PDA

View Full Version : TFC vs. TML

MadMike
07-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Is anyone else worried that TFC will end up like the Maple Leafs ....... making loads of cash , but not willing to spend too much of it ?? We NEED a defender and a striker bad ! I'm not cutting on our team but man .... Saturday's game was worrysome. :taz:

Bluenose13
07-14-2008, 01:23 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=3206

noochie
07-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Someone just got a new account huh?

Northern Soul
07-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Mike, glad you've decided to join the board and participate in discussion. However, please take a look (or do a search) on past posts that you may have missed. Believe it or not, we have likely already discussed it. ;)

MadMike
07-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Tough crowd ! I'll do some homework before my next post !

L8TR SK8TRS

noochie
07-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Is anyone else worried that TFC will end up like the Maple Leafs ....... making loads of cash , but not willing to spend too much of it ?? We NEED a defender and a striker bad ! I'm not cutting on our team but man .... Saturday's game was worrysome. :taz:

Sometimes it seems as though I am the only fan of this organization that brought us a franchise... perhaps it is because I don't cheer for any of their other pro teams but in any case your posted comparison does not make a whole lot of sense for a couple of reasons.

1. The Maple Leafs have been one of the top 5 paying teams in terms of player salaries over the last decade with only NYR, DET, DAL and COL averaging higher payrolls. And in a 30 team league their median salary and total payout have been well above league averages during that time. They have spent close to $460 million dollars during this period.

2. MLS has a salary cap of 2.4 million. TFC already pay to the cap... in fact every team does... it is nearly impossible not to when you have to split it 18 ways.

3. MLSE is on the record stating that budget for a potential DP has already been approved and will likely find a way into a salary budget whether one is signed or not this season.

4. The player carousel that we have seen over the past season and a half indicates that aren't waiting around and they are quickly trimming the fat to get to the meat of a successful team... why pay Robert 150K when you can play a college kid 33K (hypothetically speaking).

I have said it before and I will say it again, MLSE is not cheap... their hockey operation is incompetent. Now if you want to try and draw a real comparision try these on for size.

a) TFC cannot draft. Uh... this one won't work. Mo's recent drafting record includes: Jozy Altidore, Marvell Wynne, Maurice Edu and Brian Edwards.

b) Awful Management / Coaching. For this one, they have brought in a former top-flight assistant and surrounded him with other experienced coaches including arguably the best conditioning coach on this side of the atlantic.

I guess the point of this post is that you can dislike an organization however you want to, but at least get the facts. Just because you overhear someone talking about how cheap or bad an organization is has no bearing on how that franchise actually carries on their business.

And for all the Leafs fan out there that are now great supporters for TFC consider that when you were banging your head against the wall in the summer of '06 for missing the playoffs, MLSE was getting set to launch this franchise... and that has to count for something.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-15-2008, 09:19 AM
5) We have started an Academy
6) We have hired top coaches and trainers
7) We are the only team in the league with that 60k computer program that they use overseas in top professional leagues.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Please someone sticky this so this doesnt keep coming up

Ossington Mental Youth
07-15-2008, 09:20 AM
8) MLSE knows that this is a cashhog and they can make more money if they win and put together a winning team, as a result they will put more money into it if they get the chance.

Flipityflu
07-15-2008, 09:25 AM
you are not on your own noochie. i have nothing but happy feelings toward MLSE for the last two years.

it probably helps that i'm not a hockey fan really, so i have nothing that clouds my opinion from other parts of the operation.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-15-2008, 09:28 AM
you are not on your own noochie. i have nothing but happy feelings toward MLSE for the last two years.

it probably helps that i'm not a hockey fan really, so i have nothing that clouds my opinion from other parts of the operation.

HAHA
that makes two of us

Jay P
07-15-2008, 09:29 AM

raptors and Toronto FC they are fantastic...
i feel for leaf fans when they have to see other teams doing well

( for the most part)

Technorgasm
07-15-2008, 09:33 AM
This thread is Rubbish.