleUp
08-16-2012, 05:48 PM
I would like to see this:

...................Kocic.............
....Henry....Ecks...O'dea...Morgan
Ameri..Dunfield...Frings....Johnson
...........Silva........Hassli..........

against sporting Kc.

stevielarson
08-16-2012, 07:56 PM
for what its worth the banner at the top of the message board says we are playing RSL.

leafsman
08-16-2012, 08:48 PM
lol, what did neville do to them?

Gazza
08-16-2012, 08:50 PM
lol, what did neville do to them?

He played for the greatest club team in the history of sports. Jealousy is always the best form of flattery.

PS. His brother is way more of a c word than he is.

I do support Prizby's chant for saturday. Sure i'll be singing it a couple of beers in.

khso11
08-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Teal,Teal
You're a cunt, you're a cunt
You'll always BE A CUNT
You'll ALWAYS BE A CUNT

hahahahaha

prizby
08-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Teal,Teal
You'll always BE A CUNT
You'll ALWAYS BE A CUNT

hahahahaha

+1 to that

CoachGT
08-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Time for the team to step up. No excuses and poor quality play. If we play like we did Wednesday, we'll get crushed. We need to play a solid game against a quality opponent. Nothing short of a full team effort will get us any results.

Hopefully we get to see a functioning back line for this one.

I'm cautiously optimistic.........

Corporal G-funk
08-17-2012, 07:45 AM
I would like to see this:

...................Kocic.............
....Henry....Ecks...O'dea...Morgan
Ameri..Dunfield...Frings....Johnson
...........Silva........Hassli..........

against sporting Kc.

From that formation I'd like to see Eckersley and Henry swap position. Ecks is only a temporary solution in the middle, and we'd be better to use our remaining league games to try and solidify our defence ready for next season.

Fort York Redcoat
08-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Teal,Teal
You'll always BE A CUNT
You'll ALWAYS BE A CUNT

hahahahaha

+1 to that

Priz please post link to the tune of that song. Every time you sing it I can't suss it out. Words, fine. Tune, need.

Auzzy
08-17-2012, 09:13 AM
KC has an away record of 6 wins, 4 losses, and 2 ties this season. One of the better road teams IMO. This won't be easy.

I have a feeling that Mariner doesn't like to change too many things at once, especially at defense. Also, the guys haven't had much time to practice with O'Dea. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Ecks at CB one more time, paired with O'Dea to ease him in, and Henry at RB. Agreed that Ecks is better at RB, but his recovery speed and tenacity has bailed out our overall weak defense a number of times. We shall see. Not happy with some things that Mariner has done, but Ecks at CB (until reinforcements arrive) hasn't been his worst move.

Silva and Hassli worked well together vs Portland. Let's see what happens there, likely Johnson will be back as a forward, hopefully all three can click. (And hopefully Hassli isn't injured.)

prizby
08-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Priz please post link to the tune of that song. Every time you sing it I can't suss it out. Words, fine. Tune, need.

pACI9rHmmyI

listen to the background or

E3-d_0Sf6t0

get it yet?

Super
08-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Hahaha love the chant. It's set to the "You'll never walk alone" tune - only fast. Brilliant!

Suds
08-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Teal,Teal
You'll always BE A CUNT
You'll ALWAYS BE A CUNT

hahahahaha

we (CFC fans) use that chant for a few other of our favourite players :)

ManUtd4ever
08-17-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing how our lineup measures up against SKC with most of our reinforcements available. I would like to see the following formation implemented, which would play to the strengths of our starters in my opinion...

--------------------Kocic---------------------

Henry-----Eckersley-----O'Dea-----Morgan

--------------------Frings--------------------

-----Lambe---------------------Dunfield----

--------------------Silva---------------------

----------Johnson---------Hassli------------

Subs: Avila, Wiedeman, Amerikwa

Suds
08-17-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing how our lineup measures up against SKC with most of our reinforcements available. I would like to see the following formation implemented, which would play to the strengths of our starters in my opinion...

Based on what I read it seemed Mariner still had Henry in the middle with O'Dea at practice. But I like that line-up.

maninb
08-17-2012, 11:57 AM
From that formation I'd like to see Eckersley and Henry swap position. Ecks is only a temporary solution in the middle, and we'd be better to use our remaining league games to try and solidify our defence ready for next season.

Agreed but until we see if O'Dea has soem toughness and pace we need to keep Ecks there....

Gazza
08-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Teal,Teal
You'll always BE A CUNT
You'll ALWAYS BE A CUNT

hahahahaha

If i hear this loud and clear on saturday it might save the season for me.

prizby
08-17-2012, 12:02 PM

based on what Kurt Larson reported its more like

'Tomorrow's probable 11: Kocic, Morgan, O'Dea, Eckersley, Henry, AW, Dunfield, Frings, RJ, Silva, Hassli'

kocic
henry ecks odea morgan
wiedeman frings dunfield johnson
silva
hassli

?

Ultra & Proud
08-17-2012, 12:09 PM

The only thing I would do to this line up is switch Silva and Johnson's spots. Johnson can do a lot of work on the ball minus actually putting the ball in the net while Silva has been a ghost at AM but very active and dangerous while at FW.

cmonyoureds
08-17-2012, 12:25 PM
This for me is the big game for Mariner. Can his players, his new tactics/formations and managerial ability make us competitive against the better teams in MLS.

DoubleUp
08-17-2012, 12:31 PM
I dont know why people continue to post the diamond, when we dont use it and dont really have personnel to play it effectively.

Its not played with wingers, its played with cm's.

iy12l
08-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Ecks and Henry should play in their natural spots, Odea and Henry partnership could finally fix our D.

Joe Kool
08-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Ecks and Henry should play in their natural spots, Odea and Henry partnership could finally fix our D.

Mariner said today it will be O'Dea and Ecks...not Henry. Henry will probably stay on the right.

Another interesting move is to put Johnson on the right wing and keep Silva up front with Hassli. I thought Mariner might put Johnson with Hassli and move Silva back into an attacking mid role. Makes sense to use Johnson on the right since he was played wide before and with Lambe picking up that knock last game. They may shake it up at halftime if not working I guess.

T-boy
08-17-2012, 03:14 PM
I'd love to see Silva and Hassli given a good run together up front. They both have good vision and could play well off each other. Johnson can be a better threat out wide than Silva is.

OgtheDim
08-17-2012, 06:30 PM
KC will pressure us within an inch of our lives. I'd rather not see Johson as he doesn't track back enough. Avila in the middle and Silva playing just behind Hasli. Weedman can't handle pressure.

Yohan
08-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Fuck you Kai Kamara. Fuck you

West220Side
08-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Does anybody else sit before game time and think 'shit, I miss Koevermans.'

Gazza
08-17-2012, 08:49 PM
I'll be expecting a big game from Heskey.

asterix606
08-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Does anybody else sit before game time and think 'shit, I miss Koevermans.'

I sit before game time and think "shit, I miss a football club"

DoubleUp
08-17-2012, 09:37 PM

lol:lol:

OgtheDim
08-17-2012, 09:56 PM
I'll be expecting a big game from Heskey.

So has everybody else for nigh on 15 years.

Never happens though.

Fort York Redcoat
08-18-2012, 08:57 AM

:rolleyes: Where did you're old one go?

I miss the days when JBX was all for Jacob Peterson g:D

asterix606
08-18-2012, 11:21 AM
I really hope that TFC can win some games and not finish last (or bottom 3 in the league).

Lets imagine that MLS had a second division and teams could be relegated at the end of the season.

TFC: (end of season position, bottom 3 relegated)

2007 = 13 out of 13 (relegated)
2008 = 12 out of 14 (relegated)
2009 = 11 out of 15 (not relegated)
2010 = 11 out of 16 (not relegated)
2011 = 16 out of 18 (relegated)
2012 = 19 out of 19 (relegated)

Come on guys!! Lets at least stay out of the bottom 3!!

Pookie
08-18-2012, 12:05 PM
^ sad thing is that despite finishing low, we traded away one of the only benefits of finishing low with no 1st Round Pick in 2010 & 2011. No top picks for us those years, no free access to Generation Adidas players.

But on the plus side we parlayed the 2010 1st round pick for Adrian Serioux, whom I liked but only managed 26 games in Red. Dallas used our pick on Zach Lloyd, a defender with regular starts and 3 caps for the USMNT who still plays for Dallas. And following that good move up, we shipped the 2011 pick for Nathan Sturgis with players like Saprong and Will Bruin available at the time we would have drafted.

Aces.

mowe
08-18-2012, 02:49 PM
#TorontoFC (https://twitter.com/search/?q=%23TorontoFC&src=hash) XI: Kocic; Henry, Eckersley, O'Dea, Morgan; Wiedeman, Frings, Dunfield, Johnson; Silva, Hassli

#TorontoFC (https://twitter.com/search/?q=%23TorontoFC&src=hash) substitutes: F. Hall; Emory, Cann, Williams, Maund, Avila, Amarikwa

Looking forward to see this lineup in action.

TFCmatty
08-18-2012, 03:36 PM
stream?

narduch
08-18-2012, 03:38 PM
stream?

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/135977/2/watch-toronto-fc-vs-kansas-city.html

TFCmatty
08-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Cheers :)

daner90
08-18-2012, 03:43 PM
I can't even believe how bad the video is when the games are on GolTV. What a fucking joke. Meanwhile we can get every Whitecaps game in crisp clear HD despite them being a team from across the country. get your shit together MLSE.

OgtheDim
08-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Chances are GOL will be gone in a few months...no use putting any effort into that.

[NBF]
08-18-2012, 03:53 PM
boring.:drinking:

narduch
08-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Chances are GOL will be gone in a few months...no use putting any effort into that.

Didn't they lose the Spanish La Liga rights?

I think you may be right. With the Bell/Rogers takeover the channel may be deemed too much of a money loser.

[NBF]
08-18-2012, 03:55 PM

Fuck, my tv lineup is getting pretty thin.

[NBF]
08-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Didn't they lose the Spanish La Liga rights?

I think you may be right. With the Bell/Rogers takeover the channel may be deemed too much of a money loser.

Effective this season? no more la liga?

narduch
08-18-2012, 03:56 PM
As for the game, its pretty much all KC attacking in TFC's end.

Although there was one moment where the last KC defender tackled Hassli and should have been red carded. The ref gave a yellow.

[NBF]
08-18-2012, 03:58 PM
So did Heskey miss his flight? I thought he was coming to TFC.

OgtheDim
08-18-2012, 03:58 PM
;1521751']boring.:drinking:

can't all be Norwich and Fulham...

narduch
08-18-2012, 03:59 PM
;1521754']Effective this season? no more la liga?

Some company from Qatar named beIN Sport has snapped up the North American rights to La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 & South American WC qualifers. The broadcast of all those leagues is now up in the air in Canada.

ag futbol
08-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Some company from Qatar named beIN Sport has snapped up the North American rights to Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 & South American WC qualifers. The broadcast of all those leagues is now up in the air in Canada.
Really? That's crap.

Although, I have to say I've liked the brazilian league coverage that's filled some of the void.

iy12l
08-18-2012, 04:03 PM
should of played lambe over the weed-man,,

[NBF]
08-18-2012, 04:03 PM
can't all be Norwich and Fulham...

Speaking of Fulham, what dick move by Dempsey to decide he was worth a 1st round pick by Liverpool. He should of known that you get chastised in football if you pull shit like that. It dont matter if you are Tevez or Ibrahimovic.

DoubleUp
08-18-2012, 04:04 PM
midfield looking suspect.

narduch

Lambe is hurt.

Soccerpro
Wow, a lot of people don't even post in these game threads anymore. SKC playing well right now, TFC not much posession.

OgtheDim
Oh my gosh.............a central defender yelling out instructions? I may swoon....

ag futbol
08-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Wiedeman is a suspect choice at best. I mean jesus, the number of players we have playing out of position now... this is starting to look very Mo Johnston.

DoubleUp

He's injured.

narduch
Really? That's crap.

Although, I have to say I've liked the brazilian league coverage that's filled some of the void.

Yup its true. No La Liga on Gol TV this weekend.

There are rumours that the Qatar company is looking to buy a piece of TLN and EWS and then use both of those channels. I guess they didn't understand CRTC rules before purchasing the rights (or didn't care).

[NBF]
08-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Really? That's crap.

a few years ago FSC Canada had the rights to air the Argentinian league and the Copa America, and my favorite part of watching those games was when the flood of people would fly down the steps when a gol was scored. That was worth a laugh or two, and that trumpeteer that played the same fucking song for every match.

iy12l
08-18-2012, 04:08 PM
lol we really suck

Soccerpro
08-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Does anyone think Frings is still worth the money he's getting from TFC this season?

We are getting worked. No possession. Weiderman (sp?) isn't MLS quality. All we do is occasionally boot it up to Hassli.

TFCmatty
08-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Kansas is a very solid team. I think we're holding our shape though and actually look all right the few times we've ventured forward.

O'dea has looked very comfortable so far, doing a good job organizing by the looks of it.

[NBF]
08-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Does anyone think Frings is still worth the money he's getting from TFC this season?

We are getting worked. No possession. Weiderman (sp?) isn't MLS quality. All we do is occasionally boot it up to Hassli.

Frings, hasnt looked interested in a while. Even in Wednesday's game, it looked like he didnt care what happened around him.

narduch
08-18-2012, 04:13 PM

I agree. But its kind of sacrilege to mention that.

To be honest I hope he retires after this season so that his DP spot can be better used.

I'm sure he doesn't want to stick around this shit show much longer anyways.

ag futbol
08-18-2012, 04:14 PM

In my opinion, not so much. Provides some good things no doubt, but he simply can't keep up with the pace of play these days. Next year it's not going to be any better, probably a good idea if this was the end of the road.

[NBF]
08-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Kansas is a very solid team. I think we're holding our shape though and actually look all right the few times we've ventured forward.

O'dea has looked very comfortable so far, doing a good job organizing by the looks of it.

Theyre able to maintain the formation because its easy to stay in shape when only one guy is going forward and the rest are playing defense.

iy12l
08-18-2012, 04:15 PM
ecks better be playing at RB now... i dont want to see Emory at rb..

Soccerpro
I agree. But its kind of sacrilege to mention that.

To be honest I hope he retires after this season so that his DP spot can be better used.

I'm sure he doesn't want to stick around this shit show much longer anyways.

I would love it if Frings retired, a good occurance for everyone.

narduch
Henry hurt, Emory in.

OgtheDim
08-18-2012, 04:16 PM
..To be honest I hope he retires after this season so that his DP spot can be better used.

Not really. Without Frings, we need a DM. So we get a younger DP DM, that's all.

[NBF]
08-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Wow Morgan as the right back..... Incredible.

Soccerpro
08-18-2012, 04:17 PM
on the bright side O'Dea looks solid. He's doing all the right things. Hopefully he works out and we can bring in a solid CB and RB to play wit hhim and Morgan next year.

ag futbol
08-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Not really. Without Frings, we need a DM. So we get a younger DP DM, that's all.
We need a DM anyways, probably two, and MLS produces a fair number of them. There's absolutely no need whatsoever to use a DP slot on one.

Dunfield and Frings, are far too slow to police the middle of the park if we want to be a winning team.

[NBF]
08-18-2012, 04:20 PM
on the bright side O'Dea looks solid. He's doing all the right things. Hopefully he works out and we can bring in a solid CB and RB to play wit hhim and Morgan next year.

At this point I think its possible TFC lets Johnson and Eckersley go if they get an offer for either them. I can see Henry getting regular starts as a right back next season.

Soccerpro
08-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Interesting stat - SKC haven't allowed a goal on a corner all year. SJ Earthquakes have the most goals on corners this year. Set plays are huge in MLS (see also Houston) it is so understated, TFC have always been terrible at set pieces. Look at the impact Steven Lenhart has had on set pieces for SJ this year, worth it to sign him just for that aspect.

Soccerpro
08-18-2012, 04:21 PM

A DM should never be a DP in MLS, poor use of resources.

[NBF]
08-18-2012, 04:22 PM
We need a DM anyways, probably two, and MLS produces a fair number of them. There's absolutely no need whatsoever to use a DP slot on one.

Dunfield and Frings, are far too slow to police the middle of the park if we want to be a winning team.

IMO, we could have a pretty decent DM in Jeremy Hall, he can also play as a right midfielder and right back.

Soccerpro
08-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Bunbury gets behind our nearly 400k ball watching CB Eckersley for the 2nd time in the half. Bailed out by Kocic twice so far.

iy12l
08-18-2012, 04:25 PM
i cant beieve people pay to see this

reggie
08-18-2012, 04:30 PM
im really sori to the people that i gave my tickets to...jus ugly

123 elite
08-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Kocic hoof Kocic hoof Kocic hoof Kocic hoof Kocic hoof Kocic hoofKocic hoof

reggie
08-18-2012, 04:35 PM
weedman sucks large..but i guess he is better then plata or soolsma.. what a joke.

OgtheDim
08-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Listening to the SKC commentators during the break during their commercials.....they are impressed with Johnson and O'Dea and Kocic.

reggie
08-18-2012, 04:36 PM
im glad i stayed home for this one..

[NBF]
08-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Amercia and Hall need to come in for Wiedeman and Dunfield.

DoubleUp
08-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Iam glad people are finally coming to grips about frings. A Dp dm is a waste of resource but a ball playing (box2box)midfielder is not.

OgtheDim
08-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Anybody who thinks Dunfield is coming out of this game baring an injury hasn't been watching the reality of the last few months.

TFCBarrie
08-18-2012, 04:54 PM
There's nothing in this thread except a bunch of people who clearly have no idea what they're talking about complaining about stuff that doesn't make sense. If you want entertainment, go to the movies, this is a sport.

ag futbol
08-18-2012, 04:54 PM
I don't know what to say about this... for one, it seems like our coach has a very limited mind tactically. We're forcing our players to fit into something he's comfortable with, rather than what they are made for.

If RJ is going to be used out wide on the left ... not too sure about his future with TFC, we're not getting very much out of him in that spot.

icecoldbeer
08-18-2012, 04:57 PM
these announcers are painful

narduch
08-18-2012, 04:58 PM
There's nothing in this thread except a bunch of people who clearly have no idea what they're talking about complaining about stuff that doesn't make sense. If you want entertainment, go to the movies, this is a sport.

Pot, meet kettle...

[NBF]
08-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Anybody who thinks Dunfield is coming out of this game baring an injury hasn't been watching the reality of the last few months.

Dunfield is the Mantequilla(Butters) of TFC. I'll give him his props for trying and succeeding in some ways but you cant say that Dunfield, Amerikwa, and Wiedeman are MLS material. On any other team these guys wouldnt even been picked up. Good on him for trying.

http://www.cannibalthemusical.net/images/butters.jpg

Dkolish3
08-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Remember when these threads averaged 10 pages or so.

ParadymeTFC
08-18-2012, 05:08 PM

https://www.google.ca/search?q=sport&rlz=1C1CHTY_enCA495CA495&sugexp=chrome,mod=3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&rlz=1C1CHTY_enCA495CA495&q=sport&tbs=dfn:1&tbo=u&ei=xhEwUN3BBsX06AHo24HoDg&ved=0CGQQkQ4&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=4beb944d59246923&biw=1920&bih=955

Just leave this here.

OgtheDim
08-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Meh......there are a lot of good things going on out there today. Hassli working hard, O'Dea doing well. Kocic, Ecks.

And a lot of worrying things.

I still think this is a much better team then 2 years ago. Have to finish the job of course, but holding SKC for 70 odd minutes is something.

[NBF]
08-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Whos leading the SKC in goals?

Dkolish3
08-18-2012, 05:13 PM
;1521807']Whos leading the SKC in goals?

Kamara with 8

Lennon
08-18-2012, 05:14 PM
'When goals are allowed'

haha

Dkolish3
08-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Wiedeman had a brain fart

Dkolish3
08-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Well we can't say it wasn't coming

OgtheDim
08-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Kocic caught cheating

ag futbol
08-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Looks like he got caught wrong footed there ... little bit soft but when you sit back and defend all game eventually the cracks start to show.

narduch
08-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Down a goal, and no real options on the bench to try to get one back.

ag futbol
08-18-2012, 05:26 PM
lolololol

Dkolish3
08-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Red card taken back?

Is that possible?

narduch
08-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Red card taken back?

Is that possible?

In MLS, anything is.

OgtheDim
08-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Pulled the wrong card......probably does that in his normal beer league duties the rest of the week.

Dkolish3
08-18-2012, 05:30 PM
the ref completely lost the plot.

MG42
08-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Crap, just a continuous unrelenting tsunami of crap encompassing every aspect of this franchise

ag futbol
08-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Well that made for an interesting last few minutes. I think back in ref school, they probably tell you to pull out the yellow and show it to the guy afterwords rather than yell "I take it back" at the bench and make it up as you go.

reggie
08-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Pulled the wrong card......probably does that in his normal beer league duties the rest of the week.

this is a beer league,is it not??

Richard
08-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Tone it down about the refs. Were all human, jeez.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78G8U-DL4s4

reggie
08-18-2012, 05:59 PM
how are they ever going to sell this club to the season ticket holders in the off season??

ryan
08-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Kocic caught cheating

I think he had it lined up and the deflection is what screwed it up. The deflection, probably shouldn't have happened should the wall have remained solid.

asterix606
08-18-2012, 06:43 PM
how are they ever going to sell this club to the season ticket holders in the off season??

MLSE already has a solid plan.

"Girls, work your magic!!"

"Free b-jobs for all TFC season ticket renewals"

http://www.nba.com/media/raptors/2005_pak_teamshot_610.jpg

West220Side
08-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Scattered thoughts:

Ryan Johnson trying to do it himself without any support multiple times. Don't know why a lot of people are being so negative about him.
Andrew Wiedeman hardly seems to be bench worthly, and definitely not the best finisher i've ever seen in the modern game.
Eric Hassli and Aurelin Collin battle was fierce this afternoon, I enjoyed Hassli yelling at Wiedeman more then anything.
Defensively very strong it seemed but with the rest of the team the midfield especially lacked quality all together.
Perhaps with half our midfield playing so far back it was impossible to get the ball forward.
Initially thought playing Johnson wide with Silva at striker would be a more deadly and skilled combination.
"Field Marshall" Frings looks like a private at best the last two games. Somebody posted that Frings doesn't look class anymore as much as he does look just old. I agree.
O'dea looked strong, organized the back line, looked very vocal, his one blunder nearly causing an own goal seemed almost necessaries as he needed to clear the ball. Who's this Darren O'dear you all tell me about?
Very glad that Bunbury didn't score.
A bit... scared? I think thats the word for it that our next home game is against Santos Laguna.
The scary moment of the game: Just as we conceded a goal Mariner had Aaron Maund warming up and ready to come in. What does he see in this guy?

Whoop
08-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Wow that was bad. Not even the loss, but that was a painful match to watch.

TFC has only won one match this season without Koevermans in the lineup.

Auzzy
08-18-2012, 08:45 PM
Agreed, that was a big stinking pile of turd all around.

BTW, MLS stats at http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2012-08-18-tor-v-skc/stats don't even show a yellow for Amerikwa...???

Benficachop20
08-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Wiedeman wouldn't be given a second look for any other team in the league but yet he's a starter here. That's how bad we are, and the fact that it took Mariner 85 minutes to take off the worst player on the field is worrying. Makubuya did more in his 10 minutes on wednesday than Wiedeman has ever done but of course Maku was nowhere seen on the bench. Also the fact that he was playing lw made it more annoying, we got rid of Plata and Soolsma and replaced them with Wiedeman ffs. Morgan as a rb? U just took away our best crosser on the team by doing this, why not Emory in the middle and put Ecks in his natural position at rb? guess that would make to much sense though. Maund was about to come on, another player no other team would give a second look to. We can only get worse under Mariner, especially if he continues to get rid of the few good players we have and continue to bring in garbage.

asterix606
08-18-2012, 08:58 PM
If one picture could summarize TFC's Season 1 to Season 6.

It would be this! Thank you MLSE.

http://chowderheadbazoo.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/23/crap.jpg

Whoop
08-18-2012, 09:05 PM
67% pass completion for TFC. They ever crack 80%?

starter
08-18-2012, 09:19 PM
This was really hard to watch.

Whoop
08-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Andrew Wiedeman -

" He's one of the best finishers I've seen in the modern era.", Paul Mariner

azorean19
08-18-2012, 09:45 PM
This was really hard to watch.

embarassing!!!!...The powers that be better start to wake-up, some very worrying signs, from attendance to player performance, it is all ugly....something has to give. Even worse when you look at 1st year Montreal beating best team in league and on a roll....I love the club, but starting to worry, things have to change before all the support is gone....heck, even these boards, there is so much less traffic than before, apathy is the worst ! TFC better wake up !

azorean19
08-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Andrew Wiedeman -

hahhhahahaha......can't make this shit up !

DoubleUp
08-18-2012, 09:56 PM
wiedaman is mariners sick joke.

MG42
08-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Andrew Wiedeman -

Have any media types asked Mariner about this statement?

iy12l
08-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Mariner is f'ing around with the youth academy players by giving Maund and Weedman more playing time then they should really be getting

Auzzy
08-18-2012, 10:25 PM
^ Huh? Neither of those two are youth academy players.

Maund should be a backup defender (at most); Wiedeman should be a backup striker (if that). Neither of them should be playing midfield, nor should they be playing as much as they do, so I agree with that part.

prizby
08-18-2012, 10:41 PM
^ sad thing is that despite finishing low, we traded away one of the only benefits of finishing low with no 1st Round Pick in 2010 & 2011. No top picks for us those years, no free access to Generation Adidas players.

But on the plus side we parlayed the 2010 1st round pick for Adrian Serioux, whom I liked but only managed 26 games in Red. Dallas used our pick on Zach Lloyd, a defender with regular starts and 3 caps for the USMNT who still plays for Dallas. And following that good move up, we shipped the 2011 pick for Nathan Sturgis with players like Saprong and Will Bruin available at the time we would have drafted.

Aces.

we also shipped out our 2008 first round pick...brek shea

prizby
08-18-2012, 10:42 PM
67% pass completion for TFC. They ever crack 80%?

pass completion % on average has dropped about 10% since Mariner took over...this was a % points higher than normal

123 elite
08-18-2012, 11:15 PM
ithink i reached breaking point today. I just cant justify not just spending the money, but taking the time out of my day to watch that. I love watching football. Me and my buddy have been there since game 1 year 1, and are collectively in the first 5 to have bought season tickets ever. WE have gone from 3 years in 123 to a year 122 to North end. He has used 4 tickets this year . I missed only 3 this season. Todays performance makes me long for cleaning the basement shower with a toothbrush on a saturday. Utterly useless performance. Utterly useless tactics. Utterly useless signings. its a fucking shitshow that seems to have no end. I cant take it much longer

supersaint
08-18-2012, 11:34 PM
me too, between the cost of parking, the time and effort to get to BMO, only to sit and watch this unwatchable football, I am really angry at MLSE, they had an opportunity here to grow the game and fan base in Toronto and they have destroyed it. Only hardcores are left, and even they are jumping ship. We should have been one of the premier franchises in the league, not the friggin joke of the league. AAAAAGGGGHHH
ithink i reached breaking point today. I just cant justify not just spending the money, but taking the time out of my day to watch that. I love watching football. Me and my buddy have been there since game 1 year 1, and are collectively in the first 5 to have bought season tickets ever. WE have gone from 3 years in 123 to a year 122 to North end. He has used 4 tickets this year . I missed only 3 this season. Todays performance makes me long for cleaning the basement shower with a toothbrush on a saturday. Utterly useless performance. Utterly useless tactics. Utterly useless signings. its a fucking shitshow that seems to have no end. I cant take it much longer

123 elite
08-18-2012, 11:41 PM
I dont even consider myself hardcore. I live 10 minutes from BMO. Some people travel from the US for this. I was brought up watching Morton ffs. I'm used to shite football. That was an entirely new level today.

Rene Kingsriver
08-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Well this game did nothing to convince me against my intention not to renew. I think I'm giving away all the rest of my tickets (not that they'll get used) for this year except for Montreal.

khso11
08-18-2012, 11:48 PM
WTF is Mariner thinking putting Morgan at RB, and Emory at CB. Wouldn't be better putting Eck at RB (which is think he plays 2X better then CB), and wtih Emory and O'dea CB and Morgan LB. He just messed up the defensive line with his next level thinking, he's just making Eck look bad at CB.

Frings haven't been playing good recently (pass 2 games), probably due to lack of support playing with Maund last game, unlike Dunfield cleaning up everthing. But he can still be valuable most of the time.

O'dea was brilliant i think (but i wouldn't put a rating on him until a few more games), this guy is putting tight pressure and tough/clean challenges before the attacker could even get a touch on to the ball, we need these kind of defenders, know where they're standing, and good positionings.

Overall it wasn't a good game, but honestly i guess we are already expected this result before the game started, the worst team in the group vs the best team in the group.

SKC's defence is all about tough challenges and cheap tactics that tricks the referee. Collins is important to their team, he's annoying but a smart defender, i wouldn't mind having a defender like him at TFC.

Who the hell is the ref, this guy is headless, this guy make calls according to the voice of the players. I have to remember his name just like how i remembered a shit ref called Toledo!!!!!

reggie
08-18-2012, 11:48 PM
im with you...ive had enough.
i gave my tickets away today,and i think ive lost there friendship forever.
this team is by far the worst team we have ever had,i rather have MO then this clown that runs up and down the sidelines like he's on crack,the fact that he played 3 players out of postion is a joke..im done.

khso11
08-18-2012, 11:49 PM
ohhhh and btw i would take all the tickets from the ppl that gave up for the rest of the season!!! thanks.

Let see how many people is actually serious.......

Joe Kool
08-18-2012, 11:50 PM
Travelled by GO train to the game today and the GO train guy on the mic said "next stop Exhibition" then he paused then came back on and said "oh by the way for those attending the TFC game today our deepest sympathies to you for their inevitable loss which you will see today". Sadly he was right. Definitely tough to keep going down to see this kind of thing.

khso11
08-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Travelled by GO train to the game today and the GO train guy on the mic said "next stop Exhibition" then he paused then came back on and said "oh by the way for those attending the TFC game today our deepest sympathies to you for their inevitable loss which you will see today". Sadly he was right. Definitely tough to keep going down to see this kind of thing.

lolololol

123 elite
08-19-2012, 12:04 AM
ohhhh and btw i would take all the tickets from the ppl that gave up for the rest of the season!!! thanks.

I've deliberatly not given away tickets to watch them this season. I couldnt put anyone through that.

The only plus i could see is that the tactics were so inept leading to so much pressure on the backline that they are actually getting the best eperience they could ever hope for as they are so busy. I think its the same theory that England used for Gordon banks. I think he played for Leicester so he got far more time at work than the Arsenal or man city keepers of the day. Maybe the experience will work for them in the future. The problem is and has been for years.... no midfield. Frings is playing terrible. The rest ? I'm not even sure who exactly the midfield are anymore.Not that it matters much when Kovic just boots teh ball up oin teh general direction of Hassli. The worst monets for me were when Johnson ended up down the opposite corner in U sector land and was fighting to keep the ball and no-one came to give him an option. repeated again by Hassli in teh middle of teh park when he kept beating people with fancy footwork yet no-one moved for him. Its not a team. Its just a collection of poor unmotivated players

reggie
08-19-2012, 12:05 AM

i will give you a pair..no probs with that.

khso11
08-19-2012, 12:13 AM
i will give you a pair..no probs with that.

haha, i was just joking, but i wouldn't mind lol. thanks btw

Benficachop20
08-19-2012, 01:18 AM
Compare some stats to other teams today

Total Passes/Passing Accuracy
410 80% seattle
328 76% shitecaps

280 67% TFC
382 74% KC

419 87% Limpact
490 87% SJ

399 78% Chicago
548 82% NE

382 77% Rapids
335 77% Chivas

We are making by far fewer passes (and it's just not this match, its every match) and we can't even complete most of them.

MG42
08-19-2012, 06:51 AM
I am convinced there is no reason to believe that this franchise will ever be succcessful.

OgtheDim
08-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Moan moan moan.....geez at least this team gives you lot that.

You want to see awful football, watch Blue Square Northern Conference.

Great football? Of course not.

Issues all over? Of course.

Anselmi out? Hell yeah...

But this perpetual "I give up" fest that this board is now..................we should install barn doors and charge a buck a piece......could raise a mint for charity.

v00d00daddy
08-19-2012, 08:19 AM
It scares me that we had almost no chances in this game. The "chances" we did have were very minor and KC had a couple breakaways on us. LOL

Our tactics suck. Plain and simple.

Mariner (in his post game press conference) is now whining that, while he wants his team passing and keeping possession more, they can't because they don't have time to train that way due to the crazy schedule. What a crock of shit.

He inherited a team that, if nothing else, was trying to pass the ball and keep possession as one of their first orders of business. We're not passing the ball enough and keeping possession enough because that's the only way Mariner can see us defending well enough to get "results" . It's solely his fault that we're not in these games and that teams our coming into our stadium and dictating the play game after game.

People complaining about Frings.....look at it this way. If you went from being an integral part of the midfield to a player that only sees the ball when you track back and win the ball yourself...and are left to watch balls from your defenders being played over your head to strikers that put their heads down and plow towards goal as the first means of attack....how into the game would you be?

The way Mariner has them playing....Frings may as well be another Dunfield. He's useless out there until its a dead ball situation and he's asked to play a ball into the box.

Go to the opta stats page for last nights game

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2012-08-18-tor-v-skc/chalkboard

And take a look at the back fours passing and look at how many times the "pass" is called a launch.

It's embarrassing.

Kocic completed 22 successful passes last night (almost all launches) and our only defender who successfully completed more was Eckersley with 23. LOL (KC's lowest defender completed 25 passes)

Dunfield was our busiest and most accurate passer last night. LOL

Silva made 13 successful passes. LOL

It's comical. It really is. I'm not usually a stats guy but wow....that's just terrible.

Toronto_Bhoy
08-19-2012, 08:26 AM
I had the choice between TFC and a BBQ yesterday. After watching the game on Wednesday, I chose the Q.

I didn't even PVR the game…I don't care anymore.

The worst thing about this team right now is apathy that is enveloping this entire shit show.

I just don't care anymore, the European season is starting in the nick of time.

I will not be back next season.

asterix606
08-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Compare some stats to other teams today

Total Passes/Passing Accuracy
410 80% seattle
328 76% shitecaps

280 67% TFC
382 74% KC

419 87% Limpact
490 87% SJ

399 78% Chicago
548 82% NE

382 77% Rapids
335 77% Chivas

We are making by far fewer passes (and it's just not this match, its every match) and we can't even complete most of them.

WOW! Intersting stats! Brutal in so many ways!

Im also worried that nothing will change for TFC since MLSE does not see hardcore/passionate/informed fans as their future.

Their marketing plans and hope for the future seems to rest on soccer moms, their kids and people who do not know much about the game.

Part of their future is already there. People clapping their hands like trained seals after losing a game!

Furtado91
08-19-2012, 08:43 AM

But this perpetual "I give up" fest that this board is now..................we should install barn doors and charge a buck a piece......could raise a mint for charity.

What i think people are "moaning" about is how the prices of season tickets do not reflect the quality of the team........ In your Blue square Nothern conference how much are season tickets? I just read a thread on ticket prices for teams in europe, and the teams mentioned that are in 1st, 2nd or even 3rd division have some good prices for supporter groups. Im sure their quality is on par or even better than ours, yet everyone here is paying a premium for shit.

Heres something to think about:

New season seat holders, lets say I wanted to to be in 112 in the first 10 rows. the price is 399CAD that includes taxes and such.
If you convert that to euros, thats 327euros for season tickets to toronto fc.

Season tickets for Feyenoord Rotterdam, seats in the same general area cost 268 euros or 327CAD. This includes 17 home matches, first cup match, opening match, first European match.

You pay less and you see a team that is in the Eredivisie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eredivisie).... Also this team is one of the big teams in the 1st division.

So I mean, you pay less to see a really good team. If i was a season ticket holder for 6 years and dealt with the quality that is Tfc, I think they have a right to complain and moan about it. have you had season tickets for 6 years? if so your one of the few people who seem to be glad to hand over money and not ask questions, or you buy it to write it off your tax return if you buy it as part of a business.

Brooker
08-19-2012, 08:50 AM

x1111111111111111111111111

123 elite
08-19-2012, 08:51 AM

After 5 years at 123 122 prices you do the math. Cant even get a sniff of the playoffs. After 5 years i get to watch Kocic 60 yard goal kicks straight to their keeper all game. Right lets not moan because its not reached the depth of the northern premier league. How low do you want to set the bar? How the fuck can backwaters like Kansas and salt lake city put a team together and one of the biggest sporting organisations on the planet can serve that shitshow up year after year. The EX is the perfect place for BMO field. They should have advertised it as a horror freak show yesterday.

Brooker
08-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Why on earth are you paying 123 prices?

123 elite
08-19-2012, 09:06 AM
Why on earth are you paying 123 prices?

I like the view from the middle. Not anymore. Moved first to 122 and now north end. Running out of places to move to for the prices to more acurately reflect the product. Pretty much south end is all thats left. I dont see the point. You'll be able to buy walk ups for anything next year and probably anywhere. And then bail when they end up bottom after 6 games

TFC Tifoso
08-19-2012, 09:20 AM
People complaining about Frings.....look at it this way. If you went from being an integral part of the midfield to a player that only sees the ball when you track back and win the ball yourself...and are left to watch balls from your defenders being played over your head to strikers that put their heads down and plow towards goal as the first means of attack....how into the game would you be?

The way Mariner has them playing....Frings may as well be another Dunfield. He's useless out there until its a dead ball situation and he's asked to play a ball into the box.

so much truth here that its painful.........

Yohan
08-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Mariner should put Frings at CB. At least this way, Frings would get more touches on the ball! lol

leafsman
08-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Mariner should put Frings at CB. At least this way, Frings would get more touches on the ball! lol

he may as well, has almost everyone else in the wrong position, why not make it the whole team now.

London
08-19-2012, 09:54 AM
how in the hell were 2 KC fans allowed to be in the front row of 111, that is just wrong

Furtado91
08-19-2012, 10:14 AM
how in the hell were 2 KC fans allowed to be in the front row of 111, that is just wrong

thats what everyone was talking about yesterday. I kept shouting random crap at them. Really irked me the wrong way. also ML$E should really get on that wasp problem on our capo stand. FUCKING DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOU FUCKS.

Fort York Redcoat
08-19-2012, 10:34 AM

thats what everyone was talking about yesterday. I kept shouting random crap at them. Really irked me the wrong way. also ML$E should really get on that wasp problem on our capo stand. FUCKING DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOU FUCKS.

This is the how it was guys:

Those girls? They BOUGHT those tickets. Just walked up and bought them. This is how it is when ticket sales don't ask who your at the game for.

Everything else had an answer for it as well. I suggest talking to the girls to get the story next time.

And Furty, the bees? Really? So email them or text them the day of.

So much anger.

Fort York Redcoat
08-19-2012, 10:45 AM
People clapping their hands like trained seals after losing a game!

Who is clapping after a loss? Where are they in the stadium?

TFC07
08-19-2012, 10:49 AM
#marnierdidn'tgetshitdone and #firemarinerandco

Mariner is making this team worse! I wish Winter was still managing this team instead of Mariner now. Mariner and his boy toy Earl C both need to be remove ASAP while Tommy Boy can fuck off to some other MLSE job.

London
08-19-2012, 10:51 AM
^^^ i dont need to ask the girls, they should not have been there end of story. If it were my decision they would have been forcfully moved to 104, if they were guys i have a feeling they would not have been allowed to sit in 111 front row.

asterix606
08-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Who is clapping after a loss? Where are they in the stadium?

Im in section 223, right on the half line. Pretty much everyone was clapping after the game. My guest and I could not believe it.

It was July 28th, 0-2 vs Houston. Brutal game.

Furtado91
08-19-2012, 11:09 AM
This is the how it was guys:

Those girls? They BOUGHT those tickets. Just walked up and bought them. This is how it is when ticket sales don't ask who your at the game for.

Everything else had an answer for it as well. I suggest talking to the girls to get the story next time.

And Furty, the bees? Really? So email them or text them the day of.

So much anger.

The bees I wasnt too big on. the anger, wasnt serious. Though I can imagine, how it would be hard to tell i should have put a LOL at the end of the sentence. Sorry boss.

ag futbol
08-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Mariner (in his post game press conference) is now whining that, while he wants his team passing and keeping possession more, they can't because they don't have time to train that way due to the crazy schedule. What a crock of shit.

He inherited a team that, if nothing else, was trying to pass the ball and keep possession as one of their first orders of business. We're not passing the ball enough and keeping possession enough because that's the only way Mariner can see us defending well enough to get "results" . It's solely his fault that we're not in these games and that teams our coming into our stadium and dictating the play game after game.

Extremely troubling. Sometimes the best defense is not having to defend...

Said it before, I'll say it again now. It's one thing to switch your system in the short term to eek out a few results, but it's another thing entirely to sustain that over the long run. Now that teams have tape on what TFC is trying to do under Mariner, they are doing their best to take us out of our tendencies and forcing us into areas of our game that are less effective. Coach says hoof it under pressure, they pressure, we hoof, ball goes up to our lone target man who is facing down one of the more physically imposing defenders in MLS. They force us into a low percentage game that also plays into their strength.

To compound the stupidity of it, for anyone who's watched Hassli enough, it's plainly obvious he prefers the ball at his feet and isn't really into battling for the aerial balls. We were actually creating some chances when he was pulling off the backline and forcing their guys to chase him around a bit. In some ways, he really is not your prototypical target man... hope we realized that before we picked him up.

narduch
08-19-2012, 11:23 AM

I can't wait to get my season ticket renewal notice (I'm assuming in about a month). I'm really interested to see how they try to sell us this shit.

Last year they sent us that bull shit little P.R. booklet around renewal time. Maybe they can resend us that but change it using Mariners tactics and style.

Boy that 3 year extension Mariner received earlier in the season is looking real good today.

London
08-19-2012, 11:30 AM
^^^ remember that book they sent out with the vision of the club???

the thing we didn't realize is the blank pages were a blueprint on how the club would be run in the future

narduch
08-19-2012, 11:33 AM
^^^ remember that book they sent out with the vision of the club???

the thing we didn't realize is the blank pages were a blueprint on how the club would be run in the future

Oh I remember it well. What a crock of shit.

We wore sold a marketing plan, not a team. Just like with the Academy.

tfc2008
08-19-2012, 11:48 AM
First year. Full house. Playoffs spot.

Come on Montreal muche nicer to watch, they have players who understand soccer a office who know a lots of soccer and supporters who stay 300% behind the team.
Close the books Tfc and watch real soccer

jazzy
08-19-2012, 11:51 AM
What i think people are "moaning" about is how the prices of season tickets do not reflect the quality of the team........ In your Blue square Nothern conference how much are season tickets? I just read a thread on ticket prices for teams in europe, and the teams mentioned that are in 1st, 2nd or even 3rd division have some good prices for supporter groups. Im sure their quality is on par or even better than ours, yet everyone here is paying a premium for shit.

Heres something to think about:

New season seat holders, lets say I wanted to to be in 112 in the first 10 rows. the price is 399CAD that includes taxes and such.
If you convert that to euros, thats 327euros for season tickets to toronto fc.

Season tickets for Feyenoord Rotterdam, seats in the same general area cost 268 euros or 327CAD. This includes 17 home matches, first cup match, opening match, first European match.

You pay less and you see a team that is in the Eredivisie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eredivisie).... Also this team is one of the big teams in the 1st division.

So I mean, you pay less to see a really good team. If i was a season ticket holder for 6 years and dealt with the quality that is Tfc, I think they have a right to complain and moan about it. have you had season tickets for 6 years? if so your one of the few people who seem to be glad to hand over money and not ask questions, or you buy it to write it off your tax return if you buy it as part of a business.

^^^absolutely correct!..half of the people in these discussions don't even attend the games..therefore have nothing to lose and aren't really contributing anything as well!.(kudos to them now of course,..they are much smarter than me),..but my complaints come from a PAYING customer who is starting to feel like a complete joker for endlessly supporting this shit show!..I have a right to be pissed...it costs me for this 'sport'/entertainment?.......for which the excitement level/hope whatever you call it is at it's bottom. The Fo is forcing me a perpetual fan, to decide how long to I keep buying tickets......inflated as they are,..at that. Yesterdays game, was even with a win (to all those who are happy with a win at any cost,..haha)...TERRIBLE!..For the first time ever at the 35min mark I was wondering where else I could be AND for the first time in games I was drinking!! (brought to my senses)!...maybe the FO hopes to make money selling booze to drown our sorrows !......After a night of cooling of and watching an amazing Dallas/RSL game I realize good football is played in this league ......JUST not by us!!.....For all you Mariner lovers bite on this. I thought yes, we needed a new coach for motivational reasons but I would take Winter now, any day over the Absolutely lost, Mariner/FO we have now with NO future, this year and AGAIN next. What do we watch? They kill our attempts at culture here , no tradition ,..no soccer family being established btwn all of us ,and the pigheaded owners...and NO respect for any of us simple fans!!.....That game yesterday was horrid . Every fan leaving the stadium rich/poor,...new/old where scratching their heads, bemoaning the fact of the games boredom. It's close to over!.....and I'm pissed!...........I want a team here !!!! Every game I watched worldwide yesterday and today was fun except our shitshow! If I ever stop buying tickets I'll never be back!.( and I won't announce it)...and why are they forcing me to give up such a huge passion in my life!!......whats to comment on the game???? our disgusting bench? our non-use of prospects,..our misalignment of players we have,..our playing down to an antiquated formation that still we can't even manipulate.....our pick-ups are horrible,...get scored on late in the game with horrible set piece performance. So anyone tell me?....next year with these fools at the helm.....I see success in 3 years....BTW who in their right mind would want to come here???
other than that much love and respect............thank god the rest of the soccer world leagues have started up!

Fort York Redcoat
08-19-2012, 11:51 AM
First year. Full house. Playoffs spot.

Come on Montreal muche nicer to watch, they have players who understand soccer a office who know a lots of soccer and supporters who stay 300% behind the team.
Close the books Tfc and watch real soccer

Haha there's a thread if you want to change your board name...

Furtado91
08-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Also I have to say the Banners were funny last night. that one with the Teal quote was the most polite way of saying traitor ahahaha. I think Prizby did that one?!??

Also I have to ask a question, and this is something i've thought about since last night. besides the product on the pitch what can we do to make our section fun again? I hate mentioning Europe becuase their view on the sport may be a little different than ours, but if they arent happy with a team, a Banner will go up and express it or they have their ways of protesting. Maybe we can get banners or tifos made again? I love this Group to death as I've met some really awesome people, and i feel part of a group. People have helped me out and have im sure pulled strings for me before.

Regardless of the product on the pitch how can we make the remainder of the season fun? You all gave ML$E your money so theres no turning back. after this season you can choose not to renew but if you hate the prices, make a banner or tifo or 2 stick sort of a last hoo rah. want GA in the supporters? Make a 2 stick. This could bring people and create new friendships from within the group. Your message could also be you lost me as a customer. Im sure if cameras noticed that MLSE would maybe start to take notice. it definitely wouldnt hurt to try since the season is a write off.

Im not trying to sound like some overly optimistic person, My view is we should make the last moments of the season fun for us somehow or engaging.

Oldtimer
08-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Was out of town, no tv or internet either. Just watched the game in 6. Looks like I didn't miss anything. TFC looked terrible, even in the highlights.

I will be surprised if Bogers doesn't clean house and Mariner is gone after this season. I wll also be surprised if there is more than 14-16k attendance next year.

jazzy
08-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Also I have to say the Banners were funny last night. that one with the Teal quote was the most polite way of saying traitor ahahaha. I think Prizby did that one?!??

Also I have to ask a question, and this is something i've thought about since last night. besides the product on the pitch what can we do to make our section fun again? I hate mentioning Europe becuase their view on the sport may be a little different than ours, but if they arent happy with a team, a Banner will go up and express it or they have their ways of protesting. Maybe we can get banners or tifos made again? I love this Group to death as I've met some really awesome people, and i feel part of a group. People have helped me out and have im sure pulled strings for me before.

Regardless of the product on the pitch how can we make the remainder of the season fun? You all gave ML$E your money so theres no turning back. after this season you can choose not to renew but if you hate the prices, make a banner or tifo or 2 stick sort of a last hoo rah. want GA in the supporters? Make a 2 stick. This could bring people and create new friendships from within the group. Your message could also be you lost me as a customer. Im sure if cameras noticed that MLSE would maybe start to take notice. it definitely wouldnt hurt to try since the season is a write off.

Im not trying to sound like some overly optimistic person, My view is we should make the last moments of the season fun for us somehow or engaging.

youth always refreshingly optimistic,...good for you,.....keep it up..........keeping it fun is a great suggestion as long as the FO doesn't think oh well ,..see noone cares about the product we can just continue on.........but I do encourage your attitude even if I feel disgusted with the classless FO office right now! BUT it is all about me now....I've bled too much for this team.....they have to make an effort...it is not a one way street!

jazzy
08-19-2012, 12:29 PM

lol....the game was so bad I didn't even notice them...I guess MLSE had so much fun with the fights at Portlands game they've come up with a new distraction from the on field team!

jazzy
08-19-2012, 12:38 PM
I know now who the KC fans were now, 2 girls...well they weren't very annoying really,...I remember guys yelling down at them,..thought it was about a date. lol but like the El Salvador game with ElSal fans all around me in 111 it is just another example of a non-soccer culture reigning supreme in our FO....it could lead to trouble one day.

v00d00daddy
08-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Was out of town, no tv or internet either. Just watched the game in 6. Looks like I didn't miss anything. TFC looked terrible, even in the highlights.

I will be surprised if Bogers doesn't clean house and Mariner is gone after this season. I wll also be surprised if there is more than 14-16k attendance next year.

Watch the MLS site full highlights as opposed to the TFC game in 6. The game in 6 looks like a propaganda video compared to the MLS one. It's so biased I'm thinking it may have been edited by Kurt Larson. LOL

Pookie
08-19-2012, 03:22 PM

I'm a little confused. Most folks that are saying that they give up are saying they are out with respect to season tickets.

If you are suggesting that folks should renew, I'd really be curious as to your reasons as to why I should part with my hard earned money. I'm not one who cares about results as a reason behind tickets. Winning or losing should never be correlated to the cost of season tickets. I'm asking why I should pay nearly $450 more per year for a pair of North End seats relative to the average MLS side when it is extremely clear that my money is not going into the team and only into the pockets of the owners.

Fort York Redcoat
08-19-2012, 03:26 PM
^^^ i dont need to ask the girls, they should not have been there end of story. If it were my decision they would have been forcfully moved to 104, if they were guys i have a feeling they would not have been allowed to sit in 111 front row.

They cheered twice all game. If they were guys they probably would have yelled back and got security their way. Once these girls understood their mistake they knew not to repeat it but really, i doubt they'll be back at all now.

They were plainclothses, first time at a game and thought it was like every other NA sports match where you can sit where you want and cheer for who you want with the biggest aggro being boo's in your direction.

Its on the club ticket personnel to ask plainclothes walkups why they're here. It should be a policy implemented.

Oldtimer
08-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Watch the MLS site full highlights as opposed to the TFC game in 6. The game in 6 looks like a propaganda video compared to the MLS one. It's so biased I'm thinking it may have been edited by Kurt Larson. LOL

You're right. Just took a look. Much more embarrassing.

azorean19
08-19-2012, 03:50 PM

What an embarrassment! own up to the fact you stink !!!! Getting harder and harder to support this team. Montreal, a first year team no less, is on a roll, playing their way into a play-off position, and just knocked off the best team in the league, and here we have Mariner complaining about a lack of practise time...F you, this team stinks !

azorean19
08-19-2012, 03:54 PM
we'll see what the next 2 games have in store, I'm predicting 2 losses...Colombus and Houston on the road, welcome to reality Mr. Mariner...add another 2 losses to your record.

ag futbol
08-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Speaking of bad refereeing ... NY - POR today. Ref sees a handball in the box, blows the whistle, and then the Red Bulls score right after. He waves off the call and allows the goal :facepalm:

Thomas
08-19-2012, 09:33 PM
I know that a lot people think that Silva is great, but I thought he was invisible in the game. He may have good feet, but he wasnt fighting for the ball. He may have a lot of potential, but I think that he has a lot to prove going forward.

It scares me that we had almost no chances in this game. The "chances" we did have were very minor and KC had a couple breakaways on us. LOL

Our tactics suck. Plain and simple.

Go to the opta stats page for last nights game

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2012-08-18-tor-v-skc/chalkboard

And take a look at the back fours passing and look at how many times the "pass" is called a launch.

It's embarrassing.

Kocic completed 22 successful passes last night (almost all launches) and our only defender who successfully completed more was Eckersley with 23. LOL (KC's lowest defender completed 25 passes)

Dunfield was our busiest and most accurate passer last night. LOL

Silva made 13 successful passes. LOL

It's comical. It really is. I'm not usually a stats guy but wow....that's just terrible.

lobo
08-20-2012, 10:43 AM
i have some good things to say about Saturday ...

it was a beautiful day, my daughter's U18 team won their Cup SF game at noon, traffic all the way to and in TO was a breeze, we found free parking in liberty village, hung out with some friends starting around 430pm, caught some good rays, had a nice plate of pirogi in the food bldg at around 7pm, then got high and grooved with Big Sugar at the bandshell, followed by a nice latte from Play Cafe on the way home, easy traffic again, slept like a baby

that's all i have to say about saturday

T-boy
08-20-2012, 10:53 AM
I WAS at the game, so I'll say:

The game was "fairly" even most of the way through. As usual for MLS games, it ended up fairly midfieldy, with both teams canceling each other out. Kansas were well organised, but I didn't think they were as good as their league position suggests. They certainly weren't anything spectacular. TFC were ordinary, maybe workmanlike? But never looked like winning the game. They kept most Kansas chances to a distance.

I'll have to watch the goal again, but I thought Kocic' positioning was possibly poor from the free kick. He had the right side of the goal covered with the wall, so why was he so far over to the right? If he was more in the middle of the goal, he should have been able to stop the shot going to his left. If somebody else saw from a different angle, you might be able to suggest either way? I love Kocic as a shot stopper, but a veteran goally might have organised the wall and his position a bit better than that. It's hard to criticise a guy who's kept us in so many games though.

I like O'Dea.

But, I didn't really like Hassli overall! He's clearly got ball skills - but his workrate isn't anywhere close to Koev's. The idea of Mariner's system is to put pressure from the top of the field - and Hassli wasn't doing that much at all. The Kanses defenders had way too much time on the ball, and could do whatever they wanted with it. Hassli wasn't pressing anywhere near enough. Come to that, neither was Silva. If TFC want to defend from the top of the field, those two have got to stop letting defenders pass the ball freely in yards and yards of space.

lobo
08-20-2012, 11:01 AM
yeah, i WAS at the game too ... a forgettable affair

Pookie
08-20-2012, 11:03 AM
But, I didn't really like Hassli overall! He's clearly got ball skills - but his workrate isn't anywhere close to Koev's. The idea of Mariner's system is to put pressure from the top of the field - and Hassli wasn't doing that much at all. The Kanses defenders had way too much time on the ball, and could do whatever they wanted with it. Hassli wasn't pressing anywhere near enough. Come to that, neither was Silva. If TFC want to defend from the top of the field, those two have got to stop letting defenders pass the ball freely in yards and yards of space.

If that is really true and Mariner wants to put pressure from the top of the field (and I don't believe it)... then he clearly wasn't reading any scouting reports or press clippings on Hassli.

For example:

"But Rennie’s 4-3-3 system, which, defensively, looks more like 4-5-1, demands plenty of running up top, and Hassli covers far less ground than Sebastien Le Toux or Mattocks. That’s part of the reason why Hassli’s seen so few starts"

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Whitecaps+Eric+Hassli+lack+action+fuels+trade+talk/6879416/story.html#ixzz246RGKBiu

Canary10
08-20-2012, 11:06 AM
I WAS at the game, so I'll say:

The game was "fairly" even most of the way through. As usual for MLS games, it ended up fairly midfieldy, with both teams canceling each other out. Kansas were well organised, but I didn't think they were as good as their league position suggests. They certainly weren't anything spectacular. TFC were ordinary, maybe workmanlike? But never looked like winning the game. They kept most Kansas chances to a distance.

I'll have to watch the goal again, but I thought Kocic' positioning was possibly poor from the free kick. He had the right side of the goal covered with the wall, so why was he so far over to the right? If he was more in the middle of the goal, he should have been able to stop the shot going to his left. If somebody else saw from a different angle, you might be able to suggest either way? I love Kocic as a shot stopper, but a veteran goally might have organised the wall and his position a bit better than that. It's hard to criticise a guy who's kept us in so many games though.

I like O'Dea.

Damn T-Boy. I was at the game on Saturday with about 14 friends as part of my bachelor party. I was thoroughly bored, as was everyone else in my group. We eventually started talking amongst ourselves and basically stopped watching the game. One of my friends had been to a Man City game recently, and realized his ticket for that match cost about 2/3 of our TFC ticket to watch the most boring football imaginable. It was a dour effort that seemed to be matched by the crowd. I left fully depressed. I was hoping you'd have one of your trademark glass half full posts today that might get me somewhat more excited about the future of our team. But if that's the best you can do, I'm not sure we have much hope.

T-boy
08-20-2012, 11:12 AM
If that is really true and Mariner wants to put pressure from the top of the field (and I don't believe it)... then he clearly wasn't reading any scouting reports or press clippings on Hassli.

For example:

"But Rennie’s 4-3-3 system, which, defensively, looks more like 4-5-1, demands plenty of running up top, and Hassli covers far less ground than Sebastien Le Toux or Mattocks. That’s part of the reason why Hassli’s seen so few starts"

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Whitecaps+Eric+Hassli+lack+action+fuels+trade+talk/6879416/story.html#ixzz246RGKBiu

By Mariner's response to Hassli's lack of effort - he clearly DID want him to press much more. He kept waving at the guy constrantly to close down the CB's just passing the ball in front of his nose. There was one point where he did, and then sprinted after the goally for a clearance (remember that? as it stood out from the rest of Hassli's effort). But that was literally the only time he did it.

Damn T-Boy. I was at the game on Saturday with about 14 friends as part of my bachelor party. I was thoroughly bored, as was everyone else in my group. We eventually started talking amongst ourselves and basically stopped watching the game. One of my friends had been to a Man City game recently, and realized his ticket for that match cost about 2/3 of our TFC ticket to watch the most boring football imaginable. It was a dour effort that seemed to be matched by the crowd. I left fully depressed. I was hoping you'd have one of your trademark glass half full posts today that might get me somewhat more excited about the future of our team. But if that's the best you can do, I'm not sure we have much hope.

Honestly - that WAS me being "glass half full"! I honestly don't have anything good or productive to say about that game. It was as boring as you describe! Neither team excited me at all. Kansas didn't look overly special. It was a very blah game. The goal wasn't even very special, and IMO should have been stopped by better organisation and position by Kocic.

I don't have anything optimistic to say, sadly! :o

Pookie
08-20-2012, 11:16 AM
^ Just saying that if you wanted high pressure, you wouldn't have "loaned out" Joao Plata. Hassli wasn't suited to a total football type pressuring system. He simply isn't that type of player.

What are the odds that Hassli, a player with a bit of an "emotional" history (ie. "when he puts his mind to it, he is great") wants to return for next season?

T-boy
08-20-2012, 11:18 AM
I can't see Hassli staying next season, to be honest. I would be very surprised if he was here next season personally.

Pookie
08-20-2012, 11:24 AM
t-boy, there are a few positives to take from where we are.

The backline is young and can grow together. O'Dea - Eckersley - Morgan. I'm not going to fall all over O'Dea after one game but I like the way that he talks and takes responsibility for the way that his teammates play.

Another positive, if you are Kocic, you are getting plenty of time to develop. He is 4th in terms of total saves made and here's something we are number 1 at... most number of shots allowed. Any aspiring GK's should be knocking on our door. That amount of development time is priceless.

I do actually think that we are threatening off set pieces. We miss Koevermans' conversion rate though (you'll see a piece soon on that @wakingthered)

Canary10
08-20-2012, 11:27 AM
By Mariner's response to Hassli's lack of effort - he clearly DID want him to press much more. He kept waving at the guy constrantly to close down the CB's just passing the ball in front of his nose. There was one point where he did, and then sprinted after the goally for a clearance (remember that? as it stood out from the rest of Hassli's effort). But that was literally the only time he did it.

Honestly - that WAS me being "glass half full"! I honestly don't have anything good or productive to say about that game. It was as boring as you describe! Neither team excited me at all. Kansas didn't look overly special. It was a very blah game. The goal wasn't even very special, and IMO should have been stopped by better organisation and position by Kocic.

I don't have anything optimistic to say, sadly! :o

Geez. You're right that KC was no better. Just an all around boring game. Mariner is bascially playing percentage football. He's trying to win free kicks in dangerous areas or corners and hope to score off them. KC is aa decent team obviously, but playing that kind of strategy at home is a bit pathetic.

Whoop
08-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Hmmm.... who was scouting Hassli before making the decision to bring him to Toronto?

If Mariner wants to pressure up top, he made a bad choice in going after Hassli.

But he has an eye for talent I guess.

Canary10
08-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Hassli is very good with the ball at his feet. Especially for a big man. But he's not going to get much to his feet with the players behind, especially this midfield which looks like a train wreck. And he's got no one to win those long balls and knock them down to him.

DangerRed
08-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Another positive, if you are Kocic, you are getting plenty of time to develop. He is 4th in terms of total saves made and here's something we are number 1 at... most number of shots allowed. Any aspiring GK's should be knocking on our door. That amount of development time is priceless.

This has got to be the END, the actual terminus of all conversations about this team. There is nothing left to say after this, after the point has been reached where A) allowing the most shots can be spun into a positive quality that provides development time and even if that UNBELIEVABLE statement is true, where someone can say with a straight face that B) "aspiring GK's ... knocking on our door" is something in any way, shape or form related to addressing the dire plight faced by this team.

That's it for me, I've been stunned into silence from here on out. Thank you and good night.

starter
08-20-2012, 11:54 AM
t-boy, there are a few positives to take from where we are.

The backline is young and can grow together. O'Dea - Eckersley - Morgan. I'm not going to fall all over O'Dea after one game but I like the way that he talks and takes responsibility for the way that his teammates play.

I do actually think that we are threatening off set pieces. We miss Koevermans' conversion rate though (you'll see a piece soon on that @wakingthered)

What else this team can manage other then kicking a ball into an opposition box from ANY free kick? Under Mariner, TFC abandoned searching for ways to build and penetrate otherwise. It is too tiring, and takes away from sitting back, and inviting more pressure.

If there was no offsides we could have kept Koovermans/Hassli in the opposition box for whole 90 min, and Kocic would be serving them. Would not this be entertaining? We are getting close.

T-boy
08-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Geez. You're right that KC was no better. Just an all around boring game. Mariner is bascially playing percentage football. He's trying to win free kicks in dangerous areas or corners and hope to score off them. KC is aa decent team obviously, but playing that kind of strategy at home is a bit pathetic.

This game like a lot of other MLS games - I don't see TOO much difference between the teams. Really, there is not a lot of difference between the top teams and the bottom through the MLS. So, Mariner is probably correct when he said we are "2 or 3 players off being a decent team". Really, all it would take is one more decent CB, and maybe one more decent attacker, and TFC would win these games rather than lose by 1.

But agree, Mariner needs to get TFC attacking much more at home. I would rather lose a home game 4-5 than 0-1. I would rather go and fight and score some goals at home. For sure, you can go and close up shop away. But at home - TFC needs to entertain as much as they can. Trying to close a home game down isn't going to win any supporters over at all.

Hassli is very good with the ball at his feet. Especially for a big man. But he's not going to get much to his feet with the players behind, especially this midfield which looks like a train wreck. And he's got no one to win those long balls and knock them down to him.

For a big guy, Hassli is actually terrible in the air! He's much better with the ball at his feet. For that, I don't think Hassli and Silva will work particularly well together. They are BOTH the set-up guy, but neither are target man. Koev's and Hassli might be interesting together, but I'm not sure we will ever see that.

ag futbol
08-20-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm telling you guys... in many ways Hassli is not your prototypical big man who plays up top. He is very different from a Danny Koevermans type of player.

Didn't think Silva had a good game, but at this point I'll put that down to rookie inconsistency plus absolutely atrocious support from our midfield.

Canary10
08-20-2012, 12:25 PM
This game like a lot of other MLS games - I don't see TOO much difference between the teams. Really, there is not a lot of difference between the top teams and the bottom through the MLS. So, Mariner is probably correct when he said we are "2 or 3 players off being a decent team". Really, all it would take is one more decent CB, and maybe one more decent attacker, and TFC would win these games rather than lose by 1.

This is true. Makes it that much more frustrating that in 6 years TFC can't even by accident find those three players or so that would make us at least a mid-table team.

T-boy
08-20-2012, 12:37 PM
This is true. Makes it that much more frustrating that in 6 years TFC can't even by accident find those three players or so that would make us at least a mid-table team.

I agree with that. I was telling the guy next to me on Saturday that "next season, or the one after, TFC will just stumble into the play offs - the league is like that". It's kind of amazing that they haven't already done it, really!

At this point - with all this season lost - its almost good to play for last place and get the number one draft pick for next season! That would get us the best available young CB in the draft and sort out that position! I'm not suggesting we don't play for this season, but for the overall future, its almost better to get that top draft pick!

Fort York Redcoat
08-20-2012, 12:44 PM

Absolutely. It's been said a great winner takes a perfect storm of quality, effort and luck and we seem to be the opposite. The perfect shitstorm, if you will. It takes more than ignorance at the helm to be this poor.

Fort York Redcoat
08-20-2012, 12:49 PM
- its almost good to play for last place and get the number one draft pick for next season!

This attitude =

31g0YE61PLQ

This is the bane of our sport here.

v00d00daddy
08-20-2012, 12:57 PM
At this point - with all this season lost - its almost good to play for last place and get the number one draft pick for next season! That would get us the best available young CB in the draft and sort out that position! I'm not suggesting we don't play for this season, but for the overall future, its almost better to get that top draft pick!

I agree that the season is lost.

I just don't agree with tanking now. Mariner was promoted to get immediate results. If he doesn't, he should hang on that.

He'd better get some wins and quick because that's his job.

Unless its true that he received a 3 year extension back in may. In which case he can do whatever he pleases.

Oh how fun the town halls will be this year.

Lol

T-boy
08-20-2012, 01:00 PM
I agree that the season is lost.

I just don't agree with tanking now. Mariner was promoted to get immediate results. If he doesn't, he should hang on that.

He'd better get some wins and quick because that's his job.

Unless its true that he received a 3 year extension back in may. In which case he can do whatever he pleases.

Oh how fun the town halls will be this year.

Lol

Oh, I agree, of course.

But what we NEED it another decent CB. The "cheapest" overall way of getting it would be to get a GA centre back in the draft next year. The higher we go up the table now, the less chance of have of getting one. With there being no expansion team in the draft, you can get a very good player in picks 1,2 and 3, I would say. (which is realistically what we will get, anyways, even with a vast improvement in form).

London
08-20-2012, 01:17 PM

got a response from building services

We thank you for your feedback and apologize for any displeasure that you experienced due to the wasps on Saturday. Our Building Operations team was notified of the wasps and did their best to fix it during the match this weekend. Once the fans cleared the building, they were able to remove the nest so it will no longer be an issue for future games.

Thanks for being a fan and we hope to see you back at BMO Field soon!

Please do not reply to this message as this email address is unable to receive replies. We are happy to help you with any further questions or concerns you may have. Please visit us at http://www.mlse.com/contactus_venues.aspx or call 416-815-5982 during regular business hours.

Oldtimer
08-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Oh, I agree, of course.

But what we NEED it another decent CB. The "cheapest" overall way of getting it would be to get a GA centre back in the draft next year. The higher we go up the table now, the less chance of have of getting one. With there being no expansion team in the draft, you can get a very good player in picks 1,2 and 3, I would say. (which is realistically what we will get, anyways, even with a vast improvement in form).

Too bad Mariner traded away our first round draft pick in order to "win now." Even if we placed last, the best we could have is pick #20. When you're that far down, it doesn't really matter if you are 20 or 25.

Canary10
08-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Oh, I agree, of course.

Austin Berry and Matt Hedges are both starting now at Chicago and Dallas. We could have had either of them in the 2012 draft. Intead we drafted Silva for a position we don't even really have any more. Silva's good, but we all knew our needs and decided not to draft for it.

T-boy
08-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Too bad Mariner traded away our first round draft pick in order to "win now."

He traded a 2014 pick - we still get our natural 2013 pick.

T-boy
08-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Austin Berry and Matt Hedges are both starting now at Chicago and Dallas. We could have had either of them in the 2012 draft. Intead we drafted Silva for a position we don't even really have any more. Silva's good, but we all knew our needs and decided not to draft for it.

I kinda of agree - but I also think you should pick the "best available player" irrespective of position when it comes to your pick. If Silva was that player, then that's fine.

Fort York Redcoat
08-20-2012, 01:25 PM
He traded a 2014 pick - we still get our natural 2013 pick.

Yep. But our second rounder is gone for Jeremy Hall.

One pick next year then the supplemental draft.

Canary10
08-20-2012, 01:46 PM
I kinda of agree - but I also think you should pick the "best available player" irrespective of position when it comes to your pick. If Silva was that player, then that's fine.

We may not have gotten that either. Berry scored the winner against us when we last played Chicago. Either or both of these guys could end up being an Omar Gonzalez.

sulfur
08-20-2012, 02:27 PM
This game like a lot of other MLS games - I don't see TOO much difference between the teams. Really, there is not a lot of difference between the top teams and the bottom through the MLS.
Having said that, I've seen SKC play several times over the last month or so, and they looked dreadful on Saturday -- definitely playing down to their lackluster opponents. Almost like they had the attitude of "hell, we can play like shit and still take the three points."

ag futbol
08-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Having said that, I've seen SKC play several times over the last month or so, and they looked dreadful on Saturday -- definitely playing down to their lackluster opponents. Almost like they had the attitude of "hell, we can play like shit and still take the three points."
They are a very scrappy team, that really tries to beat the hell out of the opposing squad in the midfield. Successful, without a doubt, but otherwise I find them quite negative tactically. Seen them play a lot of games that were borderline unwatchable because they take as many tactical fouls as they can get away with... and then some.

Pookie
08-20-2012, 03:23 PM
This has got to be the END, the actual terminus of all conversations about this team. There is nothing left to say after this, after the point has been reached where A) allowing the most shots can be spun into a positive quality that provides development time and even if that UNBELIEVABLE statement is true, where someone can say with a straight face that B) "aspiring GK's ... knocking on our door" is something in any way, shape or form related to addressing the dire plight faced by this team.

That's it for me, I've been stunned into silence from here on out. Thank you and good night.

I guess sarcasm doesn't translate well eh? ;)

Furtado91
08-20-2012, 05:38 PM
^^^ Cool man glad to hear it got taken care of bud.

spe18
08-20-2012, 07:24 PM

Which coincidentally, is exactly what they did on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T-boy
08-21-2012, 08:56 AM

You can see this either way. So, did Kansas play REALLY badly on Saturday, or did Mariner's tactics actually work against them and closed them down so they couldn't play? They certainly had a tough time breaking TFC down. If they have been opening up teams a lot easier than TFC, maybe Mariner got something right?

starter
08-21-2012, 09:45 AM
You can see this either way. So, did Kansas play REALLY badly on Saturday, or did Mariner's tactics actually work against them and closed them down so they couldn't play? They certainly had a tough time breaking TFC down. If they have been opening up teams a lot easier than TFC, maybe Mariner got something right?
SKC was clearly the better team playing with 60% possession and purpose, it was still a road game for them. If TFC managed to play successful anti-football at HOME against them for 80 Min it is nothing for TFC fans to feel good about.

T-boy
08-21-2012, 10:12 AM
SKC was clearly the better team playing with 60% possession and purpose, it was still a road game for them. If TFC managed to play successful anti-football at HOME against them for 80 Min it is nothing for TFC fans to feel good about.

I agree. But the game was like any team trying to compete with the best team in the league. Mariner definitely set out differently in this one compared to Portland (a much worse team than Kansas). Anyways, it all got stuck in midfield and made me want to take a nap!

cmonyoureds
08-21-2012, 10:42 AM

Hmmm, so to rephrase this....

"Even with perfect tactics we still can't win"

That really flies in the face of the old "we just need a couple tweaks" statement doesn't it?

DangerRed
08-21-2012, 01:38 PM
I guess sarcasm doesn't translate well eh? ;)

Bah! You lie, kind sir! You said it like you meant it, and I resent your attempt at trying to stop this old man from shouting at his cloud!

T-boy
08-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Hmmm, so to rephrase this....

"Even with perfect tactics we still can't win"

That really flies in the face of the old "we just need a couple tweaks" statement doesn't it?

We probably DO need only a couple of tweaks actually.

I'm going to suggest something that I don't think many will agree with:

I think some of our problems start with our goally. Don't get me wrong - I think Kocic is a GREAT shot-stopper. He's clearly kept us in many games this season. BUT, his communication seems very poor for a goally. Organising a team starts from the back, and a few times this season Kocic clearly hasn't been vocal enough. I think this is where having a veteran goally with a lot more experience would really help TFC. Jimmy Nielson may be an old guy for Kansas - but his experience is invaluable for them. Kocic doesn't have anywhere near as much experience even though he's 27 years old. I really think TFC would benefit from a more veteran goally like Nielson.

Kocic really should have arranged the wall better for that free kick on Saturday, and his position should have been much better. Equally I thought Kocic was at fault for the first Portland gaol last week - he should have come for that cross. He started to come - then stopped, ended up in no-mans-land, and we conceded. A vet goally would have known either to commit and go for the cross (he could have easily punched that ball away) OR stick to the goal line. He did something in between, and it gave away a goal that was a basic goalkeeper error.

We've got a defence full of early 20 year olds, we really need a vet goally to bark out instructions and make commited moves. I don't think Kocic gives us anything like that right now.

Again, I'll say its hard to fault a guy who's kept us in so many games and made so many fine saves. But a vet goally might be what the whole team needs right now.

123 elite
08-21-2012, 10:17 PM
We probably DO need only a couple of tweaks actually.

I'm going to suggest something that I don't think many will agree with:

I think some of our problems start with our goally. Don't get me wrong - I think Kocic is a GREAT shot-stopper. He's clearly kept us in many games this season. BUT, his communication seems very poor for a goally. Organising a team starts from the back, and a few times this season Kocic clearly hasn't been vocal enough. I think this is where having a veteran goally with a lot more experience would really help TFC. Jimmy Nielson may be an old guy for Kansas - but his experience is invaluable for them. Kocic doesn't have anywhere near as much experience even though he's 27 years old. I really think TFC would benefit from a more veteran goally like Nielson.

Kocic really should have arranged the wall better for that free kick on Saturday, and his position should have been much better. Equally I thought Kocic was at fault for the first Portland gaol last week - he should have come for that cross. He started to come - then stopped, ended up in no-mans-land, and we conceded. A vet goally would have known either to commit and go for the cross (he could have easily punched that ball away) OR stick to the goal line. He did something in between, and it gave away a goal that was a basic goalkeeper error.

We've got a defence full of early 20 year olds, we really need a vet goally to bark out instructions and make commited moves. I don't think Kocic gives us anything like that right now.

Again, I'll say its hard to fault a guy who's kept us in so many games and made so many fine saves. But a vet goally might be what the whole team needs right now.

Frankly thats nonsense. Toronto's problems are almost entirley due to an ineffective midfield. Shown perfectly at the weekend by Kocic blasts down the park bypassing them and their subsequent inabilty to retrieve the ball, hold the ball, pass the ball, move for the ball, tackle for the ball and find positions around the person who briefly happened to have the ball. As a result they repeatedly gave up possesion and end up back tracking where they are disorganised and in turn place not only too much pressure on the defence but for prolonged periods also. Any defence under that strain will eventually crack and if it doesnt its down to luck. To suggest that Kocic wall positioning cost them the game is absurd. The game was lost after about 15mins. It was only a matter of time. They had no game plan that would win a game only one that would possibly cause a clumsy mistake or a fortunate set piece and then it would be backs to the wall. We've all seen how well backs to the wall works for us.