PDA

View Full Version : The Year of Hell

Initial B
07-17-2012, 08:53 AM
Is it safe to say that this is the worst season ever for TFC? Cursed Annus Horribilus and all that. Nothing seems to be going our way. We had Frei break his leg in practice. We broke the record for worst start in a season. We've had two DPs go down with injuries and traded away our third. We have the third highest payroll in the league and we're in last place. We sacked the coach and did a complete 180 switch of playing style. We have a Front Office that does not know what it is doing and no plan how to navigate out of this mess. We have an organization that relies on spin to keep fans distracted. We have polarized hardcore supporters with a huge amount of pent-up rage that can't agree on anything except that Anselmi must go. We are beyond the laughingstock of MLS to the point that other supporters feel nothing but pity for us. At least in the first season there was hope that things would improve from there, but we've been spinning our wheels for the last 6 years sliding backward and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

I would like to see this declared officially as TFC's Year of Hell. This year should be the benchmark by which all other years will be measured in the future as to how bad things can get.

I'm praying that we have finally used up all the bad karma from the Mo Years and that Bell/Rogers leadership will lead to better days (If anything they did with the Blue Jays can translate to MLSE). I mean, this has to be the nadir of the Team's history, right? Things have to get better because this year will be the worst in team history. Hopefully 5 years from now we can all look back and point to this season as the point where everything started to turn around.

So what would it take to start this journey? Despite our different opinions, what can we all agree on that would help raise us from the depths of despair?

Richard
07-17-2012, 09:03 AM
One thing i learned is this team always gets to a new low, its never safe to say it cant get worse.

Phil
07-17-2012, 09:03 AM
New CCL season starts soon and the transfer window is still open.

I understand its tough times, but its on us to keep that candle burning.

Furtado91
07-17-2012, 09:09 AM

I hate to say it but with koevermans out, how will we even stand a chance against santos Laguna? we have lost tons of players that even remotely gave us a chance. if we somehow won i think there would be a huge party, but it doesn't look good.

Derko
07-17-2012, 09:21 AM
Have we Blasphemed against the Football Gods

__wowza
07-17-2012, 09:27 AM
two words: rally. cap.

http://www.beloblog.com/Pe_Blogs/prosports/0426080010.jpg

Gazza
07-17-2012, 09:27 AM
I think it's a curse and a black cloud on Toronto sport's teams in general.

Joe Kool
07-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Already having a very rough year in my personal life....didn't really need TFC to tank too. Seeing Koevermans update and Vancouver signing Kenny Miller killed my morning. Hopefully the team can pull it together. I have the feeling we will see alot more 'park the bus' play coming until they get the offense sorted.

Greatest Ripoff
07-17-2012, 09:28 AM
I hate to say it but with koevermans out, how will we even stand a chance against santos Laguna? we have lost tons of players that even remotely gave us a chance. if we somehow won i think there would be a huge party, but it doesn't look good.

Yes, the players who were the best for us against Santos Laguna in the semis have been moved out. I am excited for that match but a little worried.

Fort York Redcoat
07-17-2012, 09:56 AM

There's seldom been games we were favoured to win in CCL.

bigredone
07-17-2012, 10:23 AM

You make me want to start chanting "TFC, TFC, TFC" loud and proud!!!

When Koevs went down I almost cried, but now, given our "year of hell" all I want is some revenge.

Cheer like your on top, fight like your at the bottom and never, ever give up on hope! We can win!

Phil
07-17-2012, 10:25 AM
You make me want to start chanting "TFC, TFC, TFC" loud and proud!!!

When Koevs went down I almost cried, but now, given our "year of hell" all I want is some revenge.

Cheer like your on top, fight like your at the bottom and never, ever give up on hope! We can win!

Damn straight.

Never give up. Ever.

Through all of the highs and lows.

dupont
07-17-2012, 10:31 AM
What I have been doing this season, is just look at each game as a self-contained event. I pretend the season doesn't exist as a whole and just celebrate each win as if we just captured the MLS Cup. It's been working for me as a way to keep my enthusiasm up.

Super
07-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Damn straight.

Never give up. Ever.

Through all of the highs and lows.

Still waiting on the highs, though. But they'll come.

jloome
07-17-2012, 10:57 AM

Phil, you're a mensch.

But I had to laugh, because if you follow your first sentence from the prior post, I expected you're second line to be,

"The CCL represents a whole new avenue in which things can go wrong!"

Code Red
07-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Yes, this is most certainly "The Year of Hell" and more. Things have never been this bad. We have nothing but the CCL to look forward to for the rest of the season and even that looks bleak. But if the last edition of CCL has taught us anything is that anything is possible.

Loyal We Began, Loyal We Remain. :flare:

__wowza
07-17-2012, 11:56 AM
if it makes you guys feel any better, a few of the other MLS supporters over on reddit have toronto pegged as a team most likely to improve. one man even went so far as to say.. wait for it..

TFC WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.:hump:

ensco
07-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Not the Year from Hell. Columbus suck also. We are only six points behind them. As long as we catch them, it's OK.

Beach_Red
07-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Not the Year from Hell. Columbus suck also. We are only six points behind them. As long as we catch them, it's OK.

And as long as we finish ahead of Montreal.

ManUtd4ever
07-17-2012, 12:15 PM
If there's one thing I've learned as a TFC supporter since day one, it's that you can never count out this team. All seems lost at the present time, but historically, TFC has risen to the occassion when the chips are down.

maxpower
07-17-2012, 12:21 PM
If there's one thing I've learned as a TFC supporter since day one, it's that you can never count out this team. All seems lost at the present time, but historically, TFC has risen to the occassion when the chips are down.

We're just gonna go ahead and forget the 5-0 loss in New York? cuz for me that's the only time the chips have ever really​ been down.

Phil
07-17-2012, 12:31 PM

ahhh yes, the team that is the colour of piss...good point.

I did learn a new word: mensch, thanks!

ManUtd4ever
07-17-2012, 12:52 PM
We're just gonna go ahead and forget the 5-0 loss in New York? cuz for me that's the only time the chips have ever really​ been down.

No, that's when TFC was expected to win, and the 5-0 loss was a huge letdown.

TFC has a tendency to come up big when expectations are low.

TOBOR !
07-17-2012, 01:09 PM
One thing i learned is this team always gets to a new low, its never safe to say it cant get worse.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/worst-day-of-your-life-so-far.jpg

Walms
07-17-2012, 03:37 PM
And as long as we finish ahead of Montreal.

I could not agree more! it will feel like the Voyegers Cup all over again when/if we can beat them at home in October, and it would make it all the sweeter if that lets us finish ahead of them this season

Never Lose Hope, Never Stop Cheering, Just Drink More Overpriced Beer :drinking: