PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Wednesday,Jul.11

denime
07-11-2012, 05:37 AM
Mornin'

GAME DAY !

TFC TV (http://www.torontofc.ca/video)

Toronto Has Incentive To Perform

(http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/07/toronto-has-incentive-perform)Which TFC team will show up? (http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/10/which-tfc-team-will-show-up)

TFC letting Plata off the hook? (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/07/10/is_toronto_fc_letting_plata_off_the_hook/)

Vancouver Whitecaps at Toronto FC: Wednesday match preview (http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/article/1224513--vancouver-whitecaps-at-toronto-fc-wednesday-match-preview)

Whitecaps FC-Toronto FC Preview (http://stats.cbc.ca/mls/preview.asp?lg=MLS&g=2012071122&ref=rec&tm=22&src=MLS)

TFC Related Blogs !!

(http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?29582-TFC-MLS-blogs-thread)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshine-girl)

(http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/07/toronto-has-incentive-perform)

DOMIN8R
07-11-2012, 05:55 AM
Merci, Denime.

denime
07-11-2012, 06:29 AM
TFC letting Plata off the hook? (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/07/10/is_toronto_fc_letting_plata_off_the_hook/)

I don't believe one word,Plata and his old/new club can not announce him and let him train without TFC paperwork.I'm sure FIFA would have something to say about this fiasco if there was anything wrong ongoing.

TFC FO is really out of the depth when it comes to players management.

Plata saga continues:

The MLS club named Plata to its roster for road games against Dallas and Philadelphia last week. Plata did not travel for those matches, and all the while the Reds maintained that the Ecuadorian forward was still a TFC player.

And yet despite being shown up by the Ecuadorian, TFC did not consider pulling the plug on the deal with Quito.
TFC previously played hard ball with players over a variety of infractions, namely Dwayne de Rosario, Adrian Cann and Keven Aleman. So why didn't the MLS club take a hard-line stance and kill the loan deal, thus forcing Plata to return to Toronto?

There must be something in his contract that allowed him to go back on his terms,some clause that TFC FO did not see,or read,otherwise I'm sure they would act the same they did with DeRo,Cann or Aleman.

But that's all the more reason why they should have killed the deal with Quito.
There is a very important principle involved here, one that supersedes the club's need to strengthen its roster with new signings. Rewarding Plata for his behaviour with a loan move he was obviously eager to see completed sends the absolute wrong message, and gives the impression that TFC is a patsy organization that allows players to walk all over them.

"There are extenuating circumstances about why we're doing it. We need (him) to develop and we think it's good for him to go back to his home land with his home club to come back to us in January a better player," Mariner said.

If he wants to come back.

Stouffville_RPB
07-11-2012, 06:37 AM
I find the part where it states "loan move he was obviously eager to see completed sends the absolute wrong message, and gives the impression that TFC is a patsy organization" amusing because it assumes everything before this fiasco didn't make them look like a "patsy organization". :smilielol5:

bones
07-11-2012, 07:21 AM
I like John's article at the end where it says "Canadian midfielder Julian de Guzman told reporters that he is in the early stages of negotiations on a new contract with the club. De Guzman's current deal expires in December." If we can get JDG on regular contract for next year and bring in a DP defender to lead the back line then we'll be in good shape.

(bring on the JDG haters in 3.....2.....1.....)

TOBOR !
07-11-2012, 07:21 AM
For one, sending Plata on loan would free up valuable salary cap space and allow the last-place Reds (2-11-4, 10 points) to sign new players.

As if.

TOBOR !
07-11-2012, 07:32 AM
Imagine a big fucking tattoo of this scrawled across your right thigh :

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

DO NOT CLICK THE SSG LINK

ManUtd4ever
07-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Well, while we still might not be aware of the particulars regarding Plata's loan agreement, it appears as though the initial reports that insinuated that he orchestrated his move back to his former club were accurate.

It definitely seems like Cochrane's initial response, which suggested TFC initiated all this, was a BS attempt to save face for the organization. Mariner's initial response to this ordeal was more telling, as if Plata had pulled rank on him or something.

Based on the comments in the article, it seems the rationale of the FO is that even if TFC has the legal authority to squash Plata's return to his former club, it wouldn't benefit either side to force a player to stay against his wishes, and the situation will be revisited in 6 months.

Eastend
07-11-2012, 07:47 AM

No no no no no no no no no no......you know that when you tupe this it means EVERYONE WILL click the link, especially those that weren't going to to begin with

cincy
07-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Didn't see this anywhere else a little off topic but...

The other De Guzman .. JDG2 signed with Swansea yesterday.

Pookie
07-11-2012, 08:19 AM
I like John's article at the end where it says "Canadian midfielder Julian de Guzman told reporters that he is in the early stages of negotiations on a new contract with the club. De Guzman's current deal expires in December." If we can get JDG on regular contract for next year and bring in a DP defender to lead the back line then we'll be in good shape.

(bring on the JDG haters in 3.....2.....1.....)

Actually, it would be a very good use of the Canadian roster spot allocation if we can do it. JDG, Morgan and Henry taking up the mandatory 3 spots and then let everyone else fight for their jobs. Assuming of course we have a lead on other available NA players.

[NBF]
07-11-2012, 08:26 AM

Good move for JDG2, I hope David Hoilett loses this guys phone number and doesnt sign with Swansea. Its a good move for Swansea but its tough to say how he fits in a 4-3-3.

Yohan
07-11-2012, 08:28 AM

Loan from villareal

Canary10
07-11-2012, 08:31 AM

I am really interested to see how he does there. They are the little club that plays football the right way. If England had had a couple of their players, like Leon Britton, we wouldn't have been talking about how they can't pass or hold possession in the Euro. Unfortunately, Britton doesn't play for Liverpool, so he was overlooked.

denime
07-11-2012, 08:32 AM
;1509602']Good move for JDG2, I hope David Hoilett loses this guys phone number and doesnt sign with Swansea. Its a good move for Swansea but its tough to say how he fits in a 4-3-3.

JDG2 grow up playing 433 with F. Rotterdam,I'm sure he will fit in easy.

TOBOR !
07-11-2012, 08:58 AM

you're not trying...

Is Swansea sticking with the 4-3-3 now that Rodgers has left the club ?

Greatest Ripoff
07-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Well, while we still might not be aware of the particulars regarding Plata's loan agreement, it appears as though the initial reports that insinuated that he orchestrated his move back to his former club were accurate.

Where are you getting this form? Is there an evidence this is true?

TOBOR !
07-11-2012, 09:21 AM
^ Did you read Molinaro's article ?

T-boy
07-11-2012, 09:35 AM
;1509602']Good move for JDG2, I hope David Hoilett loses this guys phone number and doesnt sign with Swansea. Its a good move for Swansea but its tough to say how he fits in a 4-3-3.

Will Swansea be playing 4-3-3 for sure next season? New manager may mean completely different system there. They definitely won't be the defensive tight unit there were the last few seasons, for sure.

T-boy
07-11-2012, 09:36 AM
you're not trying...

Is Swansea sticking with the 4-3-3 now that Rodgers has left the club ?

I didn't see your post before I just said the same thing above!

denime
07-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Will Swansea be playing 4-3-3 for sure next season? New manager may mean completely different system there. They definitely won't be the defensive tight unit there were the last few seasons, for sure.

Swansea FO are not retards like TFC,they will look for a manger who will/can coach the same system.

Pookie
07-11-2012, 09:41 AM

It definitely seems like Cochrane's initial response, which suggested TFC initiated all this, was a BS attempt to save face for the organization. Mariner's initial response to this ordeal was more telling, as if Plata had pulled rank on him or something.

Based on the comments in the article, it seems the rationale of the FO is that even if TFC has the legal authority to squash Plata's return to his former club, it wouldn't benefit either side to force a player to stay against his wishes, and the situation will be revisited in 6 months.

Oh I think he soured on TFC and wanted out. And I think that Cochrane, in trying to cover it by saying they were working on it for months, actually shed light on a bigger issue.

The big questions are:

WHY did TFC's player of the year sour on Toronto and want out?

WHY did Mariner sour on TFC's recently re-signed player of the year?

... and the biggest question, when Cochrane says they have been working on this for "several months" WHEN did all this happen?

Working backwards:

end of June - Plata leaves
early June - Mariner official coach
mid May- Assistant Coaching shuffle - BDK out, Brennan in, Mariner starts working with team
May 3 - Rollins leaks Mariner gets 3 year extension
late April - Anselmi meets with Winter. Winter doesn't disclose meeting results
early - mid April - extension plans in motion?
end March - TFC Transfer Window closes
Jan - March - players come, rumored to be signed, not a lot happens outside of Eckersley and Plata

The answer to WHEN becomes a very telling piece of a picture that paints internal strife, mis-aligned roles and responsibilities, and a leader in Tom Anselmi who continues to let this happen.

Cochrane may have been covering up a smaller issue but in doing so he has turned the floodlight on a series of very troubling examples. Sadly, examples that aren't new.

T-boy
07-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Swansea FO are not retards like TFC,they will look for a manger who will/can coach the same system.

It's extremely rare that any club would JUST hire a new coach purely based on that he could coach the same system. The majority of clubs just hire the "best available coach".

spark
07-11-2012, 09:54 AM

Laudrup was part of the Danish generation that was heavily influenced by the Dutch style of play. He was at Barca and played under Cruyff, finished his career at Ajax.

Not to mention, he already coached JDG2 at Mallorca. You could maybe argue Laudrup might be better than Rogers.

T-boy
07-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Can anybody let us know how the MLS is involved in the Plata saga? I'm assuming Plata is in breach of his contract with the league (not just TFC) and hence why there has been no media release about Plata. I'm assuming the matter is in the hands on the league as they own his rights?

Anybody shed a little light on this?

T-boy
07-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Laudrup was part of the Danish generation that was heavily influenced by the Dutch style of play. He was at Barca and played under Cruyff, finished his career at Ajax.

Not to mention, he already coached JDG2 at Mallorca. You could maybe argue Laudrup might be better than Rogers.

rogers played a fairly conservative/defensive version of 4-3-3. Swansea let in the least goals two seasons running in the Championship, and also had one of the lowest goalscoring records. The season before they got promoted, their top scorer scored only around ten goals! I'm sure Laudrup will be play a little more liberally going forward.

scooter
07-11-2012, 09:58 AM
mornin d

denime
07-11-2012, 10:05 AM
rogers played a fairly conservative/defensive version of 4-3-3. Swansea let in the least goals two seasons running in the Championship, and also had one of the lowest goalscoring records. The season before they got promoted, their top scorer scored only around ten goals! I'm sure Laudrup will be play a little more liberally going forward.

defensive version of 4-3-3 is point to the front, offensive is point to the back,it is still 4-3-3.

and as far the best available coach comment T-Boy , the way it works is, you look for the coach who can do it,and if you run out of all options you go with best available that can fit your system and players you have on your roster,you don't hire 1st available coach who will do full overhaul unless you will blow up the whole roster and start from scratch.

mdc 77
07-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Swansea made it clear when they were searching for a new manager that they would find someone who carried on the clubs philosophy. They hired Michael Laudrup which will carry on that philosophy.

Swansea is very different from TFC though, this system has been in place at Swansea for years. It would be beyond foolish to change now. At TFC we haven't had enough time to start with any kind of philosophy, not saying that its right to totally change course now. However I still don't think that TFC has dropped the idea of developing the system that Winter wanted. The academy is still being run that way, the first team may not but it became evident that the first team could not play the way Winter wanted.

WestStandGeoff
07-11-2012, 10:15 AM
No no no no no no no no no no......you know that when you tupe this it means EVERYONE WILL click the link, especially those that weren't going to to begin with

Yup - I scrolled right past the link, but Tobor's warning just brought me right back... knowing there is some kind of train wreck waiting around the corner, I wasn't going to miss it!

T-boy
07-11-2012, 10:18 AM
defensive version of 4-3-3 is point to the front, offensive is point to the back,it is still 4-3-3.

and as far the best available coach comment T-Boy , the way it works is, you look for the coach who can do it,and if you run out of all options you go with best available that can fit your system and players you have on your roster,you don't hire 1st available coach who will do full overhaul unless you will blow up the whole roster and start from scratch.

That's how most teams do it, I'd say. How about Spurs right now - sellling Van Der Vaart as he "doesn't fit into Villas Boas plans". Selling the guy who has been pivitol to your success the last few seasons? That doesnt' seem like a team who is continueing on from where Redknapp left! How about Liverpool changing from Benitez to Hodgson and then Dalglish - selling all their Spanish players and buying all British players. Pretty much overhauling their squad in less than a season. Aston Villa last season is another good example. And Newcastle (did the opposite to Liverpool, started selling their UK players and getting European and African players instead when Pardew took over). I can keep giving example of where clubs definitely do NOT find a new coach that matches the philosaphy of the old one...

T-boy
07-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Yup - I scrolled right past the link, but Tobor's warning just brought me right back... knowing there is some kind of train wreck waiting around the corner, I wasn't going to miss it!

I didn't look originally. Now I wanted to see thew train wreck..I just couldn't help it. And now I've gone blind....!

starter
07-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Swansea made it clear when they were searching for a new manager that they would find someone who carried on the clubs philosophy. They hired Michael Laudrup which will carry on that philosophy.

Swansea is very different from TFC though, this system has been in place at Swansea for years. It would be beyond foolish to change now. At TFC we haven't had enough time to start with any kind of philosophy, not saying that its right to totally change course now. However I still don't think that TFC has dropped the idea of developing the system that Winter wanted. The academy is still being run that way, the first team may not but it became evident that the first team could not play the way Winter wanted.
Either this, or we were a player or 2 close to making it work.

DaBandit
07-11-2012, 10:22 AM

LOL.. thanks for the warning. But really you know when someone puts a warning like that out, most people will just have to click on the link just out of curiosity..

EDIT: sorry late to the party, Eastender beat me to the punch..

denime
07-11-2012, 10:22 AM
That's how most teams do it, I'd say. How about Spurs right now - sellling Van Der Vaart as he "doesn't fit into Villas Boas plans". Selling the guy who has been pivitol to your success the last few seasons? That doesnt' seem like a team who is continueing on from where Redknapp left! How about Liverpool changing from Benitez to Hodgson and then Dalglish - selling all their Spanish players and buying all British players. Pretty much overhauling their squad in less than a season. Aston Villa last season is another good example. And Newcastle (did the opposite to Liverpool, started selling their UK players and getting European and African players instead when Pardew took over). I can keep giving example of where clubs definitely do NOT find a new coach that matches the philosaphy of the old one...

So you are ok if TFC blows up roster this October once again,like 7 coaches and 6 roster blow ups in 6 years are ok for you,is that the standard that we are suppose to live by?

TOBOR !
07-11-2012, 10:38 AM
So you are ok if TFC blows up roster this October once again,like 7 coaches and 6 roster blow ups in 6 years are ok for you,is that the standard that we are suppose to live by?

I guess when you have a style / philosophy that has worked for you, you bring in someone who can continue the tradition.

Whereas we haven't stuck with anything long enough to see if it would work out for us we are able to hire just about anybody with any philosophy.

So, in a way that's good. Right ? We're not so inflexible that we're limited to only a certain type of coaching style at our club.

We can hire the best man available. Hooray !

T-boy
07-11-2012, 10:38 AM

My opinion of football clubs is clearly different to a lot of people. I think you keep changing until you find the right formula. Keeping a failing formula doesn't work. I always think that if a club is failing, it will keep failing. If a bunch of players is failing, they won't change or improve, they will keep failing. If a coach is failing, he will keep failing. Etc etc. Some clubs have to go through a lot of changes (managers, coaches, players) until they find THAT one formula that works. Sometimes it takes years, sometimes it takes one change and then you find the right manager and set of players.

What will often happen is that when a club find that right formula, it means that formula is short lived. A club often eventually fails due to its success. A good manager eventually leaves for a better club (Rogers going to Liverpool is a good example). And players that are great and find success then go to another club for more money. It's the way of football. Then that club has to start over again, and search for a new formula.

VERY few football clubs have the same formula for years and years (Man Utd, Arsenal). Most go through fairly constant change as they HAVE to (Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Aston Villa, etc etc).

T-boy
07-11-2012, 10:40 AM
I guess when you have a style / philosophy that has worked for you, you bring in someone who can continue the tradition.

Whereas we haven't stuck with anything long enough to see if it would work out for us we are able to hire just about anybody with any philosophy.

So, in a way that's good. Right ? We're not so inflexible that we're limited to only a certain type of coaching style at our club.

We can hire the best man available. Hooray !

So the question is - HOW long do you wait to see if that manager/system will work? And how long is waiting too long as it continues to fail?

Oldtimer
07-11-2012, 10:42 AM

This is exactly how NY managed to tank for all of their existence until Red Bull bought them. Rotating coaches and players. The MetroStars alienated much of their fanbase, including most of their supporters. Most never came back, even after Red Bull took over. Truly a lesson for TFC.

So the question is - HOW long do you wait to see if that manager/system will work? And how long is waiting too long as it continues to fail?

Manager and system are different questions. For a system, at least 3 years, maybe much more.

denime
07-11-2012, 10:43 AM

KC 5 years,RSL 3 years ,it comes down to FO.TFC FO is all about ST Renewals,so for TFC FO 1 year is long term already

Gazza
07-11-2012, 10:45 AM

Aaron Winter is available.

Oldtimer
07-11-2012, 10:46 AM
My opinion of football clubs is clearly different to a lot of people. I think you keep changing until you find the right formula. Keeping a failing formula doesn't work. I always think that if a club is failing, it will keep failing. If a bunch of players is failing, they won't change or improve, they will keep failing. If a coach is failing, he will keep failing. Etc etc. Some clubs have to go through a lot of changes (managers, coaches, players) until they find THAT one formula that works. Sometimes it takes years, sometimes it takes one change and then you find the right manager and set of players.

What will often happen is that when a club find that right formula, it means that formula is short lived. A club often eventually fails due to its success. A good manager eventually leaves for a better club (Rogers going to Liverpool is a good example). And players that are great and find success then go to another club for more money. It's the way of football. Then that club has to start over again, and search for a new formula.

VERY few football clubs have the same formula for years and years (Man Utd, Arsenal). Most go through fairly constant change as they HAVE to (Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Aston Villa, etc etc).

In a salary-capped league you can't do that, because you can't rotate the squad except at high cost. Constant rotation = forever failing in a capped league.

Oldtimer
07-11-2012, 10:48 AM
KC 5 years,RSL 3 years ,it comes down to FO.TFC FO is all about ST Renewals,so for TFC FO 1 year is long term already

The worst thing that ever happened to TFC was selling out in year 1. Now they have to defend that base in the short-term because you are not allowed to have a dip and keep your bonus.

T-boy
07-11-2012, 10:51 AM

If you're saying KC between 2005 and 2010, they DID have some success in that time, qualifying for the play offs twice. So, it wasn't like they WAITED 5 years with the same FAILING system. They waited while they had success.

While RSL DID change manager after their first was poor, and Kreis only took one season to get into the play-offs. so, they didn't actual wait very long changing either!

TFC have NEVER had a winning formula, so hence the changing until you find it.

T-boy
07-11-2012, 10:54 AM
In a salary-capped league you can't do that, because you can't rotate the squad except at high cost. Constant rotation = forever failing in a capped league.

That's why we have the academy now and that is definitely looking to the future! The academy is STILL working, and still working on the same system, even if there is a new manager. The future, as far as I can tell, is STILL bright for TFC. The academy is definitely the way forward in the MLS, not the draft, or trades etc. It's growing your own talent and then having a constant influx of those youngsters from the academy to the first team in years to come.

Oldtimer
07-11-2012, 10:55 AM
If you're saying KC between 2005 and 2010, they DID have some success in that time, qualifying for the play offs twice. So, it wasn't like they WAITED 5 years with the same FAILING system. They waited while they had success.

While RSL DID change manager after their first was poor, and Kreis only took one season to get into the play-offs. so, they didn't actual wait very long changing either!

TFC have NEVER had a winning formula, so hence the changing until you find it.

Kreis got into the playoffs in his second season, and only barely got in because TFC lost 5-0 in New York. He only had a contender in year 3. Even so, by his second season he had longer than any TFC coach has been given.

Oldtimer
07-11-2012, 10:56 AM
That's why we have the academy now and that is definitely looking to the future! The academy is STILL working, and still working on the same system, even if there is a new manager. The future, as far as I can tell, is STILL bright for TFC. The academy is definitely the way forward in the MLS, not the draft, or trades etc. It's growing your own talent and then having a constant influx of those youngsters from the academy to the first team in years to come.

Those kids are now often leaving because they know there is no future for them on the first team. Just ask denime.

T-boy
07-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Kreis got into the playoffs in his second season, and only barely got in because TFC lost 5-0 in New York. He only had a contender in year 3. Even so, by his second season he had longer than any TFC coach has been given.

I meant "after one season" not "in his first season". Sorry, badly written.

T-boy
07-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Those kids are now often leaving because they know there is no future for them on the first team. Just ask denime.

You mean they have been leaving since Mariner took over? I haven't heard of that, so its new news to me.

spark
07-11-2012, 11:46 AM

Hey OT, you have that a bit mixed up - he got in 2008, his first full season, that NY game was 2009 and they won the cup that year.

But you're right they were a top side in the table in 2010.

However, in those first three seasons (including 08/09) even though they were not great in the table is is worth noting RSL lost TWO home games over three seasons - one in 08, one in 09. That is better than TFC ever had and pretty tangible proof the team is on track, IMO, even if they are hovering around spot #8.

Richard
07-11-2012, 11:57 AM

My eyes, you bastard!

Richard
07-11-2012, 11:59 AM

Can you elaborate?

starter
07-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Hey OT, you have that a bit mixed up - he got in 2008, his first full season, that NY game was 2009 and they won the cup that year.

But you're right they were a top side in the table in 2010.

However, in those first three seasons (including 08/09) even though they were not great in the table is is worth noting RSL lost TWO home games over three seasons - one in 08, one in 09. That is better than TFC ever had and pretty tangible proof the team is on track, IMO, even if they are hovering around spot #8.

I find it funny when people expect a team to repeat the ascend another team achieved by doing this and that. There are too many variables to predict timing and size of success, but staying the course tends to help.

denime
07-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Can you elaborate?

not in pubic forum,sorry

But let's just say parents are opting out from TFCA for a reasons like,getting better practice somewhere else than TFCA.

Or in one case not wanting to come because of circus and instability.

keem-o-sabi
07-11-2012, 12:38 PM
coed girl (http://coedmagazine.com/2012/07/11/miss-coed-rebecca-bosworth-hot-sexy-bikini-model-photos/)

T-boy
07-11-2012, 01:35 PM
not in pubic forum,sorry

But let's just say parents are opting out from TFCA for a reasons like,getting better practice somewhere else than TFCA.

Or in one case not wanting to come because of circus and instability.

I'd like to know who has better facilities than the new downsview facility, and who has better coaches than the TFC academy in the area?

Richard
07-11-2012, 01:52 PM
I'd like to know who has better facilities than the new downsview facility, and who has better coaches than the TFC academy in the area?

I think its because we have complete incomptence at the senior level, they dont want their kids potential ruined by the mess we call TFC.

As for facilites i have no idea what Denime means, maybe he means coaching or the program is not good enough. Rongen seems like a good lead for the TFCA though.

ag futbol
07-11-2012, 02:05 PM
I don't think the better coaches question is very hard to answer. SAAC has quite a few good ones and some of the larger OSA clubs have good coaching staff as well.

Unfortunately for TFC, some people would argue they've used the academy in the past as a tool to show patronage to people who were undeserving of their positions.

denime
07-11-2012, 03:24 PM

I think its because we have complete incomptence at the senior level, they dont want their kids potential ruined by the mess we call TFC.

As for facilites i have no idea what Denime means, maybe he means coaching or the program is not good enough. Rongen seems like a good lead for the TFCA though.

There are enough of artificial turf fields and bubbles in GTA that are the same as ones at downsview park,let's not forget one thing here,TFCA is still practicing on downsview park fields,fields that are open for rent to anyone, TFCA is not practicing in their own facility as yet.

Coaching stuff,well there is Rongen,Dichio,TFCA hired Ontario REP team coaches with Provincial B license,they eve allowed Brennan to coach FFS(guess whose team was losing the most player)and there is Michael S. who coached W.T. REP team,but on his own educated himself in Argentina and has their national cert.Rick Titus please give me Fnn break,there are 101 of coaches in this province better then him.

If TFC was serious about academy they would hired coaches from oversees,coaches that know 433 inside out,instead of hiring coaches from OSA REP teams who thought kids in this province for last 30 years to boot and run all day long,coaches who have agendas and bringing in kids from their REP Clubs or their own private academies.

Go check SAAC website and you will see they have very high standards with at least on UEFA certified coach and the rest with minimum Provencal B.Turf all year around,same as TFC,connection to European clubs and NCAA colleges.

Let me name you just few SAAC acdemies that have same level of coaching stuff and facilities:

Bryst-NTC Ontario Under 17 Girls Train With Bryst And Compete In SAAC,Bryst President, Gary Miller, has been assessing Canadian and American coaches for the Irish Football Association since 2006,Some of the coaches Gary has assessed for the Irish FA:Marc Dos Santos (Montreal Impact) - UEFA B - 2007

Sigma FC-
Kyle Becker U23 CNT,
Chris NancoU17 CNT,
Manjrekar JamesU20 CNT
,Cyle Larin U17 who after a few days training with the Club Brugge U17 and U19 teams, Larin was moved to the senior reserve team. Cyle was at the club Brugge last year, and they have been keeping tabs on him,
Lee-Him and Ranjitsingh have been called to the training camp of Trinidad's U20 national team,
Thirteen-year-olds Noah Mehta and Michael Matic of SIGMA FC's D1 (1997) squad travelled to Palma, Mallorca over the final two weeks of November on the invitation of Real Mallorca for a training opportunity,Matic invited to join full time,FIFA rules stoped him,waitng 16 bday to leave,
Sigma FC Stephen Piliotis of the C2 (1996) team has been invited to train at the academy of CS Maritimo in Portugal,
SIGMA FC player Chris Nanco travelled to England to train with two of the most storied football clubs in the world Liverpool and Newcastle.
Sigma this year's camp features David Moss of Glasgow Celtic (Scotland), Henk Mariman of Club Brugge (Belgium), Arno Buitenweg of Real Mallorca (Spain), Pascal Jansen of Sparta Rotterdam (Holland) and Florian Wolff of FC Cologne (Germany).

ANB Academy ID camp coaches
Mr. Gerald Passi, Viarreal FC, Spain,Mr. Guillaume Du Moulin, Euro Futbol Event /Ex. AJ Auxerre, France ,Mr. Jean-Phillipe Nallet, Saint-Etienne, France,Mr. Francois Rodrigues, Stade Malherbe Caen, France,Mr. Bob Bennett, Wolverhampton Wanderers FC, England
Mr. Stefano Calvigioni, Scouting Consultant for AS Rome and Lazio, Italy-this one took 11 years old kid from Toronto to AS Roma few months ago,kid was not good enough for our TFCA MT was invited to join AS Roma(1st Canadian ever http://vimeo.com/41206214 -check video)

Jonathan Jebbison, 16 years old, has been offered trials in England with Wolverhampton Wolves and Everton.
Mark Rankovic, another 16 year old ANB Academy player has been offered to return to the Croatian side Dynamo Zagreb's youth academy
Zach Sukunda, He has been invited to train over the past two years with AJ Auxerre in France and has now been offered an "education scholarship". He will stay in France full-time to continue his football training as well as his Grade 11 education.

Power FC-connected with Fulham FC -Fulham FC Academy coaches include:
Stuart Holloway - Fulham FC Academy Coach and Scout, UEFA B license, Youth Module 3, Level 2 Goalkeeping, Multi-Skills (Physical Development through sport) Level 2, Functional Applied Speed Training Level 1, Gymnastics Level 2
Kris Hatton - Fulham FC Academy Goalkeeper coach, UEFA B license and Level 3 goalkeeper coach, Senior Coach for Complete Keepers (Goalkeeping Specialists)
Grant Woolger - Fulham FC Academy Coach, FA Level 3 license, Level 2 Youth Module, Coach Mentor Level 1, Level 1 Psychology in Football

RVDL Academy-Robin van der Laan 14 years in both Holland and England, which included playing in the English Premier League(Derby,Wolfs),Van der Laan is currently the Head International Coach for MANU Soccer Schools. He set up The Robin van der Laan Soccer School and Academy in Canada, providing training and development in a creative environment, where players are encouraged to be creative on the field.

Just to name some of option that parents have in GTA besides TFCA,and these academies are not free as TFCA,but parents still opt not to send their kids at TFCA.

One reason is Circus TFC (1st team,FO,ML$E),next reason is if kids are good enough they have better exposure to European/S.American teams with SAAC academies than TFC.

Redcoe15
07-11-2012, 06:29 PM

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd107/EmperorJon/WhatHasBeenSeen.png?t=1335125512

Pookie
07-11-2012, 09:07 PM
^ just to add more the Bryst blurb, Gary has assessed the following coaches for UEFA licensing since 2006:

Steve Payne (Bryst Staff) - UEFA A - 2006, UEFA Pro - 2008
Marc Dos Santos (Montreal Impact) - UEFA B - 2007
Dmitri Ovchnnikov (Bryst Staff) - UEFA B - 2007, UEFA A - 2008
Pat Raimondo (University of Montreal) - UEFA A - 2008
Bejan Azizzi (Ryerson University) - UEFA A - 2008
Sam Medeiros (Bryst Staff) - UEFA A - 2008
Chris Roth (Ottawa Fury) - UEFA A - 2008
Joe Defazio (Bryst Staff) - UEFA A - 2008
Victor Satei (Power Academy) - UEFA A - 2008
Hugh Dooley (Saskatchewan Soccer) - UEFA A - 2009
Dwayne Ferguson (Saskatchewan Soccer) - UEFA A - 2009
Jason Allen (Power Academy) - UEFA A - 2010
Ian McClurg (1v1 Academy) - UEFA A - 2010
Mustapha Sahir (Montreal) - UEFA A - 2010
Vladimir Samozvanov (Vancouver) - UEFA A - 2010
Jason Devos (Oakville SC) - UEFA A - 2012
Stefano Franciosa (Boston, MA) - UEFA A - 2012

... note the number on the Bryst staff as well as a a couple on Power. Jason DeVos, eh? Good on him.