PDA

View Full Version : PRE/IN/POST GAME_MTL- TFC_Jun. 27_7:30PM

Pages : [1] 2

denime
06-25-2012, 09:15 PM
If we are lucky 1 point from Montreal will feel like a win.

Montreal playing in new Saputo,waiting for TFC after 4-2 win over Houston Dynamo.

TFC going to Montreal after another depressing performance,and hoping for the best while Mariner Seeks Backline Leadership (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/06/mariner-seeks-backline-leadership)

(http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/06/mariner-seeks-backline-leadership)
(http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/06/mariner-seeks-backline-leadership)

Auzzy
06-25-2012, 09:29 PM
This game, ugh... Maybe when I expect the very least, something good will happen? Not holding my breath though.

In our sixth year of looking for backline leadership.....

Auzzy
06-25-2012, 09:39 PM
LOL at Mariner using Barcelona and Spain as examples for defending starting from the top. Usually when somebody on this board uses Barcelona or the like as an example, somebody else freaks out.

Might Mariner also want to use Barcelona or Spain as an example of maintaining possession, keeping the ball, so that your defense isn't endlessly tested & run ragged?

DaBandit
06-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Well I predicted 2-1 TFC for the game against NE and that was looking good until about 60 min mark, when our genius manager removed Frings and JDG.. Anyways I just don't think we come out of this game with any points unfortunately, going to say 3-1 Mtl.. Remind me again who the expansion team is, bloody depressing..

DaBandit
06-25-2012, 09:42 PM
LOL at Mariner using Barcelona and Spain as examples for defending starting from the top. Usually when somebody on this board uses Barcelona or the like as an example, somebody else freaks out.

Might Mariner also want to use Barcelona or Spain as an example of maintaining possession, keeping the ball, so that your defense isn't endlessly tested & run ragged?
Lol, that quite the concept you have there Auzzy..

Auzzy
06-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Lol, that quite the concept you have there Auzzy..

Crazy talk, eh?

Greatest Ripoff
06-26-2012, 12:32 AM
I predict another 90 minutes for Terry Dunfield and a loss for Toronto.

DangerRed
06-26-2012, 04:28 AM

Thats funny- I just saw on Facebook that Barca is keeping 2012/13 season ticket prices unchanged. Guess TFC won't be imitating them on that one..

Fort York Redcoat
06-26-2012, 05:54 AM
Hard fought draw at 2-2. Away at a true rival that would usually sate me but not in these times.

Oldtimer
06-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Crazy talk, eh?

For sure.

ryan
06-26-2012, 07:54 AM

Bet you 5 bucks you're right.

__wowza
06-26-2012, 08:18 AM

^ this, rinse, repeat.

Red CB Toronto
06-26-2012, 08:19 AM
I am so pumped up for tomorrow's night's match. Making my way to Montreal early Wednesday morning and it will be epic to watch the Reds march into the new Saputo for the first time.

I really hope Mariner leaves the best lineup out there to get the win. Danny K has been playing very well of late so hopefully he can continue on this path and the Reds will come home with the win.

jloome
06-26-2012, 10:26 AM
I like how they're playing under Mariner. The shape is better suited to staying compact back and front.

The defence has an average age of 21. I'm surprised we're not giving up more. I think they're skilled, but lack composure, as evidenced by the creeping move backwards as the game stretches.

Mariner is a field-level coach. If he can get them to keep a higher line towards the end, we'll win some games.

Problematically, Montreal's central midfielder Felipe cuts good defenses apart. They're gonna make the playoffs with that lineup, I suspect --- assuming it stays healthy, which is a big if.

But who knows in this league. Power poll has us above Dallas this week, where a team with Brek Shea and George John can't buy a win.

I'm gonna go with 2-2.

Canary10
06-26-2012, 10:45 AM
I like how they're playing under Mariner. The shape is better suited to staying compact back and front.

The defence has an average age of 21. I'm surprised we're not giving up more. I think they're skilled, but lack composure, as evidenced by the creeping move backwards as the game stretches.

Mariner is a field-level coach. If he can get them to keep a higher line towards the end, we'll win some games.

Problematically, Montreal's central midfielder Felipe cuts good defenses apart. They're gonna make the playoffs with that lineup, I suspect --- assuming it stays healthy, which is a big if.

But who knows in this league. Power poll has us above Dallas this week, where a team with Brek Shea and George John can't buy a win.

I'm gonna go with 2-2.

I'm surprised to hear you say that. I think they've looked more disoranized in the last three games, the likely result of playing a lot of players out of their normal positions. Unless you mean the system has the potential to be more compact (which may be true). But it's not right now.

We're giving up more chances right now, getting less chances (more goals though), and far less possession. Our midefield barely touches the ball - Milos Kocic played more passes than any of our midfielders Saturday night!

Derko
06-26-2012, 10:47 AM

I'm gonna go with 2-2.

I'll agree with the 2-2 draw, will Mariner again instruct our inadequate defending to give up 1/2 to 2/3rds of the pitch again and let a game slide away from us, at least we are generating a little offense.

Ajax TFC
06-26-2012, 11:57 AM

lol. I find it hilarious when coaches talk about defending like Barca but only use one small component of it. Barca defends by winning the ball back within four seconds of losing it. They do that by becoming compact with only 20-30 meters between the forwards and the defenders. That's not quite the same as just making your attackers press high while your defenders sit deep. It also means not kicking the ball away the second you get it

ManUtd4ever
06-26-2012, 12:15 PM
I think that TFC has looked more dangerous on the attack under Mariner. The issues have been the team's tendency to sit back and stop pushing forward once they have the lead, and Mariner's curious choice of substitutions. If those issues can be rectified, TFC will have a legitimate chance to win on any given night against any MLS club.

2-1 TFC.

Pookie
06-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Curious as to whether THEY have looked better in the attack or a healthy DANNY KOEVERMANS has looked better in the attack.

They aren't shooting anywhere near as much as they did and are holding the ball over 9 mins less per game. Passing accuracy is down over 10% and there isn't a lot of high pressure being applied. The goals we are scoring are seemingly focused on getting a good cross into the box. Something that is an issue for multiple teams in this league.

That said, Montreal is beatable. They are 1-1-1 against them this year (MLS and ACC) I feel the players believe they can win which is important provided they don't implode and hang their heads if Montreal gets one on the board first.

Not sure what to expect. Winter parked the bus and came away with a draw. He then pressed high and came away with a win. Not sure what Mariner has in mind but this game is winnable.

Canary10
06-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Curious as to whether THEY have looked better in the attack or a healthy DANNY KOEVERMANS has looked better in the attack.

They aren't shooting anywhere near as much as they did and are holding the ball over 9 mins less per game. Passing accuracy is down over 10% and there isn't a lot of high pressure being applied. The goals we are scoring are seemingly focused on getting a good cross into the box. Something that is an issue for multiple teams in this league.

That said, Montreal is beatable. They are 1-1-1 against them this year (MLS and ACC) I feel the players believe they can win which is important provided they don't implode and hang their heads if Montreal gets one on the board first.

Not sure what to expect. Winter parked the bus and came away with a draw. He then pressed high and came away with a win. Not sure what Mariner has in mind but this game is winnable.

Exactly what I was going to say. The most damning stat for me from Saturday night was the fact that Milos Kocic played more passes than any of our midfielders. talk about a midfield being bypassed. The long ball is truly king now.

ManUtd4ever
06-26-2012, 12:49 PM

Interesting comment, because I read several posts after Winter was fired that suggested that Koevermans wouldn't fit in well with Mariner's preferred 4-4-2 and 4-3-1-2 formations. It looks like Koevermans has adjusted quite well. BTW, Jeremy Hall and Ryan Johnson have chipped in as well, so it hasn't exactly been a one man show the last two games.

As for breaking down statistics, I think it would be much more accurate to draw conclusions by making reasonable comparisons after Mariner has coached more than 3 games as opposed to the 44 games TFC played with Winter at the helm.

Pookie
06-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Interesting comment, because I read several posts after Winter was fired that indicated that Koevermans wouldn't fit in well with Mariner's preferred 4-4-2 and 4-3-1-2 formations. It looks like Koevermans has adjusted quite well. BTW, Jeremy Hall and Ryan Johnson have chipped in as well, so it hasn't exactly been a one man show the last two games.

I don't recall these posts you are referring to. Anyways, pretty sure it wasn't me who said it. To me, Koevermans seems like the kind of player who can fit in anywhere. He had 8 goals in 10 MLS games last year and was scoring at a rate of 1 every 106 minutes... better than the golden boot winner last year and this year's favourite. I remember defending him against those that didn't think he fit in when Winter was in charge... at least not as a DP.

Anyways, that's a debate for someone else.

As for breaking down statistics, I think it would be much more accurate to draw conclusions by making reasonable comparisons after Mariner has coached more than 3 games as opposed to the 44 games TFC played with Winter at the helm.

The stats were only for 2012 MLS games... so Winter's 10 games vs Mariner's 3. It also didn't include any of the non-MLS games under Winter (where he would shine with an 11-2-7 record). Trying to make it as apples to apples as I could (ie. same players, same league, etc).

Fort York Redcoat
06-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Exactly what I was going to say. The most damning stat for me from Saturday night was the fact that Milos Kocic played more passes than any of our midfielders. talk about a midfield being bypassed. The long ball is truly king now.

oooooooooooo. Are things improving? Yes. Draws end up disappointing but results are happening. Man, that stat is a clear vote for winning (drawing) ugly.

a-NOTH-er PASS for MI-los...
a-NOTH-er PASS for MI-los...

ManUtd4ever
06-26-2012, 01:49 PM
I don't recall these posts you are referring to. Anyways, pretty sure it wasn't me who said it. To me, Koevermans seems like the kind of player who can fit in anywhere. He had 8 goals in 10 MLS games last year and was scoring at a rate of 1 every 106 minutes... better than the golden boot winner last year and this year's favourite. I remember defending him against those that didn't think he fit in when Winter was in charge... at least not as a DP.

Anyways, that's a debate for someone else.

The stats were only for 2012 MLS games... so Winter's 10 games vs Mariner's 3. It also didn't include any of the non-MLS games under Winter (where he would shine with an 11-2-7 record). Trying to make it as apples to apples as I could (ie. same players, same league, etc).

I don't think it was you who said it (I can't recall who the posters were), and I wasn't attacking you in any way, I just wanted to point it out because it was mentioned several times.

SirBobSaget
06-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Probable starting 11 according to Kurtis Larson:

Kocic, Hall, (Ecks, Emory)*, Morgan, Dunny, JDG, Frings, Avila, Koev, Johnson
* Yikes!!! Good Luck Milos

Why not drop Frings to play sweeper, also why not try a little squad rotation so that your whole squad isn't dead by half time.

Red CB Toronto
06-26-2012, 01:56 PM

Why not drop Frings to play sweeper, also why not try a little squad rotation so that your whole squad isn't dead by half time.

SirBobSaget will you be joining us supporters in Montreal tomorrow night?

Canary10
06-26-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't think it was you who said it (I can't recall who the posters were), and I wasn't attacking you in any way, I just wanted to point it out because it was mentioned several times.

I don't recall anyone saying Koevermans couldn't fit the system. He's a big guy who can fit the target man role well. I do recall, and I was certainly one of them, people saying there is no one to play behind Koevermans. I'd still say that now. Ryan Johnson is not a central striker. We have no second striker.

Pookie
06-26-2012, 02:08 PM

It's all good. Didn't take it as an "attack" at all.

ManUtd4ever
06-26-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't recall anyone saying Koevermans couldn't fit the system. He's a big guy who can fit the target man role well. I do recall, and I was certainly one of them, people saying there is no one to play behind Koevermans. I'd still say that now. Ryan Johnson is not a central striker. We have no second striker.

I don't feel like searching the archives at the moment, but it was definitely mentioned.

Anyway, regarding a second striker, we'll see what happens. I think RJ has the tools to fulfill that role. I also think Plata should be given a shot as a second striker coming off the bench as a late game sub once he is healthy.

ManUtd4ever
06-26-2012, 02:14 PM

I hope "probable" is the key word. That backline has no height whatsoever, and will get decimated on set pieces and crosses into the box. I would go with Henry and Williams at CB for now.

Canary10
06-26-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't feel like searching the archives at the moment, but it was definitely mentioned.

Anyway, regarding a second striker, we'll see what happens. I think RJ has the tools to fulfill that role. I also think Plata should be given a shot as a second striker coming off the bench as a late game sub once he is healthy.

Yeah I'd like to see Plata given a shot there too. I think he really is an out and out winger, which doesn't give him a natural place in this formation, but it's worth a shot for sure.

ryan
06-26-2012, 02:23 PM

Why not play a 6-0-4 then? :D

Yohan
06-26-2012, 02:25 PM
I hope "probable" is the key word. That backline has no height whatsoever, and will get decimated on set pieces and crosses into the box. I would go with Henry and Williams at CB for now.

Both fbs listed as 5'11. Emory 6'1 eck 6'

ManUtd4ever
06-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Both fbs listed as 5'11. Emory 6'1 eck 6'

Yeah, but without the afro, he's more like 5'6...g:D

SirBobSaget
06-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Yeah, but without the afro, he's more like 5'6...g:D

HaHa! and apparently he's had a cut so we will be seeing the 5'6 version.

Who was it that shadowed Corradi in the CCL matches? I think it was Henry.

Canary10
06-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Why not play a 6-0-4 then? :D

Yeah, seriously. People give Frings shit for not being more involved in the play. What's he supposed to do when the ball looks from his perspective like an unidentified flying object high above?

Initial B
06-26-2012, 03:15 PM
My guess is that we'll score goals, but we'll also conceed a lot too. 3-2 Montreal.

jloome
06-26-2012, 03:24 PM
I'm surprised to hear you say that. I think they've looked more disoranized in the last three games, the likely result of playing a lot of players out of their normal positions. Unless you mean the system has the potential to be more compact (which may be true). But it's not right now.

We're giving up more chances right now, getting less chances (more goals though), and far less possession. Our midefield barely touches the ball - Milos Kocic played more passes than any of our midfielders Saturday night!

No, it's more compact. Players are in the right positions more often now than they were before. They're occasionally messing up individually, but it's not from being out of position. It's a diamond 4-4-2; holding position isn't exactly difficult. That's what more compact is referring to. It's harder now for opponents to find space, which is why we've dominated the first half of two straight games.

Our problem is that in the second half, we're dropping off pressure and sitting deep. It's an issue of composure and experience, which makes sense, given our defence's average age.

As for playing through the middle, that's not the tactical style he's trying for.. He's running a counter through the fullbacks, with a quick switch of field to counteract high pressure by their opposition. So the central mids are mostly used for a defensive role, while the wingers and fullbacks advance and distribute the ball in the second stage. It's a sensible tactic against MLS' typical full-field pressure, and the ball only generally gets back into the middle when it reaches the hole player or the target man.

Pookie
06-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Our problem is that in the second half, we're dropping off pressure and sitting deep. It's an issue of composure and experience, which makes sense, given our defence's average age.

Just as an aside, it is funny to me the number of people that have now bought into the idea of the young back line. When Winter's team was conceding goals, it was essentially the same back line as Mariner's. Larson tried to tweet-debate this with me the other day saying that Mariner is without Cann and therefore we should excuse the results. Sure. Winter was without Cann from May 2011 to April 2012 too. Why no free pass on him?

The knock on Winter was that his "system" wasn't right for MLS.

Mariner seems to have deflected that by bringing up the age factor. And it is a factor no doubt. I wrote about it in May for Sportsnet. Youngest roster (not just back line) in the league.

We seem to just accept, oh they are young without asking why did we choose to have the youngest starting 11 in all of MLS (including our aging DPs)? Complete roster mismanagement from identifying and signing experienced players to what looks to be complete ignorance of the MLS Domestic/International quota rule.

Seems Mariner is distancing himself from all the roster decisions that were made. Remains to be seen if true. Which also begs, is Mariner more spin-media savvy?

Soccer Mom
06-26-2012, 06:04 PM
I think we might be able to nick it tomorrow. Somehow I get the feeling that Toronto FC will beat Montreal. Going forward I hope this will give the players a much needed confidence boost.

Montreal 0 - Toronto FC 1 (koevermans 78')

pawlukj
06-26-2012, 06:15 PM
If the defence can hold up, and we can keep possession for longer stretches, and play that kind of soccer we did against houston and parts of ner we can pull out a win, however a tie is more likely

pawlukj
06-26-2012, 06:17 PM
what really pissed me off Vs. NER was the midfield holding the ball and slowing down play when they should of rushed forward made a pass and create a scoring opportunity.. goes to show the kind of level our players are at compared to european leagues. but yea

TFC!

Redcoe15
06-26-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm finally able to watch a midweek game on television for the first time in awhile, and I'm glad it's our hated rivals in Montreal. I'd like to say a win is possible, but after the way our side blew it at home against New England while Montreal was able to squash Houston at Stade Saputo, I dunno. Keeping fingers crossed for this one.

I wish I was back in Montreal for another Toronto/Montreal tilt. Stade Saputo looks like a nice little stadium. And I do so miss the poutine from La Belle Province restaurant. :yum:

Yohan
06-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Good for tfc is that im corradi is out for the season. Bad is marco di vaio to play first game for mtl

maninb
06-27-2012, 07:07 AM
3-1 MTL.....unfortunately...

KGH
06-27-2012, 07:43 AM
If the defence can hold up, and we can keep possession for longer stretches, and play that kind of soccer we did against houston and parts of ner we can pull out a win, however a tie is more likely

Possession? Possession??

Have you watched any games under the new system??? It's like the new objective is to see how little possession we can actually have.

__wowza
06-27-2012, 07:53 AM
Yeah I'd like to see Plata given a shot there too. I think he really is an out and out winger, which doesn't give him a natural place in this formation, but it's worth a shot for sure.

he is a natural winger, but he was never afraid to take shots. sometime during the offseason it was like he was advised to stop taking shots and start throwing in crosses (which never worked). if we can utilize his speed so he can get the ball up the pitch with someone else, we'd be solid. problem is, no one else would be up with him on 80% of his rushes.

Walms
06-27-2012, 08:23 AM
We just gotta play the 2 halfs like they were both the first half ;-)
Then we might win 5-0!!! Crazy!!

I'm intersted to see if our midfield gets more of the ball, and what they do when they get it. Wonder if Soolsma will get time tonight..

Win or Lose I'm go to the bars for
This one tonight. It's looking like there are less and less things to get excited about this season, but the chance to beat Montreal at home is something I'm getting loud for!!

Red CB Toronto
06-27-2012, 08:55 AM
The ref tonight is Kevin Stott, the Reds having only won once with him calling the shots, May 12, 2007 when the legend of the 24th minute was born.

Canary10
06-27-2012, 09:10 AM
he is a natural winger, but he was never afraid to take shots. sometime during the offseason it was like he was advised to stop taking shots and start throwing in crosses (which never worked). if we can utilize his speed so he can get the ball up the pitch with someone else, we'd be solid. problem is, no one else would be up with him on 80% of his rushes.

if he was played as more of a false nine position I think he could do well. Danny is strong enough a player to hold the two CBs. Drop Plata a bit deeper in the hole, get him the ball and let him run at the two defenders. That's were he's at his best.

Red CB Toronto
06-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Anyone make last minute plans to make the trip down to Montreal, I am enjoying a lazy morning here, looking forward to seeing the newly renovated Saputo, should be a good night. Rain is in the cards, which will be back memories of a previous trip into this stadium.

Canary10
06-27-2012, 09:35 AM
No, it's more compact. Players are in the right positions more often now than they were before. They're occasionally messing up individually, but it's not from being out of position. It's a diamond 4-4-2; holding position isn't exactly difficult. That's what more compact is referring to. It's harder now for opponents to find space, which is why we've dominated the first half of two straight games.

As for playing through the middle, that's not the tactical style he's trying for.. He's running a counter through the fullbacks, with a quick switch of field to counteract high pressure by their opposition. So the central mids are mostly used for a defensive role, while the wingers and fullbacks advance and distribute the ball in the second stage. It's a sensible tactic against MLS' typical full-field pressure, and the ball only generally gets back into the middle when it reaches the hole player or the target man.

I have to admit to being a little too trashed Saturday to have really been able to critically look at their tactics and how they line up that night. It was the only way I could make it through that game....:) The Opta Stats bear out what you're saying though. I'll take a closer look tonight.

SuperTCP
06-27-2012, 11:42 AM
I think Montreal will win. They will be pumped since they are at home in new stadium, and it will be Marco DiVaio debut. Hopefully TFC prove me wrong. :)

mowe
06-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Di Vaio is going to tear our defense up. I'm interested in seeing what the attendance will be like, Montreal hasn't done too well outside of their home opener and the LA game.

The little faith I had in Mariner is eroding after the inexplicable subs he made last game. TFC 1-3 MTL.

Yohan
06-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Di vaio is not match fit. Small mercies?

Pookie
06-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Gotta think MTL is hungry after dropping the ACC match in Toronto the way they did. Playing in front of home crowd, new stadium, new player... on paper the 3rd largest payroll team and reigning V-CUP champ shouldn't be an underdog but that looks to be the way things shape up.

Hoping 3-0 Toronto. Expecting 3-0 MTL

T-boy
06-27-2012, 12:20 PM
lol. I find it hilarious when coaches talk about defending like Barca but only use one small component of it. Barca defends by winning the ball back within four seconds of losing it. They do that by becoming compact with only 20-30 meters between the forwards and the defenders. That's not quite the same as just making your attackers press high while your defenders sit deep. It also means not kicking the ball away the second you get it

I think he's only using the Barca/Spain comparison/example as its one that the Canadian sports press might understand. I think if he said "we should play more like Southampton" the media would look blankly and wonder what he's talking about!

T-boy
06-27-2012, 12:22 PM

Is Plata injured again for this one, or available now? I haven't seen the press conference to know either way...

Canary10
06-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Is Plata injured again for this one, or available now? I haven't seen the press conference to know either way...

Believe he's still out for this game but has been back to training.

bigredone
06-27-2012, 12:39 PM
This is going to be a high scoring brawl. MTL wants revenge and redemption against us and TFC wants to tame the other Canadians team(s) and keep the streak alive. Either 3-2 or 4-3 for TFC. Koevs and Johnson with a rare goal from der alter hase will contribute.

ag futbol
06-27-2012, 12:49 PM
I think we're going to win this one because it doesn't make any sense. Nothing that happens to TFC is logical.

Now excuse me while I re-shape my tinfoil hat.

bones
06-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Hoping 3-0 Toronto. Expecting 3-0 MTL

Last games have shown this to be possible....TFC 3-0 first half and MTL 3-0 second half with the final goal coming 10 seconds before the final whistle.

mowe
06-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Last games have shown this to be possible....TFC 3-0 first half and MTL 3-0 second half with the final goal coming 10 seconds before the final whistle.

Now you're thinking like a TFC fan.

ManUtd4ever
06-27-2012, 01:03 PM
At the rate they're going, the boys will definitely need to build a a 3 goal lead at the very least to earn a result, LOL.

Ajax TFC
06-27-2012, 03:03 PM
anyone know the projected lineup for this game?

iy12l
06-27-2012, 05:41 PM
#TorontoFC (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23TorontoFC) XI: Kocic; Hall, Eckersley, Emory, Morgan; Dunfield, Frings, de Guzman, Avila; Johnson, Koevermans. #TFCLive (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23TFCLive)

WTF, why is Dunfield still in the line-up?!?! I hope Mariner gets fired, this team is better off at a 4-5-1 not a fucking hoofball 4-4-2 formation.

mowe
06-27-2012, 05:42 PM
(https://twitter.com/#%21/torontofc) #TorontoFC (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23TorontoFC) XI: Kocic; Hall, Eckersley, Emory, Morgan; Dunfield, Frings, de Guzman, Avila; Johnson, Koevermans

(https://twitter.com/#%21/torontofc)
#TorontoFC (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23TorontoFC) substitutes: Roberts; Aceval, Maund, Henry, Silva, Lambe, Soolsma

Montreal XI: Ricketts; Valentin, Camara, Thomas, Brovsky; Warner, Bernier; Arnaud, Felipe, Neagle; Di Vaio

ryan
06-27-2012, 06:01 PM
lets start all our holding mids at once, despite them being gassed game after game, then when we need to sub one out to defend, we'll use a winger and get decimated in the mid.

Paul Mariner football 101.

/suicide

justin
06-27-2012, 06:06 PM
lets start all our holding mids at once, despite them being gassed game after game, then when we need to sub one out to defend, we'll use a winger and get decimated in the mid.

/suicide

THIS. here's a fun game...

CHALLENGE!!

name another team anywhere in the world that plays 3 defensive mids at a time, and actually has success!

Ajax TFC
06-27-2012, 06:07 PM
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2012/06/442464_Toronto_FC.jpg
meanwhile our only midfield sub is Silva. no defensive relief unless he plans on putting Aceval in there. What's wrong with Burgos again?

Ajax TFC
06-27-2012, 06:08 PM
THIS. here's a fun game...

CHALLENGE!!

name another team anywhere in the world that plays 3 defensive mids at a time, and actually has success!

AC Milan sometimes, but their fullbacks usually provide decent width
Plus they use the DMs to control the midfield rather than to eliminate the midfield

justin
06-27-2012, 06:15 PM
plus their DM's can pass and create

T-boy
06-27-2012, 06:19 PM

/suicide

I understand what you're saying. But my bit complaint about Aron Winter was that he chopped and changed his starting 11 week after week. Today we have 1 change from the weekend, which is ok if you ask me. The team HAS to gel and get used to each other. And like him or not, dunfield is ahard working professional who I'm sure is easy to coach, and therefore an easy choice to pick for the starting 11. I would obviously prefer a more flair wingers playing, but again we need some experience in the team especially with the extremely young defence. I'm sure that's the logic of Mariner on picking Dunfield right now. At the point where TFC have a couple of experience defenders, you can play a couple of younger mids.

Richard
06-27-2012, 06:21 PM
I know people are going to hate on me, but why not start Harden? Was he not good for management 1+ year? Then why is he not now when we really have brought nobody in to replace him, Mariner wants experiance and its right on the bench.

Mind you i prefer Henry playing to learn and dont support Harden as our #1 starter, for some reason they think by not playing Harden they can show they have better cb's which they dont frankly.

T-boy
06-27-2012, 06:22 PM
I hate that there always seems to be ONE player that is "blamed" for any TFC result. It's a team game and there are 11 players. It was Gargan at one point, Aceval at one point, Dunfield, Welsh, JDG, Garcia, I can name so many where people said "if that ONE player wasn't playing, we would be good" - unfortunately those "one players" have come and gone and it hasn't made any difference. It's about time some people realised that with 11 players on the pitch, one player that YOU don't particularly like doesn't make that much difference!

T-boy
06-27-2012, 06:23 PM
I forgot about Harden, he WAS the last player who was the "one player" that would make the difference if he wasn't playing!

I agree though, Harden definitely has more experience than the other CB's that are fit. Maybe he isn't fit right now, otherwise he might be playing?

SirBobSaget
06-27-2012, 06:26 PM
I know people are going to hate on me, but why not start Harden? Was he not good for management 1+ year? Then why is he not now when we really have brought nobody in to replace him, Mariner wants experiance and its right on the bench.

Mind you i prefer Henry playing to learn and dont support Harden as our #1 starter, for some reason they think by not playing Harden they can show they have better cb's which they dont frankly.

Then Mariner doesn't get to use his young D excuse.

ag futbol
06-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Ok so JDG is better than Bernier right?... right? *groan*

Chris Wren
06-27-2012, 06:51 PM
This is not looking good. Our D looks as bad as ever.

Pretty weak showing by the Montreal fans.

maxpower
06-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Pretty bad start so far. We had that shot on target less than a minute in but since then we have barely touched the ball. Not defending too confidently either.

Suds
06-27-2012, 06:54 PM
^^
To be fair neither team has really established any rhythm at this point.

kodiakTFC
06-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Jesus UM02 sound loud on tv so far.

Toronto
06-27-2012, 06:58 PM
This is not looking good. Our D looks as bad as ever.

Pretty weak showing by the Montreal fans.

Stadiums shouldn't be filled unless your winning TBH. Montreal has a losing record. Why would the causal fan show up. Look at how empty BMO is now. Until both teams start winning, no one should expect a full house-- unless Groupon is giving away 5 tickets for the price of 2. lol

Eastend
06-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Wow, biggest corner area I've ever seen.

Toronto
06-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Jesus UM02 sound loud on tv so far.

Good mic placement by the host network RDS...:drum: it seems right in front of them.

kodiakTFC
06-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Good mic placement by the host network RDS...:drum: it seems right in front of them.

I contribute it to what you said plus the roof. Even still, kudos to them.

TFC07
06-27-2012, 07:03 PM
TFC are so awful to watch. I feel like I am watching girls REP team play at times.

Hoof soccer is worst soccer to watch.

Chris Wren
06-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Stadiums shouldn't be filled unless your winning TBH. Montreal has a losing record. Why would the causal fan show up. Look at how empty BMO is now. Until both teams start winning, no one should expect a full house-- unless Groupon is giving away 5 tickets for the price of 2. lol

I thought it was pretty full on Saturday at BMO.

Playing TFC in their newly renovated stadium, in their first MLS season are good reasons to have a good crowd. It's filling up anyway.

Ouch, Hall taking a boot to the head!

ag futbol
06-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Finish him! Kidding, kidding

Suds
06-27-2012, 07:05 PM
That could have been much worse.

JavierMartini
06-27-2012, 07:07 PM
the fact that is a yellow card is disgusting, he kicked him in the fucking face.

[NBF]
06-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Finish him! Kidding, kidding

hahaha, maybe he'll get a t-shirt, "I went to Montreal and all I got was a lousy boot to the face."

iy12l
06-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Why doesn't Mariner just play Lambe on right midfield instead of Duncefield?

[NBF]
06-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Jeremy Hall saved a goal with his face.....lol

[NBF]
06-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Why doesn't Mariner just play Lambe on right midfield instead of Duncefield?

Right now the defense is lucky the Montreal players havent been playing too much through the middle, because when they start connecting with DiVaio there will be goals.

v00d00daddy
06-27-2012, 07:12 PM
When you start taking long throw ins from your own half all is lost.

I wonder if the best pass stats right now are between Kocic and Johnson. Lol

Our style, shape and creativity is laughable.

kodiakTFC
06-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Poor Hall.

[NBF]
06-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Another save by Jeremy Hall ...... with his face....lol

Carts
06-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Jeremy Hall - at least we know he's tough...
Mariner must be loving him right now...

DaBandit
06-27-2012, 07:16 PM
I think I would be happy with a goalless draw.. Just escape with a point.. Lol

TFC07
06-27-2012, 07:17 PM
When you start taking long throw ins from your own half all is lost.

I wonder if the best pass stats right now are between Kocic and Johnson. Lol

Our style, shape and creativity is laughable.

three words: REP girls team

That's how they're playing right now. You have to hate soccer to support this style of play. I don't think any soccer fan would enjoy and support this type of soccer from a professional club.

SirBobSaget
06-27-2012, 07:17 PM
The media guys keep preaching that if anyone would ask the players they would say their moods are elevated by Mariner's passion. But no players have said anything close to that.

Hammering home the TFC talking points, mood elevated by new passionate coach, young defense and so on

iy12l
06-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Stupid duncefield

[NBF]
I think I would be happy with a goalless draw.. Just escape with a point.. Lol

Emory is playing on defense, there's going to be a goal or two and did anyone else notice Dancefield also made the first team in todays game.

SirBobSaget
Does Koevermans have any touches yet?

[NBF]
06-27-2012, 07:20 PM
The thing is the Montreal defense is depleted and playing some none regulars. TFC is playing very defensive and is not taking advantage.

Suds
06-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Does Koevermans have any touches yet?

A couple. But let's face it, the service has been very limited thus far.

DaBandit
06-27-2012, 07:21 PM
;1504916']Emory is playing on defense, there's going to be a goal or two and did anyone else notice Dancefield also made the first team in todays game.

I don't know cuz at this point neither team looks like they have any ideas going forward..

Suds
06-27-2012, 07:22 PM
I don't know cuz at this point neither team looks like they have any ideas going forward..

Yep. Outside of the first 10 minutes it's been pretty poor by both teams.

v00d00daddy
06-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Hahaha...Eckersely you dunce.

Where does he get off hitting it from there?

DaBandit
06-27-2012, 07:24 PM
A couple. But let's face it, the service has been very limited thus far.

Yeah your right service is just not there tonight.. When guys like eck's are trying to go for goal from 45 yards out and ignoring the wide open wingman, it's no wonder the service is crap..

[NBF]
06-27-2012, 07:25 PM
DiVaio played in a 3-4-3 in Bologna?

v00d00daddy
06-27-2012, 07:25 PM

True...but one team likes to keep the ball and, as such, will be able to figure out some ideas to go forward.

The other team likes to kick it away like its the plague and don't have the ball at their feet long enough to come up with any ideas other than tryin to kick it long and win 50/50 balls.

iy12l
06-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Wont be too long before Duncefiled scores an own goal.

DaBandit
06-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Yep. Outside of the first 10 minutes it's been pretty poor by both teams.

Yeah the 1st 10 mins weren't too bad.. But since then it's been horrible to watch..

ag futbol
06-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Well that was one shit half of football.

I know someone is going to drone on about it still being 0-0 and their possession meaning jack shit... but just watch, we'll get tired, they'll find a hole (because they're pushing the game), and we'll be screwed.

Suds
06-27-2012, 07:29 PM
1st Half

Pros - No goals against.

Cons - That half has been brutal to watch. Not a good display by either team.

SirBobSaget
06-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Any other MLS team regularly give up 60+% possession? It reminds me of the Homer J. Simpson boxing strategy. Let the other guy(hobo) punch himself out then push him over.

iy12l
06-27-2012, 07:34 PM
1st Half

Pros - No goals against.

Cons - That half has been brutal to watch. Not a good display by either team.

2nd Half

Pros - Mariner gets fired on the spot

Cons - We concede two goals
- Duncefiled plays full 90
- Frings subbed off
- Hall's nose explodes
- Koevermans breaks his leg
- Season ticket prices increases
- Avila commits suicide
- De Guzman throws his shirt on the ground and spits on it
- Anselmi gets a 7 year extension

Redcoe15
06-27-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm in love with Natasha.

DaBandit
06-27-2012, 07:36 PM
True...but one team likes to keep the ball and, as such, will be able to figure out some ideas to go forward.

The other team likes to kick it away like its the plague and don't have the ball at their feet long enough to come up with any ideas other than tryin to kick it long and win 50/50 balls.

Wonder what the possession was in the first half..

maxpower
06-27-2012, 07:37 PM
To go with that horrible half of football, we have some truly horrible commentating. Mute button it is for the second half.

SirBobSaget
06-27-2012, 07:38 PM
2nd Half

Pros - Mariner gets fired on the spot

Cons - We concede two goals
- Duncefiled plays full 90
- Frings subbed off
- Hall's nose explodes
- Koevermans breaks his leg
- Season ticket prices increases
- Avila commits suicide
- De Guzman throws his shirt on the ground and spits on it
- Anselmi gets a 7 year extension

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

joeyjones
FFS does anybody follow this team? HARDEN IS FUCKING INJURED

[NBF]
Any other MLS team regularly give up 60+% possession? It reminds me of the Homer J. Simpson boxing strategy. Let the other guy(hobo) punch himself out then push him over.

That would be considered a strategy or a plan and this team does neither, its pretty much one buckshot shot straight over their heads assuming the names on a piece of paper will be enough to win a game without a ball being put into the net.

J18
06-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Lacking any composure. difficult to retain any possession when the back 4 look for the long straight pass every time they get it. Play the simple pass, its school boy stuff. Frings needs to communicate with the back 4, give them a little confidence and build from the back.

Redcoe15
As for the game, it's a good thing Montreal hasn't scored yet. Our side just sucks. :(

Carts
Wonder what the possession was in the first half..

It was 59% - 41% late in the 1st half...

SirBobSaget
To go with that horrible half of football, we have some truly horrible commentating. Mute button it is for the second half.

Does Forrest only do Sportsnet? I know a lot here give him a hard time but I personally enjoy his game calling.

[NBF]
06-27-2012, 07:40 PM
I noticed Soolsma and Aceval on the bench I dont know if they're listed as the 7 man subs bench but they're there.

DaBandit
06-27-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm in love with Natasha.

She is delicious...

TFC07
06-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Soolsma is on. Hall is out

DaBandit
06-27-2012, 07:42 PM
It was 59% - 41% late in the 1st half...

Thanks, I figured it was about that. Actually I thought it would be more like 65-35..

DaBandit
06-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Damn I hate when they drop Frings into the back.. If your going to take hall off, why not bring Henry in and more eck's out wide?

SirBobSaget
06-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Who is this dunce doing color commentary? "Koevs getting better service lately from the likes of Morgan and Eckersley" ????

DaBandit
06-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Goal frings!!!!!!

daner90
Torsten!!!!

TFC07
Frings!!!!

ag futbol
06-27-2012, 07:49 PM
boo yaa!

LittleOzzy
Best free kick in our history!

iy12l
friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suds
Nice free kick. Wow! That ball froze Ricketts.

Relja
06-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Frings :)

bigredone
06-27-2012, 07:51 PM
I cant believe der alter hase scored.

iy12l
06-27-2012, 07:51 PM
the freekick even scared Anselmi

DaBandit
06-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Best free kick in our history!

Not sure about that, it seems that Ricketts blew that one.. But hey we'll take it..

Chris Wren
06-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Frings!

Like seeing Soolsma. Guess that inside info that he was being released didn't work out too well.

TFC07
De Guzman out instead of Dunfield?

DaBandit
Really again, we have a lead and we remove JDG before we take out dunfield??

Ajax TFC
De Guzman out again... Meanwhile Dunfield stays on

Suds
06-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Ricketts seemed to pick the free kick up late, froze, and got handcuffed by it.

iy12l
Is Mariner and Duncefield related?

DaBandit
Really again, we have a lead and we remove JDG before we take out dunfield?? Or even Avila?

kodiakTFC
06-27-2012, 07:55 PM
I really hope TFC isn't trying to bunker for the win.

DaBandit
06-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Ricketts seemed to pick the free kick up late, froze, and got handcuffed by it.

It was a bullet in fairness to him..

ryan
06-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Frings!

Like seeing Soolsma. Guess that inside info that he was being released didn't work out too well.

That must mean all insider info is rubbish. Well spotted.

I think it's a bit early to be bunkering, doesn't seem we're doing that yet.

kodiakTFC
06-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Really again, we have a lead and we remove JDG before we take out dunfield?? Or even Avila?

How dare you try and apply logic to the management of TFC.

ryan
06-27-2012, 07:58 PM
It was a bullet in fairness to him..

It was, but a pro keeper has to make that save IMO. It was barely over his head. Amused at Di Vaio moving in to make more space for the shot. :)

Ajax TFC
06-27-2012, 07:58 PM
His wall also moved out of the way of the shot

iy12l
06-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Frings has a rocket propelled grenade on his shoe

ag futbol
06-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Nigel and Adrian are retarded. Was it not obvious that Thomas grabbed the ball out of Kocic's hands you fucking idiots?

SirBobSaget
06-27-2012, 08:01 PM
ummm commantator dude, Thomas bopped that ball out of Kocic's hands. That guy is so bad, worse then Rongen

ryan
someone tell this putz of an announcer that Thomas used his hand to knock the ball out.

DaBandit
This commentator is an idiot.. Kocic 'bubbled it' cuz the impact player swatted it with his hand.. Do commentator not have the benefit of replay like us? Moron!!

Carefree
His wall also moved out of the way of the shot

Actually, Koev pushed the wall out of the way.

iy12l
Mariner is going to replace Kocic with Plata

Suds
06-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Nigel and Adrian are retarded. Was it not obvious that Thomas grabbed the ball out of Kocic's hands you fucking idiots?

I thought it was obvious.

kodiakTFC
06-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Frings has a rocket propelled grenade on his shoe

Panzerfaust!

bigredone
06-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Actually, Koev pushed the wall out of the way.

He is definitely our enforcer. Love watchin' him get pissed!!!! sorry Koevs

daner90
06-27-2012, 08:04 PM
Wow I think I have seen this episode before... TFC scores and takes a lead and decides to put all 11 men behind half to try and stop the other team from scoring...usually it doesn't end well

DaBandit
06-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Mariner is going to replace Kocic with Plata

That made me laugh..

kodiakTFC
06-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Smoke bombs, flares, fireworks... security?

maxpower
06-27-2012, 08:06 PM
I wish we could use flairs.....

iy12l
06-27-2012, 08:07 PM
i can already smell a goal for montreal

DaBandit
06-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Wow I think I have seen this episode before... TFC scores and takes a lead and decides to put all 11 men behind half to try and stop the other team from scoring...usually it doesn't end well

You forgot about the fact that we'll just blindly hoof it out any time we get the ball..

bigredone
06-27-2012, 08:08 PM
New Season, not a rerun

Suds
Uh oh, we're up by two now.

Good patience by Johnson.

ag futbol
When does MLS chalk board get posted? I think this might be interesting.

whhhattt ... sick goal

SirBobSaget
Thats why you play Soolsma!!!!!!

DaBandit
GOAL JOHNSON... Ya baby.. Dare I say an unexpected win?

ryan
What a nice goal wow

Batman
can we please play montreal every week

daner90
06-27-2012, 08:09 PM
I wish we could use flairs.....

http://wonkette.com/assets/resources/2007/11/ricflair.jpg

ryan
Well gentlemen. Here we are again...do we complete the strikeout or finally knock it out of the park?

kodiakTFC
Up by 2 on the 70th? Uh oh.Just kidding, this is fantastic! Keep it up!

iy12l
Soolsma has 2 assists in like 30 mins

Batman
oh no.. here come the subs

deja vu vu vu vu vu

kodiakTFC
06-27-2012, 08:10 PM
http://wonkette.com/assets/resources/2007/11/ricflair.jpg

lol awesome

iy12l
06-27-2012, 08:10 PM
ffs Dunfield still on???

DaBandit
06-27-2012, 08:11 PM
Soolsma has 2 assists in like 30 mins

How did he get 1 on the free kick.. :p

Just One Man
06-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Argghh!!

I just hate Paul Mariner so much!!!

Everything he does is terrible. Even though Winter definitely would not be winning this game because his system takes time to implement, we would at least be playing "total football". And that is what I want to see. Not winners, but "total footballers".

:dita:

Flint
06-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Wow I can't watch the game where I am but I'm just as happy!! Fuck Montreal!

ryan
06-27-2012, 08:13 PM
the key is we're still pressing them. nice to see here.

DaBandit
06-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Argghh!!

Everything he does is terrible. Even though Winter definitely would not be winning this game because his system takes time to implement, we would at least be playing "total football". And that is what I want to see. Not winners, but "total footballers".

Touche.. Lol

ChrisFizik
"15 minutes to defend the lead" -- as like past bunch of matches, these will be longest minutes evvvvver

I am enjoying this tonight tho, that it's v LIMPact makes it sweeter for sure

Suds
holy fuck!!! that was a very good goal!

Yohan
06-27-2012, 08:15 PM
6 goals 6 games for koev

maxpower
Argghh!!

What exactly leads you to believe We would be playing total football? When winter was here I saw us keeping a bit of possession but nothing anywhere near total football.

iy12l
goal!!!

ryan
Omg plan the championship parade

SirBobSaget
What is going on!!!!!!

J18
Quality from Morgan

DaBandit
GOAL DANNY K again.....

So if we beat the limpact twince in a month or so, does that make them the worlds worst team??

Dkolish3
06-27-2012, 08:16 PM
MORGAN!!!!!!!! 3 assists over 2 games!!!!!

maxpower
Yesssss. Fantastic game. Could not have asked for more.

ag futbol
Game over !! ahahahah

bigredone
Deeeeee kaaaaaaay

TFC07
3-nil for TFC

jloome
ffs Dunfield still on???

He's played really well tonight. Seriously.

sully
3 nil with 10 mins left....hmm, just maybe!

Carts
Frings just got pegged with something from the stands...

Chris Wren
Yawn. 3-0. Hoofball sucks.

daner90
Why couldn't they have done this in front of over a thousand of us who made the trip to Montreal in April instead of 10 today lol

Jeffro
06-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Oooooooh Danny 2.0oooooo Danny 2.0 Danny 2.0 Danny 2.0ooooo

Chris Wren
He's played really well tonight. Seriously.

No doubt.

Walms
2 games, 3 goal sent in by Morgan, love it!!!!!!!!!

ag futbol
beat-the-traffic!
*clap*clap*clap-clap-clap

Carefree
06-27-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm feeling something I haven't felt in a while...

Lumpy
Sad Montreal fans streaming out of the stadium. Sweet.

dupont
Wow. They are looking like a great team today. Really playing together well. So awesome to see this after this horrid season so far.

T-boy
Yawn. 3-0. Hoofball sucks.

Yeah, Mariner out, this sucks! I can't stand beating our local rivals 3-0 AWAY! I want total football back and nine straight losses.

Carts
06-27-2012, 08:19 PM
I know there's a lot of talk about possession, in here and on the broadcast - but honestly I don't give a sh*t about possession stats at the end of the match...

60-40 Possession for the Impact... 3-0 Score for Toronto... 2nd Stat is what truly matters...

I'd take a 1-0 win, with 99-1 loss in possession - over winning possession and losing matches...

Might not be pretty - but right now, I'll take it...

kodiakTFC
It took Winter 10 games to score 8 goals.

It took Mariner 4.

Just One Man
What exactly leads you to believe We would be playing total football? When winter was here I saw us keeping a bit of possession but nothing anywhere near total football.

I am sarcastically mocking the people on this board who, probably up until that 3rd goal (and still even now since they have been proven wrong and need to cling to their argument) think that Paul Mariner is shit and the Aron Winter is a football God. There are people on this board who would rather Winter were still the coach, and still losing games, just because he blows smoke up their asses about "total football".

Carts
06-27-2012, 08:21 PM
beat-the-traffic!
*clap*clap*clap-clap-clap

Classic....!! :)

Koevermans becoming a leader out there - keeping guys out of it, talking a lot... Koevermans 2.o indeed...

Now Kocic has a firework in his hands (not lit obviously)

kodiakTFC
I am sarcastically mocking the people on this board who, probably up until that 3rd goal (and still even now since they have been proven wrong and need to cling to their argument) think that Paul Mariner is shit and the Aron Winter is a football God. There are people on this board who would rather Winter were still the coach, and still losing games, just because he blows smoke up their asses about "total football".

I think its important you understand those people are being sarcastic.

SirBobSaget
OK seriously what is it with TSN commentators and black player confusion? De Guzman = Morgan, Nyassy = Camara ???

Lumpy
06-27-2012, 08:22 PM

What you talkin about Willis ???

ryan
06-27-2012, 08:22 PM
what the hell was Kocic holding?

T-boy
06-27-2012, 08:23 PM

I'd change that to "some of them are being sarcastic"!

maxpower

Ha, my apologies. I'm sure you know it's not easy to track sarcasm on the Internet.

Yohan
I cant recognize emory without his fro

gracos
I hope we keep with Mariner for a long while, it obviously shows he knows what he is doing, but Anselmi still needs out of his job, Let go TFC

Carts
what the hell was Kocic holding?

Firework...

Just One Man
06-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Why couldn't they have done this in front of over a thousand of us who made the trip to Montreal in April instead of 10 today lol

Because Aron Winter is a barely functioning soccer retard.

tfcleeds
OK seriously what is it with TSN commentators and black player confusion? De Guzman = Morgan, Nyassy = Camara ???

Not as bad as #racistjohnhelm during the England-Italy match "Balotelli....Balzaretti....all the names sound alike anyway", lol. ;)

Super
I hope we keep with Mariner for a long while, it obviously shows he knows what he is doing, but Anselmi still needs out of his job, Let go TFC

I fully agree. This was a perfectly played away game against a tough (rival) team. Mariner deserves a proper chance. Certainly more of a chance than any of our other (disappointing) coaches.

SirBobSaget
06-27-2012, 08:25 PM

Oh please we all have kept backing the players just feel it was unnecessary to change coaches when we were starting to gain momentum in May.

gracos
06-27-2012, 08:25 PM
I would also like to bring to everyones attention, we are the first team to beat Montreal Impact at Stade Saputo

Carts
06-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Not as bad as #racistjohnhelm during the England-Italy match "Balotelli....Balzaretti....all the names sound alike anyway", lol. ;)

"Balotelli....Balzaretti....all the names sound alike anyway... However Balotelli is the only.........." #racistjohnhelm :)

tfcleeds
06-27-2012, 08:26 PM
I would also like to bring to everyones attention, we are the first team to beat Montreal Impact at Stade Saputo

For once we make history in a positive way!

SirBobSaget
06-27-2012, 08:27 PM
"There will be 5 mins of stoppage time" pan to 4th official showing 4 mins of stoppage time

Suds
Last place in the league - but beating Montreal will always be great!

T-boy

when you are beating your local rivals away by 3 goals, it isn't the time to say that anybody should be out! Anselmi brought Mariner to the club as well as Winter! So, credit where credit is due, you have to give kudos to whoever (Anselmi) brought Mariner here right now!

DaBandit
06-27-2012, 08:28 PM
I have to say that dunfield is a tireless worker.. Just wish he could pass..

Carts
06-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Paul Mariner will have "heart attack odds" in Vegas by noon tomorrow based on his current performance on the sidelines... :)
He's up 3-nil and losing his shit! :)

ryan
I have to say that dunfield is a tireless worker.. Just wish he could pass..

He can tackle like a linebacker at least.

iy12l
why is mariner still pissed

Just One Man
06-27-2012, 08:30 PM

No, they weren't/aren't, see...

Oh please we all have kept backing the players just feel it was unnecessary to change coaches when we were starting to gain momentum in May.

There are people who actually felt Winter was "building momentum".

Suds
06-27-2012, 08:30 PM
^^
Dunfield played well tonight. His haters should probably take tonight off. :)