PDA

View Full Version : Pre/In/Post match TFC @ Houston: 3 - 3

Pages : [1] 2

Oldtimer
06-19-2012, 07:09 AM
So here is PM's second match as boss. Will we see a turnaround for TFC?

http://www.timescolonist.com/6802594.bin
My guess is, probably not. My scoreline, 2-0 Houston.

ryan
06-19-2012, 08:01 AM
3-1. We'll get a goal but show no sign of proper defending still.

Fort York Redcoat
06-19-2012, 08:02 AM
I will be astounded if the team can do any worse than Sat. My number one focus will be cohesion. I won't predict a score out of superstition but they must be working on what to do without the ball.

Canary10
06-19-2012, 08:03 AM
I think it'll be a tighter game than Saturday. Houston has trouble scoring. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them score off a set piece, as that's their specialty and our achilles heel. I'm going to be optimistic and guess a 1-1 draw.

Beach_Red
06-19-2012, 08:13 AM
If ever there was a game TFC was poised to win, it's this one - road game, drunken bar fights, short rest, new coach - really, a recipe for success.

But it'll be close, 2-1 TFC.

Nuvinho
06-19-2012, 08:58 AM
They will use the heat and this incident as an excuse in Houston and lose 3-1. DK scores tho.

Initial B
06-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Houston has the same finishing problems as TFC, but have a really tight defence. I'll say 2-0 Houston, since a visit from Toronto seems to cure whatever scoring ailments a team is suffering from.

ManUtd4ever
06-19-2012, 09:47 AM
The boys will respond well to the latest debacle.

2-1 TFC.

ag futbol
06-19-2012, 10:01 AM
"He gets up and down the touch line like he's running from the cops!"

Just One Man
06-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Here comes a victory. I can sense it. Andy Welsh will return from the grave to score for TFC and show the lads his spinning-wavy arm dance.

Side note: just watched a youtube clip of TFC's best goal in 2007. It really is sad how much better that team was than, well, probably any team we have ever had.

Oldtimer
06-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Side note: just watched a youtube clip of TFC's best goal in 2007. It really is sad how much better that team was than, well, probably any team we have ever had.

ummm. no. Take a look at the stat book.

jrober38
06-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Houston are undefeated since moving into their new pad, sporting a 3-0-1 record.

Dynamo win 2-0.

Couchy81
06-19-2012, 12:41 PM
DK scores, our D lets in a softy, 1-1.

Looking forward to seeing the new Houston stadium in action. That place looks sweet.

Richard
06-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Frings will show how real men drink leading to a "German hangover" the next day. Frings will play like he is 25 and score two world class goals with a tribute to Silva's late dad during his celbration.

AMEN!

Derko
06-19-2012, 05:50 PM
I would like to see TFC play and yes Win, Lose or Draw as a TEAM, You would think they would learn from the Netherlands fiasco at the European Championships that individuals, no matter how good they may be, will never be successful, you must first be a team and then you become winners, at least play like you give a fuck about the crest, your team mates and your supporters.
1-1 draw

Soccerpro
06-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Houston win 2-0.

We still have no speed up front, refuse to play any creative CM's and are terrible on D and set pieces. I look forward to counting the number of times Ecks boots the ball to no one up the wing.

brad
06-19-2012, 09:16 PM
We will have 3 outfield subs on the bench...

Asif Hossain ‏@asifintoronto (https://twitter.com/#%21/asifintoronto) As you've heard, the bench thin for #TorontoFC (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23TorontoFC) tomorrow. With Cann injured, only three available subs + Roberts (GK). #TFC (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23TFC) #MLS (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23MLS)

What Asif? No mention of the other reason why two other players aren't on the bench?

Auzzy
06-19-2012, 09:44 PM
^ Correct. As per Mariner http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2012/06/19/paul-mariner-june-19-2012

the TFC 3 are currently not with the team, likely sent back to Toronto, so they're not available to play. Not sure if Williams will be available as a sub -- in other interviews from yesterday, they said he might be.

What I don't understand: TFC has a much bigger roster than that. Can't they stick three of the other guys that they left in Toronto, onto a plane to get them to Houston? There are at least 5 scheduled flights per day, Toronto - Houston, and the flight only take 2 to 3 hours. They could have already been there tonight. I don't get it.

denime
06-19-2012, 09:52 PM
^ Correct. As per Mariner http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2012/06/19/paul-mariner-june-19-2012

the TFC 3 are currently not with the team, likely sent back to Toronto, so they're not available to play. Not sure if Williams will be available as a sub -- in other interviews from yesterday, they said he might be.

What I don't understand: TFC has a much bigger roster than that. Can't they stick three of the other guys that they left in Toronto, onto a plane to get them to Houston? There are at least 5 scheduled flights per day, Toronto - Houston, and the flight only take 2 to 3 hours. They could have already been there tonight. I don't get it.

Mariner is not Winter,he does not believe in our youngsters,pragmatist like him will have short roster with more experience players in order to win a game or two to save his and Anlemi's ass.This is why we will have 3 players on the bench tomorrow and boys that were brought up from academy will end up in CSL.

TFC USA
06-19-2012, 10:14 PM
We have no chance.

2-0.

Ajax TFC
06-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Mariner is not Winter,he does not believe in our youngsters,pragmatist like him will have short roster with more experience players in order to win a game or two to save his and Anlemi's ass.This is why we will have 3 players on the bench tomorrow and boys that were brought up from academy will end up in CSL.
I just dont get how he could rate almost half the roster as being worse than an empty spot on the bench. Fuuuck

Greatest Ripoff
06-19-2012, 11:51 PM
I just dont get how he could rate almost half the roster as being worse than an empty spot on the bench. Fuuuck

Things just get worse with TFC. I bet Dunfield starts almost every game for the rest of the season.

ManUtd4ever
06-20-2012, 07:33 AM
With Adrian Cann aggravating his previous knee injury in KC and Aceval suspended, it looks like either Harden or Williams will step in on the back line.

ManUtd4ever
06-20-2012, 07:39 AM

With all due respect Denime, you really have no basis to make such a statement. Morgan, Henry, and Silva all played significant minutes against SKC under Mariner's direction.

Greatest Ripoff
06-20-2012, 07:49 AM
With all due respect Denime, you really have no basis to make such a statement. Morgan, Henry, and Silva all played significant minutes against SKC under Mariner's direction.

Mariner choose to start only one of them and that was out of necessity. Morgan came in because of an injury and I doubt he would have been subbed on otherwise.

CoachGT
06-20-2012, 07:59 AM
It's about time Harden got another shot. I've thought he looked okay in the early going, better than he ever had for us. He's developed into a serviceable central defender, if mainly depth. I wouldn't read much into the young guys - first game back after international play likely factored into Morgan's not starting.

Morgan, Ecks, Hall and Harden wouldn't be too bad across the back line, although they may use Henry instead of Hall. Bring Williams in for part of the game, after the 60th minute.

JDG and Frings in the middle, Lambe and Avila wide. (Edit - originally posted Aceval - must be the events of the last few days playing on me)

Johnson and Danny K up front, and sub in Plata at about the 60th as well.

Unlikely to see a result but would like to see a more competitive game than Saturday. Houston hasn't lost at home in a year and are in a new stadium. Should be raucous. And the events of the week will probably feed the Houston fans, whether the players involved are there or not.

jrober38
06-20-2012, 08:04 AM

Who were the alternatives to any of those players?

The roster is a mess. He has no choice but to play those guys...

Canary10
06-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Mariner choose to start only one of them and that was out of necessity. Morgan came in because of an injury and I doubt he would have been subbed on otherwise.

Morgan didn't play in any of the qualifying games. The trip to Cuba was weeks ago now. His international commitments weren't part of the decision, or at least a big one.

Ajax TFC
06-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Henry started because there was no one else to start at CB. Morgan only came on for Cann because there were no other CBs. And now if reports are true, we're playing the game tonight with only three subs because Mariner doesn't rate half the squad (including Cordon, Stinson, Burgos, etc.) as being worth bringing along on the road

Ajax TFC
06-20-2012, 09:03 AM
Morgan didn't play in any of the qualifying games. The trip to Cuba was weeks ago now. His international commitments weren't part of the decision, or at least a big one.
not to mention that Johnson actually played during the international break and still started the game on saturday

Canary10
06-20-2012, 09:18 AM
Henry started because there was no one else to start at CB. Morgan only came on for Cann because there were no other CBs. And now if reports are true, we're playing the game tonight with only three subs because Mariner doesn't rate half the squad (including Cordon, Stinson, Burgos, etc.) as being worth bringing along on the road

Why are those guys not travelling with the team? We basically have no bench options tonight, playing in the heat of Texas (which, if it's like here will be sweltering). Wtf?

reggie
06-20-2012, 09:26 AM
1 and 11....we will lose 3 - nil

Ajax TFC
06-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Well, I'm not 100% sure that those guys aren't there, but they weren't on the bench on Saturday and it doesn't sound like Mariner brought anyone else with him on the road since according to reports we only have three guys to sit on the bench, plus I haven't seen any of them in the training pictures.
and to answer your question: I have no idea; try asking Mariner

ManUtd4ever
06-20-2012, 09:29 AM

Who were the alternatives to any of those players?

The roster is a mess. He has no choice but to play those guys...

Against SKC, there were veterans available on the bench such as Harden and Aceval. If Mariner didn't rate them highly enough to play them ahead of our youth, well that just proves my point.

Any reference to Paul Mariner's alleged reluctance to play our youngsters is nothing but pure conjecture at this point in time.

Ajax TFC
06-20-2012, 09:30 AM
well as long as we see improvement right? Maybe we'll kick the ball away more accurately tonight

Canary10
06-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Against SKC, there were veterans available on the bench such as Harden and Aceval. If Mariner didn't rate them highly enough to play them ahead of our youth, well that just proves my point.

Any reference to Paul Mariner's alleged reluctance to play our youngsters is nothing but pure conjecture at this point in time.

At the very least I think we can say he doesn't rate Morgan.

ManUtd4ever
06-20-2012, 09:33 AM
There's still a long way to go. We shall see.

maninb
06-20-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm not predicting a score....but we're going to get thumped....I can see us having a final record of 5-5-28...which I assume is the WORST EVER....

reggie
06-20-2012, 09:46 AM
im done with this team this season,i will be giving my tickets to charity for the rest of the season.

Razor
06-20-2012, 09:50 AM

my prediction as well.

this team is a total clusterfuck.

Ajax TFC
06-20-2012, 09:51 AM

Harden and Aceval have proven that they are horrible. To say that he rates Morgan and Henry higher than those two jokers doesn't say very much. The fact that under Winter Morgan was the starting LB since last summer, but got dropped in his first game under Mariner does say something though.

ManUtd4ever
06-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Harden and Aceval have proven that they are horrible. To say that he rates Morgan and Henry higher than those two jokers doesn't say very much. The fact that under Winter Morgan was the starting LB since last summer, but got dropped in his first game under Mariner does say something though.

What does it say?

Mariner chose to play Hall ahead of Morgan that night, and that decision could be rationalized based on the recent form of both players. Not to mention, Hall is one of our younger players anyway.

Ajax TFC
06-20-2012, 09:54 AM
im done with this team this season,i will be giving my tickets to charity for the rest of the season.
normally if I saw a post like this, I would ask the person to send me a pair for a game or something. I usually don't pass up when I see that someone is giving away their tickets. now however I don't even think it's worth the Viva+TTC fare and trip to see the joke that this team is

tfcfan2011
06-20-2012, 10:01 AM
does anyone know the current procedure for bringing in a 2 stick? i tried a search, and checking the tfc website, but i cant seem to get anything definitive. thanks.

Ajax TFC
06-20-2012, 10:03 AM
What does it say?

Mariner chose to play Hall ahead of Morgan that night, and that decision could be rationalized based on the recent form of both players. Not to mention, Hall is one of our younger players anyway.
Morgan has not been the worst of himself, Hall and Eckersley. Plus 23 isn't really that young by soccer standards. The decision could also come down to Hall not being as willing to go rampaging up the left flank, but I don't think that in Mariner's system Morgan would be doing that too much either. Also, Hall was pretty bad in the last game, as was Eckersley. The two of them combined errors to let in the first goal. Hall let Peterson cross without having to work for it, and Eckersley left his man wide open in the box.

ManUtd4ever
06-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Morgan has not been the worst of himself, Hall and Eckersley. Plus 23 isn't really that young by soccer standards. The decision could also come down to Hall not being as willing to go rampaging up the left flank, but I don't think that in Mariner's system Morgan would be doing that too much either. Also, Hall was pretty bad in the last game, as was Eckersley. The two of them combined errors to let in the first goal. Hall let Peterson cross without having to work for it, and Eckersley left his man wide open in the box.

I don't necessarily disagree with your observations regarding their collective performance that night. My initial point was in reference to the suggestion that Paul Mariner doesn't believe in our youngsters, and the evidence points to the contrary at this point in time.

bigredone
06-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Win or lose, Koevs will score........he wants back in the spotlight.:scarf:

Super
06-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Win tonight and on Saturday, and we'll be 3-10. That's my hope anyway.

Canary10
06-20-2012, 10:16 AM
I don't necessarily disagree with your observations regarding their collective performance that night. My initial point was in reference to the suggestion that Paul Mariner doesn't believe in our youngsters, and the evidence points to the contrary at this point in time.

Yeah, we really can't say that. I do find it odd though that Burgos, Stinson etc. are not travelling with team. Or at the very least that they're not being flown in now that we only have 3 people on the bench.

CoachGT
06-20-2012, 10:18 AM

I suspect that it might have been. When most of the practices Mariner ran were about the new defensive set up and responsibilities, his absence from those practices would certainly play into the decision whether to start him or not. He wouldn't have had the same time to review/learn nor the same chance to actually run through things as they would have been in a practice.

Would have been more of a factor for Morgan and JDG than it would have been for Johnson.

Ajax TFC
06-20-2012, 10:26 AM
perhaps you are right and I'm overreacting. For me it's more of a sign than evidence. the fact that the only player dropped from the starting XI was Morgan, and the fact that half the squad didn't travel is alarming to me though

Canary10
06-20-2012, 10:29 AM
I suspect that it might have been. When most of the practices Mariner ran were about the new defensive set up and responsibilities, his absence from those practices would certainly play into the decision whether to start him or not. He wouldn't have had the same time to review/learn nor the same chance to actually run through things as they would have been in a practice.

Would have been more of a factor for Morgan and JDG than it would have been for Johnson.

May have been a factor, but not the main one. The first practice was Monday, the last Canadian qualifying game was Tuesday. If Mariner wasn't confident that Morgan as a left back couldn't seamlessly slot himself into the most basic formation in all of football, then it just proves my point that he doesn't rate him.

thefreestyla
06-20-2012, 12:47 PM
my prediction as well.

this team is a total clusterfuck.

You mean Total Fuster Cluck?

They probably meant Total Clusterfuck but even screwed that up.

Walms
06-20-2012, 12:56 PM

Hi reggie, my name is "charity" it's nice to meet you! ;-)

Walms
06-20-2012, 01:08 PM
It's going to be a vary intersted game tonight,
I'm excited/nervous to see if our defense can weather the storm coming our way! If TFC can keep a clean sheet in the first half I think we got a chance to steal one on the break threw Danny via Ryan

I would like to see Morgon back in the starting 11, and I hope that Paul sticks with Henry in the center and pairs him with Decoy/Ty, but we will find out soon!

joeyjones
06-20-2012, 02:04 PM
no Harden on the trip, it will either be Ecks or Dicoy in the middle

ManUtd4ever
06-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Based on who's available, I would like to see a backline of:

Eckersley-Henry-Williams-Morgan

Abou Sky
06-20-2012, 02:27 PM
All I have to say is: This is a MUST win game...

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

TFC07
06-20-2012, 04:31 PM
What does it say?

Guess what? That was a bad decision by Mariner. When Morgan got in, TFC played and defended better on left side on the pitch.

This is why I don't have much confidence for Mariner.

Fort York Redcoat
06-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Guess what? That was a bad decision by Mariner. When Morgan got in, TFC played and defended better on left side on the pitch.

This is why I don't have much confidence for Mariner.

if your basing your confidence on one game. The first game. I don't have much confidence in your analysis.

That said, I agree with the Left being better with Morgan than Hall but by then it was already a shitshow.

Hall started on the right, by minute 3 had flipped with Eckers who was half way up the pitch scrambling half the time pushing.

I don't know how Hall had that one amazing game but clearly he, and most others, could not adapt to a change in the gameplan.

Suds
06-20-2012, 06:56 PM
2-2. I get the feeling we will come out pushing to get an early goal. We will get the lead but our short bench and typical defensive problems will expose us yet again. The Dynastrocketexans will tie the game.

mowe
06-20-2012, 07:15 PM
(https://twitter.com/#%21/torontofc) #TorontoFC (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23TorontoFC) XI: Kocic; Hall, Eckersley, Henry, Morgan; Avila, de Guzman, Frings, Dunfield; Johnson, Koevermans. #TFCLive (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23TFCLive) #MLS (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23MLS)

Ecks as a CB, Morgan's back.

brad
06-20-2012, 07:26 PM
4-0 Houston.

jloome
06-20-2012, 07:27 PM
We're going to try and bunker for the first half, then bring in lambe and plata late, hope the heat makes speed a deciding late factor. Only way to playout this lineup, I think.

ryan
06-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Dunfield. Ugh. He's not even good enough to start an RPB kickabout.

Cue a tweet from Rollins talking about how we all don't know shit and Dunfield is legit out there.

Benficachop20
06-20-2012, 07:37 PM
De guz, Frings, and Duncefield. Basically 3 defensive mids, no wonder we don't score goals. Only 4 subs is a complete joke and insult to the players he left out, wats so bad about bringing in guys like Cordon, Burgos, and Stinson? u might as well start these guys and see how they look plus give them experience, it's not like we have anything to play for.

jloome
06-20-2012, 07:41 PM

Cue a tweet from Rollins talking about how we all don't know shit and Dunfield is legit out there.

Just check his stats from the last game. Horrific. Completed 20 of 35 passes, just over 50%, and lost the ball 16 times. Fucking horrific player at this level. Like playing Andy Welsh in central mid.

AlanO
06-20-2012, 07:44 PM
The backline has a RB playing CB, partnered by a 19-year old.
The midfield has three DMs, two of whom are underachievers and the third is probably playing his final season.
One striker is out of gas, and the other is coming back from injury.

On the bench is a teenage goalkeeper, a CB who hasn't played in a year, and two forwards who don't really fit the formation and whose combined height barely exceeds 10 feet.

This is gonna be a bloodbath.

SirBobSaget
06-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Would anyone bet on TFC given 8-1 odds? Shows how bad my faith is I doesn't see any value in that offer. When TFC were 7-1 to win in LA I gladly and confidently put the bet down.

DOMIN8R
06-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Can anyone provide a stream? MLS live has blacked out the GTA again. Thanks in advance.

jloome
06-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Can anyone provide a stream? MLS live has blacked out the GTA again. Thanks in advance.

It's on TSN if you can find a stream. Atdhe nearly always has one. AlanO, that reads like the blurb to a Bad News Bears sequel lol

SirBobSaget
06-20-2012, 08:05 PM
The backline has a RB playing CB, partnered by a 19-year old.
The midfield has three DMs, two of whom are underachievers and the third is probably playing his final season.
One striker is out of gas, and the other is coming back from injury.

On the bench is a teenage goalkeeper, a CB who hasn't played in a year, and two forwards who don't really fit the formation and whose combined height barely exceeds 10 feet.

This is gonna be a bloodbath.

Not to mention Houston has been at home this week, TFC on the road since last week. PLUS!!! its going to be hot and humid and TFC doesn't seemed concerned about having options on the bench.

ryan
06-20-2012, 08:05 PM

www.thefirstrow.eu

AlanO
06-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Stream:
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/127429/1/watch-houston-dynamo-vs-toronto-fc.html

AlanO, that reads like the blurb to a Bad News Bears sequel lol
:) I left out the part about the opponent being a MLS cup finalist last year..

DaBandit
06-20-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm going say 3-1 Houston.. With this heat you probably would want a few more options on your bench.. This club is such a joke, 3 players on the bench..

denime
06-20-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm going say 3-1 Houston.. With this heat you probably would want a few more options on your bench.. This club is such a joke, 3 players on the bench..

ML$E run out of $$$$ building the condos so they could not afford tickets for 3 extra players to fly to Houston.

I can smell ST price hike for next year so that we can have 18 players on away games.

BTW first 5 minutes do not look promising at all.

jloome
Wow, did Eckersley ever blow the read on that.

WestStandGeoff
Fuck this is starting to look like we're in for a long game.

v00d00daddy
06-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Ahhh wonderful. Koevermans looking for support only to look over his shoulder and see...

Terry FUCKING Dunfield in support. LOL

DaBandit
06-20-2012, 08:19 PM
ML$E run out of $$$$ building the condos so they could not afford tickets for 3 extra players to fly to Houston.

I can smell ST price hike for next year so that we can have 18 players on away games.

BTW first 5 minutes do not look promising at all.

Ya bud, its pathetic.. I believe someone mentioned yesterday that there are like 5 flights a day to Houston. When the three were sent home yesterday, three others should have been dispatched immediately. At least pretend your a professional club for the other players sake at. This move once again makes the entire club look Mickey mouse... But really none should be surprised by this.

Cheers,

WestStandGeoff
06-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Wow - nice cross from Dunfield!!!

Oldtimer
At least Vancouver is playing after this so there will be some good football tonight.

jloome
Goal! Right on!

Good start.

maxpower
06-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Holy fuck, first bounce thats gone our way all season.

AlanO
Hall!

Thought that was gonna be another post-to-post-and-out, but trickled in

Oldtimer
Amazing. The worst team in the world is ahead!

Looks more like a lucky goal than amazing skill.

Yohan
Lol. Both posts again

tfcfans
06-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Well there is a surprise!

ChrisFizik
06-20-2012, 08:23 PM
thought it was going to be another cursed double-post! but not this time! haha
Nice.

Hall looked so happy.

AlanO
06-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Johnson did well to get out of the way of the shot

v00d00daddy
06-20-2012, 08:25 PM
That's a great break that we needed. Hope they keep it going.

jloome
06-20-2012, 08:25 PM
We`re playing a diamond and one and the cover`s working pretty well so far

denime
06-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Finally that ball bounced once in our favor.

Skill or not we are 1-0 up,I wouldn't mind one more even if it's own goal from Houston defender. :)

maxpower
06-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Ecks looking really good at cb, our diamond midfield controlling the middle.

So, not horrible so far.

Brooker
06-20-2012, 08:28 PM
He put Eckersley in a headlock and no call? Should never have gotten to a corner.

ChrisFizik
06-20-2012, 08:29 PM
what a header. bloody hell.

WestStandGeoff
That didn't take long...

v00d00daddy
Question for the officials in the group.

Is Ryan Johnson considered in an offside position on the shot when he jumps over it?

Not sure about the specifics of the rule. Cause my initial reaction was that Houston felt it was offside.

And......Houston scores LOL

PS..shut it people about Eckersley and his CB prowess LOL

ryan
so much for that

Super
Ecks is too short to get that one.

maxpower
Never mind, eckersley's man lost on the corner, 1-1.

denime
We`re playing a diamond and one and the cover`s working pretty well so far

If we keep playing 442 diamond,it can be called minor tweak,and I think we can live with that,everything but boot.

And while I was writing again corner kick goal,FFS how difficult is to cover your own man? :(

jloome
Gotta get a body in his way. Jeez.

Oldtimer
That lead lasted, what 5 minutes? :facepalm:

ryan
anyone marking that guy? cmon now.

Brooker
06-20-2012, 08:30 PM
What a goal. Oh my god.

jloome
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

That was fuckin`sweet!

AlanO
well this isn't boring. Koev!

ryan
Lolololololol

WestStandGeoff
06-20-2012, 08:31 PM
I take it back... that didn't take long either!!!!!

denime
Ecks looking really good at cb, our diamond midfield controlling the middle.

So, not horrible so far.

LOL at ECKS good CB and

2-1 KOEV :)

Oldtimer
This game is beyond unbelievable. Good goal!

v00d00daddy
Now that's a goal.

Nice build up and hold up by Johnson...great ball across from Avila and good job by Koevermans to stay onside

Brooker
Why Henry? Why?

tfcfans
06-20-2012, 08:32 PM
It isn't boring - you can say that at least.....although I don't think 2-1 is going to be the final line on this one.......

WestStandGeoff
06-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Barely 20 minutes in, and we've already scored as many goals as the last 3 games...

ryan
Anyone who ever shits on DK for not being a good DP deserves a slap. All he does is score when fit.

ChrisFizik
Danny K! Entertaining match here so far!

Commentating on TSN is uggggh.... "if you don't believe your eyes, yes, TFC is winning."
"think we've got a spicy match on our hands"
etc

RealG-TFC
I would like to mention that Avila assisted on both goals.

denime
Koev was almost in offside on 2nd goal,we are lucky tonight.

cochrdoc
06-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Way to come back from giving up another goal on a corner.How many is that this year.Why would Toronto not send some more players for the bench on Monday or Tuesday after sending the three stooges back to TO

DaBandit
Sweet goal!!

ryan
BTW Koev was in offside on 2nd goal,we are lucky tonight.

On the pass before scoring? I didn't see it that way. Thought Avila may have been but didn't get a good look.

WestStandGeoff
BTW Koev was in offside on 2nd goal,we are lucky tonight.

Yeah - that certainly blows a hole in the "Toledo hates us" conspiracy.

the-lower-eastsider
06-20-2012, 08:36 PM
how long have the dynamo been using the bro hymn (pennywise) when they score? workie tried to get us doin this over and over to no avail, what, 6 years ago...?

v00d00daddy
Koev was almost in offside on 2nd goal,we are lucky tonight.

I've got it paused on my PVR as we speak and he wasn't off. He was perfectly in line as far as I can tell

Yohan
Even dunfield looks good so far

AlanO
oof, that was close. Avila's on fire tonight. Another great pass.

Oldtimer
06-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Nice miss Dunfield.

ChrisFizik
Toledo must have seen the news about the intoxication and felt sorry for the boys. He knows that situation.

Oldtimer
almost again!

WestStandGeoff
06-20-2012, 08:38 PM
I'm really not used to saying this, but Dunfiled is having a great game so far.

Blizzard
06-20-2012, 08:40 PM

Truth is, Dunfield has looked very good out there tonight.

DaBandit
Say what you will about Danny k, out of shape, slow.. But there is nothing wrong with his strike rate since he was signed..

Oldtimer

Well let's not get too carried away, but he looks decent.

Hall looks quite good too.

Blizzard
06-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Say what you will about Danny k, out of shape, slow.. But there is nothing wrong with his strike rate since he was signed..

Absolutely so. Sadly, the injuries take him out of the line-up too often. Add to that the fact that we don't have a third striker ..............

jloome
06-20-2012, 08:43 PM

He`s working hard. He`s not actually succeeding at anything - when he closes down, it`s always a bit late, when he comes in for the header, it`s wide, when he gets the open look, it`s a soft shot.

His ethic has never been the issue; it`s his final product.

WestStandGeoff
06-20-2012, 08:44 PM

OK... I should have put the disclaimer great *by his standards* at least!

DaBandit
06-20-2012, 08:45 PM
On the pass before scoring? I didn't see it that way. Thought Avila may have been but didn't get a good look.

Avila was clearly onside..

jloome
06-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Fuck Koevermans is quality. So far and away the best forward we`ve ever had (Sorry Danny!)

EDIT: I should say striker.

BritSOL
Happy for the 2nd goal, but why was the pass to Koev not classed as offside?

It was a forward pass to him and he was already in front of the final Houston defender when the ball was played to him

Blizzard
Yeah - that certainly blows a hole in the "Toledo hates us" conspiracy.

He was even with Avila. If he had been ahead of him, then it was offside.

Blowing Bubbles
06-20-2012, 08:48 PM
they sure are going heavy on the "Mariner shows passion and yells at his players" and "he wants them to get stuck in" propaganda

Blizzard
06-20-2012, 08:49 PM
BritSOL wrote: Happy for the 2nd goal, but why was the pass to Koev not classed as offside?

It was a forward pass to him and he was already in front of the final Houston defender when the ball was played to him

As I mentioned elsewhere, as long as he is even with the passer (Avila) he isn't offside. If he was ahead of Avila, yes, then he'd be offside.

ryan
Truth is, Dunfield has looked very good out there tonight.

Aye, he must be reading my posts like the Toronto Star is. :D

denime

I just checked on my PVR and he was a step behind Avila when the ball was crossed,no offside but very close.

Oldtimer

If both players are behind, it's not offside.

DaBandit
06-20-2012, 08:50 PM

I was just thinking this as well. Much better than Saturday when he was playing the left side, which I thought was his worst performance of the year.

jloome
06-20-2012, 08:52 PM

Nope, Avila`s defender followed him back and played Koevermans on.

jloome
06-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Koevermans pulling them apart!

Brooker
Super Danny K!

Blizzard
Fuck Koevermans is quality. So far and away the best forward we`ve ever had (Sorry Danny!)

EDIT: I should say striker.

Four goals in nine appearances, three as a substitute. Only 533 minutes prior to this match.

Edit: Make it five!!!! :)

ryan
Dannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny

AlanO
holy hell!

Koev again, great great ball from JDG

DaBandit
06-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Absolutely so. Sadly, the injuries take him out of the line-up too often. Add to that the fact that we don't have a third striker ..............

Do we even have a second? I like Johnson but he's better out on the wing

ChrisFizik
TFC is going to make us drink more out of superstition from now. (uhh yeah, 'make'..)

ryan
Great cross by JDG there. Suck it haters!

WestStandGeoff
Koev, assisted by DeGuz! Calling all haters...

PopePouri
06-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Total fucking football at last.

v00d00daddy
beautiful. Hat trick please Danny

Yohan
So mariner wasnt smoking crack after all?

Lennon
DANNY, DANNY COOL !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5gNYVia2rg

maxpower
oh dear god, this is some kind of sick joke that somoene with a very deranged sense of humor is playing on us. sir, I ask you to stop, I'm very excitable.

WestStandGeoff
06-20-2012, 08:56 PM
1 more goal, and we'll equal our total in the last 5 league matches.

Oldtimer
Nice brace from Danny.

Nigel: "who could have predicted this?" Not too many, that's for sure.

Houston: You're losing to the worst team in the world.

Super
Total fucking football at last.

You said it!

pawlukj
06-20-2012, 08:57 PM
heck yes, finally the boys are playing , maybe someone read my thread, if the team can play at this level all season long i will be proud

ryan
06-20-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm sure other Canadian fans on the board will know what I mean when I say.....

Gerry Dobson ‏@SNGerryDobson (https://twitter.com/#%21/SNGerryDobson) Might be better to say #TFC (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23TFC) are "leading" at the half as opposed to "winning". These things have a habit of changing. ;)

GOD DAMMIT GERRY SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Couchy81
Danny Koevermans just needs a good pass an he'll put it into the back of the net 90% of the time.

jloome
Anyone put down money on that 8:1 line? Bookies must be sweating in Houston

cochrdoc
06-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Maybe the whole team was out drinking and only 3 got caught.I hope we don`t shit the bed in the second half.Koev buys the next round for the boys on the way home

DaBandit

Damn I'm good I called this score if it holds up.. Oh never mind my bad... Lol

Anyways very pleased with the effort in the 1st half..

Fort York Redcoat
QtxlCsVKkvY

He's Danny Koev...

Beach_Red
06-20-2012, 09:01 PM

There has never been a sportscaster who says so much of that kind of stuff - he must know what he's doing...

Suds
06-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Nice to see we are taking our chances - finally. Houston had two clear chances in the first 7 minutes that could have been goals. Our defense still worries me.

ensco
06-20-2012, 09:02 PM
OK I admit it, I said I wouldn't watch TFC on TV. Guess I picked a good game to break my vow!

First goal was offside on Johnson btw (he leaps over Hall's shot in an offside position)

SirBobSaget
06-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Wow I certainly didn't expect this, in fact I put some money behind Houston to hedge my emotions for this evening .. .so I wouldn't feel so bad when Houston dominated.

But looks like tides are turning.

If anyone wants to contribute to my sportsbook account then I'll gladly continue to bet against TFC and ship them all this luck.

Kilgore Trout
06-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Nigel: "who could have predicted this?" Not too many, that's for sure.

Not sure about that. Although we've been drowned out by the chorus of negativity, and the bizarre level of support for Winter and his ridiculous management, there are, I know, quite a few people aside from myself who knew that TFC needed pragmatism (as any team in the world does) and needed to put its players in a position to win. Paul Mariner was an excellent appointment (though perhaps not the ideal appointment), and although the season is lost thanks to that woeful, woeful manager Winter, TFC will certainly get some results now. I predicted an improvement, as did many others, who, like me, have said that TFC has a competitive MLS side as far as the squad are concerned but were being managed horribly. Kocic said a few weeks ago that "it's not the players" and he was right, and will remain right even if TFC don't put together an excellent rest of season.

As far as this specific game goes, I put down $100 on TFC. Looks like I have a decent chance of winning that bet.

denime
06-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Nope, Avila`s defender followed him back and played Koevermans on.

Not exactly,here it is,close but not offside,I'm surprised MLS ref did not call this offside.

http://i45.tinypic.com/wqu2hi.jpg

jloome
06-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Arlo White doing the Vancouver game? Nigel Reed being sent to Houston? What, is TSN trying to break the Craptacular Canadian Television streak for lousy soccer coverage or something?

DaBandit
06-20-2012, 09:07 PM

Until he learns the game, I don't care what that boob writes or says.. If he's calling a game I mute it, simple as that, than I don't have get annoyed every time he messes up a players name/identity.

Richard
06-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Can someone give me a qucik recap?

jloome
06-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Not exactly,here it is,close but not offside,I'm surprised MLS ref did not call this offside.

http://i45.tinypic.com/wqu2hi.jpg

Hmmm, by that he might have been a step off by the time his foot came through the ball.......

God knows we actually deserve a fucking bad call our way for a change, either way.

Just One Man
06-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Sure, they're up 3-1 on the road, but are they playing attractive football?

:lol:

Oldtimer
06-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Just checked back through the thread... no one predicted 3 goals for TFC, and the majority (myself included) predicted a TFC loss.

DaBandit
06-20-2012, 09:11 PM
OK I admit it, I said I wouldn't watch TFC on TV. Guess I picked a good game to break my vow!

First goal was offside on Johnson btw (he leaps over Hall's shot in an offside position)

Agreed, even though he didn't touch the ball he is in an offside position and interfering with the play.

Corpand
06-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Hall has been on fire since scoring the goal, HUGE boost in confidence, you can see he just knows he is quicker than Brad and takes the ball 90% of the time. Plus great hustle when going up.

Our DP's are actually doing something to turn this team around. 38% possession in the first but no matter, they have been way tighter at the back than Houston.

One thing about Mariner is that he is relatively honest. That feeds the players.

jloome
06-20-2012, 09:12 PM

Okay, I gotta admit, I giggled like a fucker at this

brad
06-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Both goals were onside - they just showed te replays.

Walms
06-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Terry has impressed the hell out of me tonight! He is busting his ass (like he dose in every game) and getting in great positions!

Oldtimer
TSN just showed both games onside on replay, they must be reading this board lol.

maxpower
Can someone give me a qucik recap?

playing a diamond in midfield, sitting deep and hitting them on the break. Hall scored first, Houston equalized minutes later, the koevermans scored two.

ensco
06-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Sorry to repeat, but the first goal was clearly offside. Why is Serioux talking about where Koevs is on the first goal? It's Johnson that was offside and interfering with play.

JamboAl
06-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Arlo White doing the Vancouver game? Nigel Reed being sent to Houston? What, is TSN trying to break the Craptacular Canadian Television streak for lousy soccer coverage or something?

I think they are both pretty good. Who would you want calling these matches instead?

tiberius
Maybe the whole team was out drinking and only 3 got caught.I hope we don`t shit the bed in the second half.Koev buys the next round for the boys on the way home

Finally, we have the winning formula!!! Which three reds need to get arrested before the game on Saturday???
I vote for Julian B. Guzman, Dunceman and Harden!

Oldtimer

They are playing really ugly football, but at least it's not boring 0-0 prekiball.

jloome
06-20-2012, 09:16 PM
I think they are both pretty good. Who would you want calling these matches instead?

Hmmmm.... read that again JamboAl

Richard
06-20-2012, 09:17 PM
playing a diamond in midfield, sitting deep and hitting them on the break. Hall scored first, Houston equalized minutes later, the koevermans scored two.

Thanks.

denime
06-20-2012, 09:17 PM
They are playing really ugly football, but at least it's not boring 0-0 prekiball.

Agree,I can live with this type of ugly football :)

JamboAl
06-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Hmmmm.... read that again JamboAl

Oops, I'm really sorry jloome. I take it back.

2mil4dero+santo
06-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Agreed, even though he didn't touch the ball he is in an offside position and interfering with the play.

it's not the 1980's anymore, please learn what is and what isn't offside before you make a rediculous statement like that.

Blizzard
06-20-2012, 09:21 PM

Arlo is just so, so, so overrated. I can't stand his over the top phony enthusiasm. Nigel is, of course, quite the opposite.

jloome
06-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Oops, I'm really sorry jloome. I take it back.

NP, it's funny though, eh? Finally a network seems to have figured out that the perception of quality helps sell football.

jloome
06-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Arlo is just so, so, so overrated. I can't stand his over the top phony enthusiasm. Nigel is, of course, quite the opposite.

This is true. If we could mix White's play-by-play accuracy with Nigel's calling it straight, we'd have .... John Motson.

ensco
06-20-2012, 09:22 PM
it's not the 1980's anymore, please learn what is and what isn't offside before you make a rediculous statement like that.

It's you who is making the ridiculous statement

jloome
06-20-2012, 09:25 PM

No, he's in the line of play, because he jumps over the shot. That makes him an active participant. Eh, we deserve a break. These usually go against us.

Blizzard
06-20-2012, 09:26 PM
NP, it's funny though, eh? Finally a network seems to have figured out that the perception of quality helps sell football.

And I still say that Arlo sucks. ;)

jloome
06-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Great defending on that. Two guys between Boswell and the net not allowing a good shot.

DaBandit
06-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Sorry to repeat, but the first goal was clearly offside. Why is Serioux talking about where Koevs is on the first goal? It's Johnson that was offside and interfering with play.

Yup offside and interfering.. But we deserve the break for once..

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/webkit-fake-url://C990841E-3A80-4101-8F87-0C472E1C8C88/imagejpeg

v00d00daddy
06-20-2012, 09:28 PM
If kocic isnt careful Toledo is going to card him for time wasting.

ryan
06-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Dunfield really working the clock on this one.

flamehawk
Dunfield down. I don't get why we didn't fly Stinson and Cordon out for this game? Would be a good opportunity to give them some minutes. Hardly seen Stinson play this year.

v00d00daddy
Wasting that time embellishing is the most positive contribution Dunfields made in games. Lol

DaBandit
06-20-2012, 09:34 PM

The only change in the offsite rule since the 80's that I know of, is that you can be in an offside position as long as you are not interfering with the play...

If I knew how to put a picture up using my iPad I would post a picture that clearly shows Johnson in direct line with the keeper jumping over the ball, that my friend is interfering with the play, thus offside.. Your welcome.

Cheers

Blizzard
06-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Wasting that time embellishing is the most positive contribution Dunfields made in games. Lol

If he hadn't been playing so well today, that might have been worth a smile. As it were ........

Technorgasm
06-20-2012, 09:35 PM
LoVe mariner and his activity on the sidelines. He truly is the 13th man. Bringing a more direct ..dare I say it ENGLISH style to the squad. Was the right man from the start.
Get in Paul.
I'm behind you 100%
He will repay our faith and strengthen our resolve.
Doom mongers be damned.

Suds
06-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Yup offside and interfering.. But we deserve the break for once..

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/webkit-fake-url://C990841E-3A80-4101-8F87-0C472E1C8C88/imagejpeg

From FIFA's offside training on Active Play. Neither happened when Johnson jumped over the shot. The goalie could clearly see it. In the refs opinion it didn't distract the goalie.

Its not offside by the rule of the game.

Play
“Interfering with an opponent” means:
Preventing an opponent from playing or being able toplay the ball. For example, by clearly obstructing thegoalkeeper’s line of vision or movement.
Making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion ofthe referee, deceives or distracts an opponent

habstfc
06-20-2012, 09:37 PM
The only change in the offsite rule since the 80's that I know of, is that you can be in an offside position as long as you are not interfering with the play...

If I knew how to put a picture up using my iPad I would post a picture that clearly show Johnson in direct line with the keep jumping over the ball, that my friend is interfering with the play, thus offside.. Your welcome.

Cheers It showed the replay 10 times the keeper had full vision to track the shot, thus not interfering and not offside It's a moot point, goal stands how ever any of us want to intrepret the goal or rule.

flatpicker
06-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Anyone got a stream for this game?
I'm not around a tv right now.

ryan
06-20-2012, 09:40 PM
*gulp*

DaBandit
06-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Shit..

jloome
06-20-2012, 09:41 PM
From FIFA's offside training on Active Play. Neither happened when Johnson jumped over the shot. The goalie could clearly see it. In the refs opinion it didn't distract the goalie.

Its not offside by the rule of the game.

Play
“Interfering with an opponent” means:

Preventing an opponent from playing or being able toplay the ball. For example, by clearly obstructing thegoalkeeper’s line of vision or movement.
Making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion ofthe referee, deceives or distracts an opponent.

You don't think jumping over the shot is "making a....movement that deceives or distracts an opponent"? Eh.... arguable.

Oldtimer
06-20-2012, 09:42 PM
That ball to Davis was so predictable.

ryan
06-20-2012, 09:43 PM
If this game ends in a draw, I blame Dobson. That fucker has voodoo magic and hates Canada.

DaBandit
06-20-2012, 09:45 PM
You don't think jumping over the shot is "making a....movement that deceives or distracts an opponent"? Eh.... arguable.

Or the fact that he jumped over the ball which would mean obstructing the goalies vision? Anyways moot point as any two officials would interrupt that situation differently.. Now lets just hold onto this one goal lead.. Perhaps bringing in a fresh defender would help..

Suds

Not in this case. The goalie saw the shot and didn't flinch one bit when Johnson jumped over. Hence, not distracted by it.

Argue it all you want. It's not offside. The right call was made.

habstfc
how much time left?

Oldtimer
06-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Longball to Davis again.

DOMIN8R
It's on TSN if you can find a stream. Atdhe nearly always has one. AlanO, that reads like the blurb to a Bad News Bears sequel lol

www.thefirstrow.eu (http://www.thefirstrow.eu)

Stream:
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/127429/1/watch-houston-dynamo-vs-toronto-fc.html

:) I left out the part about the opponent being a MLS cup finalist last year..

Anyone got a stream for this game?
I'm not around a tv right now.

Thanks to those how helped me out earlier.

Brooker
80min mark.

how much time left?

DaBandit
06-20-2012, 09:47 PM
how much time left?

11 mins

AlanO
06-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Johnson's first touch and passing have been horrible this half... should put in Lambe or Plata

DaBandit
06-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Not in this case. The goalie saw the shot and didn't flinch one bit when Johnson jumped over. Hence, not distracted by it.

Maybe he didn't flinch because Johnson was in his line of vision and jumping over the ball.. Lol

ryan
06-20-2012, 09:51 PM
oh boy this is gonna be a long 10 mins

DaBandit
06-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Wow... What a scramble that was

ryan
this is madness

habstfc
C'mon close it out.

DaBandit
06-20-2012, 09:55 PM
We'll probably see at least 4 mins of extra time...

ensco

There is no league in the world where whether the GK flinches is the ref's test for interference. The test is, was the player's presence a factor in the play?

OgtheDim
Lambe......ugh.

ryan
why do you have to give these easy fouls...trademark TFC

Brooker
06-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Morgan!

DaBandit
06-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Son of a bitch!!!!

sully
06-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Of course.

ryan
Like I said. Shut the fuck up Gerry.

ensco
Sigh

Oldtimer
Some things never change.

leafsman
06-20-2012, 09:58 PM
why wasnt dicoy in 10 mins ago?

Soccerpro
That's what you get for booting the ball with every kick for the last 40 minutes of the game. Who didn't see that coming? Have a shread of composure with the ball TFC.

Brooker
5 minutes? Uh oh...