PDA

View Full Version : So, I was away for 6 days, did I miss anything?

Jeffro
07-14-2012, 01:50 AM
So I went to Quebec, did some whale watching, saw an amazing concert, drank a ton of great Microbrews, toured around old Quebec city and I forgot tfc even played until the day after the game (that's a first), so I've been away since Sunday......... Did I miss anything???

g:D

Flipityflu
07-14-2012, 06:17 AM
i picked up some new socks on Thursday.

nascarguy
07-14-2012, 07:24 AM
i change my underwear

narduch
07-14-2012, 07:26 AM
The Academy has a new logo.

tiberius
07-14-2012, 09:45 AM
So I went to Quebec, did some whale watching, saw an amazing concert, drank a ton of great Microbrews, toured around old Quebec city and I forgot tfc even played until the day after the game (that's a first), so I've been away since Sunday......... Did I miss anything???

g:D

Hey Jeffro - you have not missed much, Here is the Soap Opera Digest highlights in six...

The Front Office Community Coordinator (FOCC) has confirmed that the circus is booked at BMO field for an indefinitely stay - Mariner has been recently promoted to clean up after the elephants....

Mariner instituted a new hoofball safety rule - anyone under 5'7" must be shipped out so they don't get hurt (Julian + Joao are safe and resting elsewhere)

We were over quota on Dutch players with touch, so Soolsma was culled from the herd.

Reminiscent of the MoJo years we have acquired "one of the best finishers I've seen in the modern era" and for the first time ever, we are also being promised a bunch of incredible new signings ... The delay in signings is understandable - Tom Anselmi has issued flashlights to all of the front office staff - they are busy looking for Cochrane's ass. After they find his ass, they will start looking for Earl's pen and paper so he can get the paperwork going to sign "the best players in the world"

Trane went on holidays for a week and got locked up in some Mexican prison on some trumped up drunk and disorderly charge - Julian B. Guzman flew down to Dallas, slipped over the border and bailed him out. Trane's fine now, and he is just thankful that it wasn't a Canadian defender who "shielded" him from southern injustice.

Postings per day on the RPB forums have been way down since Roogsie's exile to the island of Alba. The good news is that he got a lobotomy and accepted electro-shock therapy. The formerly dark brooder, now has the disposition of Mary Sunshine and is posting under his new nom-de-guerre - T-boy. It is too bad we couldn't have the two alter-egos both posting on the board at the same time... sometimes you just can't have everything...

And one last thing... I know you won't believe it... but Frings bounced one off of someone in the 94th minute TO WIN AN EFFING GAME!! The fairy tale rumour is that it was was Dunfield's head, but you and I know that it can't be true as Terry's job is to slide tackle everyone he can find on the field... Fring's is good, but only Beckham can place the ball on a player sprawled on the pitch.

Just another week in paradise!

DaBandit
07-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Hey Jeffro - you have not missed much, Here is the Soap Opera Digest highlights in six...

The Front Office Community Coordinator has confirmed that the circus is booked at BMO field for an indefinitely stay - Mariner has been recently promoted to clean up after the elephants....

Mariner instituted a new hoofball safety rule - anyone under 5'7" must be shipped out so they don't get hurt (Julian + Joao are safe and resting elsewhere)

We were over quota on Dutch players with touch, so Soolsma was culled from the herd.

Reminiscent of the MoJo years we have acquired "one of the best finishers I've seen in the modern era" and for the first time ever, we are also being promised a bunch of incredible new signings ... The delay in signings is understandable - Tom Anselmi has issued flashlights to all of the front office staff - they are busy looking for Cochrane's ass. After they find his ass, they will start looking for Earl's pen and paper so he can get the paperwork going to sign "the best players in the world"

Trane went on holidays for a week and got locked up in some Mexican prison on some trumped up drunk and disorderly charge - Julian B. Guzman flew down to Dallas, slipped over the border and bailed him out. Trane's fine now, and he is just thankful that it wasn't a Canadian defender who "shielded" him from southern injustice.

Postings per day on the RPB forums have been way down since Roogsie's exile to the island of Alba. The good news is that he got a lobotomy and accepted electro-shock therapy. The formerly dark brooder, now has the disposition of Mary Sunshine and is posting under his new nom-de-guerre - T-boy. It is too bad we couldn't have the two alter-egos both posting on the board at the same time... sometimes you just can't have everything...

And one last thing... I know you won't believe it... but Frings bounced one off of someone in the 94th minute TO WIN AN EFFING GAME!! The fairy tale rumour is that it was was Dunfield's head, but you and I know that it can't be true as Terry's job is to slide tackle everyone he can find on the field... Fring's is good, but only Beckham can place the ball on a player sprawled on the pitch.

A fantastic post on a beautiful Saturday morning..

LesH
07-14-2012, 10:31 AM

The Front Office Community Coordinator has confirmed that the circus is booked at BMO field for an indefinitely stay - Mariner has been recently promoted to clean up after the elephants....

Post of the year! g:D :drinking:

MartinUtd
07-14-2012, 10:41 AM
You missed Paul Mariner's genius move of playing Terry Fucking Dunfield for entire games. If there's one thing us fans like, it's players working hard regardless of their skill set. Results will come as we've just seen and now that JDG is gone the most important thing is allocating that portion of our payroll towards securing Terry Fucking Dunfield. The midfield is secure, Danny K is scoring goals... if we can just get Nick Garcia back we will be complete.

tiberius
07-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Hey Jeffro - I missed a news item -

Mariner has invented a new formation - the 4-0-2. Four defenders, no midfield, two strikers. Anselmi loves Mariner's new cost savings initiative - you know how expensive those midfielders can be! Tommy is so excited - he can't wait to tell the board of directors how much money they are going to save!!

The new coach also has implemented very strict rules about leaving your lunch pail and plumber's equipment off the playing field during practice - Mariner had to very sllooowwwlllyyyy explain to them that you don't want to hurt your own teammates by having them trip over your soccer equipment! Even with these tough new practice rules, the on-field strict disciplinarian does have a soft side however... Since the recent embarrassing incident in Houston, he has eased up on the rules and now encourages the boys to bring their lunch pails and pipe wrenches to the nightly team meeting held at the bucket of blood tavern. And PM (always the boy scout) has trained them that before they can start drinking, they must all write in ink on their arms the cell phone number of Julian B. Guzman

LesH
07-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Hey Jeffro - I missed a news item -

Mariner has invented a new formation - the 4-0-2. Four defenders, no midfield, two strikers. The new coach also has implemented very strict rules about leaving your lunch pail and plumber's equipment off the playing field during practice - Mariner had to very sllooowwwlllyyyy explain to them that you don't want to hurt your own teammates by having them trip over your soccer equipment! Even with these tough new practice rules, the on-field strict disciplinarian does have a soft side however... Since the recent embarrassing incident in Houston, he has eased up on the rules and now encourages the boys to bring their lunch pails and pipe wrenches to the nightly team meeting held at the bucket of blood tavern. And PM (always the boy scout) has trained them that before they can start drinking, they must all write in ink on their arms the cell phone number of Julian B. Guzman

@ tiberius

Hey, it looks you have the talent to light the never-ending soap opera called "TFC" in fun, pleasant to read colours!
If you have some free time on your hand every once in a while, you should start a "funny" TFC blog, for sure you'll have a lots of readers if you'll write in the same manner like in your 2 posts in this thread.

Seriously, I'm not joking!

DaBandit
07-14-2012, 12:32 PM
@ tiberius

Hey, it looks you have the talent to light the never-ending soap opera called "TFC" in fun, pleasant to read colours!
If you have some free time on your hand every once in a while, you should start a "funny" TFC blog, for sure you'll have a lots of readers if you'll write in the same manner like in your 2 posts in this thread.

Seriously, I'm not joking!

Agreed definetly one of my favorite poster.. Keep up the good work tiberius

Jeffro
07-15-2012, 12:24 PM

The Front Office Community Coordinator (FOCC) has confirmed that the circus is booked at BMO field for an indefinitely stay - Mariner has been recently promoted to clean up after the elephants....

Amazing post, thanks haha

tiberius
07-15-2012, 12:48 PM
One last news item - after last night's game the team was caught celebrating on film - I kid you not! It is hard to believe, but the team is on their first streak of the season! The boys are understandibly a bit bashful, hence their desire to "hang out" at Gillette Stadium, rather than BMO... On an unrelated note, Toronto FC have also won TWO IN A ROW!!

http://www.tecacentre.net/funpics/funpics/streakers.jpg