PDA

View Full Version : Current Status of our Training Pitch

ryan
06-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Shit. Basically what the team said.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/06/26/tfc_training_field/?utm_source=Soccer Lineup RSS-Images&utm_medium=feed&utm_content=TFC deal with less than ideal training field

Begs the question...if the field is as trash as the players say, who the fuck chose to train there?

Auzzy
06-26-2012, 04:50 PM
So is it "the shit" so it's like really really good? :D

Pookie
06-26-2012, 05:09 PM
"I really hope so," said de Guzman. "It doesn't look like anybody's been working on it, to be honest."

Well, no one was working on anything training related for 6 years, what's a few more months? It's what you get when your team is born from a desire to get a share of government dollars on a stadium. Not exactly an inspiring championship vision to have to had to wait this long for a proper training set up.

denime
06-26-2012, 05:41 PM
BULLSHIT x 100

This seems to me just another fooking excuse in case we get killed tomorrow in Montreal.

They practiced last week on Downsview park grass field that does not belong to them anyway.

TFC NEW Grass field will be finished in august and ready for use,I can't find the article about the august date to finish grass field,but I'll look for it.

I might even go there it's only 5 min from me and take some pictures,unfortunately I do not believe one single word from anyone affiliated with TFC,6 years of lies is to much for me.

cougars732
06-26-2012, 09:03 PM
LOL.

Let's be honest here, what was everyone expecting would happen? Something always goes wrong with TFC and it appears that their facilities suffer the same curse.

Gotta say I would rather have seen that 20 million go towards 2 new DPs...

razor787
06-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Wow, horrible news, but shouldn't they have looked into how windy the site would be before they started construction? Hopefully it gets better, it might just need a few trees to block out the wind, but things aren't looking good.

Richard
06-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Wow, horrible news, but shouldn't they have looked into how windy the site would be before they started construction? Hopefully it gets better, it might just need a few trees to block out the wind, but things aren't looking good.

Yes i think thats what many training pitches have, a full row of trees could help.

As for the field itself i dont know what to think, if its not completed the players shouldnt be complaining. Im sure the pitch needs to be groomed or tweaked.

denime
06-27-2012, 05:46 AM

I'm not sure they are allowed to have trees right beside the airport landing strip.

They are complaining about the wind,because now they can not practice their new system.It is very difficult to Booooot the ball with strong wind,have they tried to play possession on the ground wind would not matter.

Fort York Redcoat
06-27-2012, 06:07 AM
In other news, TFC break their video promise on bringing hawtt girls to the the stands every game.

Really. What other tiny bright spot can be marred next. This facility was the one move the team made people weren't shitting on. Hurry up and get the place finished.

ryan
06-27-2012, 06:41 AM
Well they are running out of things to fuck up....the only thing left is the kits?

OH GAWD NO, WE HAVE NEW RED KITS NEXT YEAR. :O

Yohan
06-27-2012, 06:53 AM
Well they are running out of things to fuck up....the only thing left is the kits?

OH GAWD NO, WE HAVE NEW RED KITS NEXT YEAR. :Obite your tongue, sir. We might end up with those terrible seattle third kits

Red CB Toronto
06-27-2012, 08:16 AM
BULLSHIT x 100

This seems to me just another fooking excuse in case we get killed tomorrow in Montreal.

They practiced last week on Downsview park grass field that does not belong to them anyway.

TFC NEW Grass field will be finished in august and ready for use,I can't find the article about the august date to finish grass field,but I'll look for it.

I might even go there it's only 5 min from me and take some pictures,unfortunately I do not believe one single word from anyone affiliated with TFC,6 years of lies is to much for me.

What field are the CSL Academy games being played on, turf or the grass?

Also the wind can be crazy up there, the field the reserve games has been played on is complete exposed and the wind can just come in and take control of the ball. Sometimes you had no idea where the ball was going to end up.

billyfly
06-27-2012, 08:26 AM
Unrelated but - There are hardly any good fields in all of Toronto.

The City wanted to increase fees on the Soccer and Baseball Associations, and the reason they got a reprieve was b/c the Orgs threatened to take em to court over the conditions of the fields.

When my son was playing rep for Toronto High Park, not ONE FIELD we played on was mowed properly or wasn't FULL of holes, bald spots and weeds.

For Rep baseball, it's better b/c the teams take it upon themselves to be absolute nazi's when it comes to their fields.

TOBOR !
06-27-2012, 08:33 AM
forget DP's, I demand DT's !!!

(Designated Trees)

mastermixer
06-27-2012, 08:56 AM
This team is so dysfunctional at this point that even a bad practice pitch and high winds gets a story. I guess reporters got to find fresh negative topics to talk about.

Canary10
06-27-2012, 09:06 AM
I saw that pitch last night and it is crap. And the wind up there is insane. However windy it is in downtown Toronto, multiply that by 10 and you get how windy it is up there. It's like being at the top of the world. They need some sort of windbreaker or it'll be a real nightmare training there all the time.

denime
06-27-2012, 09:22 AM
I saw that pitch last night and it is crap. And the wind up there is insane. However windy it is in downtown Toronto, multiply that by 10 and you get how windy it is up there. It's like being at the top of the world. They need some sort of windbreaker or it'll be a real nightmare training there all the time.

The field that you saw is Downsview park field not TFC 1st team grass field,that one is on the east side of the complex and totally exposed,and beside the landing strip,new and still not finished 1st team grass pitch will be finished by august.

TFC 1st team is PRACTICING ON THAT FIELD ALMOST 2 MONTHS and now all of the sudden it's the problem? It is just another TFC FO fookin excuse in case we get creamed tonight.

TFC 1st team grass pitch is south from new facility and will be partially protected from North winds,south from that field is Bombardier hangar.

I live 5 min. from there and I'm there few times per week with my son kicking the ball around,the field they use now for practice is crap,but it was crap when Winter was here too and we did not hear any excuses.

Canary10
06-27-2012, 09:57 AM
The field that you saw is Downsview park field not TFC 1st team grass field,that one is on the east side of the complex and totally exposed,and beside the landing strip,new and still not finished 1st team grass pitch will be finished by august.

TFC 1st team is PRACTICING ON THAT FIELD ALMOST 2 MONTHS and now all of the sudden it's the problem? It is just another TFC FO fookin excuse in case we get creamed tonight.

TFC 1st team grass pitch is south from new facility and will be partially protected from North winds,south from that field is Bombardier hangar.

I live 5 min. from there and I'm there few times per week with my son kicking the ball around,the field they use now for practice is crap,but it was crap when Winter was here too and we did not hear any excuses.

Thanks for that clarification. Hopefully the wind problem will be solved when they move to the proper pitch in August. It really is windy there.

Code Red
06-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Fuck this shite. I'll go lay down some bricks and built them a brick shelter, that should resolve their little wind crisis. Like FYR said, this training facility is the only brightspot of the season and now comes this news. This season just keeps getting "better". :facepalm: