PDA

View Full Version : Budweiser: Official Beer of Toronto FC 2013

Glenchen29
07-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Not looking forward to this, I hope they maintain a good selection of Canadian beer or imports at the can stations. :canada:

ensco
07-10-2012, 06:45 AM
Does anybody here know anybody who drinks Budweiser?

Shakes McQueen
07-10-2012, 06:46 AM
Meh - Carlsberg is basically European Budweiser, so I don't really care. They are both swill. Never understood why some people love Carlsberg so much, aside from the attractive bottle.

I wish the team would make a local Toronto brewery their "official beer", like Steam Whistle or Mill St. Both much better beers, in addition to being Toronto products.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
07-10-2012, 06:48 AM

I've got a couple of friends whose beer of choice for "drinking nights" is cans of Bud Light. I shudder every time they take a sip.

But bog-standard Budweiser I don't think I've seen in the wild for a while. Then again, I likely wouldn't remember it because it's such a boring, run of the mill adjunct lager.

- Scott

Fort York Redcoat
07-10-2012, 06:53 AM
http://blogimages.thescore.com/djf/files/2012/03/buds.jpg

Budweiser? America's beer? Now how would they get Canadians to buy it?

ensco
07-10-2012, 06:53 AM
I wish the team would make a local Toronto brewery their "official beer", like ... Mill St.
- Scott

BMO could be the Tankhouse! ... er, wait a second, I think it already is.

mdc 77
07-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Bud or Carlsberg, both are crap and really I just hope they still keep around the Steamwhistle and try to add some more local beers. Bud is getting big into footie sponsorship around the globe it seems.

Shakes McQueen
07-10-2012, 07:01 AM
BMO could be the Tankhouse! ... er, wait a second, I think it already is.

Naming BMO the "Tankhouse", after our in-house local beer, would be one of those nicknames that's immensely cool if the team actually had a history and pedigree of success, but for this club would just make us an even bigger laughingstock, haha.

That'd be right up there with the night they gave away free samples of Vaseline.

- Scott

ensco
07-10-2012, 07:05 AM
Naming BMO the "Tankhouse", after our in-house local beer, would be one of those nicknames that's immensely cool if the team actually had a history and pedigree of success, but for this club would just make us an even bigger laughingstock, haha.

That'd be right up there with the night they gave away free samples of Vaseline.

- Scott

You're right. I like the beer. And it's true.

I say BMO is the Tankhouse!

*smashes can on forehead a la Belushi*

Who's with me?

Stouffville_RPB
07-10-2012, 07:36 AM

Personally nope. Though on a walk the other day I saw inside some guys garage and he had about 30 cases (that I could see). I assume that is a Stouffville thing though.

Meh - Carlsberg is basically European Budweiser, so I don't really care. They are both swill. Never understood why some people love Carlsberg so much, aside from the attractive bottle.

Advertising. Footy lovers are bombarded with Carlsberg adds which eventually lead to Carlsberg buyers. How many Liverpool fans were looking at Carlsberg across the chest of their players for years?

There is also something to be said for purchasing products from soccer sponsors, like the support local soccer initiative support products that support your interest. Carlsberg (or Bud) have more money that can be put into the game in this country than I ever could. If it means drinking the odd beer that you don't enjoy for continued soccer sponsorship money I'll do it.

TOBOR !
07-10-2012, 07:55 AM
the homogenization of soccer continues, unhindered (yawn).

ryan
07-10-2012, 07:56 AM
MLSE thinks we stopped buying beer cause it's Carlsberg.

No, it's because you charge a stupid amount of money for fucking everything you dumb assholes.

Shakes McQueen
07-10-2012, 07:59 AM
MLSE thinks we stopped buying beer cause it's Carlsberg.

I suspect this has nothing to do with the change.

- Scott

__wowza
07-10-2012, 08:05 AM
yeah, cause we'd pay $11 for a large bud..
fuckin come on man!!

i saw a mockup of a portland kit once that had rouge as a sponsor and i nearly shat myself and the prospect that the team could've had one of my favourite breweries on their shirt. i agree with the rest of you, something more local would be best, but in terms of sponsorship (aka: $) (aka: look at who we're talking about) bud sponsors a few other teams. im not going to buy it, in fact, im going to steer the fuck clear of it, but steamwhistle or mill st, hell even KLB or great lakes would do!!

maninb
07-10-2012, 08:06 AM
I'll continue to drink before hand and bring in my own in when I want...I'll have the odd Strongbow but REFUSE to pay top dollar for shit such as the Bud & carlsberg...

Yohan
07-10-2012, 08:09 AM
lol Bud. only people who hate beer drinks Bud. I'd turn down Bud even if someone give it for me for free

Carts
07-10-2012, 08:10 AM
I always hate it when someone says "...that is terrible beer, how could anyone like it?..."

People all have different tastes... Food, Beer, Hard Booze, Pop, Women, Books, Movies, TV, Music, Vacation Location etc etc etc...

Fear not folks - there will still be variety at the tallboy sections & vendors - as they won't want to turn anyone completely off...

I personally am not a fan of Carlsberg - and am a typical 'Molson Hockey Boy' beer drinker - which is exactly why there are Canadian tallboys at the vendors...

They might not have your favourite beer (Canadian is not even close to my favourite) - but they'll at least try to have something for everyone...

Why? Because its good business to do so...

I have a bud who loves Laker - loves the stuff, me not so much... Another who'll only drink imported ales... And me who'll drink anything, but have my boring old Coors Light as a go to summer beer etc... We're all different...

billyfly
07-10-2012, 08:17 AM
I hate Budweiser.

Beach_Red
07-10-2012, 08:17 AM
You're right. I like the beer. And it's true.

I say BMO is the Tankhouse!

*smashes can on forehead a la Belushi*

Who's with me?

That speech should be played before every game, "It's not over till we say it's over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour? Hell no!"

tfcleeds
07-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Say what you will about Carlsberg, but I think this is terrible news. First Rogers Centre, now BMO falls to Budweiser? I wouldn't drink that piss if anyone offered it to me for free. I just hope they continue to have stations with a variety of imported, and even more preferably, local brews. Not that I buy much beer a BMO to begin with, but I don't mind Carlsberg, and never had very far to go to get one.

Carts
07-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Say what you will about Carlsberg, but I think this is terrible news. First Rogers Centre, now BMO falls to Budweiser? I wouldn't drink that piss if anyone offered it to me for free. I just hope they continue to have stations with a variety of imported, and even more preferably, local brews. Not that I buy much beer a BMO to begin with, but I don't mind Carlsberg, and never had very far to go to get one.

I gave you a pint of Bud one night at the Jester - and you didn't notice...
Granted, it was your 17th pint of the day! :)

Phil
07-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Well, the contract was up and another company wanted it more from the looks of it.

Not surprised given Buds intrest in 'soccer'.

Personally I am not a big fan of either beer so it makes no difference to me.

DangerRed
07-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Don't like Bud, but who gives a shit? MLSE certainly don't. Buy a tallboy of Tetley's or the Bow or better yet, nothing at all and pregame somewhere else.

lobo
07-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Budweiser? America's beer? Now how would they get Canadians to buy it?

well, for starters you would brew it in canada, which is what they have done ... Bud is brewed here in london by labatt, and is actually exported from here to western NY. although, im told by friends at labatt that 'canadian' Bud is not the same as 'american' Bud. in all honesty, i don't mind 'canadian' Bud, i find it far more enjoyable than molson canadian.

in any case, they've already got canucks buying Budweiser, and lots of it ... it is the top selling beer in canada today, followed by Coors Lite. hows that, eh? top 2 beers in canada are american pisswater.

in related (ugh) news .... the John Labatt Centre in London will soon be renamed 'Budweiser Gardens'.

personally, i'd like to see Moosehead on tap at BMO.

ensco
07-10-2012, 10:35 AM
I understand those FC United supporters in Manchester a lot more, every day.

Doucet3
07-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Why So much hate ? Lol, Budwiser's great IMO, I'm gunna enjoy a Budwiser better then a carlsberg, and what's it matter what beer they serve, no ones bitching about it at the ACC, Or Rogers Centre?; is it really thy big of a deal lol

leafsman
07-10-2012, 10:44 AM
It could be worse, at least its not Canadian, that beer is terrible.

Ben - D.O.W.
07-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Curious to see if they still try and charge $9.75 for a tallboy.

I'm not going to miss the loss of Carlsberg except for the fact that my wife runs a Danish restaurant and has a great relationship with Carlsberg Canada (and have therefore picked up my tab on more than one occasion). Bummer.

Yohan
07-10-2012, 10:53 AM
It could be worse, at least its not Canadian, that beer is terrible.
skunky bathtub water, Canadian is

every time I drink Canadian (or other sub par shit beer), I get the same feeling I do every time I end up banging a fugly. sex is sex, but dammit, I feel so ashamed and my dignity suffers. lol

nfitz
07-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Is this for real? Is there an announcement somewhere?

There's so many decent beers in this city ... why do they keep going for foreign crap like Bud, Molson, or Labatt?

Red CB Toronto
07-10-2012, 10:57 AM
yeah, cause we'd pay $11 for a large bud..
fuckin come on man!!

i saw a mockup of a portland kit once that had rouge as a sponsor and i nearly shat myself and the prospect that the team could've had one of my favourite breweries on their shirt. i agree with the rest of you, something more local would be best, but in terms of sponsorship (aka: $) (aka: look at who we're talking about) bud sponsors a few other teams. im not going to buy it, in fact, im going to steer the fuck clear of it, but steamwhistle or mill st, hell even KLB or great lakes would do!!

Where can u buy Rouge in Toronto, I was on their website and they had a bacon beer, it grabbed my attention..

Yagbod
07-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Is this for real? Is there an announcement somewhere?

There's so many decent beers in this city ... why do they keep going for foreign crap like Bud, Molson, or Labatt?

Seconded. Where is the announement? Links, or it's not true.

dupont
07-10-2012, 11:03 AM
From one horrible beer to another horrible beer. It's not surprising though since the better beers are made by smaller breweries that could never afford to sponsor a sports team.

nfitz
07-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Carlsberg never seemed to offend me as badly as Canadian, Bud, or Blue. Maybe it's my anti-American bigotry playing with my taste buds.

mdc 77
07-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Where can u buy Rouge in Toronto, I was on their website and they had a bacon beer, it grabbed my attention..

I've seen the Dead Guy Ale at the LCBO and places like the Bier Markt have it, Wvrst does as well i believe. Dead Guy Ale is some seriously good stuff.

GabrielHurl
07-10-2012, 12:06 PM

King and Spadina LCBO has Rogue beers - they had a limited run of the bacon beer as well - it was not nice

werewolf
07-10-2012, 12:10 PM
At those prices, even if they switched to Hacker-Pschorr, I still wouldn't be buying beer at the stadium. $10 for a $2 can...GTFO

C.Ronaldo
07-10-2012, 12:18 PM
EWWWW!!

Thats all

Alixir
07-10-2012, 02:16 PM
that is the last straw with this club...I can handle shitty product on the field but I will be damned if I am forced to drink shitty beer. Fuck this club and its shit beer!
Anselmi can eat a dirty asshole cause thats what shwagweiser tastes like (I would assume that a shitty asshole would taste a lot like Bud.

jabbronies
07-10-2012, 02:19 PM
This is more reason to pre-drink at a local bar!

SUPPORT LOCAL BAR OWNERS

Red CB Toronto
07-10-2012, 02:21 PM
At least it is not the lowlife of American beer, PBR that has seemed to have found a life here in Canada.

tfcleeds
07-10-2012, 02:23 PM
^and SUPPORT LOCAL BEER (Great Lakes, Steam Whistle, Granite Brewery, Mill St., Hogtown, etc. etc.)

Alixir
07-10-2012, 02:24 PM
I gave you a pint of Bud one night at the Jester - and you didn't notice...
Granted, it was your 17th pint of the day! :) shit man were you trying to poison him!!!
Anyhoo...I will continue to smuggle cans of Newcastle Brown in to the stadium

jaahuuu
07-10-2012, 02:29 PM
There is also something to be said for purchasing products from soccer sponsors, like the support local soccer initiative support products that support your interest. Carlsberg (or Bud) have more money that can be put into the game in this country than I ever could. If it means drinking the odd beer that you don't enjoy for continued soccer sponsorship money I'll do it.Chances are you are already supporting them. Bud is owned by A-B InBev, they also own Alexander Keith's, Labatt, Bass, Beck's, Goose Island, Hoegaarden, Jupiler (sponsor of the top football leagues in Belguim and the Netherlands), Kokanee, Lakeport, Lowenbrau, Spaten, St Pauli Girl, Stella Artois, and about 200 other brands. You can support the sponsor, and at the same time not drink swill.

well, for starters you would brew it in canada, which is what they have done ... Bud is brewed here in london by labatt, and is actually exported from here to western NY. although, im told by friends at labatt that 'canadian' Bud is not the same as 'american' Bud. in all honesty, i don't mind 'canadian' Bud, i find it far more enjoyable than molson canadian.There are also certain types of Labatt that are brewed in the US (by Genny in Rochester, yeech!).

ACSertL
07-10-2012, 02:44 PM
At those prices, even if they switched to Hacker-Pschorr, I still wouldn't be buying beer at the stadium. $10 for a $2 can...GTFO

Co-signed.

tfcleeds
07-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Chances are you are already supporting them. Bud is owned by A-B InBev, they also own Alexander Keith's, Labatt, Bass, Beck's, Goose Island, Hoegaarden, Jupiler (sponsor of the top football leagues in Belguim and the Netherlands), Kokanee, Lakeport, Lowenbrau, Spaten, St Pauli Girl, Stella Artois, and about 200 other brands. You can support the sponsor, and at the same time not drink swill.There are also certain types of Labatt that are brewed in the US (by Genny in Rochester, yeech!).Genny, lol. Funny how the ones they are brewing (Labatt Blue Light Lime and Labatt Ice) there are ones you never see people drink here.

OgtheDim
07-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Goodbye Tetley's (owned by Carlsberg) and hello Bass and Alexander Keith's and Brava and Becks and Stella (all owned by InBev)

The biggest problem I have with this is Bass is inferior to Tetley's.

Apart from that, really, this is Labatt's parent company, who have the monopoly at the Dome with Roger's, consolidating.

FluSH
07-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Say it aint so....

J-Man
07-10-2012, 08:02 PM
As Im reading this post Im drinking a nice cold bud and loving the news for next year.

tfcleeds
07-10-2012, 08:47 PM
^You should really try something called "beer" sometime...;)

TOBOR !
07-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Goodbye Tetley's (owned by Carlsberg) and hello Bass and Alexander Keith's and Brava and Becks and Stella (all owned by InBev)

The biggest problem I have with this is Bass is inferior to Tetley's.

Apart from that, really, this is Labatt's parent company, who have the monopoly at the Dome with Roger's, consolidating.

Tetleys and Bass are completely different beers... You can`t say one is inferior to the other - it`s apples and oranges, man. Apples and Oranges.

denime
07-10-2012, 09:23 PM

What he said GTFO!!

OgtheDim
07-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Tetleys and Bass are completely different beers... You can`t say one is inferior to the other - it`s apples and oranges, man. Apples and Oranges.

Yes they are different but looking through InBev's choices, that is what we will likely get next season as the "english" beer.

Derko
07-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Yes they are different but looking through InBev's choices, that is what we will likely get next season as the "english" beer.

I vote for a nice Midland Mild type, like Hockley Dark English ale, mmmmm

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQO-rEwXrBzz5neubqF5Rj1s71K4dqJrfQ4MObqoeG7Q9fSJR-W8g

cmonyoureds
07-11-2012, 11:49 AM
King and Spadina LCBO has Rogue beers - they had a limited run of the bacon beer as well - it was not nice

Understatement of the year. (narrowly edging out "we are the worst team in the world")

bigredone
07-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Worst thread to read while stuck at work!:yum:

MartinUtd
07-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Decent Czech beer. I hope that's what this is about.

boban
07-11-2012, 05:44 PM
don't do the Carlesberg thing, but do enjoy Tuborg.
Does that mean Tuborg is dead next year?

RC8
07-11-2012, 05:59 PM
NOOOO! :(

I can't drink beer at the skydome and now I won't be able to drink beer at TFC either...

Parkdale
07-12-2012, 08:16 AM
you know what I like? FREE BEER across the GO tunnel.

now that, was amazing!

and to be honest, the new Faxe 5% is better than Bud. Faxe used to just make whinocans of 8-10% 'strong beer', so it's good to see they're getting into a regular market.

jaahuuu
07-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Schlenkerla? or something else?

prizby
07-12-2012, 09:40 AM
known about this for a few months now...don't think this should be much of a surprise to anyone

i still won't ever buy a beer at the game, but now this kind of cements it unless outside of 112 there is something other than bud like Lowenbrau or St. Pauli Girl. Wonder what changes this will lead to at the Rogers VIP area and the suites

Roca
07-14-2012, 06:37 AM
First it was the shitty peanuts, now it's pissy beer. This could be the last straw for me. As others have said here, I wouldn't drink that piss if you gave it to me for free, and the draft is even worse than the bottles. Attending a TFC game without drinking beer is like having dental surgery without anaesthetic. Who needs to go through that?

narduch
07-14-2012, 06:58 AM
I guess this means the end of the Carlsberg Cup?

Not sure what the big deal is though. Its changing one shitty beer for another. Although I'm sure some of the taps will have Keith's, which is a tolerable beer.

nascarguy
07-14-2012, 07:22 AM
they need to get 50 on tap

jimiv
07-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Look at the bright side, at least the banners and tables will be red. :D

n_potts
07-14-2012, 06:04 PM
So we can enjoy Stella Artois at BMO? It's InBev right?.....so that's pretty rad

Derko
07-14-2012, 06:18 PM
So we can enjoy Stella Artois at BMO? It's InBev right?.....so that's pretty rad

Actually that's not too bad, do you think they will serve Stella in Plastic Chalice's:

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDx3i_0Lio6SV_aiGB5dOtLtb9fxpAH g1s6t77sXoteLEJRCujTw

Abou Sky
07-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Honestly... I wish they had Old Milwaukee

Que the can throwing...

Keller is good, Mill St. is my personal fave but couldn't see it happening.

I have been trying not to drink, or having 1-2

Didnt like Carlsberg at first, it grew on me, guess Bud will do the same.

Abou Sky
07-14-2012, 10:41 PM
they need to get 50 on tap

What are you a 70 year old francophone?

nascarguy
07-14-2012, 11:01 PM
lol nope

GuelphStorm2007
07-14-2012, 11:05 PM
Bud is pure crap, Never liked it Seems like Budweiser is everywhere in Football worldwide they were the official Beer at World Cup 2006 in Germany ( I am sure the Germans must have really enjoyed that) and other worls tourneys I think they are a official spomsor of FIFA. bUT lIKE SOMEBODY SAID why not have local Brews Like Mill st and Steamwhistle

Yohan
07-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Bud is pure crap, Never liked it Seems like Budweiser is everywhere in Football worldwide they were the official Beer at World Cup 2006 in Germany ( I am sure the Germans must have really enjoyed that) and other worls tourneys I think they are a official spomsor of FIFA. bUT lIKE SOMEBODY SAID why not have local Brews Like Mill st and Steamwhistle
because local breweries can't fork up the money to MLSE like big breweries can

Yohan
02-22-2013, 12:26 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/02/tfc-partners-budweiser

the official announcement

tfcleeds
02-22-2013, 12:32 PM
More pre-game/post-game drinking for me, and if I do feel like the odd over-priced draft at BMO, I'll be looking out for the "beers of the world" kiosk.

Yagbod
02-22-2013, 12:34 PM
They finally found a way to make water even more expensive...

DangerRed
02-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Two things:

First, the announcement doesn't even say what other Bud/InBev brands will be available at BMO. If they get canned Stella, that's not good enough.

Second: "To help celebrate this new partnership, Budweiser will launch a commemorative Toronto FC-branded Budweiser aluminum bottle at LCBO locations in the GTA beginning February 25." What kind of fucking rube will buy a pack of Bud just so they can have an aluminum TFC-branded bottle?

David_Oliveira
02-22-2013, 12:59 PM
As per article:

The partnership, among other things, gives Budweiser - along with Bud Light, Stella Artois, Alexander Keith’s and Michelob Ultra - the pouring rights at BMO Field.

Two things:

First, the announcement doesn't even say what other Bud/InBev brands will be available at BMO. If they get canned Stella, that's not good enough.

Second: "To help celebrate this new partnership, Budweiser will launch a commemorative Toronto FC-branded Budweiser aluminum bottle at LCBO locations in the GTA beginning February 25." What kind of fucking rube will buy a pack of Bud just so they can have an aluminum TFC-branded bottle?

David_Oliveira
02-22-2013, 01:01 PM
More reason to go to Joes before the game. Pregame snack and any beer I want.

renda-10
02-22-2013, 01:06 PM
It's a shame that a team that prides themselves on being Canadian decided to put a mass produced beer into BMO when there are soo many local breweries.

DangerRed
02-22-2013, 01:19 PM
As per article:

My blurry-eyed fault, didn't see it. Even less reason to be excited. Fucking Michelob Ultra? Keiths I haven't had since uni.

Then again, the fuck do I know. I think THIS is good music, after all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y6smkh6c-0

David_Oliveira
02-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Ha. No kidding. You haven't missed much on the Keiths front. Just go to Joes before hand, get to the game go the the kiosk and say you aren't going to be drinking and get a coupon to use during the game.

My blurry-eyed fault, didn't see it. Even less reason to be excited. Fucking Michelob Ultra? Keiths I haven't had since uni.

Yohan
02-22-2013, 01:42 PM
More reason to go to Joes before the game. Pregame snack and any beer I want.
and 5 dollar Heinekens

tfcleeds
02-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Joe's isn't any great shakes for beer selection either, but the $5 Heinekens I never turn down.

Marc"2L"
02-22-2013, 02:11 PM
I'll have Keith's because I can drink that at almost any temperature.
But the prices are the same, so I probably won't.

Ok maybe one.

J-Man
02-22-2013, 02:25 PM

Then again, the fuck do I know. I think THIS is good music, after all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y6smkh6c-0

That is an AMAZING vidio i got goose bumps watching it.

Huyton
02-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Damn.

“Budweiser is committed to supporting soccer at a global level. Our partnership with Toronto FC is important in the evolution of our commitment to the sport” said Kyle Norrington, brand director, Budweiser. “TFC fans are renowned for their energy and Budweiser will harness this to create exciting fan activations all season. Budweiser will help more Reds fans enjoy each and every game in true Budweiser style.”

Oh, goody...fan activations. Can't wait to see what that entails.

"During the game, fans will be able to enjoy food and beverages at the new Budweiser King Club at the North End of BMO Field."

I think I can safely assume that this place won't be somewhere to have a conversation with friends to enjoy a beer after a game and discuss what had happened on the field.

Since they set up the noise generator by the Food building, I've really been hoping that it was a temporary thing.

I watched as fewer and fewer people went to the North end after a game. I wouldn't be surprised if 10,000 people exit out of the north end of the stadium, but only a couple of hundred will stick around. So 98% rejection rate.

Odd that it never occurred to them that the answer to this particular problem might be to get rid of the noise.

As for Food at the North end, does that mean Smokes poutine is gone?

renda-10
02-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Damn.

As for Food at the North end, does that mean Smokes poutine is gone?

Smokes better not be gone!!

Yohan
02-22-2013, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALZQJEGV5TA&feature=youtu.be

Gazza
02-22-2013, 03:35 PM
I only came to this thread because i heard the words 5 dollar Heinekens.

Alonso
02-22-2013, 03:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALZQJEGV5TA&feature=youtu.be

"video has been removed by the user"

What was in the video?

Red4ever
02-22-2013, 03:55 PM
I could not even make it through 1 page of this board of everyone professing their outrage at the new beer sponsor. Jesus Christ, suck it up. It's beer.

There is also Keiths, and Stella and Michelob. All of which I like. I suppose all of those are corporate sell outs too?

I have never in my life seen so much Mob Hyperbole about something that couldn't matter less.

Yohan
02-22-2013, 04:07 PM
"video has been removed by the user"

What was in the video?
asif and rachel goes on brewery tour for the new tfc bud

tfcleeds
02-22-2013, 04:17 PM
When I read the official announcement, all that was going through my head was the scene from Simpsons where Homer meets the two German businessmen at Moe's, and Fritz says: "My English is not perfect, but I have to tell you, your beer is like swill to us. Do I have that right? That only a swine would drink this beer?"

Huyton
02-22-2013, 04:17 PM
I'll be drinking the Stella, my seatmate always has Keiths on hand, so we'll be OK as far as that goes.

I'm sure there are other beers that will be available...it's not like Carlsberg was the best beer in the world.

Budweiser, though? I still hold to the Canadian adage that drinking Budweiser is like making love in a canoe...the're both fuckin' near water.

DangerRed
02-22-2013, 04:25 PM
That is an AMAZING vidio i got goose bumps watching it.

I know, it's the bomb. They play venues like that in the UK, and here they play shit like the Mod Club.

FluSH
02-22-2013, 10:34 PM
We need an official Whisky sponsor!

Derko
02-22-2013, 11:18 PM
I'll drink the other beer options, not Bud. And whoever said it's just beer, is just wrong!!:drinking:

Alonso
02-23-2013, 12:46 AM

This is genius.

Huyton
02-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Talisker. 18 years old.

Caol Ila.

Oban.

cmonyoureds
02-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Talisker. 18 years old.

Caol Ila.

Oban.

Talisker - Poor Mans Lag.
No wonder I drink so much Talisker.

Glenchen29
02-23-2013, 08:48 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/02/tfc-partners-budweiser

Stella anyone!

Huyton
02-23-2013, 09:12 PM
Talisker - Poor Mans Lag.
No wonder I drink so much Talisker.

The 18 year old Talisker is truly spectacular. Yes, Lagavulin is a superior tipple, but the extra aging does amazing things to Talisker.

Three very good friends and I go up to a cottage in Muskoka every Fall, and on a Saturday afternoon, we'll take a dozen or so single malts down to the lake and sample them all.

The Lagavulin and the Talisker 18 were the last ones sampled. One of the guys is a Lagavulin fanatic, and but even he agreed that the Talisker 18 is amazing stuff.

It is getting very difficult to find it in North America, though. The last one I found was in a duty free shop in a cruise ship terminal in Puerto Rico.

Morlesio14
02-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Asif is so annoying

prizby
02-23-2013, 11:41 PM
while other teams in MLS have been announcing new player signings, we are busy announcing new sponsorship signings...anyone see the problem with that especially since it has been weeks and all we get is the signings are coming?

Hamilton_Red
02-24-2013, 03:17 AM
I'll be a big fan of Budweiser if they charge $2.50 a pint...it would be the best beer ever!

james
02-24-2013, 03:42 AM
I use to drink big brand name lagers all the time. Then I discovered micro beers in Canada and USA, Real Ales from England, Wheat beers from Germany and the hundreds of crazy beers from Beglium like Trippels and Trappest beers, beers with a taste that you can easily tell the difference from 1 beer to the next. I realized lagers like Carlsberg, Bud, Canadian, Coors Light, Old Milwaukee, Fosters and so on and so on there really is not much difference from 1 beer to the next so i don't know why people complain about having Bud rather then Canadian other then the fact people say oh it's American. It is all pretty tasteless. Probably couldn't even pass in blindfold taste test bewtween all those beers and i bet 90% of people would not beable to guess what beer is what either in a blindfold taste test. That said if I am at a pub or at BMO field and big brand name lagers are the only option well i will most likely still buy it as I rather have a crap beer then no beer!

Parkdale
02-24-2013, 05:44 PM
hasn't bud been sponsoring the FIFA world cup since the mid-2000's?

Of all the things to get worked up about, this is low on the list. In the past, if you wanted good (non-generic lager) beer at BMO, you had options. I'm sure there will still be options.

james
02-25-2013, 12:37 AM
I don't know, but they sponsor alot fo soccer tournaments these days.

Petor
02-25-2013, 06:11 AM

Of all the things to get worked up about, this is low on the list. In the past, if you wanted good (non-generic lager) beer at BMO, you had options. I'm sure there will still be options.

Ya, you guys sound like a bunch of bitter Germans! :)

"Simply put, Germans hate Budweiser. Weeks before the inaugural games kicked off the Cup, Germans were furious at the prospect of having to drink what they refer to as "dishwater" at stadiums. Germans even set up a Web site with an image of an American Eagle vomiting beer to lampoon the American brewer and express their disgust."

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-202_162-1754277.html

cmonyoureds
02-25-2013, 10:10 AM
The 18 year old Talisker is truly spectacular. Yes, Lagavulin is a superior tipple, but the extra aging does amazing things to Talisker.

Three very good friends and I go up to a cottage in Muskoka every Fall, and on a Saturday afternoon, we'll take a dozen or so single malts down to the lake and sample them all.

The Lagavulin and the Talisker 18 were the last ones sampled. One of the guys is a Lagavulin fanatic, and but even he agreed that the Talisker 18 is amazing stuff.

It is getting very difficult to find it in North America, though. The last one I found was in a duty free shop in a cruise ship terminal in Puerto Rico.

With a duty free trip coming up and being given 4 people's limit to purchase for the home collection, I will take that recommendation. (if I can find it on the shelf of course) as Talisker happens to be a favorite of mine. What with the price of Lag these days........

tfcleeds
02-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Ya, you guys sound like a bunch of bitter Germans! :)

"Simply put, Germans hate Budweiser. Weeks before the inaugural games kicked off the Cup, Germans were furious at the prospect of having to drink what they refer to as "dishwater" at stadiums. Germans even set up a Web site with an image of an American Eagle vomiting beer to lampoon the American brewer and express their disgust."

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-202_162-1754277.html

When it comes to beer, those Germans know of what they speak. ;)

Derko
02-25-2013, 10:45 AM
With a duty free trip coming up and being given 4 people's limit to purchase for the home collection, I will take that recommendation. (if I can find it on the shelf of course) as Talisker happens to be a favorite of mine. What with the price of Lag these days........

The Old Pulteney 16 is another exceptional single, has that brine tingle on the tongue, then smooths right out, yummie, went to Talisker on the Isle of Skye last May,

Nice little Pub across the street as well, open fireplace and excellent lunch backing onto the Loch.

ryan
02-25-2013, 11:18 AM

If I could sip whiskey during a match...fuck.

Asif is so annoying

+10000000000000

Auzzy
02-25-2013, 11:26 AM
When it comes to beer, those Germans know of what they speak. ;)

^ This guy right here needs more rep points. :D

All I know is, when I drink Bud (and some other big US & Cdn brands frankly), I feel sick too quick. There's crap in there that shouldn't be there, and I don't mean the alcohol. There are so many better options. I asked the TFC folks via Twitter if we might be seeing some of the decent Bud/InBev brews somewhere at BMO (e.g., Shock Top, Goose Island, Franziskaner, Leffe). I also asked if they will still have Steamwhistle in some spots, like they did even when Carlsberg was the official beer supplier. No response.

jaahuuu
02-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Yep, when Bud was the primary beer sponsor in 2006 the Germans flipped out. FIFA caved and allowed Bitburger to be sold at the stadiums too, but without a name on the cup.

gdg_9
02-25-2013, 11:42 AM

All I know is, when I drink Bud (and some other big US & Cdn brands frankly), I feel sick too quick. There's crap in there that shouldn't be there, and I don't mean the alcohol. There are so many better options. I asked the TFC folks via Twitter if we might be seeing some of the decent Bud/InBev brews somewhere at BMO (e.g., Shock Top, Goose Island, Franziskaner, Leffe). I also asked if they will still have Steamwhistle in some spots, like they did even when Carlsberg was the official beer supplier. No response.

I asked them if they'd have other Labbatt/Anheuser products as well, and they did reply to me.

They said they will have Bud, Bud light, Stella, Keith's, and Michelob Ultra.

Not great, but at least Stella and Keith's are better than just having Bud.

Gazza
02-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Time to rename BMO. Glenmorangie Single Malt Field.

Auzzy
02-25-2013, 12:02 PM
I asked them if they'd have other Labbatt/Anheuser products as well, and they did reply to me.

They said they will have Bud, Bud light, Stella, Keith's, and Michelob Ultra.

Not great, but at least Stella and Keith's are better than just having Bud.

Yeah, I saw those beers in their official announcements, as well as the related tweets. I was just hoping they might be selling more "unofficial" beers at a few stands at least, like they have in the past.

tfcleeds
02-25-2013, 12:06 PM

Yep, just give me ol' Reinheitsgebot any day, over the various additives they put in North American macro-brews. Even on Bud's label, they don't hide the fact they put corn and rice adjuncts in it (WTF???).

Huyton
02-25-2013, 12:12 PM
The Old Pulteney 16 is another exceptional single, has that brine tingle on the tongue, then smooths right out, yummie, went to Talisker on the Isle of Skye last May,

Nice little Pub across the street as well, open fireplace and excellent lunch backing onto the Loch.

I'll check out the Old Pulteney, although the LCBO only seems to ahve the 21 year old available...for $229.00 a bottle.

As for the pub across the street from Talisker...I feel a road trip coming on...

Derko
02-25-2013, 01:09 PM
I'll check out the Old Pulteney, although the LCBO only seems to ahve the 21 year old available...for $229.00 a bottle.

As for the pub across the street from Talisker...I feel a road trip coming on...

Going again the end of June for a few weeks, only miss 1 game, I'll meet you at the pub,lol :drinking:
Hopefully they will keep some of the Imports and Ontario Micro's at BMO, always enjoyed a couple of Tetley's or Steamwhistle on game day, and of course my wife enjoys a few Strongbow

glaze
02-25-2013, 01:14 PM
sadly I didn't start to enjoy scotch until after my trip to Scotland (and the isle of skye).
the issue isn't the beer, but the markup. Paying 9.75 for a tallboy thats 2.25 in the lcbo is ridiculous. And even the lcbo prices are taxed insanely. The MLSE spin would be they price things high to encourage responsible consumption, when in reality they are encouraging pre-game binges by fans who don't want to pay that cost. Secondly, they plaster the stadium with beer sponsorship logos. They're essentially telling us drink this beer, but not here.
Will be interested to see the prices this season.

synkronized1
02-25-2013, 01:48 PM
I hope they still have Strongbow or else my girlfriend is gonna get pissed and I'll have to listen to her complain and moan for the entire match.

OgtheDim
02-25-2013, 01:55 PM
I think I've been watching too many police procedurals on TV, as now I'm sitting her wondering if synkronized1's girlfriend and Derko's wife are one and the same.

You two ever been at a match at the same time?

Does she keep the tickets for safe keeping?

:sosp:

james
02-25-2013, 02:28 PM
sadly I didn't start to enjoy scotch until after my trip to Scotland (and the isle of skye).
the issue isn't the beer, but the markup.Paying 9.75 for a tallboy thats 2.25 in the lcbo is ridiculous. And even the lcbo prices are taxed insanely. The MLSE spin would be they price things high to encourage responsible consumption, when in reality they are encouraging pre-game binges by fans who don't want to pay that cost. Secondly, they plaster the stadium with beer sponsorship logos. They're essentially telling us drink this beer, but not here.
Will be interested to see the prices this season.

Tall boys at LCBO $2 - $2.50
At a pub $5-$7
At a stadium (sky dome, ACC, BMO field) $9.50 - $11.

Prices at stadiums have gone off the wall, no one should really be paying these crazy prices. I went to some soccer games in England and 1 in Belgium. A pint of Carling in England stadiums was usually about 3 to 4 pounds which is pub prices (4pounds is about $6 cdn. but can only drink before game or at half time, no beers allowed in your seats) In Belgium it was 4 Euros a beer for about a 250-300ml size beer cup, and you get 2 euros back if you bring your plastic cup back to the beer sale counters. You are looking at about $2.70 cdn for a 250-300ml of beer, or say roughly $5 for a pint size. Stadiums in Canada are a rip off!

Ultra & Proud
02-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Stadiums in North America are a rip off!

No better in the States. Cheaper than here but considering beer is dirt cheap in the corner stores and supermarkets, it's still on par for being pure fuckery.

Edit: Mexico is the exception. But Canada and the USA do enough scamming to make the number still too damn high.

james
02-26-2013, 04:44 PM
No better in the States. Cheaper than here but considering beer is dirt cheap in the corner stores and supermarkets, it's still on par for being pure fuckery.

Edit: Mexico is the exception. But Canada and the USA do enough scamming to make the number still too damn high.

well i mean there is also Honduras, Costa Rica, Jamiaca, Panama ad so on that are part of North America but there economy is completely different so no point on comparring with them. I just think pub prices are high enough, why do stadiums over here have to go way over the top with there prices? I guess they do just because they can!!

Petor
02-26-2013, 06:49 PM
well i mean there is also Honduras, Costa Rica, Jamiaca, Panama ad so on that are part of North America but there economy is completely different so no point on comparring with them. I just think pub prices are high enough, why do stadiums over here have to go way over the top with there prices? I guess they do just because they can!!

The answer is supply and demand(ask Tom).
If nobody or very few bought drinks at these prices, prices should come down, simple as that.

manitou22
02-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Anheuser-Busch are being sued in the U.S. for watering down their beer ;
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21597076