PDA

View Full Version : Survey says...?

craigtfc
08-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Good little article about the survey season ticket holder filled out and also breaking down how MLSE are contiously dipping into our pockets and the value of your season ticket.

http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/8/8/3227102/survey-says-torontofc-mlse

OgtheDim
08-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Interesting but one of his conclusions is deeply flawed.

...Since there is no secondary ticket market anymore, fans can get to every game now at a discount higher than what is being given to season ticket holders....

Yes they can with so many season tickets being sold.

However, if the ST amount drops to 1/2 of its current level, then the secondary market would actually be reborn. i.e. You might get cheap seats this season but next season I have my doubts.

There is a market for tickets, just not at the price per game or per ST that MLSE wants to sell them at.

asterix606
08-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Here is my Survey (Check if correct)

- Highest priced tickets in league (Check)
- Brutal team for the past 6 seasons (Check)
- Your local strip joint keeps its strippers longer than average players stay at TFC (Check)
- After 45 minutes you wonder if there is more action to be seen on a different kind of pitch at the strip joint (Check)
- I wear Depend's at game to avoid insane bathroom lineups (Check)
- No playoffs in all their history (Check)
- FO markets a fake sense of tradition (Check)
- Hard to resale ST on market (Check)
- MLSE taking 35% of your resale tickets (Check)
- Beat records this year for worst team in MLS history (Check)
- Your section is now full of kids and you cant swear like you used to (Check)
- No stable coaching (Check)
- Idiotic FO (Check)
- Expensive food and beer (Check)
- Bad stadium design (Check)
- Losing fans every minute (Check)

Alonso
08-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Great and enlightening article.

Amen.

Hallelujah!

I'm not even religious!

I've decided to follow this guideline for my renewal. The cynicism that this strategy evokes, through getting ticket renewals by fucking over it's partners by ML$E, just speaks volumes about the character of this organization. This is the same cynicism that ML$E has bred from all the sports fans of its holdings through double talk, platitudes, and ultimate greed.

Anselmi needs to go If this is how he decides to treat his "partners" and ML$E's season ticket holders.

To think that he could offer half off of concessions and a price freeze and virtually bring in the same revenue, while fucking over the City's stake in the team is Machiavellian genius!

Only Anselmi would concoct such a delicious piece of fuckery.

tiberius
08-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Interesting but one of his conclusions is deeply flawed.

Yes they can with so many season tickets being sold.

However, if the ST amount drops to 1/2 of its current level, then the secondary market would actually be reborn. i.e. You might get cheap seats this season but next season I have my doubts.

There is a market for tickets, just not at the price per game or per ST that MLSE wants to sell them at.

Deeply Flawed???? I think your "deeply flawed" analysis is deeply flawed. MLSE will continue to suck the life out of any possible secondary market for season ticket holders - they will continue to mercilessly flog deeply discounted tickets on Groupon, Travelzoo, KIA giveaways etc - even straight up deals from the BMO ticket office! The season tickets, once sold, are considered a done deal - the next step will inevitably be to flog the unsold tickets at any price. If anything the heat and pressure will build to flog these discount tickets even more in order to support their bottom line, as the Season ticket holder group dwindles.

Brooker
08-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Here is my Survey (Check if correct)

I wear Depend's at game to avoid insane bathroom lineups (Check)

If you have to wait more than 2 minutes to take a piss, you're doing it wrong and need to learn the art of stadium urination.

Or just do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKUXDedYDbc

Walms
08-09-2012, 12:02 PM
If you have to wait more than 2 minutes to take a piss, you're doing it wrong and need to learn the art of stadium urination.

Or just do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKUXDedYDbc

That Video just had me laughing my ass off at work to the point my co-workes came to watch it!

Well done Brooker