PDA

View Full Version : TicketFast tickets given to me free

Gilberto9
08-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Hey guys, first time poster here.

I recently received two free TFC tickets vs. Portland this Wednesday. The man posted in a Facebook group saying he is giving away two free tickets, and I was first to message him. He said the two tickets are from his season ticket packages. I'm extremely excited for the match, but I want to make sure that I will be admitted into the stadium. I will be making an hour and a half journey to get to BMO Field, as it will only be my second TFC match I've been to live. I don't want to be disappointed when I arrive. He sent me a PDF file of the two tickets. Is there any way I can assure that it is not a duplicate copy? It says it is issued to his name, so they should be the only copies he has, am I right? I just need a way to assure myself I won't be disappointed when I arrive for nothing.

Looking for some help here, lads

Thanks in advance

jabbronies
08-12-2012, 09:09 PM
unfortunately it's a crap shoot. He also has the same PDF that he sent you and can forward it to anyone he wants.
As far as TFC are concerned, there is 1 PDF that was issued, but as I said, he can duplicate it as many times as he wants. No way of knowing.

You should still give it a go, worst case scenario, I'm sure you can pick up scalper tickets for a fraction of the price on gameday.

Gilberto9
08-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. But, why would he post on Facebook saying he;s giving away 2 free tickets? What's the benefit to him? I'm not even sure why I am so worried, lol.

London
08-12-2012, 09:15 PM
^^^^ because tfc tickets are not easy to sell, and a weekday game vs sub par teams is even harder

to be safe, id be the first one in line so that if there are duplicates out there then your will work and thiers will not.

Gilberto9
08-12-2012, 09:20 PM
^^^^ because tfc tickets are not easy to sell, and a weekday game vs sub par teams is even harder

to be safe, id be the first one in line so that if there are duplicates out there then your will work and thiers will not. What time would you recommend coming to the stadium? I'm planning on coming using the Go Train.

London
08-12-2012, 09:26 PM
^^^ gates open 1 hour befor kickoff, weekday games dont realy have a rush at the gates

worst comes to worst you can get scalper tix for likely cheaper then face value

Yagbod
08-12-2012, 10:36 PM
My guess? He just wants his tickets to be used. I've given mine away to strangers before. You'll have no problem. I hope you enjoy the game! And welcome to the board.

Gilberto9
08-12-2012, 11:00 PM
My guess? He just wants his tickets to be used. I've given mine away to strangers before. You'll have no problem. I hope you enjoy the game! And welcome to the board. Thanks :) And hopefully you're right about that! I'm pretty confident i'll be able to get in no problem.