PDA

View Full Version : Get Your Customized TFC Watch

WestStandGeoff
07-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Just saw an email from TFC peddling TFC watches by (of course) Esquire...

ESQ by Movado, Toronto FC, and the MLSE Team Up Foundation have worked together to offer Season Seat Holders first chance to create their own customized ESQ Toronto FC Fanwatch.

ALL NET PROCEEDS from each sale will benefit the MLSE Team Up Foundation, which funds the refurbishment of soccer pitches and provides grants to charitable organizations that support kids through sports and recreation programming.

There are limited watches available with only 200 of each style. Many customizable options include logo placement, custom inscription and other personalized options, the perfect gift for any Toronto FC supporter. You can also browse the designs for Paul Mariner, Jimmy Brennan and Torsten Frings.

Since it's a TFC watch, are the internal working going to need replacement every year (or less)?

Huyton
07-17-2012, 03:54 PM
I'd much rather have a TFC Graphic license plate.

Brooker
07-17-2012, 04:46 PM
How dare they sell watches for charity. Disgusting MLSE.

Gazza
07-17-2012, 04:50 PM
It's only right twice a day.

Redcoe15
07-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Does it move backwards?

TOBOR !
07-17-2012, 08:44 PM
I was gonna post this, but couldn't be bothered. I have seen the error of my ways - this has the potential for thread of the year.

WestStandGeoff
07-17-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm just glad to finally have an Esquire TFC option to keep track of Esquire added time. It's just felt so wrong until now.

TOBOR !
07-17-2012, 08:53 PM
This exquisite time piece has dutch movement - no, wait - has British movement with Dutch components.. hold on.. not any more.. used to have South American winding accompanied by German precision. No-one kmows how long this showpiece will last. You are urged to get yours before they run down... out... before they run out.

Code Red
07-17-2012, 08:57 PM
I'll wait for the customized TFC ring.

Stouffville_RPB
07-17-2012, 08:59 PM
The time is permanently set to 11:13

Gazza
07-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Now we can officially keep track of how long it will be until we make the playoffs.

khso11
07-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Im not a season ticket holder, but I do have all the tickets to every home game, is there a way that I can buy the watch? And how much is it?

Chevy
07-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Worst Watch in The World? Replace Kanye with Tommy Boy and you have a winner....er...loser!
http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Kanye_West_watch.jpg?

DOMIN8R
07-17-2012, 09:38 PM
This exquisite time piece has dutch movement - no, wait - has British movement with Dutch components.. hold on.. not any more.. used to have South American winding accompanied by German precision. No-one kmows how long this showpiece will last. You are urged to get yours before they run down... out... before they run out.

Now wait, Robot. The Dutchman was losing face, hands down, for his alarming, wristy behavior. On suicide watch, the MLSE brain trust feared Dutch disease - offered him stoppage time. He didn’t think he had a second chance. It was crystal clear to him that it was time to disband. And now it's someone else's time to shine.

And, for the record, even our Swiss time piece has broken and may not be repairable. I guess we'll have to just watch and see. Or should I spell that weight and see. No, of course not - that would be weight watchers or wait and watch.......

Holly F8ck I could be up all night posting in this thread. Reaches for his meds.

TOBOR !
07-17-2012, 10:33 PM
^ Gold !

TOBOR !
07-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Im not a season ticket holder, but I do have all the tickets to every home game, is there a way that I can buy the watch? And how much is it? it's $249. Dunno if anyone can order - you may be required to submit an account number.

Nobody in their right mind would order one of these

Phil
07-17-2012, 10:47 PM
^^^ you will pay more on the TFC credit card interest, LOL

KGsQ5n9Qu0A

Lets wait till we are winning tough.

ensco
07-18-2012, 04:27 AM
I want one with a picture of the true unsung hero of TFC, David Miller. Without Miller there would be no BMO, or TFC.

I actually thought that TFC-branded Kia car that they gave away was kind of cool. But something about this feels off.

TFC Tifoso
07-18-2012, 06:40 AM
does the watch break down just after 85 minutes of use?...........

Derko
07-18-2012, 06:51 AM
I'd much rather have a TFC Graphic license plate.

Me too!!

jabbronies
07-18-2012, 07:04 AM
I want one with a picture of the true unsung hero of TFC, David Miller. Without Miller there would be no BMO, or TFC.

I actually thought that TFC-branded Kia car that they gave away was kind of cool. But something about this feels off.

Ya I actually liked the Kia car.
This watch sucks IMO. I'd love to know how much of the money actually goes to charity and how much goes to "other expenses" to run the charity.

Technorgasm
07-18-2012, 07:09 AM
Click here (http://click.mlsefanmail.com/?qs=6d0450a61cea51dd8799635074dbd59e1f82bf1a424742 a75884fe63637e4093) and use the password FANWATCH to get your exclusive opportunity to design your own.

http://is200.imagesocket.com/images/2012/07/18/2501208-5rta.PNG

__wowza
07-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Click here (http://click.mlsefanmail.com/?qs=6d0450a61cea51dd8799635074dbd59e1f82bf1a424742 a75884fe63637e4093) and use the password FANWATCH to get your exclusive opportunity to design your own.

design my own? i want mine to say "THE NORB" on the back too!!

jasonbanks
07-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Wow. I see everyone is still dumping on the team in any way possible. Is this actually a SUPPORTERS board? You guys are unreal. With supporters like this Toronto sure as hell does need enemies.

narduch
07-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Wow. I see everyone is still dumping on the team in any way possible. Is this actually a SUPPORTERS board? You guys are unreal. With supporters like this Toronto sure as hell does need enemies.

Have you considered maybe having a sense of humour about this? That's what the rest of us are doing.

Get over yourself.

Gazza
07-18-2012, 08:53 PM

Shall we put you down for two watches?

__wowza
07-19-2012, 07:43 AM

you're lucky you weren't around for the TFC donut announcement.
why didn't they issue a new one when aaron took over? we could've had a red/grey/white dutchie!!

jasonbanks
07-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Have you considered maybe having a sense of humour about this? That's what the rest of us are doing.

Get over yourself.

Honestly after everything I see being thrown around, there is nothing to hint at this as satire. Nothing to get over, simple observation.

jasonbanks
07-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Shall we put you down for two watches?

If I had the spare cash, I would have ordered the sport watch without hesitation and worn it proudly. It is a nice looking watch, and for a good cause.

narduch
07-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Honestly after everything I see being thrown around, there is nothing to hint at this as satire. Nothing to get over, simple observation.

And it was a poor observation....

Funny how you only seem to care about this one topic.

Auzzy
07-26-2012, 10:21 PM
In the context of this transfer deadline, I now wonder if the TFC watch is permanently stuck at 5 minutes past 12.

narduch
07-26-2012, 10:23 PM
In the context of this transfer deadline, I now wonder if the TFC watch is permanently stuck at 5 minutes past 12.

Haha. And the date is July 26!

jasonbanks
07-26-2012, 10:28 PM
And it was a poor observation....

Funny how you only seem to care about this one topic.

Don't quite understand what you are going after here. For a long time I have read game threads of 'supporters' continually dumping on the team, even though there has been a significant turn about from where we started the season. From that, Reading the comments in this thread regarding replacing parts, it will be right twice a day, etc, one can easily come to the conclusion that they are just yet another knock at the team. It is hard to believe those comments were made in jovial good humor based on the atmosphere of late. Disagree if you wish, but the posts in the game threads speak for themselves.

I do not understand your comment that 'this is the only topic I care about'. If you mean the unwaivered support of Toronto FC, then you're damn right!

Auzzy
07-26-2012, 10:35 PM
^ TFC wasn't founded halfway through this season. After 5 1/2 years of mostly failure, of repeated hopes that "this coach" or "this player" or "this system" will finally turn things around for the long term -- if after all that we can't make a few lame jokes about something as trivial as a customized TFC watch, then... I don't know what to say.

ag futbol
07-26-2012, 11:02 PM
^ TFC wasn't founded halfway through this season. After 5 1/2 years of mostly failure, of repeated hopes that "this coach" or "this player" or "this system" will finally turn things around for the long term -- if after all that we can't make a few lame jokes about something as trivial as a customized TFC watch, then... I don't know what to say.
How dare you dump on the TFC timepiece

jasonbanks
07-26-2012, 11:02 PM
^ TFC wasn't founded halfway through this season. After 5 1/2 years of mostly failure, of repeated hopes that "this coach" or "this player" or "this system" will finally turn things around in the long term -- if after all that we can't make a few lame jokes about something as trivial as a customized TFC watch, then... I don't know what to say.

Honestly you are right, it is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I guess I am the kind of supporter who believes in seeing how things play out, not jumping to immediate conclusions based on (terrible) history. I am the eternal optimist. The prior/current negativity has just rubbed me the wrong way.

I do not wish nor intended to hijack this thread, so I shall leave it be.

Brooker
07-27-2012, 05:56 AM
How dare you dump on the TFC timepiece

Timepiece! LMAO.

jaahuuu
07-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Since it's a TFC watch, are the internal working going to need replacement every year (or less)?The parts won't work well together and the back will constantly fall apart.

it's $249. Dunno if anyone can order - you may be required to submit an account number.

Nobody in their right mind would order one of theseWhy not?
If I had the extra cash I'd get one. The MSRP on the standard ones (ie no TFC logo) is US$295.

TOBOR !
07-27-2012, 08:24 AM
If I had the extra cash I'd get one. The MSRP on the standard ones (ie no TFC logo) is US$295.

lulz - regularly $295, but you get a deal if you take one with a TFC crest on it.

Abou Sky
07-27-2012, 08:42 AM

http://is200.imagesocket.com/images/2012/07/18/2501208-5rta.PNG

I will wait until a for real watch starts to sponsor TFC, yes, I would be all over a Rolex/Omega/Brietling/IWC watch with TFC on it.

ESQ, not so much.

Northern Soul
07-27-2012, 09:05 AM
design my own? i want mine to say "THE NORB" on the back too!!

Can we all get one with "THE NORB" on the back?! That would be sweet. But someone would have to buy this for me...I don't want to spend any money on it. :)

DangerRed
07-27-2012, 09:36 AM
It's $249.. but you also have to buy the Marlies beltbuckle for $1,769 if you want a chance to buy the watch.

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!
http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/jpg/troll-troll-dad-dance-jump.jpg

jaahuuu
07-27-2012, 12:45 PM
I will wait until a for real watch starts to sponsor TFC, yes, I would be all over a Rolex/Omega/Brietling/IWC watch with TFC on it.

ESQ, not so much.
ESQ is owned by the Movado Group, there's probably a better return if they sponsor the team with the ESQ brand than the Movado brand, plus if they sent out this email but it was for a $1000+ Movado everybody would be bitching that MLSE is completely out of touch with their fan base.

I'd bet these watches will be discontinued soon, and this is a way to move a few hundred pieces pretty quickly.

tiberius
07-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Honestly you are right, it is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I guess I am the kind of supporter who believes in seeing how things play out, not jumping to immediate conclusions based on (terrible) history. I am the eternal optimist. The prior/current negativity has just rubbed me the wrong way.

I do not wish nor intended to hijack this thread, so I shall leave it be.

Hey Jason - just try to grab the lighter side of this one...

Part of the humour/negativity revolves around the fact that season ticket holders located in the south end are not the typical target audience for a $300 watch - that's a season worth of tickets!! In fact I don't know anyone who has $300 or a watch :) - unless you consider an i-Phone a watch... Its the mismatch between what the Front Office is trying to achieve, and how they go about it that causes continued hilarity. Their next email will probably be about a great deal on caviar, or truffles, or a $10,000 off coupon at the Jaguar dealership. It is slapstick - it is monty python - it is The Office.... it is the supporter's section... Another layer on this is the quality of some of the cheap crap merchandise that has been pawned off on fans over the years. I purchased a Toronto FC "timepiece" in 2008 - what a piece of shit - didn't work from the day I got it.... ya tink I'd buy me anudder one?

More importantly, to put the current message board humour/irony/cynicism in context, in 2007 there was a little known subclause inserted into the fine print of the RPB charter...

[insert RPB Charter snippet]

Sec IV 13c) states:

IV 13c) CLUSTERFUCK. Where to fore, if Toronto FC ever experiences a 5 1/2 year clusterfuck, all members and
forum guests are required, by charter, to mock the Front Office mercilessly for an amount
of time equal to the clusterfuck.

IV 13d) PENALTIES. Where as, and what fore, Failure to invoke the clusterfuck/humour section of this charter
will result in forum members fighting each other, banning each other and performing message board suicide
(clinically known as "RPB Eff You Very Much Syndrome").

Sec IV 13e) goes on to say:

IV 13e) EXCEPTION. When is, and who's that, the merciless mockery outlined in sec 13c) can be terminated early, if the four horses of the apocalypse ride in and carry off the three stooges, all of their baggage and watches
and all their effing useless minions.

Shakes McQueen
07-30-2012, 03:11 PM
It's $249.. but you also have to buy the Marlies beltbuckle for $1,769 if you want a chance to buy the watch.

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!
http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/jpg/troll-troll-dad-dance-jump.jpg

Hiyooooooo!!!!! :D

In all seriousness though, if I had $249 laying around, I'd probably get one. A nice TFC watch would be cool to have.

Alas, I don't have that money laying around, and the team haven't exactly infused me with the desire to run out and get one anyway.

Fix the team, then sell me watches.

- Scott

T-boy
07-30-2012, 03:14 PM
I wish I had time to get one of these......!

MartinUtd
08-01-2012, 04:03 PM
I'm still holding out for my Quincy Amerikwa fat head.

Brooker
08-01-2012, 04:15 PM
lulz - regularly $295, but you get a deal if you take one with a TFC crest on it.

And it's for charity....

pekduck
08-01-2012, 04:32 PM
And it's for charity. Don't let that get in the way of a good MLSE bashing.

Charity is not a catch all clause. MLSE's charity is one of the least efficiently run charities out there. When donating to charities, know how much of a dollar you donated actually went to the people in need and how much become fundraising cost, administrative overhead and 6 figure+ salaries of the charity senior managements. Besides, how much of the purchase actually goes to team up foundation?

Here is a link to MLSE Team Up Foundation's financial report.

http://mlseteamupfoundation.org/media/81678/mlse_team_up_foundation_financials_-_june_30_2011.pdf

Here's a link to CCS's financial report

http://www.cancer.ca/Canada-wide/About%20us/~/media/CCS/Canada%20wide/Files%20List/English%20files%20heading/pdf%20not%20in%20publications%20section/Financial%20statements%20-%202011-2012%20EN.ashx

Compare the revenue and actual money spent on charitable activities and the overhead on administration. May be I'm just cynical today....

MartinUtd
08-01-2012, 06:01 PM
To add to that cynicism, my take on corporations selling gifts for "charity" it's that is likely a scheme to receive a few tax credits and good PR. After all, who's name is on the donation receipt?

ryan
08-01-2012, 06:29 PM
To add to that cynicism, my take on corporations selling gifts for "charity" it's that is likely a scheme to receive a few tax credits and good PR. After all, who's name is on the donation receipt?

Is it really cynical when you're discussing MLSE and profits? This organization doesn't do one damn thing that isn't in the best interest of Larry and the Teachers pocket books. Not one. Soon enough it'll be Larry and the Cable guys, but you get the point.