PDA

View Full Version : PRE/IN/POST-match TFC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps, Wed Jul 11

Pages : [1] 2

Yohan
07-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Small mercies that Hassli is suspended for Wed, but Vancouver can bring in Camilo and Mattocks off the bench?

Vancouver drew at Chivas USA on Sat, and flying to Toronto, so no excuses about fitness this time...

denime
07-09-2012, 10:50 AM
I hope for a win,maybe we can rise up like against Limpact.

1-0 TFC

T-boy
07-09-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm assuming (and even requesting!) a few changes to the starting 11 for this one, after the Philly game. Soolsma deserves a start, and I can also see Emory dropping out after the weekend game. Does anybody know is Harden is still injured? And if Cann is nearing fitness now? Williams is a possibility, although after a year out, its going to take some time building him up to full match fitness, and especially going 90 minutes in this heat.

Also, has anybody seen the last few Whitecaps games to see how they are palying Le Toux? Is he playing down the middle now (he's MUCH more dangerous playing CF compared to that weird wing position he was playing before, and being ineffective)?

ManUtd4ever
07-09-2012, 11:34 AM
I hope Mariner does what he should have done yesterday, and makes some adjustments to the fatigued starting lineup. I would like to see the following...

--------------------Kocic--------------------

Eckersley----Williams----Henry----Morgan

-------------------Frings---------------------

Soolsma-------------------------DeGuzman

--------------------Avila---------------------

---------Johnson---------Koevermans------

Subs: Lambe, Silva, Dunfield

ryan
07-09-2012, 11:57 AM
here's my predicted lineup.

Kocic
Hall/Ecks/Emory/Morgan
Lambe/Frings/Dunfield/Avila
Johnson/Koevermans

http://www.bumblebeemoms.com/forum/images/smilies/suicide11.gif

TOBOR !
07-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Is anybody going to this ?

denime
07-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Since we are always skipping the midfield going forward and get screwed up in the back when diffending,Mariner should try a new formation,it might work.

5-5

Kocic
Hall/Ecks/Emory/Dunfield/Morgan
Lambe/Johnson/Koevermans/Frings/Avila

rowjimi
07-09-2012, 12:12 PM
I like this line-up. Would be shocked to see Emory in. He was way to gassed yesterday. Fresh legs at the back and Soolsma is a must.

Super
07-09-2012, 12:13 PM
I'll be honest, at this point I'm not even sure if it matters who and how we play anymore. The season is over, and the next season doesn't start up for another 8 months. That's right, 8 months until we play a competitive MLS game again that actually matters. Last season ended on a high note, and we were all so very optimistic going into the current season - but we all know how that ended up. I'm not going to be fooled again. TFC has made me a pessimist.

Sure, try some new formations, give some of the younger players a bit more time as well. But at the end of this season we will still stand with absolutely fuck all - just like we ended season 1-5. I'm not going to knock Mariner for it, but for a "massive club" (according to Mariner) it's funny that we don't have a coach with at least a BIT of head-coaching experience. In fact, Preki is really the only coach of our now 7 who had any real, significant head-coaching experience (3 years with Chivas - made the play-offs all 3). The other 6 all came with "assistant coach" and "youth team coach" credentials. No wonder we can't fucking win. I fear that we may have to wait several more seasons before we'll be close to the play-offs. The drought will almost certainly continue until Anselmi is gone.

Solution: We need someone like Sigi Schmid - who led Seattle to the play-offs year one and two, won the US Open in year one and two, and is now well on their way to making the play-offs third year in a row. How do we expect to do the same when we keep bringing in former youth-team/assistant/reject-coaches?

Canary10
07-09-2012, 12:14 PM
This game and the last against the Union are the first really directly comparable games we have for the new regime versus the old. We know Winter got a result against Philly and Mariner emphatically didn't. Winter got a draw and win against Vancouver, so it'll be interesting to see what happens Wednesday.

Pookie
07-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Before the excuse machine cranks up, consider this fact:

Vancouver played Wednesday July 4th in Colorado. Then traveled for a Saturday (July 7th) game in California and then travelled to Toronto for the upcoming Wednesday night game.

iy12l
07-09-2012, 12:30 PM
There is probably some favoritism in the squad. Mariner tends to play "his players" rather than players who clearly deserve to be in the line-up like Soolsma, JDG, and Henry. Mariner favours Dunfield even when he gassed out than playing a fresh and healthy JDG. Heck were probably going to see the same line-up from last game against Vancouver.

DaBandit
07-09-2012, 12:36 PM
I hope Mariner does what he should have done yesterday, and makes some adjustments to the fatigued starting lineup. I would like to see the following...

Eckersley----Williams----Henry----Morgan

-------------------Frings---------------------

Soolsma-------------------------DeGuzman

--------------------Avila---------------------

Subs: Lambe, Silva, Dunfield

This is what I would like to see as well, that's if Williams is healthy... Oh and if we have to play 4-4-2

here's my predicted lineup.

Kocic
Hall/Ecks/Emory/Morgan
Lambe/Frings/Dunfield/Avila
Johnson/Koevermans

http://www.bumblebeemoms.com/forum/images/smilies/suicide11.gif

This is what sadly we will most likely see... Btw this post was gold.. Lmao..

JackBauer24
07-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Guys, 17 more wins and we can still get a Supporter's Shield.

T-boy
07-09-2012, 02:31 PM
This is what I would like to see as well, that's if Williams is healthy... Oh and if we have to play 4-4-2

This is what sadly we will most likely see... Btw this post was gold.. Lmao..

I don't think Mariner is stupid as hell!

(I will call him that though, if he plays the same starting 11 and it backfires!).

T-boy
07-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Before the excuse machine cranks up, consider this fact:

Vancouver played Wednesday July 4th in Colorado. Then traveled for a Saturday (July 7th) game in California and then travelled to Toronto for the upcoming Wednesday night game.

Agreed, this is no excuse for this game. Vancouver have had just as busy a schedule as TFC lately.

ManUtd4ever
07-09-2012, 02:54 PM
One of Winter's faults as a manager was his refusal to settle into a preferred starting lineup, and the players, especially on the backline, never seemed to develop a sense of cohesion.

Now Mariner has gone to the other extreme by refusing to rotate any capable players off the bench into the starting lineup during the most congested part of the schedule.

It would be nice if there was a middle ground.

DaBandit
07-09-2012, 03:00 PM
I don't think Mariner is stupid as hell!

(I will call him that though, if he plays the same starting 11 and it backfires!).

T-boy, making changes for the sake of making changes will not satisfy me though. I want to see soolsma in and more importantly I want jdg in and dunfield nailed to the bench until about the 70th min. At which time if we are up a goal or two bring him in to try to fortify the defense..

At this point I have very little faith in Mariner, his starting 11 and subs have been extremely bizarre.. Case in point, we're down 2 goals yesterday and we take off Avila? One of the few guys we have that has some offensive flare.. Should I/we have more patience with Mariner? Maybe so but I for one have lost my patience after 6 years.. Mariner shouldn't be learning on the job here, the supportor of this club deserve a top notch coach with experience. Mariner seems to be way out of his depth. Do I hope he proves me wrong, hell ya, but I just don't think he will..

T-boy
07-09-2012, 03:22 PM
We shall see, I guess!

I remain optimistic. I can see why lots of other people lost their optimism years ago. But I always see a new coach as a new beginning in footballing terms. I love seeing the transition from one coach to another. It takes time (longer than 7 games) but as long as we see a movement - a development - of the team, that's ALL we can hope for at this moment in time.

We simply cannot expect an overnight change in fortunes. Having said that, change should be much quicker than a season and a half!

starter
07-09-2012, 03:28 PM
With the 442 we have difficulties spreading opponent on our possession without the use of wide attacking players. 442 does not seem to fit well the younger future of the team : Silva, Soolsma, Lambe, Plata, etc, so they are out with PM.

T-boy
07-09-2012, 03:33 PM
With the 442 we have difficulties spreading opponent on our possession without the use of wide attacking players. 442 does not seem to fit well the younger future of the team : Silva, Soolsma, Lambe, Plata, etc, so they are out with PM.

It's just Mariner's current "dumbed down" version of football 4-4-2. You can easily have a 4-4-2 with 2 wingers. But, I guess, when you need to buckle down, then isn't the time to have a couple of "flair" wingers.

My favoured version of 4-4-2 is to have the two flairs wingers though. It makes for very attractive football. Winger's are always the most exciting players in a team to watch.

starter
07-09-2012, 03:41 PM
I am afraid the 'dumbed down' version will stay with us, even though now we really have nothing to loose.

Canary10
07-09-2012, 03:44 PM
I am afraid the 'dumbed down' version will stay with us, even though now we really have nothing to loose.

It's not so much a dumbed down version. I'd say he's playing the outside midfielders more centrally, and the fullbacks are expected to get up and play more as wingers.

T-boy
07-09-2012, 03:53 PM
It's not so much a dumbed down version. I'd say he's playing the outside midfielders more centrally, and the fullbacks are expected to get up and play more as wingers.

Correct. He's making the midfield more compact right now and then letting the full backs free down the sides. I personally would prfer wingers rather than full backs playing as wing-backs. I hope Mariner moves towards a more traditional 4-4-2 (2 central DM's and 2 attacking wingers) in the future.

Canary10
07-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Correct. He's making the midfield more compact right now and then letting the full backs free down the sides. I personally would prfer wingers rather than full backs playing as wing-backs. I hope Mariner moves towards a more traditional 4-4-2 (2 central DM's and 2 attacking wingers) in the future.

He seemed to have gotten off that script yesterday and played a flatter midfield across the whole width. Didn't work very well.

spark
07-09-2012, 04:08 PM
At this point I have very little faith in Mariner, his starting 11 and subs have been extremely bizarre.. Case in point, we're down 2 goals yesterday and we take off Avila? One of the few guys we have that has some offensive flare.. Should I/we have more patience with Mariner?

I didn't have a problem with that sub. Avila was non-existent save for his one pass to Koevs and with possession all in favour of Philly, IMO we needed someone who's better at breaking up plays and able to win balls back. However, by 45 mins it was too late. I think my issue was why JDG wasn't started when he's played back to back games of 10 mins and probably would have been able to inject energy from the start. Soolsma as well ... I guess we can draw our own conclusions on why they are riding the bench right now.

DaBandit
07-09-2012, 04:18 PM
I didn't have a problem with that sub. Avila was non-existent save for his one pass to Koevs and with possession all in favour of Philly, IMO we needed someone who's better at breaking up plays and able to win balls back. However, by 45 mins it was too late. I think my issue was why JDG wasn't started when he's played back to back games of 10 mins and probably would have been able to inject energy from the start. Soolsma as well ... I guess we can draw our own conclusions on why they are riding the bench right now.

I see your point about Avila and your right he was pretty non-existent. but he was playing out wide, which generally always sees him ineffective. i would have like to have seen him dropped in behind RJ and danny.. keep your offensive players on the field when your in search for goals and put them into positions where they can excel.

cmonyoureds
07-09-2012, 09:36 PM
I just wanna see Danny K score. He doesn't deserve to play on the worst team in the world. If he can have a great year to seal his ticket outta this mess.........good on him.

Gawd, I can't believe it's come to this.

West220Side
07-09-2012, 09:54 PM
King Koev' scores and celebrates with de Guzman.

http://i.imgur.com/aClCr.gif

T-boy
07-09-2012, 10:09 PM
He seemed to have gotten off that script yesterday and played a flatter midfield across the whole width. Didn't work very well.

Agreed. It wasn't dynamic enough in midfield. I'm guessing he used the flat midfield as Philly are on a roll right now, and they are at home playing with confidence. It definitely didn't work, though. It worked to an extent for England in the Euro cos it was a neutral venue and one off style games. But in the league, away from home, its asking for trouble and sucking too much posession back onto your defense. That doesn't work, unless you have the best defense in the league (TFC definitely don't!).

khso11
07-10-2012, 02:37 AM
Are you guys ready for the "Danny Koef" chant?

Oldtimer
07-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Caps defender Alain Rochat said Vancouver players are mad about their two previous efforts against Toronto, and must show less respect for the Reds and play accordingly.

“We are ahead in the league, and it’s not by chance,” said Rochat.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/whitecaps-hope-to-end-previous-disappointment-against-toronto-fc/article4401834/

My prediction... Koevs continues his scoring streak, but TFC gives up a goal. 1-1.

mastermixer
07-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Players looked worn out last game. Is deguzman finally going to get a start? Seems like we could use a guy like Plata right now.

We will squeeze another tie out 2-2.

ensco
07-10-2012, 07:26 AM
We will lose if Koevs doesn't score.

Time to sell or trade Koevs. Seriously. He deserves to play for something, and he's still got real value for a year or two.

CoachGT
07-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Anything shy of 3 points here will be a disappointment. Our guys should be embarrassed by a poor outing on the weekend. But are they just too out of gas to pull anything off here?

Vancouver is a highly motivated team continuing on what has been a successful road trip to date. Cannon (at least) considers this a big game. Their players seem to be embarrassed by this years' performances against TFC. A win in Toronto would help to settle things.

I suspect a 1-1 draw, or a 1-0 loss. Not that I'm not hoping for better, but on the face of things, it appears Vancouver might want this game more. (Prepare for the worst - hope for the best - the life of a Toronto sports fan)

maninb
07-10-2012, 08:16 AM
If Mariner REFUSES to alter his obviously tired team from Sunday, then we're in for a drubbing..no matter how tired Vancouver is...Poor Ecks is obviously out of his depth at CB, and Dunfield is gassed...Expect the shite to hit the fan come Thursday morning....

T-boy
07-10-2012, 10:23 AM
If Mariner REFUSES to alter his obviously tired team from Sunday, then we're in for a drubbing..no matter how tired Vancouver is...Poor Ecks is obviously out of his depth at CB, and Dunfield is gassed...Expect the shite to hit the fan come Thursday morning....

If Mariner is to change the line up (which I also hope he does)....do we know the fitness/availability of those that were on the bench on Sunday?
Is Soolsma fully fit?
Is Henry over his virus?
How fit is Williams?
Is Harden fit at all?
JDG doesn't seem to be able to last more than 60 minutes at the moment, so how fit is he also?

I'm assuming that if those players are all FULLY fit, it just leaves the younger players. I think it might be like throwing them into the lions den against Vancouver, possibly?

I WOULD like to see Stinson given a go though, although I don't know what he's like in training, so hard to judge his form without seeing him. But from a purely interest point of view of seeing a young player, I'd like to see him given a game.

__wowza
07-10-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm assuming that if those players are all FULLY fit, it just leaves the younger players. I think it might be like throwing them into the lions den against Vancouver, possibly?

if there is a team to play them against, it'd be vancouver. they've been in a slump, we have the home field advantage (can we call it that anymore?), and nguyen has been hot recently. resting some of our backline and maybe bringing danny on as a sub could save some of the legs we'll need on saturday.

Greatest Ripoff
07-10-2012, 11:12 AM
If Mariner is to change the line up (which I also hope he does)....do we know the fitness/availability of those that were on the bench on Sunday?
Is Soolsma fully fit?
Is Henry over his virus?
How fit is Williams?
Is Harden fit at all?
JDG doesn't seem to be able to last more than 60 minutes at the moment, so how fit is he also?

I WOULD like to see Stinson given a go though, although I don't know what he's like in training, so hard to judge his form without seeing him. But from a purely interest point of view of seeing a young player, I'd like to see him given a game.

Why wouldn't Soolsma be fit? He played the second 45 against MTL and looked great. What about Stinson? He looked better than Dunfield last year but has hardly seen the pitch this year. Henry must be over his foot swelling if he was able to play in Philly. I doubt he would have been even able to get his boot on if his foot was still swollen.

Joe Kool
07-10-2012, 12:54 PM
I think this will be a 1-1 tie...Vancouver has better form right now but we always seem to be able to upset that a bit so hope it happens again. At least we don't have to worry about a Hassli wonder goal this time out...

Canary10
07-10-2012, 01:03 PM
I think this will be a 1-1 tie...Vancouver has better form right now but we always seem to be able to upset that a bit so hope it happens again. At least we don't have to worry about a Hassli wonder goal this time out...

Not sure they're giving up much with Mattocks in his place.

T-boy
07-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Why wouldn't Soolsma be fit? He played the second 45 against MTL and looked great. What about Stinson? He looked better than Dunfield last year but has hardly seen the pitch this year. Henry must be over his foot swelling if he was able to play in Philly. I doubt he would have been even able to get his boot on if his foot was still swollen.

I'm saying about Soolsma as he hasn't played a full 90 minutes for.....a LONG time (even under Winter).

T-boy
07-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Not sure they're giving up much with Mattocks in his place.

He's got a good future ahead of him. Seems to know where the back of the net is. Hassli is the "big dangerous guy" but doesn't always find the net. Mattocks seems to be able to score for fun.

Canary10
07-10-2012, 01:51 PM
He's got a good future ahead of him. Seems to know where the back of the net is. Hassli is the "big dangerous guy" but doesn't always find the net. Mattocks seems to be able to score for fun.

And he's super quick. And developed by my man for TFC's next manager Caleb Porter.

Kills me that Vancouver picked this guy up in the draft this year, and now have probably a top 3 pick again next year to add another guy of that quality, depending on where Philly ends up this year. That's how you use the tools to get players.

Ajax TFC
07-10-2012, 03:07 PM
my lineup prediction:
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2012/07/448176_Toronto_FC.jpg

T-boy
07-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Mariner said today that he would definitely be making a couple of changes, so that defo won't be the line-up.

I'll predict: Henry for Emory, Silva for Avila or Dunfield. Possibly Soolsma for Lambe.

Derko
07-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Mariner said today that he would definitely be making a couple of changes, so that defo won't be the line-up.

I'll predict: Henry for Emory, Silva for Avila or Dunfield. Possibly Soolsma for Lambe.

Let's hope so, just to give some guys a rest, and maybe get a, do I dare say a win!!

Yohan
07-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Silva for Avila makes sense. For Dunfield, no. Silva isn't capable of playing any sort of holding midfield role

Canary10
07-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Silva for Avila makes sense. For Dunfield, no. Silva isn't capable of playing any sort of holding midfield role

And Dunny's not really capable of playing an AM role, but in some games under Mariner he's played the more advanced central midfield role with Frings behind him. Bit perplexed at that one.

Davenport
07-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Crap is still crap whatever way it's served.

denime
07-10-2012, 05:49 PM
INJURY REPORT:

TORONTO FC – OUT: GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg);
QUESTIONABLE: FW Nicholas Lindsay (L knee surgery recovery); DF Ty Harden (R adductor strain); DF Adrian Cann (R knee sprain); DF Doneil Henry (illness); FW Danny Koevermans (R infrapatellar fat pad irritation); MF Terry Dunfield (R eye contusion)
VANCOUVER WHITECAPS FC – OUT: FW Atiba Harris (R knee surgery recovery); FW Omar Salgado (R foot fracture); GK Brian Sylvestre (R knee surgery recovery); MF John Thorrington (R quad strain); DOUBTFUL: MF Matt Watson (R ankle sprain)

Probable lineups:

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/4274051/711torvan-pdf-july-10-2012-4-53-pm-1-6-meg?da=y

http://i46.tinypic.com/34i0h34.jpg

I really hope this is not our starting lineup.

Gazza
07-10-2012, 05:53 PM
I would love to see Dunfield in an attacking role, just for the added entertainment value.

iy12l
07-10-2012, 06:20 PM
It would be hilarious if Dunfield score the game winner. Anyways id like to see something like this

Kocic
-Ecks-Emory-Henry-Morgan-
--------JDG-Frings---------
-Soolsma-------------Avila--
-------Johnson-Koef--------

DaBandit
07-10-2012, 06:25 PM
And Dunny's not really capable of playing an AM role, but in some games under Mariner he's played the more advanced central midfield role with Frings behind him. Bit perplexed at that one.

Yes I noticed this at times as well on Sunday. Perplexing to say the least.

DaBandit
07-10-2012, 06:42 PM
INJURY REPORT:

TORONTO FC – OUT: GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg);
QUESTIONABLE: FW Nicholas Lindsay (L knee surgery recovery); DF Ty Harden (R adductor strain); DF Adrian Cann (R knee sprain); DF Doneil Henry (illness); FW Danny Koevermans (R infrapatellar fat pad irritation); MF Terry Dunfield (R eye contusion)
VANCOUVER WHITECAPS FC – OUT: FW Atiba Harris (R knee surgery recovery); FW Omar Salgado (R foot fracture); GK Brian Sylvestre (R knee surgery recovery); MF John Thorrington (R quad strain); DOUBTFUL: MF Matt Watson

oh no they didn't!! Those are fighting words, nobody and I mean nobody calls Danny fat and gets away with it..

Strait shooter
07-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Hey folks, anybody have some extra tickets they can't use? Looking for something not more than $20.00. Last minute I found out we can make it to the game. A rarity since we are 90 minutes away from the pitch. With the cost of gas and parking, I need to pick up cheap seats. Two for sure possibly 4.

Stouffville_RPB
07-10-2012, 09:33 PM
2-1 Vancouver

Code Red
07-10-2012, 10:28 PM
FYI folks,

We are going to get the Horto chant going tomorrow. It sounded good vs Philly so we're hoping for another successful go.

Here are the lyrics for reference:

Horto Lyrics

Intro

Ohhhhhh, ohhhh Torontoooooo,
Wherever you go we follooooooow,
And 'cause of you, we know for sure,
We'll jump and sing forever more,

Verse One

Our TFC, we love you so,
No Heroin, our only fix is Toronto,
We don't want speed, or LSD
Toronto, you're the only drug we'll ever need

(capo)Our TFC
(group)our TFC
(capo)We love you so
(group)We love you so
(EVERYBODY)And we will always follow anywhere you go, where you go,

(capo)Onward
(group)onward
(capo)Fear free
(group)fear free
(EVERYBODY)Together standing for the cause we'll always be

We'll be distributing 'lyric slips' in & around section 112.
Feel free to pick one up from the front of 112 if need be.

Cheers.

Yohan
07-10-2012, 10:46 PM
I <3 the horto

denime
07-11-2012, 05:42 AM
Hey folks, anybody have some extra tickets they can't use? Looking for something not more than $20.00. Last minute I found out we can make it to the game. A rarity since we are 90 minutes away from the pitch. With the cost of gas and parking, I need to pick up cheap seats. Two for sure possibly 4.

Try ticket trader for this game:

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?30695-Jul-11-Wed-Toronto-FC-v-Vancouver-Whitecaps-BMO-Field-7-00-PM

denime
07-11-2012, 06:08 AM
Which TFC team will show up? (http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/10/which-tfc-team-will-show-up)

It's never good to point out others for your own mistakes.

“It’s not necessarily the back four,” Eckersley continued. “We need to defend as a team and it starts at the front … It’s the whole team as a unit.”

MARQUEE MATCHUP
Danny Koevermans vs. Jay DeMerit

The Dutchman’s run of form came to an end in Philadelphia on Sunday as the Reds continue to search for a secondary goal-scorer to post double digits behind Koevermans. Simply put: The Reds continue to rely too heavily on the offensive output of one player. Up against one of the more physical centre-halfs in the league, Koevermans will see his time and space dwindle with freshly named MLS all-star Jay DeMerit up his back. Like Philly before them, if the Whitecaps cancel TFC’s only real threat, a single goal at the opposite end will likely be enough.

TFC KEYS

TEAM SHAPE: Head coach Paul Mariner continues to make excuses for Richard Eckersley, who struggles to read the game when partnering in the middle. The Englishman has yet to figure out what it means to act as a secondary defender when playing off Jeremy Hall – and it cost Toronto on Freddy Adu’s goal on the weekend.

MIDFIELD PLAY: The club is currently playing with a converted midfielder at right back, a fullback at centre back, a former USL centre back and an underclassman out left. :facepalm:As a result, whoever pairs with Torsten Frings must do a better job eliminating penetrating balls into Vancouver’s attackers.

I was optimistic in previous 3 games,and I'm still optimistic we can pull good result tonight,tie 1-1.

Stouffville_RPB
07-11-2012, 06:54 AM
my lineup prediction:

There is too much of a disconnect between the forwards and the midfield in this formation. :D

scooterTFC
07-11-2012, 07:12 AM
I'd like to see something like this for tonight:
-------------Kocic----------------
Eckersley-Emory-Henry-Hall
---------------Frings---------------
Soolsma------Silva------Morgan
----Johnson--Koevermans----

However I expect Mariner will go with:
-------------Kocic----------------
Eckersley-Emory-Henry-Morgan
---------------Frings---------------
Lambe-----Dunfield------Avila
----Johnson--Koevermans----

Yohan
07-11-2012, 07:19 AM
Morgan looks lost at left mid. Hes effective making overlapping runs from lb. Hall was pretty bad last time he played lb

maninb
07-11-2012, 08:13 AM
my lineup prediction:

That's the exazat sam elineup as before...like I previously posted..if he';s dumb enough to field that exhausted lineup we'll get SMOKED!

bigredone
07-11-2012, 08:44 AM
I have an urge to say something....something about the team....whats that feeling again......

...oh....yeah......

.....c'mon REDS!!!!!!! ALWAYS RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Initial B
07-11-2012, 08:49 AM
I hear they might rest Koev, meaning we probalby won't score. And Henry might be rusty returning to the CB position. I predict 2-0 Vancouver.

bigredone
07-11-2012, 09:26 AM
I hear they might rest Koev, meaning we probalby won't score. And Henry might be rusty returning to the CB position. I predict 2-0 Vancouver.

Do you know why Chuck Norris does not play soccer? Because Koevs would school his ass!

As much as I love Koevs it may be better to rest the big guy. He is teetering on a ?fat? injury and his body has had little time to rest for preventative reasons, at his age(and mine too) rest is important. For the sake of our other goal scorers and their want to feel useful perhaps this is for the better.

God damn, who am I trying to convince:facepalm:.

denime
07-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Do you know why Chuck Norris does not play soccer? Because Koevs would school his ass!

As much as I love Koevs it may be better to rest the big guy. He is teetering on a ?fat? injury and his body has had little time to rest for preventative reasons, at his age(and mine too) rest is important. For the sake of our other goal scorers and their want to feel useful perhaps this is for the better.

God damn, who am I trying to convince:facepalm:.

LOL :)

bigredone
07-11-2012, 10:11 AM
*denime* 1 -1 is a good call!

I think you prediction is right. Even without Koevs, Johnson will shoot the ball at the net 15 times, hit it 2 times and score 1.

T-boy
07-11-2012, 10:12 AM
I might have missed something, but where does it say that Koev's isn't playing tonight?

denime
07-11-2012, 10:29 AM
I might have missed something, but where does it say that Koev's isn't playing tonight?

No ,you did not miss anything.It was just bigredone opinion that we should rest Koev's tonight.

Canary10
07-11-2012, 10:33 AM
No ,you did not miss anything.It was just bigredone opinion that we should rest Koev's tonight.

He is listed as questionable tonight.

Ajax TFC
07-11-2012, 10:43 AM
If Mariner goes with a 4-4-2 despite only having one striker, then we'll know that he only knows one formation. If he goes with a lone striker formation, there will be some hope.

If Koevermans is out I'd like to see something like this:
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2012/07/454157_Toronto_FC.jpg
Or rest Frings as well and move Avila back a line and put in Silva at AM

ag futbol
07-11-2012, 10:47 AM
What about Matt Stinson? I don't know if he's regressed since last year or what, but he should be able to prove us with something in the midfield in terms of energy and breaking up play. I would put him next to Frings in front of the backline and then play JDG a little more advanced next to Lambe and Avila. Johnson up top

hodgkiss
07-11-2012, 02:52 PM
my prediction:

Hall-----Eckersley-----Emory-----Morgan

Silva----Dunfield----Frings----De Guzman

hodgkiss
07-11-2012, 02:55 PM
stinson will be on the bench with avilla, henry, aceval, roberts and company

T-boy
07-11-2012, 03:00 PM
I'll predict:

Kocic
Hall, Ecks, Henry, Morgan
Soolsma, Frings, De Guzman, Silva
Koev, RJ.

If I AM Mariner, I'll be right! haha! :p

ryan
07-11-2012, 03:12 PM
I'll predict:

Kocic
Koev, RJ.

Not necessarily, you could be Paul and you could be drunk.

Canary10
07-11-2012, 03:13 PM
I'll predict:

Kocic
Koev, RJ.

If you are Mariner, you wouldn't want to show that you are Mariner, which you would do by telling us the line-up, so this will be wrong.

Eastend
07-11-2012, 03:20 PM
I consider this pre-game but not to do with the actual game.

1/2 of Joes is reserved for a private party tonight.

Dom

habstfc
07-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Chiumento no longer with whitecaps< apparently gone to europe.

wesvahr
07-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Everyone can remove Nick Soolsma from the lineup tonight, as TFC just released him. (via official TFC Twitter account)

I guess T boy isn't Marnier if he included him in his lineup.

jloome
07-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Everyone can remove Nick Soolsma from the lineup tonight, as TFC just released him. (via official TFC Twitter account)

I guess T boy isn't Marnier if he included him in his lineup.

Jesus, you're kidding right?

iy12l
07-11-2012, 05:16 PM
#TorontoFC‬ (https://twitter.com/search/%23TorontoFC) XI: Kocic; Hall, Eckersley, Emory, Morgan; Dunfield, de Guzman, Frings, Silva; Koevermans, Johnson.. ‪#TFC‬ (https://twitter.com/search/%23TFC) ‪#MLS (https://twitter.com/search/%23MLS)

WTF you release Soolsma and you still play that dipshit duncefield. HE ONLY MADE 2 CHANGES! We might as well get relegated to the CSL

narduch
07-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Lambe is out. Returned to Bermuda for family reasons.

iy12l
07-11-2012, 05:21 PM
2012 - TFC is dead

narduch
07-11-2012, 05:21 PM
According to TFC twitter, these are the subs available tonight: Roberts; Henry, Aceval, Maund, Stinson, Avila

Not sure whey there is only 6, must be a mistake.

habstfc
07-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Soolsma and TFC agreed to aprt ways according to sportsnet. Chiumento to fc zurich.

narduch
07-11-2012, 05:27 PM
According to TFC twitter, these are the subs available tonight: Roberts; Henry, Aceval, Maund, Stinson, Avila

Not sure whey there is only 6, must be a mistake.

Just checked the MLS site and its also showing a shortened bench.

We don't have anyone else to throw onto the subs bench? We're at home? I don't get this club at all.

Richard
07-11-2012, 05:28 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/dUaRUASq1id6oavl4qocq4WOo1_500.jpg[Q

Dumbass Mariner!

#TorontoFC‬ (https://twitter.com/search/%23TorontoFC) XI: Kocic; Hall, Eckersley, Emory, Morgan; Dunfield, de Guzman, Frings, Silva; Koevermans, Johnson.. ‪#TFC‬ (https://twitter.com/search/%23TFC) ‪#MLS (https://twitter.com/search/%23MLS)

WTF you release Soolsma and you still play that dipshit duncefield. HE ONLY MADE 2 CHANGES! We might as well get relegated to the CSL

ag futbol
07-11-2012, 05:50 PM
This is just stupid. These guys looked beyond drained last game, we're just going to trot them out again and expect something different?

At least protect the health of your players considering we are playing for jack-shit in the league right now.

wzhxvy
07-11-2012, 06:00 PM
any streams ?

[NBF]
07-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Same lineups?

I think Hall should be moved up in place of Dunfield and Aaron Maund or Dicoy Williams should play at right back if Eckersley is going to play as a centre back.

[NBF]
07-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Soolsma is gone?

denime
07-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Fuck you Mariner,you stupid peace of shit,realese Soolsma?Play Dunfield,ignorant moron.

GBV
07-11-2012, 06:06 PM
any streams ?

atdhe.net one is looking good right now.

[NBF]
07-11-2012, 06:06 PM
WOW, I think its important to note that Ty Harden is the ultimate survivor on this team. The guy is a legit star in practice.

ag futbol
07-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Try firstrowsports.eu if that works... I saw they had a link for it earlier

Redcoe15
07-11-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm here in downtown Winnipeg on a hot prairie night with some Smoke's Poutine and a couple of tall cans of Budweiser official beer of TFC starting next year) getting ready for tonight's match against the Shitecrapes. COME ON YOU REDS!!! :scarf:

Flipityflu
07-11-2012, 06:10 PM
it is empty at BMO. wow

Redcoe15
07-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Where are the supporters?

iy12l
07-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Dunfield looks as clueless as fuck

[NBF]
07-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Can you imagine how worse this team would be without Richard Eckersley?

Kilgore Trout
07-11-2012, 06:14 PM
How in the fuck is BMO that empty? Has it ever been that empty, aside from CCL group stage or something?

iy12l
07-11-2012, 06:15 PM
were getting outplayed, good job Mariner!

wzhxvy
07-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks guys for the links to streams but they all want me to install crap...anyone know of other sites (I realize I maybe the only human looking to watch these guys on a stream lol)

Batman
wtf was the deal with Soolsma getting released. I don't get that at all.

Richard
Thanks guys for the links to streams but they all want me to install crap...anyone know of other sites (I realize I maybe the only human looking to watch these guys on a stream lol)

http://atdhenet.tv/48060/watch-toronto-fc-vs-vancouver-whitecaps

Kilgore Trout
07-11-2012, 06:22 PM
How in the fuck is BMO that empty? Has it ever been that empty, aside from CCL group stage or something?

nvm, filled up now to not-great-but-not-beyond-horrible level.

iy12l
07-11-2012, 06:22 PM
http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-4/2/44/v-424527.html

use sport lemon, the ads only come up once and never again

[NBF]
07-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Dunfield, "What did you say?".

lol.....anyone else see that?

wzhxvy
07-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Thanks Richard that worked ! and thanks iy12l !

iy12l
07-11-2012, 06:25 PM
nice pass duncefield

anto7
07-11-2012, 06:26 PM
;1509896']Dunfield, "What did you say?".

lol.....anyone else see that?
I heard that, then he raised his hands and clapped. I am guessing someone called him a wanker or words to that effect

wzhxvy
07-11-2012, 06:30 PM
now that I can watch, I can comment :-)

This organization is a complete joke, top to bottom. At the same time, it is clear that the players have lost respect for the organization. No one wants to stick it our here and hope they get back in favour with Mariner...show him what they can do and wait for a break. When they see they are not part of the plan and not playing...they want out. Zero loyalty and its a reflection on the horrific job by the FO and leadership of this team. Shameful.

wzhxvy
07-11-2012, 06:32 PM
that was all class Emory lol

ag futbol
07-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Watching Camilo WAIT for that ball to come to him then blow by Frings and Dunfield tells you everything you need to know about Toronto FC. Too damn slow.

wzhxvy
07-11-2012, 06:35 PM
well at least the players are talking to each other

jloome
07-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Watching Camilo WAIT for that ball to come to him then blow by Frings and Dunfield tells you everything you need to know about Toronto FC. Too damn slow.

Now watch, he'll probably play Henry fucking wide instead of Eckersley.

Rapidly losing any chance of respect for this guy. Our new "style" is abominable.

iy12l
07-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Mariner: i wasnt planning on making subs today..

DaBandit
07-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Now watch, he'll probably play Henry fucking wide instead of Eckersley.

Rapidly losing any chance of respect for this guy. Our new "style" is abominable.

Shocking Henry out wide.. I'm sorry but mariner is a fucknut, maybe the worst coach we have had..

Batman
07-11-2012, 06:42 PM
now that I can watch, I can comment :-)

This organization is a complete joke, top to bottom. At the same time, it is clear that the players have lost respect for the organization. No one wants to stick it our here and hope they get back in favour with Mariner...show him what they can do and wait for a break. When they see they are not part of the plan and not playing...they want out. Zero loyalty and its a reflection on the horrific job by the FO and leadership of this team. Shameful.

As much as I agree that the FO is a joke.. as least as far as Anselmi and Cochrane, I think you're reading a bit too much into the Soolsma and Plata departures. You may be right but so far, as far as I know, we don't have any of the facts.

wzhxvy
07-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Listen gents, the guy is almost 70 and has never been a head coach for any serious length of time. You think it is by accident ? nooooo.....he is a plodder, a doer, not a head coach.

wzhxvy
07-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Well we know Plata was not happy. Safe to say Soolsma was not happy. What are the options here ? The FO instigated their departure ? We know its not the case for Plata, that is for certain.

iy12l
Yeah we should of left Winter to finish off the season, atleast he had the right vision instead of this outdated english hoofball

[NBF]
A few years ago, lets say maybe 2008, you knew there were good players in central america and that the Canadian squad was pretty good because there quite a few playing at a high level in Europe, but now in 2012 there's quite a few guys on the Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, and Costa Rica national teams that have been scouted by European clubs. It baffles me how this team hasnt been able to scout any of these young players, when there's clearly a fair share of good players in CONCACAF leagues.

Batman
07-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Listen gents, the guy is almost 70 and has never been a head coach for any serious length of time. You think it is by accident ? nooooo.....he is a plodder, a doer, not a head coach. He's 59.. a little bit to go to get to 70.

DaBandit
07-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Oh and by the way, silva is not a winger and looks completely lost out there.. Soolsma should have started out in his place.. What's that you say we release our only true winger?

wzhxvy
07-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Fair enough :-) He is old and has been at this for a while. He hardly has a track record of success. No one in the last 59 year has given him a head coaching job until our TFC FO.

iy12l
07-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Tomorrow Kocic will be released and Mariner will sign that bermudan goalkeeper on trail.

Batman
07-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Fair enough :-) He is old and has been at this for a while. He hardly has a track record of success. No one in the last 59 year has given him a head coaching job until our TFC FO.

yep.. agreed. He probably won't be at it next year, but really, so far, he's been a friggin breath of fresh air since Winter IMHO.

wzhxvy
07-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Maybe Mariner will release Frei because he has not recovered quickly enough to his liking...and then get the Bermudan goalkeeper, and then we find out that Frei's leg wasnt really broken. This is the kind of story we have come to expect from this joke of an organization.

iy12l
Wow we cant even score 1v1s....

[NBF]
why did Hall come out of the game?

wzhxvy
07-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Yeah we will agree to disagree on Mariner. I met him once and seemed like a nice guy that knows the game based on his history but his decisions tell me he is out of his league...that he was in the roles he was in before for a reason...not because he was qualified to be a head coach and didnt get the opportunity.

flatpicker
07-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Sitting in front of Tom Asslami, Paul Beirne, and Brian Burke right now. Paul says new blood coming soon. Tom and Brian won't respond to my heckles.

iy12l
07-11-2012, 06:52 PM
and then Mariner will release Silva and sign some random guy from Bermuda who Mariner thinks will be the new Messi

jloome
07-11-2012, 06:53 PM
yep.. agreed. He probably won't be at it next year, but really, so far, he's been a friggin breath of fresh air since Winter IMHO.

I thought so after the first couple of games. But the last two were inept and this one so far is, too. Couple that with dumping Soolsma and Plata, playing Henry wide and Eckersley inside, playing Dunfield game in and out....

Nah, this guy's all show, no dough.And his subs have been beyond inane.

Batman
07-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Sitting in front of Tom Asslami, Paul Beirne, and Brian Burke right now. Paul says new blood coming soon. Tom and Brian won't respond to my heckles.

now blood to replace Burke and Anselmi... yahoo!!

jloome
07-11-2012, 06:54 PM

Ask them why they're so terrified by their career prospects that they haven't resigned in shame.

wzhxvy

Ask Brian how it feels like to have Tom as his new boss lol maybe that will get a reaction.

ensco

You know what I would do? Try to start the "You don't know what you're doing" chant in your section.

jloome
Wow, Johnson just missed a 1v1 by hitting the post. That's some pro finishing there, too.

Batman
07-11-2012, 06:55 PM
fuck me.. Johnson 2 breaks 0 goals...

[NBF]
and then Mariner will release Silva and sign some random guy from Bermuda who Mariner thinks will be the new Messi

Silva is about the only player with some value.

Redcoe15
It's not going to be our side's night.

DaBandit

Fight the good fight my friend.. Don't let up on them.. Lol

iy12l
Ryan you always miss sitters!!!!!

Batman
07-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Ask Brian how it feels like to have Tom as his new boss lol maybe that will get a reaction.

haha... good one.. want to see an irishman explode!

ag futbol
07-11-2012, 06:56 PM
I don't know how (because we're doing sooo many things wrong) but we're getting the better of the chances. I'd bet we get three points out of this and the house league coach on the sidelines hails himself the next SAF.

wzhxvy
07-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Hitting the post there is not unlucky...he should have scored plain and simple...he was lucky he did not complete miss it and it hit the post.

Couchy81
07-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Johnson the next to get cut.

I used to like him too =/

wzhxvy
07-11-2012, 07:02 PM
I sure hope they don't cut him. I like Johnson despite his inability to score sometimes...I think he is one of those guys that can be part of the team for a long time. Not to mention he needs to be rested a bit. Starting every game is not sustainable in an MLS seasons, = CCL and WCQ...

iy12l
07-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Rumor Central: Mariner is going to release Frings and Koevermans to give Dunfield a DP spot with a salary of $14m per year.

ensco
07-11-2012, 07:03 PM
As there is nothing to say anymore, check this out. Man these guys are with some beautiful women

http://www.totalbarca.com/2012/offside/offside-andres-iniesta-ties-the-knot/#more-113647

DaBandit
07-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Have to eat my words a bit, but those were both very nice balls by silva to spring RJ on both occasions. Still think in general he looks lost out there, I would much rather see him behind front two..

[NBF]
07-11-2012, 07:15 PM
lol@that

[NBF]
07-11-2012, 07:16 PM
WTF, Henry and Eckersley gave them the room. That looked massively intentional.

ensco
07-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Now that is a hilarious goal.

Is Iniesta's wife unbelievable, or what?

iy12l
we are shiiit

ag futbol
Logan Emory should not be starting at CB.

Blixa
07-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Incredible defending.

DaBandit
07-11-2012, 07:19 PM
;1509950']WTF, Henry and Eckersley gave them the room. That looked massively intentional.

Thats what happens when your guys are playing out of there positions, they don't know who's going to cover which guy or the net and they scramble around..

James17930
07-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I'd rather watch us play Winter's style and lose than watch us play this boring shit and still lose. If I wasn't stuck at home with nothing to do I wouldn't be watching this game.

iy12l
07-11-2012, 07:20 PM
This is proof that Mariner is worse than Winter.

ensco
07-11-2012, 07:23 PM
This is proof that Mariner is worse than Winter.

That is an embarrassing goal that will probably be shown in the UK as a "can you believe this one" bit, but it's hardly proof of anything

ensco
07-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Chance of rain zero percent.

James17930
07-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Since we are always skipping the midfield going forward and get screwed up in the back when diffending,Mariner should try a new formation,it might work.

5-5

Kocic
Hall/Ecks/Emory/Dunfield/Morgan
Lambe/Johnson/Koevermans/Frings/Avila

This is frighteningly accurate.

DaBandit
07-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Avila for dunfield... PLEASE!!!

iy12l
07-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Wow JDG get subbed off, but Mariners boyfriend still gets the full game

[NBF]
Thats what happens when your guys are playing out of there positions, they don't know who's going to cover which guy or the net and they scramble around..

Thats a good point, but to an extent Henry is the inexperienced centre back and he had LeToux in the box. DeGuzman gets pulled for Avila, thats hillarious, maybe Mariner thinks if he takes him out now the FO will think of trading DeGuzman.

DaBandit
FFS.. Take off a guy that can actually pass the ball..

[NBF]
07-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Dunfield with a yellow card. Hahahaha. LeToux looked like he was about to score a crucial cross backwards.

DaBandit
;1509964']Thats a good point, but to an extent Henry is the inexperienced centre back and he had LeToux in the box. DeGuzman gets pulled for Avila, thats hillarious, maybe Mariner thinks if he takes him out now the FO will think of trading DeGuzman.

Right but my point is that eck's should have been moving toward LeToux as the central defender.. But it was like they got confused as to who should pick up who..

ag futbol
"Dunfield has raised his game"

From what? shit to crap?

iy12l
I wish dunfield got a red just so i cant see his retardedness

[NBF]
07-11-2012, 07:30 PM
DeVos, "Looks like Dunfield has upped his game since Mariner took over."<------:deadhorse:

DaBandit
07-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Lol.. Dunfield has raised his game.. He's the type of player mariner wants, you know the type that can't make a simple pass going forward.. He has made at least a half dozen horrible attempts at passes tonight..

Azerban
07-11-2012, 07:33 PM
De Guzman is awful. Dunfield is worse.

[NBF]
07-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Lucky goal by Silva.

iy12l
There is obviously some favouritism in the squad, and the saddest part is the coach heavily favours the worst player on the squad.

James17930
Neat.

DaBandit
07-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Nice... Great touch by Silva

Batman
Nice goal.. I think calling it "lucky" isn't giving it it's due. Looked pretty skillful.

iy12l
Fluke

[NBF]
Morgan is getting better with his crosses, but honestly Koevermans, Johnson should be able to score vs Joe Cannon, his mobility is minimal.

[NBF]
07-11-2012, 07:38 PM
There is obviously some favouritism in the squad, and the saddest part is the coach heavily favours the worst player on the squad.

Thats because he cant control the other guys. A coach that doesnt know how to get the attention of his players will either see mutiny or he is going to be ineffective as a coach.

Nice goal by Frings.

DaBandit
Nice goal.. I think calling it "lucky" isn't giving it it's due. Looked pretty skillful.

Agreed.. Very nice touch.. Nice to see Silva get one, looked like that was for his dad..

Get effort by Frings..

James17930
Now -- how are going to fuck this one up? 1 goal in stoppage time for a tie or 2 goals to lose it?

jloome
Cripes, as bad as we've been tonight, Vancouver's just as bad.

FRINGS!

Good lord, 36 and he has the best eye on the team.

Batman
07-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Ya baby... come on guys.. keep on complaining.. I can't hear ya.

ag futbol
See, we're always good for 3 points against these shitheads

iy12l
Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings!!!!! !!!

ag futbol
07-11-2012, 07:42 PM
We better not do that thing where we bunker until we let in a last minute goal.

DaBandit
Ya baby... come on guys.. keep on complaining.. I can't hear ya.

This win would be in spite of the horrible coaching.. Lol

iy12l
Dunfiled own goal in 94th minute

[NBF]
There's talk of leaving LeToux on the bench. I can see why, he is not playing very well in a 4-2-3-1.

Batman
07-11-2012, 07:43 PM
This win would be in spite of the horrible coaching.. Lol

I'm sure some people feel that way.. by rights we should be up 4-1 right now.. and I expect some people feel Mariner is responsible for Johnson's 2 misses as well.

jloome
07-11-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm sure some people feel that way.. by rights we should be up 4-1 right now.. and I expect some people feel Mariner is responsible for Johnson's 2 misses as well.

Yeah, we get it, he's perfect.

That's what this statement says.

Many of the complaints about him so far seem valid to me; I don't think Terry Dunfield should ever start at this level, and we're winning because we've got individual roleplayers who occasionally get it done.

Doesn't mean he's a wash; he's obviously a far more motivational coach than Winter was and has had more success even with this higglepiggled 4-4-2. But I also don't see much yet to suggest he's a great football mind.

[NBF]
07-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Vancouver, dumped Chiumiento for Barry Robson, I think they might have made a mistake.

DaBandit
07-11-2012, 07:49 PM

I actually am one of them, I still don't think Mariner has a clue.. I'm glad the boys are winning, but I'm not giving Mariner any credit.. I'm also not foolish enough to blame RJ's two misses on him. But I don't like his tactics, lineups and subs..

But at the end of the day I'll take any result TFC can get..

Batman
07-11-2012, 07:49 PM

Many of the complaints about him so far seem valid to me; I don't think Terry Dunfield should ever start at this level, and we're winning because we've got individual roleplayers who occasionally get it done.

Doesn't mean he's a wash; he's obviously a far more motivational coach than Winter was and has had more success even with this higglepiggled 4-4-2. But I also don't see much yet to suggest he's a great football mind.

I never said that.

I just think he's doing a lot better than Winter..

I expect he's just doing this as an interim role.. he didn't come here to be a head coach..
But he's stepped up when this team needed a change.. I can't fault him for that.
I appreciate that he's filled the role, and doing it better than anyone we've had here for quite a while. maybe ever, for that matter.

[NBF]
07-11-2012, 07:51 PM

nah on this.....

The main reason we're winning is because we're scoring and playing Johnson with Koevermans is giving Koevermans the chance to score and motivation, because Johnson is capable of doing everything Koevermans can, but he's sort of a one trick pony. The success is down to influence as well of Brennan on Morgan.

Mariner is a coaching liability and individual players are showing what they can do.

James17930
Thank Zeus that was Lee with that chance -- one of their forwards and it would be tied now.

ag futbol
19k my ass

iy12l
07-11-2012, 07:52 PM
I can smell a goal for the shitecaps

[NBF]
07-11-2012, 07:52 PM
19,000 in the seates, some came dressed as seat covers.

Oldtimer
07-11-2012, 07:53 PM
I never said that.

I just think he's doing a lot better than Winter..

I expect he's just doing this as an interim role.. he didn't come here to be a head coach..
But he's stepped up when this team needed a change.. I can't fault him for that.
I appreciate that he's filled the role, and doing it better than anyone we've had here for quite a while. maybe ever, for that matter.

he has a worse record than Preki, so the only one he's better than is Winter, which isn't saying much.

DaBandit
07-11-2012, 07:54 PM
19k my ass

Its never 19k when you can see the white maple leaf so clearly..

iy12l
07-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Doneil should be playing Cb and Ecks RB.

Batman
he has a worse record than Preki, so the only one he's better than is Winter, which isn't saying much.

I'd need to see some win loss stats for all the coaches to comment.. I don't have that data.

[NBF]
Robson is not doing enough on this Vancouver team.

James17930
07-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Ah -- that's my TFC!

[NBF]
Nice leap by Mattocks. Holly crap.

DaBandit
See this is when dunfield is valuable.. Nice solid tackle as we try to close out the game...

Well 2-2 as I write this..

ensco
07-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Goal of the year. Holy shit. These guys do it again. Serious posterization of Logan Emory.

ag futbol
uuuuuuuuuughhhh... god I think Mattocks must have Kei Kamara as his icon, the guy is such a douche.

iy12l
3-2 with a dunfield own goal

Batman
that guy had to get up 10 feet in the air

Oldtimer
07-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Go figure. Sure glad Mariner solved those defensive woes.

DaBandit
;1510011']Nice leap by Mattocks. Holly crap.

I think that sums up that very nicely, great athletism.

Batman
logan emory sure has been burned late enough times

Blixa
07-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Comedy.

James17930
07-11-2012, 07:59 PM
What the hell is with Cannon's shorts? Why do they always look like an adult diaper?

Batman
07-11-2012, 08:00 PM
ya baby

Oranje
3-2 with a dunfield own goal

Oh so close!

[NBF]
lol@dunfield

Batman
Dunfield OMG

ag futbol
ROFL

DaBandit
Goal dunfield... What dumb luck!!!! LMFAO

James17930
07-11-2012, 08:01 PM
3-2 with a dunfield goal

Fixed.

And now I eat humble pie.

LittleOzzy
Wow that never happens for TFC, amazing!

iy12l
LMAO!!

Oranje
After releasing Soolsma they now have cap space to sign Dunfield as the new DP

Batman
gee I feel good

ag futbol
07-11-2012, 08:02 PM
ohhh fuck do we have to be forced fed shit how dunfield is good now.

iy12l
07-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Now Dunfield signs a 5 year extension

Oranje
07-11-2012, 08:03 PM

Or take the 2-2 draw... tough call

[NBF]
07-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Its like watching "The Bad News Bears" or "Little Giants", that little guy won it. Someone said it on here, Dumb Luck.

Azerban
07-11-2012, 08:04 PM

um no why would we

Oldtimer
There is a certain class in Dunfield scoring the winner.

DaBandit
WTF.. Anybody see mattocks after the game, dude looks like a chick wearing some weird ass spandex 3/4 top.. Lol

Gazza
Put Dunfield on a Wheaties box. Fuck that, call on Gretzky, Jordan and Bo, we have ourselves the 4th Pro Star!

Batman

Haha... BTW.. I can't recall... have we ever WON a game in the last few seconds.. I can only remember losses.

Couchy81
CLASSIC GOAL

I love it!

I saw RJ talking shit in Mattocks ear at the end I wonder if he was griefing him lol.

OgtheDim
Comedy gold...

iy12l
07-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Dunfield own goal would of been better for TFC's future because atleast everyone would want him on the bench including Mariner.

Gazza
07-11-2012, 08:05 PM
This was just like Homer getting beaned in the head with the bases loaded to win the Nuclear Power Plant softball game.

ag futbol
07-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Haha... BTW.. I can't recall... have we ever WON a game in the last few seconds.. I can only remember losses.
Maybe against LA when Alan Gordon scored at the last second? or was that a draw?