PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Saturday,Jul.14

denime
07-14-2012, 05:55 AM
Mornin'

:flare::drum::scarf:GAME DAY !!!:scarf::drum::flare:

TFC TV

(http://www.torontofc.ca/video) Revs ready for Reds (http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/13/revs-ready-for-reds)

TFC Trade JDG To FC Dallas (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/07/tfc-trade-jdg-fc-dallas)

TFC send de Guzman to Dallas (http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/13/toronto-fc-send-julian-de-guzman-to-dallas-for-andrew-wiedeman)

TFC trades De Guzman to Dallas (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/07/13/mls_toronto_fc_dallas/)

Toronto FC trades Julian de Guzman to FC Dallas for Andrew Wiedeman (http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/article/1225982--toronto-fc-trades-julian-de-guzman-to-fc-dallas)

Toronto FC trades Julian de Guzman to Dallas (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2012/07/13/sp-mls-fc-dallas-toronto-fc-julian-de-guzman.html)

TFC Related Blogs !!

(http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?29582-TFC-MLS-blogs-thread)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshine-girl)

Eastend
07-14-2012, 06:41 AM
I guess de Guzman's gone, eh?

Dom

Yohan
07-14-2012, 07:08 AM
Wiedeman gets second chance with TFC (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/07/13/mls_andrew_wiedeman_toronto_fc/)

This Wiedeman kid seems to have the right attitude

denime
07-14-2012, 07:21 AM
Wiedeman gets second chance with TFC (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/07/13/mls_andrew_wiedeman_toronto_fc/)

Thanks for link

“Coaches have a certain style they want to play. Dallas is all about the speed and the counter attack and lightning quickness, and that’s really not my game,” Wiedeman stated.

Wait until you come here,TFC definitely does not play possession you will be chasing that ball with Mariner's TFC like there is no tomorrow.

"He's young. He's very, very hungry. He's one of the best finishers I've seen in the modern era.:facepalm: I'm looking for him to really take the bull by the horns and take this opportunity,” Mariner stated.

Someone should tell Mariner to STFU for his own good. "He's one of the best finishers I've seen in the modern era." Who the fuck did we got for JDG?New Messi,Ronaldo maybe,or a 22 years old player who played 117 minutes this year including one start.

and I'm supposed to accept this clown for a coach of my beloved TFC,fuck no.

Pookie
07-14-2012, 07:50 AM
"Julian will give FC Dallas an additional veteran that can solidify our possession style of play"

Dallas Coach Schellas Hyndman

Pro or against Mariner, can both sides finally agree that we have fundamentally altered our style of play and are now running in an opposite direction to the majority of teams in the US?

Estimated that 10 of 16 US clubs are now implementing aspects of Klinsmann's plan for US Soccer (which WAS our plan) while we scurry back to the comforts of the past.

[NBF]
07-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Someone should tell Mariner to STFU for his own good. "He's one of the best finishers I've seen in the modern era." Who the fuck did we got for JDG?New Messi,Ronaldo maybe,or a 22 years old player who played 117 minutes this year including one start.

I'm curious if this kid could have been acquired prior to the season starting for a 3rd round supplementary draft pick.

ensco
07-14-2012, 07:57 AM
NYRB acquire Le Toux. For Richards plus allocation.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2012/07/13/3240621/caps-trade-le-toux-for-red-bulls-richards

johnmolinaro
07-14-2012, 08:59 AM

That's exactly the impression I received while doing the phone interview with him last night. He seems to be a good kid who is not afraid of hard work and is eager to get his career going in Toronto after seeing limited action in Dallas.

John

Yohan
07-14-2012, 09:06 AM
http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/_/id/8157750/peter-walton-man-refereeing-mission-roger-bennett

You know all those new refs in MLS right now? Blame this guy... lol

Seriously. I hope Walton can bring a positive change in refereeing in MLS.

Yohan
07-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Awesome goal celebration. Roger Levesque vs Portland in 09. He retired today

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n268/jimastrother/296285989.gif

Oldtimer
07-14-2012, 10:56 AM
;1511419']I'm curious if this kid could have been acquired prior to the season starting for a 3rd round supplementary draft pick.

I think so.

ManUtd4ever
07-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Thanks for link

Wait until you come here,TFC definitely does not play possession you will be chasing that ball with Mariner's TFC like there is no tomorrow.

and I'm supposed to accept this clown for a coach of my beloved TFC,fuck no.

Most people thought it was impossible to rid the club of JDG's albatross contract. Mariner got it done in exchange for a valuable DP slot and a kid that was a highly touted prospect who hasn't reached his potential at the next level.

So what if Mariner is talking him up? He's trying to give his new acquisition some much needed confidence.

You have an obvious bias in all of your commentary regarding anything to do with Mariner.

v00d00daddy
07-14-2012, 11:49 AM
You have an obvious bias in all of your commentary regarding anything to do with Mariner.

While that might be true, it's interesting that you're the one to call him out on it when its obvious that you have a similar bias.

How else do you justify Mariner calling a kid who barely plays "the best finisher of the modern era".

It's laughable.

There's pumping a persons tires and then there are comments like Mariners. It's idiotic. LOL

You think that's going to give him confidence? What player in his right mind would take a comment like that at all seriously?

jloome
07-14-2012, 12:20 PM
While that might be true, it's interesting that you're the one to call him out on it when its obvious that you have a similar bias.

How else do you justify Mariner calling a kid who barely plays "the best finisher of the modern era".

It's laughable.

There's pumping a persons tires and then there are comments like Mariners. It's idiotic. LOL

You think that's going to give him confidence? What player in his right mind would take a comment like that at all seriously?

Those with enough sense to realize he's probably talking about in the NCAA. Mariner is hugely into U.S. college soccer.

Seriously man, I don't think he meant compared to pros, he meant of kids coming up. He's not an idiot.

Huyton
07-14-2012, 12:40 PM
That's exactly the impression I received while doing the phone interview with him last night. He seems to be a good kid who is not afraid of hard work and is eager to get his career going in Toronto after seeing limited action in Dallas.

John

Because if you can't make it with "The Worst Team in the World", you may as well pack it in!

Among other things, Wiedeman said “I can strike a clean ball. That’s always been my strength.” Perhaps this is what Mariner was alluding to.

BayernTFC
07-14-2012, 01:00 PM
So what if Mariner is talking him up? He's trying to give his new acquisition some much needed confidence.
It was an outrageous statement and a foolish move, imho. It places undue pressure on a young player who has yet to show very much. Toronto football fans and the Toronto media aren't known for their patience with new arrivals at TFC trying to make the adjustment. I know which statement will be quoted ad nauseam if Wiedemen misses the net. You better finish your chances kid, good luck!

rocker
07-14-2012, 03:38 PM
"Julian will give FC Dallas an additional veteran that can solidify our possession style of play"

Dallas Coach Schellas Hyndman

Pro or against Mariner, can both sides finally agree that we have fundamentally altered our style of play and are now running in an opposite direction to the majority of teams in the US?

Estimated that 10 of 16 US clubs are now implementing aspects of Klinsmann's plan for US Soccer (which WAS our plan) while we scurry back to the comforts of the past.

At this point whatever style we play is irrelevant. It's about results. Hyndman's possession style isn't working either.
the LA Galaxy were a far more exciting possession team under Gullit than under Arena, but I doubt any LA fans would replace Arena with Gullit now.

Whatever style teams are choosing to play, in the end it comes down to results. Get results, and we'll feel a whole lot better as fans. Even I thought Winter's style was some of the best play I'd seen out of TFC (at times) in its history... but losing so much really was a bummer.

And honestly, Mariner's team is scoring more than Winter's was, which is exciting to see. If it was Prekiball 0-0 games again, I'd be pissed off. But this is sort of a happy medium for me.

Alonso
07-14-2012, 04:04 PM
At this point whatever style we play is irrelevant. It's about results. Hyndman's possession style isn't working either.
the LA Galaxy were a far more exciting possession team under Gullit than under Arena, but I doubt any LA fans would replace Arena with Gullit now.

Whatever style teams are choosing to play, in the end it comes down to results. Get results, and we'll feel a whole lot better as fans. Even I thought Winter's style was some of the best play I'd seen out of TFC (at times) in its history... but losing so much really was a bummer.

And honestly, Mariner's team is scoring more than Winter's was, which is exciting to see. If it was Prekiball 0-0 games again, I'd be pissed off. But this is sort of a happy medium for me.

This seems like a fair enough assessment.

I have only ONE request of ML$E:

CAN WE PLEASE STICK TO A SINGLE COACH AND A SINGLE FUCKING PLAN FOR ONCE?!?

CAN WE PLEASE ROW THE BOAT IN THE SAME DIRECTION FOR A MINIMUM OF AT LEAST 3 YEARS?

Is this too much to ask?

sidvan
07-14-2012, 04:39 PM
There will be two seats at the top of 115 not being renewed. Relocation day look for them. #fedup

Pookie
07-14-2012, 04:48 PM

So, if it comes down to results over the long term... are you confident that Anselmi's decision to abandon Klinsmann's blueprint, which has been adopted by the US Soccer Federation and 10 of 16 MLS teams thus far, is the right one to deliver long term results?

Beach_Red
07-14-2012, 05:02 PM
So, if it comes down to results over the long term... are you confident that Anselmi's decision to abandon Klinsmann's blueprint, which has been adopted by the US Soccer Federation and 10 of 16 MLS teams thus far, is the right one to deliver long term results?

If US soccer adopts Klinsmann's blueprint the that style will make its way to TFC - as you said yourself, this is the United States Development League.

Now, if the US starts turning out players in this style and TFC doesn't move to it (and every other Ms team does) that will be a mistake. But as Mariner said, he's prepared to let the players dictate the style of play so when that's what the US is producing, that's what TFC will play.

Pookie
07-14-2012, 05:09 PM
If US soccer adopts Klinsmann's blueprint the that style will make its way to TFC - as you said yourself, this is the United States Development League.

Now, if the US starts turning out players in this style and TFC doesn't move to it (and every other Ms team does) that will be a mistake. But as Mariner said, he's prepared to let the players dictate the style of play so when that's what the US is producing, that's what TFC will play.

So, what experience does Mariner have to indicate to anyone that he is capable of coaching it?

US is producing it now. We can join the 6 teams that aren't playing it, or try to attract the most capable coaches to develop it and profit from this large scale movement. (not saying that was Winter)

denime
07-14-2012, 05:42 PM

Yes he is prepared to do that by waiving and trading any player that can play the "other"style,so the players who are left on roster can play only his style,442, from the '80 when he was a player.

We are going in opposite direction than the rest of soccer world,but that ok since we won 2 games out of 8.

Richard
07-14-2012, 06:09 PM
"He's young. He's very, very hungry. He's one of the best finishers I've seen in the modern era. I'm looking for him to really take the bull by the horns and take this opportunity,” Mariner stated."

Andrew Wiedeman has scored 6 goals in his entire career(since 2008) of any relevance. I think Mariner has lost touch with the real world somewhere, I can understand inflating your player but this is a retarded statment to make. This is a player who at best may become a backup, I dont mind the trade though to be honest. What i do mind is the fact he is bullshiting this much directly, I cant believe he actually means that statment so we can all clearly see he has no spine or respect for our intelligence as fans.

T-boy
07-14-2012, 07:46 PM

It's laughable.

The one thing Mariner can do as well as any coach I've ever seen, is give a player low on confidence a MASSIVE boost of confidence. He's talking him up, as he should. It's not laughable.

The other thing Mariner knows, is his American college talent. Let's not judge a player before even see him play, eh?!

T-boy
07-14-2012, 07:47 PM
I'd laugh at you all if Wiedeman went and scored a load of goals for TFC this season! :)

Beach_Red
07-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Don't worry, he'll be kicked upstairs by then.

In three years this team will be in the same place as if they had stuck with the other plan, sure, it's poor management but it's what we have.

Pookie
07-14-2012, 09:11 PM
^ touché my friend