PDA

View Full Version : My first post got 86'd

MadMike
07-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Ok point taken. Black it is. I heard about Edu on Saturday's game. Gerry Dobsen said he would be named, I was only wondering if anyone could confirm it. :noidea:

Jay P
07-14-2008, 01:13 PM
heard that, but even they couldn't confirm it.. thye said later in the 2nd half, edu is expected to be named to the AS squad.

MadMike
07-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks .. I missed that. One is better than none. :canada:

Parkdale
07-14-2008, 01:18 PM
I just deleted it because without citing a source, ever rumour would have it's own thread, and things would be really messy in here. Now you've got your answer.

tfcfanatic
07-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Bizarre about Edu..I fully understand that fan voting has to be a factor in all of this, but surely someone should be able to step in and give the spot to a more deserving player. I wonder how his teammates will react to the news.

I still support the kid, but an All-Star game coming to your home city just isn't the same when one of the team's most dissapointing players (in my opinion of course) is voted in. I know that you guys are supporting West Ham because of the Stadium issues (fully support you guys), but my protest has to do with Edu...unacceptable!

MadMike
07-14-2008, 01:23 PM
True true Parkdale ..... my bad.

H Bomb
07-14-2008, 01:24 PM
During the broadcast they put up a bug that said he was an MLS All Star. They talked to him about it at half time and he said he was honoured. Then later they said it was expected he'd make it because he was the highest TFC player in total voting which included fans/GM's/Players n the like.

MadMike
07-14-2008, 01:27 PM
I thought Sutton had so many votes. What happend ?

H Bomb
07-14-2008, 01:32 PM
^^ he did in fans...not in GMs/Players

DigzTFC!
07-14-2008, 01:32 PM
All it means is that we can sell him for more.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1loyjm4SOa0

Tyler Durden
07-14-2008, 01:39 PM
They (MLS) want Edu on the team because he will be their poster boy for the next year and years to come (possibly)....he is going to be featured in the upcoming FIFA09...and he's ummm..a yankee...why would they want to put Sutton or Dichio on the team? even if they were deserving? their not DP's and their not american....simple

ilikemusic
07-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Dobson and Forrest were going on and on about Edu being TFC's representative at the ASG and then about half way through the game they said it wasnt official but they expected him to be named based on fan balloting.

Pretty amatuerish stuff from two guys who I like in the booth.

MadMike
07-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Nice one T.D. ! That is exactly what I was thinking. And how long before Ibbe goes somewhere else if he proves he can play. Could he be the next Adu ????????