PDA

View Full Version : Best way to meet players on game day?

Gilberto9
08-14-2012, 01:13 PM
I don't live in Toronto, so I can't come to games often. I was wondering what's the easiest way to meet some TFC players on game day, or is the completely impossible...?

Joe Kool
08-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Not impossible. If you go to gate 4 before the game you can say hi as they arrive. Some like to stop more than others. They start arriving about 2 hours before the game. If you wait after the game at the same gate you will see some leave too.

AjayNI
08-14-2012, 07:10 PM
I might try this, Im coming over from Belfast for the Fire game in a few weeks.:)

Red CB Toronto
08-14-2012, 07:20 PM
I would recommend being there about 2 1/2 - 3 hours before game time, they either go through gate 4 on the west side of the stadium or a door to the south just past the TV trucks on the same side of the stadium. It will give you the best chance to catch up with the lads.

Frings22
08-21-2012, 05:27 PM
You sir are my hero :P I got to meet Hassli pre-game against portland and I got countless signature including Frei and Frings on my Germany flag. Definitely made my week :)

Gilberto9
08-22-2012, 10:35 AM
What about after the game?

Phil
08-22-2012, 10:58 AM
What about after the game?

Gate 4 again, but if the result is poor, the players usually sneak away through the back.

Gilberto9
08-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Gate 4 again, but if the result is poor, the players usually sneak away through the back. I want to meet both Frings and Nesta. I'm hoping to go to the fixture in October, vs. Impact. Would they be leaving Gate 4 about an hour after the game?

Phil
08-22-2012, 12:50 PM
You will see a bus just down from gate 4, that is for the opposing team. Should be pretty easy to stop Nesta depending on how many people are there doing the same.

As for Frings, its hit and miss with him outside of gate 4 from what I have seen but I don't go every game, just once and a while. Last year they did a post party down the street with all the team (90th minute party), not sure what they are planning this year if anything.

prizby
08-22-2012, 01:04 PM
You will see a bus just down from gate 4, that is for the opposing team. Should be pretty easy to stop Nesta depending on how many people are there doing the same.

As for Frings, its hit and miss with him outside of gate 4 from what I have seen but I don't go every game, just once and a while. Last year they did a post party down the street with all the team (90th minute party), not sure what they are planning this year if anything.

yikes

Gilberto9
08-22-2012, 01:27 PM

As for Frings, its hit and miss with him outside of gate 4 from what I have seen but I don't go every game, just once and a while. Last year they did a post party down the street with all the team (90th minute party), not sure what they are planning this year if anything. Thanks for the info, man. About how long to you expect the away team to be out of their locker rooms and out to the bus?

ArmenJBX
08-22-2012, 01:44 PM
I hang out in the locker room after the game, usually you have one or two players leaving early, but the majority of them will take about an hour and a half to leave after the game.

I always find it humorous, I've seen this happen on numerous occasions where players exit from gate 4 by themselves and walk off. There are times that no one recognizes them, unless they all come out together or in bunches.

Gilberto9
08-22-2012, 02:36 PM
I hang out in the locker room after the game, usually you have one or two players leaving early, but the majority of them will take about an hour and a half to leave after the game.

How do you manage to hang out in the locker room?

Frings22
08-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Frings usually exits after the opposing team using the "secret" exit. And it's true, some players will leave and twice it's only been my friend and I that stopped and talked to them, even pre-game, nobody recognized Hassli :P

ArmenJBX
08-22-2012, 03:06 PM
How do you manage to hang out in the locker room?
I journalize for a living!