PDA

View Full Version : Beckham being a douche (what else is new?)

__wowza
07-03-2012, 12:56 AM
evhw8Z5KdDA

yeah this was douchey, but seriously. hitting that shot off the volley, from the touchline into the box, between barrett and the ref.. who else could make that?

Greatest Ripoff
07-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Did anyone watch this match? It was on goltv and will most likely get replayed sometime this week. It was really fucking good from the neutral's standpoint. It was also great to see a league match with 50K plus in attendance. I wonder if we will ever see the day when this is the norm?

"how did that not go in?" the announcer talking about Barret's chance at the end.

werewolf
07-03-2012, 01:15 AM
Beckham and Landycakes trying to act like tough guys...LMAO

Kicking the ball at the ref too, he was lucky not to be sent off.

Shakes McQueen
07-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Beckham and Landycakes trying to act like tough guys...LMAO

Kicking the ball at the ref too, he was lucky not to be sent off.

At least Beckham looks sort of tough (if you've never heard him speak, anyway, haha). Landycakes looks like a creampuff, acts like a creampuff, and is a creampuff.

Even his name is terrible. "Landon Donovan" sounds like the name of an adult contemporary singer in the 1980's.

- Scott

Brooker
07-03-2012, 03:55 AM
Cronin should be embarrassed as much as Beckham. Disgraceful from both of them.

Blizzard
07-03-2012, 04:56 AM

Sam should be thanking Goldenballs. The ball that hit him obviously had magical qualities as it immediately cured him of a life threatening head injury.

TFC John
07-03-2012, 05:38 AM
Why was that not a straight red card? It was clearly intentional and it was directed at an opposing player on the ground after the play had stopped.

ryan
07-03-2012, 06:03 AM
Here's an interesting scenario cause the league had no issue giving their young star Brek Shea 3 games for tapping one lightly at the linesman.

bigredone
07-03-2012, 06:48 AM
It's Beckham, nuff said. Some players bring in more money than others and are above some of our rules. He probably gets a "get out of jail free card" at the start of each season.

Technorgasm
07-03-2012, 06:49 AM
t, Cronin. . . nice to see thsoe names again. .

douche move for sure. . . . total lulz though. .

Fort York Redcoat
07-03-2012, 07:15 AM

Yes and No. We all hate to see embellishment but Becks used his sniper foot to kick his toy out the pram. Unprofessional.

That game was amazing. The highlights are must-see.

Familiar faces

Cronin and Gordon

and Norbs new old fav Dunivant!

ganzo_thebest
07-03-2012, 08:03 AM
after the game they almost started going at it again...and he almost hit the mascot.....

flatpicker
07-03-2012, 08:31 AM
I get that it's somewhat unsportsmanlike.
But it's a football...
These guys deflect them off their heads at 100mph.
Not exactly a risk of injury here.

And Cronin down hurt?
Then suddenly cured with one touch of Beckham's miracle ball?
That to me is more unsportsmanlike.

Oldtimer
07-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Who is this "Beckham" player that people are talking about? Never heard of the guy... ;)

Gazza
07-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Beckham made his point. Cronin confirmed it.

"You're fine, get the f#ck up and stop milking it."

Gazza
07-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Somewhere Jeremy Hall is shaking his sore head.

Jack
07-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Beckham made his point. Cronin confirmed it.

"You're fine, get the f#ck up and stop milking it."
This. I think anyone who fakes an injury should have to take a Beckham free kick to the face.

Auzzy
07-03-2012, 10:24 AM
^ Will Beckham do it to his own teammates as well? I seem to remember plenty of time-wasting and injury faking from LA.

Jack
07-03-2012, 10:26 AM
^ Will Beckham do it to his own teammates as well? I seem to remember plenty of time-wasting and injury faking from LA.
Anyone who fakes an injury. If he does it, he needs to kick himself in the face g:D

Gazza
07-03-2012, 10:30 AM

Next time Landycakes goes to the ground and rolls around, Becks should pick up a half-empty, overpriced tall boy of Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale and whip it at him. I agree.

Detroit_TFC
07-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Did anyone watch this match? It was on goltv and will most likely get replayed sometime this week. It was really fucking good from the neutral's standpoint. It was also great to see a league match with 50K plus in attendance. I wonder if we will ever see the day when this is the norm?

"how did that not go in?" the announcer talking about Barret's chance at the end.

QFT - there was so much wild good shit in this game, I couldn't believe it. Rare that a hyped up game like that delivers. So many crazy things - Wondo's back heel, Jon Busch's face swelling up like a prizefighter, Beckham's laser pinpoint trolling, SJ's second GK making bunch of world class saves. All the casuals at the game got their money's worth, that's for sure. Not even to mention, 7 fricking goals. Unreal.

jimiv
07-03-2012, 10:39 AM
This. I think anyone who fakes an injury should have to take a Beckham free kick to the face.

Beckham's the biggest whiner in the league.

Here's a question - How many games would anyone else be given by the league if they kicked the ball at Beckham in the same manner?

Brooker
07-03-2012, 11:00 AM

Here's a question - How many games would anyone else be given by the league if they kicked the ball at Beckham in the same manner?

They would be taken out back at MLS headquarters and shot in the back of the head for crimes against humanity.

ouderwien
07-03-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm impressed with the shot. More impressive then his freekick. He was right on target to hit Cronin.

ryan
07-03-2012, 12:01 PM

Ryan Johnson is currently whining about this status. :)

__wowza
07-03-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm impressed with the shot. More impressive then his freekick. He was right on target to hit Cronin.

that's what i said! touchline to box, off the volley, in between two players.. you'd be hard pressed to find someone else who can make that.

SilverSamurai
07-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Sam should be thanking Goldenballs. The ball that hit him obviously had magical qualities as it immediately cured him of a life threatening head injury.

+1
Maybe the CMNT should employ this wonder cure for the Central American players that mysteriously fall due to the lake winds?

prizby
07-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Here's an interesting scenario cause the league had no issue giving their young star Brek Shea 3 games for tapping one lightly at the linesman.

how many games did marquez get last year for throwing a ball at landycakes after the final whistle in the playoffs?

WestStandGeoff
07-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Looks like a 1 match ban plus a fine for douche related activities.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1123091/la-galaxy's-beckham-handed-one-match-ban?cc=5901

Gazza
07-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Some of you owe the league an apology ;)

He was obviously letting off steam for his olympic snub. Britannia will be ruling the waves without him.