PDA

View Full Version : McBride deal about to come down....

jloome
07-14-2008, 02:54 PM
....it mentions lower down in Goff's US Olympic entry.

"McBride had been widely expected to be named, but issues had to be resolved recently with MLS, and particularly the Chicago Fire, where he will likely end up in the coming days after leaving Fulham. Chicago was apprehensive about acquiring him and then losing him for Olympic duty. However, a deal has apparently been reached."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/

Ossington Mental Youth
07-16-2008, 04:04 PM
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/07/chicago-and-tor.html#more

Further news.
Whos side will they step in on?
(im guessing Chicago to be honest)...

H Bomb
07-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Hmmm, this was a big fear of mine. No allocation & drafts picks this time please! Screw Chicago, if they want him, they need to give us something worthwhile.

ensco
07-16-2008, 04:35 PM
There has always been a danger here that Mo is overplaying his hand

Whatever he got for Huckerby, that's likely to be what the league imposes here

please don't cyberpelt me with tomatoes....but I understand the position of McBride and the Fire here - a 35 year old out-of-contract is a free agent in any sport, in any league, in the world, except MLS. The fact that we're getting anything is a function of MLS' screwy cap and allocation rules, many of which need to change for the benefit of all.

Jack
07-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Fuck the MLS. If they step in on this it will be the biggest farce in sports. They make the rules and then bend them for their "special cases"?

Fuck that.

Cambridge_Red
07-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Fuck the MLS. If they step in on this it will be the biggest farce in sports. They make the rules and then bend them for their "special cases"?

Fuck that.

You seem surprised by this Jack.

Phil
07-16-2008, 05:22 PM
If they are bending these rules the league really has to investigate its ethics and credibility.

S_D
07-16-2008, 05:38 PM
If MLS steps in I wonder if they will do it after the allstar game. If TFC gets screwed in the deal and it happens prior to the all star game, the all star game may not be pretty lol

ExiledRed
07-16-2008, 05:48 PM

Fuck that.

QFT.

Either stick to your rules or scrap em entirely. pick.

Fiin
07-16-2008, 05:48 PM

They are legendary at bending the rules. Only thing we have going for us is we arent putas about it and will make a stink they wont soon forget.

brad
07-16-2008, 05:56 PM
I have a feeling we'll get screwed on this.

If the MLS want to broker the deal, the should step in and force Chicago to give us Rolfe , Mapp or Barret, whether they want to or not. We should be getting screwed on it.

However, the MLS is going to want McBride to be on a successful team, they'll want McBride in the playoffs, so I'm doubting they'll do anything that will weaken Chicago. What a joke of a league.

Jack
07-16-2008, 06:19 PM

If MLS steps in I wonder if they will do it after the allstar game. If TFC gets screwed in the deal and it happens prior to the all star game, the all star game may not be pretty lol

I think the protest will certainly have some new-found vigour.

Flipityflu
07-16-2008, 06:20 PM
i so hope that the silly things MLS does when they want a player in a certain place is a thing of the past otherwise the all star protest will take a whole new meaning.

S_D
07-16-2008, 06:31 PM
I don't think TFC will get screwed. I am betting we will get Mapp.

Rolfe as a forward is hard to replace and since Carr is out, the fire will need to keep the depth at the forward position, and they have a number of defenders retiring so Conde may be in their future plans.

rocker
07-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Ya, we have to get something significant or else what's the fuckin point of a "returning national player allocation system"? The thing is designed to give the worst teams a crack at these guys, not the best teams.

If the offer is weak (not Mapp, conde, or Rolfe) it's in TFC's best interest to just forget about it and let McBride go to Seattle when the allocations change in the off season.
Because the gain of McBride will exceed allocations/draft picks and then TFC just strengthened a rival.

Chevy
07-16-2008, 06:43 PM
I agree with most on this thread, but here's another option....

Considering the misses on Dickov, Sukur, Huckerby, etc... maybe Mo will go out and offer McBride our DP slot. I know he wants to be in the U.S. but dollars can change one's mind.

S_D
07-16-2008, 07:12 PM
it would be worth it just to see the fire fans heads explode on BS

arsenal
07-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Looks like this may come to a head before the AllStar game ....

"--An MLS team source said his understanding is that the league might intervene on Brian McBride's behalf in order to get him to Chicago this year. Word is that will happen if an agreement between Toronto and Chicago cannot be reached before the Olympic team convenes on Saturday. Sounds to me like McBride will play in the Olympics and has a desire to play in Chicago for what remains of this season."

http://blog.dispatch.com/crew/

BC101
07-16-2008, 07:19 PM
I think the protest will certainly have some new-found vigour.
Now THAT I can get behind for a protest... Fuck the MLS if their gonna get bitch like this.

Shakes McQueen
07-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Now THAT I can get behind for a protest... Fuck the MLS if their gonna get bitch like this.

Until they place sanctions on the club for the actions of their supporters...

To be quite honest (as a TFC supporter), if I had to choose between getting nothing for him, and having Chicago wait until next season, versus having MLS broker a deal, I'd choose the latter. Of course, that COULD be a false choice - we really don't know how badly Chicago REALLY want McBride.

That said, on an objective level, I really wish MLS would stay out of it. Toronto are abiding by their rules. If the rules are screwy, then change them in the offseason, don't just bend them willy-nilly on a case-by-case basis mid-season.

If MLS want to be treated like a bonafide "league", then start acting like one. I think it's funny that NHL clarifying the whole "goalie screening rule" during the playoffs this season was considered an outrage, but MLS breaking their own rules is not only normal - it's INEVITABLE!

- Scott

Billy the kid
07-16-2008, 08:01 PM
The league might try and act as a mediator but I doubt they'll pull anything too shady. I can't see Mo quietly looking the other way if we get slighted.

arbogast
07-16-2008, 08:03 PM
the precident has been set. when LA wanted Donovan, they had to drop Ruiz. Shitcago want McBride, who is miles better than any of their current strikers, then they have to give up quality in return.

ExiledRed
07-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Until they place sanctions on the club for the actions of their supporters...

what? deduct points from the team because the toronto supporters are vocal in their disagreement with MLS policies? Fine them because their supporters cheered for West Ham instead of the All Stars?

Shake your head, Shakes.

If MLS want to be treated like a bonafide "league", then start acting like one.
- Scott

If they did they would drop the returning player allocation, and everything associated with it and free players to negotiate with the clubs directly instead of forcing them to sign for the single entity league. They would stop rewarding teams for doing badly, and provide a few incentives for teams to actually win.

Dirk Diggler
07-16-2008, 08:57 PM
The problem is that if we don't get a deal done this season, apparently Seattle gets his rights for next season. In that case, we will end up with nothing. And with McBride going to the Olympics, maybe the Fire FO feels as if they wouldn't really benefit from his presence this season, thus they have some leverage on us. I really think that Mo should get something done before the league gets involved. I have no doubt in my mind that if someone gets screwed, it will be us.

Jack
07-16-2008, 09:04 PM
The problem is that if we don't get a deal done this season, apparently Seattle gets his rights for next season. In that case, we will end up with nothing. And with McBride going to the Olympics, maybe the Fire FO feels as if they wouldn't really benefit from his presence this season, thus they have some leverage on us. I really think that Mo should get something done before the league gets involved. I have no doubt in my mind that if someone gets screwed, it will be us.

My feeling is, don't give our division rival a top striker without taking some strong element from their team.

I mean, we have his rights, he won't sign with us, but we shouldn't just take any old thing for them so the team that's just above us in the standings can get stronger without losing anything off their roster.

If we lose his rights, we're still the same, whereas if he goes to Chicago for some allocation or something, they might knock us out of the playoffs on a McBride header in the 91st minute or some shit like that.

bignickel
07-16-2008, 09:56 PM

they have no leverage over us whatsoever. even after the olympics are done the fire still have to play at least 8 games and will be battling for a playoff spot. they will need mcbride big time.

but like jack says we need to take something substantial from them. if we don't then wait out the season and let him go to seattle.

Dirk Diggler
07-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Yeah I kinda agree with you guys. Personally I'm tired of getting allocation money and the likes. It's about time that we actually start signing or trading for guys rather than allocation money to sign players at a later date. The unfortunate thing is that Chicago seems to rate all their players very highly where as I think that none of them are worth what McBride is worth. Seriously, McBride (a Prem regular) for Rolfe or someone is just ridiculous, yet Chicago isn't even willing to do that.

noochie
07-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Yeah I kinda agree with you guys. Personally I'm tired of getting allocation money and the likes. It's about time that we actually start signing or trading for guys rather than allocation money to sign players at a later date. The unfortunate thing is that Chicago seems to rate all their players very highly where as I think that none of them are worth what McBride is worth. Seriously, McBride (a Prem regular) for Rolfe or someone is just ridiculous, yet Chicago isn't even willing to do that.

This is what I find so shocking... especially with Nyarko up and coming. Give us Rolfe or Mapp and go back to the draft for christ sakes. Mo stated again that he is looking at 1 player tonight on Extra Time.

He also mentioned that there is 1 senior player on a non-guaranteed contract thru September 31st (*cough* Cunny *cough*) that we can release to make room.

ExiledRed
07-16-2008, 10:30 PM

We dont actually 'have' Mcbride, whilst they actually 'have' Rolfe.

So Rolfe, for someone that we don't actually have, and can't get for ourself, is reasonable when you think about it.

The question is, does getting Rolfe for ourself, outweigh the cost of giving Chicago McBride?

I say yes, McBride wont last too long, but Rolfe will be tradeable for years to come.

twistedchinaman
07-16-2008, 11:22 PM
it would be worth it just to see the fire fans heads explode on BS

Pray tell, is it like popcorn exploding?

:D

NateDoGG
07-17-2008, 01:10 AM
a fulham season ticket holder told me hes comin to toronto 95%

Shakes McQueen
07-17-2008, 01:48 AM
what? deduct points from the team because the toronto supporters are vocal in their disagreement with MLS policies? Fine them because their supporters cheered for West Ham instead of the All Stars?

Shake your head, Shakes.

Clearly if that is all that happens, then no, nothing will come of it. I'm not an idiot.

But lets say Toronto FC supporters disrupt the game in protest, throw shit on the field, etc. etc. etc. Why is that so far fetched?

Plenty of examples in Europe of clubs getting fined for the actions of their supporters.

- Scott

jloome
07-17-2008, 02:04 AM
If he'll come, we'll get Conde, because he doesn't want to be in Chicago. But that's mostly because he wants to be with Osorio in New York, so it's unlikely.

Next up on the likely list would be Chad Barrett, who is probably going to wind up behind both Rolfe and Frankowski on the depth chart. I don't think we'll get Mapp or Thorrington, or Rolfe for that matter.

After Barrett would be Frankowski, who is well regarded enough to have been a polish national team player but tanked it big time in England, or Marmol , whom they probably really like because he's long been scouted as a major up-and-coming young defensive talent but isn't cracking the lineup and is an import (uruguay? can't remember), so they'll get an int'l slot out of it.

Garber is clearly suggesting they'll "mediate" a resolution here, not impose one. So it's more likely we'll get a player for McBride than just picks or allocations, I think.

Jack
07-17-2008, 07:21 AM
This is brutal.

"Mediate" a resolution? That still means they're going to force us to do something even if the deal's not what we want.

TFC Cityboy
07-17-2008, 08:06 AM
Forgive me if I don't get my hopes too high. I reckon Mo will now turn his sights to any of the RPBs who can do 10 keep-e-ups at the tailgate on saturday..this transfer saga is pissing m,e off royally now Dickov has opted for Andy Welsh and the other donkeys at Blackpool.
:( :(

invictusTFC
07-17-2008, 08:17 AM

Yeah, with our luck he'll sign for the rest of the season and then opt to go to the Olympics only to sign for Chicago next season. We're gonna get screwed.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Id take him doing nothing for the rest of the season and us getting nothing over getting a draft pick and hiim going to Chicago

noochie
07-17-2008, 08:40 AM
I think we are getting a "mediated" draft pick and nothing else.

Oldtimer
07-17-2008, 08:46 AM
MLS commissioner Don Garber admitted on Wednesday that if the Fire and Toronto can't come to an agreement on a deal that MLS will step in to help broker a deal. Just what sort of deal remains to be seen.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/07/chicago-and-tor.html

S_D
07-17-2008, 09:05 AM
I am sure we will get decent compensation. It will be more than just a draft pick and cash.

Look at it this way...

1) McBride may be older but he could last more than a couple of seasons.
2) McBride is going to play for less than DP money... huge value in that
3) Mapp and Rolfe are by no means all stars or even stars. They have the potential of being solid MLSers but nothing more from what I have seen.
4) Chad Barrett is Cunningham II... No way will Mo accept it
5) There is no way that we will accept players that Chicago wants to get rid of.
6) Carr is injured, so they can't unload him on us.
7) If Garber forces a trade, he will realize that Toronto will have to release a player. There has to be an upgrade.
8) No way will we give us Frankowski, and no way we want him. He has been a waste of money for the fire. But if traded, word gets around and what European will want to come over to the Fire only to get dumped?

Mo will get what he wants. One of Rolfe, Mapp or Conde

And here is what I think will happen:

Conde: (even though I am concerned he wants to go to the NYRB), the guy looked great and makes one of our older CB's expendable via trade. Who knows he may like it here! Bet on Marshall leaving.

Rolfe: Bye Bye cunnigham

Mapp: I wouldn't be surprised to see Robert go. He has been getting frustrated, and he is on a non guarunteed contract if I remember correctly. Otherwise it will be Jarrod Smith.

GabrielHurl
07-17-2008, 09:47 AM
After the way he played Saturday night - I'd take Rolfe in a heartbeat

Don Julio
07-17-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm starting to see why MLS chose West Ham

Ossington Mental Youth
07-17-2008, 11:35 AM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/soccer_redcard/
Still nothing

Marc"2L"
07-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Just throwing it out there. Nobody has thought of Robbo going back home to be with his kid. If we needed to get rid of a player, you ever know.

Just saying.

Jack
07-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Just throwing it out there. Nobody has thought of Robbo going back home to be with his kid. If we needed to get rid of a player, you ever know.

Just saying.
Doubt it. That's settled down.

Losing Robbo would be a disaster.

TO DEVILS
07-17-2008, 12:09 PM

To who? For everyball he gets back he loses 3.

Did you watch the Vancouver game in Van City?

Ossington Mental Youth
07-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Agreed with Jack, Robbo and his fam are here (at their country house in Barrie, HA!).
And i cant think realistically of a better player with which we could replace him at a lower fee. Dude is here to stay and im quite fine with that.

Jack
07-17-2008, 12:11 PM
To who? For everyball he gets back he loses 3.

Did you watch the Vancouver game in Van City?
I don't agree with this statement.

He had a bad game there, for sure, but he's still the central cog in our machine.

When he's off form, we are much worse, as evidenced by that game.

sweetlemon69
07-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Robbo is a solid distributor of the ball in the middle third. I agree with Jack.

coisty1966
07-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Robbo is a solid distributor of the ball in the middle third. I agree with Jack.

he calms thisngs down in the mid field and never panics on the ball......bad games now and again? sure, just like everyone else.....now if we can just stop him from shooting!!!:p

Dirk Diggler
07-17-2008, 03:01 PM

I don't think it'd be a "disaster" by any stretch. However, Robbo has been one of the more effective players thus far this season and there are atleast 5 guys that I would get rid of before him.

jloome
07-17-2008, 03:18 PM

Yeah, unfortunately most of the time that's all he's been doing.

Actually, that's harsh. His man-marking is very good when he's asked to take on a role, as with shutting down a particular player. But zonally, his reading of the field going backwards is quite poor, which is one of the reasons opposing teams are able to develop pressure against us so quickly -- no breakup in the midfield.

I'd much prefer him as a central two-way player than being the main defensive cog; he's just not very good at it. Plus, his short passing is his effective game. Haven't seen robinson metaphorically "put one on the tape" to a forward all season, which speaks to his inability to distribute over distance.

The irony is that even wth those limitations he's still one of the best holders in the league; Stammler in New York is one who comes to mind as being better this year, also Shalrie Joseph in New England. I think Thorrington is "supposed" to be a holding mid for Chicago, but he carries the ball really well -- and often -- as well, so I'm not sure,

MFG1
07-17-2008, 05:00 PM
you guys are real connoiseurs of crack..... Robbo is who is who he is and for the most part we do need him, but way too many times he blindly side passes to either 1, empty space, 2,right on the foot of an UNMARKED opposing player. His short passing drives me nuts and IMO stalls the game, not to our advantage. Compare last year when he took most of the free kicks compared to this year. Drastically dropped off, his placement isnt the best, oh well. I guess there is someone for everyone.

I am going to count how many wasted passes he makes this weekend, start a thread and keep tabs. Im going to count genuine "rookie" type stupid blind passes that end up in a friggen turnover time after time after time.

Jack
07-17-2008, 05:12 PM
you guys are real connoiseurs of crack..... Robbo is who is who he is and for the most part we do need him, but way too many times he blindly side passes to either 1, empty space, 2,right on the foot of an UNMARKED opposing player. His short passing drives me nuts and IMO stalls the game, not to our advantage. Compare last year when he took most of the free kicks compared to this year. Drastically dropped off, his placement isnt the best, oh well. I guess there is someone for everyone.

I am going to count how many wasted passes he makes this weekend, start a thread and keep tabs. Im going to count genuine "rookie" type stupid blind passes that end up in a friggen turnover time after time after time.

Do both.

Count his bad ones and his good ones, so we have a percentage.

MFG1
07-17-2008, 07:05 PM
i will do my duty and do my most objectively minded best! :)

Jack
07-17-2008, 07:42 PM
i will do my duty and do my most objectively minded best! :)

:p

Just a suggestion. I mean, obviously we notice the bad ones, but he makes a large number of good ones every game...

Jimmy The Saint
07-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Robbo, Robbo, Robbo. So many staunch defenders here.

If he could actually fire a ball on target, I'd say something nice. But alongside his awful passing this season, the best he can do is hit the Food Building or some poor kid in a wheelchair at the top of 114.

Jack
07-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Awful passing? Man... you guys are a tough crew.

I agree that he's not the BEST passer, but if you look at the number of balls that go through him vs. the number that he loses, you'll see what I mean.

That plus his ball-winning and man marking are very good.

The problem with the DM position is that the only time someone notices them is when they fuck up.

Watch him more closely and you'll see what I mean.

Stencils
07-17-2008, 08:03 PM
I think Robbo does a good job. As a midfielder during my "career" I can understand where the feeling that 'he doesn't do much' comes from.

He's got a vital role trying to manage the ball while the rest of the play moves up field without getting exposed. The fact we've had so many attacking chance (that we fail to convert) is directly attributable to Robbo and Edu's work (since we have a penchant for playing it up the middle on many occasions).

I would argue that we don't use enough wing play since we seem more dangerous playing that game, but fair dues to Robbo, guys. We lament our finishing because we get chances to finish. That's all the proof I need that our midfield is doing its job.

As for his shots at the goal...well, I hope he's at least working on that in training.

ManUtd4ever
07-17-2008, 08:05 PM
I think Robbo does a good job. As a midfielder during my "career" I can understand where the feeling that 'he doesn't do much' comes from.

He's got a vital role trying to manage the ball while the rest of the play moves up field without getting exposed. The fact we've had so many attacking chance (that we fail to convert) is directly attributable to Robbo and Edu's work (since we have a penchant for playing it up the middle on many occasions).

I would argue that we don't use enough wing play since we seem more dangerous playing that game, but fair dues to Robbo, guys. We lament our finishing because we get chances to finish. That's all the proof I need that our midfield is doing its job.

Agreed...

BakaGaijin
07-17-2008, 08:27 PM

I agree 1000%

Smenge
07-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Robinson has been a momentum killer all season. We did count the number of times he placed the ball directly on an opposing player's foot during the game against chicago. It was 9 times.

Oblio2
07-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Robinson has been a momentum killer all season. We did count the number of times he placed the ball directly on an opposing player's foot during the game against chicago. It was 9 times.

Yawn.
Robinson is a good player.
Did you count the number of good passes?

ExiledRed
07-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Yawn.
Robinson is a good player.
Did you count the number of good passes?

I'll defend Robbo most times, but on Saturday he was like the wheel of fortune whenever he got the ball.

Just spin it, and whichever direction its pointing when it stops is the direction the ball takes. Sometimes it's a good'un sometimes it's a bad'un.

We needed a bit more consistency and precision on Saturday, is all.

ensco
07-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Haven't had a good Robinson dustup in a while.

I almost forgot, Mo's gotta go, by the way.

nascarguy
07-18-2008, 04:55 PM
report yesterday said the Chicago Fire -- McBride's hometown team -- may ask the MLS to help them pry the striker's rights from TFC.

note to mls do that & you can kiss my ass mls

nascarguy
07-18-2008, 04:56 PM
On the McBride front, the 36-year-old striker was named to the U.S. Olympic team yesterday and, coincidentally, will play alongside TFC's Maurice Edu and Marvell Wynne, who also were selected.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/TorontoFC/2008/07/18/6195086-sun.html

Stryker
07-18-2008, 08:25 PM
On the McBride front, the 36-year-old striker was named to the U.S. Olympic team yesterday and, coincidentally, will play alongside TFC's Maurice Edu and Marvell Wynne

Hopefully Edu will go for goal and "accidently" unleash a cracker right into the back of Mcbride's skull.

Not that I'm bitter or anything. :p

S_D
07-18-2008, 08:43 PM
report yesterday said the Chicago Fire -- McBride's hometown team -- may ask the MLS to help them pry the striker's rights from TFC.

note to mls do that & you can kiss my ass mls

This may have been Chicago's plan all along once they realized that they couldn't get Mcbride for a low draft pick and perhaps a player that nobody wants.

As soon as they realized that TFC wanted value, Kloppas whined to the media.. remember the ohhh comeonnn TFC do the right thing.

They know to get the rights right now, they have to give up one of two or three players, Mapp, Rolfe or maybe Conde.

By getting the Don to step in they MAY have to give up less, or give up one of the three which is no worse then where they started from. Even though it may be a small chance, it is worth taking.

The second thing is what role will Garber play? Is he there just to get them talking and find a solution or is he there to settle the dispute by deciding who goes where? I am sure he will definitely try the prior before doing the latter. And I guess the next question is will he be willing to do the latter?

And for any MLS rule geeks out there, if we are say forced to accept Barrett who is a downgrade on our existing squad, can he be traded immediately or do we have to drop a player (even if it is for a millisecond while MO confirms the deal if there is one) in order to take the player on our roster and then trade him?

And as for the Olymics, don't forget that McBride's brother said that he may be willing to forgo the Olympics if the Fire deal gets done. So lets not assume that the Fire won't get him until September-ish.

And if the positions were reversed and McBride wanted to play here and Chicago had the allocation, I wonder who they would be demanding from our squad. Mo would offer cunningham I am sure :D but I bet Chicago would be asking for Ricketts.

Jack
07-18-2008, 08:46 PM
If Garber forces this to happen for anything less than Mo wants, it won't be pretty.

I'll bet he'll wait until after the All-Farce Game.

Chevy
07-18-2008, 08:48 PM
^^ I agree. If Garber has half a brain, that is.

ManUtd4ever
07-18-2008, 08:53 PM
^^ Yes, and if the Donovan deal set any kind of meaningful precedent, Mo is well within his rights to be holding out for a front line player in exchange for the rights to McBride...

MFG1
07-18-2008, 10:16 PM
If Garber forces this to happen for anything less than Mo wants, it won't be pretty.

I'll bet he'll wait until after the All-Farce Game.

Spoken for truth, if they think wearing a measly black t shirt, to support our SSS, in some executives eyes, would be considered a potential negative message or vibe at the allstar game. I certainly hope every fans concern about getting this kind of slap in the face, would promote something like the mother of all protests!!!

JDG
07-18-2008, 10:24 PM
It should be noted, for anyone who thinks it's a raw deal for the MLS to intervene here, that MLS intervened to get us Guevara.

tfc_4_ever
07-18-2008, 10:34 PM
It should be noted, for anyone who thinks it's a raw deal for the MLS to intervene here, that MLS intervened to get us Guevara.

Off Topic:

But can anyone else see JDG's Signiture?

Roogsy
07-18-2008, 10:36 PM
LMAO! :rofl:

Hilarious JDG...

tfc_4_ever
07-18-2008, 10:41 PM
LMAO! :rofl:

Hilarious JDG...

I dont get it :noidea::confused:

tfc_4_ever
07-18-2008, 10:46 PM
I get it. I feel like a noob but I am definintiley a extraextraextraordinary supporter

Jack
07-19-2008, 01:40 AM
What did they do?

Razcle
07-19-2008, 08:17 AM
^ And we all sit and wait in suspence

S_D
07-19-2008, 08:25 AM
From what I remember, MLS didn't set up the deal with Chivas for his rights (at least it wasn't public), they stepped in and negotiated with the Honduran team he was playing with in order to get him here and his salary.

I see your point JDG, but we should ignore anything that potentially reduces what we can expect from Chicago :D

Phil
07-19-2008, 08:26 AM

I thought that we worked the deal out with Chivas on our own. Chivas owed us considering we traded for him last year and he left the trade dead on the table and went home. To me, Chivas 'owed' us one on that.

S_D
07-19-2008, 06:08 PM
an interesting post in BS by someone who "claims" to have a better inside source than ives or Goff
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713699&page=28 (http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713699&page=28)

Toronto has been offered Barrett or Rolfe, straight up, they want more than that if one of these players are involved. They'll take Mapp straight up, though. How do I know that?, I have better sources than Ives or Goff.
Those are the facts; anything else is bullshit, Conde isn't even in the mix.

Johnston has been offered, separately, two players that will certainly have a longer career than Brian McBride; baring an exceptional injury.
He wants more than either one of them in the package, like allocation monies and a first round draft pick thrown into the deal.

Not that I accept that this is the gospel truth.. but asking for Mapp OR either Rolfe or Barrett ++ sounds like Mo working on a fleecing :D

MFG1
07-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Well here I stand, with full apologies, for this game at least, was Robbo's finest performance as a member of TFC. Absolutely the MOM and lets see more of this Carl Robinson.

Stryker
07-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Take Rolfe and run.
No seriously, I`m begging you Mo, TAKE ROLFE.

Jack
07-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Ok...so anyone count the number of giveaways by Robbo today?

I did. 0 giveaways.

He made every pass I saw him take. A couple that were too heavy over the top down the wing for Ricketts, but that happens to everyone.

He was a rock out there today.

S_D
07-19-2008, 07:49 PM
^ and don't forget several beauti slide tackles too. He was a great destroyer today.

For those robbo haters (especially vs. Chicago), he played against blanco... he makes everyone look bad lol

Smenge
07-19-2008, 08:11 PM
I think he was reading my posts, cause he did play much better. It seems he always has his best games when Edu isn't playing. Can't blame anybody for todays draw, except of course the officiating.

Jack
07-19-2008, 08:55 PM
He played like he has all season except for one or two bad games.

It's not his fault the guys up ahead of him can't seal the deal.

ExiledRed
07-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Take Rolfe and run.
No seriously, I`m begging you Mo, TAKE ROLFE.

At this point, yes. deal. done, lets fuckin' go.

jloome
07-19-2008, 10:53 PM
At this point, yes. deal. done, lets fuckin' go.

Mo's got nothing to lose, if that's the case, by waiting to see how the league arbitrates it, because they're unlikely to give TFC LESS than they've already been offered. Worst comes to worst, they say Rolfe for McBride is a fair swing and we get a decent, young and hustling striker. At least it's someone decent to pair with Ibrahim, so that we can finally play with two out-and-out strikers (just in time for Edu to fuck off to the Olympics).

Alarius
07-20-2008, 09:20 AM
I'm at the point where i really dont care anymore.. Just get it over with..

Fiin
07-20-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm at the point where i really dont care anymore.. Just get it over with..

Seconded.. this shits gone from fun, to boring.. to just annoying now.