PDA

View Full Version : Season Seat Holders Survey

TFC John
07-30-2012, 05:17 PM
I just completed a Season Seat Holders Survey that came in the email today. It seemed like the same survey they sent out last year.

There was a place to add comments on what would improve the experience. I suggested that they send us a TFC Card like a Tim Hortons card that could be used instead of tickets to be scanned into the stadium. It could also be loaded up with cash to swipe at the concession stands and it would automatically provide a SSH discount. It would be a green alternative to the printed tickets and it would be impossible for scalpers to sell. They would still have to allow the email printed tickets for when you can't make it to the game.

If you think this idea would work, please include it in your survey so the FO hears about it from more than one person.

ensco
07-30-2012, 06:07 PM
To each his own, but if you are unhappy, I would recommend against filling out this survey. Response rate is by far the single most important metric in gauging interest.

Miko
07-30-2012, 06:37 PM
To each his own, but if you are unhappy, I would recommend against filling out this survey. Response rate is by far the single most important metric in gauging interest.

Do you really think that's the best way to go?

I would think they welcome apathy as there is no reason to change then.

I think filling it out and telling them our displeasure may be a more effective way to go, especially if they don't know of our supporter group affiliation and think we are regular ticket holders.

Just my 2 cents

ensco
07-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Do you really think that's the best way to go?

I would think they welcome apathy as there is no reason to change then.

I think filling it out and telling them our displeasure may be a more effective way to go, especially if they don't know of our supporter group affiliation and think we are regular ticket holders.

Just my 2 cents

The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference. Anybody who cares enough to give them a piece of their mind is probably coming back next year.

Parkdale
07-30-2012, 07:13 PM
last year I filled mine out, and got a call the next week. The guy asked what could be done to improve the situation and got an earful from me for 10 minutes. I know he's a lower player in the organization, but he's making notes, and those notes will work their way up the chain.

Yohan
07-30-2012, 07:22 PM
last year I filled mine out, and got a call the next week. The guy asked what could be done to improve the situation and got an earful from me for 10 minutes. I know he's a lower player in the organization, but he's making notes, and those notes will work their way up the chain.
Boy, you are the eternal optimist ;)

Huyton
07-30-2012, 07:30 PM
If you don't tell them what you like and what you don't like, how will they know what to change?

It's imperative to tell them what you DO like...even if it's something simple like having a supporters section.

Tell them you're OK with the beer change as long as you can get Stella, if you like.

Indifference is the enemy here.

Rene Kingsriver
07-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Filled mine out, probably the worst ratings I've ever given on a survey and that's not including the comments sections

Parkdale
07-30-2012, 07:40 PM
When you are unable to attend matches, which of the following best describes what most frequently happens to your tickets? *

You give your tickets to friends or family

You sell your tickets to friends or family

You give your tickets to business clients/partners/employees

You sell your tickets to business clients/partners/employees

Your tickets go unused

You sell your tickets to a secondary market website or ticket broker

You donate your tickets

they forgot one

I can't even give them away for free.

Alonso
07-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Apparently I'm not getting a survey this year....

I thought every SSH got the survey?

Suds
07-30-2012, 07:57 PM
As displeased as I am with how certain elements of the club have been run, I feel if you pass on the opportunity to have your voice heard it's the same as not voting then complaining about government.

If you're unhappy let them know where they can do better. If they get the same feedback from enough people hopefully they act on it. If they do then game day gets better. In the end that's what we all want. If I get the survey I'll take the time to respond.

jimiv
07-30-2012, 08:11 PM
... I suggested that they send us a TFC Card like a Tim Hortons card that could be used instead of tickets to be scanned into the stadium. It could also be loaded up with cash to swipe at the concession stands and it would automatically provide a SSH discount. It would be a green alternative to the printed tickets and it would be impossible for scalpers to sell. They would still have to allow the email printed tickets for when you can't make it to the game...

I too suggested this, along with lowering prices on food and beer.:hump:

ensco
07-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Indifference is the enemy here.

I'm tired of their new age, insincere, consultant-inspired playbook. They love to pretend to listen, to tell you that they understand, that they sympathize, that they really really really want to win. Just endless talk, then the meeting is over, and it's gone. You think you've been heard, but for them, it's like it never happened.

We don't just think this. We know this.

Ignoring them is the only way to get them to listen. Nothing else works.

Nuf said. I've got no beef with anyone who responds.

narduch
07-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Apparently I'm not getting a survey this year....

I thought every SSH got the survey?

I didn't get it either, although I find that TFC is pretty shoddy when it comes to delivering emails to me.

Whoop
07-30-2012, 09:16 PM
I responded.

Have been pretty negative in the past, more negative this year.

But like ensco says, ultimately, whether they listen or not... I don't think it makes a difference.

But like suds says, by responding, at least it allows me to bitch and moan that it doesn't make a difference. LOL

Derko
07-30-2012, 10:06 PM
I didn't get it either, although I find that TFC is pretty shoddy when it comes to delivering emails to me.

Nor did I!!!

Cashcleaner
07-31-2012, 12:56 AM
If you're unhappy with how this team is being run, trust me when I say we are all much better off with you letting them know. Even if it's just to vent and get some issues off your chest (like what I pretty much ended up doing). The club is very much aware that they're not seeing the same number of people through the gates as they did years prior and they will scrutinize these surveys because of that. Do not assume that the club isn't aware of the fans general dissatisfaction.

Huyton
07-31-2012, 03:47 AM
Rather than asking people why they come, perhaps they should be asking people why they don't.

Performing a sort of "exit interview" with those who don't renew might help.

It looks like I'm not getting one, but I'd be telling them I hate the DJ by the food building, and the loud pre-game music. For some strange reason, I actually like chatting with the people I go to a game with, both before and after a game.

Suds
07-31-2012, 06:18 AM
^^
Perfect example of feedback they need. I don't mind the the DJ. What's annoying is at times they have music cranked to the point you cannot talk to anyone. Background tunes on a sunny day enjoying a pint is great. But ultimately I'm there for footy. Not for the DJ to try and impress everyone with their skills.

ensco
07-31-2012, 06:18 AM
If you're unhappy with how this team is being run, trust me when I say we are all much better off with you letting them know.

Why would you say this so emphatically?

I know something about the statistical use of customer surveys. If you want a price decrease, you are worse off, if you respond.

I obviously don't know for sure what they are doing with this, but here's a pretty educated guess: overall response rate, and how fast you responded, are likely the critical thing they are measuring. They compare it to last year and develop a relative "engagement" score. That's likely to have the biggest correlation to "likelihood to renew".

What you actually say in this survey, well, sure it could be put to good use by a management that cared, and it may make you feel better, but imho it doesn't really matter.

ryan
07-31-2012, 06:35 AM
I know something about the statistical use of customer surveys. If you want a price decrease, you are worse off, if you respond. Overall response rate, and how fast you responded, are likely the critical thing they are measuring. They compare it to last year and develop a relative "engagement" score. That's likely to have the biggest correlation to "likelihood to renew".

What you actually say in this survey, well, sure ot could be put to good use by a management that cared, and it may make you feel better, but imho it doesn't really matter.

I agree wholeheartedly.

While I could just be another person repeating the same things many people have likely said (your prices are foolish, your marketing is a joke and killing support, you've killed interest and your attempt at building a club is lost and laughable at best with the current structure)...they don't need to read that for the 1000th time.

They've ruined an opportunity here in Toronto and it would take immense work to reacquire the folks who used to pack that stadium in the early years. They have soured the market and I doubt MLSE is even willing to do what it takes to bring them back. It's just not within the organizations beliefs to do what I think is needed. Adequate pricing, SSH perks...I mean real quality perks, proper management (Anselmi goes nowhere no matter what we want, the clusterfuck of Directors of Technical Waterbottles and VP's of Throw-In's aren't going to change either)....it's just not going to happen. Massive change is needed, but I don't believe MLSE would go that route, so why waste my time telling them what I think?

I can't wait for the "new ownership" speech during renewals in the fall on about how much is going to change though. Some Rogers and Bell suit sitting at a desk telling us "we're committed to turning things around and making it right"...and a slouched over Tommy A just nods in agreement, casually glancing over at his golf clubs parked by the exit.

Lastly on the note of response rate being everything, I think it can't be stress enough that it's important. My business, who's been either a top 50 or 100 workplace in Canada for about 15 years now, couldn't get the response rate required to be included in this year's ranking. That's what 3 years of terrible raises and no bonuses will do. People stopped caring about the company and they are pretty livid about the fact that they couldn't get a measley 60% to respond.

Pookie
07-31-2012, 06:43 AM
I haven't got the survey yet. Although the question posted about resell tickets makes me think they are exploring one of the perks that other teams offer, a true ticket exchange.

If you can't go to a game, you can trade in your unused tickets on extra tickets to games you can go to. Small perk but given the emptiness of the stadium, no excuse not to offer it.

For me, I want prices lowered to the MLS average, approximately $200 to $750 discount on a pair depending on the location. $450ish in the North Stand. That would get me thinking.

Add Anselmi out of the organizational structure and then I'd renew. Without those two, there will be a pair available.

Nuvinho
07-31-2012, 07:16 AM
They won't get rid of Anselmi, but probably just promote him.

I am hoping a drop in the price of my tickets - I currently pay $1,900 for a pair in dark greys. I own another pair in dark greys (which I am giving up next year-so hard to sell) and a pair in supporters (keeping those). I if they drop the price to $1,750 for the pair (just under an 8% drop), I would be happy. Anything else would be gravy.

pekduck
07-31-2012, 07:22 AM
I'm tired of their new age, insincere, consultant-inspired playbook. They love to pretend to listen, to tell you that they understand, that they sympathize, that they really really really want to win. Just endless talk, then the meeting is over, and it's gone. You think you've been heard, but for them, it's like it never happened.

We don't just think this. We know this.

Ignoring them is the only way to get them to listen. Nothing else works.

Nuf said. I've got no beef with anyone who responds.

I have to agree with ensco on this one... (speaking on the other side of the fence being a consultant, lol). Not all companies use the playbook with the intention to actually make a change, but rather going through the motions so that the stakeholders perceive them as 'implementing a change'.

The only way to assess the truth is to observe what one organization actually did over time, not what they said over time (which can mean either they don't want to, or they are utterly incompetent). By that observation over the last 5+ years... I need to reach for top shelf whiskey to cope with the depression... lol

edit: or embedded the true objective of the survey in a long comprehensive survey to get 'unbiased opinion' on the key responses. other responses are just ignored when the group that's providing stats/report collate the date to give to the management

Pookie
07-31-2012, 07:41 AM
They won't get rid of Anselmi, but probably just promote him.

I am hoping a drop in the price of my tickets - I currently pay $1,900 for a pair in dark greys. I own another pair in dark greys (which I am giving up next year-so hard to sell) and a pair in supporters (keeping those). I if they drop the price to $1,750 for the pair (just under an 8% drop), I would be happy. Anything else would be gravy.

Just as an FYI, you pay about $750 more than the MLS average ticket price for a pair in that vantage point.

With the 8% decrease you are asking for, you'd still be paying $600 more than the average.

Nuvinho
07-31-2012, 08:00 AM
Just as an FYI, you pay about $750 more than the MLS average ticket price for a pair in that vantage point.

With the 8% decrease you are asking for, you'd still be paying $600 more than the average.

goddamnit...ML$E

__wowza
07-31-2012, 08:05 AM
anyone care to post the SSH survey on here?

i agree with ensco, indifference sends a powerful message. on the flipside it's like a bad falling out with a friend having them send you a "i know i did something wrong, but i don't know what" email. either route makes sense.

ensco
07-31-2012, 08:13 AM
it's like a bad falling out with a friend having them send you a "i know i did something wrong, but i don't know what" email

TFC/MLSE are one of those relationships where, when it should be about friendship it's about business, and when it should be about business, it's about friendship

Phil
07-31-2012, 08:14 AM
I would argue the feedback is good. You have to remember, its easy to feel ignored on surveys like this, but the really angry and upset people probably make a small percentage. The apathetic are growing and probably won't respond at all, then there are probably a high amount of people that will remain somewhat neutral and just decide when they get the bill if they think they will renew.

My experience with marketing and metrics from things like this are, they will only rate things that are extremely negative or extremely positive. Ensco brings up a facinating point about response time and retention though.

cmonyoureds
07-31-2012, 09:26 AM
I wouldn't respond.
Ask any salesperson.........a mad person is still talking to you. It's the ones that won't even pick up the phone or meet with you that are really worrisome.

Just out of curiosity, of all the things anyone has put on a response to these, how many have been addressed? How many have actually, honestly, changed?

__wowza
07-31-2012, 09:51 AM
Just out of curiosity, of all the things anyone has put on a response to these, how many have been addressed? How many have actually, honestly, changed?

The $64,000 Question!of all the lower ticket prices, cheaper concessions, free parking, more freedom for the supporters, etc.. what's changed?

also a MASSIVE shout out to TFC john (how the fuck do i tag people?) the more i read your post the more it makes sense. that would've been fantastic for the seasons when scalping was a problem. maybe adding on that you can download printable tickets if you couldn't attend a game or something? you could easily track who downloads printable tickets every single game to see who was scalping.

KGH
07-31-2012, 10:55 AM
It must be a selctive survey targeted at the older SSH's. I've been a SSH for 2 years now and did not get a survey.

1) Personally I like the idea of the pay cards but think about the infistructure that they would have to install (think more $$$). Right now we can't even use debit or cc for transactions.

2) I might be in the majority but for what I pay (light greys) I'm OK with the pricing right now. Sure I'd love them to drop it but I'm realistic about the quantity of entertainment I get for my $.

3) Winning cures all. Thats what I want.

cuecas_red
07-31-2012, 12:39 PM
It must be a selctive survey targeted at the older SSH's. I've been a SSH for 2 years now and did not get a survey.

1) Personally I like the idea of the pay cards but think about the infistructure that they would have to install (think more $$$). Right now we can't even use debit or cc for transactions.

2) I might be in the majority but for what I pay (light greys) I'm OK with the pricing right now. Sure I'd love them to drop it but I'm realistic about the quantity of entertainment I get for my $.

Not sure if it was just to older SSH's. I have been one since season 1 and I did not get the survery either.

Pookie
07-31-2012, 01:38 PM

So, your disposable income is tied to winning? If these are the prices for losing, imagine....

billyfly
07-31-2012, 01:41 PM
I asked for an Iron gate.

:o

eustacchio
07-31-2012, 03:00 PM
I just completed a Season Seat Holders Survey that came in the email today. It seemed like the same survey they sent out last year.

There was a place to add comments on what would improve the experience. I suggested that they send us a TFC Card like a Tim Hortons card that could be used instead of tickets to be scanned into the stadium. It could also be loaded up with cash to swipe at the concession stands and it would automatically provide a SSH discount. It would be a green alternative to the printed tickets and it would be impossible for scalpers to sell. They would still have to allow the email printed tickets for when you can't make it to the game.

If you think this idea would work, please include it in your survey so the FO hears about it from more than one person.

I may even know somebody at a company that does just that...:)

canadian_bhoy
07-31-2012, 03:35 PM
I responded, but the biggest issue with TFC is that they don't know how to change. Are they going to lower ticket prices in the south end? Are they going to put club before profit? Nope.

It's not about wins. The first two years were the best, and the team was crap. They think a couple of wins will bring back the fans who made their club what it is(was). They gouged, raped and pillaged. There's no email that fixes that.

Jack
07-31-2012, 03:48 PM
It's not about wins. The first two years were the best, and the team was crap. They think a couple of wins will bring back the fans who made their club what it is(was). They gouged, raped and pillaged. There's no email that fixes that.
This man is wise.

ecospice
07-31-2012, 04:30 PM
I am pissed that you can get a cheese and bacon footlong dog but cannot get a cheese and bacon normal dog. I also don't like that I can only get one large beer at a time. The beer and hot dogs is the only thing that got me through the first half of the sseason.

C.Ronaldo
07-31-2012, 04:43 PM
cheesed about cheese

story of the franchise

I am pissed that you can get a cheese and bacon footlong dog but cannot get a cheese and bacon normal dog. I also don't like that I can only get one large beer at a time. The beer and hot dogs is the only thing that got me through the first half of the sseason.

WestStandGeoff
07-31-2012, 05:02 PM

The beer thing is liquor law related, not a stadium policy.

Code Red
07-31-2012, 06:03 PM
I received the survey but won't be taking the time to fill it out. A few weeks ago I sent in an e-mail about the outrageous marketing tactics being used and received a generic reply back. If they won't take the time to adequately answer my e-mail, why should I spend my time filling out their survey?

canadian_bhoy
07-31-2012, 06:39 PM
You'll know when TFC have hit rock bottom when they start making kids their primary target. I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen next season.
Success of this desperate tactic is the trademark pubescent shriek of the child filled cheer (found at raptor and american MLS games).

Whoop
07-31-2012, 06:46 PM
I can see it now... School day game!

Just like the Jays, Marlies and various junior teams do. Load up the bus with kids and it counts as a field trip.

Klinsmann
07-31-2012, 07:42 PM
I still haven't received the survey yet... I think they got rid of the mac n cheese fritters at BMO, they were so good I renewed my tickets last yr! That really pissed me off and the new speakers are way too loud now.
Plus what happened to all the free shampoo and pasta and razors that they used to give away in the 1st few seasons.

spe18
07-31-2012, 08:27 PM
I can see it now... School day game!

Just like the Jays, Marlies and various junior teams do. Load up the bus with kids and it counts as a field trip.

NYRB tried that earlier this month, and it was a total disaster. MLS site says there were 15,000 at the game, but looking at the highlights from the match and I could've sworn there were less then 10,000!!

Whoop
07-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Was it a school day?

I mean school is closed during the summer.

denime
07-31-2012, 09:51 PM
I responded, but the biggest issue with TFC is that they don't know how to change. Are they going to lower ticket prices in the south end? Are they going to put club before profit? Nope.

Agree 100%

Cashcleaner
07-31-2012, 11:55 PM
Why would you say this so emphatically?

I know something about the statistical use of customer surveys. If you want a price decrease, you are worse off, if you respond.

I obviously don't know for sure what they are doing with this, but here's a pretty educated guess: overall response rate, and how fast you responded, are likely the critical thing they are measuring. They compare it to last year and develop a relative "engagement" score. That's likely to have the biggest correlation to "likelihood to renew".

What you actually say in this survey, well, sure it could be put to good use by a management that cared, and it may make you feel better, but imho it doesn't really matter.

I already gave my reason in my post. I remarked that the club is fully aware of our actual attendance numbers and the fact that it's been in a steady decline for a couple of years now. They are a business with declining sales, therefore they want to pinpoint why the decline i happening to create new policies and program to stop and reverse that trend. These surveys help them do that.

Now, as for not filling it out and advocating so, what sort of message does that send? Certainly nothing they can definitely work off or even use as some indicator of apathy because I guarantee - and this is something that needs to be highlighted - the large majority of TFC fans who get this in the mail will also NOT fill out their survey. You and a handful of others here declining to fill out the survey creates no special abberation or fluctuation in their final tally of who didn't respond. Nobody at TFC is going to come to the shocking realization that you intentionally declined to complete your survey to display your apathy toward the club.

Because there is no significant difference between 12000 non-respondents and 12100 non-respondents, to do nothing intentionally makes FAR less an impact than anything else. If people don't want to respond to the email and fill out the survey, that's entirely up to them and I'm not effected either way by it, but I assure you that nobody at the club is going to assume people are displaying their apathy by not filling it out because so many others won't be filing theirs out either. It's all a matter of math.

ensco
08-01-2012, 07:06 AM
^Understood. I think I know something about how these work, you think you know something about how these work. It all comes down to how the data will be used.

We totally disagree.

TFC Tifoso
08-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Plus what happened to all the free shampoo and pasta and razors that they used to give away in the 1st few seasons.

you must've missed the free Vaseline they gave away midway through the 0-10 start.......I, for one, loved the irony in that...........

__wowza
08-01-2012, 07:41 AM
I asked for an Iron gate.:o

i demand the resurrection of the supporters gate thread! g:D

Suds
08-01-2012, 09:43 AM
You'll know when TFC have hit rock bottom when they start making kids their primary target. I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen next season.
Success of this desperate tactic is the trademark pubescent shriek of the child filled cheer (found at raptor and american MLS games).

Absolutely agree. The exact idea someone in marketing who really does not understand their market or what marketing really is will think this is genius. We market to the kids now so they become customers in the future. Pure desperation and shows they have not taken the time to truly understand the soccer culture/market in this city.

Whoop
08-01-2012, 09:53 AM
I still haven't received the survey yet... I think they got rid of the mac n cheese fritters at BMO, they were so good I renewed my tickets last yr! That really pissed me off and the new speakers are way too loud now.

They gave away pasta at the last match.

London
08-01-2012, 09:59 AM
you must've missed the free Vaseline they gave away midway through the 0-10 start.......I, for one, loved the irony in that...........

we needed that vaseline before the games had started, it might have made it a little less "rough"

TFC Tifoso
08-01-2012, 10:03 AM
we needed that vaseline before the games had started, it might have made it a little less "rough"

that's true.....but then again, it could be used for many results this year......no need for a specific one.......

London
08-01-2012, 10:10 AM
greatest give away ever "mooozerella" , a certain long haired pretty boy from columbus would agree

canadian_bhoy
08-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Got a follow up call today. Didn't pick up.

My first question to them would be - why are you calling me when I said I did not want a follow up call?

1) this is what happens when you low ball employees and pay them 20k a year.

2) can't the club get anything remotely right? I mean, this is no big deal, but ffs.

gomesv
08-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Got a follow up call today. Didn't pick up.

My first question to them would be - why are you calling me when I said I did not want a follow up call?

1) this is what happens when you low ball employees and pay them 20k a year.

2) can't the club get anything remotely right? I mean, this is no big deal, but ffs.

Same here, got a call today....told them I checked off box not to receive a call... I have nothing else left to say.....he said i must have checked the wrong box.....can I suggest DESPERADO

scooter
08-01-2012, 08:03 PM
I too suggested this, along with lowering prices on food and beer.:hump:

thats going to happen

scooter
08-01-2012, 08:05 PM

x2 agreed but the only way to get it back is to become a winner so we cannot give up ever

billyfly
08-01-2012, 09:37 PM
I bitched and moaned about the Stadium.

Put up a real sign that says its Canada's Soccer Stadium. Work with the CSA.

Put a few pics up. A large TFC crest at one of the gates etc.

sulfur
08-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Trying to bring back Gategate there Billy? :)

billyfly
08-02-2012, 07:50 AM
I wont rest until its done.

Fort York Redcoat
08-02-2012, 08:04 AM
I already gave my reason in my post. I remarked that the club is fully aware of our actual attendance numbers and the fact that it's been in a steady decline for a couple of years now. They are a business with declining sales, therefore they want to pinpoint why the decline i happening to create new policies and program to stop and reverse that trend. These surveys help them do that.

Now, as for not filling it out and advocating so, what sort of message does that send? Certainly nothing they can definitely work off or even use as some indicator of apathy because I guarantee - and this is something that needs to be highlighted - the large majority of TFC fans who get this in the mail will also NOT fill out their survey. You and a handful of others here declining to fill out the survey creates no special abberation or fluctuation in their final tally of who didn't respond. Nobody at TFC is going to come to the shocking realization that you intentionally declined to complete your survey to display your apathy toward the club.

Because there is no significant difference between 12000 non-respondents and 12100 non-respondents, to do nothing intentionally makes FAR less an impact than anything else. If people don't want to respond to the email and fill out the survey, that's entirely up to them and I'm not effected either way by it, but I assure you that nobody at the club is going to assume people are displaying their apathy by not filling it out because so many others won't be filing theirs out either. It's all a matter of math.

^Understood. I think I know something about how these work, you think you know something about how these work. It all comes down to how the data will be used.

We totally disagree.

While I'm inclined to agree about response time with ensco and am not overly excited or anxious to let this new TFC marketing team how I feel I will fill out the survey if/when I get it. Why? Well first off I know I'm renewing so that a big part of it but also because it's still a vote for what I want. Whether they decide to appease me or muck it up as their predecessors did the last couple surveys if I don't participate I leave it up to them to try and get something right by chance. I just can't see that happening.

Also the apathy non-vote to make a stand is too much like not singing out of protest. No one can tell why your apathetic unless they are interwebz.

ensco
08-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Also the apathy non-vote to make a stand is too much like not singing out of protest. No one can tell why your apathetic unless they are interwebz.

Not what I am saying. I am not suggesting an apathy non-vote. I am suggesting that not responding is a conscious act that is far more likely to achieve specific near term results, based on some knowledge of how surveys like this are actually used.

A significant fall in response rate will catch their attention and mean something to them, in a language that these spreadsheet-addicted, manipulative, know-it-alls speak, in a way that nothing else could.

Fort York Redcoat
08-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Not what I am saying. I am not suggesting an apathy non-vote. I am suggesting that not responding is a conscious act that is far more likely to achieve specific near term results, based on some knowledge of how surveys like this are actually used.

A significant fall in response rate will catch their attention and mean something to them, in a language that these spreadsheet-addicted, manipulative, know-it-alls speak, in a way that nothing else could.

Sorry. Long night, wrong terms. No one can tell IF you're just apathetic or doing it for a reason. In the stands it makes less sense to me then what you're proposing or sharing here about the survey but again I have to ask whether I trust them to improve with info I keep giving them or consciously, as you say, not respond and hope that scares them to do the right things.

Both responses are rolls of the dice IMO but I feel more comfortable with the survey. Your way does send a message though.

ensco
08-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Both responses are rolls of the dice IMO but I feel more comfortable with the survey. Your way does send a message though.

We understand each other.

TFC John
08-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Ensco, after reading your posts and the debates you've had in this thread I think I understand your point. It is certainly not one that crossed my mind when I filled out the survey. They probably are more interested in response rate than in the actual response. However, in the off chance that after seeing the engagement level has dropped someone might bother to question why, I want my opinions to be available to them. As supporters we are not the typical customer of ML$E. We make up a small minority at the far end of the spectrum. Asking me if I am planning to renew is pointless. Of course I'll be back next year. There is almost nothing they can do to make me change my mind. I'm just that stupid; and I suspect there are many others on here as stupid as me. I understand that threatening to not renew is the strongest weapon I have but in reality I recognize it is an empty threat. Likewise, I understand your point that not filling out the survey might send a stronger message but I also think that ML$E would rather have 15,000 customers like me instead of the normal people who see a team that is consistently in last place and find better things to do with there time. I hope that some marketing guy is trying to figure out how to find more idiots like me instead of turning normal people into idiots. Obviously a winning team would solve all of their problems. However they either can't or won't make that happen. The next best thing is to get to know what the people who do show up like and give us more of that. Perhaps that is not how the real world works but what do I know? I'm still a fan of Toronto FC. Doesn't that show how out of touch with reality I am?

jimiv
08-02-2012, 01:58 PM
I received a follow up call to discuss my survey... here's what came out.

I suggested a new board over the south end for the north end of the stadium, answer was the north end has sup holders instead of a scoreboard, and those in the north end would be upset if they took the cup holders away... hmmmm, not a very good argument as I don't believe you cannot have both, but I would bet a lot of the season ticket holders in the north end would trade them in if that's what was necessary. Segued into my next comment about beer prices nicely with "I stopped using mine because beer prices are too high", it was pretty apparent there is no argument there, so he went back to expansion, apparently there would be expansion with a second tier in the east end (in a few years) before anything is built over the south side.

When I pressed on prices, he did mention that they are "looking into" freezing ticket prices again, and wouldn't be surprised if hey do.

That's about all, I was called when I walked in the door from work yesterday so I was completely off guard, a bunch of thoughts came to mind after I hung up.

gomesv
08-02-2012, 03:45 PM
During my conversation with a rep I received the following info...
1. They are talking about a price freeze for next three years
2. A promotion where food and beverage will be half price for SSH if they arrive before game begins.
3. Some other goodies? To be inc in season package

Not saying this is good enough just FYI

Detroit_TFC
08-02-2012, 04:02 PM
TFC/MLSE are one of those relationships where, when it should be about friendship it's about business, and when it should be about business, it's about friendship

Well said!

Brooker
08-02-2012, 04:29 PM

Woah. Nail on head.

billyfly
08-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Sounds like my work.

Oblio2
08-03-2012, 06:42 AM
I ripped them apart in the survey and said what lots of you said...and I indicated I DID NOT want a rep to call me to discuss this. Yup-They called.

Phil
08-09-2012, 02:54 PM
And here I thought they didnt want to hear from me.

It came in today...

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-09-2012, 03:23 PM

mlse dont care about scalpers...these so called brokers have gobbled up thousands of prime seats...these seats are paid for by these companys..take them out of the picture....and MLSE are stuck with thousands of unpaid prime empty seats....The way it stands the seats are still EMPTY but PAID FOR IN FULL :) ...same go's for leafs and raptors! As long as MLSE get there money....they dont care much of anything else

Ultra & Proud
08-09-2012, 03:45 PM
During my conversation with a rep I received the following info...
1. They are talking about a price freeze for next three years
2. A promotion where food and beverage will be half price for SSH if they arrive before game begins.
3. Some other goodies? To be inc in season package

Not saying this is good enough just FYI
But for me it's a good start. Number two may persuade the slow asses and fashionably late types to actually show up before half time. Maybe.

Ultra & Proud
08-09-2012, 03:51 PM
mlse dont care about scalpers.

Actually now they are starting to. When BMO was a 100% sell out and there were zero walk ups available then they didn't give a shit about scalpers. Now that there are plenty of tickets available at Gate 1 and they are promoting the tickets in their newspaper ads , I have seen them send security out to chase away the scalpers who are selling the tickets for less than face value. Have also heard about a few actually being arrested. Now that it hurts them a little, they care.

supersaint
08-09-2012, 09:35 PM
But for me it's a good start. Number two may persuade the slow asses and fashionably late types to actually show up before half time. Maybe.

I hate being late to the start of a game, but it is really tough to make it to a seven oclock start in midweek from Newmarket, after working til five. The DonValley can be a nightmare, so a lot of us are late yeah, but it really pisses us off.

Auzzy
08-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Got the survey today. Having trouble to be arsed about it.

Voodooman
08-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Meh I didn't get one, not on my priority list, seems like you all got it handled. To the OP, TFC should do something similar to the Jays Pass. It has my name, my section, seat, row etc, and it is scanned at every game I go to. Its much easier to carry in wallet, then look for the tickets all the time in my house.

T-boy
08-10-2012, 09:44 AM
I literally just got my email this morning! Going to reply - and don't worry lads, I'm not going to be all nice.

Canary10
08-10-2012, 10:14 AM
I literally just got my email this morning! Going to reply - and don't worry lads, I'm not going to be all nice.

Can someone tell us what it does to the validity of survey results to answer your own survey?

T-boy
08-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Can someone tell us what it does to the validity of survey results to answer your own survey?

Very funny! :p

Although I'm currently stuck on the first question: In your opinion, what are the two or three key things that
you would like improved upon with respect to your Season Seat experience?

I want to say something more than " a winning team" - as that will just promote them to try and get short term success! And I don't want to write "a roof" as that's clearly not going to happen!

nfitz
08-10-2012, 10:29 AM
I wrote a roof. Though, I don't think I've felt a drop of rain this year. A winning team? They come and go ... though I think I put that in too ...

T-boy
08-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Finished! Took me 45 minutes, I think I thought too much about it! I was frank though and didn't hold any punches.

Canary10
08-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Very funny! :p

Although I'm currently stuck on the first question: In your opinion, what are the two or three key things that
you would like improved upon with respect to your Season Seat experience?

I want to say something more than " a winning team" - as that will just promote them to try and get short term success! And I don't want to write "a roof" as that's clearly not going to happen!

Yeah, I was stuck on that question for a while too. I put a roof (or at least a long-term infrastructure plan for BMO that include a roof). And firing Mariner....

nfitz
08-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Finished! Took me 45 minutes, I think I thought too much about it! I was frank though and didn't hold any punches.Ah, you too said that your SSH experience would be improved by firing Tom Anselmi!

Firing Mariner? What, you'd prefer another guy who sits on the bench, and has no passion?

T-boy
08-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Ah, you too said that your SSH experience would be improved by firing Tom Anselmi!

Firing Mariner? What, you'd prefer another guy who sits on the bench, and has no passion?

You missed that I said I wanted cheerleaders in bikini's! Or you were reading the wrong survey!

nfitz
08-11-2012, 12:13 PM
You missed that I said I wanted cheerleaders in bikini's! Or you were reading the wrong survey!I assume that was a joke, as that's the last thing anyone would want.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
08-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Interesting that I didnt get a survey this year as I have always gotten one in previous years. Even if I had received it this year I would have ignored it. They can look back to my responses from years past as nothing has changed in my opinions on how to improve the club and clearly they know what they are doing.

Joe Kool
08-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Interesting that I didnt get a survey this year as I have always gotten one in previous years. Even if I had received it this year I would have ignored it. They can look back to my responses from years past as nothing has changed in my opinions on how to improve the club and clearly they know what they are doing.

Same here, got one every year but this one. Oh well, in the end I don't think these things really mean shit other than it being something that the front office can say they did to keep us happy when they are talking in future town halls or to their bosses. In all the years they only really seemed to care at all when the renewals dropped substantially that one year when they went for the next big cash grab. If the renewals drop enough we will see them jump a bit but until they get to the last few days of renewals we won't hear much about it I don't think. I am on the fence about my renewal due to other circumstances but if they move the price up 1 cent I will definitely not renew. They are expensive enough as it is compared to other teams in the league. Too many tickets available at cheap rates if I ever wanted to go. Tom says it's all supply and demand when they raised prices so that means prices should decrease if he still lives by that. Maybe he will just come out again and say "I screwed up".

ryan
08-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Didn't get one, bastards. Was really looking forward to clicking "move to trash" in my inbox.

Suds
08-14-2012, 09:52 AM
I received it late last week. So they have still been sending them out.