PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Thursday,June, 21

denime
06-21-2012, 05:59 AM
Mornin'

TFC TV

(http://www.torontofc.ca/video)Mariner Praise For Koevermans

(http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/06/mariner-praise-koevermans)Reds Held As Houston Claws Back

(http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/06/reds-held-houston-claws-back)Toronto FC lets late two-goal slip away, settles for 3-3 draw with Dynamo (http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/1214766--toronto-fc-lets-late-two-goal-slip-away-settles-for-3-3-draw-with-dynamo)

Toronto FC blow two-goal lead, draw Dynamo (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/06/20/toronto_fc_houston_dynamo_recap/)

TFC coughs up road win (http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/21/tfc-coughs-up-road-win)

TFC Related Blogs !!

(http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?29582-TFC-MLS-blogs-thread)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshine-girl)

(http://www.torontofc.ca/video)

Technorgasm
06-21-2012, 07:05 AM
Mariner is the best thing to happen to this club since we got a franchise.
LOVE HIM!
has restored my love and passion for the club.
win lose or lose or fail.
Behind him 100%
Wants the lads to play mroe direct, England style football.
4-4-2
a spitting puit bull on teh sidelines,. his energy broadcast onto each player on the pitch.
can we save the season? prob not.
but who cares. . Football is back in Toronto.

Globetrotter
06-21-2012, 07:48 AM
^would you have had the same response if you were watching the game on mute instead of listening to the commentary?

__wowza
06-21-2012, 07:48 AM

but he dresses like my uncle, and my uncles in jail for mail fraud!!

Eastend
06-21-2012, 07:57 AM
Most exciting TFC game I've watched in a while. Going in we would have taken the point but given what happened it's a downer as we lost 2 points. I was expecting the collapse the last 20 minutes or so, as I'm sure most people were, with the way Houston kept attacking then being given the ball back by Toronto. I know our bench was limited but subs should have come in sooner.

Very frustrating to support this club.

Dom

p.s. At the end of the day, It's Gerry's fault.....douchbag.

Technorgasm
06-21-2012, 08:21 AM
but he dresses like my uncle, and my uncles in jail for mail fraud!!

HE looks like a convict.
HE barks like a pitbull
HE plays like a champion

C.Ronaldo
06-21-2012, 08:57 AM
guys, we punted the ball back up field for 40 minutes.......what was exciting about that?

all that work on passing was thrown out the window....at least look for someone to pass to

v00d00daddy
06-21-2012, 09:09 AM
LOVE HIM!
has restored my love and passion for the club.
win lose or lose or fail.
Behind him 100%
Wants the lads to play mroe direct, England style football.
4-4-2
a spitting puit bull on teh sidelines,. his energy broadcast onto each player on the pitch.
can we save the season? prob not.
but who cares. . Football is back in Toronto.

It's awesome that it's renewed your passion in the team but if it's the route we're going down I'll be done with this team.

And I won't even feel bad leaving because, frankly, I don't care if its TFC or team Canada. I refuse to watch and support that brand of football.

Greatest Ripoff
06-21-2012, 09:39 AM
guys, we punted the ball back up field for 40 minutes.......what was exciting about that?

exactly. You think if they had bothered to hold onto the ball and passed it, then the game might have ended before Houston tied it up and they would have 3 points. The second half was very poor.

Fort York Redcoat
06-21-2012, 09:42 AM

all that work on passing was thrown out the window....at least look for someone to pass to

I'd say that's harsh. You're right the triangles were thrown out the last 40 when it was "batten down the hatches" time but I saw a lot of great passing when we had the energy and momentum the first 50.

If I had to lay blame I'd look at how late the sub was when we were getting pelted with crosses and barely keeping up on the back corners. Shame, really because it was 5-10 mins too late.

Dbl_D
06-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Most exciting TFC game I've watched in a while. Going in we would have taken the point but given what happened it's a downer as we lost 2 points. I was expecting the collapse the last 20 minutes or so, as I'm sure most people were, with the way Houston kept attacking then being given the ball back by Toronto. I know our bench was limited but subs should have come in sooner.

Very frustrating to support this club.

Dom

p.s. At the end of the day, It's Gerry's fault.....douchbag.

Im glad you blamed it on Gerry ... because, as always, with most Toronto fans (as I've said before) the reason we fail is this mentality "I was expecting the collapse the last 20 minutes or so"... (collective conscience)

we need a winning mentality here, if we're ever going to progress something again... never during the world series did i hear someone say oh i thought they were going to blow it... we all thought and hope for wins... look at all those article headlines "negative negative negative" I hate this ... Toronto media sucks and you f'n Toronto fans suck, because of this we are a city of negative whiners its painful to watch any sports here... those article headlines could have been something like "TFC 'steals' a point in Houston" "Houston police 3, dynamo 3, TFC 3" .. then if you want to whine about blowing the lead say it in the article... there's no way any of you ever thought we are going to even get a point last night... so this is a positive result, nothing negative... come on if you want to be negative move to Montreal and bash Toronto all you want... we cheer for the red always... whine at the end of the season and don't renew your tickets...

ManUtd4ever
06-21-2012, 09:48 AM
In light of the shortened bench, I agree that Mariner should have switched to a 5 man back line much earlier with a 2 goal lead in the second half.

denime
06-21-2012, 09:54 AM
In light of the shortened bench, I agree that Mariner should have switched to a 5 man back line much earlier with a 2 goal lead in the second half.

And who fault it is that we had shortened bench,who is responsible to make sure he has enough players on the bench?

Game is 90 minutes long + added time, not 50-60 min.

ManUtd4ever
06-21-2012, 09:59 AM
And who fault it is that we had shortened bench,who is responsible to make sure he has enough players on the bench?

Game is 90 minutes long + added time, not 50-60 min.

I don't understand why TFC didn't fly in any reinforcements from the reserve team prior to the match either.

jabbronies
06-21-2012, 10:01 AM
glad for the point, glad to see goals going in for us.
Danny K was in form - finally! Hopefully it continues.

Last night reinforced the fact that our backline is shit. Plain and simple. That's why we lost. Nothing else. Look at the game again and you'll see our D diving in recklessly like children and not clearing the ball or marking the men they should've been. Those are 4 guys with no leader. Their shape is poor and most of that barrage was due to the fact they couldn't hold strong as a unit.

Super
06-21-2012, 10:09 AM
we need a winning mentality here.

Sure, it would be nice to have a winning mentality, but how do you get one when you're 1 and 10? (Well, 1-1-10 now)

denime
06-21-2012, 10:10 AM
I don't understand why TFC didn't fly in any reinforcements from the reserve team prior to the match either.

I think we should ask that Mariner,or some of media guys reading this forum should ask him that question.WHY?

is it possible that he thought he can finish the game in Houston with 3 players on the bench,he was there since Sunday,he knew how high is the temperature and humidity,maybe he simply underestimated the whole thing.

Well,we got 1 point not that 1 point will change a lot for this season except to give our boys some confidence for future games.

And TFC definitely needs a very good psychiatrist and psychologist on the bench and locker room,ASAP.

DoubleUp
06-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Im glad you blamed it on Gerry ... because, as always, with most Toronto fans (as I've said before) the reason we fail is this mentality "I was expecting the collapse the last 20 minutes or so"... (collective conscience)

The losing mentality is something Toronto sports fans have to conquer, it permeates through out our clubs and makes excuses for failure.

Oldtimer
06-21-2012, 12:21 PM
I think we should ask that Mariner,or some of media guys reading this forum should ask him that question.WHY?

Could be a league thing. In the book the "Beckham Experiment," Grant Wahl indicated that at that time, the league paid for most travel, so they were highly restrictive about what you could do, as they were always trying to cut costs, so teams were flying economy. There were a few exceptions to the rules. I don't know if its changed since then, probably not though.

(CCL matches, not being league matches are exempt from the rules, and are paid for by the team, so they fly charter for those. I would expect the same to apply for USOC/Voyageurs Cup matches).

Flying out some more players would then require special permission from the league. Since the problem was caused by TFC's own players, it would be unlikely that the league would want to pick up the cost.

ManUtd4ever
06-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Could be a league thing. In the book the "Beckham Experiment," Grant Wahl indicated that at that time, the league paid for most travel, so they were highly restrictive about what you could do, as they were always trying to cut costs, so teams were flying economy. There were a few exceptions to the rules. I don't know if its changed since then, probably not though.

(CCL matches, not being league matches are exempt from the rules, and are paid for by the team, so they fly charter for those. I would expect the same to apply for USOC/Voyageurs Cup matches).

Flying out some more players would then require special permission from the league. Since the problem was caused by TFC's own players, it would be unlikely that the league would want to pick up the cost.

I had a feeling it was likely due to league imposed financial constraints. If that was the case, it seems bush league.

ArmenJBX
06-21-2012, 01:58 PM
glad for the point, glad to see goals going in for us.
Danny K was in form - finally! Hopefully it continues.

Last night reinforced the fact that our backline is shit. Plain and simple. That's why we lost. Nothing else. Look at the game again and you'll see our D diving in recklessly like children and not clearing the ball or marking the men they should've been. Those are 4 guys with no leader. Their shape is poor and most of that barrage was due to the fact they couldn't hold strong as a unit.

Believe it or not, most of our backline are children.

FootieChick
06-21-2012, 02:36 PM
http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?32124-Gala-tonight-Boardwalk-in-the-BEACHES&p=1503103#post1503103

GALA - Premier League

Eastend
06-21-2012, 03:24 PM

we need a winning mentality here, if we're ever going to progress something again... never during the world series did i hear someone say oh i thought they were going to blow it... we all thought and hope for wins... look at all those article headlines "negative negative negative" I hate this ... Toronto media sucks and you f'n Toronto fans suck, because of this we are a city of negative whiners its painful to watch any sports here... those article headlines could have been something like "TFC 'steals' a point in Houston" "Houston police 3, dynamo 3, TFC 3" .. then if you want to whine about blowing the lead say it in the article... there's no way any of you ever thought we are going to even get a point last night... so this is a positive result, nothing negative... come on if you want to be negative move to Montreal and bash Toronto all you want... we cheer for the red always... whine at the end of the season and don't renew your tickets...

1 - Blame it on Gerry is a joke, can't stand the guy.....really?

2 - I'm not on the field and as far as I can tell, my thoughts and feelings aren't transmitted via the TV to the players. The way the game was going, if you weren't on edge expecting Houston to score then I have to call you on that and say Bullshit!!! I understand fans are important but we are not the reason teams fail, the team and hiarchy are the reason teams fail.

Dom

Eastend
06-21-2012, 03:34 PM
And yes, it's good we got a point, BUT we had all 3 with less then 15 to go. Ask the players, they're pissed also. Guaranteed.

T-boy
06-21-2012, 06:17 PM
The Sun's headline is almost as good as the New York Posts "USA Win's 1-1"!

denime
06-21-2012, 08:22 PM
The Sun's headline is almost as good as the New York Posts "USA Win's 1-1"!

What's wrong with Sun headlines? TFC coughed up road win last night,like it or not but when you lead 3-1 ,15 Min.before end of the game and you don't win,how would you call that?

Dbl_D
06-22-2012, 03:17 PM
And yes, it's good we got a point, BUT we had all 3 with less then 15 to go. Ask the players, they're pissed also. Guaranteed.

of course pissed at losing the three points but the negativity of yesterdays headlines has been vindicated with today's article headlines...

we all dislike Gerry haha... (though he could be an example for "thoughts and feelings are transmitted via the TV to the players" affecting play... )

the collective losing mentality permeates through Toronto, poor performance expected/accepted here... I'm not saying we affect the match through the tv and our minds, but I'm saying the negative "thought" always 'appears' in the 'Toronto brain' therefore it is also in the minds of the players and this definitely affects their performance especially at those key times... I continually have to call/stop my SSH neighbors from saying/thinking this 'shit'

until we eliminate this thought pattern and change to a winning thought pattern we are doomed

ps there are studies on how thought can actually affect environment... an example http://www.fourmilab.ch/rpkp/experiments/ :)