PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now?

BayernTFC
07-15-2012, 01:26 PM
I did a quick search for a catch all thread, but I didn't see one. My apologies if there is one already.

Perhaps some members of the forum are interested in knowing how former TFC players are doing and where they might currently be playing. Maxim Usanov is now in the Russian First Division with FC Petrotrest Saint Petersburg:

http://www.fc-petrotrest.ru/?part=8&idi=158

He saw action in Petrotrest's season opener away against Ural Sverdlovsk Oblast. Maxim was a 73" minute sub for Mikhail Kozlov.

Maxim has an interesting commentary on his time with TFC which can be found here:

http://www.peoples.ru/sport/football/maxim_usanov/interview.html

Toronto

Tell us how to get from the first division in the MLS?
- A friend of mine had agents who sent it to the "Derby", and their office is located in England. And sometime in early January of last year we sent them my CV, and two months later they called me and said that "Toronto" is looking right back, called the approximate money. Then immediately decided for myself that try to be unique. Packed up, went to Warsaw - there is just one day I had a visa, and I flew away. Even in Toronto, on view, apparently, liked the coach, so to train seven days, has signed a contract, and in the first official match came in the way.
Choice between Russia and Canada was not?
- Was almost ready to deal with a Russian club. But you know, I wanted to play in a country where people go to football, love football. Where conditions have been created for the game. I prior to departure, in principle, has collected some information about stadiums, infrastructure, traffic and the popularity of football. In Toronto, this all right, so I quickly realized that you need to leave.
Do you remember your first days in Canada?
- I remember that the language at first I hardly knew, and therefore was due largely gestures. But it helped that I spoke with one Latvians, who was fluent in English. He initially helped me a lot, sometimes to be my interpreter. And so - arrived at the airport, we met a taxi, drove to the hotel. The next day we had a day off, so little time to walk around and see how it works. And then, when we started playing, training, and went a full life, which to some domestic issues was no longer any time. We arrived early in the month of the championship, and it so happened that I did things back in no time - decided that I would go even then, when the championship is going to break.
We lived in a hotel?
- The first month and a half - yes. The club then I paid for housing. And then I was introduced to Russian real estate agent - we traveled with him, look, and quickly found a suitable option. In fact, to find a Russian in Toronto that can help you with something, it was easy - my English is given in this respect, everything turned out well. Although at the end of the year I could easily solve all their problems without any outside help - in my language, of course, not perfect, but I understand I can explain myself.
Leisure time spent with the Russian?
- Most of my girlfriend (laughs). We lived in downtown, near the stadium, because the training was very early, and the majority of Russian living outside the city. Therefore, even if desired, particularly the possibility of contact with them was not. Communicate mostly with each other and one guy from Latvia - he also lived in Toronto with his bride. Well, with team-mates, of course. The staff in the "Toronto" was quite friendly, we are often invited somewhere, so that any problems in this respect did not arise.
Restaurants, clubs in Toronto like?
- After Riga, to be honest, I have no surprise. There is a number of different places that if you want some new experiences, you have a road - Las Vegas. It has already been nowhere. But to Las Vegas, I still have not arrived, and in Toronto, especially with restaurants, sometimes there were problems. We visited many places, but always frequented by only one where the price-quality ratio was more or less adequate. In the United States in this regard, of course, easier - to find a good, tasty place easily, and the prices modest.
Sometimes, such that they did not know what to do with your spare time?
- The fact that free time was not so much. Sometimes it went to the movies, yes, but it was for me more than the English lesson. In addition, the same bored did not give the club: some events were held constant - appearances, as they say, in which players were involved. We met with the children, with sponsors, came to the opening of bars and shops. Therefore it was necessary to ever be around, talk to someone, to be photographed. In my case, especially at first, exclusively photographed (laughs). In general, do not have to be bored.
"Toronto"

Your first match for the "Toronto" - it was a game?
- The first home game of the season, with the "Philadelphia." I remember the first few minutes of a stadium packed to capacity, the Canadian national anthem booming - even goose bumps ran. Although for me, the match is formed so-so: in the first half was yellow, from me, a minute before the break, scored a goal (laughs). As a result of changed - terribly sad time. In general, the first attempt came out a success, although the team and won 2-1. Later, more or less poobtersya, and everything went well.
Tell us about the fans.
- In general, all MLS stadiums are sick fun, but in "Toronto" is particularly active. There is no though in a theater play, in silence - always sing, paint banners. I find it hard to compare with something. Perhaps something in the spirit of the English Championship, if you have been to the games. In fact, really, all very civilized, peaceful. Of course, if the club some problems in the stands and protests, and even express something like that, but in general strongly supported, even when the results are so-so. We are, at least, never booed (Laughs).
What is the status of the "Toronto" in the MLS?
- In general, the club is still very young - "Toronto" just five years - and today the team has never been published in the playoffs. It is a pity that it has not been done in the past year, but now it's new leadership, new coaches, so they all just ahead. In addition, last year the club first participated in the CONCACAF Champions League, due to the fact that the year before he became the champion of Canada. True, and in the Champions League in the playoffs to break and could not - did not have just two points. In addition, in the "Toronto" just in time changed the coach, and, in my opinion, this was not the best solution. As a result, we are left without a play-off Champions League, and without a playoff MLS. With the advent of Dasovicha (Nick Dasovich - approx. Sports.ru) we have, by the way, a terrible series began - missing almost three goals per game, lost. Why not? In Prek (Predrag Radosavljevic - former coach of "Toronto" - approx. Sports.ru) no one allowed himself to hackwork, relax - it is their authority to keep us in check, some are even afraid of him. In Dasovicha do not succeed. Floated in a word.
However, as in the past year, Canada became a champion - what is the title?
- Not the most prestigious, of course, but in any case, it was nice to be a champion of the country, besides, this is the cup gives the right to participate in the Champions League. In fact, the win was not that simple: the cup is played between the three clubs - "Toronto", "Vancouver" and "Montreal", and had to play on the road - though carried out in parallel matches and MLS, and the Champions League. It was very hard - after all matches are considered fundamental, came a lot of fans on the field no one is spared. Cool it, in fact, very interesting. It is also, incidentally, was my first gold - I was a bronze, silver medalist in Latvia, but the champion had not become anywhere.
The level of MLS and the team championship of Canada are very different?
- In fact, if they differ, slightly. "Vancouver", by the way, this year, comes into MLS, «Montreal" - next year. "Montreal" I do very much - great team, in my opinion.

BayernTFC
07-15-2012, 01:28 PM
There were too many characters to post everything together, so here is the remainder of Maxim's comments:

U.S., Cuba, Russia, Latvia, Canada

- All this year - one was impressed. New country, new town, new team, new rivals. Crazy impressed with Seattle, where everyone gathers match sold out - which in Russia is possible to see? And there you come, and all thirty-five thousand sing something, support the team. Yes, the city itself is beautiful. In away matches, we flew the day before, so that the evening is completely dedicated himself - could go to a restaurant somewhere else, just take a walk. Although if you had a very long trip, to fly out and two days, but it very rarely happened. Two or three times per season.
Washington, DC, Los Angeles, New York - what city is particularly etched in my memory?
- In fact, all of the city very much. In Los Angeles, we had three days off - decided not to waste time, take a car and drove along the coast: Malibu, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills. Everyone looked everywhere visited. Wow, what can I say. The mass of impressions. Witness the Hollywood swim in the ocean. Los Angeles has very much liked. A New York - it is certainly quite mad city. I can not tell you that much time to see, because it was necessary to prepare for the game, and time enough only to have to go out for dinner. But the atmosphere of New York, its constant movement, frantic pace - it's amazing. While I in cities such a strange feeling - I feel much more comfortable in smaller and quieter.
Where is not recognized on the streets?
- (Laughs). By the way, if I was in Canada almost did not recognize, when we are at the end of the season went to Cuba - for Canadians is a kind of Egypt to the Russian - there is already recognized by many. Came up and wished good luck. Actually, probably Cuba - this is the most vivid impression (laughs). We wanted a very long time to get there, but from St. Petersburg and Riga is still very far away, so did not dare. And here turned up such an opportunity - and not too expensive, and long to fly, so we did not even choose where to spend your vacation. Had already decided that they spend ten days in Cuba and, frankly, were ecstatic. See how people are still living under communism, how life works, and just walk in Havana, admire the views - it was all very interesting.
In Russia, have not dropped in?
- Flew immediately after the departure of the "Toronto". At home in St. Petersburg, spent about a month, and is closer to the Catholic Christmas, returned to Riga - my girlfriend is a native of Latvia, and for them it is a very big holiday, so I could not miss it. Actually, I think, the way Christmas is celebrated in Europe, in Canada - a must-see. I'm not Catholic, but even I have been in Toronto for six to eight weeks there was a feeling within the grand holiday - I do not know about you, but I have in Russia is almost never happened. And everything is so beautiful that it seems as if you really got into a fairy tale: adorned windows, svyatyaschiesya trees at every turn. And these huge trees in shopping malls with crazy toys and occasionally falling from above the artificial snow. This is so imbued with the festive atmosphere that is ready to ride almost every day for the gifts (laughs).
In Canada, some found the holidays?
- I remember the day, Canada - with fireworks, festivals, but I, frankly, that day is so tired that I only looked out the window several times and all. There was another day to fight breast cancer. I remember that even a few days practicing with pink balls. At first I did not know this, and then look at - our goalkeeper came from the premise of "Adidas" with pink gloves. He began his pin up, and only then learned that the pink color - the main color of the day. We are all pink and towels are handed out, and T-Shirts, and balls. In general, it is strange, but the most memorable summit "Twenty Grand", when the city barricaded, and could neither walk nor ride. Prior to the stadium I was an hour and a half to get, instead of the usual twenty minutes.
MLS

Rafael Marquez (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.peoples.ru/sport/football/maxim_usanov/interview.html%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1600%26bih%3D1041 %26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=ru&u=http://www.peoples.ru/sport/football/rafael_marquez/&usg=ALkJrhhFgvLzY5fq76CQy-Y4s2uQIzxJyw) , Thierry Henry (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.peoples.ru/sport/football/maxim_usanov/interview.html%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1600%26bih%3D1041 %26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=ru&u=http://www.peoples.ru/sport/football/henry/&usg=ALkJrhjItdjbY3JVhFGU8c1V87X77guH3g) - the MLS continues to deliver the superstars. You have already played against them?
- When playing with the "New York" - yes, and Henry, and Marquez had already been on the team. Beat us 1-0. Henry certainly made an impression - a man in his 33 runs, creates scores. Interestingly, of course, was playing against him. On the other hand, all people, all you can beat. The main thing is that the name is not pressed upon you. But football, like life - fun stuff: today you go against Ivanov, and tomorrow - against Henry.
Or Beckham.
- When Beckham was injured, so that with him I have not played, but like crazy. I, frankly, until recently, had hoped that we will come about in the playoffs, he will recover and we will meet with the "Galaxy". But for now, apparently, not fate (laughs). But leaving Donovan - also a very good player, it was hard to play against him. On the other hand, with the same "Galaxy" both times we played 0:0. I like it, honestly, and like in the MLS - almost all the teams are on the same level and at the forefront dedication, desire to win. It all depends on how much you will be made available in a particular match. Notorious favorites or outsiders is not the case.
It seems to return to Russia as soon as you do not plan to.
- I like the MLS and I want to continue to serve here. But at any moment everything can change. Be listed in the MLS, but did not play - this is also not good. On the other hand, if we compare with Russia - this is a completely different planet. But in Russia, for example, you can earn, but the MLS does not. In the "Toronto" to the whole team is allocated 2.5 million and must be divided by 25. There may be, of course, three of the millionaire who does not fall under these rules. But the overall situation is that in Russia, a man sitting on a bench in the first league gets bigger. When I called the Russian guys the amount they have hair on end rose. "Why did you come here, then?" - Asked. But I have for all this money going to sit on the bench, and here I'm playing football. For me it is more important.

Blizzard
07-15-2012, 05:22 PM
There were too many characters to post everything together, so here is the remainder of Maxim's comments:

Thanks. That was an enjoyable read.

[NBF]
07-15-2012, 06:20 PM
That was interesting to read what Maxim Usanov had to say about Preki and Dasovic. I guess Preki demanded respect from the players and Dasovic was a bit of a pushover.

GK- Brian Edwards, is playing in Swedish division 2
DF- Leslie Fellinga, is back in the Netherlands playing in 3rd division.
MF/FW- Pablo Vitti, is a free agent after having bounced around a few leagues in S.A.

__wowza
07-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Later, more or less poobtersya

hey now! we're VERY poobtersya!!

TFC The Hague
07-17-2012, 04:40 AM
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elfvoetbal.nl%2Fnieuws%2F200095 _soolsma-krijgt-bij-excelsior-nieuwe-kans

Soolsma on trial with Excelsior Rotterdam.

BayernTFC
07-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks. That was an enjoyable read.

You're welcome Blizzard. I appreciated the candidness of Maxim's comments as well. It was interesting to read his impressions of his time with TFC.

BayernTFC
07-17-2012, 09:22 AM
;1512132']GK- Brian Edwards, is playing in Swedish division 2
I liked what I saw from Brian Edwards while he was with TFC. I remember him coming in cold when replacing Greg Sutton in a couple of games and handling himself admirably. I always felt that he was a decent option, but fell victim to being on a squad which drafted Stefan Frei and later signed Milos Kocic. I didn't understand letting Edwards go and picking up John Conway as a backup instead, but at least Brian eventually found regular minutes elsewhere. Good for him.

BayernTFC
07-17-2012, 09:26 AM
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elfvoetbal.nl%2Fnieuws%2F200095 _soolsma-krijgt-bij-excelsior-nieuwe-kans

Thank you very much for posting this. It's good news. Here's hoping he receives a contract offer from SBV Excelsior. I'm pulling for you Nick! :thumbsup:

jloome
07-17-2012, 10:46 AM

Good news.

spark
07-17-2012, 02:49 PM
I liked what I saw from Brian Edwards while he was with TFC. I remember him coming in cold when replacing Greg Sutton in a couple of games and handling himself admirably. I always felt that he was a decent option, but fell victim to being on a squad which drafted Stefan Frei and later signed Milos Kocic. I didn't understand letting Edwards go and picking up John Conway as a backup instead, but at least Brian eventually found regular minutes elsewhere. Good for him.

In case you didn't see this:

http://www.rednationonline.ca/InsidetheMLSBrianEdwards.aspx

Richard
07-17-2012, 03:46 PM
I found this interesting.

"Unfortunately, I still feel I was never given a chance with Preki and from day one there was an uneasy feel between us that I have never been able to explain."

RNO: Were you ever given a reason as to why you were waived?

Brian Edwards: I was never given a reason. It was certainly a solo Preki decision. He never gave me any chance to play during preseason and barely even spoke to me the entire time. It was a big shock and the timing could not have been worse. With rosters set, it is almost the ultimate disrespect.

maxpower
07-17-2012, 03:50 PM
My personal favourite "where are they now" from Past TFC players is Martin Saric, who most recently went to jail for robbing a Pharmacy in Florida.

MartinUtd
07-17-2012, 04:14 PM
I read somewhere that Fuad Ibrahim is playing for Minnesota in the NASL

Redcoe15
07-17-2012, 07:34 PM
^^And __wowza's off to the Twin Cities! g:D

Blizzard
07-17-2012, 11:52 PM
My personal favourite "where are they now" from Past TFC players is Martin Saric, who most recently went to jail for robbing a Pharmacy in Florida.

I thought I'd heard that the charges had been dropped.

Super
07-18-2012, 11:19 AM

He got arrested for shoplifting, yes. Now he's playing for Sportivo Luqueño in Paraguay.

BayernTFC
07-18-2012, 11:24 AM
In case you didn't see this:

http://www.rednationonline.ca/InsidetheMLSBrianEdwards.aspx

Thanks for posting that spark. I hadn't seen that article before, and it was an enjoyable read. It's nice when players feel comfortable enough to speak frankly about their experiences, and there was some insight within Brian's comments. I think it was interesting to read about Brian's impressions of Sweden:

When my contract is up, I will be looking to explore my options both here and back home.

Sweden is a beautiful country and I enjoy the life style and culture. I am accustomed to larger cities like Charlotte and Toronto so it has been an adjustment living in Degerfors. The people are genuine, hard-working and have welcomed me with open arms. I will be forever grateful to them.

BayernTFC
07-18-2012, 11:38 AM
I found this interesting.

"Unfortunately, I still feel I was never given a chance with Preki and from day one there was an uneasy feel between us that I have never been able to explain."

RNO: Were you ever given a reason as to why you were waived?

Brian Edwards: I was never given a reason. It was certainly a solo Preki decision. He never gave me any chance to play during preseason and barely even spoke to me the entire time. It was a big shock and the timing could not have been worse. With rosters set, it is almost the ultimate disrespect.
Not only was Preki's decision to release Brian at such a late moment disrespectful, but it seems vindictive. Such poor treatment of Brian at the end of his tenure with TFC would appear to have been done to purposefully limit his chances of finding employment elsewhere and greatly reduce his bargaining position with MLS. I was very sad to see Nick Soolsma leave Toronto, but at least TFC offered him the chance to find employment elsewhere while the summer transfer window was still open. Altering that type of behaviour is one of the subtle changes which I have been looking to see from TFC magement, and I give Mariner's team credit for doing it. If Nick wasn't in Mariner's plans, or if he was going to return home at the end of the season anyway, I'm glad a compromise was reached that would benefit both parties.

BayernTFC
07-18-2012, 11:42 AM
I read somewhere that Fuad Ibrahim is playing for Minnesota in the NASL

Apparently so:

http://www.nasl.com/index.php?id=2&playerID=382

ensco
07-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Not only was Preki's decision to release Brian at such a late moment disrespectful, but it seems vindictive. Such poor treatment of Brian at the end of his tenure with TFC would appear to have been done to purposefully limit his chances of finding employment elsewhere and greatly reduce his bargaining position with MLS.

It's hard not to connect the fact that (i) Cronin and Edwards were the only two players who would talk to the press after the 5-0 game concluding the 2009 season, and (ii) the organization treated them like they were dead in 2010.

TOBOR !
07-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Andrea Lombardo is with SC Toronto - so probably still taking the TTC to games, then.

... and Raivis Hščanovičs is with FK Ventspils (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FK_Ventspils) in Latvia.

KRO
07-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Interesting to read what these guys think of their time here.
BTW, I try to resist being a spelling Nazi but shouldn't the title be "Where are they now"?

MartinUtd
07-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Jarrod Smith is playing in the Swedish 2nd division after spending a season in the New Zealand league.

BayernTFC
07-18-2012, 12:35 PM
... and Raivis Hščanovičs is with FK Ventspils (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FK_Ventspils) in Latvia.

Ah yes, Steve Hščanovičs. lol. Ventspils is not such a bad little team. The defending Virsliga champions. Hščanovičs is seeing regular minutes with them.

BayernTFC
07-18-2012, 12:37 PM
BTW, I try to resist being a spelling Nazi but shouldn't the title be "Where are they now"?
I tried to change the title using advanced mode, but it only changed the heading of the OP.

BayernTFC
07-18-2012, 12:50 PM
It's hard not to connect the fact that (i) Cronin and Edwards were the only two players who would talk to the press after the 5-0 game concluding the 2009 season, and (ii) the organization treated them like they were dead in 2010.
It's an attitude and a behaviour that didn't help the team. Sam Cronin and Brian Edwards have landed on their feet. Some would argue that both players are better off now. And TFC? Maybe the damage is beginning to get cleaned up?

TFC 420
07-18-2012, 01:09 PM
I heard that Sanyang is with the Charleston Battery. It would be nice if TFC went back there for pre-season again next year.

TOBOR !
07-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Jeff Cunnigham is currently without a club... don't even think it.

MartinUtd
07-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Jeff Cunnigham is currently without a club... don't even think it.

He would tear the fan base apart. lol

Speaking of ex-tfc strikers, Bad Charret is on trial in Norway

http://www.lagalaxy.com/blog/scoops/2012/07/16/report-chad-barrett-training-norwegian-club-v%C3%A5lerenga

Carefree
07-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Looks like Mo Edu is heading to Spain.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/07/18/transfer-talk-july-18-2012-edu-close-to-valencia-switch-loovens-joins-zaragoza-norwich-want-snodgrass-86908-23909788/

Carefree
07-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Andrea Lombardo is with SC Toronto - so probably still taking the TTC to games, then.

Funny, when I found this thread he was one of the first people I looked up.

BayernTFC
07-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Here is a list of TFC's former players and their current status:

Nana Attakora

Unattached

Chad Barrett

LA Galaxy

MLS (US)

Danleigh Borman

SuperSport United

ABSA Premiership (South Africa)

Andrew Boyens

LA Galaxy

MLS (US)

Adam Braz

retired

Montreal Impact management

Jim Brennan

retired

TFC First Team Assistant Coach

Edson Buddle

LA Galaxy

MLS (US)

Miguel Cañizalez

SV Roßbach/Verscheid

Oberliga Südwest (Germany)

Conor Casey

Colorado Rapids

MLS (US)

Jon Conway

retired

Sam Cronin

San Jose Earthquakes

MLS (US)

Jeff Cunningham

unattached

Kyle Davies

Orlando City

USL PRO (US)

Julian De Guzman

FC Dallas

MLS (US)

Dwayne De Rosario

DC United

MLS (US)

Danny Dicho

retired

TFC Academy U18 Head Coach

Srdjan Djekanović

retired

Fusion FC U17 Manager

Todd Dunivant

LA Galaxy

MLS (US)

Maurice Edu

unattached

Brian Edwards

Degerfors IF

Superettan (Sweden)

Alecko Eskandarian

retired

Philadelphia Union youth technical director

Lesly Fellinga

Harkemase Boys

Topklasse (Netherlands)

Mista

retired

Hunter Freeman

Colorado Rapids

MLS (US)

Gabe Gala

Mississauga Eagles

CSL (Canada)

Nick Garcia

retired

Dan Gargan

Chicago Fire

MLS (US)

Derek Gaudet

unattached

Ali Gerba

unattached

Matt Gold

San Antonio Scorpions

NASL (US)

Kevin Goldthwaite

retired

Emmanuel Gomez

Samger FC

GFA League First Division (Gambia)

Alan Gordon

San Jose Earthquakes

MLS (US)

Léandre Griffit

AS Aulnoye-Aymeries

CFA2 (France)

Amado Guevara

CD Motagua

Liga Nacional (Honduras)

Kevin Harmse

San Antonio Scorpions

NASL (US)

Tyler Hemming

Forest City London

USL PDL (US)

Raivis Hščanovičs

FK Ventspils

Virsliga (Latvia)

Abdoulaye Ibrahim

unattached

Fuad Ibrahim

Minnesota Stars FC

NASL (US)

Andy Iro

unattached

Julius James

Columbus Crew

MLS (US)

Diaz Kambere

unattached

Nick Labrocca

Chivas USA

MLS (US)

Andrea Lombardo

SC Toronto

CSL (Canada)

Peri Marošević

unattached

Tyrone Marshall

Colorado Rapids

MLS (US)

Javier Martina

unattached

Allando Matheson

University of Connecticut

NCAA (US)

Joey Melo

Mississauga Eagles

CSL (Canada)

David Monsalve

FC Edmonton

NASL (US)

Richard Mulrooney

retired

Paulo Nagamura

Sporting Kansas City

MLS (US)

Joseph Nane

Colorado Rapids

MLS (US)

Ronnie O'Brien

retired

assistant golf pro

Demetrius Omphroy

unattached

There are too many characters to fit the whole table in one post.

BayernTFC
07-23-2012, 12:22 AM
Here is the rest of the table:

Jacob Peterson

Sporting Kansas City

MLS (US)

Chris Pozniak

FK Haugesund

Tippeligaen (Norway)

Marco Reda

unattached

Tim Regan

retired

Soccer Operations & Scouting Instructor

Sam Reynolds

retired

Assistant Goalkeeper Coach CalStateFullerton

Rohan Ricketts

retired

Laurent Robert

retired

Carl Robinson

retired

VWFC First Team Assistant Coach

Dasan Robinson

retired

Tyler Rosenlund

Rochester Rhinos

USL PRO (US)

Carlos Ruiz

Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz

Liga de Ascenso (Mexico)

Collin Samuel

unattached

Maicon Santos

DC United

MLS (US)

Amadou Sanyang

Charleston Battery

USL PRO (US)

Martin Šarić

Sportivo Luqueño

Primera División (Paraguay)

Adrian Serioux

retired

announcer GOL TV Canada

Jarrod Smith

retired

Johann Smith

unattached

Nick Soolsma

unattached

Kenny Stamatopoulos

AIK Stockholm

Allsvenskan (Sweden)

Alen Stevanović

Torino FC

Serie A (Italy)

Nathan Sturgis

Houston Dynamo

MLS (US)

Greg Sutton

Montreal Impact

MLS (US)

Tony Tchani

Columbus Crew

MLS (US)

Olivier Tébily

retired

Rick Titus

retired

Toronto Lynx Assistant Coach

Maxim Usanov

FC Petrotrest St. Petersburg

1.Division (Russia)

Marco Velez

Puerto Rico Islanders

NASL (US)

Eddy Viator

unattached

Pablo Vitti

CD León de Huánuco

Torneo Descentralizado (Peru)

Andy Welsh

Carlisle United

League One (England)

O'Brien White

unattached

Marvell Wynne

Colorado Rapids

MLS (US)

Mikael Yourassowsky

unattached

Gianluca Zavarise

unattached

TOBOR !
07-23-2012, 01:33 PM
^ bah - way to kill the thread..

Anyway, Ives is reporting that Jeff Cunnigham has signed on with the San Antonio Scorpions.

Joe Kool
07-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Looking through that list felt like looking through an old yearbook...wow...can't believe how many have come and gone.

BayernTFC
07-23-2012, 01:54 PM
^ bah - way to kill the thread..

Anyway, Ives is reporting that Jeff Cunnigham has signed on with the San Antonio Scorpions.
You just proved that a list doesn't ruin this thread. g:D I think an updated list of active players can be posted from time to time in order to keep things easier to manage. Thanks for the update TOBOR THE GREAT !

TOBOR !
07-23-2012, 02:22 PM
^ fair enough - I just thought we'd have a gas trying to think up who these players were, nevermind where they are now.

The Marco Reda one makes me laugh as I was trying to find out where he was. There was something (I think) that said he was coaching with SC Toronto, but I couldn't find anything on it.

Still, I agree that a compendium of former players is a must, so what you've got there is a pretty sweet reference. Great Job (did you put that together yourself, or does it exist somewhere online ?).

MartinUtd
07-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Ronnie O... an assistant golf pro?

__wowza
07-23-2012, 03:22 PM

http://sanantonioscorpions.com/team-news/item/355-scorpions-add-mls-all-time-leading-goal-scorer-jeff-cunningham

yup, here's the official announcement.

BayernTFC
07-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Great Job (did you put that together yourself, or does it exist somewhere online ?).
Thank you. There is a list of former players on the TFC wikipedia page. Based on that list, I used multiple references to research where the players are currently employed or whether they are unemployed/retired. I included all that information in the table which I put together and posted. There is a TFC alumni thread on Big Soccer, but I didn't need to use it as a reference. I Also didn't want to copy and paste their work without asking. Anyways, having my own table makes it easier to make adjustments.

BayernTFC
07-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Ronnie O... an assistant golf pro?
Yes, apparently:

http://www.worldgolf.com/newswire/browse/67835-Old-American-Names-Former-Major-League-Soccer-All-Star-Ronnie-O%E2%80%99Brien-Assistant-Golf-Pr
http://www.kckrs.com/former-mlser-ronnie-obrien-is-now-an-assistant-golf-pro/
http://sidelineviews.blogspot.ca/2011/06/from-soccer-to-golf-ronnie-obrien.html

BayernTFC
07-24-2012, 05:25 AM
It looks like Nick Soolsma is now on trial at SC Cambuur:

http://www.lc.nl/sport/cambuur/article15080583.ece/Nick-Soolsma-proefspeler-bij-Cambuur

LEEUWARDEN - De 24-jarige rechterspits Nick Soolsma is deze week op proef bij Cambuur.

Soolsma speelde de afgelopen twee seizoenen bij Toronto FC.

Hij is afkomstig uit Andijk en doorliep de jeugdelftallen bij PSV en Volendam.

Vorige week werd Dammyano Grootfaam door Cambur afgetest.

Translation:

LEEUWARDEN - The 24 year-old rightwinger, Nick Soolsma, is on trial this week at Cambuur.

Soolsma played at Toronto FC the past two seasons.

He is originally from Andijk and went through the youth squads at PSV and Volendam.

Last week, Dammyano Grootfaam trialed with Cambuur.

Also, it looks as though Pablo Vitti is about to be signed by LDU Quito:

In the official account of Esteban Paz confirmed the recruitment of midfielder Pablo Vitti.

After Juan Manuel Salgueiro confirm its link to Paraguayan football, snow-white managers at the request of Edgardo Bauza went hunting in the fourth foreign reinforcement. At a press conference held this morning, Bauza said interest in the Argentine Vitti and this afternoon the rumor began to have strength to be confirmed by the manager Esteban Paz.

http://translate.google.ca/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fclubldu.com%2Fprofiles%2Fblogs%2Fco nfirmado-el-nuevo-refuerzo&act=url

I guess CSD León de Huánuco didn't have him locked up afterall?:

"We are in discussions with players Paul Vitti and Germain Alemanno (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://depor.pe/futbol-internacional/808757/noticia-conocieron-triunfo-queretaro-vitti-y-alemano-ganaron-2-0-atlas&usg=ALkJrhimR34vqE8MlXYScGypS1j6TXrp9Q) and negotiations are at 90 percent. We hope to close in the shortest time to be our reinforcements from August in the Decentralized tournament and the start of the Copa Sudamericana, "said Radio Loncharich Ovation.
http://translate.google.ca/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdepor.pe%2Ffutbol-peruano%2F815013%2Fnoticia-rugiran-vitti-y-alemanno-muy-cerca-llegar-al-leon-huanuco&act=url

zamperina
07-24-2012, 07:11 AM
Alecko was relieved of his duties as Philly youth coach a couple of weeks ago.

BayernTFC
07-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Alecko was relieved of his duties as Philly youth coach a couple of weeks ago.
He appears to be writing for SI now, and he confirmed MLS paid a transfer fee for Tim Cahill:

MLS reportedly has agreed on a transfer fee that allows New York to acquire midfielder Tim Cahill from Everton of the English Premier League.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/soccer/07/24/cahill-new-york-red-bulls/index.html

It turns out the transfer fee was $1.5 million:

The Red Bulls announced Thursday the signing of their third Designated Player, midfielder Tim Cahill (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Tim+Cahill), who arrived on a $1.5 million transfer fee from Everton.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/ny-red-bulls-announce-signing-midfielder-tim-cahill-arrives-mls-a-1-5m-transfer-fee-everton-article-1.1122534

In other news, Miguel Aceval has a new home at CD Huachipato in the Primera División (Peru):

Goodbye Canada: Miguel Aceval Huachipato again after four years

The Toronto club of Major League Soccer (MLS) announced through its official website untying Miguel Aceval with the team, allowing the wheel to return to Huachipato club and defended in 2008.

The player agreed Colo Colo formed in his return to painting "steelworker" after reaching a mutual agreement with the U.S. set to terminate his contract.

The steering wheel defended by six months the Canadian jersey box, where reached to play five games, scoring a goal in the Champions League FA Cup semi-final against Santos Laguna of Mexico.

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.ferplei.com/2012/07/adios-canada-miguel-aceval-vuelve-a-huachipato-tras-cuatro-anos/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmiguel%2Baceval%2BHuachipato%26hl%3De n%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DHbI%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26prmd%3Dimvnsuo&sa=X&ei=EBcSUO-EHo2s8QTliYGoBA&ved=0CGcQ7gEwBA

and

The defender Miguel Aceval finished his U.S. tour by Major League Soccer and returned to Chile to play for Huachipato.

The value consists in Colo Colo be reached only six months in the U.S. tournament defending the colors of Canada's Toronto FC.

The negotiation between the defense and the cast was closed last night steelmaker, sentencing and the return value in 2011 played for the University of Concepcion, as published Purofútbol.

Thus the picture of the Usina finalized one of the orders of coach Jorge Pellicer, who requested a reinforcement at the rear of the injury suffered by Daniel Rodriguez.

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://deportes.terra.cl/futbol/clausura/miguel-aceval-deja-la-mls-y-es-nuevo-refuerzo-de-huachipato,1d3ddcfbf93c8310VgnVCM5000009ccceb0aRCR D.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmiguel%2Baceval%2BHuachipato%26hl%3De n%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DHbI%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26prmd%3Dimvnsuo&sa=X&ei=EBcSUO-EHo2s8QTliYGoBA&ved=0CG8Q7gEwBg

mastermixer
07-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Chad "just a bit outside" Barret went for a trial in Norway.

http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2012/07/chad-barrett-heads-norways-v%C3%A5lerenga-week-long-trial

TOBOR !
07-27-2012, 08:29 AM
BayernTFC ; it looks like you've taken up a vocation. We should ask for this to be stickied for posterity.

Miss Jones
07-27-2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks for all your effort. What an interesting read to know where or what the players are doing now.

JuliquE
07-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks for all your effort. What an interesting read to know where or what the players are doing now.
Yes. I was, previously, just lurking through this thread.. but, after coming to understand all the effort that you've contributed and reading this post, I realize that the right thing to do is to say, "thanks."

Indeed, it is quite interesting and would be great if kept up to date, as players come and go.

TOBOR !
07-27-2012, 01:19 PM
^ that, and I'm impressed at how quickly Aceval was able to find a new employer.

BayernTFC
07-31-2012, 05:26 AM
Nick Soolsma has had a contract offer from SC Cambuur and is expected to receive an offer from SBV Excelsior today:

Nick Soolsma heeft een aanbieding op zak van SC Cambuur. De Friese club wil de clubloze voetballer graag aan zich binden. Een akkoord werd nog niet bereikt.

"We zijn er nog niet uit. Het ligt nu bij mijn zaakwaarnemer. Ik weet niet of het rondkomt, ik heb mijn eisen neergelegd. Cambuur is wel een mooie club", aldus Soolsma, die na zijn vertrek bij Toronto FC op zoek is naar een nieuwe club, in gesprek met RTV Rijnmond. Ondertussen houdt Excelsior de situatie scherp in de gaten.

Soolsma was eerder deze maand ook op proef in Kralingen. Excelsior is nog altijd een optie, zegt de speler zelf. "Ook een mooie club. Zowel Cambuur als Excelsior spelen in de top van de eerste divisie. Voor mijn ontwikkeling is het goed om een jaar in de Jupiler League te spelen."

http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws/item/cambuur-doet-soolsma-aanbieding-excelsior-hoopt

Translation:

Nick Soolsma has an offer from SC Cambuur in the bag. The Frisian club would gladly commit themselves to the unattached footballer. An agreement still hasn't been reached.

“We are still not there. It is now with my agent. I don't know if the salary is sufficient, I have laid out my demands. Cambuur is a nice club”, said Soolsma, who is searching for a new club after his departure from Toronto FC, in conversation with RTV Rijnmond. Meanwhile, Excelsior closely monitors the situation.

Soolsma was also on trial in Kralingen earlier this month. Excelsior is always still an option, said the player himself. “Also a nice club. Both Cambuur and Excelsior play in the top of the Eerste Divisie. It's good for my development to play in the Jupiler League for a year.”

and

• Nick Soolsma heeft nog geen besluit genomen over zijn toekomst • De middenvelder annex aanvaller is transfervrij nadat zijn contract bij Toronto FC afliep en heeft inmiddels een aanbieding van eerstedivisionist SC Cambuur op zak • Dinsdag verwacht Soolsma (http://www.vi.nl/Spelers/Speler.htm?dbid=55899&typeofpage=84137) een aanbieding van Excelsior te ontvangen •
http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/224966/Kortom-Zidane-jeugdtrainer-Matavz-weer-trefzeker.htm

Translation:

Nick Soolsma still hasn't made a decision over his future. The Midfielder/Striker is transfer free after his contract with Toronto FC was terminated and, in the meantime, he has an offer from Eerste Divisie team SC Cambuur in the bag. Soolsma expects to receive an offer from Excelsior on Tuesday.

You're welcome Miss Jones, JuliquE and TOBOR THE GREAT! I'll drop by periodically to check on this thread and post any news that I hear about. Hopefully others will continue to contribute, and I'll try to post an updated table on a regular basis.

BayernTFC
07-31-2012, 05:45 AM
Chad "just a bit outside" Barret went for a trial in Norway.

http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2012/07/chad-barrett-heads-norways-vålerenga-week-long-trial (http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2012/07/chad-barrett-heads-norways-v%C3%A5lerenga-week-long-trial)
Apparently, Chad's trial went well enough and he is being loaned to Vålerenga:

Chad Barrett is Norway bound.
A Galaxy spokesman confirmed to me on Monday that Barrett will join Norwegian club Vålerenga on loan.
http://www.lagalaxy.com/blog/post/2012/07/30/chad-barrett-loaned-norways-v%C3%A5lerenga

JuliquE
07-31-2012, 06:05 AM
Yeah.. I was reading some comments from a Vålerenga supporter, on the MLS website; he wasn't too happy and that's before the MLS followers chimed in (re: CB9).

Would also be neat to have this extended to our managers, as they begin to rival the number of players that have come through these parts. Beggers can't be choosers, though; anything you can manage will be looked upon as a bonus, after your initial contributions.

Thanks, again, BayernTFC.

TOBOR !
07-31-2012, 07:44 AM
Nice to see Nicky has options, plus he gets some time off before the new season begins.

TOBOR !
07-31-2012, 07:54 AM
re: O'Brian White - While it's technically true that he is unattached, Seattle bought out his contract due to a health issue.

Can you update his status with something like unattached - long term injury / rehabilitation or something ?

note - he underwent surgery to have a bloodclot removed from his leg in April of this year.

Phil
07-31-2012, 08:04 AM
Really nice work BayernTFC. Thanks so much for posting this. I wonder if our turnover rate is higher than most other MLS clubs, I am thinking it is.

Its also depressing to see how many guys are unattached and or have dropped to entry level league play around the world.

TOBOR !
07-31-2012, 08:08 AM
Just realised that Jon Conway was traded to Chicago for the 49th pick in the 2011 Superdraft, which we used to get Joao Plata.

__wowza
07-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Peri Marošević told me he could hook me up with free cable TV

OfficeGuy
07-31-2012, 12:48 PM
^ that, and I'm impressed at how quickly Aceval was able to find a new employer.

He was never given the chance to play his position - Hoofball doesn't suit him either

Too bad I had hoped to see more of him but he did not seem to be in Marinier's plans

moralis
08-02-2012, 12:58 PM
It seems former TFC defender Nana Attakora is training with the Vancouver Whitecaps:

https://twitter.com/WhitecapsFC/status/231082949502705664

BayernTFC
08-04-2012, 12:34 AM
re: O'Brian White - While it's technically true that he is unattached, Seattle bought out his contract due to a health issue.

Can you update his status with something like unattached - long term injury / rehabilitation or something ?

note - he underwent surgery to have a bloodclot removed from his leg in April of this year.
Yes, I can add that information TOBOR. Next time I post the table, that note will be on it.

Really nice work BayernTFC. Thanks so much for posting this. I wonder if our turnover rate is higher than most other MLS clubs, I am thinking it is.

Its also depressing to see how many guys are unattached and or have dropped to entry level league play around the world.
You are welcome Phil. That's a good question. TFC certainly has a high rate of turnover. Part of it is because we have had so many managers. That's bound to cause player changes. MLS rules, and their focus on keeping salaries low, intrinsically leads to player turnover. I don't follow US based MLS squads very closely, so maybe someone who does would be willing to crunch the numbers? I do pay a little attention to what Red Bull NY does, and they seem to go through a significant number of players. Yeah, It's tough for the unattached players. It's partly the competitive nature of sports with ongoing cultivation of new players and the limitations on numbers in a squad. The restrictive nature of player movement in MLS, the MLS season having a different schedule than other leagues, and MLS not being a first choice destination may exacerbate problems for individuals who have decided to ply their trade in NA and then find themselves unemployed. The Nana Attakora and Ali Gerba cases have a political aspect to them. Maurice Edu and Nick Soolsma will have new clubs shortly. Some players salary expectations might be too high or they just aren't very skilled.

He was never given the chance to play his position - Hoofball doesn't suit him either

Too bad I had hoped to see more of him but he did not seem to be in Marinier's plans
I think it was a case of TFC management taking a gamble on a player being able to quickly adjust into a new role. Perhaps there was an expectation that Miguel would turn into the "bossman" TFC's being looking for in central defense? He only had 5 MLS games and 1 Amway Canadian Championship match to produce something. It looked as though he was improving at the end, The 0-0 ACC game away at Montreal was a highpoint defensively for him, but it was hard to gauge because Winter started to bunker at times. Miguel has a solid left foot. I would have preferred the comparable salaries of Harden or Cann dropped before Aceval's, but at least Miguel was given the opportunity to find a new team during the summer transfer window. I give credit to the current TFC management team for doing that. :thumbsup:

BayernTFC
08-04-2012, 01:32 AM
Would also be neat to have this extended to our managers, as they begin to rival the number of players that have come through these parts. Beggers can't be choosers, though; anything you can manage will be looked upon as a bonus, after your initial contributions.

Thanks, again, BayernTFC.

TFC Head Coaches (As of August 3, 2012)

Coach

From
To
Record*

G
W
T
L
Win %

Mo Johnston (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo_Johnston)
August 22, 2006
February 1, 2008

John Carver (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Carver_%28footballer%29)
February 1, 2008
April 25, 2009

Chris Cummins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Cummins_%28football_coach%29)
April 29, 2009
October 24, 2009

Preki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preki)
November 19, 2009
September 14, 2010

Nick Dasovic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Dasovic)
September 14, 2010
January 6, 2011

Aron Winter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aron_Winter)
January 6, 2011
June 7, 2012

Paul Mariner (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Mariner)
June 7, 2012
Present

* Includes league (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Soccer), Canadian Championship (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Championship) and CONCACAF Champions League (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CONCACAF_Champions_League) games.

EDIT: The table is based on the Wikipedia one. No matter what I do, the forum code screws up my table somewhat. You can click on the coaches name to be sent to that individual's Wikipedia page.

Auzzy
08-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Here's a funny one: Chad Barrett NEARLY scored twice in his first game on loan to Vålerenga in Norway. :drum:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/08/03/american-exports-barrett-nearly-scores-loan-debut

khso11
08-04-2012, 12:51 PM
according to wikipedia, Pablo Vitti is now playing for LDU Quito, where Joao Plata is on loan to.

Strans
08-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Peri Marosevic is on trial with the Rapids: http://denver.sbnation.com/colorado-rapids/2012/7/31/3206880/colorado-rapids-roster-peri-marosevic

Figured it was worth a mention.

BTW thanks for this!

ag futbol
08-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Sorry if someone has already posted this, but according the V's board Chris Pozinak was recently loaned out to 2nd divison Norway club Bryne.

TOBOR !
08-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Here's a funny one: Chad Barrett NEARLY scored twice in his first game on loan to Vålerenga in Norway. :drum:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/08/03/american-exports-barrett-nearly-scores-loan-debut

That's fantastic. I should reckon that without a doubt, Barrett is nearly the most prolific goalscorer of our times, given the number of goals he's nearly scored. Remember all the ones he almost scored for us ?

jazzy
08-05-2012, 10:52 PM
That's fantastic. I should reckon that without a doubt, Barrett is nearly the most prolific goalscorer of our times, given the number of goals he's nearly scored. Remember all the ones he almost scored for us ?

almost made me miss him......amazing work thanx......maybe vitti will play at LCD quito...seeing as Plata has disappeared, ...never even a sub.....for all those who idolized him.....great kid but oveerestimated

Blizzard
08-05-2012, 11:21 PM
almost made me miss him......amazing work thanx......maybe vitti will play at LCD quito...seeing as Plata has disappeared, ...never even a sub.....for all those who idolized him.....great kid but oveerestimated

Hmmm, well actually Plata made his fourth appearance for the club on July 29th against Independiente. He had a decent chance early in the match but came out injured in the 29th minute. Quito won this match 1 nil.

As a result of the injury, Plata did not dress this weekend (which would explain why he was not even a sub).

http://www.ldu.com.ec/portal/index

His opportunity is shown at about 1:20 of the video on the front page. You see him hobble off a minute or so later in the video.

This weekend, Vitti came on in the 63rd minute making his debut with the club in their 2-2 draw with Barcelona.

BayernTFC
08-17-2012, 07:27 AM
Nick Soolsma has signed with SBV Excelsior:

http://www.sbvexcelsior.nl/index.php?objectID=43&news_id=8865

Excelsior heeft overeenstemming bereikt met Nick Soolsma. De aanvaller die twee weken heeft meegetraind met de selectie van Excelsior, heeft een contract ondertekend voor één seizoen.

Leon Vlemmings is blij met de aanwinst voor zijn selectie. ,,Soolsma is een jongen die goed kan voetballen. Hij kan zowel links- als rechtsbuiten spelen en op het middenveld''. Vlemmings is dus erg te spreken over de veelzijdige voetballer: ,,We hebben Soolsma goed leren kennen tijdens zijn stageperiode. Hij is ook mee geweest op trainingskamp en wij zijn ervan overtuigd dat hij de juiste versterking is voor Excelsior''.

Soolsma kreeg ook een aanbod van SC Cambuur, maar koos voor Excelsior. De 24-jarige voetballer is pas vanaf volgende week speelgerechtigd.

Translation:

Excelsior has reached an agreement with Nick Soolsma. The attacker, who for two weeks has trained with the squad from Excelsior, has signed a contract for one season.

Leon Vlemmings is happy with the acquisition for the team. “Soolsma is a lad who can play football well. He can play both left and rightwing and in the midfield”. Vlemmings is so excited to speak about the versatile footballer: “We have gotten to know Soolsma well during his trial period. He has also been with us in training camp and we are convinced that he is the right reinforcement for Excelsior”.

Soolsma also had an offer from SC Cambuur, but chose Excelsior. The 24 year-old footballer is eligible to play next week.

Ajax TFC
08-17-2012, 08:08 AM
really excited for him. I wonder how much he's getting paid. I hope for his sake that he some day makes it onto the Feyenoord squad

JuliquE
08-17-2012, 08:25 AM
Fine example of someone who's just put his head down and worked hard. He grew on me and quickly became one of my top three favourite players, after faltering, somewhat, in his first showing.

Was saddening to see him cut loose and especially now, when we could use a little help with our wide-play.

Thanks for this update, BayernTFC; certainly appreciated and I hope he finds success with his new club.

jabbronies
08-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Fine example of someone who's just put his head down and worked hard. He grew on me and quickly became one of my top three favourite players, after faltering, somewhat, in his first showing.

Was saddening to see him cut loose and especially now, when we could use a little help with our wide-play.

Thanks for this update, BayernTFC; certainly appreciated and I hope he finds success with his new club.

Agree with this

starter
08-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Nick Soolsma has signed with SBV Excelsior:

Really glad for Nick!

This also supports the view that the PM's 'tweak' purges [433] capable players from the TFC to set us back to the road to mediocrity.

Greatest Ripoff
12-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Josh Janniere who was with TFCA in the CLS last year seems to be on trial with Sunderland right now:

Josh Janniere ‏@Joshjanniere07
Good session , a bit windy for my liking though -__- .. Good luck to the lads in Manchester tomorrow #SAFC