PDA

View Full Version : Terry Dunfield Appreciation Thread

pppperkins
07-14-2012, 06:50 PM
I think there should be an appreciation thread for players who are with us and not appreciated

pppperkins
07-14-2012, 07:06 PM
We'll done terry, great tackle

Doucet3
07-14-2012, 07:16 PM
Been a fan of Dunfield since he got here sure he was rough and inconsistent but come on in the past couple months he's been pretty good, made the trade of JDG a lot more easier to make, he's a good little player underdog in my opinion, deserves his praise of late

T-boy
07-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Wasn't a fan of Terry under Winter. He looked out of depth in ANY type of football, to be honest!

But he seems the type that obviously reacts diffently to a coach who plays to his strengths. Since Mariner has taken over Dunfield hasn't just looked like an actual footballer, he's looked like a very useful member of the first team! Keep up the good work, Terry!

manitou22
07-14-2012, 08:56 PM
All heart kind of guy and I appreciate it.

iy12l
07-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Tfc should play Stinson instead of Dunfield because he has a lot more energy and can probably retain possession better than Duncefield. Also, hes only 19 so he can easily learn fem his mistakes and the energy he contributes to the team helps a lot. He was really good at right wing-back (almost same thing as right midfield) from last year so he can play as the CM and RM in the 442. Hes most likely to play for tfc in the years to come so Mariner might as well let him play now before his talent rots on the bench.

Parkdale
07-14-2012, 09:31 PM
still way too many simple giveaways, but it's not like he was the only one doing it.

Fort York Redcoat
07-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Tfc should play Stinson instead of Dunfield because he has a lot more energy and can probably retain possession better than Duncefield. Also, hes only 19 so he can easily learn fem his mistakes and the energy he contributes to the team helps a lot. He was really good at right wing-back (almost same thing as right midfield) from last year so he can play as the CM and RM in the 442. Hes most likely to play for tfc in the years to come so Mariner might as well let him play now before his talent rots on the bench.

Stintson. The new Dunfield? Maybe as far as Dunfield's the starter and Stintson the sub. I think he'll get more and more time.

I like Dunfields workrate but I hope he continues to focuses on playing smarter than harder. He can't keep this effort at the cost of his health. He seems to be on the verge of serious injury every match.

Walms
07-15-2012, 01:50 PM
I love Dunfield, he has the biggest heart I've seen in a player! He loves this country and he dose more than his part to involve himself in the community and for the youth playing soccer. He might not always make the best pass be he is always giving %200!
I'm glad to see this for Terry!

PopePouri
07-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Terry the Terrier. I'm glad we have him.

Soccerpro
07-15-2012, 06:22 PM
He's played much better under Mariner than Winter but he's not up to standard most of the time, the last few games notwithstanding.

supersaint
07-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Terry has a role to fill for the team. He is a niggler, and he can make the opposition rush the play a bit. I admire his heart and his dedication to the team And yeah, sometimes his lackadaisacal passes drive me crazy. I think Mariner has playing to the best of his capability.

Gazza
07-15-2012, 06:44 PM
The best number 23 in the league.

T-boy
07-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Those of you who look at all the stats, can you see how Dunfield fared in terms of passing against Colorado? I lost count of how many passes he actually put to a TFC foot! He seemed to have an above average passing game tonight, for him. Anybody clarify if that is right?

QSIM
07-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Those of you who look at all the stats, can you see how Dunfield fared in terms of passing against Colorado? I lost count of how many passes he actually put to a TFC foot! He seemed to have an above average passing game tonight, for him. Anybody clarify if that is right?

I also thought he looked good tonight, stats show it.

Dunfield: 39 successful passes (8 unsuccessful) --> Lead the team.

*Second in passing, for comparison was Frings (32/18)

ManUtd4ever
07-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Dunfield has been improving in every match with Mariner at the helm and is currently playing his best football as a Red.

ryan
07-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Dunfield has been improving in every match with Mariner at the helm and is currently playing his best football ever in his life.

Fixed.

P.S. He still sucks.

P.S.S. Still room aboard the Anti Terry fanwagon. :D

T-boy
07-19-2012, 09:45 AM
I also thought he looked good tonight, stats show it.

Dunfield: 39 successful passes (8 unsuccessful) --> Lead the team.

*Second in passing, for comparison was Frings (32/18)

I thought he looked good yesterday, and they really are some good stats! Was that somebody else playing wearing a Terry mask?! :o Impressive!

spark
07-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Fixed.

P.S. He still sucks.

P.S.S. Still room aboard the Anti Terry fanwagon. :D

I didn't follow him there, but have friends who support Shrewsbury who said at points he went through long spells where he was playing well above league 2 and down the stretch before he left was their best player. Would have moved up to League 1 were it not for Simeon!!!

OfficeGuy
07-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Stintson. The new Dunfield? Maybe as far as Dunfield's the starter and Stintson the sub. I think he'll get more and more time.

I like Dunfields workrate but I hope he continues to focuses on playing smarter than harder. He can't keep this effort at the cost of his health. He seems to be on the verge of serious injury every match.

Yes - great workrate and his play has become stronger under Mariner who pushes/plays to his 1 touch thruballs - lots of confidence now as you see he went up strong against a last minute 50/50 header in those crucial moments - scored for us last game and saved this one with that fight in the air - don't think we would have seen that jump in the dying minutes like that 3-4 mths ago

OfficeGuy
07-19-2012, 11:21 AM
was sad he was not named to the Can Men's national Team tho - he does love the shirt and his country

T-boy
07-19-2012, 11:27 AM
I think if Dunfield was to have started his TFC career when Mariner took over, we would all love Dunfield! But unfortunately under Winter it just didn't work out for Dunfield at all! It's hard to clear your mind of those past performances though. But if he keeps this current form up, I think he will gradually start to change a few people's opinion, and justifiably so!

Max_TO
07-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Good job Terry , we all took pride in your goal against Vancover !

boozilla
07-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Not bad.
Ever since he got that bear tattoo and those Ultimate Warrior tassels.

pppperkins
08-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Grat goal Terry Dunfield.......legend

Gazza
08-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Grat goal Terry Dunfield.......legend

He's the Gratist!

"Heeeeeeey Terry Dunfield! oooh! ahhh! Even YOU wanna knooooooowwww how you scored that goal!"

C.Ronaldo
08-02-2012, 09:56 AM
can we use him as trade bait yet?

Maybe sell him to europe now!!

T-boy
08-02-2012, 10:14 AM
You know whatr - if the season had started a month ago - Dunny would be my player of the season, without much doubt! Unfortunately its hard to forget his form under Winter, otherwise mine, and a lot of other peoples, opinion of Terry would be a lot higher this season!

ManUtd4ever
08-02-2012, 10:20 AM
It's only a matter of time now before the European giants come calling. I foresee a multimillion dollar transfer fee in the very near future.

Auzzy
08-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Terry Dunfield's shin guard deserves a raise & a contract extension. ;)

__wowza
08-02-2012, 11:13 AM
i posted this elsewhere, i'll post it again here..

i have to admit, i wasn't the biggest fan of dunfield at the beginning of the season, but since mariner came in he's been hands down one of our most improved players. sarcasm aside, i'd like to point out that he's been one of our most consistent distributors as of late. yesterday he made 64 passes, 7 of them back passes and only 8 of them went off target, giving him our best pass rate of the game.

that got me looking further into this. i've found something interesting in the past few games in relation to his pass rates:

CCL: 90%
HOUSTON: 79%
COLORADO: 87%

he's been one of the consistently accurate passers on our team, and in the past 3 games, he's been our most prolific passer, with 139 passes completed, 21 off target and a total accuracy of 85% which is greater than than overall passing accuracy in our last 3 games. he's actually doing really fucking well.

"THERE'S ONLY ONE TERRY DUNFIELD!
ONLY ONE TERRY DUNFIELD!
HE USED TO BE SHITE,
BUT NOW HE'S ALRIGHT,
WALKIN IN A DUNFIELD WONDERLAND!"

ManUtd4ever
08-02-2012, 11:31 AM
i posted this elsewhere, i'll post it again here..

i have to admit, i wasn't the biggest fan of dunfield at the beginning of the season, but since mariner came in he's been hands down one of our most improved players. sarcasm aside, i'd like to point out that he's been one of our most consistent distributors as of late. yesterday he made 64 passes, 7 of them back passes and only 8 of them went off target, giving him our best pass rate of the game.

that got me looking further into this. i've found something interesting in the past few games in relation to his pass rates:

CCL: 90%
HOUSTON: 79%
COLORADO: 87%

he's been one of the consistently accurate passers on our team, and in the past 3 games, he's been our most prolific passer, with 139 passes completed, 21 off target and a total accuracy of 85% which is greater than than overall passing accuracy in our last 3 games. he's actually doing really fucking well.

"THERE'S ONLY ONE TERRY DUNFIELD!
ONLY ONE TERRY DUNFIELD!
HE USED TO BE SHITE,
BUT NOW HE'S ALRIGHT,
WALKIN IN A DUNFIELD WONDERLAND!"

That's actually quite impressive. I hope he keeps it up.

__wowza
08-02-2012, 01:10 PM
That's actually quite impressive. I hope he keeps it up.

it really is, mariner's style is a great fit for him.

Walms
08-02-2012, 05:28 PM
He has always played with heart and grit, now things are clicking for him and he couldent be happier! Way to go Terry!!!

WALKING IN A TERRY WONDERLAND!!

bigredone
08-03-2012, 06:53 AM
I told Terry if he scores one more goal I would get his jersey and wear it to every game. When he acknowledged what I said I got nervous. If you guys see someone wearing his jersey, be nice, I had to stick to my promise.

pppperkins
08-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyy. Dunnnnnnnnfffffffiiiiiiiieeeeeellllllllllllldddddd ddddddd

OgtheDim
08-25-2012, 09:48 PM
He does half enjoy himself when he scores.

__wowza
08-25-2012, 11:22 PM
HE USED TO BE SHITE,
BUT NOW HE'S ALRIGHT
WALKING IN A DUNFIELD WONDERLAND!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4kVWCSzfK4