PDA

View Full Version : MLS & TFC FAQ (discussion/debate only)

Lucky Strike
07-15-2008, 11:10 AM
As the title implies, this thread is intended to serve as the place to discuss and debate the information located or destined for the FAQ (ie. the first thread).

1. As with any other thread, be polite, civil and constructive.

2. This thread will be stickied but not locked.

3. Personal attacks of any kind are not tolerated. For a comprehensive guide, please visit: http://64.13.252.151/forums/faq.php

4. When discussing a topic, make sure to clearly identify the entry to which you are referring.

Wooster_TFC
07-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Is there a reason it's intended to be one monster thread with all the information and not just links?

For example, is there a reason we need to copy details from our source and then post the source, rather than simply saying something like:

Toronto's Current Roster Players: http://web.mlsnet.com/players/roster.jsp?club=t280

If the concern is it needs to be searchable, just make sure the description is specific enough that it should be easily found in the search.

I can see providing the information instead of simply linking as a problem if we continue to blatantly rip off other peoples work. Using multiple sources to define specific information that people need is useful, but to simply copy/paste the information from somewhere else is not IMO.

Kevvv
07-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Is there a reason it's intended to be one monster thread with all the information and not just links?

For example, is there a reason we need to copy details from our source and then post the source, rather than simply saying something like:

Toronto's Current Roster Players: http://web.mlsnet.com/players/roster.jsp?club=t280

If the concern is it needs to be searchable, just make sure the description is specific enough that it should be easily found in the search.

I can providing the information instead of simply linking as a problem if we continue to blatantly rip off other peoples work. Using multiple sources to define specific information that people need is useful, but to simply copy/paste the information from somewhere else is not IMO.

Good point. Whether or not posting the roster qualifies as ripping off other people's work, it makes sense to post links to the sources. Otherwise we'll end up with something that needs to be maintained, re-edited to keep it current.

Lucky Strike
07-15-2008, 11:39 AM

I can providing the information instead of simply linking as a problem if we continue to blatantly rip off other peoples work. Using multiple sources to define specific information that people need is useful, but to simply copy/paste the information from somewhere else is not IMO.

Good god, why didn't I think of that? I'll change that now.

Shaughno
07-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Does there need to be 2 threads on this really?

alexintoronto
07-28-2008, 01:07 PM
I vote 1 thread in the News section. Of course I voted for Mike Harris once - so I don't know if you want to listen to me.

Shaughno
07-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Yeah that's more along the lines of what I was thinking. Moving 1, not voting Harris. ;)

Lucky Strike
07-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Does there need to be 2 threads on this really?

Well yes. As I wrote in the first post of the other thread, that one is for info ONLY. This is a place to discuss and debate the info.

Parkdale
11-27-2008, 11:45 AM
no activity. unstick

Wagner
11-27-2008, 12:46 PM
i wonder if anyone suggested this idea a year ago...
i wonder if the same person suggested a charter a year ago??