PDA

View Full Version : Santos Laguna, will there be blood?

Abou Sky
08-15-2012, 04:57 AM
Want to be clear I am not advocating this. But I have heard more than a couple of people say that there will be people out, from both sides, looking for fights at/after the game.

Wondering what the thoughts are here?

Blizzard
08-15-2012, 05:33 AM
Want to be clear I am not advocating this. But I have heard more than a couple of people say that there will be people out, from both sides, looking for fights at/after the game.

Wondering what the thoughts are here?

Why? Ridiculous and idiotic. Just downright stupid. Not worth any serious discussion.

MG42
08-15-2012, 05:36 AM
Am I actually reading this

Abou Sky
08-15-2012, 06:39 AM
Look, I am 34 and well past fighting for kicks. Many are not.

I had to cool down a fight after the Can vs. Hon game. If nobody is willing to be vigilant and stop things from getting out of hand it could be a very real possibility.

Fort York Redcoat
08-15-2012, 06:43 AM
No. There will not. They've been here before with families and fans walked amongst each other.

If there were scuffles its drunk idiots that don't care about the next game. Most people who fight at sporting events aren't STH's and would start a fight in public anywhere else with enough alcohol.

sdcfan18
08-15-2012, 08:56 AM
After the last Santos game, my friends and I had been with some of their fans in the beer garden. Good people who love soccer as much as we do, no need for fights. This is a thread I would expect on an Impact site, not TFC.

T-boy
08-15-2012, 11:01 AM
There could be more blood and sweat on the field than in the stands, for sure. But nobody looking for fights in the stands or after the game, I find that very unlikely!

liv4evr
08-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Yeah after the last game my mates and I shared a few pints with some of their supporters and there was a guy in a luchador mask and he even let me pretend to put him in a headlock for a picture. Seemed like good people, doubt there's any real threat here.

FIAF
08-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Not going to happen.

Richard
08-15-2012, 01:03 PM
I think we might see some on the pitch, but im going to agree with the other posters.

OgtheDim
08-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Well somebody did deflate the Panamanian cow last season but that was the worst of it. Good people.

I still think we need to organize a response to "PUTO" or whatever the heck it is they are saying. Either that or adopt it ourselves.

bigredone
08-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Is the "Puto" addressed at all the opposing fans and players or just the goalie for taking his time? Any suggestions on a response?

I think when they yell it it sounds great, regardless of what is being said. So many possible responses, but none that won't get me kicked out or killed.

Joe Kool
08-15-2012, 02:17 PM
From the last email from TFC "Star Mexican striker Oribe Peralta is coming off a two-goal performance in the gold-medal match at the Olympics, and will look to bring his scoring touch to BMO Field for CCL action. TFC and Santos Laguna renew their rivalry on August 28th, a rivalry that has lots of bad blood. These two clubs hate each other, plain and simple."

TFC FO are hoping the possibility of violence is going to sell tickets now. How low will they go? The clubs don't hate each other. They have a rivalry but that is a healthy thing. What a stupid statement by the club. They should be embarassed.

FIAF
08-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Is the "Puto" addressed at all the opposing fans and players or just the goalie for taking his time? Any suggestions on a response?

I think when they yell it it sounds great, regardless of what is being said. So many possible responses, but none that won't get me kicked out or killed.

Puto means phag.

It is addressed to the keeper and it is used all the time. I think it is to intimidate the goalie and knock of his concentration. Can't forget Mexico is a catholic country and so you will hear anti-gayness frequently.

ManUtd4ever
08-15-2012, 02:45 PM
I think the players are more likely to have a go at each other than the supporters, based on my experience at BMO during the initial matchup.

maninb
08-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Puto means phag.

It is addressed to the keeper and it is used all the time. I think it is to intimidate the goalie and knock of his concentration. Can't forget Mexico is a catholic country and so you will hear anti-gayness frequently.

Then why were the Mexican guys yelling it all dressed as women? Or were they just extremely ugly Mexican women with hairy legs?

OgtheDim
08-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Then why were the Mexican guys yelling it all dressed as women? Or were they just extremely ugly Mexican women with hairy legs?

You were definitely in the wrong stadium if you thought the Santos supporter women were all ugly.

Heart of Stone
08-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Maybe the pay-duty cops will step-in? I say pull a few cops off the construction sites as well for this one.

Alonso
08-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Puto means phag.

Puto doesn't mean phag

Auzzy
08-15-2012, 11:56 PM
^ That's right, it means "A Filipino rice cake eaten as a dessert." ;)

Full details: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=puto

jazzy
08-19-2012, 12:41 PM
^ That's right, it means "A Filipino rice cake eaten as a dessert." ;)

Full details: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=puto

another words nasty lady so to speak

bigredone
08-19-2012, 02:00 PM
I hear other fans yelling during the same moments, but cannot remember which teams. In EPL me thinks.

Really though, the LA game in the dome last year would have been great for a goalkeeper punt chant. Most times though, at BMO, there is just not enough voices to make it have an impact.

TorontoGooner
08-19-2012, 03:27 PM
I agree with all the posts above, but can we drop the use of the "Ultra" in any of our songs then? Just saying

Fort York Redcoat
08-19-2012, 03:31 PM
I agree with all the posts above, but can we drop the use of the "Ultra" in any of our songs then? Just saying

Why?

TorontoGooner
08-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Why?

Because we're not Ultras. Ultras chase you through streets in Rome (trust me) and are intent on kicking your head in. Every time I hear it it makes me cringe a bit. It's a little bit Green Street that's all

Fort York Redcoat
08-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Because we're not Ultras. Ultras chase you through streets in Rome (trust me) and are intent on kicking your head in. Every time I hear it it makes me cringe a bit. It's a little bit Green Street that's all

It's been well documented that the use of the term Ultra does not need to associate with violence here. If that disappoints you that's unfortunate. Support here isn't support like everywhere else. I don't see why it has to be. I actually believe its a strength for support here that its diverse and different.

TorontoGooner
08-19-2012, 03:49 PM
It's been well documented that the use of the term Ultra does not need to associate with violence here. If that disappoints you that's unfortunate. Support here isn't support like everywhere else. I don't see why it has to be. I actually believe its a strength for support here that its diverse and different.

I agree with you that support here is different, and for the better in my opinion. It's the connotations that I don't like. Anyway, to move away from this particular subject, I do believe that we should try everything in our power to be intimidating (booing/whistling every touch they have etc.) They seemed pretty intimidating down there and it does work. Another great thing is wait for their team to get off the bus and chant loudly, though the logistics behind this and the setup of BMO Field don't really allow for this.

Blizzard
08-19-2012, 03:51 PM
I agree with you that support here is different, and for the better in my opinion. It's the connotations that I don't like. Anyway, to move away from this particular subject, I do believe that we should try everything in our power to be intimidating (booing/whistling every touch they have etc.) They seemed pretty intimidating down there and it does work. Another great thing is wait for their team to get off the bus and chant loudly, though the logistics behind this and the setup of BMO Field don't really allow for this.

Not necessarily so. They get into their bus at the south-west corner travelling through some chintzy crowd control fencing. It would be easy to "welcome" them if we knew what time they were coming in.

Fort York Redcoat
08-19-2012, 03:55 PM
^Glad to hear. I don't think the balance of intimidating without the threat of violence is that difficult but to take your point, I wouldn't want anyone thinking what we do is traditional ultra anywhere else.

TorontoGooner
08-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Not necessarily so. They get into their bus at the south-west corner travelling through some chintzy crowd control fencing. It would be easy to "welcome" them if we knew what time they were coming in.

Haha. Cool. Never been around that side of the stadium so was kind of going pics I'd seen. However, if it isn't as you say, I'd be down for a nice little "welcome"!

^Glad to hear. I don't think the balance of intimidating without the threat of violence is that difficult but to take your point, I wouldn't want anyone thinking what we do is traditional ultra anywhere else.

Agreed

Blizzard
08-21-2012, 08:41 PM

Of course and absolutely.

jazzy
08-21-2012, 09:23 PM
more realistically....Santos beat Aguila 5-0...tonight.......so we kinda gotta show up

Yagbod
08-22-2012, 08:20 AM
I can't believe there is still a discussion about the word 'ultra'...

Some humans jump off bridges. Should we stop using the word 'human' lest someone get us confused with bridge jumpers?

Yup, I'm going to use it::picard: