PDA

View Full Version : Season ending cliffhangers ?

Max_TO
08-01-2012, 09:45 PM
We can all remember the cliffhanger that the TFC left us with late last season that kept us going all winter long . You remember , the singing of some new DP players , as well as some continueing champ league play , we could hardly wait for a new season to start . It was going to be the year that we finally made the playoff's !

So , do you think that the TFC has some other season ending cliffhanger to leave us with this year , to once again imprint a desire for more TFC soccer and season ticket sales ?

If so , I would be interested to hear what the TFC would have to do this year to out do there cliffhanger from last year ?

narduch
08-01-2012, 09:50 PM
I think they are all out of ideas.

My guess is a price freeze in season ticket cost.

The reduction in prices won't come until there is a real fall out in renewals.

Edit: I also forgot, I'm guessing more town hall meetings and an apology letter. They FO will stress how much they really really really want to win, blah blah blah. This time its different, etc...

[NBF]
08-02-2012, 01:26 AM
So , do you think that the TFC has some other season ending cliffhanger to leave us with this year , to once again imprint a desire for more TFC soccer and season ticket sales ?

Here's some question about TFC that I have prior to the season ending and in preparation for next season:

1. Would Mariner keep two DP strikers if they are both slow as Ty Harden. If he keeps two DP's which one will sit on the bench?
2. Would Torsten Frings retire prior to another aweful team in 2013? (A Frings retirement would be disastrous. Dunfield would become the #1 central midfielder on the roster.lol.)
3. Goalkeeper battle. Milos or Stefan?

The 3 most important players have big questions that I would like answered prior to the end of this season and not after the MLS Draft or at the end of the preseason.

__wowza
08-02-2012, 08:14 AM
;1517988']1. Would Mariner keep two DP strikers if they are both slow as Ty Harden. If he keeps two DP's which one will sit on the bench?
2. Would Torsten Frings retire prior to another aweful team in 2013? (A Frings retirement would be disastrous. Dunfield would become the #1 central midfielder on the roster.lol.)
3. Goalkeeper battle. Milos or Stefan?

the more things change the more they stay the same i guess.
i loved how one of our most pressing issues last year was which one of our great goalkeepers would start. personally i think that we may see stefan shipped out sooner rather than later if we get him back at the tail end of the season. he's always been an underrated keeper in the league, especially in front of our defense.

Max_TO
08-02-2012, 07:27 PM
To be honest , I was a bit surprised TFC didn't trade stefan right after the con. game against LA . Not that anything is wrong with Stefan , but you just knew that they wanted to bump milos up .