PDA

View Full Version : Improved atmosphere ?

Doucet3
07-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Noticed when I was at the Red Bulls game that the atmosphere was a lot better then recently (maybe just a figment of my imagination? Lol) the north stands where I was was more vocal and stomping the feet and more cheering and just everything, the RPB sector sounded great and just overall all around the stadium was just a better feel.

Anyone else notice this?, good to see I'm thinking it's because the decent form of late, just wanted to see what you guys think

Dv23
07-01-2012, 02:45 PM
It wasn't your imagination. I imagine that most people were just pumped up because of Henry being there. Always helps to have a couple of calls go the wrong way at the beginning of the game too. The fans got loud because of the call on Dunfield's tackle, which undoubtedly deserved a card, but which for some reason the fans didn't like. Also noticed that some people in the North End were trying to start some chants, which really made me happy.

Doucet3
07-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Even before the RB game there was an improved feeling. Some guy in a old school Grey kit got us going was nice to see I'd love to see him there for more if I wasn't sick I would have went all out to help him get things going lol

khso11
07-01-2012, 03:08 PM
i think we should all get together and bring the atmosphere back, even if we are losing by 3, i think chanting loud and proud brings more fun into the game!!! Next game vs Vancouver, we should make the tv hear us!!! I think the whole south stand should step up so we can lead the rest of the crowd :drum:

Doucet3
07-01-2012, 03:21 PM
I'd love to see the crazed atmosphere again I know us true supporters are still here a lot of fair weather have left us but whatever I live this team so the Vancouver game I'll give er lol

rocktml
07-01-2012, 09:41 PM
atmosphere was still shite guys, dont kid yourselves.....

SoccMan
07-01-2012, 11:07 PM
No atmosphere not improving at all, from where I sit it looks like even the south end is not what it use to be. I even noticed that they are less people at the games wearing TFC jerseys or TFC T shirts, alot more people coming to games in non TFC clothing.

Doucet3
07-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Hold on now I'm not saying we have 21,000 fans Cheering with TFC jerseys I'm just saying that handle full of TFC supporters who where already vocal a couple around them started to pipe up

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-01-2012, 11:45 PM
I thought it was pretty good. I know in the past people have speculated that night games are better from an atmosphere perspective. The Dichio chant was really strong.

MG42
07-02-2012, 08:35 AM
obviously not what it used to be but it was the best in a while for sure...devastating how the front office have slowly killed off supporters.

Fort York Redcoat
07-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Not the worst. Not nearly the best. Glad that the the North started something. It was curious to see the North stand fullish (rarity) for that ridiculous tifo but I suppose I could blame it on Henry.

The Henry/Arsenal fans were more ridiculous than the Beckham fans most years. I didn't notice them last year hit that obnoxious level. Whatever. Same rules apply. Eventually they will come to see Toronto play without playing a team with Henry or they won't. I'll hope for the former.

bigredone
07-02-2012, 09:37 AM
From the t.v. (sorry Reds) things seemed to have improved from other recent games. The volume and output from the supporters was good and consistent. The curses and R-rated comments were loud and clear too.

Thanks for the added excitement and energy that you guys provide. I find myself (when at home) using my coffee table to follow the beautiful drums.

Stouffville_RPB
07-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Caught a few minutes of game in an hour at midnight. Atmosphere seemed pretty good.

tfcocd
07-02-2012, 10:14 AM
From the t.v. (sorry Reds) things seemed to have improved from other recent games. The volume and output from the supporters was good and consistent. The curses and R-rated comments were loud and clear too.

Thanks for the added excitement and energy that you guys provide. I find myself (when at home) using my coffee table to follow the beautiful drums.

From the tv perspective the stands did look fuller which usually contributes to a general buzz about the stadium. This was one of the first times that it occurred to me (I guess I am usually there in person) that during any lulls in vocal support it was the drums that really helped maintain the atmosphere, differentiating from any other televised Toronto sporting event.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Acoustics at bmo are shite for most part and only found this out for the first time as was standing in 118 outside of my regular 113 section... I could hardly hear 111-112 - 113 from 118...and only now after 6 years i wonder why the atmosphere ends as far as 114 maybe 115....BMO needs a face lift bottom line and a roof..canvas ..anything.. would be a huge boost to our atmosphere!

Cant see it happening anytime soon..anyways

Yagbod
07-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Not the worst. Not nearly the best. Glad that the the North started something. It was curious to see the North stand fullish (rarity) for that ridiculous tifo but I suppose I could blame it on Henry..

Didn't see this Tifo on tv. Any pics or a description? Still up north...

eustacchio
07-02-2012, 04:27 PM

They had red and white cards that the people in the north held up so that there was a strip of red, then white, then red, then white.

You also missed a wonderful dance troupe break dancing at the centre line before the usual fanfare.

brad
07-02-2012, 06:45 PM
I didn't think it was any better. A guy behind me even said "what's up with the supporters section. Are they still protesting?"

Rudy
07-02-2012, 07:30 PM
I didn't think it was any better. A guy behind me even said "what's up with the supporters section. Are they still protesting?"

Can someone please tell me what happened to North End Elite? They dont seem to exist anymore...

Oldtimer
07-02-2012, 08:11 PM
I thought the support was good only by Toronto Lynx standards. It's more comparable to Dallas than to Seattle. It will take a serious turnaround in the team's fortunes to change that.

Rene Kingsriver
07-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Don't see how anyone can consider the atmosphere to be better when 3/4 of 115 was sitting down the whole game. The South End needs to be GA, I know its been done to death but the place for SGs is behind the goal not in the corner

Fort York Redcoat
07-02-2012, 09:42 PM

Nothing new. I bet you can find "a guy" that will say anything, any game. Don't care. Don't do it for him.

Can someone please tell me what happened to North End Elite? They dont seem to exist anymore...

They do. But I don't make it a habit to talk about other groups without them around.

Don't see how anyone can consider the atmosphere to be better when 3/4 of 115 was sitting down the whole game. The South End needs to be GA, I know its been done to death but the place for SGs is behind the goal not in the corner

Yes it's been done to death. Move the less than a hundred people in the corner singing to behind the net and the same problem still exists except now some people like yourself can say "Now they're where they should be." No thanks. We have a home.

RedRum
07-03-2012, 12:59 AM
i think we should all get together and bring the atmosphere back, even if we are losing by 3, i think chanting loud and proud brings more fun into the game!!! Next game vs Vancouver, we should make the tv hear us!!! I think the whole south stand should step up so we can lead the rest of the crowd :drum:

Yay let's go chant for fun so we can entertain the frat boy fuckwads that plague BMO. Yeah bro hail the almightly TV!!!

Where do you stand? What do you bring? Dunno... that's why I am askin'...

I'd love to see the crazed atmosphere again I know us true supporters are still here a lot of fair weather have left us but whatever I live this team so the Vancouver game I'll give er lol

True supporters are still here? I could name over 50 that have been shit upon, banned, shunned, or otherwise disregarded by RPB exec over the last 5 years. Any cherished exec want to challenge me to provide a list?

Yes. And until people realize a fucking title on a message board does not mean you are contributing to support, we will continue to look back at the old days, wish we could aspire to that, and continue to fail miserably.

No atmosphere not improving at all, from where I sit it looks like even the south end is not what it use to be. I even noticed that they are less people at the games wearing TFC jerseys or TFC T shirts, alot more people coming to games in non TFC clothing.

Correct - but until you come over to the south end, check your individuality at the door and actually do something about it, you have no one to blame but yourself. Not singling you out, this goes for everyone. Support is what you make it.

obviously not what it used to be but it was the best in a while for sure...devastating how the front office have slowly killed off supporters.

FO deserves blame 100% and yet we also need to accept their incompetence and persevere despite it. Do your best with the cards you are dealt so to speak. Collectively.

Not the worst. Not nearly the best. Glad that the the North started something. It was curious to see the North stand fullish (rarity) for that ridiculous tifo but I suppose I could blame it on Henry.

The Henry/Arsenal fans were more ridiculous than the Beckham fans most years. I didn't notice them last year hit that obnoxious level. Whatever. Same rules apply. Eventually they will come to see Toronto play without playing a team with Henry or they won't. I'll hope for the former.

This guy goes all game. Want to call yourself a supporter? Emulate him. Up a few, down a few, in the capo stand, in 112. 90+ without fail. 100% respect. Bottom 8 rows of 112 were comatose. Phil told me he doesn't control seating in 112 LMAO. Then he told me to go back to 127 after giving 100% all game. Don't tell me you dont know who these people were in the lower half of your section Phil... 90% recognizable RPB and they were fucking corpses dude. Aren't you embarrassed as president?

I missed it as well, but props to anyone who contributes. All it takes is a little effort on everyone's part to right the wrongs.

Go ask on their own board. Or better yet, go stand with them in 127 and contribute. Asking about what once was on a message board benefits no one.

I thought the support was good only by Toronto Lynx standards. It's more comparable to Dallas than to Seattle. It will take a serious turnaround in the team's fortunes to change that.

Team fortunes are a fucking crutch/band-aid, and besides it is not anything we can control Turnaround in the mentality of people who call themselves leaders is something we can control, and is critical.

QFT. And people laughed at me when I warned a year and a half ago Montreal support would embarrass us when they came into the league. HEY GUYS WE ARE BEING TO PUT TO SHAME BY UM02. They called us "plastic" years ago and we laughed at them in our perceived invincibility.

khso11
07-03-2012, 01:44 AM
Yay let's go chant for fun so we can entertain the frat boy fuckwads that plague BMO. Yeah bro hail the almightly TV!!!

Where do you stand? What do you bring? Dunno... that's why I am askin'...

I stand at 113, i bring my scarf, jersey, and my voice, I hope I'll see you there doing the same thing too, thanks!!!!:scarf:

Cashcleaner
07-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Any particular reason for the cartoonish over-the-top hostility and paranoia, Redrum?

I thought the atmosphere looked pretty good on the TV. Sure, we've seen much better, but considering the highs and lows of this season, it wasn't too bad. I'm confident things will turn around. The fact is, we're shaping up to be a better team - no matter who deserves the credit for the change on the pitch, and that's obviously going to translate into more noise from the stands.

I know we hate to think that the attitudes of the crowd is somehow tied to the quality of play we're watching, but that's just how things are. I agree that as Supporters we should strive to be at the forefront of the atmosphere, but we only have so much influence.

RedRum
07-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Cartoonish over the top hostility and paranoia Cash? Cite my specific words that you feel are so, so I may respond to your blanket statement. Thanks.

We looked great on TV? The bottom 8 rows of 112 did fuck all - and anyone who begs to differ, by all means stand up and and be counted. Aside from FYR and maybe 1 or 2 people (being generous here imo) it was a morgue. Funny - it wasn't so long ago that all of 112 was liquid. You know what liquid is dude? Scarves, hands and jumping. Whole god damn section looked like a big happy fucking aquarium on 'roids. Now it's just a dying cesspool - only the dead fish sank to the bottom instead of floating to the top.

kodiakTFC
07-03-2012, 03:01 AM
Can we get people to stop standing on their seats in 113. I'm tall so I don't really care but it affects other people's view. Once one person does, EVERYONE DOES IT.

kodiakTFC
07-03-2012, 03:04 AM
Acoustics at bmo are shite for most part and only found this out for the first time as was standing in 118 outside of my regular 113 section... I could hardly hear 111-112 - 113 from 118...and only now after 6 years i wonder why the atmosphere ends as far as 114 maybe 115....BMO needs a face lift bottom line and a roof..canvas ..anything.. would be a huge boost to our atmosphere!

Cant see it happening anytime soon..anyways

This is important. On days where theres a little wind, we can't be heard at all. Last game I saw the North end doing the TFC chant, couldn't hear a word.

Cashcleaner
07-03-2012, 04:26 AM
Cartoonish over the top hostility and paranoia Cash? Cite my specific words that you feel are so, so I may respond to your blanket statement. Thanks.

We looked great on TV? The bottom 8 rows of 112 did fuck all - and anyone who begs to differ, by all means stand up and and be counted. Aside from FYR and maybe 1 or 2 people (being generous here imo) it was a morgue. Funny - it wasn't so long ago that all of 112 was liquid. You know what liquid is dude? Scarves, hands and jumping. Whole god damn section looked like a big happy fucking aquarium on 'roids. Now it's just a dying cesspool - only the dead fish sank to the bottom instead of floating to the top.

It probably sounds like a blanket statement because it sums up almost the entire tone of your post. Though it was actually a question. Is there any particular reason for the cartoonish over-the-top hostility and paranoia?

Tell you what. Why don't you just fill us all in on your last game experience? Maybe give us a rundown on what you were doing on Saturday? Get it all out and in the open, so to speak. Give us something to maybe inspire us or look up to. And don't leave anything out, we want to know all the details. I'm sure we can all learn something, even if in the very least about yourself.

RedRum
07-03-2012, 05:24 AM
Didn't address any of my points cash - quote one man go ahead and I will respond. If you want to sit there and deflect from the issues, I will do the same.

So how was your saturday evening? Tell me of your experiences sitting in front of your tv.

Shakes McQueen
07-03-2012, 05:26 AM
Don't know about paranoia, but unless you're being intentionally obtuse (on the internet? never!), the hostility is pretty obvious.

As for me, I like to drink at games, then yell at other people for not supporting hard enough. Sort of a pastime of mine.

- Scott

TFC John
07-03-2012, 05:30 AM
True supporters are still here? I could name over 50 that have been shit upon, banned, shunned, or otherwise disregarded by RPB exec over the last 5 years. Any cherished exec want to challenge me to provide a list?

Yes. And until people realize a fucking title on a message board does not mean you are contributing to support, we will continue to look back at the old days, wish we could aspire to that, and continue to fail miserably.

Phil told me he doesn't control seating in 112 LMAO. Then he told me to go back to 127 after giving 100% all game. Don't tell me you dont know who these people were in the lower half of your section Phil... 90% recognizable RPB and they were fucking corpses dude. Aren't you embarrassed as president?

You clearly have some kind of problem with the leadership of this group. Since your status shows Registered User I assume you have chosen not to become a member of this group. Perhaps you decided to vote with your feet by leaving. That is a perfectly valid statement of your opinion of the group and/or it's leadership. However it should also be your last statement about our group and our leadership. Many of us have chosen to vote with our votes instead of our feet. For the first time we have an elected leadership. That means these people really do speak on our behalf. As a result they are accountable to us. But they are only accountable to the people they represent. They are not accountable to you because you have chosen not to be a member. Phil or any other Executives do not owe you anything. You are allowed to post on this board as a courtesy provided to the public by the RPB. Calling out our President and others who work countless hours on our behalf is not appreciated and frankly somewhat rude. Would you attend a free party and the criticize the host? If you want to question the leadership you first have to pay the membership fee.

Parkdale
07-03-2012, 06:57 AM
how often does Phil get cornered and yelled at by angry non members?

Seems like every game day someone who's not in the group decides to spend a prolonged time yelling at him. Im not saying its just you redrum, because there are lots of people who do it - but why does Phil have to spend a good chunk of his day defending himself to people who aren't in the group?

Plus it's never like these people are calm and polite. You (red rum) were screaming in his face like some bath salts maniac - why would anyone bother to respond to that kind of treatment?

Oldtimer
07-03-2012, 07:16 AM
I always "love" it when non-members try to tell those we've elected how to run our group. Or tell our group how we need to do things.

bigredone
07-03-2012, 07:16 AM
"Mr. Atmosphere" = Danny Kool

__wowza
07-03-2012, 08:46 AM
i'll parlay the argument with redrum, everyone else has nailed any point i'd make.

"Mr. Atmosphere" = Danny Kool

^ now this, this is where it's at. we really need to get that danny koev chant started up in full voice after goals..

SuperTCP
07-03-2012, 10:31 AM

I was there and I agree.

lobo
07-03-2012, 10:38 AM
It wasn't your imagination. I imagine that most people were just pumped up because of Henry being there.

huh?

c'mon ... Henry gets no credit for improved atmosphere at BMO. People may be pumped because we are playing better as a team and actually getting some points, not because Thierry Henry is in town. Seriously, the few ppl who went to that game to see Henry, wearing their arsenal red, contributed nothing to the atmosphere.

Phil
07-03-2012, 11:20 AM
This guy goes all game. Want to call yourself a supporter? Emulate him. Up a few, down a few, in the capo stand, in 112. 90+ without fail. 100% respect. Bottom 8 rows of 112 were comatose. Phil told me he doesn't control seating in 112 LMAO. Then he told me to go back to 127 after giving 100% all game. Don't tell me you dont know who these people were in the lower half of your section Phil... 90% recognizable RPB and they were fucking corpses dude. Aren't you embarrassed as president?

I don't control seating in 112. You even eluded to this in your verbal assult on me at shoeless. You said atmosphere was better at CCL games, want to know why? Because supporters snap up the tickets that others pass on. Its pretty simple really.

I only suggested that you go to the north stand after you accosted me in the stands. Does it really seem appropriate to stand in the middle of 112 and call out the guys there? I get your point Redrum, but your delivery that night was not the right approach.

I would prefer the atmosphere to be better but I also reconize that 100% effort is unsustaible all the time. We have off nights, the team has shanked some leads and the infamous NYRB were in town which ups the hype. We have bad games, it happens.

Bluenose13
07-03-2012, 11:30 AM
The Bullshit that Phil has had to put up with is off fucking side & needs to stop.

There is no excuse for it, Phil is a non-confrontational guy that has given up tons of his personal time to try & help enhance support.

I challenge anyone to do a better job while the team continue's to shit the bed, the product on the field has contributed 90% to reduction of support in the stands.

Getting drunk & spewing bullshit at Phil is un-accepable in 112 & at Shoeless Joes.

Jeremy I have stood as a fellow supporter with you in many different cities & respect your enthusiasm but your constant abuse of Phil is over the line & you need to check the anger at the gate & start to enjoy supporting TFC again.

At the end of the day we all support the same team & all should be on the SAME team, fighting amongst fellow supporters really defeats the purpose & will only set us further back.

When attending TFC games is no longer fun, go do something else. Game day should be a chance to release frustrations & forget about day to day shit for 90 minutes, who has time for the anger & rage during the games?????

Kyle_121
07-03-2012, 11:54 AM
C'mon. Supporting is serious business. It's more important than your job or your family. If you can't look within yourself and realize this, then you might as well leave your scarf wrapped tall boy at home!

The lack of mentality in this thread is what redrum is eluding to and it needs to be addressed.

To quote the great Mario Ballotelli "When I score I don’t celebrate because I’m only doing my job. When a postman delivers letters does he celebrate?"

We need to be in the stands celebrating like we're about to win the league every game, even if they're never gonna believe us!

Redrum, you're always welcome to stand in 121 with the rest of us!

Parkdale
07-03-2012, 12:13 PM
C'mon. Supporting is serious business. It's more important than your job or your family. If you can't look within yourself and realize this, then you might as well leave your scarf wrapped tall boy at home!

http://i.qkme.me/3j3k.jpg

__wowza
07-03-2012, 12:49 PM
how i sum up the people still singing after six seasons..

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_tSgOZg52t5A/TGjD8-jujYI/AAAAAAAABGI/WOdGk1aAIsU/s320/Jayne.jpg
Far as I see it, you people been given the shortest end of the stick ever been offered a human soul in this crap-heel 'verse. But you took that end, and you - well, you took it. And that's - Well, I guess that's somethin

you guys deserve a fucking medal.

OfficeGuy
07-03-2012, 01:37 PM
I thought the dancing thing by the East Side Stands was horrible. I did see the white haired, white jeaned man (Marketing maven) walking around taking notes and not engaging any fans in any way. Is that the saviour of the MLSE realm?

TOBOR !
07-03-2012, 03:01 PM
@ RedRum - your anger is a force to be reckoned with - you just need to point it in the right direction.

ryan
07-03-2012, 05:27 PM
I thought the dancing thing by the East Side Stands was horrible. I did see the white haired, white jeaned man (Marketing maven) walking around taking notes and not engaging any fans in any way. Is that the saviour of the MLSE realm?

He's the new court jester here to bring us flashy dance parties.

prizby
07-03-2012, 05:38 PM
atmosphere is almost always dependent on wind direction

Parkdale
07-03-2012, 07:01 PM

so let's get some fans?

prizby
07-03-2012, 07:34 PM
so let's get some fans?

lets lower prices

flatpicker
07-03-2012, 07:51 PM

so let's get some fans?

Give away free baked beans at start of game.
That might improve wind direction.

Chris Wren
07-03-2012, 09:50 PM
I thought the atmosphere was good. Why must there be a constant negative vibe around this team and its supporters?

What the hell is it that you who complain about the atmosphere want?

Chris Wren
07-03-2012, 09:54 PM

C'mon man. Toronto Lynx standards, Dallas?

How can you ever expect to be happy if you think that was a poor crowd?

Phil
07-03-2012, 10:48 PM
I thought the atmosphere was good. Why must there be a constant negative vibe around this team and its supporters?

It felt quiet in the stands. We are also our own worst critics.

It can be a real challenge just making it out to games for some, so I still applaud the people who came out.

TOBOR !
07-03-2012, 10:53 PM
so let's get some fans?

S'okay, Parky... I saw what you did there.

RedRum
07-04-2012, 02:36 AM
Don't know about paranoia, but unless you're being intentionally obtuse (on the internet? never!), the hostility is pretty obvious.

As for me, I like to drink at games, then yell at other people for not supporting hard enough. Sort of a pastime of mine.

- Scott

I find it amusing you calling me obtuse on the internet, yet so few know you by face. Been to 25 or so away games... never had the pleasure of bumping into you.

You clearly have some kind of problem with the leadership of this group. Since your status shows Registered User I assume you have chosen not to become a member of this group. Perhaps you decided to vote with your feet by leaving. That is a perfectly valid statement of your opinion of the group and/or it's leadership. However it should also be your last statement about our group and our leadership. Many of us have chosen to vote with our votes instead of our feet. For the first time we have an elected leadership. That means these people really do speak on our behalf. As a result they are accountable to us. But they are only accountable to the people they represent. They are not accountable to you because you have chosen not to be a member. Phil or any other Executives do not owe you anything. You are allowed to post on this board as a courtesy provided to the public by the RPB. Calling out our President and others who work countless hours on our behalf is not appreciated and frankly somewhat rude. Would you attend a free party and the criticize the host? If you want to question the leadership you first have to pay the membership fee.

Many points made in your post. Too long to respond to each one, but I agree Phil and leadership owe me nothing. As leaders though they do however owe support as a whole everything, and in that criteria (imo) they fall short.

how often does Phil get cornered and yelled at by angry non members?

Seems like every game day someone who's not in the group decides to spend a prolonged time yelling at him. Im not saying its just you redrum, because there are lots of people who do it - but why does Phil have to spend a good chunk of his day defending himself to people who aren't in the group?

Plus it's never like these people are calm and polite. You (red rum) were screaming in his face like some bath salts maniac - why would anyone bother to respond to that kind of treatment?

I articulated what I wanted to express to him both in the stands and at Joes afterward. I may have put my point across passionately in 112, but I make no apologies for that. Was not acting in a threatening or hostile manner as you suggest.

I always "love" it when non-members try to tell those we've elected how to run our group. Or tell our group how we need to do things.

Your group is failing support wise, across the board frankly. Vocal presence at home leaves much to be desired. Banners and tifos not even a fraction of what they once were. Away support lacking. Tell me I am wrong.

I don't control seating in 112. You even eluded to this in your verbal assult on me at shoeless. You said atmosphere was better at CCL games, want to know why? Because supporters snap up the tickets that others pass on. Its pretty simple really.

I only suggested that you go to the north stand after you accosted me in the stands. Does it really seem appropriate to stand in the middle of 112 and call out the guys there? I get your point Redrum, but your delivery that night was not the right approach.

I would prefer the atmosphere to be better but I also reconize that 100% effort is unsustaible all the time. We have off nights, the team has shanked some leads and the infamous NYRB were in town which ups the hype. We have bad games, it happens.

You don't control seating but dont tell me 80% of the guys in the first 8 rows are not rpb. You told me to go to 127 ... I am 90+ every game without fail, Saturday included. Your own members put forth a lacklustre effort. But I should be the one to apologize LOL.

I highly object to your assertion of a "verbal assault" at Joes. That's sheer jokes Phil and we both know it.

The Bullshit that Phil has had to put up with is off fucking side & needs to stop.

There is no excuse for it, Phil is a non-confrontational guy that has given up tons of his personal time to try & help enhance support.

I challenge anyone to do a better job while the team continue's to shit the bed, the product on the field has contributed 90% to reduction of support in the stands.

Getting drunk & spewing bullshit at Phil is un-accepable in 112 & at Shoeless Joes.

Jeremy I have stood as a fellow supporter with you in many different cities & respect your enthusiasm but your constant abuse of Phil is over the line & you need to check the anger at the gate & start to enjoy supporting TFC again.

At the end of the day we all support the same team & all should be on the SAME team, fighting amongst fellow supporters really defeats the purpose & will only set us further back.

When attending TFC games is no longer fun, go do something else. Game day should be a chance to release frustrations & forget about day to day shit for 90 minutes, who has time for the anger & rage during the games?????

You weren't there Geoff. You know me well enough over the last 5/6 years. Believe what you will my friend. I aint apologizing for dick, because I have nothing to apologize for.

Ageroo
07-04-2012, 02:51 AM
I find it amusing you calling me obtuse on the internet, yet so few know you by face. Been to 25 or so away games... never had the pleasure of bumping into you.

I am not going to comment on everything you've laid out in the quote post here Jeremy....but this point you make here... I don't know how this makes any difference to anything at all? I have been to away games 5 times over the years. Does that make me any less of a supporter? I am not sure what you are trying to prove by telling us that you have been to 25 away games of support? That doesn't show that you are better than any other fan or supporter in attendance or not in attendance.

TFC has fans/supporters that have never stepped foot inside BMO. There are probable people that have been to more games than you and you haven't bumped into them. By your logic they don't even matter...everyone supports in different ways my friend.....and I say friend because I have shared a beer with you at tailgates and on the road in the past.

I understand you want more, but not sure (in my opinion) that you are going about it the right way here....

TOBOR !
07-04-2012, 05:36 AM
Again @ Red Rum: rather than just complaining about the situation and waging web wars on multiple fronts, try offering up some solutions.

Identifying problems isn't at all helpful unless you're prepared to help think of a way to fix them.

Oldtimer
07-04-2012, 05:51 AM
Many points made in your post. Too long to respond to each one, but I agree Phil and leadership owe me nothing. As leaders though they do however owe support as a whole everything, and in that criteria (imo) they fall short.

So a guy crashes a party and complains that the beer isn't cold enough... it may be true that the beer is warm... but that still doesn't change the situation...

Wagner
07-04-2012, 07:27 AM
Away support lacking. Tell me I am wrong.

you're wrong.

it happens in the members area.

for the MTL game at easter, the RPB made the largest group/bulk buy. When our members want to travel, we make it happen.

Parkdale
07-04-2012, 07:32 AM
... I am 90+ every game without fail, Saturday included.

Did you, or did you not get ejected from the stadium on Saturday because security caught you drinking smuggled-in beer?

Sorry, but if you're going to claim "90+, saturday included" then you need to answer the question.

I highly object to your assertion of a "verbal assault" at Joes. That's sheer jokes Phil and we both know it.

You were yelling in his face to the point that two guys intentionally stood between you and Phil to create some separation. (cheers Mark and Dwayne)
You may remember it differently, but for everyone that was there - you were well over the line. All of the issues aside, you acted with such disrespect toward Phil that you deserve none from us.

Phil
07-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Again @ Red Rum: rather than just complaining about the situation and waging web wars on multiple fronts, try offering up some solutions.

Identifying problems isn't at all helpful unless you're prepared to help think of a way to fix them.

This is one of my main issues here. Yell at me in the stands. Yell at me at the pub. Yes I do think it goes over the line when I have people coming up to me to offer support after seeing you act the way you did. A lot of people saw that as a threatening move.

But through it all, its complaints with no suggestion otherwise. The way to motivate people is not to stand in the middle of them and yell, but again that is just my suggestion about conduct, nothing more. Ending coversations with you buddies with comments like 'we know where to find you' comes across as pretty threatening.

For the record I would like to point out that Bluenose was 2 rows behind me when I was confronted in the stands, so he was there for one of the more volitile parts.

I will take RedRums observations into consideration, I may not agree with the method but there is a good message to encourage the group and its membership to remain vocal and visual supporters.

Phil
07-04-2012, 07:37 AM
You were yelling in his face to the point that two guys intentionally stood between you and Phil to create some separation. (cheers Mark and Dwayne)
You may remember it differently, but for everyone that was there - you were well over the line. All of the issues aside, you acted with such disrespect toward Phil that you deserve none from us.

I would also like to publically thank Mark and Dwayne for helping me out. To whomever was at the table that had to leave because of the yelling and intimidation going on, I am sorry you had to see that.

Parkdale
07-04-2012, 08:00 AM
You weren't there Geoff. You know me well enough over the last 5/6 years. Believe what you will my friend. I aint apologizing for dick, because I have nothing to apologize for.

Wasn't Geoff standing in row 6 (on the side of the drum) the whole time? You know, like two rows back from where Phil was standing?

__wowza
07-04-2012, 08:01 AM

i agree, i think we are our own worst critics, but ive been to games where we all went a solid 90+ only to hear "wow, you guys sounded like you were hardly there from when i watched it on tv!" from friends. as for the constant negative vibe, welp, nothing 6 winning seasons wouldn't help cure!

oh, and in other news, we're currently 2 points behind philly for last place in the MLS. g:D

I DEMAND A WHOLE EVERYTHING!!

there we go again with that whole "the RPB's owe everyone at BMO a good show!" song and dance. never get tired of hearing how we're responsible for all supporters. in other news, im staying out of this. i wasn't at the game on saturday (i was showing my girlfriends cousin around town while she worked), so i've got nothing to contribute about what happened.

what i am going to chip in on is that you've been bodogging the RPBs for quite a bit now, unless you'd like to contribute anything useful to the discussion i'd suggest you take up your discussion with phil in private. the exec and the banner team work too hard for you to be shitting on them, especially when you're going to compare all of us to your own personal standard which from what im reading looks like starting an argument during a match and being ejected from the grounds for bringing in a smuggled beer.

so again, this is not the place to air your personal gripe with the president and the current state of the RPBs. we have channels that we go through for that, and we go through those channels civilly.

you started getting into it here, and im asking you politely to either stop it, start being civil, or talk to the exec.

Give away free baked beans at start of game.
That might improve wind direction.

i see what you did there.

Chris Wren
07-04-2012, 08:21 AM

It can be a real challenge just making it out to games for some, so I still applaud the people who came out.

I didn't feel it was that quiet. Just my opinion. If one expects to hear a song for 90 minutes, then sure it was quiet, I guess. I thought there was a good buzz in the stands. I too applaud those who came out, it was pretty much full.

We are our own worst critics to a fault. At some point in our history it just needs to be accepted that not everyone is on board with the song and dance routine. I'm not saying this is what you are saying, just an observation. To some, like me, it's unreasonable to sing constantly.

Also, I have said this before but I will say it again. The songs are getting stale. The Dichio chant was strong, because it's personal to us. Most of the rest are just duplicates of songs every team sings. How is that supposed to inspire people game in and game out? They're meaningless at this point. Fresh blood is desperately needed in the song and chant department if people are expected to join in on a regular basis.

Parkdale
07-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Fresh blood is desperately needed in the song and chant department if people are expected to join in on a regular basis.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/image.php?u=35421&type=sigpic&dateline=1320523698

^ I wish we could sing this.

__wowza
07-04-2012, 08:47 AM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/image.php?u=35421&type=sigpic&dateline=1320523698

^ I wish we could sing this.

oh shut your crap lousy face, i've been saying that for two years!! :frown5:
but i agree with chris on all of his points. when i say "full 90+", i don't mean singing for the whole game, but just generally being up, interested, and into it. not texting for half of the game and only looking up the jeer the opposing team for faking an injury.

__wowza
07-04-2012, 11:17 AM
^ yeeeeah. im not dealing with this.
if redrum wants to continue the discussion then he knows how we can do that, until then we're getting back on topic.

jloome
07-04-2012, 11:26 AM

A little balance from an outsider who watches the game on TV ...but has been here for every major discussion since 2007: you still sound impressive on TV.

Despite early buy-in from hardcores having dwindled due to the team's woeful performances, the majority of the crowd was always dilettantes and casuals. So it was never as loud as Portland or Seattle, where they have fewer other major sports options. The south end is still loud as hell.

The hardcore still bring it. Yes, the song selection sounds like other parks now, but that's because they've caught up. You just need some new songs.

As for people behaving aggressively on the board, it's always been a problem, people choosing sides then defending them as if their own personal security (rather than just their humility) was at stake, even though it's a public board where the only real civil right they have is to be civil and be treated civilly.

It's been better lately, for obvious reasons. As a non-member, I don't like that so much of it moved into the RPB area, and I would suggest that doesn't help keep things cool with non-members, but it's your club, so over to you on that.

TOBOR !
07-04-2012, 11:51 AM
^ yeeeeah. im not dealing with this.
if redrum wants to continue the discussion then he knows how we can do that, until then we're getting back on topic.

Que ?…

nfitz
07-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Go ask on their own board. Or better yet, go stand with them in 127 and contribute. Asking about what once was on a message board benefits no one.You could simply answer the question. From what I could see from 116, there was no sign of them in 127. Did they move? Are they boycotting again? Were they all arrested in Montreal or something? I don't see any reason why those of us who aren't in the loop, couldn't simply get the 411.

I was surprised how many were sitting in 115 and 116 ... I shuffled over a bit to where others were standing, so I wasn't standing in front of those sitting behind me; I've never thought like that before in a supporters section, unless there was a child or something behind me.

Phil
07-04-2012, 02:25 PM
A little balance from an outsider who watches the game on TV ...but has been here for every major discussion since 2007: you still sound impressive on TV.

Despite early buy-in from hardcores having dwindled due to the team's woeful performances, the majority of the crowd was always dilettantes and casuals. So it was never as loud as Portland or Seattle, where they have fewer other major sports options. The south end is still loud as hell.

The hardcore still bring it. Yes, the song selection sounds like other parks now, but that's because they've caught up. You just need some new songs.

As for people behaving aggressively on the board, it's always been a problem, people choosing sides then defending them as if their own personal security (rather than just their humility) was at stake, even though it's a public board where the only real civil right they have is to be civil and be treated civilly.

It's been better lately, for obvious reasons. As a non-member, I don't like that so much of it moved into the RPB area, and I would suggest that doesn't help keep things cool with non-members, but it's your club, so over to you on that.

Good feedback and thanks for taking the time to point some of that out.

As stated earlier, we are our own worst critics, and it is very difficult to judge how effective the noise is. The layout and lack of roof make the acoustics very hard to gauge.

As far as the board, the effort is to bring intelligent discussion back to the open forum, just within the rules that we ask. Trolling and personal attacks are things that nobody enjoys. We are here to talk about TFC and supporter realated topics, we will strive to be the most open and inviting place. It always has its ups and downs though.

Phil
07-04-2012, 02:31 PM
I didn't feel it was that quiet. Just my opinion. If one expects to hear a song for 90 minutes, then sure it was quiet, I guess. I thought there was a good buzz in the stands. I too applaud those who came out, it was pretty much full.

We are our own worst critics to a fault. At some point in our history it just needs to be accepted that not everyone is on board with the song and dance routine. I'm not saying this is what you are saying, just an observation. To some, like me, it's unreasonable to sing constantly.

Also, I have said this before but I will say it again. The songs are getting stale. The Dichio chant was strong, because it's personal to us. Most of the rest are just duplicates of songs every team sings. How is that supposed to inspire people game in and game out? They're meaningless at this point. Fresh blood is desperately needed in the song and chant department if people are expected to join in on a regular basis.

I agree with most of this.

The songs do get stale, and it feels like reading a script or playing russian roulette.....which song, ummmmm, okay TFC allez.

But when we get good new songs, they usually catch fast. Its always the same thing though, people have to know the tune and the easier the better. Long may you Run is a great song, but its not a well observed song therefore it takes more time. Throw a 'just can't get enough' out there and its carries across a large portion of the south in a matter of a game or two.

When I sit in 115, and I hear the guys belting new songs, I know they are catching. That has always been my test of proof.

Alas, all this loosing, the constant turnstyle at the manger & player position, the lack of vision from the team and PR has a toll. We can only hope they have turned some corner and give us some reasons to be happier in the stands. Poisitivity is a great building platform and quite frankly we dont have much to work with but we are finding it. Negativity only brings destruction, resentment and finger pointing. It can feul things to a point then it implodes.

Carts
07-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Speaking to the feedback offered from jloome & Phil's comments about it...

Its amazing the difference 'listening' to the chants, to belting them out from 111-112-113 etc...

My seats are in 109... There are times I am in 112, most times recently in 109 for various reasons (none due to the group or anything like that)...

Some of the Champions League games, where we generate the most noise, and I'm in 112 - they sound like the quietest to me somehow...

Next match I'll be sitting in 109, singing along, but the noise level sounds twice what it did the match before - even though everyone inside 112 would be raving about how much better it was during the Champions League match...

Perspective is an amazing thing... jloome brings up the same type of point in regards to how it sounds on TV...

Like Phil says, sometimes we are our worst critics - and there's nothing wrong with constructive criticism but its tough to tell how we sound to the rest of the stadium, from inside sections delivering the noise...

Just my 0.02...

Shakes McQueen
07-04-2012, 04:13 PM

The vast majority of member conversation still exists outside the members-only section of the board, so I wouldn't fret too much there. This was actually part of what spurred the moderators/executive to start trying to clean up the boards, and start taking harder stances with the people who abused the rules. Since those actions have taken place, the members-only section has gone back to being mostly used to organize things and discuss member affairs.

- Scott

FluSH
07-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Wooooow

Fuck I don't have time to read through all of this. RedRum, I don't even know what to say... Maybe we can chat in person. There has been much frustration over the years, and those who don't like the group, leave the group or go elsewhere. Simple as that. Life events also affect us all but Friends will always be friends. Nonetheless, The Red Patch Boys will always be here. Whether it's 200 members or a handful of ppl I will make sure of that. My brother was buried with his RPB scarf and may God be my witness my family and I will represent The Red Patch Boys until I die.

-FluSH

Parkdale
07-04-2012, 06:17 PM
^ great post. I hit the star for that one.

Brooker
07-04-2012, 07:22 PM
C'mon. Supporting is serious business. It's more important than your job or your family

Gonna have to disagree with that one big time but that's just me.

To quote the great Mario Ballotelli "When I score I don’t celebrate because I’m only doing my job. When a postman delivers letters does he celebrate?"

Ballotelli celebrates goals all the time. Also, that is an awful comparison for many different reasons but then again Mario is as dumb as a bag of hammers so that's par for the course.

We need to be in the stands celebrating like we're about to win the league every game, even if they're never gonna believe us!

Totally agree.

Carts
07-04-2012, 07:27 PM
If anyone here is worried about our atmosphere - turn on the Montreal game...

Brand new stadium, team not doing terrible (especially for an expansion team) and the stadium is 35% EMPTY...

And I'm not talking kickoff-empty or end of game-empty, we're in the heart of a 1-1 match...

I know its a weeknight, but YIKES! (Although, f*ck'em its Montreal :) )

I could always be worse...

Doucet3
07-04-2012, 08:38 PM
If anyone here is worried about our atmosphere - turn on the Montreal game...

Brand new stadium, team not doing terrible (especially for an expansion team) and the stadium is 35% EMPTY...

And I'm not talking kickoff-empty or end of game-empty, we're in the heart of a 1-1 match...

I know its a weeknight, but YIKES! (Although, f*ck'em its Montreal :) )

I could always be worse...

I couldn't believe it after all the marketing they had for the new stadium lol.

In all honesty guys it's sad, dis heartening and makes me gutted that there's such bitterness and ..... Just bullshit in the ranks of supporters, like cmon guys, drop the shit wether your bitter and a hard head stubborn fucker, let it go and come together like shit.

Im a stubborn ass to but sometimes no matter how frustrated you are for the love of TFC you have to give ER up, like shit the actual supporters left are the hardcore ones, non of these people who come to a game to chat to there friends about Real Madrid there favorite team and talk about work or a girl he fucked etc. fuck half these bastard don't understand the game, I watch the game and am predicting what happens (think cross to left side, it's crossed) shit like that.

Dont start turning now all the fair wether fans have left, band together guys

kodiakTFC
07-04-2012, 11:52 PM
I just wanted to say, we've been lousy for 6 years and yet still put a good amount of asses in the seats. Our attendance has dropped off, for each of the first five years we averaged 20k and it looks like this year we'll be somewhere in the 18500-19000 range. We definitely don't have the same noise we use to have but I strongly believe, with the SkyDome game as a reference, if we had something to cheer for we'd be loud as all hell. We have an incredible fanbase, we're loyal (to a fault) and we love this team.

Montreal's last three league matches have had a lower attendance than any TFC league game. Ever. By a lot. I believe our lowest was 16000? They only had 12000 tonight. They said soccer would never work in Toronto, they were wrong, its thrived.

RedRum
07-05-2012, 02:57 AM
I am not going to comment on everything you've laid out in the quote post here Jeremy....but this point you make here... I don't know how this makes any difference to anything at all? I have been to away games 5 times over the years. Does that make me any less of a supporter? I am not sure what you are trying to prove by telling us that you have been to 25 away games of support? That doesn't show that you are better than any other fan or supporter in attendance or not in attendance.

TFC has fans/supporters that have never stepped foot inside BMO. There are probable people that have been to more games than you and you haven't bumped into them. By your logic they don't even matter...everyone supports in different ways my friend.....and I say friend because I have shared a beer with you at tailgates and on the road in the past.

I understand you want more, but not sure (in my opinion) that you are going about it the right way here....

Perhaps Shakes himself can chime in and enlighten us as to what he has done to contribute to support. Chanting in 112? Showing up to banner sessions? Supporting away? Keep in mind he was the the one who made the obtuse on the internet remark. I look forward to his response.

Solutions...now you are speaking my language. How about requiring members to do something aside from paying a membership fee? Contributing vocally in the stands. Attending banner painting sessions. Contributing to banner sessions financially. Attending away matches. Not saying everyone can do all those by any means nor would I expect them to, but do what you can. Especially the first point, there is no no excuse for standing in 112 and at least not doing that. Tell me I am wrong. Support is dying, but it wont fix itself unless everyone who calls themselves a supporter looks in the mirror and says "what can I do?".

So a guy crashes a party and complains that the beer isn't cold enough... it may be true that the beer is warm... but that still doesn't change the situation...

I could bother to respond, but to be 100% honest I put you in the same bracket as Shakes. Care to enlighten me as to what you, yourself have done to contribute to support over the last 5 years?

you're wrong.

it happens in the members area.

for the MTL game at easter, the RPB made the largest group/bulk buy. When our members want to travel, we make it happen.

I acknowledge that was an unfair statement on my behalf. Away support has suffered across the board as a whole from all supporters from all groups. For some economical reasons, maybe family commitments etc, hard to justify shelling out that kinda cash and time to get our asses handed to us and the team show us fuck all appreciation for it. There are many reasons. I get it. As far as the other points I made though I stand by them 100%. Props to usector who have their core guys at the front of 113 going every game for 5+ years without fucking fail.

Did you, or did you not get ejected from the stadium on Saturday because security caught you drinking smuggled-in beer?

Sorry, but if you're going to claim "90+, saturday included" then you need to answer the question.

Did you just call me out - in italics no less - for allegedy paying $2 for drinking the same beer that costs me $11 in stadium? And then call me less a supporter because of it?

RedRum
07-05-2012, 02:58 AM
This is one of my main issues here. Yell at me in the stands. Yell at me at the pub. Yes I do think it goes over the line when I have people coming up to me to offer support after seeing you act the way you did. A lot of people saw that as a threatening move.

But through it all, its complaints with no suggestion otherwise. The way to motivate people is not to stand in the middle of them and yell, but again that is just my suggestion about conduct, nothing more. Ending coversations with you buddies with comments like 'we know where to find you' comes across as pretty threatening.

For the record I would like to point out that Bluenose was 2 rows behind me when I was confronted in the stands, so he was there for one of the more volitile parts.

I will take RedRums observations into consideration, I may not agree with the method but there is a good message to encourage the group and its membership to remain vocal and visual supporters.

I am really trying to wrap my head around this statement. Others get banned for dissenting views or a little belligerent text (personal insults/name calling) on a message board but Phil would have us believe that I, if I am reading his post correctly - and frankly I can't help but believe I am not... Redrum physically threatened RPB President Phil on Saturday and is still allowed to post here at will. Phil. Is that the allegation you are making? Do you realize the absurdity and non-plausibility of your words? Do me favor other people and don't speak for him or respond to this reply directly. I expect - actually demand a response from him.

I would also like to publically thank Mark and Dwayne for helping me out. To whomever was at the table that had to leave because of the yelling and intimidation going on, I am sorry you had to see that.

So I was in your bar with one friend, all your what... 40+ buddies there on the patio and inside as well, yet my alleged threatening you is your argument? If it wasn't a serious accusation I could laugh about it. Either way, apply any rational thought to the scenario and anyone can realize just how absurd it is. Look forward to your reply - and maybe even an apology for the smear. Won't hold my breath though LOL.

i agree, i think we are our own worst critics, but ive been to games where we all went a solid 90+ only to hear "wow, you guys sounded like you were hardly there from when i watched it on tv!" from friends. as for the constant negative vibe, welp, nothing 6 winning seasons wouldn't help cure!

oh, and in other news, we're currently 2 points behind philly for last place in the MLS. file:///C:\Users\STEPHA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image001.gif

I DEMAND A WHOLE EVERYTHING!!

there we go again with that whole "the RPB's owe everyone at BMO a good show!" song and dance. never get tired of hearing how we're responsible for all supporters. in other news, im staying out of this. i wasn't at the game on saturday (i was showing my girlfriends cousin around town while she worked), so i've got nothing to contribute about what happened.

what i am going to chip in on is that you've been bodogging the RPBs for quite a bit now, unless you'd like to contribute anything useful to the discussion i'd suggest you take up your discussion with phil in private. the exec and the banner team work too hard for you to be shitting on them, especially when you're going to compare all of us to your own personal standard which from what im reading looks like starting an argument during a match and being ejected from the grounds for bringing in a smuggled beer.

so again, this is not the place to air your personal gripe with the president and the current state of the RPBs. we have channels that we go through for that, and we go through those channels civilly.

you started getting into it here, and im asking you politely to either stop it, start being civil, or talk to the exec.

i see what you did there.

A passionate and good supporter that was just banned would articulate to you the straw man argument you just put forth. You call me out, then claim to stay out of it. I put you in the same category as Shakes and Oldtimer. May I ask you moderator Wowza, member for a year or so... what have you done to contribute to support for the last 5+ years?

You could simply answer the question. From what I could see from 116, there was no sign of them in 127. Did they move? Are they boycotting again? Were they all arrested in Montreal or something? I don't see any reason why those of us who aren't in the loop, couldn't simply get the 411.

I was surprised how many were sitting in 115 and 116 ... I shuffled over a bit to where others were standing, so I wasn't standing in front of those sitting behind me; I've never thought like that before in a supporters section, unless there was a child or something behind me.

You are on multiple boards regularly. You know the score. You are stirring the pot and we both know it. Arrested in Montreal LOL, good one. Not going to take the bait and answer what is not my business to answer. You know where 127's boards are.

Wooooow

Fuck I don't have time to read through all of this. RedRum, I don't even know what to say... Maybe we can chat in person. There has been much frustration over the years, and those who don't like the group, leave the group or go elsewhere. Simple as that. Life events also affect us all but Friends will always be friends. Nonetheless, The Red Patch Boys will always be here. Whether it's 200 members or a handful of ppl I will make sure of that. My brother was buried with his RPB scarf and may God be my witness my family and I will represent The Red Patch Boys until I die.

-FluSH

Appreciate your words and sentiment. From day 1 you have always had my respect. Don't need to say it, you know it.

Shakes McQueen
07-05-2012, 03:47 AM
Perhaps Shakes himself can chime in and enlighten us as to what he has done to contribute to support. Chanting in 112? Showing up to banner sessions? Supporting away? Keep in mind he was the the one who made the obtuse on the internet remark. I look forward to his response.

I could, except getting into a pissing match with you about what you consider "supporting" is exactly what you want. I'm also not quite sure why you're still hung up on my line about you being "obtuse", or what that has to do with this. You aren't interested in right or wrong, or apparently conducting yourself with any semblance of class. You're interested in a supporter dick measuring competition, and only that. As you said yourself - you've never met me. You can think what you like about me, and make your best guesses as to what I do every weekend. I expect no less.

Did you just call me out - in italics no less - for allegedy paying $2 for drinking the same beer that costs me $11 in stadium? And then call me less a supporter because of it?

No. He called you out for lying through your teeth about going "90+ every weekend, saturday included", when he knows full well you got kicked out of the game. Perhaps you were singing in the parking lot.

I also suggest looking up what a "strawman argument" is, evidently for the first time.

Others get banned for dissenting views or a little belligerent text (personal insults/name calling) on a message board...

No. No one gets banned for "dissenting views", and if you (as well as others) didn't have such an acute persecution complex, you'd realize that. People do get banned for repeated or serious breaches of conduct, in contravention of the rules they agreed to follow when they signed up here. Or as you spun it - "a little belligerent text". And when we take such actions, we gladly explain why - to the membership. The people we work on behalf of. You're a guest here, and you don't demand anything of us. Why you think your suspicion that you're a "better" supporter than me (or wowza, or Oldtimer, or ______) entitles you or anyone else to abuse those rules, is precisely part of the problem.

As for the incidents at the stadium, and at Shoeless Joes, I will let the people who were there speak for themselves (and speak they have). I will however, point out that your (current) unbanned status demonstrates nothing.

This will be my only post on this pathetic drama.

- Scott

RedRum
07-05-2012, 04:12 AM
I could, except getting into a pissing match with you about what you consider "supporting" is exactly what you want. I'm also not quite sure why you're still hung up on my line about you being "obtuse", or what that has to do with this. You aren't interested in right or wrong, or apparently conducting yourself with any semblance of class. You're interested in a supporter dick measuring competition, and only that. As you said yourself - you've never met me. You can think what you like about me, and make your best guesses as to what I do every weekend. I expect no less.

No. He called you out for lying through your teeth about going "90+ every weekend, saturday included", when he knows full well you got kicked out of the game. Perhaps you were singing in the parking lot.

I also suggest looking up what a "strawman argument" is, evidently for the first time.

No. No one gets banned for "dissenting views", and if you (as well as others) didn't have such an acute persecution complex, you'd realize that. People do get banned for repeated or serious breaches of conduct, in contravention of the rules they agreed to follow when they signed up here. Or as you spun it - "a little belligerent text". And when we take such actions, we gladly explain why - to the membership. The people we work on behalf of. You're a guest here, and you don't demand anything of us. Why you think your suspicion that you're a "better" supporter than me (or wowza, or Oldtimer, or ______) entitles you or anyone else to abuse those rules, is precisely part of the problem.

As for the incidents at the stadium, and at Shoeless Joes, I will let the people who were there speak for themselves (and speak they have). I will however, point out that your (current) unbanned status demonstrates nothing.

This will be my only post on this pathetic drama.

- Scott

Thanks for the clarifications Scott.

Phil
07-05-2012, 07:36 AM
I am really trying to wrap my head around this statement. Others get banned for dissenting views or a little belligerent text (personal insults/name calling) on a message board but Phil would have us believe that I, if I am reading his post correctly - and frankly I can't help but believe I am not... Redrum physically threatened RPB President Phil on Saturday and is still allowed to post here at will. Phil. Is that the allegation you are making? Do you realize the absurdity and non-plausibility of your words? Do me favor other people and don't speak for him or respond to this reply directly. I expect - actually demand a response from him.

So I was in your bar with one friend, all your what... 40+ buddies there on the patio and inside as well, yet my alleged threatening you is your argument? If it wasn't a serious accusation I could laugh about it. Either way, apply any rational thought to the scenario and anyone can realize just how absurd it is. Look forward to your reply - and maybe even an apology for the smear. Won't hold my breath though LOL.

Its hard when dealing with quotes and the mash of what was that night, I am sorry for not being more clear. It wasn't you, it was one of your friends that entered into the discussion. There is no smear against you in that regard, so I am sorry for the miscommunication there.

It was uttered and overheard by me, I will deal with that issue on my own.

My only issues are with the approach redrum, and we can agree to disagree. If you find it so painfull to be in 112, then either do something positive about it or don't go in there. Becoming and antagonist and using confrontational means is probably not the best way to achieve the results you want, especailly in the stands.

Its clear that you would run the club differently, you would demand bars of effort and force participation. This is where philosophies differ, and I know mine is in direct opposition to yours and the incredibly poor results from the team certaninly do diminsh the efforts in the stands and somewhat undermine me no matter how this is spun but here it is:

I think supporting should be fun.

If it is, then people will WANT to participate instead of being forced or intimidated into participation. When we all reminisce about the 'old' days, there was no one yelling at us to sing, no one demanding we pack into a car for 12 to watch the team, no one saying that you need to jump and go batshit crazy. We all do it because it was fun. Plain and simple.

I don't see much fun in yelling, demanding and guilting people into participation. Intimidating behaviour like that breeds angst, hostility, resentment and it will only consume people and take all joy out.

Someone pointed out that turning on each other in this manner is harmful and I agree. Its time to find the common ground in supporting and stop dwelling in the differences.

Parkdale
07-05-2012, 08:01 AM

hahahaha..... While we can both agree that the beer costs are a huge ripoff....

Scott already pointed out that that your statement of '90+' minutes doesn't hold up, so I'm going to leave that one alone. (but way to dodge the question)

I stand by my statement - a supporter shouldn't get kicked out of the stadium - they can contribute very little from the parking lot.

Oldtimer
07-05-2012, 08:03 AM
RedRum should start his own group. Put on awesome TIFOs. Show the world how support should be done. Win over members to his group, when they see how great things can be.

__wowza
07-05-2012, 08:17 AM
A passionate and good supporter that was just banned would articulate to you the straw man argument you just put forth. You call me out, then claim to stay out of it. I put you in the same category as Shakes and Oldtimer. May I ask you moderator Wowza, member for a year or so... what have you done to contribute to support for the last 5+ years?

you do know that the textbook example of a straw man argument is misconstruing what a straw man argument is, right?
don't try and go chris on me, you're bad at it, and it makes chris look dumb because he at least knew the definition of the words he's using.

what i did, and what i will continue to do is call out your behaviour. i've asked you to be civil, and you seem to have a problem doing that. i've asked you to stop shitting on everyone about everything, on our board and you haven't. instead of offering constructive criticism, you're attacking us by holding us to a personal standard which i noted got you booted from the last game. i wouldn't be incorrect in the assumption that you got into an argument with phil and got ejected from the stadium, would i? im staying out of the argument about what happened during the game, because i wasn't there. this, well, i'm here for this, so im only allowed to hang you with as much rope as you're giving me, which you've been very generous with as of late.

look, i don't know you, i dont think ive met you, so i don't know if you're attacking me as a person or the moderator position i hold, but in case you hadn't noticed, we were all having a conversation until you up and came in guns-a-blazin'. i was going to take the high road here with you and not get into what defines a supporter or what makes someone an RPB (note: it's not just membership), but for the sake of my own personal pride.. you wanna shoot cowboy? fine, let's shoot..

i bought my membership when i could afford it (3 season ago, not 1 as you've pointed out) because i'm a student, and a rather poor one at that. my family didn't support me through university and they made too much to allow me to be eligible for OSAP, so for the first 3 years of this club, i wasn't able to pick up seasons seats, or membership. instead, what i did was attend the free events related to the club (IE: events put on by this group), while picking up whatever tickets i could afford at the time. i didn't know anyone here, and none of my friends seemed interested, so i showed up to a lot of these events by myself, including each of the dichio banner sessions, the AGM and the first town hall. you may've seen me, i was the only person there who had his hand up the entire time attempting to try and maintain some semblance of order in a room full of pissed off supporters. i was the last question, because when they wanted to pack up, people like parkdale shouted them down until i had my turn to speak, and i used that time to direct comments specifically to tom anselmi trying to curb the exploitation of groups like this. in the meantime, using my own money (about $120, which as a student put me out a textbook which i had to continuously checked out of the UofT library for 4 straight months), i purchased streamers during our first CCL game to contribute to the streamer shower. i wasn't sitting in the supporters section, so i organized it where i was sitting, the 200's, which spanned the first 3 rows solely by myself (with help distributing them from pookie). in the meantime, i attended all but one banner session for the galaxy game (which i, FYR and Furtado, designed), designed the banner for the santos game, created and printed THOUSANDS of chant books to distribute to a dozen or so games i attended in the first few seasons, joined the banner team, was part of the design team, taken the capo stand when i've seen it empty for the start of two matches this season (without the use of a megaphone or drum during the revs game) and im now a mod who spends his own free time DEALING WITH SHIT LIKE THIS.

long story short: i may not have done as much as you, but i've done a lot. what's more, im committed and never, not once, will i EVER lord anything i've done over ANYONE. as long as you're committed to this club, we're equals. i'm spending my time, and what little influence i have looking for solutions, instead of creating more problems.

now, i suggest you do the same, adhere to my previous request, or if things have gotten so bad for you, start your own group up with the dozens of like minded individuals you say you have out there and leave the board which we've extended to you as a courtesy. i'm sure it'd be great, you obviously have the passion.

__wowza
07-05-2012, 08:28 AM
aside from my previous post, can i ask something?

redrum, what do you want?

you've hijacked a thread, turned it into a volatile place and started spewing shit at a bunch of volunteers who're trying to maintain an inclusive supporter culture. what did you hope to accomplish with this? what did you hope to accomplish in the long run with a group you no longer associate with? are you trying to get banned so you can wear it as a badge of honour to impress your friends?

TOBOR !
07-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Red Rum :

Solutions...now you are speaking my language. How about requiring members to do something aside from paying a membership fee? Contributing vocally in the stands. Attending banner painting sessions. Contributing to banner sessions financially. Attending away matches. Not saying everyone can do all those by any means nor would I expect them to, but do what you can. Especially the first point, there is no no excuse for standing in 112 and at least not doing that. Tell me I am wrong. Support is dying, but it wont fix itself unless everyone who calls themselves a supporter looks in the mirror and says "what can I do?".

I may stand to be corrected, but I think a portion of the membership fee goes towards banner / TIFO materials. So RPB members are contributing in that manner.

If you're suggesting that Registered Users put forth financial assistance, then I agree... I think the easiest way to accomplish this is by becoming a paid RPB member.

ryan
07-05-2012, 08:50 AM
aside from my previous post, can i ask something?

redrum, what do you want?

you've hijacked a thread, turned it into a volatile place and started spewing shit at a bunch of volunteers who're trying to maintain an inclusive supporter culture. what did you hope to accomplish with this? what did you hope to accomplish in the long run with a group you no longer associate with? are you trying to get banned so you can wear it as a badge of honour to impress your friends?

From an outsider just following the discussion (although I'm sure he can answer for himself)...

I get the impression he wants more to be expected out of this group's members. I don't get the idea that he's trying to have a "dick measuring competition in regards to supporting", more so to say if you're a supporter you should be doing more than what some/many are currently doing. For RPB to have every member a contributor outside of paying the fee and attending matches as I get the impression there's a chunk of RPB membership who are simply that? I don't know. As if to say "if this group has 250 members, why aren't there 250 unified voices in 112 every match?" "Why aren't there 250 sets of hands building Tifo's?" etc. Clearly doesn't seem to be what this group is expecting as per what I read from Phil and that makes him pretty upset. Seems like RPB now is (perhaps always was? I don't know really, just thinking aloud) just a group for all, you pay your fee and great! You're a member/supporter and that's all you need to do.

I can only see 2 reasons for the ranting and raving, one being he's just here to troll and piss in everyone's cornflakes...and one being because he's wishing RPB would be something more/something else, more towards "hardcore unified support" than "fun for everyone" perhaps? I would assume it's the latter of those two as he seems quite passionate about his message.

That's just how I see it as a total outsider. (but don't mind me, I have a fetish for interjecting myself into e-arguments that have nothing to do with me :D)

__wowza
07-05-2012, 09:26 AM
I get the impression he wants more to be expected out of this group's members. I don't get the idea that he's trying to have a "dick measuring competition in regards to supporting", more so to say if you're a supporter you should be doing more than what some/many are currently doing.

i got the impression that he wanted to have a dick measuring competition when he questioned the length of my membership and asked me what i've contributed to the group. i took that as personal, and in context it came across as him asking me what gave me the right to talk to him about support.

For RPB to have every member a contributor outside of paying the fee and attending matches as I get the impression there's a chunk of RPB membership who are simply that? I don't know. As if to say "if this group has 250 members, why aren't there 250 unified voices in 112 every match?" "Why aren't there 250 sets of hands building Tifo's?" etc. Clearly doesn't seem to be what this group is expecting as per what I read from Phil and that makes him pretty upset. Seems like RPB now is (perhaps always was? I don't know really, just thinking aloud) just a group for all, you pay your fee and great! You're a member/supporter and that's all you need to do.

i can't speak for phil, or the membership team here, but people do what they can. like i said, i couldn't afford tickets, so i didn't go to matches. to me, that was alright because i helped, to some it would mean that wasn't a supporter because i wasn't in the stands. that's what makes this group different, they try and be inclusive by not trying to pin down anyone with "this is what a supporter is/does". we all have our own definition of support, but there's no high-bar, golden standard. from the supporters i've met around the league, this is a prevalent style of other SGs as well. i can't speak for phil, but if he seems upset by the lack of supporters living up to his expectations, i think it's common. you want people to work as hard as you do, you want them to care as much as you do, (i know i would) but what many of us aren't prepared to do is chastise others for failing to meet our standard. i've never once heard phil, or jack, or boris, say anything like "you people should be ashamed of yourselves, calling yourself a supporter! BAHH!"

the problem with the last part of your post is that when you have a standard, you have people that don't meet that standard. have seasons seats but no membership? you're not a RPB. contribute as much as you can but aren't a SSH? you're not a RPB. live outside of the city but still want to support the team? you're not a RPB. some people purchase memberships as a financial donation to the group knowing full well that they can't help out in person. to each their own. but to say that these people are or aren't part of the group doesn't sit well with me.

I can only see 2 reasons for the ranting and raving, one being he's just here to troll and piss in everyone's cornflakes...and one being because he's wishing RPB would be something more/something else, more towards "hardcore unified support" than "fun for everyone" perhaps? I would assume it's the latter of those two as he seems quite passionate about his message.

see, i think you hit the nail on the head here. at the end of the day, they both want the same thing, but i feel that redrum, along with a few others, are going about it the wrong way. you can't encourage a positive response by complaining that everyone is an abject failure. there's nothing saying you can't use that passion to harbor a communal effort instead of a fight.

Phil
07-05-2012, 10:18 AM
From an outsider just following the discussion (although I'm sure he can answer for himself)...

I get the impression he wants more to be expected out of this group's members. I don't get the idea that he's trying to have a "dick measuring competition in regards to supporting", more so to say if you're a supporter you should be doing more than what some/many are currently doing. For RPB to have every member a contributor outside of paying the fee and attending matches as I get the impression there's a chunk of RPB membership who are simply that? I don't know. As if to say "if this group has 250 members, why aren't there 250 unified voices in 112 every match?" "Why aren't there 250 sets of hands building Tifo's?" etc. Clearly doesn't seem to be what this group is expecting as per what I read from Phil and that makes him pretty upset. Seems like RPB now is (perhaps always was? I don't know really, just thinking aloud) just a group for all, you pay your fee and great! You're a member/supporter and that's all you need to do.

That's just how I see it as a total outsider. (but don't mind me, I have a fetish for interjecting myself into e-arguments that have nothing to do with me :D)

Well, its takes a well oiled machine to make everything work for everyone, and we are constantly facing challenges as a volunteer organization. Some of the people that may get called out for not 'measuring up' in the stands are the ones putting in countless hours making the web site work, or upgrading and maintaining software. Or shouldering efforts to do other things that make the club function. That is the nature of the goup, its not 30 people all working at 1 thing, its 250 people making contributions with their money and or efforts along with being in the stands whenever possible. We are open, and welcome people to join and contribute however they can.

We had issues in the past with the banner team not providing information about events or projects to the membership. The membership money gets spent on banners - paint and materials, drums - repair and acquisition, storage and online fees.

The great thing is we recently had a member step forward on donate a fully working benq projector, so now banners become a little bit easier. By the standards being suggested, if he doens't sing or met the bar in the stands then maybe they should not be allowed to support?

Nevermind the continual issue of having 250 or 500 members in the group and not having control over our own section. As noted earlier (it got glossed over very well) CCL nights are amazing in the stands, mostly because the members and like minded supportes get acess to those tickets. Regular MLS games, other people hold those seats and take them. They are not our seats to assign, but again the like minded people share and accomodate.

So as we can all see, its not a straight forward solution that gets resolution by clicking fingers and saying - do this, not that. I have been upfront with the group in regards to the challenges and our plan to accomodate everyone we can, the commitment is to be an open group and put the focus on participation, engagement and transparency. I feel give the dire status of the team and its results, we are currently not fairing too badly but as pointed out it could be better too.

C_R
07-05-2012, 10:34 AM
I like the mentality of this thread.

ryan
07-05-2012, 10:35 AM
i got the impression that he wanted to have a dick measuring competition when he questioned the length of my membership and asked me what i've contributed to the group. i took that as personal, and in context it came across as him asking me what gave me the right to talk to him about support.

I can see why you'd get that but looking at the whole argument so far I think that's more of his frustration showing than the point he's trying to make, again just what I see.

i can't speak for phil, or the membership team here, but people do what they can. like i said, i couldn't afford tickets, so i didn't go to matches. to me, that was alright because i helped, to some it would mean that wasn't a supporter because i wasn't in the stands. that's what makes this group different, they try and be inclusive by not trying to pin down anyone with "this is what a supporter is/does". we all have our own definition of support, but there's no high-bar, golden standard. from the supporters i've met around the league, this is a prevalent style of other SGs as well. i can't speak for phil, but if he seems upset by the lack of supporters living up to his expectations, i think it's common. you want people to work as hard as you do, you want them to care as much as you do, (i know i would) but what many of us aren't prepared to do is chastise others for failing to meet our standard. i've never once heard phil, or jack, or boris, say anything like "you people should be ashamed of yourselves, calling yourself a supporter! BAHH!"

the problem with the last part of your post is that when you have a standard, you have people that don't meet that standard. have seasons seats but no membership? you're not a RPB. contribute as much as you can but aren't a SSH? you're not a RPB. live outside of the city but still want to support the team? you're not a RPB. some people purchase memberships as a financial donation to the group knowing full well that they can't help out in person. to each their own. but to say that these people are or aren't part of the group doesn't sit well with me.

I think the root of what it all boils down to isn't so much being forced to "do X, Y and Z" no matter what, but to actually "do X, Y and Z" when your in the position to do so. There's a lot of fire in his comments about members being at games, yet being idle. That's one point I find myself agreeing with entirely and find it frustrating to know of or see for myself. I personally would love to get regular seating down in the group, but it's not available to me some games because there's nowhere I can fit and good luck getting SSH there. When CCL rolls around I can do so, when CMNT play I'm there as well. I sing my heart out and do it for the players, the very basic purpose of support no? This is just my opinion, being a "supporter" can be defined however people want to define it, but I think at a very basic level you're at least making noise for the team when being within the group.

There has to be some base definition of "support" no? Going to the match and sipping beers while checking your phone for 90 minutes can't possibly count? In my view, if you're within the assigned SG section, you're either helping or hurting. Chanting/singing or being silent. I see it as if you're not joining in, then you're detrimental to those who are and what they are trying to accomplish (which I assume is a loud unified song from the south end, no?) Hard for people in Row 12 to participate if the next 4 rows in front of them aren't doing it.

Like lets just get away from the word "supporter" for a second. Is there simply not a difference between those who sit and watch/sip beer/tweet photos of the cute DJ at the socco match vs those who jump/dance/chant/sing? Isn't those who are within 112 supposed to act the latter? I dunno.

Then again I imagine it's a tough situation when bloody MLSE doesn't give you control over who is in 112. I've snuck down a bunch of times over the years, but my luck usually ends up finding a group of drunk douchy tourists return 15 mins late from half wearing v-necks and aviators (in the pitch black) asking me to gtfo out of their assigned seats. Then looking at me like I'm insane as I just mash into another spot where I'm welcome and keep singing with whoever is making noise. (not that I have anything against v-necks or aviators, just not quite the right attire for a TFC night match :D)

Perhaps at the Town Hall the not as great atmosphere topic can be used (since MLSE uses it to advertise the club) to help get control over seating in 112? Not likely I'm sure...but a talking point perhaps.

see, i think you hit the nail on the head here. at the end of the day, they both want the same thing, but i feel that redrum, along with a few others, are going about it the wrong way. you can't encourage a positive response by complaining that everyone is an abject failure. there's nothing saying you can't use that passion to harbor a communal effort instead of a fight.

I don't know of the whole situation to really comment on the methods of delivery of their concerns.

ryan
07-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Well, its takes a well oiled machine to make everything work for everyone, and we are constantly facing challenges as a volunteer organization. Some of the people that may get called out for not 'measuring up' in the stands are the ones putting in countless hours making the web site work, or upgrading and maintaining software. Or shouldering efforts to do other things that make the club function. That is the nature of the goup, its not 30 people all working at 1 thing, its 250 people making contributions with their money and or efforts along with being in the stands whenever possible. We are open, and welcome people to join and contribute however they can.

We had issues in the past with the banner team not providing information about events or projects to the membership. The membership money gets spent on banners - paint and materials, drums - repair and acquisition, storage and online fees.

The great thing is we recently had a member step forward on donate a fully working benq projector, so now banners become a little bit easier. By the standards being suggested, if he doens't sing or met the bar in the stands then maybe they should not be allowed to support?

Nevermind the continual issue of having 250 or 500 members in the group and not having control over our own section. As noted earlier (it got glossed over very well) CCL nights are amazing in the stands, mostly because the members and like minded supportes get acess to those tickets. Regular MLS games, other people hold those seats and take them. They are not our seats to assign, but again the like minded people share and accomodate.

So as we can all see, its not a straight forward solution that gets resolution by clicking fingers and saying - do this, not that. I have been upfront with the group in regards to the challenges and our plan to accomodate everyone we can, the commitment is to be an open group and put the focus on participation, engagement and transparency. I feel give the dire status of the team and its results, we are currently not fairing too badly but as pointed out it could be better too.

Phil do you think there is any possibility that MLSE would re-instate the "SSH transfer" to supporter group sections? I know that used to exist right?

With the amount of regularly open seats seen in the west side of the south stand, I don't see the need for MLSE to have to re-distribute those to the only demand they have left on their waiting lists (which is for south end seating). They should have plenty to give away over there from the amount I see every week sitting up in the 200's. Or people like to just set tickets on fire, not truly sure.

Phil
07-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Phil do you think there is any possibility that MLSE would re-instate the "SSH transfer" to supporter group sections? I know that used to exist right?

With the amount of regularly open seats seen in the west side of the south stand, I don't see the need for MLSE to have to re-distribute those to the only demand they have left on their waiting lists (which is for south end seating). They should have plenty to give away over there from the amount I see every week sitting up in the 200's. Or people like to just set tickets on fire, not truly sure.

Its something that I will approach. I do this every year with limited sucess. Maybe this year will be different. Cross your fingers, I know mine are.

nfitz
07-05-2012, 11:21 AM
You are on multiple boards regularly. You know the score. You are stirring the pot and we both know it.I am on multiple boards ... but I really don't have any idea what the deal with NEE is. I have not seen it discussed anywhere ... nor have I heard it mentioned at any event, other than someone making a similar comment to me ... that they look absent from 127. I confess to having stirred the pot once or twice in years past with NEE ... but I'm being completely up front here. I'm 100% out-of-the-loop here. If there's a discussion here or elsewhere on it, kindly point me to it, as I must have missed it.

james
07-05-2012, 12:29 PM

its easy, Toronto FC games atmosphere few years back use to be a lot louder...there for we want that back. And if we can ever get that atmosphere back the next step is to improve that more to get the great atmosphere Seattle or Portland have. If we just settle for the atmosphere we have now we will never improve and get to where we want to be!!!

james
07-05-2012, 12:56 PM
I just went to my first TFC game of this year as i was living else where up untill a week. The atmosphere to me was not that good, nothing to brag about anyways. Lower 112 on a few ocassions did not join in when people from upper 112/113 started trying to get songs going. Maybe lower 112 did not here them, but on a few occassions it was quiet in the stands and i don't know how they couldn't of herd. They seemed to ignore and wait for it to die out as they needed more people to join in to really last, or they would start there own song over the other fans. Needs improvements. Anyways thats what i saw, not sure about other people. That all said, i still drank my beer sang and had fun!

Phil
07-05-2012, 01:09 PM
I just went to my first TFC game of this year as i was living else where up untill a week. The atmosphere to me was not that good, nothing to brag about anyways. Lower 112 on a few ocassions did not join in when people from upper 112/113 started trying to get songs going. Maybe lower 112 did not here them, but on a few occassions it was quiet in the stands and i don't know how they couldn't of herd. They seemed to ignore and wait for it to die out as they needed more people to join in to really last, or they would start there own song over the other fans. Needs improvements. Anyways thats what i saw, not sure about other people. That all said, i still drank my beer sang and had fun!

Welcome back!

Just some quick observations would be wether there was a capo or not, that can make a big difference. Its a role we need help with as not everyone is cut out for that job, it takes a unique skill set. If it was the game I am thinking it was, it was hot, we had drum issues (the drum sticks were confiscated and we had to get them out of check) so things suffer big time as a result.

Anyhow, we all know there is a ton to do to improve support in 112, it seems the team is getting better consistancy and that should help a lot IMO.

Ageroo
07-06-2012, 07:47 AM
As this thread has been semi-hijacked and gone off its main course the original intent of the opening post has been lost to an extent.....the moderation team has decided to close this thread for the time being.