PDA

View Full Version : BMO Field Fan Services

redangeldragnet
06-27-2012, 11:46 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2u5tlpz.jpg

razor787
06-27-2012, 12:43 PM
So funny, abusing a service intended to help security and actual concerns. Well done.

:facepalm:

redangeldragnet
06-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Oh come on. Put away your uptight righteousness, I didn't crank call 911. It's a worthy question and I thought it was worth a laugh to see what their response would be. No harm done. I'm sorry you didn't find it funny, but save your facepalm for MLSE.

Derko
06-27-2012, 01:27 PM
I actually got a giggle out of it.

__wowza
06-27-2012, 01:32 PM
So funny, abusing a service intended to help security and actual concerns. Well done.

i agree, but goddamn if i still didn't find it funny.
it would've been funnier if it automatically patched you through to a ticket agent trying to sell you ransom packs!!

Derko
06-27-2012, 01:33 PM
^ Now that would be funny

__wowza
06-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Oh come on. Put away your uptight righteousness, I didn't crank call 911. It's a worthy question and I thought it was worth a laugh to see what their response would be. No harm done. I'm sorry you didn't find it funny, but save your facepalm for MLSE.

reeeelax buddy, he didn't find it funny, no harm in that.
no need to insinuate he's uptight.

Brookingisking
06-27-2012, 01:35 PM

Razor...really? MLSE is a joke and if they want honest questions asked i do not see an issue with us asking them. The best part is their reply! " we don't know" sounds a little like the past 5+ years. Have a look in the mirror.

Abou Sky
06-27-2012, 01:40 PM
If you had an entire stadium of people doing it that is a different thing because someone could get hurt, one off it is funny as hell.

kodiakTFC
06-27-2012, 01:49 PM
One time my friends were debating whether or not the yellow and red cards have designated pockets. I was sure it did. As a joke we texted this service and we got the actual answer. For the record, red in the back shorts pocket and yellow in the chest pocket.

TFC Tifoso
06-27-2012, 02:01 PM
I lol'd........

TOBOR !
06-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Incredibly, the response appears to have come directly from the man himself !

Code Red
06-27-2012, 03:51 PM
One time my friends were debating whether or not the yellow and red cards have designated pockets. I was sure it did. As a joke we texted this service and we got the actual answer. For the record, red in the back shorts pocket and yellow in the chest pocket.

I wonder if a ref has ever made the mistake of taking out the wrong card. i.e. he wanted to issue a yellow but reached into the wrong pocket and issued a red instead? Wonder if he would try to fix his mistake or in order to save face stick with the card? :)

Blizzard
06-27-2012, 04:06 PM
I wonder if a ref has ever made the mistake of taking out the wrong card. i.e. he wanted to issue a yellow but reached into the wrong pocket and issued a red instead? Wonder if he would try to fix his mistake or in order to save face stick with the card? :)

Well, in this case, the referee corrected himself.

http://youtu.be/2JnL9To5yR4

Eastend
06-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Atleast they laughed about it.

As for the txt, that was funny.

Dom

eustacchio
06-27-2012, 04:45 PM

Which TFC game was it when the ref waved off the yellow he'd just given the opposing team's keeper. I remember yelling 'That's two! That's two!" with FYR and then someone saying, I think he was just retracting the yellow he just gave him.

Anybody remember that? Am I crazy? (Well, I know I am, but does this prove it?)

DaBandit
06-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Which TFC game was it when the ref waved off the yellow he'd just given the opposing team's keeper. I remember yelling 'That's two! That's two!" with FYR and then someone saying, I think he was just retracting the yellow he just gave him.

Anybody remember that? Am I crazy? (Well, I know I am, but does this prove it?)

sounds familiar was it not a CL game against the PR Islanders?

colman1860
06-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Professional sports have survived for more than a century without this service. I don't think there would be much harm to the general safety/security in the stadium if we all sent this text. Think it would be pretty funny too.

Code Red
06-27-2012, 08:53 PM

lol Thanks for sharing that Blizzard. Pure comedy!

SamK
06-27-2012, 09:25 PM

Ha was about to post this. I was at this game and its still one of the weirdest things ive seen at a game. Everyone got a good laugh at least

eustacchio
06-28-2012, 08:15 AM
sounds familiar was it not a CL game against the PR Islanders?

That seems very likely.