PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC to add forward Amarikwa

TOBOR !
07-19-2012, 01:15 PM
With Danny Koevermans gone for the rest of the MLS season, Toronto FC is not so surprisingly looking to bolster its depth at the forward position.
TFC is very close to signing free-agent forward Quincy Amarikwa and could announce the deal as soon either Thursday or Friday, sources confirmed to sportsnet.ca.

link : http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/07/19/mls_toronto_fc_quincy_amarikwa/

Mods - please merge with TFC player movement thread, but leave redirect.

Peace.

TOBOR !
07-19-2012, 01:20 PM
just read this bit :

Both sources said the team has not filed any paper work with the league, but that they expect the deal to go through, barring the Reds changing their mind about Amarikwa at the last minute.

There may be a story, and here it is, but it may not happen, just sayin'.

The new media is just one gigantic internet message board.

TOBOR !
07-19-2012, 01:25 PM
http://www.quincyamarikwa.com/

no, really... check it out.

It's good to have something to fall back on.

ManUtd4ever
07-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Online scouting reports suggest that Amarikwa is fast, all hustle, but a poor finisher. He might be a solid defensive option off the bench in the offensive third of the pitch to help protect a lead late in games.

Fort York Redcoat
07-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Amarikwa?

F*ck Yeah!

*first

johnmolinaro
07-19-2012, 02:01 PM
just read this bit :

There may be a story, and here it is, but it may not happen, just sayin'.

The new media is just one gigantic internet message board.

Like with anything, the deal could fall apart if TFC changes its mind at last second. But after talking to my soruces, I'd be VERY surprised if it didn't happen. Likely announced today or tomorrow.

John

TOBOR !
07-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Like with anything, the deal could fall apart if TFC changes its mind at last second. But after talking to my soruces, I'd be VERY surprised if it didn't happen. Likely announced today or tomorrow.

John

Thanks John - it's got to be tough to be a journo and cover your rear. It wouldn't be necessary, I suppose, if folk weren't so quick to jump all over anyone who gets a story wrong for whatever reason.

johnmolinaro
07-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks John - it's got to be tough to be a journo and cover your rear. It wouldn't be necessary, I suppose, if folk weren't so quick to jump all over anyone who gets a story wrong for whatever reason.

It is tough, but it's part of the job. As far as people jumping on you for getting story wrong, that's part of the job, too. I criticize players for their mistakes, readers are entitled to do the same with me.
john

Brooker
07-19-2012, 02:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGUORSB1V14

Stryker
07-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Whoopty freakin doo.

Stouffville_RPB
07-19-2012, 03:26 PM
4 goals in 56 professional games spanning 2009 to 2012

Hardly reinforcements

moralis
07-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Amarikwa is not really a forward. He play's mostly on the wings, particularity the right wing. He's pretty much a cheaper substitute for Soolsma.

Amarikwa made $44,100 with the Colorado Rapids. He may get a raise to $60,000. Half of what Soolsma made, which was $110,000.

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/May%2015,%202012%20Salary%20Information%20-%20By%20Club.pdf

Batman
07-19-2012, 04:04 PM
not good enough for Colorado... some help.

ArmenJBX
07-19-2012, 04:09 PM
At this point if we're playing for Amerikwa then we have a problem. Either Makubuya or Vukovic would be smarter options imo.

BayernTFC
07-19-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm getting that funny deja vu feeling again. Doesn't TFC have enough experience with castoffs from Colorado? How does that saying go again? Something about learning from past mistakes?

At this point if we're playing for Amerikwa then we have a problem.
He's not the sign I've been looking for.

Either Makubuya or Vukovic would be smarter options imo.

Super
07-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Depth player. Surely more players are to come - and hopefully the DP CB that we need so badly.

ManUtd4ever
07-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Depth player. Surely more players are to come - and hopefully the DP CB that we need so badly.

Great Avatar! :lol:

mdc 77
07-20-2012, 06:59 AM
So this guy is cheaper than Soolsma and doesn't take up an international spot, he has produced at about the same rate as Soolsma as well but has more speed. Good trade off, simply a depth move...well done I guess.

scooter
07-20-2012, 08:05 AM
we need someone explosive in the front ffs----this sounds like jokes------i hope i am wrong-----season is fooked anyways is there not an acadamy player who could get some minutes

jabbronies
07-20-2012, 09:13 AM
So this guy is cheaper than Soolsma and doesn't take up an international spot, he has produced at about the same rate as Soolsma as well but has more speed. Good trade off, simply a depth move...well done I guess.

Agreed. Although I was a Soolsma fan, I do think this was a better swap - on paper at least. We'll see how he actually plays.
The one thing I liked about Soolsma was that he could move the ball up and create chances on that wing. That is what I'd expect this guy to do.

reggie
07-20-2012, 09:27 AM
so have they signed this dude yet...maybe EC cant close the deal yet,that would be a shocker.