PDA

View Full Version : Plata Gone?

Flipityflu
06-30-2012, 09:02 PM
John Molinaro is tweeting about it. locker empty, Plata saying goodbye.

Huyton
06-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Yep...see TFC in-season player movement for more details.

ArmenJBX
06-30-2012, 09:25 PM
He's gone.

scooter
06-30-2012, 10:29 PM
will be a sad day for tfc
but if they are opening up cap space for a centre back thats football

tfc2008
07-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Why do we have to find this out along twitter why cant Tfc give us the information

Greatest Ripoff
07-01-2012, 08:22 AM
will be a sad day for tfc
but if they are opening up cap space for a centre back thats football

I don't think the 50K that Plata was making will be enough.

Flipityflu
07-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Why do we have to find this out along twitter why cant Tfc give us the information

because the club has denied the deal is done, and are telling Plata to report for training on Tuesday or disciplinary action will be taken.

denime
07-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Joao Plata Tweets he is leaving Toronto FC (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/joao-plata-tweets-he-is-leaving-toronto-fc/article4383233/)

Toronto FC fielding offers for Joao Plata (http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/article/1219994--toronto-fc-fielding-offers-for-joao-plata)

bertal
07-01-2012, 11:32 AM
he didn't look too happy when leaving bmo yesterday.

greatwhitenorf
07-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Not disappointed he's going. Basically, he's a short-wheelbase, 1.2 litre turbo, performance vehicle. As exciting as these vehicles are when first deployed, they have a very short shelf life. With injuries - ooh, he brushed a curb - we've already begun to experience the high-maintainence factor. Now we're seeing how difficult they can be to steer.

It's Herb Tarlick time. Adios, Mosquitinho.

Laurignano
07-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Didn't we pay a transfer fee to sign him in Toronto? If I'm not mistaken that counts against our cap space too.

Yohan
07-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Didn't we pay a transfer fee to sign him in Toronto? If I'm not mistaken that counts against our cap space too.not if transfer fee was paid using allocation money

Auzzy
07-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Plata tweeted this about one hour ago:

Joao Plata ‏@JoaoPlata10
Ready to leave tomorrow for Ecuador, thank u 4 everything to all the TFC fans, I hope to comeback one day

Also, Larson tweeted the following about 2 hours ago:

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN
The obvious ... Plata wasn't at training this morning and hasn't travelled with the team. #TFC

So... will TFC announce something? Will they discipline Plata? Anyone else think this kind of crap happens more often with TFC than with other MLS clubs?

Stouffville_RPB
07-03-2012, 10:14 PM
I was never a fan of Plata.

That said this is another face palm from TFC FO. Like him or not he was one of our most dangerous players last season. He played well enough for FO to put a lot of off season effort into negotiations. Whether they spent real money that effects the cap or used allocation money to pay the transfer fee is irrelevant. After the time and money spent to acquire him, releasing/loaning him out 3 months later is a farce.

Outside of hoping Frings and Koevermans can stay healthy and productive there is NO plan for the team from FO.

19Barrett19
07-03-2012, 10:27 PM
I know is just a wiki but it already has been changed check it out
Plata on loan to LDU Quinto
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joao_Plata

ensco
07-03-2012, 10:40 PM
I was never a fan of Plata.

Like him or not he was one of our most dangerous players last season.

So .... are you one the those guys who likes to air condition your sauna?

Stouffville_RPB
07-03-2012, 10:48 PM
So .... are you one the those guys who likes to air condition your sauna?

I thought Plata was overrated. I think he's a one dimensional player in attack and he doesn't have the strength or size to win 50/50 balls or fight off defenders.

Even I can't deny though that dispite what I think he seemed to come up big for us in the NCC and CCL.

Also whether I like him or not is irrelevant as FO thought enough of him to use the necessary resources to sign him. To discard him only a few months later is laughable.

joeyjones
07-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Also whether I like him or not is irrelevant as FO thought enough of him to use the necessary resources to sign him. To discard him only a few months later is laughable.

unless the deal they made with Quito is that if he is loaned back to them, they have to pay a % of the transfer fee back to TFC...

Stouffville_RPB
07-03-2012, 11:04 PM
unless the deal they made with Quito is that if he is loaned back to them, they have to pay a % of the transfer fee back to TFC...

Would any money they get back go back towards allocation or be remove from the cap or would it simply go back into MLSE's pockets?

I would think/hope it would go to allocation.

PopePouri
07-04-2012, 06:58 AM

They're discarding him? Where's that evidence?

Oldtimer
07-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Yep...see TFC in-season player movement for more details.

That's the place to go for everything but DP movements. Check there and you won't be surprised.

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?31110-TFC-in-season-player-movement-thread/page31