PDA

View Full Version : Del Piero talking to LA Galaxy

trane
07-10-2012, 04:30 PM
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/10-07-2012/del-piero-ci-provano-thailandesi-ma-lui-sogna-los-angeles-galaxy--911801655299.shtml

It is in Italian, but there is an English option, I believe, seems rather credible.

Not sure about the move, Del Piero has incredible skills, ability and a great football mind, but he has played very little in the past season. ( Unlike Nesta was a starter for Milan for much of the season)

denime
07-10-2012, 04:55 PM
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/10-07-2012/del-piero-ci-provano-thailandesi-ma-lui-sogna-los-angeles-galaxy--911801655299.shtml

It is in Italian, but there is an English option, I believe, seems rather credible.

Not sure about the move, Del Piero has incredible skills, ability and a great football mind, but he has played very little in the past season. ( Unlike Nesta was a starter for Milan for much of the season)

That's good,he is rested,not burned out and for sure motivated to show he still can play.

Brooker
07-10-2012, 05:16 PM
That's good,he is rested,not burned out and for sure motivated to show he still can play.

I hope he comes tired, burned out, and not the least bit motivated to play... and just to get paid and sit on the beach. :)

denime
07-10-2012, 05:32 PM
I hope he comes tired, burned out, and not the least bit motivated to play... and just to get paid and sit on the beach. :)

What's wrong with get paid and sit on the beach,look JDG he is not complaining. :)

ensco
07-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Might explain why Keane finally sprang to life last weekend.

billyfly
07-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Is this where he's linked to LAG but then signs for us a la Nesta to MTL?

trane
07-11-2012, 11:13 AM
The Italian papers always had Nesta linked to Montreal.

TOBOR !
07-11-2012, 12:29 PM
this league is looking more and more like the old NASL every day.

trane
07-11-2012, 01:02 PM
I do not mind older players comming over, but I prefer those that still have several seasons of full contributions.

Super
07-11-2012, 01:30 PM
this league is looking more and more like the old NASL every day.

True. But financially the league is doing a lot better - and growing at a great pace. Also, I believe that next year the MLS will have existed as long as the NASL.

TOBOR !
07-11-2012, 01:45 PM
True. But financially the league is doing a lot better - and growing at a great pace. Also, I believe that next year the MLS will have existed as long as the NASL.

No argument from me. There's an endless list of reasons why the league is faring well in most markets.

For me it's the additional DP slot per team allowing for more aging stars / fringe players to cross the pond that harkens memories of the NASL days.

Ives reports that RBNY is now looking at a third DP - possibly Stephen Ireland... really ? Stephen Ireland as a DP ? I ask you...

ManUtd4ever
07-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Del Piero to LA?

I thought Joey Saputo had the market cornered on Serie A castoffs?

trane
07-11-2012, 02:39 PM
No argument from me. There's an endless list of reasons why the league is faring well in most markets.

For me it's the additional DP slot per team allowing for more aging stars / fringe players to cross the pond that harkens memories of the NASL days.

Ives reports that RBNY is now looking at a third DP - possibly Stephen Ireland... really ? Stephen Ireland as a DP ? I ask you...

I would love Ireland as a DP, he is relatively young, and has some reall quality. Mind you I have not seen him play in a couple of years.

Shakes McQueen
07-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Del Piero to LA?

I thought Joey Saputo had the market cornered on Serie A castoffs?

Don't know that I'd call Nesta and Del Piero "castoffs" from the Italian league.

Anyway, ADP to the Galaxy has been hinted at in the past. We will see.

- Scott