PDA

View Full Version : Huckerby wanted California and Grass: Confirmation

DigzTFC!
07-14-2008, 10:24 AM
http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=115555

"Obviously they [Toronto] had first rights on me but they play on astroturf and train on astroturf and it was a big doubt in my mind. But don't get me wrong they are a great club and have world class facilities.

'To be honest it's a really nice living culture in California, the average temperature is 25 degrees all year round and it's the safest place to live in America - it's like the Norwich of the States.'

"I was never going to go back on my word. No, no, even if it meant retiring which two or three weeks ago looked possible when things were unclear.

not sure this is attitude you want with a player....but it confirms what we all thought

Ossington Mental Youth
07-14-2008, 10:24 AM
Fuck him.
Not bothered.

'safest place in america'
thats not really saying much.

RealG-TFC
07-14-2008, 10:26 AM
LOl what a fucking goof, I'm glad we didn't sign him.

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 10:27 AM
AstroTurf? That stuff is a thing of the past.

rocker
07-14-2008, 10:28 AM
i see, so the bias against Fieldturf works now as a way to weed out the guys who don't have the fire in their belly :)

Kevvv
07-14-2008, 10:58 AM
It was a doubt on his mind - but he doesn't say that was the deciding factor. The next paragraph gives the real reason:

To be honest it's a really nice living culture in California, the average temperature is 25 degrees all year round

Even if we got real grass, we're not getting 25 degrees year-round anytime soon. Celsius or Fahrenheit.

DigzTFC!
07-14-2008, 11:00 AM
i see, so the bias against Fieldturf works now as a way to weed out the guys who don't have the fire in their belly :)

It seems outlandish but Huckbery's not helping his case:

- Went to the worst team in the league
- Decision process:grass, living environment, temperature
- Close to retiring a few weeks ago

I would probably not be so harsh on the guy if he'd selected a playoff team, but he went for the absolute worst team in the league. Their "normal" facilities are a slight improvement on KC's ballpark. What's even more ironic is that him and ROB will probably be playing against us this weekend.

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 11:00 AM
^^ Exactly. Remember he will be training on FieldTurf that's worse than ours, 3+ times a week.

Jay P
07-14-2008, 11:04 AM
hmm earthquakes and mass forest fires or winter, spring, summer and fall.

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 11:06 AM
^^ Nobody said he was taking breathing conditions into consideration. ;)

Fiin
07-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Huckerby can shove his San jose up his ass, and Ronnie O can follw right behind.

Smenge
07-14-2008, 11:13 AM
I thought British players were supposed to be able to tough it out. This guy wants to take surfing lessons on his days off, and will probably be seen sporting crocs while he drinks his ice cappucino's at gay-friendly restaurants in SJ.

ilikemusic
07-14-2008, 11:21 AM
He is obviously looking for a place to retire. We should consider ourselves lucky.

Shaughno
07-14-2008, 11:23 AM
^^ Agreed, I was only excited when there were no other names being tossed around. Now that names like Gomes and Sukur are being used.. fuck Hucks.

Rocco
07-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Sounds to me like he wants to retire. Maybe going to SJ is like an early retirement. They won't get a season out of him. He's gonna be "injured" fairly soon ;)

Chevy
07-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Sounds to me like he wants to retire. Maybe going to SJ is like an early retirement. They won't get a season out of him. He's gonna be "injured" fairly soon ;)

Not that I condone it, but that sounds like a pretty sweet plan. :cool:

Mango Kid
07-14-2008, 11:36 AM
I can do without Fuckerby, but the turf issue is clearly a concern to players and if it is a deciding factor, or a factor at all, then TFC has a problem it needs to address going forward.

If the Leafs were left out of the mix because players didn't like the ice - and there has been plenty of that talk in the past at the ACC - you can bet your ass they'd be doing something about it. Shame there are roadblocks to doing the same here and getting grass in.

kitchener-TFC
07-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Now that names like Gomes and Sukur are being used.. fuck Hucks.
Exactly.

Alixir
07-16-2008, 01:51 PM
it's the safest place to live in America
sure did his fuckin homework on that one.

Jay P
07-16-2008, 01:53 PM
I can do without Fuckerby, but the turf issue is clearly a concern to players and if it is a deciding factor, or a factor at all, then TFC has a problem it needs to address going forward.

If the Leafs were left out of the mix because players didn't like the ice - and there has been plenty of that talk in the past at the ACC - you can bet your ass they'd be doing something about it. Shame there are roadblocks to doing the same here and getting grass in.

i remember reading the leafs put in a new cooling system or something like that at the acc last yaer to help with the ice conditions