PDA

View Full Version : BMO Field Announcer

Rudy
08-04-2012, 01:16 PM
i like that guy's voice. he certainly adds to the atmosphere. anyone has info on him?

West220Side
08-04-2012, 04:27 PM
i like that guy's voice. he certainly adds to the atmosphere. anyone has info on him?

Always assumed he was some sort of pre-recording done at the beginning of the season. Guess thats impossible now that I think about it since he does the player line-up which changes so frequently. :facepalm:
One memory sticks out, the game where alcohol was banned from being sold inside the stadium and he reminded us all that if "you've been drinking, don't drive."

DangerRed
08-04-2012, 05:20 PM
I could not disagree with you more. Aside from the results, he's the most annoying thing about BMO Field. He sounds like he should be announcing WWF "matches" or motocross races in some small midwestern town.

GBV
08-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Not a fan. ROBOT.

Joe Kool
08-04-2012, 05:50 PM
I don't mind his voice much at all. The one thing I wish he would stop saying is "please remain standing and hold your scarf up high". We were never told to hold our scarves up when we started doing it and it annoys me that they started to add that and tell me to do it so now I don't really want to. I hate when I hear that because I picture visiting people to the stadium thinking "oh, that's why they do it". Kind of like the club organized march in Seattle. Knowing it is set up by the club takes away the appeal. Supporter initiated stuff is always the best.

billyfly
08-04-2012, 07:15 PM
I think that the production at BMO could be improved.

Music, halftime etc.

Redpunkfiddle
08-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Too Montster truck pull for my taste. Terrrrrr onOH?

billyfly
08-04-2012, 08:29 PM
I want someone original, someone wacky.

Someone that is gonna come up with something that becomes tradition.

London
08-04-2012, 08:34 PM
^^^ like a strip club DJ, now that original and wacky

asterix606
08-05-2012, 01:24 PM
- - - -

james
08-05-2012, 04:15 PM
who are you talking about???

if you are talking about the announcer at BMO field who does the line up every game then well my opinion i can not stand him. "Houston vs YOOURRR TTTTOOORRRONNTTOOO F.CCCCCC"......its awful. It does sound like hes at a Monster Truck rally or a wrestling match with his deep voice and sounds like hes jacked on steroids or something. Please can MLSE get a new guy to do the ine ups before games???

West220Side
08-05-2012, 04:21 PM
I think that the production at BMO could be improved.

Music, halftime etc.

Did you not enjoy your halftime hip-hop dancers good sir?
From, ML$E

Brooker
08-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Can't stand the way he holds some of the words.

Yagbod
08-05-2012, 10:05 PM
who are you talking about???

if you are talking about the announcer at BMO field who does the line up every game then well my opinion i can not stand him. "Houston vs YOOURRR TTTTOOORRRONNTTOOO F.CCCCCC"......its awful. It does sound like hes at a Monster Truck rally or a wrestling match with his deep voice and sounds like hes jacked on steroids or something. Please can MLSE get a new guy to do the ine ups before games???

WE'll SELL YOU THE WHOLE SEAT, BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDDDGGGGGE!!!

(to stand on)

TOBOR !
08-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Not a fan. ROBOT.

You rang ?

He's not fries, nor rings... he's TOOOOOOORSTEN FRIIIIIINGZZZZZZZ !

RicoSuave44
08-06-2012, 06:22 AM
"SATURDAY, SATURDAY, SATURDAY!!!
This guy has always annoyed me, but for MLSE... why hire another person when you already have your leafs guy available?
Hate to argue from this angle, but, at least in England, if they do add emphasis to the home team it's done less 'service industry' fake-ass style, and more raising voice volume. Compared to making the home side sound like WWE wrestler introductions . This is the vocal equivalent of redesigning mascot creature logos to look more ferocious. Like nails on a chalkboard!

Also... there is something to be said for how the effect of the simple vocal delivery plays with the crowd.
IE: Liverpool announcer nonchalantly introduces legend Steven Gerrard in the starting lineup.... the reaction from the crowd tells the story--- better than a lame growling teaser intro

burlington Red
08-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Surprised anyone has anything good to say about him, he is so fake it is laughable. No need for it, just call names out normally. I maybe get why they do it, trying to add some excitement, but it fails miserably. Sky sports when they first came out, tried to sex up football by bringing out dancers at the start and half time of their Monday night games, if I recall correctly they were the Sky Strikers or something lame like that. It was pure cheese and dropped after 1 season. Football has worked for years in it's current format, no need fo fix something that isn't broken.

OgtheDim
08-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Did he ever sound lame last week withonly 3-4K of people around....

tfc2008
08-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Wat he have to say then

Gentlemen start your enginessssssss