PDA

View Full Version : CCL Group Stage Sked announced

06-22-2012, 03:57 PM
We play the final match at Santos Laguna.

CCL GROUP STAGE SCHEDULE Week 1

Wednesday, August 1

Toronto FC (CAN) vs. CD Aguila (SLV), 8 p.m.

Week 2

Tuesday, August 21

Santos Laguna (MEX) vs. CD Aguila (SLV), 8 p.m.

Week 3

Tuesday, August 28

Toronto FC (CAN) vs. Santos Laguna (MEX), 8 p.m.

Week 4

Wednesday, September 19

CD Aguila (SLV) vs. Santos Laguna (MEX), 10 p.m.

Week 5

Tuesday, September 25

CD Aguila (SLV) vs. Toronto FC (CAN), 10 p.m.

Week 6

Wednesday, October 24

Santos Laguna (MEX) vs. Toronto FC (CAN), 8 p.m.

WestStandGeoff
06-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Sure - not only do we get fucked by the rigged draw, but now we don't even get the slight advantage of having the southern teams come play here in October.

Code Red
06-22-2012, 04:28 PM
My expectations for this years edition of the CCL are at its lowest. I can't see us getting past SL, they're just too strong. Second place is feasible but meaningless with the new format.

mowe
06-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Four games in almost three months. This is a great format for MLS teams. Very manageable while still contending for the playoffs (not that TFC has to worry about that).

06-22-2012, 06:10 PM
Our toughest road game is in Mexico. Would've preferred that as early as possible (Santos in pre-season form). Instead we get them in October.
Our toughest home game is hosting Santos. Would've preferred that as late as possible (to take advantage of the cold weather). Instead we get them August 28th.
Plus on the road for Week 5 and 6.
I can't really imagine placing these 6 matches in ANY WORSE combination. Can anyone picture a worse scenario for TFC?
That's after the Mickey Mouse rules that forced us into this Group of Death in first place. That USA4 can't play MEX1 in the group stage is BS.
It's personally great to get out and see these matches. I just wish the deck wasn't stacked against us!

Canada72
06-23-2012, 09:21 AM
The EX is on during the Santos game on Aug 28

bigredone
06-23-2012, 09:51 AM

I can already feel how the day is going to be. I have some early extreme excitement. Reminder to all, book off a few days!!!!!

tictoc
06-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Maybe Santos playing Toluca on Oct. 21 and Monterrey on the Oct. 27 will help us on the 24th in Mexico? Probably not...

Ryan1984
06-24-2012, 08:59 AM
TFC requested the date during the EX to charge a premium for this match.

pdogg
06-24-2012, 12:40 PM
TFC requested the date during the EX to charge a premium for this match.

Did they ever charge a premium in past years? I believe they actually gave walk up ticket purchasers a discount, but I could be wrong.

jaahuuu
06-25-2012, 08:30 AM
I can already feel how the day is going to be. I have some early extreme excitement. Reminder to all, book off a few days!!!!!
Done, I'm missing this game to spend a week in Alaska.

TOBOR !
06-25-2012, 08:56 AM
TFC finishes bottom of this group, and SL aren't even going to bother player their senior squad against us - it would be too embarrassing.

bigredone
06-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Done, I'm missing this game to spend a week in Alaska.

Alaska, much like that post^, is cold. brrrr! hehe kidding.

I wish CMNT could have a stadium there to play their rivals in the WCQ.

KRO
06-25-2012, 10:03 AM
The SL home game is sandwiched between consecutive Saturday away games at Kansas and Houston. I suppose by that time of the season the playoffs will be mathematically impossible and we can send the kids and stiffs to the MLS games.

Fort York Redcoat
06-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Alaska, much like that post^, is cold. brrrr! hehe kidding.

I wish CMNT could have a stadium there to play their rivals in the WCQ.

I'm sure you meant the territories since they are part of Canada. I don't agree but this isn't the thread for it. I'm glad we have the "easy" game first. It'll certainly be do or die from the start.

bigredone
06-25-2012, 10:49 AM
^I did, oops, my mistake.

It will be the most exciting game of the year and likely the most meaningful against Santos.

ensco
06-25-2012, 11:25 AM
I will be paying no attention to these games until Sept 26. If TFC are still in contention going into the last game against Santos, then I am willing to get engaged.

JonO
06-25-2012, 12:01 PM
What's sad is that I have no motivation to buy tickets to these games. I just feel like I have spent enought money on this team already.

ManUtd4ever
06-25-2012, 12:06 PM
I will be paying no attention to these games until Sept 26. If TFC are still in contention going into the last game against Santos, then I am willing to get engaged.

I can understand that. I'll be following all the CCL matches closely from day one though because they are essentially the only meaningful matches left in the calendar year.

ensco
06-25-2012, 12:22 PM
ˆListen, enjoy. It's the same as the Liverpool game - there will be people who care, there are arguments for it.

Nuvinho
06-25-2012, 02:26 PM
I am not paying anymore of my hard earned money to watch hoofball. I paid for my season tickets, if they ask me for more...forgetaboutit!!

Joe Kool
06-25-2012, 03:30 PM
What's sad is that I have no motivation to buy tickets to these games. I just feel like I have spent enought money on this team already.

Yeah I am kinda in the same boat but leaning more on the lack of expenses side more than motivation. My expenses are pretty tapped out on soccer that I have already paid for this year and I think I have spent enough. My finances are pretty much the worst they have been in years plus I have to afford to take the kiddies out for a few day trips in the summer so that is going to have to take some precedent. I really like CCL matches too. Now when it comes to renewals if they even think of raising prices I think the lack of motivation to buy may kick in for me...

Pookie
06-25-2012, 03:35 PM

What's awesome about that is that is so well thought out for those that drive to the games. "Ample parking" is what the brochure says. Convenient, you know?