PDA

View Full Version : When Will O'Dea Be Available?

maninb
08-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Anybody know?

asterix606
08-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Could be next year for all I care! It will unfortunatly make no difference.

We have 19 points, dead last in MLS.

No playoffs for the 6th straight year!!!

Red I
08-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Now; from what Mariner, Torontofc.com, and most journalists are saying... But he is currently away on International Duty in Serbia for an Ireland Friendly game... one where he probably won't play.

I know Toronto FC doesn't have much of a say in these things, but why not get some minutes here, especially since the backline is hurting, with Emory suspended and Henry away with Canada and Hall injured ... Will Cann be available is a better question right now.

jabbronies
08-13-2012, 01:33 PM
next season

Phil
08-13-2012, 01:36 PM
He is due back for Saturdays match.

Fort York Redcoat
08-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Now; from what Mariner, Torontofc.com, and most journalists are saying... But he is currently away on International Duty in Serbia for an Ireland Friendly game... one where he probably won't play.

I know Toronto FC doesn't have much of a say in these things, but why not get some minutes here, especially since the backline is hurting, with Emory suspended and Henry away with Canada and Hall injured ... Will Cann be available is a better question right now.

Country before club. Even for another country. As long as it's a real FIFA date.

Could be next year for all I care! It will unfortunatly make no difference.

We have 19 points, dead last in MLS.

No playoffs for the 6th straight year!!!

Ok. See ya next year!! :seeya:

Red I
08-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Country before club. Even for another country. As long as it's a real FIFA date.

I agree with this wholeheartedly...

But why are De-Ro, Morgan, Hutchinson, and Jackson not playing for Canada?

Whoop
08-13-2012, 02:18 PM
I don't see him starting on Saturday.

Fort York Redcoat
08-13-2012, 02:24 PM

Same reasons as always.

Too far for a thrown together, last minute friendly for Hutch and Jackson.
Middle of season and no respect for a closed door friendly given 2 weeks notice for the NA players that are skipping it.

Not saying I agree with their attitudes but I can see their frustration if the lack of notice planning the match was a part of their decision.

Whoop
08-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Yeah, Hutchinson's season just started this weekend. And given it's a friendly I don't see Hart pressuring PSV to release him.

WCQ is another matter. I'm sure he'll be in Toronto on Sept. 7.

DeRo is hurt at the moment. Nothing major. But something you don't want to aggravate in a friendly.

Fort York Redcoat
08-13-2012, 02:31 PM

Same reasons as always.

Too far for a thrown together, last minute friendly for Hutch and Jackson.
Middle of season and no respect for a closed door friendly given 2 weeks notice for the NA players that are skipping it.

Not saying I agree with their attitudes but I can see their frustration if the lack of notice planning the match was a part of their decision.

Do you know if this guy is playing for TnT?

http://www.texassportsimage.com/photos/313662035_qg55X-M.jpg

I mean Julius James. Had to share that pic.

Anyway, hope O'Dea can join us as soon as possible. This happening too often. Waiting for Hassli is a little desperate as well.

prizby
08-13-2012, 03:17 PM

because i doubt o'dea would have signed here if he wasn't given promises that he could go for international duty...you can either have him and he misses the odd game or not have him at all; take your pick?

Richard
08-13-2012, 04:52 PM
MLS should respect FIFA dates, end of discussion on that issue.

maninb
08-14-2012, 12:05 PM
O'Dea named in starting XI for friendly tomorrow!!! FFS don't get HURT!!!!

barticusz
08-15-2012, 06:41 PM
O'Dea named in starting XI for friendly tomorrow!!! FFS don't get HURT!!!!

Odea started in CB role for Ireland against Serbia and put in a strong performance. Ireland kept a clean sheet as well so its nice to see he played the full 90. Looking forward to seeing him on saturday.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0816/1224322258910.html